Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #201
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks, Carrie. I probably won't be putting in my SAB order till end of February or beginning of March. I am in no hurry for anything.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #202
Gallery Gazer

I uploaded a card today. Haven't done that for awhile. I usually just upload to my blog. Do any of you have an scs gallery?

Here's my card
LOVE ... Tim Holtz Style by stampnangel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #203
Insane Embellisher

Nicely done, Carrie! I am so bad at collage cards. I think it's because I don't have the imagination for it. I do have a very small gallery, but haven't uploaded anything for sometime. I should get back to doing that.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #204
Gallery Gazer

it would be nice if we uploaded cards to scs to share them on the thread with each other.
school is on a 2 hr delay this am since we got 2 inches of snow and wouldn't you know my kid got up at 5am... ugh!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #205
Pearl-ExPert

Great card, Carrie. Collage cards, especially Tim H. ones are out of my normal comfortable zone so I seldom make them. Like Barb said, I don't have the imagination for it and when I do make one it looks all slapped together where my eyes cannot focus on anything. Sad, too, because I took some classes at the LSS where many of the Ranger products were used and so I have a stash of Ranger products. Oh no, does that mean this falls into my 2011 resolution of using products I already own?

I guess I should have made taking photos of my cards one of my 2011 resolutions. I mean no photos means no uploading so..... I guess I don't feel taking photos of any of my cards or projects are worthy. I mean who wants to see what I make. I mean "I" don't even want to see photos of what I make.

Your son getting up early this morning reminds me of what always happens to me. The mornings I can sleep in I never seem to be able to and the mornings I have to get up early I want to sleep and can't get up and get going.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #206
Die Cut Diva

I have a gallery, I think there is a link in my signature. I tend to upload and blog my cards, it doesn't take too much time to upload, so I figure why not.

Happy Friday all! I am so glad it is the end of the week. It has been a long week, with us all being sick. I am doing much better. Matthew still has a really runny nose (all clear stuff though) and he even tears up at times. I figure he has so much congestion and pressure... poor little guy.

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 AM   #207
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
Great card, Carrie. Collage cards, especially Tim H. ones are out of my normal comfortable zone so I seldom make them. Like Barb said, I don't have the imagination for it and when I do make one it looks all slapped together where my eyes cannot focus on anything. Sad, too, because I took some classes at the LSS where many of the Ranger products were used and so I have a stash of Ranger products. Oh no, does that mean this falls into my 2011 resolution of using products I already own?

I guess I should have made taking photos of my cards one of my 2011 resolutions. I mean no photos means no uploading so..... I guess I don't feel taking photos of any of my cards or projects are worthy. I mean who wants to see what I make. I mean "I" don't even want to see photos of what I make.
I think you should upload your cards. They are really cute!!! maybe you could add that to your resolutions.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #208
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19 View Post
I have a gallery, I think there is a link in my signature. I tend to upload and blog my cards, it doesn't take too much time to upload, so I figure why not.

Happy Friday all! I am so glad it is the end of the week. It has been a long week, with us all being sick. I am doing much better. Matthew still has a really runny nose (all clear stuff though) and he even tears up at times. I figure he has so much congestion and pressure... poor little guy.
glad to hear you guys are starting to feel better. thanks for the comment on my card.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #209
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Kelly, I enjoyed looking at your gallery. I spotted a card with lilacs (which I love) from 2008. I had to laugh out loud at your comment about the stitching! I usually just use the faux stitching with my pen, but maybe I'll use my machine ---- if I can get it threaded! LOL
Old 01-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #210
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
I think you should upload your cards. They are really cute!!! maybe you could add that to your resolutions.
OK, Carrie. I will add that to my resolutions.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #211
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
Kelly, I enjoyed looking at your gallery. I spotted a card with lilacs (which I love) from 2008. I had to laugh out loud at your comment about the stitching! I usually just use the faux stitching with my pen, but maybe I'll use my machine ---- if I can get it threaded! LOL
OMG that is hilarious! It looks like I was a little tipsy that day.

It also was on my husband's great aunt's sewing machine... which died soon after that. (I found out she never cleaned it in who knows how many years) My new machine sews so much better (and straighter!). Of course practice helped on that.

I keep wanting to go back to stitching on my projects, but I just never do it. I have a swap card due in Feb, maybe I will stitch on that.

Thanks for the laugh Barb.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #212
Insane Embellisher

Carrie - I got your wonderful b/day card today. Thanks so much - it is so cute! Love the layout and colors. These birthday's come far too frequently these days. Oh well, I guess it's good I'm still having them, huh????
Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #213
Die Cut Diva

450 pictures ordered from Snapfish... just have my mom's account left to order, she has 170 free pics, plus I can use the 99 prints for $0.99 code.

Then I can get started on the 365 album for my boys first year. I am kinda excited.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #214
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
Carrie - I got your wonderful b/day card today. Thanks so much - it is so cute! Love the layout and colors. These birthday's come far too frequently these days. Oh well, I guess it's good I'm still having them, huh????
I'm glad you liked it
Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #215
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
450 pictures ordered from Snapfish... just have my mom's account left to order, she has 170 free pics, plus I can use the 99 prints for $0.99 code.

Then I can get started on the 365 album for my boys first year. I am kinda excited.
wow that's alot of pics. have fun making those albums.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #216
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning, What's on everyones plans for the day? Mine involve cleaning the house, doesn't that sound like fun. LOL I've had a terrible nights sleep, been up since 4am so I'll be exhausted come noon today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #217
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning all.

Hey Carrie, I received your lovely card on Saturday. Thank you. Is that stickles you used or glitter? How did you get it so thin? I love the look of glitter but I never use it because I can't get it thin enough where it doesn't get over everything. I do use Stickles but not glitter (plus of course glitter is more work).
Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #218
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Good Morning all.

Hey Carrie, I received your lovely card on Saturday. Thank you. Is that stickles you used or glitter? How did you get it so thin? I love the look of glitter but I never use it because I can't get it thin enough where it doesn't get over everything. I do use Stickles but not glitter (plus of course glitter is more work).
I use stickles. I think I used star dust or diamond on that card. I'm a glitter gal, love the bling it gives to cards
Old 01-10-2011, 04:45 AM   #219
Pearl-ExPert

I love Star Dust. I use that more than any other Stickles I own.

Have to run many errands and have many chores to do today but I want to make some time for some crafting.... either stamping or scrapping. I rearranged my crafting table yesterday and I am loving it. For the time being things that should on the right hand side are now there. I know I'll change my mind again in a couple months.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 AM   #220
Pearl-ExPert

Oh update, update.... It's been 10 days and I have not bought a single thing crafting related. In fact, I really haven't bought anything other than groceries. So keep on me, girls.

I have not had a chance to go through my stamp sets that I want to sell. I need to do that.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #221
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Oh update, update.... It's been 10 days and I have not bought a single thing crafting related. In fact, I really haven't bought anything other than groceries. So keep on me, girls.

I have not had a chance to go through my stamp sets that I want to sell. I need to do that.
YAY! Congrats to you! I have not been that good. I have a scrapbook swap I am involved in. You send the ingredients to 3 double page layouts and you get the same in return. So I have been out shopping for that, and buying for myself along the way.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #222
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

WOO HOO you're off to a great start. I've been bad and good...went to J's yesterday and got what I needed for bday sb pages with the toy story theme and it took everything I had not to buy new dcwv stacks that were on sale but then i went to mikes and got a cricut cart on clearance for $10. but in my defense i used a gift card i got for xmas at both places.

I went though 6yrs worth of paper crafting mags this weekend and got rid of 4yrs worth of mags. I kept the last 2 yrs and most of the specialty issues. what a relief it was to let some of that stuff go.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #223
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
YAY! Congrats to you! I have not been that good. I have a scrapbook swap I am involved in. You send the ingredients to 3 double page layouts and you get the same in return. So I have been out shopping for that, and buying for myself along the way.
can you "shop" from your own stash Kelly for the swap?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #224
Pearl-ExPert

I have gift cards from both Michaels and Joanns that I got for Christmas but I haven't used them yet. So I am trying to figure out if I use these if these go against my craft diet. Carrie if you needed to do your son's Toy Store theme and used a gift card I don't think that counts as really spending (since what I am understanding is that you didn't have what you needed in your stash). Don't you like my logic?

Good for you for tossing your old magazines. I'm in the tossing mood today so I've been tossing a few things out this morning. I need to toss a log out. I need to run errands but it is so foggy out that I'm waiting for the fog to lift. I hate driving in the fog.

So Kelly.... are you mailing smaller scrap pages or 12x12 pages? Would think 12x12 would be very difficult to mail.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #225
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I have gift cards from both Michaels and Joanns that I got for Christmas but I haven't used them yet. So I am trying to figure out if I use these if these go against my craft diet. Carrie if you needed to do your son's Toy Store theme and used a gift card I don't think that counts as really spending (since what I am understanding is that you didn't have what you needed in your stash). Don't you like my logic?

Good for you for tossing your old magazines. I'm in the tossing mood today so I've been tossing a few things out this morning. I need to toss a log out. I need to run errands but it is so foggy out that I'm waiting for the fog to lift. I hate driving in the fog.

So Kelly.... are you mailing smaller scrap pages or 12x12 pages? Would think 12x12 would be very difficult to mail.
my theory on the gift cards is its free money and would NOT count against your spending. if someone gave you a stamp as a gift you would use that right? how's that logic for you lol
Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #226
Pearl-ExPert

Love your logic, Carrie.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #227
Die Cut Diva

I am mailing 12x12 swaps. I have saved a few packages over the years that I received from SB companies. I found out before how tough it is to find a box to fit pages this size! So I should be good...

Carrie, I could have shopped from my stash... I should have. But I didn't have the will power.

I don't think I could ever get rid of my magazines either!! Yikes! I have about 3 years stashed, and each year I just buy a new magazine holder. LOL

Old 01-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #228
Pearl-ExPert

Gosh, I have magazine holder for my beading and cross-stitch magazines as well as the stamping ones. And also have about 12 or so St Up catalogs. I'm out of space.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #229
Insane Embellisher

I have so many magazines!!! I finally did bite the bullet and get rid of some. It was tough, but it had to be done. Just not enough space.

June, I received your adorable "Crafty Girl" b/day card today. Thanks so much. This is the fun part of growing older!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #230
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Gosh, I have magazine holder for my beading and cross-stitch magazines as well as the stamping ones. And also have about 12 or so St Up catalogs. I'm out of space.
that's why I had to let go of some of mine. I keep mine on 2 shelves in my stamp room and they just couldn't hold anymore. besides that my taste has changed from what I liked several years ago. I kept the few pages I wanted out of each mag and put them in a binder.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #231
Gallery Gazer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #232
Gallery Gazer

oh this is going to be a long long day. I've been up since 3:30. I hate when I get insomnia. one thing about being up this early i watched a herd of deer walk up my driveway and cross over into the neighbors yard

the schools are on a 2 hr early dismissal today because we have a snow storm coming around noon and they said its supposed to come in fast dropping 5 inches right away. not looking forward to that

Last edited by stampnangel; 01-11-2011 at 01:46 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #233
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday, Barb! Glad you received the card yesterday. Sometimes the USPS is slow. Enjoy your special day.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #234
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
that's why I had to let go of some of mine. I keep mine on 2 shelves in my stamp room and they just couldn't hold anymore. besides that my taste has changed from what I liked several years ago. I kept the few pages I wanted out of each mag and put them in a binder.
I keep certain articles from the old mags too and save them in a binder. I have some pages from 1997 when I first started scrapping. But I did do a clean out of the binder recently. . . as you said my tastes change.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 AM   #235
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
oh this is going to be a long long day. I've been up since 3:30. I hate when I get insomnia. one thing about being up this early i watched a herd of deer walk up my driveway and cross over into the neighbors yard

the schools are on a 2 hr early dismissal today because we have a snow storm coming around noon and they said its supposed to come in fast dropping 5 inches right away. not looking forward to that
Herd of deer? Wow! Do you live near a wooded area?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #236
Pearl-ExPert

My postal scale has gone bonkers. It keeps displaying an error. It's like it is possessed. I changed the batteries just to make sure it that was not the issue. I need my scale - I consider it a stamping tool. Well, besides the Michaels and Joanns gift card I do have a $50 VISA gift card I can use to buy another one but I wanted to save the VISA gift card for PaperTrey Ink purchases. Well, according to the logic Carrie and I figured out I can get the scale with the VISA gc and not feel guilty, right?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #237
Gallery Gazer

lol June thats exactly right.

its not exactly like a woodland area though there are some woods in the neighborhood i live in but not directly by my house. sometimes in the middle of the night you can see the deer trotting down the road but they mostly stick to yards. in summer if you plant certain flowers they'll be gone in a day after the deer eat them. they ate all 3 of my mom's hanging baskets 2yrs ago. she lives 3 blocks from me
Old 01-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #238
Die Cut Diva

My logic would be, would the postal scale really be considered a crafty purchase??

Old 01-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #239
Die Cut Diva

Happy birthday BARB! Your card will be late, so sorry! My husband's birthday is tomorrow, and I don't even have his card made... so he will be late probably too. LOL

Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #240
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

We got snow here too. 3-4 inches last night. And guess what, all the schools are closed. For a Wisconsin girl, that is pretty pitiful. But I guess they have so many days set aside for snow days, so why not keep the kids home and all those parents off the streets during rush hour.

I was wondering why you posted so early! I feel for you! I can't imagine not being able to sleep. I am usually so exhausted. But I get to bed after midnight every night (its the only time I can craft, and I am a night owl). If I could just force myself to go to bed early once and a while I would be better.