Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 AM   #161
Gallery Gazer

2 more pics. They are of my son. Look at his wild hair in the one he wanted to comb it himself. LOL The other is the scrapbook page I did of him with Santa this year
Attached Thumbnails
100_0028.jpg   100_4775.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #162
Kookie Creator

Hi there! I am glad you liked my card. I just love your tree and your collection of Santas is my fav! I too love Santa. I have a dancing Santa who keeps me smiling and laughing every time he starts to sing and dance. I have other Santafied items too around the house like a tea light Santa head, a Baking Santa figure and my Santa ornaments. How do I post pictures here? Here it is on my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...642.1643630805

****Look here if you enjoy being creative: Learn, make and do crafts!
**** Get free crafting products!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #163
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petu2000 View Post
Hi there! I am glad you liked my card. I just love your tree and your collection of Santas is my fav! I too love Santa. I have a dancing Santa who keeps me smiling and laughing every time he starts to sing and dance. I have other Santafied items too around the house like a tea light Santa head, a Baking Santa figure and my Santa ornaments. How do I post pictures here? Here it is on my facebook: Login | Facebook
When you click on reply see all the stuff at the top where the font and that is. Click the paper clip then you upload the file from your computer. Make sure the file is less than 195kb I think is SCS max.

I'm so glad to see you on here. How have you been?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #164
Die Cut Diva

Morning gals! How are you all today? We're doing good here... it's cold, but we are surviving. I think I may need to get out of the house today though... the natives are getting restless, and I am going stir crazy.

Carrie, your decorations and tree are beautiful! Our tree is up, with lights and some ornaments, but I haven't finished it yet. The boys are really bad about grabbing ornaments that are anywhere near their reach, so I have to find ones to put on the bottom that I don't care about as much, and aren't as fragile. So it's a slow process. Plus when they go to bed at night, I would rather be down in my craft area, not decorating.

Ok, I am off to change the boys, and hopefully get to Target to wander around.

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 12-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #165
Die Cut Diva

I finally finished a layout for my boys! It's from last December. And it has been sitting on my SB table, half finished for over a month. I finally got around to doing the second page and adding the title yesterday. I hope the link works! I can't see my Scrapbook album when I go to my gallery...

Stampin Up! Gallery: Scrapbook pages by gadget19

Old 12-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #166
Gallery Gazer

I can see it. how cute!!!! I've been so busy the past 2 days finishing the cookies and then I had to make 10 christmas money holders for my mom. I think I should be able to relax now till christmas. keeping fingers crossed
Old 12-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #167
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies....Carrie, thanks for sharing your photos. Your son's hair....too funny. I think it's great you caught is desire to be independent in a photo. He'll laugh about it later ( think). You sure go all out with the decorating. Very festive. Makes our house look so plain.

Kelly, I love your twin's pages. In one of your letters to us you'll have to tell us about their personalities. I always am curious about twins (and multiples) and if they are similar or very different.

Amalia, I am not on FB so I can't view. OMG, I must be the last of the living not on FB. Maybe in 2011 I'll take the plunge.

I finished the last of making gift bags and tags yesterday. Gifts? Check. Baking? No check. I still need to do that this weekend. Also, I need to work on calendars that I give out as New Year's cards. That is on my "to do" list. We are expecting the worst storm in 5 years this weekend. It will be a good weekend to stay indoors and get plenty done.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #168
Gallery Gazer

I'll probably be MIA alot over the next 2 wks while jason is on break. hope you all have a very merry christmas and happy new year.... will check in when I can
Old 12-20-2010, 05:26 AM   #169
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
Hi ladies....Carrie, thanks for sharing your photos. Your son's hair....too funny. I think it's great you caught is desire to be independent in a photo. He'll laugh about it later ( think). You sure go all out with the decorating. Very festive. Makes our house look so plain.

Kelly, I love your twin's pages. In one of your letters to us you'll have to tell us about their personalities. I always am curious about twins (and multiples) and if they are similar or very different.

Amalia, I am not on FB so I can't view. OMG, I must be the last of the living not on FB. Maybe in 2011 I'll take the plunge.

I finished the last of making gift bags and tags yesterday. Gifts? Check. Baking? No check. I still need to do that this weekend. Also, I need to work on calendars that I give out as New Year's cards. That is on my "to do" list. We are expecting the worst storm in 5 years this weekend. It will be a good weekend to stay indoors and get plenty done.

Thanks June I really only do 2 rooms but do decorate them quite a bit. I do it for my son who is just too sweet when he says Mommy your decorations are bootiful. LOL

Just wanted to pop on this morning and say a quick hello and hope you all are ready for upcoming holiday weekend... man can you believe it!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #170
Die Cut Diva

Morning all! Happy Monday!

We just got all our presents wrapped last night, at least the ones we have ready. I have one more scarf I have to sew up for my niece, but that is basically three straight stitches, so it should go fast. Maybe I'll get that done today while the boys are napping. We still have to send out our Christmas cards, but at least I have all the envies addressed.

Now I just have to worry about washing clothes and packing... the boys and I will be with my family (in Northern Wisconsin) until New Years. Hubby is flying home between Christmas and New Years for work, but this way I get to spend more time with my family.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:51 AM   #171
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, happy Monday everyone. Can you believe it is this close to Christmas? It's just gone too fast. Well, a portion of my baking got done over the weekend. I need to finish so I can deliver some cookies and packages of cards to some friends. Yesterday I spent the afternoon at my MIL's wrapping her gifts. She hates wrapping and I don't mind it (although she kept saying "I'm sure glad you love wrapping gifts" - like I said I don't mind it, but I don't love it). But it worked out because she fixed us dinner and I didn't have to cook. I will do just about anything not to cook

Have a wonderful week.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #172
Gallery Gazer

Kelly have safe travels

June are you getting all that rain in your area? Saw some pics on the news this morning of the flooding
Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #173
Pearl-ExPert

We've had a lot of rain since Thursday night. It has eased up since yesterday but there is one more storm that is coming tonight and should be raining throughout the night. Will probably be heavy rains in the morning but I think it is supposed to dry up after that. The skiers are really happy. (I am not a skier). I'm just glad to be indoors -- nice and warm.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #174
Pearl-ExPert

Merry Christmas, everyone! Enjoy your holidays.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #175
Gallery Gazer

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #176
Gallery Gazer

so how was everyone's Christmas? ours was good and exhausting. I'm having crafting withdraw maybe next week I'll get a chance. was santa good to everyone?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:33 AM   #177
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a nice Christmas. What did you get from Santa? My stamping related items I got were a gift card to Michaels and another to Joanns. Also $ so I can buy what I want (last online order) BEFORE the new year when I go on my craft budget (LOL). Some other things I got were a warm vest, slippers, PJs, two tote bags, candy, a frame, and other cute handmade goodies.

I finally finished my new year's calendars. Oh so glad. Finally!!! But now I need to make some New Years card. I guess I have to get those done today. I also need Christmas thank you cards and I am SO tempted to use some note cards from Michaels I picked up at the end of last season. I can't remember the last time I sent store bought cards.

Ok, I guess it is time to serious get my craft budget in order.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #178
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning. Just a quick in and out for me today. I have to do some cleaning to get ready for Jason's bday party tomorrow. I'm hoping to get to make a card later today or something, maybe try out the new cricut carts I got anything craft related. LOL I only got a few stamp related things some new verve stamps and a gift card to J's oh and of course the new cricut carts. I'm going to be right there with you June being good come the new year. I have way too much stuff!!!

I have never said this in my life but I am totally sick of candy at this point. We got so much candy from people over the holidays I feel like we're drowning in it. ACK!!! I've never had this much candy in the house at once. Hopefully people will eat some tomorrow at the party.

June you should post a pic of your calendars would love to see them. Have a Happy New Year. I have cards ready for next month but will write the letters later. Have a great day.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #179
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday, Jason!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #180
Pearl-ExPert

Carrie, I know what you mean about candy. I am tired of candy too. I have been craving something salty but I haven't found anything that is just right.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #181
Die Cut Diva

Merry late Christmas all! I am still at my parent's house, here until Saturday, depending on the weather. Then we start the 10 hour drive home. Hubby flies back in tomorrow, which will be nice. He has been home since Sunday, he went home to work on the house (and go to work) while the boys and I stayed with my family. Sorry I haven't been on too much, it's been a long week! Both boys got sick as soon as daddy left, and so they have not been sleeping well. So neither has mommy.

Anyways Christmas was really nice. The boys got a lot of new toys from the grandparents. I will have to go through all their toys when I get home to make room for the new ones. I got the new Pazzles inspiration software for my electronic cutter. I can't wait to try it out! I also got a new paper trimmer. My fiskars has been with me for over 12 years, and the slide would always shimmy on it, so I thought it was time to retire it. I also got a SU shipment, with new stamps and all the new inks/markers from my parents. I can't wait to get home to play with all my new stamps! I have loved the Aviary set since the catty came out, just didn't have the $ to buy it.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:48 AM   #182
Gallery Gazer

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year. Things are finally getting back to normal here. Jason loved his party and I got all the decs down yesterday and the house cleaned it took 12 hrs to do everything. Now maybe I can get back to crafting.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:00 AM   #183
Pearl-ExPert

My decorations are still up. I have to put them away. It is always more fun to set up than clean up. LOL.

Kelly, which brand paper trimmer did you receive? Oh, I love my Aviary set. I like the different fancy bird cages.

Okay, I have less than 24 hours to pick up anything I really need before I begin my craft diet. OMG, I just remembered Michaels has their 25% off everything coupon sale tomorrow and I have a Michaels (and Joanns) gift card. Oh no, I hadn't thought about if I can use them and still be on my budget.

So, my resolution is: buy only what I need (adhesive, basic color CS - white, cream/vanilla, kraft, envelopes). Don't buy any designed paper (I have tons). If I am going to buy a stamp set I have to ask myself these questions - 1. is it unique? 2. how much use will I get? 3. is there a similar set in my stash I can use? 4. is it too trendy and become outdated soon? 5. do I absolutely LOVE it?

The other part of my resolution is challenge myself to use all my stamps I currently have with my current stash of CS, designed paper, ribbons, and all the tons of embellishment I have.

OMG, wish me luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:02 AM   #184
Pearl-ExPert

I just printed my resolution to keep in my craft room.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #185
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Good Morning!!!!

Ah my life is finally back to its normal routine today. I'm so glad. I've gotten so behind on projects the past 2 weeks so I have a lot of catching up to do now that Jason is back in school. First off making thank yous for his birthday party gifts.

So how has everyone been? June that is a great idea to print your resolution off and keep in your craft room. I'm going to try to be better this year too. I've started going through my craft room putting some stuff in a box that I don't use anymore and I'm going to give things away over the next year on my blog. That way it goes to someone who can hopefully use it and clears out the clutter a bit for me.

Well I need to get my kid up and motivated to go to school LOL. Have a great day and hopefully I can check in now on a regular basis
Old 01-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #186
Pearl-ExPert

I love the holidays but I am glad it is over although now I have tons to do (that I promised myself I would do). Hey, I survived two days of my new year's crafting resolutions. I didn't go to Michaels on the 1st to use the 25% off everything coupon. I threw away (recycle bin of course) the Michaels ad from Sunday including the coupons. I deleted some crafting store emails without looking at them. Some I opened to unsubcribe. Then yesterday I made two sets of cards using some stamp sets that had not seen ink yet.

Feels so good. I am planning to go through my Stampin Up sets to figure out which I want to sell. I have SO many sets.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #187
Gallery Gazer

you're off to a great start June!! I do need to go to joanns to buy toy story themed stuff so i can scrapbook the bday party pics and I have nothing here I can use.

Are you going to get anything for SAB? I need some cardstock and there are 2 sets I want from the mini. But I don't have any set like the 2 I want so that's how I'm justifing it lol

have a great day
Old 01-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #188
Die Cut Diva

Amalia, I received your beautiful card! Thank you so much! I don't know what day it came on, I can't remember if it was in my pile of mail from the holidays, or if it just came this past weekend... I am a little out of it. LOL It's not fun being sick with two sick boys... but thankfully they are almost through it. I think I am just getting through the worst of this, hopefully at least!

June, I got a Fiskars cutter. I think it is the Ultimate something or other. It's still packed away somewhere from our holiday. I have so much work to do around the house, I may not see it for a while!

Carrie & June, I admire your dedication on your crafting resolution. I need to do the same. I am in a SB swap (just sending supplies for 3 double layouts) and I spent almost $40. On only 2 of the three layouts! I have to go through what I bought and bring some of it back... that is just crazy! Especially since I know I may not get as much back. I just need to focus on making things for the pages now...

I need to think about what I want to do for my resolution. I always wanted to try that stamp to spend, or whatever people put in their signature. Maybe I will come up with a SB challenge, 10 layouts in a year should be doable! LOL

Well, I am off to start the day. Feed the boys, wash a ton of laundry and hopefully make it to Target and start dinner. Hopefully I will get a chance to get on here after lunch!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #189
Die Cut Diva

Here's part of my resolution... try to do a scrapbook for a picture a day/ or close to it. Inspired by Becky Higgins - Products. This won't be saving me money though... so I need to work on that part of the resolution!

I am working on uploading pictures to snapfish right now, uploading 1900 of 5000. LOL I have them all on shutterfly already, but then I tried snapfish and LOVED how vibrant they were. I need to print off the same pics with both companies to see which ones I like better.

FYI snapfish is having penny prints until Jan 9th. 99 prints for $0.99 - 2011PENNY

I am creating an account for my mom so I can use her penny prints. LOL

Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #190
Insane Embellisher

Hi All - Sorry I have been missing in action! Had some major family issues, but I think we are on our way back to "normal". Thank you for letting me return to the group. Cards and letters will be in the mail this week. We are expecting some possible snow/ice tonight as we transition from very cold weather to warmer rainy weather, so I may not make it to work or a post office tomorrow, but this week for sure! Thanks for the cards and notes that I received!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 AM   #191
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
Hi All - Sorry I have been missing in action! Had some major family issues, but I think we are on our way back to "normal". Thank you for letting me return to the group. Cards and letters will be in the mail this week. We are expecting some possible snow/ice tonight as we transition from very cold weather to warmer rainy weather, so I may not make it to work or a post office tomorrow, but this week for sure! Thanks for the cards and notes that I received!
Welcome Back Barb. Hope you had a wonderful holiday. I wrote letters out yesterday so cards are going in the mail this morning... watch your mailbox
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #192
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19 View Post
Amalia, I received your beautiful card! Thank you so much! I don't know what day it came on, I can't remember if it was in my pile of mail from the holidays, or if it just came this past weekend... I am a little out of it. LOL It's not fun being sick with two sick boys... but thankfully they are almost through it. I think I am just getting through the worst of this, hopefully at least!

June, I got a Fiskars cutter. I think it is the Ultimate something or other. It's still packed away somewhere from our holiday. I have so much work to do around the house, I may not see it for a while!

Carrie & June, I admire your dedication on your crafting resolution. I need to do the same. I am in a SB swap (just sending supplies for 3 double layouts) and I spent almost $40. On only 2 of the three layouts! I have to go through what I bought and bring some of it back... that is just crazy! Especially since I know I may not get as much back. I just need to focus on making things for the pages now...

I need to think about what I want to do for my resolution. I always wanted to try that stamp to spend, or whatever people put in their signature. Maybe I will come up with a SB challenge, 10 layouts in a year should be doable! LOL

Well, I am off to start the day. Feed the boys, wash a ton of laundry and hopefully make it to Target and start dinner. Hopefully I will get a chance to get on here after lunch!

How are you and the boys feeling Kelly? I hope you all are better. That's a good start to do 10 layouts in a year. Once you get going I bet you'll make more than that.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #193
Gallery Gazer

Another day and some more frigid weather... how many days till spring? Well I didn't get Valentine cards done yesterday because I got sidetracked doing other things so maybe today. Not much else is going on here. My son is still fighting off the ear infection we found out he had on christmas eve so he's on more meds and not happy about it but good thing is no fever so he's able to go to school. This is his 4th ear infection since starting school. I don't like that one bit but what can you do. Well I'm in need of some coffee. Hope you have a great day.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #194
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
HI Barb! I'd like to officially introduce myself. I kind of butted my way into the group by PMing Carrie. I thought the thread was just a chat group at the beginning, I didn't realize it was a PEN PAL GROUP! It matched what I was looking for completely! I live in St. Louis, Missouri and am a stay-at-home mom to my twin, 20 month old boys. I have been scrapbooking for about 12 years or so, and stamping for 4-5. I was a SU hobby demo for about 2 years, but had to drop my demo when my boys came. I think that about sums me up! Glad to see you are back!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #195
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
How are you and the boys feeling Kelly? I hope you all are better. That's a good start to do 10 layouts in a year. Once you get going I bet you'll make more than that.
Carrie, I am still coughing and am still really congested. I hate it. My ears keep popping and I can't breathe... and when I get started I really keep coughing.

The boys on the otherhand, have been sleeping well and seem better. They are still congested and coughing, but thankfully Ryan doesn't have the croupy cough anymore. He woke up Friday night with stridor, where he was having a very difficult time breathing from the croup. That was the first time he had stridor, and it scared the begeezes out of me! But the exchange nurses definitely know what they are talking about and he was better that night, without a trip into the ER. *phew*

Old 01-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #196
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19 View Post
HI Barb! I'd like to officially introduce myself. I kind of butted my way into the group by PMing Carrie. I thought the thread was just a chat group at the beginning, I didn't realize it was a PEN PAL GROUP! It matched what I was looking for completely! I live in St. Louis, Missouri and am a stay-at-home mom to my twin, 20 month old boys. I have been scrapbooking for about 12 years or so, and stamping for 4-5. I was a SU hobby demo for about 2 years, but had to drop my demo when my boys came. I think that about sums me up! Glad to see you are back!
Hi! It's great to meet you. I am a wife, mom, grandma and great grandma who loves stamping and paper crafts in general. I work full time for Boeing (who I know has a plant in St. Louis) and enjoy gardening and genealogy. Can't wait to get better acquainted. I'm off to get some letters done!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #197
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome back Barb! I'm glad things are better for you now.

Carrie, which sets are you interested in from the mini? I really haven't seen any stamp sets that I want to buy. I do, however, like the Sweet Buttons embossllit on page 36 and I may get that during SAB. I don't have anything like that and I can see myself using it with some of the PTI stamps sets I own. I do need to get some cardstock and a few more clear blocks.

Kelly, let me know in one of your letters how the SB Club works. It sounds interesting although I would not be able to join something like that since I am just not scrapping right now. Way behind. I was looking at Becky Higgins' Project Life and I love that binder album and all the goodies you get with it. However, with my craft diet and all the albums I own that are sitting there waiting for me I can't justify ordering one. However, I was thinking of using the concept and some of the fun designs she has and work on a 2011 album. I only read about it last night.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #198
Gallery Gazer

the 2 sets i want from the mini...you're a gem to go with some images on one of my cricut carts and bold blossom because i think its adorable lol. i also love the button embosslit and plan on getting it.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #199
Pearl-ExPert

I have my eye on the Bold Blossom, too, although I refrained from mentioning it. The one stamp I like from that set is the leaves/stem stamp. I can think of so many ways I would use that stamp but the other stamps look like ones that I bet I can find in my current stash. I am trying NOT to justify buying that set (BUT if I get the clear mount it is only $9.95). LOL.

Carrie, if you buy the Sweet Button embosslit would you be willing to do cut on a piece of scrap CS and mail it to me in one of your letters? I'd love to see what they look like in real life.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #200
Gallery Gazer

sure June no problem . i'm not ordering till sab starts at the end of the month but i'll do it as soon as i get it