Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #81
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, I CASED myself and made some cards today that are similar to ones I made in the past but not quite the same. I wanted to make cards in fall colors to send to you all. My choice was CASE myself or send cards from my stash that are not in fall colors. I have to get out of my slump. I'll be sending them out this week.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:58 AM   #82
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
Ok, I CASED myself and made some cards today that are similar to ones I made in the past but not quite the same. I wanted to make cards in fall colors to send to you all. My choice was CASE myself or send cards from my stash that are not in fall colors. I have to get out of my slump. I'll be sending them out this week.
Can't wait to see it June. I hate when I'm in a creative slump. My last one lasted almost a month. I had to force myself out of it by doing some sketch challenges. I need to get some things made soon or people won't have anything to look at on my blog...ugh!!! That's one good thing about the blog it keeps me crafting all the time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 AM   #83
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning ladies! I put my cards/letters in the mail this morning. Perhaps those of you on the east coast will get them on Saturday. . . maybe Monday.

I need to return something to Michaels this morning but I sure don't feel like driving out there. I need to make some CAS thank you cards for my hubby to use for his birthday gifts so I will have to work on those today. Maybe I will just do that instead. I'm glad he only wants simple one layer cards.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #84
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Good Morning ladies! I put my cards/letters in the mail this morning. Perhaps those of you on the east coast will get them on Saturday. . . maybe Monday.

I need to return something to Michaels this morning but I sure don't feel like driving out there. I need to make some CAS thank you cards for my hubby to use for his birthday gifts so I will have to work on those today. Maybe I will just do that instead. I'm glad he only wants simple one layer cards.
I am not good at CAS cards. They take me way longer than a layered card does. There are some cas cards on here that are stunning but mine never seem to turn out that way LOL

Can't wait to get your card June. Hope you all are having a great day.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:14 AM   #85
Pearl-ExPert

I am not very good at CAS cards either. Each Sunday i look at the Favorite CAS cards that Susan (Simplicity) posts under General Stamp Talking. Those ladies make beautiful CAS cards. I have to get inspiration from them. My CAS cards always look like a lot is missing.

I think I've gotten my mojo back. I think I am back on track.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #86
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I am not very good at CAS cards either. Each Sunday i look at the Favorite CAS cards that Susan (Simplicity) posts under General Stamp Talking. Those ladies make beautiful CAS cards. I have to get inspiration from them. My CAS cards always look like a lot is missing.

I think I've gotten my mojo back. I think I am back on track.
Woo Hoo your mojo is back I hate when I'm in a creative slump. I know aren't those cards gorgeous. I feel the same way its always missing something. Its probably because I like piling a bunch of stuff on mine LOL
Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #87
Gallery Gazer

Christina and Barb are you still around?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #88
Gallery Gazer

june your beautiful card arrived on saturday. where did you get the library card stamp? i love it
Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #89
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Carrie, I am glad it arrived to the East Coast this week. Maybe Amalia got her's up in NY too.

That is a PTI (Papertrey Ink) clear stamp. I've been following their stamps since Feb. I am finding that since the stamp is clear on the clear block I have an easier time positioning and do not use my Stamp-a-ma-jig as often. I'm really liking their designs too. Their design team is really quite talented.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Carrie.....just saw you on thought I'd say "hi"

we have lots of snow and cold so maybe I'll get creative today

Have a great day!

Pearl
Old 11-22-2010, 04:24 AM   #91
Gallery Gazer

Morning Pearl... sent you a pm
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
Morning Pearl... sent you a pm
lol....sent one back to you ....Tag your it!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:44 AM   #93
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiebudstamp View Post
lol....sent one back to you ....Tag your it!
LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #94
Pearl-ExPert

Just want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #95
Gallery Gazer

same to you June hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving eat plenty of turkey
Old 11-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #96
Kookie Creator

Happy Thanksgiving all! I hope yours is peaceful and spent enjoying the company of loved ones.

The family drama has already begun here in NY. It's always something, I tell you. Lord, give me strength!

****Look here if you enjoy being creative: Learn, make and do crafts!
**** Get free crafting products!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #97
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petu2000 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all! I hope yours is peaceful and spent enjoying the company of loved ones.

The family drama has already begun here in NY. It's always something, I tell you. Lord, give me strength!
I swear sometimes the holidays bring out the worst in people. Hope you have a good day. Wish me luck as I go out shopping at midnight. Im completely going against my no black friday shopping. watching the macy parade and thought of you Amalia.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #98
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Carrie you are going to do the midnight shopping, huh? I hate the cold and I hate all the people. Only Black Friday shopping I am going to do is online.

I am stamping now watching the old reruns of Law and order. I am preparing food later in the morning for today's dinner at my MIL's place.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:28 AM   #99
Pearl-ExPert

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I guess some of you are probably out in the cold at the Black Friday sales right now. I am still in my jammies thinking about heading to Staples later on (40% off office supplies like pens, staples, etc) after any lines die down. Our LSS is having a 25% off everything sale so I will go over there but there will be no lines.

I ate SO much that I probably gained 3 lbs. I was SO uncomfortable after dinner that I told my husband "let's leave" -- that's pretty bad, isn't it? My jeans were so tight I had to get out of them.

If you went BF shopping, share the deals you got with us. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:25 AM   #100
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I guess some of you are probably out in the cold at the Black Friday sales right now. I am still in my jammies thinking about heading to Staples later on (40% off office supplies like pens, staples, etc) after any lines die down. Our LSS is having a 25% off everything sale so I will go over there but there will be no lines.

I ate SO much that I probably gained 3 lbs. I was SO uncomfortable after dinner that I told my husband "let's leave" -- that's pretty bad, isn't it? My jeans were so tight I had to get out of them.

If you went BF shopping, share the deals you got with us. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Our thanksgiving was good. My son insisted on wearing his Indian outfit that he wore to school for Thanksgiving feast to my mom's too. LOL I always tend to eat too much on Thanksgiving too... I swear when I'm loading up my plate it really doesn't look like that much HAHAHAHAHA

So even though I broke my I'm never going out on Black Friday rule it wasn't too bad. I went to walmart at 11pm and ran into my brother and sister n law who had already been there and picked up what they needed and were just waiting till midnight to check out so they helped me find what I needed and it went a lot faster. I was there to get the limited edition cricut cart Jolly Holidays on sale for 20 and by 8am the next morning they were all gone ... yep I went back LOL. That night though I had to get my husband a few things and then for a half hour we stood in the checkout line waiting for them to open. I was home by 12:15am so I thought that was pretty good. (I should say I didn't drag my little one with me he stayed the night with Mamaw and then baked cookies the next morning while we shopped) I did see some people out with little kids asleep in the buggy and felt so sorry for the kids.)

After my husband got off work friday morning at 8am we went to Sears to buy a new Christmas tree. It wasn't busy at all and even found a good parking spot at the mall. Then that's when we headed back to Walmart. They had 9 dollar movies but the bin was wiped out by the time I got there last night, well one of the employees that night told me they had multiple shippers of product in the back and they would be bring them out as the night went on so when we got there at 8am the 9 dollar movie bin was full and I was able to get my Father n law what he wanted for christmas dirt cheap.

Then I went back out... I know crazy ... at 1pm to Kmart to pick up a 4G memory card for the new camera I just got. I couldn't believe it but I got the last one they had so while I was there I got a new tree skirt for the new tree. It was a very succesful day. I didn't expect it to go that well.

So now we decorate for Christmas. We put the tree up yesterday to make sure it worked since it was one of those pre lit ones and decorated it last night after dinner. Today I'll do the rest of our house and my bay windows. I already did the outside while we had some warm weather. Our high today is 32.. It was so cold yesterday too.

So when do you decorate?

Has anyone heard from Christina?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:53 AM   #101
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Carrie, you certainly did well with your Black Friday shopping spree. The only shopping I did yesterday was to the LSS that had the 25% off everything and all I got was 4 sheets of DSP. Today the other LSS in town (more inventory) is having a super "Black Saturday" sale (they were closed on Friday) opening at 10am and I just have to be there when it opens. I got an email from them yesterday and the deals are just too good to pass up. I think it will be wall-to-wall people. Well, sometimes you have to just do what you have to do to get the deals. I want to get to Michaels before I go to the LSS. Ugh, it is raining today. Maybe that will keep some people at home (fat chance).

We usually go up to the attic during the Thanksgiving weekend to get our tree out. We have a tree with the lights on it already too. We don't decorate the house all that much except the tree and a few of my favorite decorative pieces. We have never had lights outside our house since DH does not want to put them up.

I finished all my Christmas cards yesterday. All 108 of them. I was planning to make only 90 but decided I needed more for various reasons. I ended up with 15 different designs. Now I have to keep track of which ones I send to people in case next year I can't come up with new ideas and need to CASE myself . Now it is time to finish my Christmas shopping.

I haven't heard from Christina. Christina, are you out there?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:55 AM   #102
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Wow Carrie, you certainly did well with your Black Friday shopping spree. The only shopping I did yesterday was to the LSS that had the 25% off everything and all I got was 4 sheets of DSP. Today the other LSS in town (more inventory) is having a super "Black Saturday" sale (they were closed on Friday) opening at 10am and I just have to be there when it opens. I got an email from them yesterday and the deals are just too good to pass up. I think it will be wall-to-wall people. Well, sometimes you have to just do what you have to do to get the deals. I want to get to Michaels before I go to the LSS. Ugh, it is raining today. Maybe that will keep some people at home (fat chance).

We usually go up to the attic during the Thanksgiving weekend to get our tree out. We have a tree with the lights on it already too. We don't decorate the house all that much except the tree and a few of my favorite decorative pieces. We have never had lights outside our house since DH does not want to put them up.

I finished all my Christmas cards yesterday. All 108 of them. I was planning to make only 90 but decided I needed more for various reasons. I ended up with 15 different designs. Now I have to keep track of which ones I send to people in case next year I can't come up with new ideas and need to CASE myself . Now it is time to finish my Christmas shopping.

I haven't heard from Christina. Christina, are you out there?
I just decorate the 2 rooms downstairs, the living and dining room. I used to do the whole downstairs and the hallway upstairs but its just too much to do. So I downsized LOL My living room is Santas...I do a bunch of different santas on my mantle and even have a HUGE wooden santa that hangs on our living room wall. The dining room is Snowmen and a couple little santas thrown in here and there. I also do a little pencil tree in the dining room and put my Hershey elf ornaments on it that my mom had been collecting for me for years.

Holy cow a 108 cards!!!! I have 20 to mail this year. I couldn't imagine that many.

Jason goes back to school today YAY!!! LMAO He has been so wound up I'm ready for him to go back. I plan on wrapping presents today and get that done and over and then all I'll have to do is bake cookies in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll finally be able to sit down and create something. We went to the mall yesterday and stood in line for an hour so he could see Santa so I have that pic that needs scrapbooking. Well I better jump in the shower. Have a great day Everyone!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:22 AM   #103
Kookie Creator

I received June's letter and lovely card today!

No Holiday shopping for me. I think I am going to finally give in and get everyone gift cards, this year. Ugh!

I wanted to get a tree this weekend but never got around to it. I did shop for some fake trees but can't seem to find one I can stomach! lol! There is nothing like a real tree, even though I grew up with a fake one.

****Look here if you enjoy being creative: Learn, make and do crafts!
**** Get free crafting products!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #104
Gallery Gazer

Well we have our first dusting of snow on the ground. It went from the 50's yesterday to the 20's today.... brrrrrr.

I got to actually create some cards and scrapbook pages yesterday. It was a very productive day. Hope you all are well.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all. . . it's been in the 50's during the day in Sacramento lately. I complain in the summer with the 90 + and 100+ temps but I am ready for summer again. Too cold.

Going to take my MIL to the shopping mall on Friday. I can't remember the last time I've been to the mall. I don't shop much (except of course craft stuff but most of that I do online). I don't have many actual Christmas gifts to buy since everyone (adults) seems happy with receiving gift cards. And of course, the nephews and nieces they love something called CASH. And they never complain or ask for a receipt. I used to buy them gifts when they were little. I just have a couple gifts to get to supplement some homemade gifts.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:09 AM   #106
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning. What is happening with everyone?
Old 12-05-2010, 03:37 AM   #107
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Good Morning. What is happening with everyone?
Hello Hello Hello

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Not too much going on here. DH was on vaca last week so while Jason was in school we did a little running around.

I mailed your cards the other day so you should be getting them soon.

The house is so quiet right now I don't know what to do since my son stayed the night at his Grandma's. I'm used to him being up watching cartoons and asking for breakfast by now LOL

I'm hoping to be creative today but we'll see how that goes. I actually dreamt about card making last night and I guess in my dream the card was fabulous LOL but I can't even remember what it looked like now.

Hope you all are doing well can't wait to get your next card. Have a great day.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #108
Pearl-ExPert

Enjoy the extra quiet this morning, Carrie. I'm sure you don't get those too often.

Took MIL Christmas shopping the other day and I finished up my shopping other than a few gift cards I need to pick up. OMG, I bought myself something and I just have to tell someone who understands a good deal (hubby was not impressed). They had short boots on sale at Macys. Regular $69, on sale, then I had a 25% coupon on top of that. I had a $25 gift card for Macys so I used that and my out of pocket amount came out to $3.54. Can you believe I only dished out $3.54 and I got just the boots I was looking for??? It's the softer leather so it is comfortable.

I will be sending out my December cards this week. Look for it in your mail.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #109
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Enjoy the extra quiet this morning, Carrie. I'm sure you don't get those too often.

Took MIL Christmas shopping the other day and I finished up my shopping other than a few gift cards I need to pick up. OMG, I bought myself something and I just have to tell someone who understands a good deal (hubby was not impressed). They had short boots on sale at Macys. Regular $69, on sale, then I had a 25% coupon on top of that. I had a $25 gift card for Macys so I used that and my out of pocket amount came out to $3.54. Can you believe I only dished out $3.54 and I got just the boots I was looking for??? It's the softer leather so it is comfortable.

I will be sending out my December cards this week. Look for it in your mail.
I love the sales at Macys. You got a fantastic deal!!! I've had some good deals like that from there. I got Jason some pj's from the clearance rack and paid 1.25 for them and they were originally 20 bucks. I got a couple sweaters this year from JC Pennys that were originally 36, on sale half off then I had one of those 10 dollar off coupons and paid 8 dollars each. Who could pass that up.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 AM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

So did you get creative yesterday?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #111
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
So did you get creative yesterday?
no I didn't. DH got me the new twilight movie and I watched that before our son came home. I was going to do stuff today but vegged in front of the tv instead lol I need to get motivated maybe tomorrow hahaha
Old 12-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Carrie, I received your lovely card and letter today. I just finished my letters and put them in envelopes to mail out in the morning.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #113
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hi Carrie, I received your lovely card and letter today. I just finished my letters and put them in envelopes to mail out in the morning.
I can't believe how fast my letters get to you when I send mail to my brother in VA and it takes a week sometimes LOL
Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #114
Pearl-ExPert

It's so hard to predict the USPS system. A gal in TX sent me a letter on 11/24, day before Thanksgiving, and I received it on Saturday, Dec 4th. Now I realize there is a holiday in there but it took 1.5 weeks to get from TX to CA. And get this, she took it to the post office to have weighed ($.64) and paid for postage there.

I really need to address my Christmas cards and get them in the mail since I don't know how long it will take to get to my friends who are out of state.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #115
Die Cut Diva

Hello ladies! I have been in contact with Carrie about joining your pen pal group. I hope you all don't mind that I butted in! I was looking for a group to chat with during the day, and when she told me you guys were a pen pal group, that was even better!

I am a SAHM to my twin 19 month old boys, so since they have been born I have taken a craft/SCS vacation, and I need to get back into scrapbooking and card making. Plus I miss all the fun mail and friends I had when I was active. So, that's about it. I will try and hop on here whenever I can. The boys are napping now, so I hope to get a card done before they wake. Take care!

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #116
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Kelly, welcome to the group. Oh my, twin 19 month old boys. That must keep you really busy and hopping. Hope to get to know you better soon.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #117
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hi Kelly, welcome to the group. Oh my, twin 19 month old boys. That must keep you really busy and hopping. Hope to get to know you better soon.
Thankfully my boys have always been pretty easy to manage. Of course, just as I type that, one of my little guys decides it's time to fuss. But he hasn't been feeling well the past day or so... but once they started to sleep through the night (around 9 months old when they both consistantly slept), life got a lot easier.

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 12-08-2010, 02:30 AM   #118
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19 View Post
Thankfully my boys have always been pretty easy to manage. Of course, just as I type that, one of my little guys decides it's time to fuss. But he hasn't been feeling well the past day or so... but once they started to sleep through the night (around 9 months old when they both consistantly slept), life got a lot easier.
It took my son FOREVER to sleep through the night. I swear I was sleep deprived for the first 3 yrs LOL
Old 12-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #119
Gallery Gazer

Ok I seriously can not take this cold weather anymore. It makes my bones ache the older i get HAHAHA Our high has been 25 degrees and every day its snowed. THank heavens none of it has really stuck just a dusting. I'm sending this cold weather out to you June! Don't you want some of winter's chill out there in sunny CA!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #120
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petu2000 View Post
I received June's letter and lovely card today!

No Holiday shopping for me. I think I am going to finally give in and get everyone gift cards, this year. Ugh!

I wanted to get a tree this weekend but never got around to it. I did shop for some fake trees but can't seem to find one I can stomach! lol! There is nothing like a real tree, even though I grew up with a fake one.
We got a new fake tree this year pre lit! and wonderful. lol I tried the real tree one year but apparantly I have a slight allergy to the pine because after I decorated it I was broke out in hives for days.

I did the gift cards for my one niece and nephew and I liked doing that because I have too much "Santa" shopping that I have to do. Hope you have a chance to pop back on here