Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #441
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
Ok, looks like some secrets are being revealed here. Hmmmm.... now to see who is really the bad gal here.... LOL
I have no idea what she's talking about. I think she might be delirious or something.

My Little Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #442
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Sarah, some of my rules .... I ask myself if it is unique and/or do I already have something similar? how much will i use it (just because it is cute does not mean it matches my "style" - whatever that may be) and do I ABSOLUTELY love it? I am really trying to make projects/cards out of my current stash. Really really trying.

My list for tonight's release is not final yet. They reveal the full sets tonight so I have to re-think things tonight.
I know what you mean June. I try to do the same thing but sometimes (most of the time) it is easier for me to just not look at anything. LOL I have very little willpower.

I like PTI too but I find that I like the sneak peeks but once it's revealed I'm not thrilled with the whole set. Which is great for my budget. LOL Now Verve, that is a whole other story! I've been looking at Unity lately too. They have some cute sets. They also have a kit of the month club. Well, better get back to work. See, I get sidetracked easy too. LOL

My Little Gallery
Old 02-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #443
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbdd View Post
I know what you mean June. I try to do the same thing but sometimes (most of the time) it is easier for me to just not look at anything. LOL I have very little willpower.

I like PTI too but I find that I like the sneak peeks but once it's revealed I'm not thrilled with the whole set. Which is great for my budget. LOL Now Verve, that is a whole other story! I've been looking at Unity lately too. They have some cute sets. They also have a kit of the month club. Well, better get back to work. See, I get sidetracked easy too. LOL
Ok, Carrie just mentioned Verve a week or so ago. Now you have both mentioned it.... not good for me.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #444
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Ok, Carrie just mentioned Verve a week or so ago. Now you have both mentioned it.... not good for me.
That's because She enabled me and forced me to buy Verve HAHAHAHA Its like potato chips you can't eat just one ... well you can't have just one Verve set.

I had something odd happen today. While trying to get into my google acct they blocked me and said there was suspicious activity then I had to have them call with a verification number so I could access it again. On top of that I noticed in my blog under followers it had automatically added me as a follower to my blog.... anyway I checked the isp addresses and they are all mine so I don't think anyone is messing with it. Anyone have anything like that from google?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #445
Die Cut Diva

Hello all! I hope you are having a wonderful V-day! I know I am. DH and I went to the local computer store yesterday, it's not a place I like to go, but they have other things there like cameras and printers I can drool over. Well DH decided to let me get my new camera yesterday!! Yippee! We have been talking about getting either a video camera or camera with video capabilities for a while, and I had finally picked out the Canon Rebel T2i, a digital SLR camera with full HD video capability. I was waiting to order it from Amazon, but the computer store had the same deal I was looking at, for about the same price (except for tax, but at least if there is a problem we can return it locally this way). There is an awesome rebate right now, if you buy one of select Canon cameras, you get a $400 printer basically for free (after mail-in rebate of course). So we came home with the Rebel and my new printer, a Canon PIXMA Pro9000. Happy V-day to me! I got to play with the camera a little yesterday, but it will take a while to get to learn all the cool things it can do, and the printer... I can't wait to try that baby out! It's a monster, but SOOO worth it! I can print out my 12x12 scrapbook pages!!

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #446
Die Cut Diva

Carrie, I have never heard of that with google. Hopefully you get it figured out!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #447
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I am definitely staying away, I need to behave!

Old 02-15-2011, 02:45 AM   #448
Gallery Gazer

Just a quick Good Morning.... have to get DS ready for school. Hope to check in later.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #449
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Ladies

How is everyone? June how did you do with the release? Kelly how have you been feeling? Hi Sarah, Amalia and Barb if you guys are out there.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #450
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies! It's a GORGEOUS day here, 65 already! Windows are open, and I am enjoying some fresh air in this stuffy house. Tomorrow it is supposed to get to 70. Ahhh! What a nice break! Of course this weekend it will dip back down into the 50s, but I will still take that over the cold weather we have been getting.

Today I think I can say that everyone is well. FINALLY! I still have some ear popping occassionally, but I feel ok. The boys both seem to be doing ok, no runny noses or coughing. And DH is on antibiotics and is getting better too. YAY!

I have had your cards ready to go here for a few days, just need to get around to writing my letters. Maybe today I will stay awake during naptime and get some stuff done around the house. HAHA!

Well I am off to make lunch, have a SUPER day everyone!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #451
Die Cut Diva

Holy cow... the boys just ate (between the two of them) a whole grilled cheese sandwich, a whole banana, and all the veggies out of a can of minestrone soup. DS#2 had I swear 10-15 full green beans the other night, on top of the green beans I gave him cut up (which was about another 5-10 pieces). Good grief, they must be going through a growth spurt. Thankfully they really love their fruits and veggies.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #452
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies.... Kelly congrats on your camera and printer. Wow, prints 12x12? My goodness.

Ok, I didn't spend all that much during the PTI release but definitely more than I wanted to considering my craft diet (goal is zero). I bought a lot of small things. Two of the stamp sets were only $5 each (although one was $24). I got dies and some cardstock which I was low on and it is one of my favorities (Aqua Mist). I probably should not have gotten the new purple and matching ribbon but oh well. I just checked what I spent in Jan and Feb 2010 and YTD in 2011 I have spent 17% of what I spent in the first two months of last year. I think that is a pretty good start for the year. There is NO WAY I am going to spend zero.

Been little under the weather since last Friday. Went to the doctor this morning and he wants me to do a lab test tomorrow. I hate having to fast because I get up in the wee hours of the morning and I want my coffee. I'll have to wait till the lab opens at 7am and then come home before my first cup of coffee. Ugh!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #453
Insane Embellisher

Hi All - Had snow here this morning, but it didn't stick. Guess we will have snow showers off and on for the next 3 days. Hope it keeps melting as I need to travel South to my sisters to help with her business since her husband is not able to after his heart surgery. He is doing great though and well on his way to recovery.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #454
Pearl-ExPert

Hope all went well with your doctor's appointment today, Kelly.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #455
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning TGIF!
June how are you feeling? I hope better. Just a quick in and out today. Hoping to get some more bday cards done today, had planned on it yesterday and got sidetracked. I signed DS up for t ball this spring so we'll see how that goes. Its a first for both of us lol. Hope you have a great day.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #456
Pearl-ExPert

Hoping to hear from my doctor today about my blood work. They will probably come back normal and the doctor will probably think it's all in my head LOL.

I need to get into my craft room and make cards today. I never got around to it yesterday. My problem is I spend too much time on the computer then have to do chores and I never get any crafting done. I have to an early start then I am hooked and motivated.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #457
Die Cut Diva

Hi Barb!

Everything went well with the Dr's appointment. We saw the heartbeat, and there was only one that we could see! There's a chance that there might be another one hiding in there, but I am thrilled! I go back the 28th to check again. My Dr is really nice, letting me decide when I want to come back in, to ease my mind about this pregnancy.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #458
Pearl-ExPert

Glad to hear everything went well with the doctor's appointment, Kelly.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #459
Pearl-ExPert

Ladies,
I've just found this thread and was wondering if you're OK with newbies joining???

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)

Last edited by Siberian Stamper; 02-19-2011 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: spelling...
Old 02-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #460
Gallery Gazer

morning ladies... my internet was down almost all day yesterday.

siberian stamper i'll send you a pm
Old 02-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #461
Kookie Creator

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. My 12 year old son had his first show choir performance Friday night. They did great, I was so proud of them. Yesterday was spent at my mom's with my granddaughter. Today is MINE. I get to do whatever I want. I plan on getting a few cards made. Hoping to get March pen pal cards made up & maybe a few birthday cards for my stash. Always seem to run short of those. Hope all is well with everyone!

My Little Gallery
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #462
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning.... just checking in to say hello. Nothing much happening here on the west coast. I did manage to get some birthday cards made on Friday. I have plenty of things I need to make for March. DH will be watching the NASCAR race so I should have plenty of time.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #463
Insane Embellisher

Hi - Just got home from my sisters. We had a busy weekend getting frieght unloaded and put away since her husband can't do anything yet. We got alot done so she'll be ready for the next delivery next week. Got to see my daughter, granddaughters and great granddaughter, too! Nice. Have a good Monday everyone.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #464
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
Hi - Just got home from my sisters. We had a busy weekend getting frieght unloaded and put away since her husband can't do anything yet. We got alot done so she'll be ready for the next delivery next week. Got to see my daughter, granddaughters and great granddaughter, too! Nice. Have a good Monday everyone.
how's your bil doing barb? Thank you for the cute card. It came on friday. I love that little bee.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #465
Gallery Gazer

NEED YOUR INPUT

Ok ladies. I'm thinking of expanding our little group to 8 people. I promise to stop at that. As I have stated from the beginning I have always wanted to keep the group small so its easier to get to know each other and it keeps sending the cards managable.

So if I expand the group to 8 I was thinking of maybe loosening the guidelines a bit.

First I am still adament about if you receive a card from someone you need to send them one back because I don't want anyone to feel left out

However right now I have it where you have to respond that month...I get a card from Sarah in Feb then I have to send Sarah a card in Feb... I know 8 cards in a month is overwhelming for some and especially if you have family things going on.

What if I made it you respond when you can? BUT if I do it that way I need to have a out... like if no one hears from you in say 4 months then I'm assuming you have left the group and I will contact you.

So PLEASE give me your thoughts. I WOULD LIKE INPUT FROM EVERYONE.
Right now our group is Me, June, Kelly, Sarah, Barb, Amalia. I've pm'd Siberian Stamper to see what she wants to do.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #466
Die Cut Diva

Morning ladies! We had a wonderful weekend, gorgeous weather yesterday, and back to nasty cold today. At least we are having a few days to warm up, Spring is definitely on its way! I am getting Spring fever for sure, I went through my gardening book yesterday and I swear I have about $100 in plants I want to get. I will probably wait and use my birthday money towards that... I have a part sun section that I have let go the past few years and I want to redo it. Right now it mostly has daylilies and blackberrry lilies in it and I will have to plan out a design, but I hope DH goes for it. I am also looking at getting two new Hydrangeas... I have a spot for one, but need to clean out another bed for the second bush. Those I will probably buy locally though, I can get a much bigger plant for around the same cost (when you include shipping).

Old 02-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #467
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19 View Post
Morning ladies! We had a wonderful weekend, gorgeous weather yesterday, and back to nasty cold today. At least we are having a few days to warm up, Spring is definitely on its way! I am getting Spring fever for sure, I went through my gardening book yesterday and I swear I have about $100 in plants I want to get. I will probably wait and use my birthday money towards that... I have a part sun section that I have let go the past few years and I want to redo it. Right now it mostly has daylilies and blackberrry lilies in it and I will have to plan out a design, but I hope DH goes for it. I am also looking at getting two new Hydrangeas... I have a spot for one, but need to clean out another bed for the second bush. Those I will probably buy locally though, I can get a much bigger plant for around the same cost (when you include shipping).
I'm getting spring fever too Kelly. We had that small taste of spring weather and now I'm hooked but we are getting 2-4 inches of snow tonight. Do you believe it!!!! UGH!!! I'm hoping we can plant a weeping cherry tree this year. We were supposed to last year and never got around to getting one. I think those are so pretty.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #468
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
NEED YOUR INPUT

Ok ladies. I'm thinking of expanding our little group to 8 people. I promise to stop at that. As I have stated from the beginning I have always wanted to keep the group small so its easier to get to know each other and it keeps sending the cards managable.

So if I expand the group to 8 I was thinking of maybe loosening the guidelines a bit.

First I am still adament about if you receive a card from someone you need to send them one back because I don't want anyone to feel left out

However right now I have it where you have to respond that month...I get a card from Sarah in Feb then I have to send Sarah a card in Feb... I know 8 cards in a month is overwhelming for some and especially if you have family things going on.

What if I made it you respond when you can? BUT if I do it that way I need to have a out... like if no one hears from you in say 4 months then I'm assuming you have left the group and I will contact you.

So PLEASE give me your thoughts. I WOULD LIKE INPUT FROM EVERYONE.
Right now our group is Me, June, Kelly, Sarah, Barb, Amalia. I've pm'd Siberian Stamper to see what she wants to do.
I think I am OK with 8 as long as we have more than a month to send out the cards. I will try to get all the cards out within a month, but sometimes life just gets busy! I still have to get out my Feb cards, I am working on them, I promise!

Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #469
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I'm getting spring fever too Kelly. We had that small taste of spring weather and now I'm hooked but we are getting 2-4 inches of snow tonight. Do you believe it!!!! UGH!!! I'm hoping we can plant a weeping cherry tree this year. We were supposed to last year and never got around to getting one. I think those are so pretty.
Those are gorgeous! I wanted one for our backyard this past Fall, but the tree guy said they needed almost full sun, and our backyard is very shady. So we got talked into a Japanese Maple... well, I talked DH into one I should say. Had one there before and LOVED it, a late frost killed it a few years back. I am really keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this one comes back this year! If it dies I will have to look into a dogwood or something else. I am actually looking forward to working on my backyard garden with the boys outside this year. They were not walking last Spring, so I couldn't get out with them. This year though!! We will have the sandbox up and going too! I am so excited!

Old 02-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #470
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I think I am OK with 8 as long as we have more than a month to send out the cards. I will try to get all the cards out within a month, but sometimes life just gets busy! I still have to get out my Feb cards, I am working on them, I promise!
I know what you mean Kelly and you have your hands full I'm sure that's why I wanted to extend the time frame but try to keep it reasonable at the same time.

Do you think maybe 3 months is a better time frame than giving the person 4 months to respond?

You can respond faster than that of course. You can send a card every month if you'd like I'm just trying to keep it easy for everyone if that makes sense
Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 AM   #471
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Those are gorgeous! I wanted one for our backyard this past Fall, but the tree guy said they needed almost full sun, and our backyard is very shady. So we got talked into a Japanese Maple... well, I talked DH into one I should say. Had one there before and LOVED it, a late frost killed it a few years back. I am really keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this one comes back this year! If it dies I will have to look into a dogwood or something else. I am actually looking forward to working on my backyard garden with the boys outside this year. They were not walking last Spring, so I couldn't get out with them. This year though!! We will have the sandbox up and going too! I am so excited!
Oh they'll have a ball. I remember Jason digging in the dirt where we had the pine tree removed. It entertained him for a long time.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #472
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I know what you mean Kelly and you have your hands full I'm sure that's why I wanted to extend the time frame but try to keep it reasonable at the same time.

Do you think maybe 3 months is a better time frame than giving the person 4 months to respond?

You can respond faster than that of course. You can send a card every month if you'd like I'm just trying to keep it easy for everyone if that makes sense
I feel 3 months is a better time line than 4 months. What I personally need to do is respond shortly after someone sends me a card/letter so that I don't fall too behind (NOTE: this is just what "I" need to do because with my short memory I can easily forget it's my turn). Carrie, I am okay with up to 8 people.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #473
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I feel 3 months is a better time line than 4 months. What I personally need to do is respond shortly after someone sends me a card/letter so that I don't fall too behind (NOTE: this is just what "I" need to do because with my short memory I can easily forget it's my turn). Carrie, I am okay with up to 8 people.
Thanks June.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #474
Gallery Gazer

I'm hoping Sarah, Barb and Amalia weigh in too before I make any decisions and post new guidelines. I'm shutting down the pc so I'll try to check in later from the mobile. Have a great day... I'm off to play Harry Potter with DS. lol
Old 02-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #475
Kookie Creator

Good morning ladies! I'm fine with more people & the 3 month time frame. I was so happy I got to work on cards yesterday! I think I got about 10 made up!
Kelly, we just moved this past summer & the new house has no landscaping whatsoever. I'm excited to start with a blank canvas but nervous too.
What gardening book do you use? Well, off to the shower so I can get this day started. Have a great day everyone!

My Little Gallery
Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #476
Gallery Gazer

anna siberian stamper is joining. i'll send the whole list of addys in a couple days. i wanted to wait to see what barb and amalia have to say
Old 02-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #477
Insane Embellisher

Hi - I'm also good with the 3 months and more people.

Carrie, my BIL is doing so well. He had a check up today and all is going as planned. Still can only lift 5 lbs and has to ride in the back seat of the car (to avoid any airbag situations), but overall healing well. So glad you liked the little card. Hopefully, the other girls have received theirs, too, or will soon.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #478
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the cute bee card, Barb.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #479
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Thanks for the cute bee card, Barb.
You are so welcome.

Well, seems the snow is coming as predicted. Starts Wednesday noon time and continues into Friday. Glad I didn't plant any flowers yet. My spring rhodies are blooming -- poor things will be frozen by Friday. Oh well, I should have lots of stamping time!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #480
Gallery Gazer

well 6 inches of snow this morning and below freezing conditions so add some ice to that equals school being cancelled and me stuck at home today. i'm sick of winter