Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #321
Die Cut Diva

Merci Ms. Laderoute
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #322
Glitter Guru

Deb, have a good trip, eh

I wonder how Ruth is doing over the pond?

Conni, have a look on my blog, I've been making a ton of paper things, plus (not on my blog) I have a few knit and crochet things.
I'm going to take a photo of my table tomorrow so will post on my blog when the weekend is over

Did some quiet time remembering this morning. I'm so grateful for all those who stood for our country and those who are still doing so today. I can't thank them enough for all they have done and are doing to make the world a better place.

I listened to that video a few times since you put it on facebook Robin, it's beautiful. I have put that cd on my Christmas list

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend
Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #323
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameldiva View Post
Loretta, condolences on the death of your aunt.
As for my schtuff, just hang on to it. By the time you mail it, it will cost waay too much. I will collect them from you sometime in December- I am planning to be up in Rocky for a couple of days.I could swing a detour by your place, I think.

Conni, must be nice to have all that space to spread out with crafting. Enjoy it whilst you can.
This might be my opportunity to see the quilt shop in Rocky.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #324
Die Cut Diva

Nancy, your things are so pretty! I especially love the dragonflies.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #325
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone. Thank you for the birthday wishes!
Connie, so glad you have found us again! Just checked out your blog, and my have your kids grown!
Nancy, I love to read your blog. You do beautiful work!
Deb, safe travels!!
Ruth, I sure hope you pick up!! I have gotten my blue light out again, slows the blues down here pretty good! I use it every morning for 15 minutes, and I sleep better at night, too!
Catching up on some sewing here. We seem to be having a lazy day around here. It sure feels good!
Lorretta, so sorry about your aunt. I lost one of mine in Sept, and it is never easy!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #326
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked View Post
Merci Ms. Laderoute
Enjoy your trip!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #327
Mad Swapper

Loretta, shopping in Rocky for you or me? I've made pit stops twice in the past two visits so I would like to not go there (although I would accompany you if you do).

Wow, Robin... sick dogs get chicken soup too? Lucky dog! I am sorry he is sick. Parvo is making the rounds here in Calgary. Please make sure the puppy stays well.

Ruth, so sorry about the S%#w. Am waiting for the snow to hit Calgary too- apparently sometime tonight. Winter is inevitable here, I guess. I have had to hook up my bright lamp too. It comes on at about 6am and brightens up the room to simulate sunrise and I find it really really helps in autumn and winter. I also have a daylight lamp where my computer is and that is my reason for spending so much time on the computer
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #328
Die Cut Diva

Diane, I meant WE could go visit the quilt shop!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:43 AM   #329
Glitter Guru

Deb, do you need to know more than Bonjour and Vino?? I would say those are the most important.

Denise, yes the kids are sure growing, my DD has her learners license, and my middle son, learned to swath and bale this last harvest season. My baby turned 9 last week, they grow up too fast

Nancy, I will check out your blog today

I think I got a touch of the stomach flu that my hubby had 2 weeks ago, so probably hang close to my bed today. Seem to be having weird water issues, I do believe every year when hubby goes hunting something happens.

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #330
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the lovely compliments about my blog Ladies My craft fair went very well. Most of the cards that sold were 5 and 6 dollars, and the books were 10 to 18 dollars, people loved the idea of the post-it cards-8 dollars. Recieved many lovely comments on my stuff--really fed the ego

But leaving the hall, packing boxes, on Sunday, I fell--out the door. Really bruised up my body and still am not 'back to normal'---if I ever am but getting better each day. The only problem is, I have another sale this weekend and do not feel like making anything! I only have one table at this one, so have enough to put on it.

Conni, my baby turns 34 tomorrow! Then next week the middle son turns 40 and in December, my DD turns 42!! OMG, I was just that age the other day, lol.

40 more days till Christmas......
Old 11-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #331
Glitter Guru

Oh Nancy, I hope you are on the mend! Falling is never good! Glad you did well with your craft table though!

I got to my dungeon today, and made some Christmas cards, going to go back down there right away, all the boys in the house are watching Storage Wars, NOT my thing!

C

My Creative Side

Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #332
Die Cut Diva

Oh dear, I hope you are on the mend!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #333
Die Cut Diva

Nancy - hope you are feeling better. Did you have to check in with the Dr?

I have been cleaning my craft room, trying to sort it between the quilting part of the room and the paper part of the room, with a no ladies land in-between for cross stitch and wrapping paper. Now I just need to pick a project andget busy.

Ruth - if you are around, pop in and say hello.

I have another free weekend. I have to do some cooking for Rick so there will be a kitchen marathon on Saturday, with some crafting on Sunday. I hope it is a good weekend.

Well, better settle in for the night and get some rest. I have been all screwed up since the time change.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #334
Mad Swapper

Nancy, please look after yourself. I feel for you more than you know.
And please stay warm. I imagine you got the snow that is hitting Edmonton and north.

I have been trying to get motivated to make some Christmas cards.And am stuck with a quilt I am working on. Got a pack of fat quarters and I have cut up and sewed the blocks together except I am not liking all that pink in the blocks and and am contemplating a change to the pattern.

Yeah, Ruth, come back and visit us. We miss you.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #335
Glitter Guru

Thanks Ladies I'm getting better every day. I didn't go to the Dr. but he would have just said rest, nothing broken. Didn't hit my head. Just shakes you up.

Yes, we have snow, and it is still filtering down. But there is only about two inches on my railing (my measuring tool). Need someone to help get my tree out from under the trailer before it gets deep. I need a 'running list' for my kids when they come to visit---things that need done before their next visit

Yesterday, I made 8 Christmas cards (all the same), following a card sample in the SU catalogue. The SU white is such beautiful paper to touch, but it doesn't work well for colouring with copics. I only did a bit of colouring and used two colours, I think any more than that would have started separating the paper---when blending that is. I Do have the right paper but thought I'd try SU.

Have a great day and stay safe and warm
Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 AM   #336
Die Cut Diva

I am still staring at my stuff trying to figure out what to tackle. Maybe I should look at my project boxes and just start finishing them off. I have nothing calling to me, though I am kind of excited that I have some X-stitch Christmas ornaments kits coming......and a box of gold needles.

The dog is back to his hopelessly happy self. What other creature jumps up and down just because a door gets opened? You just have to be happy around them. Right now he is staring at the bedroom door because he knows Rick is in there, and he wants him to come out and play.

Better go to work, have a great day
Old 11-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #337
Mad Swapper

Robin, dogs are so adorable, aren't they?
I've only been trying to psych myself up to get one for years.

Nancy, what is the difference (in terms of looks) using copics and gamsol +prismacolours. I have the gamsol and prismacolours. Copics, I refuse to look at until I can be convinced.

Last edited by Cameldiva; 11-19-2011 at 05:11 AM..
Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #338
Glitter Guru

I got a good phone call today. I started selling scentsy about a month ago, and our town is hosting a trade fair to raise money for a new pool. I tried to sign up for the trade fair, but was told someone from out of town already had. The last few days have been ugly, weather wise, lots of snow and blowing, blizzard like. So the out of town lady called and backed out, and they called me this afternoon to see if I wanted her spot. I jumped on it of course!!

I am now cleaning up all of my warmers, and getting samples ready to go, I won't have much product to sell, because I was unaware and didn't stock up.

I hope it goes well.

My Creative Side

Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #339
Glitter Guru

Good Monday Morning I had another sale yesterday and it went very well. I'm not booked in any more, but you never know.

Good for you Conni should be fun!

Diane I'm not so sure about the prisma colours, been a long time since I used them. However, you can get wonderful results using a water brush and distress ink pads--I personally think it is equal to copics. You have to use water colour paper---but, maybe I should try dry colouring with the distress ink pads .
It's very time consuming, alcohol inks dry fast, you can get refills, the blending is fun, you have to have 'special' paper, you always think you need more colours.....
On that note, if you don't use your prisma colours a lot, don't bother. Colouring is colouring! Wait till Summer, I'll bring mine out and we can play

Digi images, now that is a different matter, I'm totally hooked! There are a few sites that give away free images, but I'm hooked on (presently) Crafts and Me, a UK outlet.

I better get busy, after two weekends of sales, my scrap room is a disaster!

Hope you are all keeping warm
Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #340
Glitter Guru

I forgot to say something....Diane get a dog, they are so much fun and the best companion ever! Watch Pick a Puppy on tv, gives you a good idea of how to go about it.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #341
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies - can you believe it is going to be +7 this week around here? Last Sunday it was -30. Go figure.

Not much new here. I started on a baby quilt as there are 2 babies coming before March, and I have finished a scrappbook layout and I have received some christmas ornament cross stitch kits, so I have been prepping them.

Rick is away hunting and has Gomer with him. I now realize it isn't him that is waking me up at 4AM, I am doing it for myself.

Connie - how did you do at the show?
Nanel - do you have many more craft fairs before Christmas?
Diane - you know I am voting for the dog, or an affectionate cat. It is nice to come home to company after the end of the day.

Enjoy your day ladies - I'm off to have breakfast.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #342
Glitter Guru

Robin I am glad it is going to be that warm in your province this weekend, I am heading that direction

The sale went better than I though it would, now I get to pick some new warmers for my house, I sold my other ones!!

I also found out about another sale int he next town on the 10th of December, so I signed up for that one too!

I am off to Calgary tomorrow for a 4 day weekend, to get my Christmas shopping done, taking my daughter and her bestie with me, so should be a good time. Planning on going to Scrapbookers Paradise, never been there before!

I ordered some of those Calendar/notepad tins from Sunny Stampin and got them yesterday, they are so easy to make, and in no time at all I had all 5 made last night. Now just have to get my perpetual birthday books made, and my small gifts will be all finished. Then on to my own Christmas cards

My Creative Side

Old 11-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #343
Mad Swapper

Oooh, Connie, which Scrapbookers Paradise? I live close to the one in the south. Enjoy your shopping trip.

Robin, I was away for the past two days for work. It is one of the reasons why I worry about doggies since they do need to be let out and fed, unlike a cat.Still, you are right- company is nice at the end of the day.

So, I was hunting high and low for some bakers twine. Turns out a company in Sherwood Park sells them Divine twine. Very yummy colours. They also sell paper party straws- very retro and cool as well as other green products. I ordered some washi paper tape- I can't wait to use it. The company is called Greenmunch (Greenmunch: Eco-Friendly Products | Canada) and their price is very reasonable for divine twine. I got my friends to pick up the goodies for me and so I saved on shipping. I would recommend them- fantastic service too.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #344
Die Cut Diva

hi honies -- I'm home. We arrived at our house at midnight last night. And of course, we missed one entire night for sleeping -- and I was wide awake at 6 am. So up and at it early today. (well, up anyway)

We had a wonderful holiday. Loved Paris -- we toured and walked hours every day. Went for lunch at the Eiffel Tower; Louvre; Arc de Triomphe; Sacre Coeur; Notre Dame; Champs Elysee; Beauvais for the Massey factory.

Then onto Hildesheim, Germany -- my most favorite place in the world. The guys went to Agritechnica for 2 days -- I shopped for 2 days. Didn't buy as much as I expected but did really well anyway -- 2 pair shoes; 1 pair boots; jacket; 2 shirts; sweater; 3 scarves. I LOVE Hildesheim. It is so beautiful. We stay right at the Marketplatz - WOW!

Then onto Bavaria. Munich, Marktoberdorf, Neuschwanstein Castle, BMW World.

We ate 3 huge meals every day, walked tons, but I think I gained 7 pounds. So I'm right back on my program this morning -- I weigh in at 9 am. I'm tough on myself

Have read up on you all, but my brain doesn't remember what I read yet. Sounds like everyone is well. Nancy, I hope you are over your fall.

I need to get cracking on Christmas (thanks for the reminder on the # of days). I have a baby quilt to make for Pyper Rose - I haven't started my cards - but do have a good start on my shopping.

ttyl
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 11-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #345
Glitter Guru

Glad to hear you're back Deb sounds like such an exciting time and so many cool places to see! Paris sounds and looks so romantic, I would love to go there. I've heard really good things about various places in Germany too, most people love it.
I did get over my fall, but it took almost a week, so silly.

I need to win a lottery, I love shopping too My goal to complete by this weekend is to figure out the four birthdays for next month and get them ready to go!

I have my two candles half done, I have 10 Christmas cards to make--both ordered from one of my sales.

I can hardly wait to start DECORATING I'm making myself wait till the 1st of Dec. I'm lying, I have made a couple of those big snowflakes---does anyone remember making those at our get-together in Edmonton a few years ago? I ended up stapling parts of the little boogers, I think being close to the ceiling is warmer so the glue dots didn't hold very well.

On with my day here, have a good one ladies
Old 11-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #346
Mad Swapper

Nancy, I have been meaning to ask you this.... what is the difference between using the gamsol technique and coloured pencils and copics markers. Do you get the same effect?

Denise! My heart goes out to you and your friend's family. I hope they sort out what happened. Absolutely heartbreaking.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #347
Glitter Guru

Hi D check back to post #339. I think it depends on which way you, personally like to colour. They all have a nice effect. I had a hard time getting used to the gamsol and pencils, other people like it. They all take practice. I like using just pens although I never really used my SU! pens that much. I love water colour pencils too even using them dry--so easy to blend, like most pencils. I have a one set of copics and about a dozen extra and I will NOT buy anymore! You can get awesome results without buying the one million shades most people think they NEED them.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #348
Mad Swapper

Oh, Nancy. I missed your post completely. I am so out of it. Happy weekend, everyone.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #349
Die Cut Diva

Good morning everyone. The sun is just starting to make the day bright, and it is a balmy 7 outside.

Time to get serious about Christmas, but each year I am less and less interested in it. Why is that do you think? Anyway, I have my Christmas cards built, so they should go in the mail this week. I have my gifts for work done, so that is ok, I have one gift draw that I just need to order, and then I need to arrange for my own small family. The tree needs to be brought in so I can decorate, and Rick has the lights changed on the front of the house, so I just need to put out the bows and bells. There are still cookies to bake for the office cookie exchange, but that is a couple of weekends away. Lots to do when you just wish it would go away. Ok, that's my bah humbug....I will turn a new leaf and get with the program.

Deb - good to see you back again....can we arrange a play date so I can see the goodies from SLC and your pics from Europe?

Rick's shift is changing so he will be home for greater lengths of time, and if he changes shifts with others, can great longer breaks. I am hoping it will be better. We will have to wait and see.

Good to see everyone is doing well. Diane - with your work life, it is understandable that you wouldn't want to make the committment. I would find it hard to be away that frequently and arrange care for Brody. Connie - Scrapbookers Paradise is a dangerous place to go to. Good luck! Nancy - have you started to get the house ready for Christmas?

DH has just gotten up and there are cinnamon buns just out of the oven...better go have breakfast.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #350
Glitter Guru

I am home!!

had a great weekend, got lots of Christmas shopping done, we don't have so many stores that you do! Bath & Body Works,, The Lego Store, Victorias Secret, Hollister, Pink, Aeroplostle, Abercrombie, Lammlees....

I am sure glad I left when I did though, sure got nasty windy there! Hope you all were safe and warm.

My Creative Side

Old 11-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #351
Mad Swapper

Robin, wait till the grandkiddies show up. Truly, I tell you, Christmas is for kids. To see their excitement and eyes light up is awesome.

Sounds like you were in the south, Connie. Hope you enjoyed your trip.
Yes, the wind was nasty- it ripped off my sisters skylight and smashed it into the neighbours house. It was too windy for them to scale the roof to put up a tarp but it also started snowing. Luckily they had a friend who was a reincarnated mountain goat, who managed to climb up and nail down some tarp for them.

My coworker saw the same thing in his side of the city and they managed to save the skylight and the firemen were kind enough to nail it back down.

I was just grateful the neighbour's spruces didn't decide to fall down. There are two in the back and one in the front.It is times like this I give praise for deep roots.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #352
Glitter Guru

Tis the season everyone gets busy I agree with Diane, wait till the Grandkids come along. I had so much fun shopping the other day!
I have to do some baking yet and a few more gifts. My cards go out on Monday, still a couple more to make.

I am putting packages together this year, for my big kids, with food items. Like for the girls, I got a lovely mug and an assortment of teas from our tea shop and some goodies to munch on, plus, a piece of jewelry--a necklace that holds some sand I got in Scotland. I hope that doesn't sound too lame about the sand, but they will really love it And along with that they get their 'together' gift to share with their mate.

I'm trying to get back to posting things on Splitcoast. I figure if I join the challenges, I might get more done and hopefully gain some knowledge of different ideas! So I just started yesterday, I'll try to keep it up each day of the week! That almost sounds like a resolution :P

Ok, gotta go, hope you are all well and enjoying the prep for Christmas
Old 12-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #353
Glitter Guru

Nancy, that sounds great, a real neat keepsake!

I finished most of my gift packs, doing the finishing touches on my scarves today. Still have a few cup cozies to knit, but that doesn take long, I can make a few while I watch tv at night.

Cold here again, -17 and falling.

Hope you are are all staying warm

My Creative Side

Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #354
Die Cut Diva

Hi gals. Pretty quiet on here lately. I guess we are all just busy, or maybe just don't have a lot to say. hmmm

Dana came out today and we spent the entire day making a scrapbook for her significant other for Christmas. We finished 16 pages and so just have 4 more to go. They turned out very good, and I know he'll be happy. It was from their trip to Arizona in October to visit me.

Almost done my Christmas shopping. Need one more trip to Red Deer. My new car has been recalled so it has an appointment tomorrow morning, so I'll hopefully finish up then.

I need to go to the clinic tomorrow and have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor put on. My doctor took me off one of my bp meds, and is now monitoring to see if he can take me off the other one. I've been getting dizzy and light-headed and found out that my bp is really low (107/5. Weight loss is what I've needed (down 44 pounds). I'm feeling really good.

Carole messaged me today and is mailing her cards for our swap this week. So then I just need to get hers and Ruth's and then I'll get them mailed out. We leave for Arizona on January 8th, so hopefully they will be in the mail by then.

Hope you are all well and just busy.
My Gallery
Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #355
Mad Swapper

What good news, Deb. Amazing. Hope your doc gives you the go ahead to drop the meds. Awesome weight loss too- what a great present to yourself.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #356
Glitter Guru

getting off of meds is always a good thing!! and so is weight loss, good for you!!

-20 here yesterday, 0 today, go figure, only in Saskatchewan

Posted family pics on my blog if anyone wants to take a look

My Creative Side

Old 12-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #357
Die Cut Diva

nice family pictures Conni. Is that a Lexion? Looks like one. If so, we toured the factory in Harsewinkel, Germany two years ago.
My Gallery
Old 12-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #358
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked View Post
nice family pictures Conni. Is that a Lexion? Looks like one. If so, we toured the factory in Harsewinkel, Germany two years ago.
It is a Lexion, my Father in law and sister in law went about 2 years ago as well, in Feb, maybe you were on the same tour??

My Creative Side

Old 12-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #359
Die Cut Diva

no it wasn't Conni. My husband and I take a group of 30 of our customers to Agritechnica every 2 years in Hannover, Germany. We just got back on the 23rd of November (that was the 6th trip I organized for our customers), but 2 years ago when we went we toured Claas.
My Gallery
Old 12-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #360
Glitter Guru

yeah they went with our dealership here in Regina, about 2 years ago, in Feb. I am hoping to get in on the next trip with my son

My Creative Side