Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #241
Die Cut Diva

I received a wonderful wee package in the mail today. Thanks Diane. They are beautiful. My swaps are all finished except for the 3x3. That is a size that I too do not use, so have a hard time deciding what to do with it.

I'm glad Michael is okay Robin. He is very lucky. Scares me to think of hitting an animal that large.

I love Banff and don't go there near often enough. I should just plan a girls weekend to go, as my husband just never takes a weekend off. ;( I keep telling myself that it's okay, but I do sometimes wish that he thought of himself for a change and not always the business or customer. Rant over!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #242
Mad Swapper

Yaay. They made it in relatively good time. I dropped them off last Thursday.

Robin, I have not bought fabric from Stampin' Up! Yet. Have you? Some of their fabric is pretty- I can think of the retro christmas line last year.. But it's hard to buy small bits like that since they aren't enough to do lots. I tend not to buy single fat quarters. I am more of a I must get at least half a yard or else.... but I have been good and staying away from the stores. Except I might put in an order to the Fat Quarter Store for a lovely line of fabric called Going Coastal- it has crabs on it!

Enjoy Banff, Denise. Fall in the mountains are lovely with the tamaracks turning.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #243
Mad Swapper

It's me again. I got a lovely postcard from Nancy. She seems to be enjoying her trip- even had some haggis. I remember chatting with her before she went and I teased her about it, and she was not going to have any.. ... but we did chat and I told her was was really inside the haggis and she changed her mind a bit. I am gald she tried it, though. It's one of those things that tastes waaay better than it sounds.

Robin- Loretta was telling me that Prairie Points in Ponoka will be having a talk on rulers, bags and other things on Oct 15... and I told her that she ought to speak to you.... as i apparently cannot commit to it
Old 09-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #244
Die Cut Diva

Hi everyone! If there are any quilters here, Prairie Points (new shop in Ponoka) is having Cathy McClean come to do a series of talks on October 15. The one at 10 is on rulers, 1pm is bags and quilt blocks using Nancy Zeiman's templates and 3pm is notion commotion. It's $5 per talk or $10 for the day. With the full day you also get a $10 coupon to be used that day. It sounds like it will be interesting and the quiltshop is well stocked...
Old 09-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #245
Die Cut Diva

I may have to check this out. I haven't quilted in a long time, but am thinking I need to take it up again just to use up some of my stash. I think I purchased fabric to make about 8 quilts that hasn't been touched.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 09-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #246
Glitter Guru

Good Morning Everyone I'm back from my holiday in Scotland. It was truly wonderful! The weather was great, but yes there was some rain, however, most days were just sunny with a few clouds. It was so good to sleep in my own bed, with my own pillow the dogs were sooooo excited to see me and the cats were very chummy, so I think I was missed
I'll be posting some photos on my blog in a few days, so will let you know when that's done if you would like to see.
I DID love the haggis! Can't believe it. You just have to put it out of your mind how it is made and of course, it was better in some places than in others.
It was very nice having all the meals prepared for us---going to miss having that, lol.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #247
Mad Swapper

Nancy, are you saying that you ate haggis at more than one place? lol

Glad that you are home, m'dear. Did you catch the travelling bug yet, then?

I am so glad for the weekend. It's going to be warm and sunny.I will try and spend time with my parents.

Happy weekend, all!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #248
Glitter Guru

Yes Diane, I had haggis four times---first was the best but the rest were good too, lol.
Hey D, did you notice the post mark on the card? Have a good weekend off
Old 09-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #249
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Bethy - going to the new quilt shop is on my list of things to do and I hear good things about it. Now I am mad that I won't be able to go on the 15th. We are heading to Ontario to see Rick's mom that week, and won't be here. Oh well, soon I hope.

Nancy - it is good to see you back! And even better to hear you had a great time! Definately let us know when you have the pictures posted.

Deb - sometimes it just feels bad to look at the stash of unfinished projects, doesn't it? I have a bunch here and my goal is to finish what I have started, and I am content with that. Just think about who could stay warm under those quilts. Me, I have taken down the sewing machine for it's annual repair, and have gotten 3 scrapbook layouts done.

Rick is home from camping/hunting and even after a lengthy shower still stinks a very manly man smell. Boy I wish they would think it was ok to actually bath once during the week, though he did say he was getting a portable shower for next year, so maybe they stunk each other out. No success on the hunt but that just means more trips.

The kids are coming for supper tonight, and our niece is here for the weekend as she goes to school in Red Deer once a month. The house will be full.

TTYS
Old 09-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #250
Glitter Guru

Good Morning I've been up early this morning so read the past two pages. Deb, that is one gorgeous baby girl!! Congrats to all

Ruth, you must be in the UK by now and enjoying your little one as well. Hope you are getting some nice weather....ours sucks. Had way nicer days over there! However, the leaves are turning and it gets pretty every day.

Denise, hope you are enjoying your time in Banff, I think it is just beautiful there. Such a great place for using the new camera.

Robin I like the idea of a quilted wall hanging. I am still trying to get one made using my stash of inchies and trying to figure out a booklet of the ATC's and all those 3x3's and all the other (really good) crap I seem to have collected I have too much stuff!

I must be over the travelling tiredness I feel like doing something productive, you all have inspired me with your quilting and swap talk, lol
Old 09-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #251
Die Cut Diva

Just have a second to pop in here and say "hi". I'm having a bunch for dinner and I need to get cracking - I can write my name on every surface in my house (yuck) so need to do a little dusting.

For those of you in our swap -- you all need to mail me one less than the number I told you. If you made 6 cards - keep one for yourself. I didn't say that when I gave the numbers. Diane - I will send one of each of your swaps back to you. Duh -- can you tell I've never hosted a swap before?
My Gallery
Old 09-26-2011, 05:33 AM   #252
Mad Swapper

No worries, Deb. I cannot remember if I sent you money or not for the returns. Hope your dinner went well.

Nancy, I looked at the postmark- Caithness... the scottish crystal place Hope you brought back something lovely for yourself.

I went for a thai massage on the weekend. I am so very sore but feel really stretched out from it. It is kinda like assisted yoga combined with massage. If anyone gets a chance, do try it. There is a place in Calgary offering it, called Baan Thai Massage.

Happy Monday, everyone.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #253
Pearl-ExPert

MMM Thai massage sounds great, Diane!

Cards are all done for the swap... made over 140 cards this weekend... Deb, are you going to RD anytime soon, and want to have coffee??

Banff was great. I really enjoyed having some time to myself. I got a table topper half made over the weekend as well, and cant wait to have him done. I am getting a cold though, so have been popping coldfx since last night. NOw to tidy the house and get the rest of the flood stuff finished! I have my mom coming to stay with the kids for a week, starting Oct 12, and want all this other crap done!!

Was at a retreat on the weekend and laughed so hard. It felt so good to be creative and have time with friends.

Glad all the travellers are doing well. Talk to you all soon!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #254
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies!

Got my computer back online again now! It totally shut down on me and had to get my SIL to take a look at it. I really need a new on. lol

Sounds like you have all been busy. Nancy, happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to Sccotland! Ages since I've been there. Loved Caithness glass, still have a couple of pieces from there.

Need to sit down and assemble my last cards to mswil tomorrow! Tehy won't take long to get there via airmail assuming I can find Deb's address somewhere on my computer!!

Take care and have a good week, everyone.

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #255
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to Carole4312 Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

Morning !

I am around, just mad mad busy ........ Deb your granddaughter is beyond beautiful ! What a great subject for an album ......... any chance of emailing me about 30 photos ???

Will hopefully catch up tomorrow night with you all - lots going on !

Miss you all millions !

Ruth - how long are you in the UK for ?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #256
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here till mid October, Carole. will give you a call at the weekend. Got a busy couple of days ahead with sorting out some designs for wedding invitartions with both my sister and my sister in law! DH should arrive early next week too!

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 09-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #257
Die Cut Diva

Good morning to all. Not much happening, though I do have to think about packing for our trip out to Ottawa valley soon. I'm trying to decide if I will take some stuff to scrapbook with my niece one day.

Have a great day!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #258
Pearl-ExPert

Busy, busy, busy ladies!! So nice to see!
Hope you all have a wonderful week! I have to head out to my parents soon, for a funeral unfortunately. I am looking forward to seeing them though. 2 weeks and I drive to Vancouver Island. Cant wait to be back there... I love the island!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:28 AM   #259
Die Cut Diva

good morning. Looks like it is going to be another beautiful fall day here. Not too much on my calendar for today. I'm going for my weigh-in this morning, then maybe have a golf game with Dana's BF if he has time this afternoon. It's getting quite hard to golf now with all the leaves on the ground.

Denise, I don't have much happening right now and if you want to meet up for a coffee, that would be great. Let me know what your schedule is.
My Gallery
Old 09-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #260
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Deb. I am in RD on Saturday for my camera class, and other appointments, but that might work, or Monday afternoon on the way out to the funeral, I could be in RD by 1:30 for a tea... which is better for you? Will inbox you my numbers!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #261
Glitter Guru

Good morning I can't believe it's almost October! It's looking really pretty here--I love Fall. Denise the drive to the Island should be gorgeous
Robin are you flying or driving to Ottawa? Scrappbooking things are so heavy, I packed all the heavy stuff in my carry-on and they didn't even bother to weigh it--thank God it had wheels, lol. Such a beautiful time for travelling.

I've been working on some more cards, I sit and look and sit and look, then turn the Christmas card into something entirely different! I'm excited about the Christmas sales coming up, hope to be in a couple of them.

I made some sour dough bread the other day, got the starter going with potatoes--tastes great! Now to get the apples into applesauce

I posted a ton of pics on my blog---did about 4 or 5 posts. Yes, Diane, I have a bit of a travel bug. I want to get up go somewhere but can't right now---but sure got that feeling, haha. Maybe it's just the beautiful weather we're having right now, I don't know....

Ruth, hope you are having a great time and some nice weather, enjoy!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #262
Die Cut Diva

Good Friday morning!

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend.

It is sad to see the daylight gone in the morning. Any thoughts I might have about morning walks are done for another 6 months.

Rick is home for the weekend, so it will be busy. I have to get meals cooked ahead for him and he needs to pack his bag.

Nancy - we will be flying out. We have driven a few times so now we prefer to fly and spend more time with his family.

Still waiting for my nutcracker dazzles to finish a scrapbook layout, and other than that, not much on the drawing board.

Enjoy your day!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #263
Die Cut Diva

Brrr, it's chilly this morning! Happy Friday everyone!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #264
Cardstock Collector

Hi. I just moved to Alberta this Summer.Hope to post on here a bit,been dabbling in scrapbooking since 2003,cards since last year.Always looking for ideas and new Friends.
I am a wife of 17 years,mom to 6(ages 28-13) and have a dog and 2 cats.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #265
Mad Swapper

Hello! Welcome to Alberta and also this thread. We've all "known" each other for ages and some of us have met in real life too. But we all started one way- by joining in to chat and that is how we've gotten to know each other.

I'll start- my name is Diane and I live in Calgary. No kids, no pets and I want to say no ties, but that's not true. I used to live in Edmonton a couple of years ago and so I still miss my friends there.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #266
Die Cut Diva

Hey, welcome to this thread, I'm in Alberta too! Nice to meet you!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #267
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies, It sometimes get scary how fast time flies. It is almost mid week and I feel like I am way behind on absolutely everything.

My order came in for some Nutcracker Dazzles that I wanted for a scrapbook layout. I was hoping to have it done this week, but I think it will wait. I also ordered a new paper cutter to replace my blue fiskars. This one is a tonic, with a wider bed, but it is the same weight pretty much. I have had about 3 of the fiskars in the last years, so it will be interesting to see if I can make the switch. Rick re-aligned the arm on my guillotine cutter, so I am all ready to cut lots of paper!

Anyone interested in going to a retreat at Gull Lake this March? Let me know and I can send you the details. It is a bit early for me to committ, but I would like to go.

Work demands have cut my vacation short. I was supposed to be putting my feet up starting tomorrow, but now I have to wait to Friday, and that's only because I have plane tickets. Better buy a lotto Max ticket so I can win and retire. LOL

Well ladies, enjoy the day. I know I will be taking in all the beautiful fall colors.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #268
Die Cut Diva

No retreat for this gal Robin. I'll be basking in the sun and floating in my pool with margarita in hand for the month of March.

Went to Edmonton for the day today. Had some permanent make-up done (eyebrows). I love the shape, color is really dark, but she assured me it will be 1/2 as dark in a week. I can't believe the difference it has made. Wow!

Finishing up with my baby birth announcements. Only 20 more to just assemble then they're done. Ended up doing 85 (all waterfall). They turned out so cute.
My Gallery
Old 10-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #269
Glitter Guru

Hi to kckids, welcome to Splitcoast and our thread here pop in whenever you can and if you have a blog, point us that direction too The only kids I have at home now are my two dogs and two cats. But I do have 5 Awesome Grandchildren! My kids are kind of spead out around B.C., so not too far to visit

Deb you are so brave, my cousin got hers done quite a few years ago and goes in every once in a while to touch them up, so they do fade bit. I've had my eyelashes tinted, but that's as far as I go with that

Robin, I love my guillotine from SU. The other day, I saw a video and the lady was using what looked like a clear ruler and it had a space for a cutter down it. Make sense? It had no back on it, so no measuring, just put over your paper and cut---I'm not that staight of a cutter I'm afraid, but it looked kind of handy!

Well, it's another nice day here, so I'm off outside to do some tidying up with the plants--we had a wee frost last night!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #270
Mad Swapper

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all. Can't wait for Friday to end so that the holiday can start.After a couple of days of cold rain, I am hoping the warmth will come back. Am off to Medicine Hat to visit my friend.

Robin, I am intrigued about the retreat. Travel may be iffy though, in March.Weatherwise, I mean. And also end of fiscal year too. You remember what that is like, working for the government :0
Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #271
Glitter Guru

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

It's a beautiful weekend, my kids are here and we've had two big dinners, another one tonight! Yikes! There goes the waistline again

Hope you all have a great weekend where ever it finds you
Old 10-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #272
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! Sounds like you are all doing well.

Happy Thanksgiving!
We celebrated with Kevins family last night. My niece is off at College, so it was smaller than usual.

We leave Wedensday morning for Vancouver Island. I am looking forward to it, but have so much to do before! House cleaning and box unloading is the job of the day!!

Deb, I havent mailed my cards yet... my brain seems to forget alot lately! I will pop them in on Tuesday!

I am so thankful for all of you. Happy day!
Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #273
Mad Swapper

Threads been really quiet lately... must be that the usual chatters are away- Ruth, Robin, Debbie... hollering at y'all! Hope you are having fun wherever you are.

Happy weekend to everyone. I am meeting Loretta in Ponoka ( yup, we're finally being commited there)... at the Quilt Store called Prairie Points... hope the drive is uneventful tomorrow morning.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #274
Die Cut Diva

I'm here. Hi all.

I don't leave until 6 am Monday morning and then will be gone until October 31st. So, if you were planning on mailing in your swaps, if you haven't done so yet, please wait until the end of October. You never know what our post office would do with bulkier mail (it might be 1/2 the size by the time I get home).
My Gallery
Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #275
Die Cut Diva

I haven't been to Prairie Points yet -- but I did pack up 3 totes of fabric and my old sewing machine and have them ready to pack into my car to take to the house in Arizona.
My Gallery
Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #276
Mad Swapper

Woo hoo, Deb. This means you will be getting back into quilting if you do indeed sew in Arizona. Prairie Points was a decent little shop with all kinds of goodies to be bought.

It was good to spend the day with Loretta.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #277
Die Cut Diva

Good Wednesday morning ladies!

I am back from my vacation, would you believe we arrived to +30 temps? The first day was a wonderful cruise down the river to see the fall colors. Absolutely amazing.

I am happy to be home though, and struggling to get caught up. We have a wedding in Regina this weekend, so back on a plane on Friday. Rick is staying with the dog, so atleast that is looked after. Then I am hoping to get my Ontario pictures scrapbooked before they sit on the shelf too long and I lose the story.

Take care ladies - see you tomorrow
Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #278
Glitter Guru

Good morning all I'm just back from Chetwynd. Followed the kids up when they went home. A wee skiff of snow in the Pass but only wet roads, +3. I'm thinking that will be my last trip for the winter. I had such a great time, went over to Grande Prairie for some shopping. Bought myself a few scrappy things and a beloved IPad. Love that little thing! Got Netflix too--finally

Sounds like everyone is out and about. Robin it sounds like perfect weather, how lucky Ruth must be really busy having fun with her Grandson. Maybe even making jewelry. Ruth, does your DD have a website for selling her stuff?

I would surely go away for longer if I didn't have the cats. The dogs travel with me when I take the car--they're good company and very well behaved everywhere we go.

Well Ladies, have a wonderful day whatever you are doing. It's a day of sorting and planning craft sale stuff for me--still
Old 10-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #279
Mad Swapper

Wow! Chetwynd is miles away from home. I've been as far west as Dawson Creek and of course, Grande Prairie was a hub for me when I was working in Edmonton. ooh, and you got an Ipad too. Sounds like fun, Nancy. are you watching your Netflix on your Ipad?

I really wish you lived closer, Nancy.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #280
Glitter Guru

I wish we lived closer too

Oh yes, I watch netflix on my IPad, and on the TV--hooked up with the wii.
FINALLY got wifi figured out--on my own too, lol. Apparently all I had to do was read the directions properly. Patience is something I really need to practice!

Anyone watching the X Factor? I watch Dancing with the Stars sometimes too.
I'm catching up with old episodes of Being Erica and recording the new season to watch soon as I'm caught up.
It's getting dark earlier and I don't craft so well at night, so, more TV.

I booked two craft sales (three days) in November and I'd like to do one in December. I've got quite a bit done and still working on projects--busy, busy