Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #201
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

I was looking at those cubes the other day. Not sure what I would use them for though. I know I have to re-do my room to make it more user friendly, but I just can't make myself put my inks and stamps into storage. I have all of the 48 original craft inks that should be put away, but then I also want to store their holder too, as I don't want to get rid of that. I might need to break down and get the handlyman in to build some stuff.

Good news is that I have my inchies finished, and my ATC's. I am trying to do a 'build on it' theme, where I started with one concept and I'm trying to bring a common element into the focal points of the rest. I'm on the 3x3 design, so let's see if I can carry it off. Hope people are in the mood for Christmas! I can tell you it certainly feels good to have a project on the table to create. Something that has been missing from my life for way to long. Thank you ladies for bringing it back to me!

I am off to do some end of the season shopping for our winter vacation. I am in the need of some light sleeveless shirts, so here's hoping I can still find some, then I am going to go for a walk and then it's back to my room. The Big B has had his breakfast and is back to napping. He let me sleep until after 8 - which was a treasure in itself.

Enjoy your days ladies, wherever you are.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #202
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked View Post
.....Tim Holtz paper pack -- the one for travel in tan colors. Oh my, it is gorgeous and right up my alley. (this is the lady speaking that swore off even looking at any more paper -- it was my friend's fault -- she doesn't scrap but she needed to look at some paper)

And no - I won't give into the urge to go look and see what it looks like....really I won't
Old 09-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

good morning, girls!

It's a gorgeous day out there but I know it's going to be too hot for me to be outside for too long! Such a shame but then I might just have to make some cards!!! Was in Michaels yesterday but resisted the temptation to look at paper but bought loads of beads instead for my DIL. It's her birthday soon and both she and her Mum make gorgeous jewellery especially coming up to this time of year. they usually do a few jewellery parties ready for Christmas. It's surprising how much money they make and they don't charge the earth like some 'artists' would.

I'm still working my way thru my scrap piles and it's all good as I have enough to make sets of cards all the same colours without cutting into new sheets! Not sure what the rest of the day may bring, hopefully a little respite to my allergies and a lot of productive art. lol

Enjoy the day and hope the baby makes an appearance soon, Deb.

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #204
Die Cut Diva

Good morning, hope everyone had a good day off yesterday, I sure did.

I would hate to see the size of your scrap pile Ruth! I have to keep mine organized or they just sit there and mock me, so I try to keep everything together with the full sheets and then it isn't so bad.

My 3x3 cards are done and I am onto my full cards. I think I have that design done, so tonight I can put them together, then I will be calling Deb for a lunch out to swap them.

Yesterday's shopping trip was a hit. Cotton T's for $5, flirty dresses for 50% off, new white sandals for cheap cheap.....so I was happy, especially about the dresses. This time I want to dress up a bit for supper, even if we only go to the beach cafe.

Then Mike and Laura came for supper with me, so we had an impromptu BBQ. It is nice to visit with those two as they begin to make their plans for the future.

Thinking of everyone - hope all is well.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #205
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, everyone. Weekend was lovely. Weather has been gorgeous and warm.

I had to visit Mike's on the weekend and bought an extender platform for my Big shot, only to find I already have it. Argh. What I needed were the extender clear plates. My Mike's has changed quite a bit and I managed to pick up a set of Nesties (labels with 50% off coupon- yaay.

I am done my cards- am working on the inchies and the ATCs. With any luck, I hope to be done this weekend.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

It's a beautiful start to the day again. It's going to be hot though!

Glad to hear the weekend was good for you especially for those that had an extra day off work!

Robin, my scrap piles are not actually 'piles', they are sorted into colour families and in those folders with lots of pockets! The folders make up the pile!! The DP scraps + WW and VV are sorted into 12x12 boxes now since they had them on special in Michaels lately rather than zippy bags so I don't actually have to trawl thru to find the colours I'm looking for! Won't tell you how many folders I have though!!

Diane you sound like me! Get something in Michaels and then get home to find you already have it!!! Still it's easy enough to exchange them, just a pain to have to go back!

Sounds like you lucked out with your shopping, Robin!! Good for you. Lovely when the kids and their significant others come by for a meal. Exciting that they have plans too. Family moments are the best.

Have a wonderful week, everyone and stay safe. Good luck with the kids going back to school, Denise and Carole! I'm wondering how my little DGS will have been today. Better call them up in a while.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #207
Die Cut Diva

hi friends. Not done my swaps yet, but maybe by the weekend, I have my two grandsons now for a few days.

I am the proud gramma of a new wee grand YES, YES "daughter" this morning at 12:48 am. She weighed 7 lb. 4 oz. and is named Pyper Rose. She is gorgeous and looks exactly like her big brother Lincoln. Lots of dark hair and dark eyes. Very delicate, fine featured. I am going to take her brothers into the hospital as soon as Lowen wakes so they can meet their new sister.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 09-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #208
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats, Deb! Happy she is safe and sound. Hope the boys love their new little sister as much ad gramma and grampa does.

I havn't been feeling so well- the nausea sent me home from work today. I thought I was over the kidney infection- perhaps not. The nausea has been great for losing weight, though. But I am thinking this is probably not the best way to do it, losing weight, that is. Was trying the Atkins thing but gave up two weeks ago.

If I'm feeling well enough, I might step out to return the extender to Mikes
Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #209
Stazon Splitcoast

Wonderful news, Deb, so gald all is well! How lovely to have a little granddaughter! She'll be spoilt rotten with all the attention she gets from everyone.

Sorry you're not well, Diane. Hope you feel better soon.

Need to go and get on with a few things which need sorting this week rather than next! Take care, ladies and have a good day.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #210
Die Cut Diva

A grandbabygirl! Oh what fun. All the pink and the ruffles and the bows. You are going to have so much fun. And she is going to be picked on by those big brothers, but I bet the love her already.

Diane - sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. That nausea thing has been around our office quite a bit. I haven't had it, but I wonder what kind of bug it is. Or is it the kidneys? Do you have to go back to the doctor?

Ruth - are you feeling the pinch to get work done before you leave?

I signed my life away today (or atleast the next few years). A promotion was given to me and I had to sign to accept the employees. It was tough putting down my jenny henrietta, as it means more to worry about. But alas, it is done.

Rick is working this weekend, and I have a quilt shop hop to go to. Then I got invited to a scrapping weekend next weekend. Lots of fun things to do.

It is nice and warm here, atleast it is cooling off at night.

Rick is on skype and I am ignoring him. Better go do some visitting.

Hugs
Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Robin, not too bothered if everything on my list gets done or not apart from my swaps, of course!! Let's get our priorities right!!! lol Seriously, I just had a couple of things that needed doing today. Done, so all is good.

Hope the promotion doesn't cause you too many headaches or sleepless nights. You're such a sensible level headed lady, it's no wonder they chose you. Some people can 'manage' and some can't. Congratulations on stepping up and signing your life away! Take care.

Need to email my SU order to my cousin, it's all wedding related for the 'kids' in the UK!! Nothing specifically for me!! Honest. Then I'm going to have an early night.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #212
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, the shop hop is this weekend? I wouldn't have been able to attend as I am heading up to Edmonton for a wedding of a dear friend. Congratulations on the promotion, Robin.

Well, I seem to have gotten my appetite back. I think. I havn't been able to get any tests done because, of you know, dear Auntie Flo ... hahahahaha

I was hoping I could meet up with Deb tomorrow to drop off the swaps but I am still lagging with the ATCs so maybe I can't.Besides, I am willing to bet that gramma is a little busy with the new one too.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #213
Die Cut Diva

I'll be at home all day Diane. I have the two little boys here and am not venturing anywhere. If you can stop by, please do so -- even if it is for a break in your drive.

Congrats Robin on your promotion. Always nice to be chosen for a higher position.

I've been asked to once again make our new baby's birth announcement. I have one designed that Chelsea loves, so have cut out 42 of them tonight. She'll want probably twice that many. I'm doing a waterfall and I love it. Maybe i'll do it for our card swap.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #214
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the visit Diane. Short is better than none at all.

So, first set of swaps now received from Diane. ATC's to follow.

I'm busy making my birth announcements. Am liking them.
My Gallery
Old 09-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #215
Stazon Splitcoast

Got to eat then it's off to make cards! Thankfully I can keep the place cool or I'd be lounging around rather than being productive.

Gor my replacement punches from my cousin today but they are the new style and I don't like them. Find the old style ones easier to use although obviously storage is better with the new ones. Now I have them I'll probably come across my 'misplaced' ones! It's too hot to be in the basement searching for the boxes the rest of my stuff is in.

Had a great lunch with my cousin, fresh caught salmon no less! Her DH has a week off and is spending sometime fishing with good results.

Can't wait till I leave for Montreal on Thursday, the only downside is the time I will have to leave home, early a.m. and will probably hit the morning rush unless I leave even earlier than I need to!!! Will be happy to see DH after all these weeks of just chatting on the phone.

Have a good weekend ladies.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #216
Die Cut Diva

Diane - I hope you can get in soon for tests, but it is a good sign if you have your appetite back. It's a start.

Deb - I am hopeful to have my swaps done today, and I'm looking forward to a lunch date. I need to quit focussing so much on work, and though hearing about babies may make me jealous, I am dying to hear what the boys think of their little sister.

Ruth - Did the air get fixed, or is it going to have to wait until your next trip back to BC? How come you don't like the new punches? I have to admit I have a few of them but haven't had a use for them yet.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. It was the annual Quilt Shop Hop. We went to 3 towns, had a meal at each, and had about 2 hours to shop. There were over 50 ladies on the bus. I did pretty good, just buying a couple of baby quilt kits that were different than anything I had seen before. They had a challenge where they gave us a fat eighth, and we had to find a piece of material at the other stores to complete a block. Then we return the block to the original store and enter it for a prize. The blocks will be put together into a quilt for a charity. I have 2 blocks to make, and I am going to use the same pattern, my favorite 12" block. There were ladies there buying enough material to make 6 quilts! I don't know what they plan to do with it all, but I am now curious to see their sewing rooms. It probably looks like my scrapbook stash, only fabric instead.

It was a nice trip, much easier than last year as it wasn't as long on the bus trips. Diane - remember getting lost out by Drayton Valley or Rocky or wherever? We weren't as tired when we got home this year.

Today Brody and I already had our walk and a play at the dog park. I am meeting the kids for Sushi in about an hour, and then I have to do some work to prepare for a meeting on Tuesday, another walk with Brody, and my day will be done. I am grateful that the weather is so gorgeous.

Geese have started to flock - they are beginning to migrate over the house every evening and morning as they come and go from the lake.

Take care ladies.....and I'm thinking of Nancy and Carole over across the pond.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #217
Stazon Splitcoast

Another gorgeous day here and I'm almost finished my swaps! Just those pesky little inchies to do!! I'm really pleased with my 3x3s haven't done any of those for ages. Totally changed what I was going to do for everything apart from the inchies but it was sorting thru DPs that started it all.

Air gets fixed this week before I leave, Robin but I've been ok in this heat as the suite has its own seperate a/c and MOST of my stamping stuff is in there right now! After using those new punches it wasn't as bad as I remembered when I tried them last (perhaps I just had a stiff one) before but I still prefer the old lever style and it's easier to see what punch is what. My eyes must be going too, those little icons on the edge of the punches when they are stacked are a bit small, even my demo says so and she's 30years younger than me!!

Sounds like you had a great trip yesterday too! What with cards, knitting and crochet, I'm itching to do even more crafts. Haven't got time to get the sewing machine out before I leave though. Have stacks of material in the basement which would make some gorgeous cushions and even some pretty curtains. Maybe even a quilt or two!!!!

Hopefully Nancy is having a good time but I've a feeling the weather is not too great. Just over a week and I'll be over the pond too. At least it'll be cooler when I get there!
Now off to get on with my creations.

Enjoy the rest of Sunday, girls.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #218
Pearl-ExPert

It was good to see Deb. Just back home from Edmonton. My friend's wedding was great. The weather was warm and sunny, a far contrast to today. what a difference a day makes.
Robin, I am jealous. Sounds like a good time. I had forgotten about getting lost on the way to Rocky. I see that Ponoka has a quilt store now. Which 3 towns did you hit this time, Robin?

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #219
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, are you all every busy! Its funny,but every time I sign on, its like coming home. I have missed this.
The kids are back at school. And so my life has wound up! LOL!!! Dealing with the financials of the High School band, and fixing prior screwups! Gotta love that!
Diane, I didnt find those punches, so sorry!
Deb, Congrats on the baby girl!! Yay!
Robin, Work drama and a quilt hop... so much excitement!
Ruth, you must leave soon?
Sure hope Nancy is having the best trip!
Carole, thanks for the update! So glad the SU is going well! And Aaron is 16... hard to believe! I hope your school year goes swimmingly!
Spending this week getting the house in order. Next week we go to Banff for 3 days, then I have a cardmaking retreat (where I plan to get the swap done). Seems like the nights are busiest for me, as I have to be chauffeur!!
Did I tell you I bought a new camera? I got myself a DSLR and I love it!! So next month I start a photography class, so I can learn to use it well! I can hardly wait!!
And there is a BIG birthday in this house next month! So I am planning a birthday party. My concern always is that no one will show!! LOL!!
Well, its now 4:13 am and I should try to sleep again. I hate waking from nasty dreams in the middle of the night!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #220
Die Cut Diva

Diane - we went to Linden, Olds and Airdrie. Linden and Olds were similar, the Airdrie shop was my least favorite as they have all the civil reproduction prints, but it is where I bought the baby quilts, so it was alll good.

Denise - Are you going up to Gull Lake? I am torn between going and staying home to get some peace and quiet. Right now the peace and quiet is winning out, but I do need to make a decision early this week.

Ruth - I might avoid getting bit by the quilting bug if you can. It is a nasty one! LOL

Deb - my swaps are done, so I will give you a call.

Better go get ready for the day. Enjoy!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #221
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies! It's kind of cold and wet here this morning. Diane told me about this thread, I hope it's okay if I pop on and say hi.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #222
Pearl-ExPert

Of course its ok! Welcome!!
And Robin, I am not going this weekend with Jen, althoug I really wanted to. But the following weekend, Teresa Henry is having a retreat. I always make my christmas cards there... wanna come? She has room I think!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #223
Die Cut Diva

Hi Loretta! Nice to hear from you.

I got a new DSLR too Denise. I was looking at some classes in Red Deer and I bet they were the same ones you're talking about. I really, really want to take some before we go to Paris/Germany. Where are your classes? I need to look into this as I had forgotten!

Robin - lunch, dinner real soon -- my schedule is really quite flexible. Just not next Saturday -- I'm in my first golf tournament of the season (and it's the Closing Stagette -- I am so disappointed that I haven't been able to golf). I have been informed that it is a knee replacement possibly that I need (insert tears here)

I haven't finished my swap cards as I'm busy making baby announcements! Have I told you all yet that she is absolutely GORGEOUS and the most wonderful baby in the world. In case I forgot to tell you, she is the most GORGEOUS and the most wonderful baby in the world. I kept the boys for a week and that did wear this Gramma out!... Love to see them come, and nice to see them leave too. But I'd take them again tonight if asked.

Took a new car for a test drive today. Didn't care for it. The salesman (my brother) is bringing one in from Red Deer tomorrow for me to try. I'm pretty sure that is the one that I'm going to be driving. I'm taking my car to Arizona and am leaving it down there.
My Gallery
Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #224
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone

Great to see you Loretta and you're welcome any time, it's not an exclusive thread!

Denise, I take it that it's the big 40 this year then?!!! How time flies when you're having fun and keeping busy. lol I leave for Montreal on Thursday then the UK a week from today.

Thanks for the advice, Robin, I'll bear it in mind when I get back and get my sewing machine out!!!

Thankfully it's cooling down a bit now but today was still on the warm side for me. Although I have to say my feeling so hot today may be that I have an ear infection. Drs for me in the morning! All I really need when I'm trying to remember all the crafty bits and bobs I need to pack in my suitcase. Got my first port of call organised for when I arrive in the UK. Going to stay with a cousin in Herfordshire but she's not letting on to her parents(88 & 90 respectively) until I arrive! Hope they don't have a heart attack, must be 10 years since I was there and her Mum had heart surgery just over 12 months ago!! On her head be it. lol

My swaps will be mailed on Wednesday, Deb. Need to get some envelopes to put them in, can't find what I did with all those I had + it's a while since I did any swaps anyway.

Of course, your little one is the most gorgeous and wonderful baby in the world! That's how grammas should feel about their childrens offspring. Wonderful.

Better go finish the rest of my other swaps 'cos I'll have more than enough to do cardwise when I'm away.

Sleep well and have a good week, everyone.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:19 AM   #225
Pearl-ExPert

Ruth, surprising relatives is so much fun. A few years ago, my parents flew to England for a retirement party,without the retiree knowing! It was a hoot!

Debbie, I am taking classes at Photek. They have flexible times, so I have signed up for the comprehensive class on Tuesday morning. I will miss the first class so am able to take it at one of the other times it is offered. It was $399.

I will spend the day doing my husbands books today, and dealing with Alberta Gaming as the last treasurer of the band, didnt file the casino papers! ***SOB*** I sure walked into someone elses mess this time! Oh well, will do what I can!

Enjoy the day ladies!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #226
Pearl-ExPert

Heya, Loretta. Glad to see you here finally.

I got a mailer from Lori's Country Cottage in Sherwood Park. They had their shop hop too, Robin. I've never been to Material Girls in Airdrie. Or Linden or Olds, come to think of it. But because I want to try and use up my stash, maybe I never will... hahaha

Am putting the finishing touches on my ATCs.
Will try and get them in the mail this week, Deb.

Have a great week, everyone.

Another cold and dreary day here. I just can't get over the change in weather. Saturday was hot and sunny.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #227
Die Cut Diva

G'day ladies.

Deb - I'll be calling you to see if we can do lunch next week, and I can give you my goodies.

I'm thinking at Ruth is already in Montreal, and I hope everyone is well.

We are in the midst of getting Rick ready for hunting. He leaves tomorrow and is humming and hawing about whether to take the dog with him. He has to leave him at camp alone for a few hours in the mornings and he is afraid a bear will come in and get him, but Brody knows something is up and won't leave him alone.

I am looking forward to a nice weekend to relax. I have one of my quilt blocks cut for the shop hop challenge, and want to have them both done by Monday.

Photo lessons - I took them once and never really remembered a thing - good luck ladies!

So today I did a very old lady kind of thing. I walked off with someone else's cart at the store. When I realized mine was gone (of course I first assumed that someone stole mine) and went looking for it, there was a nice fellow standing there leaning up against the cooler waiting for me.....and said how he figured he would wait for me as my purse was left in the cart as well. Yup - left mine and made off with his. Then to make matters worse, I kept running into him in the store AND he was parked right beside me in the lot. Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds. I was so embarrased.

So that's it my friends - I am officially old. LOL
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #228
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Friday afternoon everyone! I am indeed in Montreal where the temperature is just right for me!!! It's a nice day, cloudy in parts but with plenty of blue sky and sunny intervals. I was exhausted when I got here, only had about 2 hours sleep the night before I left 'cos I was so anxious I'd not get up in time to get to the airport. I asked Rex to call me and he did at a little earlier than the appointed hour and I was soooo asleep! Good thing he did call!! We had a really lovely meal together yesterday evening and shared a nice bottle of wine too. I just couldn't get out of bed this morning and when I did eventually come to enough to take a shower, I could barely move! Too much time spent sitting on the flight to Montreal. Got out and met Rex for lunch then wandered around the shopping mall I used to frequent when I vsited here before. Even found my way there on the Metro!!

Now it's the weekend so we get to spend some time together.

Deb, I have my cards with me as I didn't quite get one set done in time to mail but if I don't get them assembled here, I'll do it as soon as I am in the UK and you will get them before the end of the month!!

Robin, that is not an 'old' lady thing!!! It just means you have a lot on your mind and got somewhat distracted. Essily done when people leave their carts and you're busy making your choices! How funny that he was parked next to you though.

Not much else to report, DH is back from work and I think it is time for a G&T in the bar before we go out to dinner! Have a good weekend, girls.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #229
Die Cut Diva

Tickled Pink Photography's Photos -

I hope this works. This is a new picture of my newest grandbaby. Her name is Pyper Rose Williams. She is soooo adorable.
My Gallery
Old 09-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #230
Die Cut Diva

She is a beautiful baby!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #231
Stazon Splitcoast

What an adorable baby! I can see lots of spoiling going on here.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #232
Pearl-ExPert

Lovely picture, Deb. Looks like it's a warm and sunny weekend here in Southern Alberta. Hope it is warm and sunny wherever you are too.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #233
Die Cut Diva

Pyper is definately a sweetheart. And she looks like she just might be trouble for the boys later on.

Glad to see everyone checking in. I have had a slow start this morning. The day is too nice to stay inside, so I think my buddy and I will head out for a drive in the country, and maybe a dip in the river.

Ruth, it is good to see you arrived safely and are getting settled in. How long will you be there?

Enjoy the day ladies
Old 09-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #234
Die Cut Diva

Hi all. Golfed in our year-end wind-up tournament. Sad to see the season almost over as I never did get started this year. And to boot, I golfed horrid!

Brian has gone to Westlock for the weekend, so I am footloose and fancyfree. I think I'll put on my jammies and read a book.

Glad you are safe and sound Ruth. Nice to arrive at your destination.

It was nice here today Diane, but is now getting overcast. We definitely don't need rain. Let's get harvest finished!

Sounds like a fun day for Brody Robin.

I got my new car. I'm driving my car to AZ next month and am leaving it there. It will be our vehicle for down there. I never really liked driving it on our winter roads. Too light and I just wasn't real comfortable with it. I ended up buying a small SUV. It's a Cadillac SRX. I really like it, so comfortable, and rides beautifully.
My Gallery
Old 09-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #235
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies. Heavy frost this morning. Probably killed all of my flowers, so now to clean out the yard.

Happy to see you out golfing Deb, even if it is at the end of the season. It is nice to spend time doing what we love. And you found your new car? That will be a relief to get that done.

Today I am going to return a new laptop that I picked up a few weeks ago. Would you believe the webcam quit working and try as I might I couldn't get it working. So back it goes.

I think I will be lazy and stay in my jammies for a bit. No point rushing today.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #236
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, ladies. Only here till Monday evening, Robin then it's off to the UK to catch up with a few things and people, of course. It's another gorgeous day here but way cooler especially at night than it has been. Still I don't feel cold yet!!!!

Nice to get a new car that you really enjoy driving, Deb. Going to be looking for something smaller in the UK than the large old Merc I have been driving around. Super car to drive but heavy on gas and a pain to park as UK parking spaces are not made for larger cars! Plus it's too low for me to get out of easily and elegantly!! Got SIL's daughters' DH looking for something suitable. He's in the trade and should be able to come up with something suitable for Cornish roads.

Sometimes computers can be a pain, mine had to go back not long after I got it as its memory function was failing! They put it right, no problem and it was at no cost to me so that was something. Hope it goes as easily for you, Robin!

Now to check out the weather where I'm going. Don't think it's too good. Never mind, its the people I'm visiting that count, not the weather. TTYL

Last edited by Lily_Louise; 09-19-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Old 09-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #237
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone!
Pyper is pretty darling, Deb!
Yes Ruth, the big 40 for me. I am pretty excited about it!!
We are off to Banff for a conference tomorrow, and Kevin gets to go to the meetings and I have spa, shopping and shooting (with my new camera of course!) on my agenda. I think we have it all organized here. Trying to do as much of the lunch prep for the kids as I can, so that Grandma doesnt feel too "used".
Safe travels to all of you who are going.
Deb, can you remind me of the card numbers? I am going to get mine done this weekend at the retreat! Home for two sleeps then off again! You'd think I was living a life of leisure!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #238
Die Cut Diva

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Thought I'd brighten your day. It sure does mine! Okay, I promise I won't do this often.

Was supposed to golf today, but I'm just too tired and I'm just going to be lazy around here instead. Got my last room completely put back together after our flood. So now just a few things left in our garage and we'll be "normal" again.

Swap numbers are:
6 Cards
5 Inchies
5 ATC's
4 3x3's

I need to get mine finished up. Maybe today would be a good day.
My Gallery
Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #239
Pearl-ExPert

Deb, Those photos are gorgeous!!! She makes me almost want to have another... babies always do when they are sleepy and cuddly... then they cry and it changes my mind again!!
Beautiful day here in Banff. Off to walk and take photos! Talk soon!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #240
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies - how is everyone today?

Deb - those pictures are wonderful. That photographer has a real gift.

Denise - you sound happy - a few free days in Banff will do that for a person.

Ruth - enjoy your trip to the UK. Having Rex trapped in a plane with you will definately allow you time to get caught up. Personally I have to trap my ADHD hubby in a car to get him to listen to me.....LOL.

I am enjoying a day at home today, a much needed break from the bedlam. It will give me a chance to get my head about me before I go back into the melee tomorrow. Change is always hard, and it is even more difficult when there has been constant change for a number of years. People just lose the ability to cope and respond quickly, and it causes a lot of silliness. It will get better though, it always does.

My sewing machine is off for it's annual service, so I have cleared the decks for some card making and scrapbooking. Gives me a chance to get my card stock back up.

Yesterday started off fun - DS hit a deer on the way to work around Ponoka, may have totalled off his Jeep as it was a big sucker and he hit it straight on. But after a day of running around and vehicle swapping, he has his loaner vehicle and back to work. He went to the Dr. for a baseline exam as his chest is hurting, but the Dr. cleared him but wants him back if it gets worse.

Diane - have you bought some of the fabric from SU? I was looking at it in the catty today, and thought it might be fun to do a scrappy wallhanging with it.

Well better go, enjoy your day ladies.