Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy, hope you're ok and it doesn't get worse before it gets better! Can't see you taking it too easy though 'cos you're always so busy. You must be counting down the days now till you trip, is it next weekend you leave?

I took some Advil nighttime last night(the one with the sleep aid in) and although I wasn't as stiff when I got up this a.m. I have a 'muzzy' head! don't like that feeling so I won't be taking those again!!

Better get off the computer and my butt and do something productive. Take care everyone.

I've a feeling it's going to be warm, really warm here agian today amd tomorrow, it was around 30C yesterday afternoon. Diane, sounds like a really fun weekend coming u[. Make the most of it!

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #162
Mad Swapper

Robin, do you know what that scrapbooking and sewing thing is called? I am trying to find out as Loretta may come with me.

Loretta says Hi. She is busy reorganizing my stamp sets. She is beating me up and making me tidy and organize my stamp room. No sleep for me tonight. lol
Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #163
Glitter Guru

Haha still sounds like fun to me Diane....say hi right back

I'm curious, what is that scrapbooking and sewing thing called?

i had a great day today. Got to spend half an hour in a scrap store and HAD to buy some of the Graphic 45 Christmas paper, etc.......

Tailbone's better tonight. Ruth, I leave next Friday

My Grandkids are coming tomorrow, so better get to bed.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #164
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Good Saturday morning ladies. How is the weekend shaping up?

Nancy - I hope your feel better each day. A sore tailbone is such a nuisance. Nothing ever feels comfortable.

Diane - please give Loretta a hug for me. You two have fun, and if you see this before you start your day, Paper Pastimes and a bunch of other places are having a 'garage sale' at a hall in Calgary starting tomorrow at 10:00. They have it listed on Kijiji.

Minki stuff is lovely. I backed a baby quilt with it, but it is messy! I do love it for some things, there is a quilt pattern designed out of Moose Jaw that uses it for teddy bears. Just makes you want to rub your face in it.

Ruth - it is such a good feeling to do something for others. The patients who receive your hats will feel the caring and love that went into them, and that will provide comfort they need.

Deb - Domestic indeed. Relish (shudder). Used to do a lot of canning of pickles and fruit, but gave it up when I canned a 10 lb box of cherries (pitted) and no one ate them. Haven't canned anything since, but admire those who make the effort.

All of my potatoe and tomatoe plants are now ripped out of the back yard. Seems that Brody was eating the green tomatoes and made himself quite sick. I was up all Wednesday night with him horking and hacking, and so as soon as the sun came up Thursday I went out and cut the plants out. Did you know that Tomatoes and Potatoes are part of the Nightshade family and their leaves and stems are poisenous, and the green tomatoes is, until it ripens? Go figure. Typically no one would want to eat a green tomatoe........just Brody I guess. He is such a gomer.

Rick is home for the weekend, and I am looking forward to some quiet time. I have had enough drama for awhile. The lady I disciplined took home sick for 2 days, so that has worried me. Then yesterday morning, I get told by my new boss that I had some new responsibilities that means a promotion. I am still trying to get my head around that, so a quiet weekend with no distractions while I process all of this would be good.

Diane - can't remember the name of the show. I think it is in Calgary the last weekend in September and in Edmonton the first weekend in October. Canadian Scrapbooker always advertises it.

Going to run - I am heading to the farmers market, then to pick up the grand-cat with a few stops along the way. Have a good weekend ladies, and check with you later.

Last edited by laderme; 08-27-2011 at 07:20 AM..
Old 08-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #165
Die Cut Diva

Hi ladies. Not too much on the agenda today. May go into Red Deer and visit a friend there who I haven't seen for a while. She was going to buy us tickets to go see Seinfeld so I must go in an pay her for mine. Need to stay close to home as Chelsea has been told that she is ready to have this baby. Any day now.

Robin - I would be so disappointed if my canning didn't get eaten. I'm the opposite - my family is always asking me to do that. But I haven't canned for a very long time now, but they have used up my canning "stash". Relish is one thing that we just love (mine anyway - it's soooo good) so I ended up doing 29 500 ml jars. There is nothing prettier than canning sitting finished on your counter (unless it is homemade bread)

I hope you and Loretta had fun Diane. I ran into her once in Red Deer. She is so nice. We need to invite her to come to Olds next year. It would be so nice to see her again.

Nancy - I'm so sorry to hear of your fall. Happy to hear that it's mending. I'm sure you are excited about your trip next weekend. You will have so much fun.

What are you sewing on Robin? Making any quilts? Maybe when I get my craft room back into shape (picking slowly at it every day) I should take out my stash and make a quilt. I should make some for my grandbabies for Christmas.

Ruth - you definitely are a lady with many talents. I used to knit little baby toques for the newborn babies in our local hospital. But my arthritis does not like me to knit or crochet anymore. The movement of my thumbs makes them ache horribly.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 08-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #166
Hardware Hotshot

Location: DH and I driving the yacht on Christmas vacation in Cancun

Hello, ladies! It's been a LOOOONG time since I've stopped in to chat in SCS. Just waiting for my 3 nieces to stop by for a day of babysitting so I thought I'd pop in. I really need some stamping therapy! lol

I hope life has been treating everyone well! I will be visiting a lot more often now.

My Stampin' Up! Blog
My Brand New Ustream Channel (join me the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month)
My Mom's Painting Blog. Comments would be appreciated!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

Talk to you all later, started posted, went to check something else, lost the thread and the psot so now I'm annoyed!!! lol

Old 08-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #168
Mad Swapper

Hello, Hello.

Loretta and I had a great time and she has since left for home.

Hello, Sandi, welcome back.

Loretta had no idea about Olds or else she would have come. Too bad!

Ruth, I saw the ad on Kijiji too. Except I didn't check the date and we were there hunting light and low for the garage sale not knowing it is tomorrow. We did end up going to Paper pastimes and managed to buy some of their stuff. We also hit My sewing room and Sewing World and the Scrapyard so we did good.

I googled Creative Stitches and they only have dates up for next year but not this year. Not sure what it is called this year, then.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #169
Mad Swapper

Hello, Hello.

Loretta and I had a great time and she has since left for home.

Hello, Sandi, welcome back.

Loretta had no idea about Olds or else she would have come. Too bad!

Ruth, I saw the ad on Kijiji too. Except I didn't check the date and we were there hunting light and low for the garage sale not knowing it is tomorrow. We did end up going to Paper pastimes and managed to buy some of their stuff. We also hit My sewing room and Sewing World and the Scrapyard so we did good.

I googled Creative Stitches and they only have dates up for next year but not this year. Not sure what it is called this year, then.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday to you all!

Can't remember what I was going to post yesterday so it couldn't have been too important! Anyway it was a really hot day and I don't do well in the heat. lol

Hi Sandi, nice to see you pop in and say hello.

We'll have to make sure Loretta gets to know about Olds or wherever next year! Sandi, too.

Just spent ages on the phone talking with my SIL who's at her holiday home in Spain right now! Talking weddings and invites. Her son(my godson) is getting married next year and her prospective DIL wants some ideas on invites. Then a couple of months later my niece(Rex's goddaughter) is getting married and needs invites etc! Strangely enough both girls have hearts as a theme and fairly similar colours for their bridemaids dresses! I feel a whack of creativity coming on once I get back to the UK. SIL and I have arranged a meet to run thru some ideas before meeting with her future DIL and mother. Then it'll be a get together with my sister and her DD! Good thing my sister is an SU demo in the UK!!

Too much chatting today, need some quiet time. Just got off the phone with DH and have already spoken to DD too. Actually just thought, need to call my other sister in Ireland, she left me a message the other day!

Take care, ladies. Robin, hope you've managed some peace and quiet to process your thoughts about the workplace.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #171
Glitter Guru

Just a quiet moment till the family gets back from visiting other relatives we all went out to a buffet breaky this morning---really nice!

I'm going for a stamping day at a friends tomorrow. Taking colouring and some stamps.

I can remember my Mom frying up some green tomatoes and making relish with them too--maybe she was trying to get rid of us jk!

Hi Sandi, hope to see you popping in here anytime

Well, I put a step card up on my blog this morning if anyone wants to take a peek. I've made three and that will do for now.

The weather has been so beautiful and quite hot today!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!~
Old 08-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #172
Mad Swapper

Nice card, Nancy!

Your cards are always so feminine and pretty.

Loretta's visit went well. We managed to hit Two quilt stores and two papercrafting stores. At one store, we saw a quote that we liked: I laughed so hard, tears are running down my leg.

I did end up going to the Scrapbooking garage sale on Sunday. They had lots of paper and page kits. There was one vendor with rubber stamps, but they were really fugly and also expensive. 5$ for a medium sized stamp (2-3 inches) and the images were cartoony stuff from the late 80s or early 90s. From a vendow perspective, it was successful since people were lining out the door to get in. I waited 15 minutes outside but there was just too many people there I left without buying anything. Just as well we had first pick at some of the things from Paper Pastimes. I should have taken my stamps there and had an impromptu car boot sale.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #173
Mad Swapper

I forgot to mention that Loretta read somewhere that the Creative Stitches show got cancelled this fall. It kinda makes sense as the website only advertises for next year in Calgary and Edmonton. And the Canadian Scrapbooker was advertising for its own two day show to be held at the MacEwan Hall at U of C. Typically, they do a parallel event at the creative stitches show- the last two years I remember them being in the middle of the hall and they held their scrapbooking classes while the fabric stuff were all out on the periphery.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

Beautiful cards, Nancy! Your blog page is so pretty too! Green tomato chutney was quite often made by my Mum when the last of the tomatoes took too long to ripen. I think if they are cooked they don't have the same effect as raw ones! Robin, if you look at the flowers on the potato plants, they do resemble the deadly nightshade flowers even in colour if my memory serves me correct!

Diane, I haven't heard that word 'fugly' since our trip down to the SU Convention in Denver!!! Great quote, too!! Made me smile this morning. So glad you and Loretta had a good visit.

It's overcast here today so hopefully a little respite from the heat of the past few days. Off to visit with my cousin's DD later, she's also my SU demo so it's dangerous territory!! Actually apart form a couple of special order stamps I need for the weddings I can't say there is anything I absolutely need to have from the catty. Do like quite a lot of the sample cards in the IB this year though but they can always be adapted to use stamps and paper already in the stash!!!

Have a good day, ladies.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #175
Pearl-ExPert

HI everyone, you have all been so busy!!

I forget that if you dont come on here to read, it doesnt let you know someone else has posted.!!

Life here is busy. Kids start school on Thursday. I started to filter my scrapbooking stuff. Going on Retreat on the 22. Anyone else want to come? She has lots of space!

I took over the financials for our band parents association, and unfortunately I have alot of fixing and filing to do for them. I will never take over books before the year end again!!

Have a good week everyone!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise, I think you need to sign in for email notification to tell you if someone posted to this thread! Then you can actually read without signing in to SCS!!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #177
Die Cut Diva

Good morning. Having coffee with Brody. I am squeezing in a quick lurk before work.

Dim morning here. I am guessing our summer is over, though some nice days this fall would be nice. We took advantage of yesterdays weather and played at the river before supper.

George the cat was returned to his house yesterday, thank god, but more on that later.

Rain has started. Might be a good day to stay in pyjamas, if you can.

I made the mistake og going to Walmart yesterday. Think stressed parents, screaming kids, and school supply lists. Wasn't pretty. Lol

Gotta run, will come back for coffee tonight if anyone can join me.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #178
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Ruth, I am signed up for instant notification, but it only shows one post, and if I dont come onto SCS, I dont get another notification. Oh, well, as soon as the girls are back to school I will be able to spend a few minutes checking!
Its a grey day here, feels like fall. I do wish the rain would stop, as the farmers are getting closer to harvest everyday!
Have a wonderful day. My niece turns 18 today. How fast does time go!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #179
Die Cut Diva

wow, we sure don't need all this rain again. We haven't begun to dry out yet from July. And I want HOT!!!

My inchies are done for the swap. Now going to start the ATC's hopefully this afternoon.

No baby yet, but hopefully soon. She is due on Friday. Hopefully she hasn't dilated any more at her doctor's appt tomorrow, or they will admit her and induce. She was at 4 cm last week.

Wanted to just pop in and say hi. I'm on my way into town and need to get moving soon.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 08-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh dear,not more of the wet stuff, Sorry AB it's coming in from here! We had a little thunder last night then a heavy shower first thing this a.m. then some light rain for an hour or so but it has now brightened up! Not hot, around 19 or 20C. Supposed to be a little showery again for tomorrow and Thursday but heating up again ready for the long weekend! Trying to send the sunshine your way to dry you out!

Did one batch of cards yesterday and took them along with my other samples of my swaps over to show my demo! She loved the faux cloisonne I'd done on one of my ATCs for a swap and is thinking of teaching it at her SU clubs. I'm amazed she had never heard of it yet alone tried it and she has been stamping way longer than me! Her girls(she has 3) were all there with their friends and these kids were even saying how pretty the cards were!

Came home after a long visit and a lot of catching up, had a quiet evening but although I intended to have an early night, it didn't happen! Trouble was, I was tired but my mind was too busy and sleep did not come easily. May have to get some natural sleep remedies or something as it's happening too frequently lately.

Hope the baby comes easily and soon, Deb and your DIL doesn't have to be induced. That is not a nice 'procedure' in my experience! Take care.

Robin, I'd love to drop in for 'coffee' this evening as long as it's decaf!! Will check it out later. BTW do you have Gayle's address? I have something I want to send her and she doesn't seem to reply to FB messages or get on here any more. I know she was going to be busy for a month or two after Olds. If you do could you PM me, please?

Now for a difficult decision, what to cook for dinner! I need healthy and quick~! TTYL.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:47 AM   #181
Mad Swapper

It was pouring yesterday and I still hear the raindrops on the roof this morning. Not your fault , Ruth. it was cool yesterday (12oC) a far cry from the 30oC the day before. Still, my trees need some water. I didn't notice that my birch is dying on one side, from lack of watering. So I have to be more vigilant about watering it ever so often.

I have been working on cards for our swap and it's coming along nicely.

My sister is off to China on Friday so I must go visit her this evening. She's doing a educational exchange for two weeks and then on holidays for three. I am just hoping that she stays safe, wherever she is.

Nancy, your trip is coming up quickly too. Do enjoy your trip. My favourite thing about Scotland is the accents. Look out for some "heilan coos" (Highland Cows- they are the cutest big lugs out there).
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

Off to a 'sneezy' start this morning and no, I don't have a cold! It's allergies and I don't really know what right now. Have to say this year is the first time since being in Canada(10 years) that I have had any real allergy problems like I used to when I was back in the UK.

Got another two sets of cards done last night for the 'scrap' swap I'm in. they were actually Christmas cards, the one type of card I really struggle with! Quite pleased with the way they've turned out so all is good. Now on to the thank you cards. Might intersperse our swap with the ones I'm doing just to change it up a bit. It'll give me more chance to get inspiration 'cos I know what I"m doing for our swap!!

It's been raining here again and is not looking too bright right now. Quite cool by comparison to what we have been having. Even I'm not too warm at the moment!!!

Have a good day, ladies.

Nancy, have a wonderful trip!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #183
Mad Swapper

Help! Help!
Anyone know of a Creative Memories consultant that may have the old hexagon punches or is in possession of the punch and willing to sell it? Evil Loretta had punched me up some templates and I started doing hexies and now I am in dire need of more templates. Arrgghh! Help, please? I am going to see if buy and sell has them. There are couple on ebay and they are pretty expensive and that is already without shipping..
Old 08-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #184
Die Cut Diva

Good evening ladies - All is well here.

Diane - I cancelled my plans to go to the stitches show. Wonder why they cancelled it? There certainly was a decent turn-out for it. Ah well, I can spend my pennies on the Shop Hop. Did you ever get signed up for that?

Work is a chore and you don't want to hear about it. Let's just say my energy is getting zapped daily so I haven't started on my swaps yet. I am hoping this weekend I will get some gumption and some time to do them.

Did I tell you that we booked our winter vacation to Jamaica? Same place as we went last time. It is just so gorgeous we have to go again, atleast one more time. I am really looking forward to it. I am looking at an advertisement for it right now on the forum. It is for Couples Resorts. Does anyone else see it?

Green tomatoes - I am wondering if they are just a no-no for dogs, or if it was because he ate the really really green ones. I will probably never know.

Creative Memories - I don't know anyone who sells that. Maybe Denise does? I know she has a connection. And what on earth are Hexies.....another form of inchie?

Brody was at doggy day care today, so he is busy snoozing beside me. All play makes him one tired puppy.

I am seeing some new ads for Spellbinders. Boy they are sure going a long way with those, aren't they. Wonder when they will run out of shapes.

Good night ladies, and hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #185
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane, Denise does Creative Memories. I bought my first inchie and 3/4" double punch from her! Are hexies just sort of 'hexagonal' inchies then?!!!!!

Sorry to hear work is a pain, Robin! Great you've got your trip to Jamaica sorted, sounds amazing! I'm going to have to make do with Montreal and the UK for the foreseeable future, although the UK is never a hardship!

Going to bed now, need to be up earlier tomorrow instead of halfway thru the morning!

Good night, girls, sleep well.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #186
Die Cut Diva

First day of school today so we have to watch for the kiddies on the corners all bright and shine like new pennies. Gotta love the first day of school.

And it is the first day of Abertas distracted driving law. The teens are going to go nuts, everyone will be walking around with a ear phone. Good times.

I had to set the climate control yesterday. Minimum for heat, maximum for air. It turned darn cold over a couple of cloudy days.

I have itchy feet and think I need to go away this weekend. Rick can't get away though. I might have to content myself with some day trips.

Enjoy your day ladies..
Old 09-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #187
Mad Swapper

Robin, I am sorry that work is sucking the life out of you.Focus on the trip. The warm sand between your toes. Swaying palm fronds. Your sweetie by your side.......

Um, yeah distracted driving law.I tried using my bluetooth earpiece last week and I don't like it one bit. It doesn't seem to recognize my voice. I'll have to be careful with it.

Ruth, the hexies are for english paper piecing or the grandmother's flower garden done with the hexagons. Patchwork, of course. I will beg Denise to see if she has it still and willing to part with it. She sews so maybe she won't part with it

It's been cold here too and I refuse to turn on the furnace till the end of september. I slept in a pile of blankets last night. We'll see how long I hold out

Happy September, all.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #188
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies!

Diane what size are your hexagons? I don't have a punch but I do have 2 shape templates(metal) for cutting out hexagons for patchwork! One is larger and for the material and the other is for the paper for stitching the material to. Lot easier with a punch I suspect!! I have been known to cut and stich hexagons together, infact I probably have a whole load ready to finish somewhere. lol

Out to lunch with my cousin today. Had to persuade her that 11.30 was really too early for lunch! She's so like her mother and mine that meals have to be a certain time!!!!! You just have to go with the flow, with no kids and routines to worry about, meals can be at any time. We're both retired so it's not like there are so many things on our schedules that we can't be a little spontaneous!

Cooler her too but there is no way I'm having the heating on. Might just have to wear a cardi today though unless the sun comes out!!

Stay safe. Hate the bluetooth too, Diane. Mine doesn't recognise when I say HOME so what point in wearing it?!

Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #189
Die Cut Diva

I've had my two grandsons for the past two days so didn't get a chance to get on here at all. We thought the baby was coming on Monday night, but it was just a teaser. She was exhausted yesterday, so I just kept them. They did go home this morning and little Lincoln cried a bit and said he wanted to stay with Gramma. Melted my heart -- he can have whatever he wants! jk A month ago he was having separation anxiety with his Mom and could not be out of her sight for 30 seconds -- so this is a good thing. Tomorrow is her due date, so hopefully very soon.

I haven't gotten anything done at all -- only played. Maybe will try and work on ATC's this afternoon.

Have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I really need a follow-up on my knee. Hopefully he will book another MRI so we can see what is really going on.

I will check Diane and see if I have that punch. Don't think I do, but I do have a few CM punches.
My Gallery
Old 09-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #190
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies
Darn it Diane, I actually gave away a few of my CM punches--including the Hex! I just found them hard on my hands.

I have a question about phoning home from Scotland. My phone won't work over there. I just would like to let my family know that I'm there and say hi once or twice so they don't worry
Are there any hints you can give me as to which way is best? Computer, phone cards, hotel phones are probably really expensive too.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #191
Glitter Guru

Sorry, forgot to say thanks for looking at my blog I still looooove that paper!
My mind is just scattered a bit more that usual!
Robin, I think Jamaica sounds wonderful!!! Especially with our cooler weather creeping up!
To find us here, I have a shortcut on my desktop and just go to the last page, see where I last posted and.....catch up easy-peasy
Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #192
Mad Swapper

All is well. I posted in buy and sell and bought the punch off someone. and Denise was going to look for it in her stash. And Loretta is punching up some of them for me to tide me over. Ruth, they are 3/4 inch on each side or 1 1/2 inches in diameter, I think. The punches are easier, i suspect. I hear you about being hard on your hands, Nancy but Loretta's secret is she uses cheap Mike's cs which is thinner.

Deb, I hope and pray for a safe delivery for your DiL.

Bluetooth is the pits. It won't recognize my voice. I had asked it to call my coworker and it turned the radio on. Then it kept calling my desk number at work. I was getting so agitated I had to quit. Was going to toss the unit out except it costs 134.99 so I guess I shall try and learn to use it or else just not answer the phone when driving. Sigh. No more eyebrow plucking as well, I guess. People will have to live it the sight of my unibrow. maybe the Frida look will come back in fashion.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #193
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to Carole4312 Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

Morning !

Sorry I've been AWOL - very busy summer including the one-day retreat, which went really, really well. I'm now planning a 25 Cards in a Day day for October, and I've already had some places booked - whoop whoop its taking off.

I achieved my Stampin Start (all three aspects), and achieved Silver 1 promotion - so I am a happy bunny - especially because I earned 11 - yes 11 - free stamp sets !!! Whoop whoop ! Very handy considering we're pre-ordering from the new catalogue !

Aaron and I went over to Ireland for 10 days to spend time with his dad and the family. As they live in the middle of nowhere on the coast, there isn't a great deal to amuse a nearly 16 year-old I'm sure if he had had a friend there, he would have been up and out on the bikes or whatever, but I do feel that Aaron is outgrowing a lot of things now We went kayyaking which was fantatic - despite my reservations - and we were out kayyaking along the Irish East Coast for about 2 hours - I was knackered believe me !!

Aaron is in his final year of his secondary school, so has a lot of work ahead of him. He sat some of his GCSE's a year early, and managed to attain really good grades in the subjects he sat, including an A* - so, so proud of him.

I was back at school yesterday, although the students don't come back until
Monday. As you can see, I am really busy !!! ha ha ha ! I will be on Monday though !

I hope everyone is well. When I have a bit more time, I will catch everyone up with the goings-on of the Bryson household.

Love to all xxxxx
Old 09-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #194
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies - I am having a paper day today, which means I am in my office at home, phones are on silent, and email is my only companion as I go through a backlog of correspondance, and have the occassional coffee break with friends - so put the pot on ladies, I have my cup ready!

I am hoping the Debbie has her new grandbaby and that all is well. Do we know if it is a girl or a boy yet? Diane - congrats on finding the punches. I am thinking I need to go down to the scrapbooking store and see if I can find a swirl punch for my inchies. Might need to do that yet today.

Rick is home this weekend, and he has taken the brat out for the day. They are going on a road trip to pick up hunting supplies, so that will keep them both busy for awhile.

Good to see your post Carole and see what you are up to. Back to work and back to the fun of it all for you!

Diane - we have voice command in our Acura, and everytime we try to use it we end up laughing until we cry. You tell it to turn up the heat and it changes the radio channel, you tell it to turn on the navigation and it cranks the AC up to freezing levels. It is just too funny, but I do have it so I can get it to dial my phone numbers for me, and I can answer a phone call, so that is a good thing. The rest is just good entertainment.

So here is a roster of what has happened at work the last couple of days. Now keep in mind we have a fairly big office, but still, not that big:
1 admin changed to part time due to maternity
1 admin's husband rushed to hospital with heart issues
1 admin returned from leave with husband at hospital with Blood Pressure issues and now HER surgery got bumped up a week to next Friday
1 admin hired, she starts the day after her boss goes for surgery
3 admin leaving on vacation
1 admin resigned
1 admin on 'sick leave' because she was scolded for coming in late too often
Of the 3 admin left, 1 is stressed beyond the breaking point because she has to cover-off the surgery leave, 1 is clueless, and the other one is deaf because her implant has quit working. Is that enough giggles for this morning, or should I start with the professional staff? HA!

Yes - I think I need some retail therapy.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #195
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy, use SKYPE on your computer, it's free computer to computer. If not put some money on Skype and call a landline or cell that way. Other than that just email, it's as good a way as any but check charges as not all hotels do free wi-fi connections.

Glad you found the punches, Diane!! Now you'll be even busier crafting!

Deb, hope the little one arrives safely today. Such exctement for the other 2 little boys as well as gramma!

Carole, good to see you on here. Can't believe Aaron is almost 16 already. Doesn't seem like 5 mins ago you were posting pics of him in his new school uniform about to go off to senior school!! WTG with the GCSEs, hope he sustains the good work over the next couple of years. There are so many distractions out there. Great that your SU is working out but then you have put a lot of effort in. Well done you!

Robin, what is they say, it never rains but it pours! No wonder work is driving you to distraction! Still enjoy the weekend with your DH at home and retail therapy sounds like a good destressor! Take care and have a good weekend.

I've enabled the speech recogniton on my computer and it's crazy what it thinks I've said sometimes!! In fact, like Robin's car, it's quite hilarious!! So much for dictating letters or whatever to a machine. lol

Going shopping just 'cos I can. Probably won't buy anything but.......... I can look!

Have a great weekend.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #196
Die Cut Diva

No baby yet. But we know it is closer every minute.

Glad you got your punch Diane, as I looked and I don't have it.

I only have voice recognition for my radio in my car. And it too really doesn't understand me at all. So I guess it is the same for almost all voice commanded, technical, up-to-the-moment, must-have, "stuff". Good ole technology.

Well Nancy must be well on her way by now. Hope she has a wonderful trip.

Stress Robin -- when are you taking your stress leave? At the same time as the other 3? Not to make light of stress, it really is horrid.

When are you leaving Ruth? It is rather soon, isn't it?

Hi Carole. Since I do chat with you on FB, I have kept up with what you are doing. You are one very busy lady.

Started a new diet program last week. And I know you all think -- again??? But I am determined to lose weight before going to Germany in November. I am not hungry at all and I think it is going to work very well for me. I lost 8.8 pounds last week. Woohoo! So it is lunch time for me, then I have a foot appointment at 2 pm, and then hopefully the boys for a few days.
My Gallery
Old 09-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #197
Die Cut Diva

Tea time ladies!

Deb - Stress leave? Not me, I'm too stubborn. I figure if I am going to lose it, I am going to make everyone else's life miserable at the same time In all honesty, I am pretty good at combatting it, though I haven't been able to deal with the over-eating, I do know that a good hour on the treadmill after a wind-me-up day is a guaranteed good night sleep and a better day tomorrow.

Rick has just rolled in, he was out playing with the boys and has a mitt full of brochures for fancy big boy toys......better go bring him back to reality.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #198
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by laderme View Post
Tea time ladies!

Deb - Stress leave? Not me, I'm too stubborn. I figure if I am going to lose it, I am going to make everyone else's life miserable at the same time In all honesty, I am pretty good at combatting it, though I haven't been able to deal with the over-eating, I do know that a good hour on the treadmill after a wind-me-up day is a guaranteed good night sleep and a better day tomorrow.

Rick has just rolled in, he was out playing with the boys and has a mitt full of brochures for fancy big boy toys......better go bring him back to reality.

talk about stress
My Gallery
Old 09-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #199
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it must be lunch time by now! Seems a long time since I had breakfast! Had a early start today due to a hspital appointment for an echocardiogram. This is just a 'genetic' follow up thing because of our son, not because I have signs or symptoms, I hasten to add! Didn't realise they did appointments like this at the weekend too. It's strictly Monday to Friday for routine stuff like this in the UK!

Hoping that little one has decided to put in an appearance today, Deb, then gramma can spoil her boys.

Robin, good for you getting the stress out on the treadmill. It's time I used the 'machines' I have to get a little more exercise. Walking around Michaels or wherever hardly counts!! Boys and their toys, eh. Not sure what DH has tucked away in his shop and I'm not even going to look.

Leave for Montreal on 15th then UK on 19th, so almost a couple of weeks yet, Deb. Time to finish my swaps and have them mailed.

Better go eat before I start snacking, more control of the calories that way! Enjoy your day, ladies.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #200
Die Cut Diva

No baby, no signs of baby.....

Did a little retail therapy today. Picked up three more wooden cubes at M's. I got the one with 4 shelves; the one with 4 square drawers; and the one with 3 drawers. I think this is the last of what I "need" to house all my stuff. I think now everything will be out of sight. Oh and I had to use my 50% coupon for Tim Holtz paper pack -- the one for travel in tan colors. Oh my, it is gorgeous and right up my alley. (this is the lady speaking that swore off even looking at any more paper -- it was my friend's fault -- she doesn't scrap but she needed to look at some paper)
My Gallery