Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #121
Die Cut Diva

I'm sure it won't amount to much. I think I just might be able to put your postage on for you at my expense. We'll have it so that nobody includes envelopes. That will lighten the postage all around.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #122
Glitter Guru

Ok, sounds like everyone has had a busy weekend! Me too my brother was up from Port Alberni, on his way to a quading meet (did I spell that right) in Prince George. Anyway, we had a great visit!

I hope you get your prv fixed Diane, I think that is the second most important thing I use--computer first!

Carole, congrats on your day, sounds like you had some awesome things lined up for your group. I'll be over to look at the pics on your blog. I'm headed to Scotland on Sept. 2nd. for a 2 week tour and then a few days to ourselves in Dundee before heading home Sept 22nd.

Deb, hope you get some good results from the steamers, etc. and it may be fun to sort through the 'stuff'
I'm not going to do this swap--much as I'd like to. I'm in the midst of helping my ex reside my shed (it's looking good), and I've got my deck cleared off, ready to scrap and paint. Then more company coming in two weeks then I'll have only a couple of days to gather myself together before 'the trip' if there is a swap after Christmas, I'll join in.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining I'm doing great, just busy. Oh yes, I'm still enjoying the colouring. I'll get some cards done up this week, hopefully, and post to my blog.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb, I'll do all categories too!

Such an unproductive day but at least I had a good sleep-in this morning! Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I'll get more done.

Carol, sounds like you had a great day. All those amazing things happening for you. BTW, I think you'll find that other demo can only sign up under if she 'drops' for 6 months then signs up again. Talk to Demo support in Frankfurt, Chris or Eileen are the ones who can confirm this for you. Enjoy your trip to Ireland. I need to get there sometime to see my sister and her family!

Diane, at least you got someone to speak to with regard to your pvr even if you have to make an appointment to get it fixed! Don't have one and don't even use the digi box anymore to get all the channels we used to have.

Nancy, bet you're getting excited about your trip! Not too long now! I'm going back mid September but maybe to Montreal before I leave. Depends on DH's schedule.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and that you all have had a good weekend.

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 08-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #124
Mad Swapper

Just got back from a daytrip to Edmonton to attend a Bridal shower Tea for a very dear friend. Long day!

Carole, your day sounds like fun. I would totally attend if I was closer. Good for you, my dear. You are a fabulous artist so I am sure you will be popular with the ladies.

Deb, put me down for cards, ATCs and inchies. Not so hot on 3x3

I love the no rules clause
Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #125
Glitter Guru

Good Monday Morning

It looks like a nice day is shaping up--fog is lifting and it looks bright. We had a couple of good hard downpours yesterday afternoon and I heard it rain a bit overnight--saves me watering

Still in my housecoat....second cup of coffee....bagel ate....better get moving and accomplish somethin

Have a great day!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #126
Glitter Guru

Ruth you have a wonderful Happy Birthday I hope you are doing something special today!!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Nancy! Am out to lunch with a good friend and then who knows what the rest of the day may bring.

Just getting my breakfast but have already had several phone calls and lots of singing from the UK!! Better get my second cup and then get on with day.

Right now it's lovely but we had some really heavy rain overnight, it actually woke me up! At least they shouldn't complain about water shortage this year. Take care and have a good day everyone.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #128
Die Cut Diva

Hope you have a wonderful day today on your birthday Ruth. It is raining here AGAIN! I loved the almost 40 C weather in Arizona and I'll tell you, I'm really sick of this rain. My carpets start getting cleaned today. He'll do the 3 bedrooms downstairs as well as my craft area down. If he has time he can do the 2 bedrooms upstairs. Then on Wednesday he'll come back and do the family room downstairs. Can't do it today as it is wall-to-wall furniture. We'll move everything back tomorrow night when carpet is dry. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be all back to normal.

We are having our company BBQ at our place this weekend. There will be close to 90 here for supper. I'm so glad I turned that responsibility over to our staff to look after feeding everyone. We just have to do yardwork which is really hard when it is so wet. We got lots accomplished this weekend and it is really looking quite nice.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 08-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #129
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Good morning ladies. I find myself struggling to keep up as you have had a great visit the last few days! Put me down for the swap. I just need to think of what I am doing. I will do all three sizes. First time for inches so wish me luck.

Happy belated birthday Ruth. I hope your day was a good one. Did you get out for lunch?

Just wanted to check in and say hello. Off to another day of scandal and political intrigue.......
Old 08-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #130
Die Cut Diva

off to golf in Sundre today. Haven't been out now for almost 3 weeks. I made another doctor's appointment for my knee for this Friday. I'm going to try and get another MRI as it is not right. It's been 6 months since my surgery and is still giving me grief.

Yay Robin for the swap. Did you want to do all 4, or just 3 (cards, 3x3, ATC, inchies)?

Off downstairs now for about an hour to start putting some of my "stuff" back as my carpet will now be dry. It will be nice to get this mess tidied up.
My Gallery
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning from a bright and sunny Lower Mainland!

Nothing planned for today apart from a few phone calls to various members of our family. That'll be the whole morning gone! It is worth touching base though 'cos I get to catch up on all the family news.

Thinking I might make a few cards this afternoon once I've done the odd chore or two. Need to make a note of what swaps need doing and when, seem to have lost the previous list!

Robin, nice to see you drop in. Yes I did get out to lunch yesterday with a very good friend. Quite a pleasant day really but would rather have spent some of the time with DH or DD and DGS. What is it about offices and departments that there needs to be so much intrigue and politics? I heard from a friend about the office I used to work in and what should be so straightforward, upfront and easy is full of mystery, secrets and quite honestly bad staff management, it's not even enjoyable to work there anymore! Life and work really don't need to be that complicated!!

Well, lovely ladies, have a good day and talk to you again.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #132
Die Cut Diva

ahh, the last carpet cleaned -- now just to put everything back. Wow, I have a lot of stuff. Am going to take my time with this!

Golfed yesterday with 3 good friends. We've been trying all summer to get together. We had a great time. I really do need to do things like this more often.

Just got word that I'm having 97 for supper Saturday night. It's nice to have the number, now to grocery shop. We're all ready for the BBQ other than last minute grocery items.

Have a wonderful day all.
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #133
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all! Everyone is so busy!
My Dh is sick right now, and it is never fun for the rest of us! Oh well. Off to West Edmonton Mall tomorrow with my girls. Just put in a order for SU. I dont need alot of stuff, but a couple new stampsets from the holiday mini.

I have to get off here, and get organized.

Oh, and Deb, Cards only for the swap for me... I just hope I can get my stuff sorted by then... its still in flood disorganization!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #134
Die Cut Diva

I totally understand the flood disorganization Denise. I did get started putting things back into place today. It will take time, but I'm going to do it right.

we are waiting patiently for a new arrival. My SIL, Linda, who most of you know is expecting a new grandbaby. Her DIL is 5 days late. Hopefully very soon.
My Gallery
Old 08-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #135
Die Cut Diva

Deb - I will do cards, ATC, inchies and 3x3. That should keep me entertained for awhile. This is a 'no holds barred' techniques swap? Did I get that right? And to deliver them to you, I take you for lunch?

Good morning everyone! I am up way to early, but thought I should roll out of bed rather than laying there and stewing. So the dog and I are on the couch enjoying the quiet and a cup of coffee.

Rick is working this weekend, so it is just me. I am hoping to see DS. He has been on a 2 week motorbike trip to Niagra Falls and back, and I am looking forward to hearing all of the stories. DD is working overtime, so I might see her on Sunday. I have decided this weekend is major housecleaning. That is unless I get a better offer.

Denise, how was WEM? That place never changes, does it. Which stamp sets did you order?

Deb - did you have a good game? Today is your Dr. Appt. I hope he can do something more for you. Has the baby arrived? Good luck cleaning out your stash. I get started and then just give up and stuff a lot of it back where it came from.

Ruth - do you have any travel plans coming up?

Well, should go and take Brody for a morning walk. The sun is just coming up so by the time we are ready, it will be nice to be out.

Take care my friends, and talk to you later.

Last edited by laderme; 08-19-2011 at 04:11 AM..
Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #136
Glitter Guru

Good Morning
Robin, you are the early bird today, I love getting up ealy--once I'm up. It's just rolling out of bed---if I hesitate, I'm lost for another half hour or so....

The sun is shining again today and I think I have to mow my grass. The mornings are like fall around here! My silly furnace kicked in an hour ago, not used to hearing that noise.

Bought a couple of things for my trip--compact toothbrush, new pj's, new shoes--feel good already--wore them all day yesterday and my feet felt great! Have not found a raincoat. I have an older one and think I'll just take that, however, my cousin (who lives in the city) thinks I should be more stylish and get a trench coat style Wait till she sees my perm, lol. I went for a body wave and got curly. I have to say she's a bit hoity-toity, but I get along with her quite well. I just sit back and smile at her.

Anyway, I better take my coffee and get busy here. Have a great weekend everyone
Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #137
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls.

It's a totally gorgeous day here and I'm off out to lunch later with my cousin. Have already had a long chat with DD and then DH so it's all good to start the day!

Yes Robin, I will be travelling mid September via Montreal so probably spending a couple of weeks there before going on to the UK. Need to get my act together then as that would mean leaving home early September! Just a few sets of cards to do between now and then. Having a great time using up some of my scraps. May even post pictures later. Quite pleased with what I've done so far.

Deb, hope the dr's appointment goes well. Any news on Linda's grandbaby? I suppose you're still working on your crafty reorganisation. I've found a whole load more stuff and am gradually sorting thru it. I have to make a list of the stamp sets I need to get rid of!! That'll be an exercise in itself and will need a lot of concentration!

I think the dogs next door are getting a little more exercise, the guy was out there last night at 11p.m. with a torch and I didn't hear a sound all night. It had better last or the next complaint form will be going into to Animal control after the weekend. Spoke to someone there the other day and said I wasn't happy with what had been done so far and simply wasn't prepared to sit back and let it go. How can you have 3 dogs and be out from 7 or 8 in the morning until 10.30 or 11 at night and still be a responsible dog owner. These animals never see the inside of the house, they are penned and kenneled outside all year round! Poor anaimals don't get a Brody kind of lifestyle, Robin!

Sounds like our swap is going to be pretty good! Looking forward to all the creativity we come up with.

Better go, need to amke a couple of calls before I go out. Have a wonderful day, girls.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #138
Die Cut Diva

Brody kind of lifestyle. We all should have one of those lifestyles. Then we would be as happy as he is all the time!

Saturday morning and not much planned other than house work. And since I hate house work, I need to be disciplined. So I have walked the dog, now I get a cup of coffee, then the chores start. Goal is to be done by noon, I will start with my craft room so I have some willpower to not sit and play. Then I get to play this afternoon on my swaps.

What is everyone else doing for the swap or should we keep it a surprise?

I am thinking of deb and her 100 people party to night. Sometimes she works too hard.

Nancy..yay on the shopping! It feels good to get ready doesn't it. How many more sleeps?

I wonder where Diane is, hopefully she checks in

Well my coffee cup is empty and the house isn't cleaning by itself, so off I go.

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by laderme; 08-21-2011 at 05:44 AM..
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #139
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Gosh it's warm out there already and it's only just after 10.30! Hope you get a bit of this lovely weather for your BBQ tonight, Deb. Almost 100 people, couldn't cope with that anymore!! Maybe you'll get a little time to relax and enjoy it a bit too.

Robin, Brody sure is a lucky dog. Wonder if Diane has thought any more about becoming a dog owner after her dogsitting weekend!!

Nancy, only a couple more weeks now till your trip. enjoy your shopping and all the anticipation of the travel. Get some Melatonin tabs/caps to take with you. Will help you sleep and adjust to the new time zone more quickly.

Don't feel like doing chores but need to as I hate it when the kitchen is not spotless. Need to tidy up the table with all my craft stuff on too as I need more than 1 sq ft to work on the next set of cards!!! Right now my craft space is in the suite where the AC works! Getting the other unit replaced this next week, our heating/plumbing guy is very good about looking after his repeat customers.

Should try to get some fresh air at some point today, a little vitamin D wouldn't go amiss. Like Robin, no particular plans so it's a just go with the flow day. TTYL.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #140
Die Cut Diva

Good Sunday morning. Had a great day yesterday, though I only got the top floors cleaned. I found a couple of old boxes of craft stuff that I went through and that held me up. My house isn't that big, but I don't run around like a wild woman to clean it anymore. Today is the basement, and that won't take long at all. Rick is a packrat, so I have vowed to leave it alone, other than to sweep what I can of the floor. The craft stuff basically got tossed out. Sometimes I wonder why I keep things..........

Ruth - what cards are you working on next? I need some inspiration. I have some little snowflakes that punched out of my christmas cards when I did the border. I put 3 on the inside of my Christmas cards, but have some left over in a baggy and they stare at me everytime I go into the room. I might have to do something with those this afternoon, maybe shaker cards...

Anyone else been to a "No Frills" store? They turned our Extra Foods into one, and I went in yesterday to look around. Not sure what I think, but I did buy some different kind of foods to try and see if we like them.

Went down to the river yesterday to toss a stick for my chum. It was gorgeous down there. Might need to take a lawn chair with me today and a book. It is supposed to be 28 this afternoon. Finally some nice weather to enjoy! I have the windows all open and the fans on to cool down the house. We put AC in a few years ago, but with this house it helps to have it cooled down at the beginning of the day. It is an energy efficient house, which means that once it is warm, it takes a bit to cool it down, and I certainly don't mind the fresh air.

Coffee cup is empty, time to go throw on some clothes and go for a walk in the woods to watch Gomer chase butterflies (his new best thing to do). Much as the puppy stage is a pain, I am enjoying the brief time left of his puppy silliness.

Hugs to all.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #141
Mad Swapper

I'm here, just lurking.

Really didn't have anything exciting to report so I was quiet.

The most exciting thing I've done is mastered octopus cooking. I really like the grilled octopus at one of the greek restaurants near my house but as an appetizer, it sells for 16$ and its just one tentacle. I thought I could do better. I googled and read up on it. Bought the initial frozen octopus at Stuporstore (comes in a tube), defrosted it- brined it in 5%salt solution for 2 hours. Drained and rinsed then pressure cooked it in some water and a little bit of vinegar for about 30 minutes (once the whistling starts). Once cooled- I tossed the braising liquid (next time I save it for stock) and it went on the grill after an olive oil and lemon douse and souvlaki spice mix (it was all I had that was greek). The octopus was really tender. The only thing different I would do is perhaps boil the octopus after brining and then remove the outer purple skin as it had stuck to the grill.

I would definitely make it again but I'd start with 2 octopi since it is a bit of a process.

There, how's that for participation?

I havn't shopped at No Frills, Robin. Don't they sell just generic stuff?

Diane still dreams about getting a dog but the commitment paralyzes her. The doggy weekend made me realise how much dirt the dog brings into the house. I told my sister I was going to visit her yesterday instead of them coming to visit since I had just gotten a steam mop and cleaned my floors and carpets and wanted to keep things clean for a little while longer. I must say I like the steam mop.... its my new toy.How sad is that?

Oooh, Loretta is coming to visit next weekend. Y'all remember her, right? Bethyblue and lives in Bluffton? I don't know what all we will be getting up to but it will be fun.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #142
Glitter Guru

Diane, sounds yummie, I love the appys, I've never attemped to make them tho! You don't have to have anything earthshattering to say I just love to see that little girl waving in your avatar! Speaking of Avatar I watched that movie again (3rd x)--LOVE it!!
That's so exciting that Loretta is coming, you guys will have a great time, she is so nice and so talented!
Has anyone made a 'step card'? I tried it the other day and quite like them, but not sure where to write on it. Like, inside? on the back? just on the front?

Rainy here this morning, after such a hot day yesterday, I'm appreciating the coolness
Old 08-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #143
Stazon Splitcoast

Nothing exciting going on here either! Spoke to DH this a.m. as usual but the cell cut out halfway thru our conversation. Did manage to hook up again for a minute a or two but it was still an iffy connection. He's in Thunder Bay and the ship is alongside a grain silo and lots of concrete buildings so lots of metal and concrete affecting the signal. Apparently no TV or internet connection either!!

Love the sound of your appy Diane but it seems very labour intensive!! So do I need one of those steam mops? Which one did you get? I need all the help I can get here so everything is not such hard work! Lucky you getting Loretta down for a weekend. That should be a really inspiringly creative time and you can chat as you are creating! She does such beautiful altered pieces as do you and Nancy. Never really gotten into that yet! Say hi to her from me.

Nancy, I wish it would rain here a little too! Maybe tomorrow. I just found yesterday so darn hot and draining. It's pretty warm out there again now, the AC in the suite started up at 7 this a.m. and although I know I have the temperature set quite low, it's a little early for it to have to kick in!! I have all the blinds more or less closed as the sun hits that side of the house first thing and for most of the morning. Step cards, Nancy, ummh the jury is out on that one! Like you say where do you write on it? I would choose the back. Neat for showcasing some cute things for kids, a different kind of card or lots of floral additions to really fill it out.

Robin I'm working on a Scrap swap so apart from using a card base, all the other bits on the card are from my scraps folders/boxes. It would take the next ten years to go thru all the scraps I have and the trouble is you still end up making even more scraps but just smaller pieces!! I'll try to remember to post a couple of the cards (birthday) that I have done so far, next is Christmas and Thank you. Then I also need to do Sympathy and Get Well for another swap and thought I'd continue to use scraps. I know I can make 6 of the exact same colour from the amount of stuff I have! For the Scraps swap, I am using different colours for every couple of cards as it doesn't matter if the cards are not identical. Fortunately I have a lot of my scraps sorted in to folders and 'old' colour families.

Dishwasher is on and I've just realised it's already noon! No wonder I was feeling peckish, I either need a late elevenses snack or some lunch!!

Wonder how Deb's evening went! Bet she's tired!

Enjoy the rest of your day, girls.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #144
Die Cut Diva

I'm here!!! Last night was absolutely awesome! We had so much fun. There were 90+ here (we counted 6 of the 99 that weren't here, but then some showed up that weren't originally coming). So 90 or 100 -- what difference does 10 more make for dinner? Kinda like home on Friday night -- I made supper for Brian and I (something told me to make extra meat) and we ended up having Tyler, Lincoln, Lowen (gave poor pregnant mommy a break), Brandon, Brett, Brian and I. Pretty bad that there was enough for all of us. I still don't know how to cook for 2.

We had 2 employees that celebrated 5 years service, 1 for 10 years, and 1 for 20 years. The 3 each received a cheque from Brian for $5000 each. Our 20 year employee was presented with a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox that I got to purchase this week. It was so much fun. Everybody was so excited. It was so much fun. Only 3 of us knew what was going to happen.

The weather was perfect and the kids had so much fun out here. We have a big playground and it was full of kids all day. They had a blast.

Okay for the swap. For those doing the swaps, these are the numbers you need to make:
Cards - 6 (Denise, Diane, Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
ATC's - 5 (Diane, Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
Inchies - 5 (Diane, Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
3x3's - 4 (Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
NO ENVELOPES PLEASE. We will just all supply our own.

Since Ruth is leaving soon and won't be back until ?? -- if you have them done and mailed to me before you leave, we can hopefully swap out by end of Sept or so. If you don't get them done, then we'll swap out whenever you get back and are able to get to them. How's that for a FIRM deadline I am going to try and do 4 waterfall's. Call me crazy, but I think Ruth is to blame! And yes Robin, the only way I will accept yours is over lunch/dinner/wine/whatever.

Linda is the proud gramma yesterday of a wee 9 lb 3 oz baby boy. Her DIL was 8 days overdue so very ready to have this baby. They are very excited. Our grandbaby is due in just under 2 weeks now. Chelsea certainly does not look like a 9 month pregnant mom with 2 little ones. She is so tiny and looks about 5 months. She feels wonderful. But she does only have 6 lb babies thus far.

Dianne your octopus sounds marvelous. The only time I had it, it was so rubbery it was very hard to chew and so was hard to decide if I liked it with that much work to eat it. But labor intensive, wow!

I vote for a new coat Nancy. Best look your best with Ms. Hoity-Toity -- perm and all! Step-cards I do like but prefer to use them for young kids, or to someone that you don't have to write very much. I write on the insides of mine.

I better scoot. Still have a little clean-up from last night to do. And I would like to wade through some more "stuff" from my mess downstairs. I don't care if it takes me 6 months to sort through. I'm going to take my time. I have no scraps left. The large pieces I gave to Robin for her teenagers, and the rest I tossed. I'm starting with a clean slate. And I give myself permission to throw some of this paper away.
My Gallery

Last edited by I'm Hooked; 08-21-2011 at 12:17 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #145
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb, I should be able to get my stuff done for the swap before I leave. don't actually leave Canada till Sept 19 but could be going to Montreal before then. Whatever way, mine will be with you before end of September even if I have to mail from UK which I have done before when I swapped with Joanne(jostamps)!!

Glad you had a good time last night. Congrats to Linda on her latest grandchild.

Just saw a post from my DD on FB and I'm going to be there when it's the big craft fair in September! Missed it last year by a few days. Not that I need any more stuff!!

Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #146
Mad Swapper

The octopus isn't really a lot of work.There just are steps that need to be done, s'all. It wasn't hard to make the brine and it wasn't hard to pressure cook. The time is what you have to put in. It's not a dish you can whip up in an hour.

Steam mop? I like it as it only uses steam and it also sanitizes. I got it watching the shopping channel on late one night. It was the showstopper I am very vulnerable to ads on tv that air late night. My previous purchase was the In Styler curling hair brush and my hair is much to short to use it right now.

Congrats to Linda, Deb.

And Deb, you and Brian are so kind to your employees. But loyal employees are so hard to find these days. I am sure they are very touched to be recognized like that.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #147
Stazon Splitcoast

It's raining, it's pouring! Just a little cooler though but still extremely mild. The only problem is I am still so warm! Just had a shower but need another one! Don't know why I bothered to dry my hair!! Ah well.

Now to organise the rest of my day! Yeah, right! We'll just go with the flow as usual, nothing pressingly urgent to do so...... who knows what may happen. Actually started on some knitting last night as a change fom stamping. Am knitting some of those hats in the pretty pink colours for Cancer patients who lose their hair. Decided this could be my other project before October. Free patterns at Michaels or online. Also got patterns for scarves in the pretty bobble yarn and the 'fun fur' type yarn. Think Pink for October.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #148
Stazon Splitcoast

Still raining!! Going to get an early night for a change.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #149
Die Cut Diva

Good morning everyone. Has it quit raining yet Ruth? We have some of those clouds this morning. Clouds are ok, rain is not. We have had enough for this year.

I will start working on my swaps this weekend. I have an idea running around in my head, and we will see if it can be done. Wish me luck! I just need to find my 7/8 punch and I can get started.

Deb - way to go on celebrating your employees. It sounds like a hoot, and what a wonderful way to celebrate your long-term employee, you must be doing something right to keep them around.

Diane - Octopus - I saw them cook it on Masterchef. shudder. I'll be checking the menu if I ever have dinner with you.......no funny fish stuff for this prairie girl. On that note, care to try some Prairie Oysters? LOL

Time is ticking and I have to go earn money to buy supplies for the swap.

TTYL
Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 AM   #150
Mad Swapper

It's hot and dry here. I woke up early this morning. Just realised it was because it was too hot and I was sweating. Kinda unusual, I guess since its usually too cold rather than too hot. Today's supposed to be 25oC, which is better than 28 yesterday and 30 on the weekend. Gotta enjoy the last dregs of summer, so no complaints from me.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #151
Stazon Splitcoast

It's dry here today but not sunny as yet. I'm enjoying the cooler morning!

Found my 7/8" punch but can't find my 1" one!!! Now to choose the stamp sets and colours because apart from that I know what I am doing for each category.

Slow start to the morning but I'll get going in a while! Have a good day, everyone.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #152
Die Cut Diva

Just checking in. Not much to contribute today, so just lurking.
My Gallery
Old 08-24-2011, 05:14 AM   #153
Die Cut Diva

Good morning. A slow start this morning. I was up too late last night. Staff meeting today. They can go sideways fast so I need my wits about me.

I might have to do a formal discipline on a staff. As I understood it she swore at someone yesterday, so she will be in trouble yet again.

I think I need some retail therepy, run my hands through some ribbon and feel up some paper.

Enjoy your day ladies, it is a beautiful morning.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #154
Mad Swapper

Robin, sounds like it might be a superfun day for you, what with a staff meeting and all- not.If you're aiming for retail therapy, maybe fabric might do the job. Those minkee blankets are a wonderful promise of fall.

Nothing exciting to report here other than it is going to be a hot day here : 28oC

Woke up with 3 charlie horses in my left calf... must reach for the potassium source to stop this. Anyone have any other suggestions for leg cramps?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh dear, Robin, good luck with the staff meeting and the person with the offensive mouth! Why do they think it's acceptable to use bad language in the office workplace?

Diane, I think our drs used to give Quinine bisulphate to 'older' people with nightly leg cramps. Apart from that the only other thing is to check out online what to do for muscle cramps! Maybe something to do with the heat and 'gently glowing' more.

Nothing much happening around here though I should maybe go and make something happen! Still cooler again this morning but if it's anything like yesterday it will turn into a really lovely day.

Take care everyone.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #156
Die Cut Diva

Hi ladies. A rather domestic day for me here. I'm in the process of making zucchini relish. A family favorite here. Very labor intensive tho'. I'm doing a 4xrecipe. Started at 8 am and will be done about 10 pm. Need to run to town and pick up some more peppers as I didn't buy enough for 4 batches (only 2).

Had to buy some Euro today as well. I knew I should have bought it earlier when it was $1.37/1 Euro. Today I had to pay $1.44/1 Euro. Ouch! That adds up real quick.

Off to town.
My Gallery
Old 08-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #157
Stazon Splitcoast

Was up really early, not that I wanted to be! Just couldn't sleep. Too much 'garbage' going around in my head! So I sat quietly and knitted for a while and finished my third 'chemo' cap(think pink) in as many days. It's surprising how quickly they knit up with an hours effort here and there. Now I just need to sew them up and tidy any ends.

Deb, you're so organised. Haven't made any stuff like that in years but it is so satisfying when it's done. Your family are definitely spoilt and I mean that in the nicest way possible! Bummer on the Euro!

Seems as though it will be a lovely day again. Nothing definite planned but maybe lunch with one of my friends if her work week is not too hectic. She's a funeral director and what looks like a quiet day can change very quickly so it's difficult to plan anything for certain. Fortunately I can be flexible timewise so it's not a problem for me.

Must check up on holidays, is this weekend a long weekend? Seem to remember something about Labour Day or is that next weekend? This girl in Save-on Foods was trying to sell me a turkey yesterday on a special offer! Not sure why she thought I'd need a 15lb turkey!! Still it made me smile

Need to go, coffee is calling my name. Take care, girls.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #158
Glitter Guru

Hello out there been a few days.

Deb, you are just too kind to that staff, lol, great gifts! Sounds like a wonderful time.

My friend has a steam mop and she quite likes it.

Robin, I agree with Diane on the blanket thing---they turn anyone to butter

Diane sometimes I get foot/leg cramps, it seems to make a difference when I eat my yogurt on a regular basis. I haven't had an all-out charlie horse in quite a long while, they really make you sit up and take notice. Throw some banana in that yogurt

I tripped yesterday and landed on my butt and back. It wasn't a really nasty fall, one of the little tykes at daycare was right behind me and I tried to avoid knocking him down and landing on him. Hurt my tailbone, shoulder blades and one hand, good thing it was on grass! Anyway, shoulders and hand are better today and I'm being careful when sitting and walking.

So it's time to get off the computer, good night all
Old 08-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #159
Mad Swapper

It's Friday and so I am ecstatic. And Loretta comes to visit today. And it's not going to be too, too hot so another reason to celebrate.

Nancy, I hope the fall doesn't take its toll on you, especially so soon to your trip.

Yeah, I might want to start introducing some bananas back into my diet. Along with other things like carbs. Been avoiding them for 3 weeks. Been at a standstill as well.

I think Loretta and I will be visiting Paper Pastimes and other Scrapbooking places in Calgary. I also think we might be visiting My Sewing Room, the candystore of quilters.
We shall see...

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #160
Glitter Guru

Oh, that sounds like so much FUN Diane I was just looking at the ad on top of this page with the stamping bellas--the one with the girls at the sushi place---so cute!

Taking it easy today, what's new I mean really easy!