Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #601
Stazon Splitcoast

HEY!!! You guys are back to chatting on here! I wondered what happened to everyone.. then stumbled on the Red Deer event.. and decided to see if you guys were chatting!

HELLO!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #602
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Tamara

We don't chat as often as we used to but we still 'pop' in occasionally! Don't post all on FB as too many family and friends would see what I say!

Still in the UK until Monday then it's back to Montreal for a few days depending on what DH is doing. Would be nice to be in one place for longer than a few weeks!!!

Need a glass of ine, will have to check what BIL has in the fridgefor this evening's meal.

Take care girls!

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 06-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #603
Mad Swapper

Hi, Tamara!

I should have sent you the notice regarding Kramer's Pond earlier!

Happy birthday to Miss P. How she has grown.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #604
Stazon Splitcoast

No worries!!

Paisley just had her 4th birthday! Julia will be 1 in less than a month.. time has been flying. I'm making an effort to stamp more often, but spend most of my crafty time crocheting.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #605
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Hello ladies - how's it going?

Tamara! Good to see you again! Hope the little ones are treating you well!

Nancy: No Grand Calibar. I did a bunch of shopping on our trip, but didn't come across one at all.

Lucked out and found some sales. One Jo-annes was clearing out because they were moving, so major sales going on. Martha Stewart punchs were on discount all over so I picked up a good selection. Plus paper stacks were on sale a few places so quite a few found their way home. The 'travel' version of the fiskars cutters were on sale for buy one get a second for 50% off so I picked up those as well. Add some rolls of Aida cloth for $1 each after all the discounts and a baby quilt kit for $10 and I think I am ready for some serious crafting!

The trip was good. We discovered that if we don't do some planning we found ourselves bickering (well, I would get all anxious and he would get impatient) so we had to do some modifications to our trip. One place I would recommend to see is Helena Montana, and be sure to take the tours. Helena's history is fascinating.

I'm looking forward to our next get together.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #606
Matboard Maniac

Wow sounds like you cleaned up Robyn! And to get those treasures on sale is even better!
Planning? Yes, well, impatient men are not that good to deal with, either drown 'em or duck tape thier mouths and hands together I say!!! Or stay home!
NOw that I am back at Scrapbooker's Paradise I really have to learn how to keep my hnads in my pockets, no touchy! only drooling is allowed...gosh there are some cute things tho ~
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #607
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies

Sounds like you're all having fun! Robin, you sure cleaned up with all those bargains while you were away!! Can't find anywhere within easy reaching distance with bargains like that. QC is expensive compared to AB and even BC!! Anyway need to sort out all my stuff when I do eventually get back home if I'm there long enough to do so.

Finding it very hot and humid here in Montreal, will be glad to get back to BC even if it rains again!! Would be even more glad to get back to the UK whatever the weather. Missing my little DGS and his parents.

Had a lovely email from my DIL to say she has moved in with the guy she has been dating and he's asked her to marry him and she's accepted! She was so worried about what we were going to feel but honestly I am just happy that she has been able to move on and find some happiness again in her life. Next time in the UK, she wants us to meet him. Honestly I feel honoured that she still considers us as family. Of course it's a little sad that it make things final and there are a few mixed feelings but we have to be realistic in accepting what happened cannot be changed. Better get some craft stuff out and make her a card!! That in itself will be therapeutic.

Can't believe your young lady is already 4, Tamara, and that Julia is coming up to a year old!! They are both so cute and pretty! How quickly time passes, it hardly seems that long ago you were telling me you were pregnant with Paisley when we at one of the Edmonton or Calgary get togethers!!

DH will be back from work soon so I'd better get off here. TTYL. Take care, people!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #608
Matboard Maniac

HI Ruth ~
What mixed feelings you must have with your DIL moving on...but so nice she still keeps you and Rex close in her heart. Thoughtful of you to ensure she is comfortable too! OH my why does life have to be this complicated sometimes!!!
We sure missed you at Kramer's Pond, it was a great weekend, and even better than the crafting and the creating was the Krazy Peoples!! Sure hope you can come to our next wing ding!

take care and stay cool out there!
Gayle
Old 06-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #609
Die Cut Diva

Ruth - hopefully you like him... but then I know you will treat him well. He must be a sweety if he is going to meet you.

Gayle, what are you doing back at scrapbookers? What night do you work next week so I can come for a personal tour? Haha

All is well. Just got the garden in today. I know it is late, but we are gratefully for anything. I am hoping I can keep Brody out of it.

Rick is settled down in the basement for a TV session (and a nap) so I am off to my room to wrestle some Thangles.

Hugs
Old 06-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #610
Die Cut Diva

If your DIL chose your son Ruth, I'm sure she chose well now too. I am sure you will like him. It is difficult for life to carry on sometimes, but it is good that it can. My SIL is not yet dating, or even thinking about it yet, I don't think. I hope that she will sometime.

Gayle -- you are definitely full of surprises! I love Scrapbooker's, but the last few times I went to the one in Red Deer, the shelves were pretty empty -- so haven't been back for a while now. Maybe I should get in there and take a look again. And leave my wallet at home -- since I am still NOT buying. However, I did get two really nice Nestabilities with my 50% M's coupon.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 06-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #611
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies. Another day of vacation here and it feels pretty good.

Time to go pick out a bed for my room in Edmonton. Elise is moving into her new apartment and it has 2 bedrooms, so I am setting one up for me. Then I can go see my girl when I want to and I have a weekend get-a-way for shopping. She bought the bedding a few weeks ago and gets possession on the weekend so the time is close.

I worked on a quilt top yesterday. Might even get it done soon. It is a thangles quilt so I am very tired of half-square triangles. It is the second one I have done. The first one still needs to be quilted, so I am thinking come fall I will do them both.

On a completely different subject can anyone point me to the Tim Holtz online classes?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #612
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, ladies, appreciate all your thoughts.

Gayle, hopefully next year I'll be at the AB weekend, sounds like you all had a great time! I did enjoy my godson's wedding though. A lovely day weatherwise, not too hot and the forecast rain only started just as they were finishing up their outdoor photographs. Loads of their friends at the wedding so it was really an energy filled day!! All those young people!! Now to prepare for the next UK trrip to the next wedding. Travelling back to BC tomorrow, not sure how long I'll be staying though. lol

Thankfully it's a little cooler here in Montreal today but the forecast rain and possible thunderstorms haven't yet materialised. As long as the thunder and lightening doesn't affect my flights tomorrow, I'll be happy. Couldn't get a direct flight with aeroplan so am going via Ottawa, never been in that airport before. At least I get to wait for the connecting flight in the Maple Leaf lounge, some benefits to being a frequent flyer!

Suppose I'd better go check out and slightly rearrange the contents of my suitcases so it's a little more balanced. It's a provincial holiday here in Quebec so there are dozens of people wandering around and very few places open! DH is catching up on a little work as he'll need a couple of hours off tomorrow to take me to the airport. Where we are presently staying is extremely convenient for his office so he can quite literally pop back to the hotel in a couple of minutes.

Take care, everyone and hug the ones you love.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #613
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning ~

At least it's a brighter sunnier day in Calgary today, we saw enough rain last weekend to last us a bit and now the lawn is so long it hides the cat when he lies down in it!!!!

Ruth, at KP, we all talked about the fun and enjoyment of our weekend get-a-ways and everyone decided, or chatted about the number of different types of places out there to go and scrapbook for a weekend. So it is a bit of a mission with all of us to see what's available in under 1.5 hours drive. Also we all said we would like to get together more than once a year so we will try about once a quarter or so and see how it goes. As you probably can see in Sept Deb has so kindly offered up her house so we will chat then and see when the next time is everyone wants to get together and we will keep you in the loop to see if you can make any of those dates. Missed you last time.

Robyn - Tim Holtz classes, sorry I promised you those pages from the Chemistry 101, I will definately try to get my rear in gear to send them to you. But check out his site and see what on line classes there are. I think (not really sure) that the Chemistry 101 may have been his last. Feel free to pop in and check it out under my email address and password is threegirlsscrap.

Robyn as for Scrapbooker's I am working Tues/Thurs night after work at AHS and a day every other weekend. It's nice to be back in there with all the product and I love the girls there so it's a win win.

Yes Deb the shelves at SP are somewhat bare I agree! The owner, is not reordering to the same degree as she did before. Nervous about stock levels. Find out what day is Stock day for Red Deer - it's every four weeks on a Wednesday. Actually they get a shipment every Wednesday, generally the new stuff. So watch on thier Website for when the CHA stuff starts to arrive and make Wed & Thurs a visit day. If you go to their website you can see what product is arriving each week from what vendor. The Summer CHA stuff will start to arrive in July and then come hot and heavy Aug & Sept. Any time right before CHA is always slim for product. Also watch the sale stuff as that changes every Tuesday. Everything moves from 25% to 50% to 75% each month so there are great deals to be had!

I had a project this weekend (good thing actually it was raining) I had to make 35 cards for work. No problem... I thought as I was doing all these individual ones and realized it was going to take alot longer than I thought so I quite the personalization and just went for volume!!! But wow it was alot of work but nice to emerse myself in my room, which has now expanded into two rooms!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Calgary Cowpoke; 06-25-2012 at 08:37 AM..
Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #614
Die Cut Diva

Another pretty morning here full of promise.

DS received his blue book's back from the Apprenticeship board so that means he is a full fledged journeyman lines man. I am so proud.

Got my bed for Elise's, pillows, duvet, etc. I am spending the weekend with her this weekend to set her up a bit. The major move isn't until the 21st.

Ruth I hope you have safe travels today. I know you will be OK in Ottawa, it is a nice little airport, much better than Toronto.

Gayle-i might just come and see you one evening. B and I might need a road trip for ice cream.

Today is errands around town, and more work on my quilt top. I am also itching to get working with the papers I brought from vacation....so chores while the sun shines the crafting when the clouds arrive.

Hugs...
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #615
Matboard Maniac

Robin ~ Please let that B=Brody and not Betty!!!

Good for Michael a wonderful future awaits, and no Robin you cant have his house!

A home away from home ...nice...where will Brody's bed be?

Robin if you and "The B" are thinking of a road trip check that I am there as it should be T&T but it's not always, this week only Thursday, goofy schedule at times!

Enjoy the vacation!

Happy and safe travels Ruth!

Last edited by Calgary Cowpoke; 06-26-2012 at 08:13 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #616
Rubber Obsessor

Gee I haven't been on this site for ages but I still remember some names on here..From my swapping days...Hi Ladies..Greetings from Winnipeg
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #617
Die Cut Diva

Hi ms_stamp & scrap. I pop on everyday but often don't post (I guess that usually means not much is happening in my life). But it is nice for folks to keep somewhat in touch. Pop in any time. What is your first name?

Hope all is good with everyone today. Robin, are you working from home this week? Your holiday sounds like it was one I would love to have been on as well!

Ruth - so happy you had another nice trip to England. And another one soon. How nice that you can see your grandson so often.

Thanks for the info on SP Gayle. Now to arrange shopping days as well I'm so out of the loop I didn't even realize that Tim Holtz had on-line classes. I love his work -- it is right up my alley!

Nice to hear from you Tams. Your little girls are such sweethearts. You're doing a fine job raising them. I see your updates on FB.

Hi Diane.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 06-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #618
Mad Swapper

Hello, Deb!

Canada Day this Sunday already-- how quickly the summer is starting to whizz by. At least we are getting a bit more sun. Hope that summer lasts forever (I can hope, can't I?)

ms stamp and scrap, yes, do refresh our memories... who are you? (lol)
Old 06-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #619
Die Cut Diva

Lol.....'b' is definately be Body. Thought it is an entertaining thought for Betty and I making the trip, it would take a week and the good stuff would all be gone when I got there.

Still on vacation with another week to go. Am loving my time off. A little too much I am afraid. I am making headway on my quilt. I was doing it for a niece, but it might just be perfect with Elise's new couch so I have a decision to make later. I just have to decide between flannel and minkie for the back.

Ms_S's - nice to see you again. Maybe I need a swap to make me put away the rotary cutter and take out the pop dots......or do this week's tutorial. That looks cool.

Enjoy the day ladies. I am off to my room until it is time for the morning walk.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #620
Die Cut Diva

I'm off to the rodeo today in Ponoka. But need to scoot into Red Deer this morning first. I'm taking Lincoln, the 4 year old gs, with me this afternoon. Then Dana wants to go to the chuckwagons with me tonight. I'm not a rodeo person, but I am rather enjoying this!

I worked at the Mid-Am golf tournament for the past two days at Wolf Creek GC. Wow, can those guys play golf. Yesterday I had the leaderboard for the top three golfers after the first two rounds. They can sure hit a ball. It was fun.
My Gallery
Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #621
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls!

It's the usual damp summer weather here although not actually raining at the moment, not sunny either! Still trying to recover my eqilibrium and energy after the last few weeks away. Trouble is we may have to go travelling sooner than anticipated as one of my elderly aunts died a couple of days ago. Unfortunately classed as a sudden death although it was expected but she was found by one of her carers when she called for her early morning visit. One of my other cousin's husbands is dealing with everything as he is the executor. As she did not have any children of her own (I'm the eldest niece) and we intended travelling to the UK mid to late July anyway, I would quite like to be there.

Happy to see everyone is busy and enjoying their 'Summer'! Hopefully we get a little sunshine here over the long weekend. Have a good Canada day, everyone.

I think ms_stamp & scrap (?Selina) means SCS site rather than our thread as I don't remember anyone with that SCS name being on our other threads! Anyway, welcome and pop in whenever you feel like it, Selina. We're not as often on here ourselves since FB reared its ugly head!! Not done any swaps for ages either. I think swapping was how most of us got to 'know' one another. I've been lucky enough to meet up with most of these ladies in AB at different stamping/scrapbooking weekends organised by a couple of these lovely AB girls.

DH will be home on Monday, at last! Won't know what to do or where to start after all this time away from BC. Bet the first place he wants to go will be the Shake and Shingle pub!!!!

Better go get my a** into gear and finish the laundry and putting away of all the things out of my suitcases. Need to rearrange a few areas in my office/craft room before I can start any stamping though. Would like to make a few cards just for my own use and not for someone else for a change. My SIL and I actually found making all her DS and DIL wedding stationary quite time consuming. We had one very demanding taskmaster in her DIL. She's quite an organising young lady, not good at delegating or even thinking other people might actually know better than her because of age and experience!! It'll come once she has kids!! So now we are both doing stuff for us. lol

Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #622
Matboard Maniac

Happy Canada Day weekend everyone! Have fun and be safe and watch the crazies on the road!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #623
Stazon Splitcoast

Enjoy the weekend, ladies! Hopefully the rain here will stop so people an get out with their families seeing it's supposed to be summer! Not exactly BBQ weather today.

Had a nice supper with my cousin last evening, her DH was at the BC Lions game so we had a nice natter and catch up on the family news! It's ages since we got together as they were away then I left before we had chance to catch up with each other.

Need to get some tidying up done and a birthday present delivered to a sweet 9 year old today. She's like her Mom, very craft oriented so getting pressies for her is easy. Also anything pink goes down well too, a very girly girl!

Take care and watch out for 'idiots' on the road, they seem to come out in droves on holiday weekends.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #624
Glitter Guru

Happy Canada Day, eh?

It's lovely and warm up here when the sun shines, but we are getting a lot mixed days--mostly sun today!

I've opted out of going to Barkerville with my kids so very peaceful and they need their own family time! They move into their house on Tuesday

Robin, glad to hear you are enjoying your holidays!

Ruth, sorry about your Aunt. Hopefully you can enjoy some more time with the families.
Have a nice time at the Shake and Shingle hope you have sunshine like us today!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #625
Stazon Splitcoast

No sunshine here yesterday until the evening! It was patchy rain during most of the day. At least it was dry when I went out for an hour or so! Another grey start to the day but it will be brighter later, DH arrives in Vancouver at lunch time!!

Better get a wriggle on and do a little tidying before he gets here, not that it'll last once he's home and spreads all his stuff everywhere!!

Have a good week ladies and enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #626
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies. I feel like I partied all weekend. It will be a quiet day today. B and I will be staying close to the craft room. He was out camping and horseback riding all weekend so he is one pooped puppy and won't be nagging me for a walk until tomorrow i imagine.

I will be making a special b'day card for ds's gf. They are taking us moms out for sushi next weekend for her b'day. Now I just have to think of a gift.

I think I will cruise the gallery for something special.

Ruth-how long are you planning to be in the UK this time? Is dh staying for a holiday too?

Nancy-so the kids have arrived! I bet you are happy.

Off to enjoy the peace and quiet of the day.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #627
Die Cut Diva

Thankfully finished our golf game -- now just sitting here listening to the thunder and seeing the lightning -- as now the hail has stopped. I'm really thinking Arizona in July is going to be in the cards. I WANT HEAT!!!!!
My Gallery
Old 07-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #628
Die Cut Diva

I phoned the AC guy to come do some regular maintenance, and he asked if I really thought I would need it this year. I told him I was a fifty-something woman, I always needed the AC.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #629
Die Cut Diva

haha - good one Robin. Bet he even chuckled with you.
My Gallery
Old 07-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #630
Glitter Guru

AC, no-no! I turned on my furnace this morning, lol. However, this afternoon it warmed some and I have doors and windows open, lovely out. Maybe nicer tomorrow!
Kids are moved and set up in their new home it is quite lovely, a beautiful kitchen-lots of gorgeous cupboards, not a large living room but they will have the family room downstairs. They have about 3/4 of an acre, mostly grass but bush close by, doe and fawn in the back yard! They won't be planting any cedars

More family coming at the end of the month, just for a few days. I'm hoping to get more crafting in before that!

I've ordered a Grand Calibur, should have it in two week, I can hardly wait!

Hope everyone is having a good week
Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #631
Mad Swapper

Happy birthday, Debbie!

It's finally starting to get hot here. part of me wants it to remains coolish but I have to say I am enjoying the heat somewhat, especially since the AC at work is bone-chillingly cold.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #632
Die Cut Diva

Nancy, you are getting the Grand Calibar......you will have to give me a product report. I ordered a big shot from SU that should be here by the end of the month. Time to trade up from my cuttlebug. I like the stability of the big shot.

Deb-the AC guy didn't have much of a sense of humor.

Diane-i have learned that with our home AC it is better to leave the house about 2 degrees warmer than with heat to avoid that 'chilled' feeling and shock when I go outside. I hate that feeling that I have to go outside to warm up.

Much nicer day today. Household chores today. I have another goal of 2 more quilt blocks today. I have decided to 'quilt as I go' on it, so now I have to plan the back too. Better do that today so I can go to the store tomorrow and look for thread and backing.

Haven't planned my Halloween bags yet. Should stop into M's and check out their plain bags. I need about 100. Anyone know a good place?

Better run. Enjoy the day ladies.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #633
Glitter Guru

Happy Birthday Debbie hope you are having a wonderful day!!

Beautiful blue sky and sunshine here...all doors and windows open, so a lovely breeze blowing through

Have a good one Ladies
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #634
Die Cut Diva

Thanks ladies. I had a wonderful day. Brian took the day off from work (gasp!!) and took me to Calgary. We stopped in Innisfail and had lunch with his dear, dear Auntie. We took the Corvette, with the top down, and just cruised. He surprised me by taking me to Canada Olympic Park and we rode the zip-line from the top of the ski jump -- holy schmoly, is that ever high. It was wonderful. We also had purchased tickets to ride the bobsled, but the lightning started and so were not able to. They were going to refund our money, but we said "no". If we take a credit we will go back and ride -- if we take the money, we probably wouldn't. Then off to the Keg in Calgary for supper. One of the twins joined us for dinner. It was a wonderful day.

Hope all is well with everyone. I have the big shot too Robin, but still love my little CB.
My Gallery
Old 07-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #635
Mad Swapper

Deb, You took the zipline! Wow! Did you enjoy it? And bobsledding? Yikes!! Daredevils, you lot
Sounds like a wonderful day, except for the lightning part. Sounds like a fabulous day with those you love.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #636
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!

Not quite so bright and sunny here but the sun has come up over the trees yet! Think it's going to be another scorcher but not as hot as Quesnel, Nancy!!

Went to a 'New Catty kick off' party last night at my cousin's house. Lots of ladies were selling off their retired SU sets, accessories etc! Quite a variety of goodies but I resisted the temptation to pick up stamps I had not bought originally but I did get a variety of ribbon! One of the girls(a demo) was selling off loads of different ribbons in 1 yard lengths so that was a neat idea. We also did 3 make 'n take cards with new sets and stuff from the new catty. One with the new In Colours. I reserve judgement on those!! I have one new set on my list though! Better get on the SU site and think about my next order before I go travelling.

Quietly plodding along here getting a few more things sorted and attempting to reduce clutter! At least I now have a workable space for crafting. Found a whole loads of gifts I'd bought for family here but the trouble is the birthdays are already gone!! Must remember when it comes to Christmas where I have put them!!!! DH is also getting used to being back and finding little projects for himself to do, shame it's not the ones that are on my list though!!! lol

Our DGS apparently had a wonderful birthday. They had a party at Clip and Climb, where the kids can try out all sorts of climbing and other activites. Can you imagine 10 x 5 - 6 year olds in one adventure space like that!! They get so excited and enthusiastic but fortunately trained people do the supervising so it makes for an easier party for Mum. It also wears them out so I'm sure a few other Mums were happy that their offspring were invited.

Better go, brekkie time and the second cup is calling. Take care, ladies and enjoy the coming weekend.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #637
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a definite job to do today! Got to get the air con in my car fixed! Not sure what has happened but the air definitely is not as cold as it should be and with the heat yesterday afternoon, I just about 'melted'!! If I don't get it sorted will have to take DH's SUV instead when I go out.

Flights booked for the UK, got a good deal(and its not Air Transat!) so happy with that and so is DH. It was worth 15 minutes on the phone with one very helpful lady! Even Air Canada couldn't compete with British Airways this time and usually there's only $5 or so difference!

Time to get my btm out of this chair and get on with the things that need to be done today. Have a good day, safe travels and enjoy the sunshine wherever you are.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #638
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies, enjoying summer?

Ruth, how much longer before dh goes back to work?

Mine comes home for 6 days then is gone for another 3 weeks. It is shaping up to be a quiet summer.

I am supposed to be going for lunch with DS, his gf, and gf's mother. Now to find out what time. Until then I may just wander around my craft room and pick away at things. Tomorrow is the big cooking day. Dh has ordered 40 meals for next week. Good thing I have this down pat.

Ttys
Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #639
Glitter Guru

Good grief summer is moving right along! And, summer it sure is, what gorgeous weather! A bit warm, but cool at night thank goodness
My A/C is in. I get up in the morning and open up everything--it's so nice and cool, but by 5 or so it's getting warm, so on with the a/c.

My friend has a large blow up pool in her yard so I've been down to use that and what a great thing it is! Awesome place to cool off and get a good chat on too

I've looked at the new SU! catty and there isn't anything much that I want. I have ordered a few digi images on line, some free---some not. I'm seriously thinking of taking my wood stamps apart, simply because of storage. Does anyone here have experience in doing that?
I've been sorting thru things and trying to pick out some things for a garage sale. My Grand Caliber is in--picking it up tomorrow Be giving it a try right away so will let you know how it goes!

Diane, I tried those little African Crochet flowers, on Pinterest, using crochet cotton and they are really quite pretty I'm going to do enough of them to make my two Granddaughters a little doily for their rooms. It would be beautiful for a full-out afghan, but that's not going to happen, lol.

Hope you are all having a great week. I have 3 Grandkids today so better get a move on
Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #640
Mad Swapper

It has been so humid the last few days, I have been hibernating as much as I can. I refuse to get AC since those summer days are so short.

Good for you, Nancy, trying the afgan crochet flowers. I also want to try the heart bunting but I am in the midst of finishing several quilts and I did get me a new sewing machine so it may be fall before I attempt some crochet (gotta find my whole swack of needles first.

I think I gotta go jump into the shower to cool off.

D