Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #561
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Gayle!

I took myself on a little drive out to Harrison Hot Springs as it was soo beautiful here today. 23C on the car thermometer on the way back! Had my windows in the house open all day to let the fresh air blow thru. It may be raining tomorroaw and in the summer it will be too hot!!!

Can't believe it's two years today since our son died. sometimes it seems like just 5 minutes ago and sometimes it feels like it happened a lifetime ago. The Golf Club where he played is holding a yearly Memorial trophy tournament in his name in a couple of weeks time. They are such a great bunch of guys, ordinary, hardworking, down to earth but who are as passionate about chasing a little white ball around a golf course as Simon was! They are also organising another tournament this next weekend for the British Heart Foundation. It's so pleasing to see he did have quite an influence on a lot of people and they are doing things like this to honour his memory.

Time for an early night I think. Didn't sleep too well last night. Take care, ladies and have a good week.

Word for January 2014 : Hope
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #562
Die Cut Diva

I was thinking of you and your son Simon yesterday, Ruth. I knew the anniversary date was soon. The time does go by so quickly. It will be 3 years for us since we lost David on the 19th -- and it was 3 years for Dad in February. It feels like yesterday still to me.

Food overload - yes. I haven't eaten like this for so long, that I don't feel real well. I didn't follow my program all winter in Arizona -- but did manage to maintain (and even lost a little more than 5 pounds). I think I got all 5 back from Easter. I weigh in on Thursday, so will hopefully be back at it. I don't have too far now to my goal, so need to just "get 'er done".

I'm looking forward to the Retreat in June. It will be so nice to see some of you again. Boy, a year really goes fast.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 04-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #563
Mad Swapper

Hugs, Ruth, Deb. Taking the time to remember those gone before us is a good way to honour them. I am looking forward to seeing all in June too.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #564
Matboard Maniac

Thinking of you Ruth and sending good thoughts your ways. Hug the memories!

I had to take to the tread mill last night as I realized the chocolate bunnies had adhered themselves to my hips!!! Oh why does chocolate have to taste so darn good!

Have a good day!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #565
Mad Swapper

I must be PMSing. I went out on Tuesday and bought 10$ of chocolate, some of them left overs from Easter. Must ration myself- maybe I will freeze the chocolates and then find them three years from now when I clean out the freezer
Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #566
Matboard Maniac

Chocolate will do that too you!!!

(Quietly says the voice of experience....)
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

Chocolate! Why do you all have to talk about chocolate!! Now I want some and have none left in my little stash! Will have to go out and replenish it tomorrow. lol

Been busy creating and crafting as we head into the last week before our Hospice Gala! Spent quite a lot of time working out how to resize the images I need for my cards. Unfortunately I opened the images in the wrong program but eventually figured out the easy way to do what I needed. Had our last committee meeting this evening before the actual event although we will all be getting together over the weekend to package all our gifts for the Silent Auction. Our donors are so generous.

I see it's after midnight and I think I'd better call it a day. Take care, ladies.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #568
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Good morning ladies - just kicking back having a coffee....DD is here for the weekend. She is helping DS move into his house. It is nice to have her company again this weekend. I do miss her being close.

Work is busy, and I feel like I need a couple of days in solitude just to get my creative mojo going. I was looking at the Grand Caliber on Spellbinders, and was thinking that might be a nice addition for scrapbooking. Especially since I only have the regular size Cricut. Has anyone seen it in person?

More light snow today. I think DS has a covered Uhaul to work with, so that will make it easier for them. Thank goodness I have put my foot down and said I wasn't helping. I am going out with my High School girlfriends for lunch instead.

Thinking good thoughts of all of you.....
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #569
Die Cut Diva

Quiet day around here today for me. Finished "decluttering" my kitchen. Woohoo, I actually have a couple of empty cupboards. I am really tired of "stuff". I'm in the china cabinet now -- how on earth did all this stuff that has no business being in a china cabinet end up in there!! It feels really good to deal with all this "stuff"

I went to the post office today to mail your swaps, Diane, Ruth and Denise. For Diane and Ruth -- would you mind if I used a different envelope to mail out your swaps. Not a bubble one. If I use the bubble envelopes that you provided for me, it is going to cost over $12 each to mail. That is absurd!!! If I use a regular 8 1/2 x 11 one, the cost is just over $2 each. Let me know what you would prefer.

I have a free night tonight -- Brian flies to Winnipeg tonight, has a meeting tomorrow morning, then flies home tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to a card class at Linda's.

Went to visit my sick grandbabies this morning. Poor Chelsea didn't get much sleep last night. Little Pyper can't breathe when she lays down -- so she doesn't sleep either. Hopefully it won't last too long.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #570
Mad Swapper

Deb, no worries regarding the return envelope. Remind me to return some stamps to you for the extra postage. I just discovered that I love hoarding unused stamps and found a big box full of stamps I have bought over the years. You can definitely see the progression of the rise in postage costs as I have stamps that were only 39 cents
Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #571
Die Cut Diva

I had lunch with Deb last week and got my swaps. You are such a talented bunch!

I'm enjoying a week with Rick here for company. It is a nice change, and we are trying to learn to cook together. Now that is proving interesting.

Yucky weather today, but we are off tonight for Rick to see Mike's new house.

Ttys
Old 04-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #572
Pearl-ExPert

Got my beautiful swaps today. Thank you all so much.
I have been thinking of all of you with your remembrance anniversaries. We have had a few of them too.
Haven't been to talkative lately. Lots of family stuff going on...
I sure hope you are all well.sending you my love.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #573
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb, the swaps came a day or two ago, thank you! Nice cards, ladies, some great ideas to copy.

Been around but not too much online as I've had to finish all the cards for Hospice. Our Gala was a great success and such fun. Really the best out of the 7 we've held and my fellow board member and decorator on our committee really ought to be an event organiser. She makes something out of nothing, she has such vision. Just the finishing touches to a few cards and I'm done!! Thank goodness!

May be off to Montreal next week since the person in Montreal won't come back here till the end of May! Not so far to fly to UK but I will have to change all my flights aagghhhh!
Can't tell you how many times I change travel plans even when I think I've got it all sorted! Seems have always been the story of my life with my DH. Suppose I can't say life is boring!!!!

Been thinking about everyone and their anniversaries too. Sometimes it's hard to realise that those special people aren't around anymore. However life goes on and we have to do the best with it that we can.

Just spoke to DD and our little DGS got a 'pupil of the week' award and is so pleased with himself!! Mum, dad and his grandparents are very proud too! Also he's going to get put into the fast track group for his tennis as he's got terrific hand eye coordination and natural topspin on the ball according to the coach at their tennis club! So basically he's had a very good week!

Need to get off here and go check out flights from Montreal to UK and even flights to Montreal! Take care ladies and have a good weekend.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #574
Glitter Guru

Seems like I haven't been here in ages--time is sure flying! My friends' son passed away from brain cancer, he hung on for over a year. Such a sad time. Ruth I didn't realize it's been that long for your son too. So glad for the memories.

Robin, I'm thinking of the grande caliber too, I have a couple of the large nesties and love them, but only the narrower ones fit my cuttlebug. The only thing that may be a concern---I thought when the plates come out after cutting, there is no platform. I watched a video and it seemed to work, but not sure and I don't know anyone who has one. I like to make books and wanted to use the larger nesties

Well, Easter came and went and yes...I felt over-stuffed for a couple of days! Loved having the families here. They left and last week one family came back for a few more days They are still house hunting!

I'm going to Williams Lake next weekend to a scrap get-together. I'm actually taking some things to scrap photos from Scotland---we'll see how that goes I won a couple of sketch books on a blog hop---I think it's a sign that I need to get with the scrapbooking!

Have a great weekend Ladies
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #575
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning!
Hope everyone had a good weekend and there was some garden time in there...well not only did I find weeds but muscles as well...ouch this morning!

Got some time in my craft room yesterday for a few cards...took some old big floral watercolored stickers and made some great quick cards...it always amazes me what neat things I can find in my stash of old stuff...so I ask you...what new do I really need????

Yet...that said...I did notice at Scrapbooker's there are new "Sketch " books in which are wonderful design books for scrapbook pages and cards when the ideas of inspiration just arent coming to the party...they have really updated a bunch of stuff and there were some good ideas, makes me want to get some pages done!

Have a good day all !
Old 04-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #576
Die Cut Diva

I just need a little mojo. However, I did make 60 invitations this weekend for a bridal shower that I'm helping to put on. I did keep them quite simple, but they look really nice.

We moved our daughter Dana home this weekend as well. She put her house on the market the first week of April and within about 4 days it was final -- and she had to be out for May 1st. So home, she came. Which is good, as her new hair salon is in Lacombe and no point in commuting from Red Deer.
My Gallery
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #577
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy May Day, ladies! Can you believe it's May 1 already?!!

Made some progress yesterday and got all my flights rebooked. Such a lovely AC agent who talked me through everything with great patience and calm. Now I'm just hoping the pilots don't take more sick days and disrupt any of the flights I'm on. Very selfish I know but surely they must realise it's returning passengers that keep them in a job!

Also got my pieces cut for the 110 thank you cards my future niece in law wants for after their wedding. Did get a whole load of ribbons tied last night so today, it's on to the embossing part of the task so these cards match the invites and orders of service.

Received the other invite for my nieces wedding in the mail yesterday so I need to make a nice card for her too. Couple of birthdays coming up just after I leave but have done those cards already! Must get a masculine one done for DH's b/day towards the end of the month. Need an image from my cousin for the card I want to make. Too many flowers and not enough 'male' stamps!

I do hope the rest of you are getting better weather than here! It's wet again and actually quite chilly simply because it's so damp. Much cooler in Montreal than when I was there last too.

Sorry to hear about your friend's son, Nancy. That must have been so hard for her to watch the slow deterioration of her precious boy. You're right, thank goodness for the memories especially the good ones. Enjoy having your family back and forth until they find their new place. BTW I love your new FB photo of yourself and the Loch Lomond picture is just gorgeous.

Mojo, Deb, mine is lacking too! I'm just on auto pilot or that's how it feels! Just need to accomplish a few more things then take a break at the weekend before I leave for Montreal on Monday.

Enjoy the rest of this week, ladies and for those of you working, make the most of the weekends.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #578
Stazon Splitcoast

Just one more day, 2 sleeps and I will get to see my DH! I've decided, no more card stuff till I'm in Montreal or the UK so it's been a chill out day here. I suppose tomorrow I'd better pack or it'll be a rush as I need to leave home by 7.30ish on Monday a.m. and I can't stand being in a hurry that early in the morning!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #579
Mad Swapper

At last, the sun has come up. We've had a rather wet spell the last week and to top it off, snow/rain all day yesterday. But it cleared up and we even got to see the supermoon (which was extra bright).

Ruth, have a wonderful trip to Montreal.
Happy Sunday, everyone.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #580
Die Cut Diva

It was beautiful, wasn't it?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #581
Mad Swapper

I initially thought it was a spotlight shining so brightly until I realised it was the moon. And believe it or not, I was considering pulling down the blinds because it was shining into my bedroom window. But I was too lazy to move and pulled the covers over my head instead. The early sunrise has been playing havoc with my sleep patterns. I guess I need to pull my blinds down anyways.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #582
Die Cut Diva

Well hello everyone - how are you all doing?

Things are winding down here and I am starting to get some free time that I'm not flat out sound asleep. Heavens only knows how I think I am going to make it 5 more years.

I have a thangles quilt on the sewing table, and used a funky pre-made card, embellished it and sent it to mom for Mother's day....but that's about it.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #583
Mad Swapper

Robin, I am going to have to sit down and find out more about this thangles thing. I know you showed it to me last time but I have forgotten. I am working on yet another quilt. Sigh Wish I didn't start and not finish so many projects
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #584
Die Cut Diva

I have always been curious about Thangles but haven't tried them yet. I too am working on yet another quilt, I feel your pain... This one has fairies on it for my daughter. I'm waiting for my Star Wars fabric to come in so I can make one for my son. I have several quilt tops finished and basted waiting for me to be brave enough to try free motion quilting them.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #585
Stazon Splitcoast

So how is everyone? Having a chill out day with DH, nice 'cos he's had a really busy week and needs a rest. Happy mothers day to my friends in Canada. It's much earlier in the year in the UK and I got to celebrate and be spoiled when I was there with my DD!

Another week and I'll be back in the UK visiting family and maybe even catching up with a few friends if I have time. Just heard that one of my elderly aunts is in hospital again, she was hospitalised last time I was at home! At 89 I suppose it's inevitable that she will have spells like this.

Better go and prepare the dinner, we're having a traditinal English roast dinner with plenty of veg, yum! No mashed potatoes here!!

Take care everyone and have a good week.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #586
Stazon Splitcoast

One more sleep then I'm on my travels again!! It's fabulous weather her today and should be again tomorrow. Too hot for me but I'll take it for another day!! Better get more less disturbed sleep tonight or I'll be annoyed with those protesting students!! Then waas all sorts of noise and riots less than 100 yards from here last night. They said on the news 10,00 students on the march! I feel sorry for the police having to deal with this on a daily basis for months now! Not going to get into a discussion about it all though as there are things on both sides that are not fair/right but then who said life had to be fair. Life is what you make it at the end of the day and we have to take responsibility for our own life in the end.

Looking forward to seeing my dgs soon. Apparently he told his Mum, she, his dad and grandpa could watch TV while I played football(soccer) with him. I'm good at football 'cos I lay down in goal and stop all the shots according to him!! My comment was, I'm not sure he could get me up again so I could play cricket with him! I know I couldn't get up on my own!!! Anyway whatever we get to do, it'll be entertaining!! lol

Wishing DH could leave at the same time as me! He told me today, he's felt better since I've been here. Of course he has, he's had proper meals cooked for him and not eaten out anywhere as much so apart from my company, that on its own has to make a difference! He also had a telephone interview for a job in the UK nd they want to see him in person. Not getting too excited about that as I am sure the age thing will rear its head again. He's just so much more energetic and happy when he's working though.

Now for a glass of wine and time to start preparing dinner. Hope everyone is ok. Take care, ladies.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #587
Glitter Guru

Hello Ladies Ruth, you are such a traveller...it'll be so nice to see the DGS, eh

Well, I just got back from a week up north, now Daryl (my youngest) and family are coming today! They have an offer on their house, haven't heard if they accepted yet...sure I'll get that news when they get here.
They'll be signing papers for a house they've looked to buy here. So they will move at the end of June It'll be nice to have the two Grandkids back...they are 8 and 5 yrs old now. Daryl just passed his exam to be a 2nd class power engineer we're all so proud of him!

I was up north for Mothers Day, had a wonderful time. A group of us went out on quads to the river for hot dogs,etc. First time on a quad for me :0 Drake, my oldest son, just got a new Razor (sp) so I got to ride with him...so fun!

I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful day we are having here in BC
I've been totally lazy, catching up from the drive and preparing for the kids
Tidying a little in my craft room, finishing up a couple of cards....the perfect day
Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #588
Stazon Splitcoast

Just hanging out eith DH before we go to the airport! Totally gorgeous day here but I've a feeling it's a little warm out there.

Nancy sounds like you had a really fun Mothers day! Nice that your youngest son and family are on their way back to Quesnel. Good when our kids make progress with their qualificatons and move on to something better. It's just good to hear good news and not about all the stupidity that is going on in this world. Here in Montreal, the students are still protesting and causing a real nuisance to the poloce and ordinary folk who live in the city. Everything seems to be 'extreme' that makes the news.

Better go put the last small things in my suitcase before I leave. I really hope I get some sleep on the plane tonight. Too many police and other sirens going off through the nights here lately!

Take care and enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #589
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies. A quiet morning here not sure what I will do today. After today it is supposed to rain all week, so I think I will go for a long walk with Brody.

I did up some little gift cards yesterday. It was fun to create again after such a long break from it. So I used lots of fun paper and glitter and beads and my favorite ribbon. Such fun.

Protesting seems to have become fashionable again
since last summer. Oh well the passionof the twenty somethings.

Enjoy the last day of the long weekend
Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #590
Matboard Maniac

Hi Ladies ~
Hope everyone had a good long weekend and enjoyed the good weather, because the rain sure has arrived. It rained so hard on the way home from work yesterday I thought there was going to be dents in my car, I couldnt even hear the radio! I havent bought any plants yet for my garden because with the threat of snowflakes on Thursday I dont want to take a chance...seems strange not to be planting tho!

Ruth you must be in the UK now getting DGS hugs and playing soccer??!! We are going to miss you in June at our annual get together!

Robin and I had a fun day on Saturday as we tried to create a "Canine UN" with bringing her gentle 100lb lab with my 12 lb annoying daschund together. robin's Brody will like any dog and my Bailey dog will hate any dog! Why do the small ones always have to be the ornery ones?? It was a hoot with 3 dogs, but consequently more time was spent with dogs than playing with paper!

Finally got my motorcycle back from Vancouver Island, DH rode it back last weekend, it was still out there from when I was ther last fall. Went for a long ride on Monday and it fabulous! Best get some rides in soon as it's going on the block before long...sad...

Ruth you said you were making a traditional English roast beef dinner but no mashed potatoes...really? No mashed potatoes for a typical English joint dinner??? Hhhmmm...who would have thunk it?!

Have a great week everyone, only two days now till the weekend...going to a card class at Christine's on Satuday, always a fun time!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #591
Glitter Guru

Happy Friday it's a gorgeous day....not a cloud in the sky

I'm off to Williams Lake tomorrow to pick up a couple of goodies and we are making the Tim Holtz May Tag. Their store goes online this weekend! We have no scrapbooking store in town! If I had some moolah, I would open one

I made two bib cards yesterday. I'll put them on my blog later today. Right now I'm going out to tidy up my gardens I have two new Lilacs to plant. My housekeeper comes this morning (doing a happy dance)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #592
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Cowpoke View Post
Hi Ladies ~

Ruth you said you were making a traditional English roast beef dinner but no mashed potatoes...really? No mashed potatoes for a typical English joint dinner??? Hhhmmm...who would have thunk it?!
Yes that's right Gayle, NO mash!! Gotta have Roast potatoes with a proper English roast dinner!! Also need at least 3 other veg, usually I do 5 other veggies + the gravy and yorkshire puddings if we have roast beef, apple sauce for pork or mint sauce for lamb. And it`s got to be sage and onion stuffing with chicken! Yummy!

I`m here in Devon with DD, SIL & DGS and it`s been gorgeous weather. DGS is a bit off colour today, quite tired I think! Used all his energy up this morning chasing bubbles then playing football with Daddy. Also helped his Mummy clean her car and then get her wet!! So sunny yesterday I managed to get sunburnt although I was mostly in the shade all day. I burn much more easily than I used to. Hopefully I`ll look more tanned than red by the end of the week at my nephew`s wedding!!

Going back to Cornwall to DH`s sister tomorrow to help with a few odds and ends and a few visits around the place to other members of both mine and DH`s family. It`s shaping up to be a busy week.

Better go and do a few other things than sit here on the computer. Have a good week, ladies and don`t forget to tell your nearest and dearest you love them.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #593
Mad Swapper

Oooh, I had the most fantastic roasted potatoes when I was over last. They were done with Marks and Spencer's Roast Potato Coating and were simply divine. I looked it up and apparently it has fine semolina, salt and pepper that coats the parboiled potatoes. Yummy! Maybe I could do that for Kramer's Pond...

We will miss you, Ruth, this upcoming weekend. Enjoy the wedding you will be attending.

Last edited by Cameldiva; 05-29-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #594
Glitter Guru

Hope you all have a great time at Kramers Pond! I just know it's going to be fun
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #595
Mad Swapper

We will miss you, once again, Nancy!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #596
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope all you ladies have had a great weekend at Kramers Pond! I am now with DD, SIL and DGS and babysitting already so the parents can go out for an early Anniversary dinner! Had a great week in Cornwall ending up with the wedding on Saturday and BIL 60th birthday breakfast today. It was lovely to catch up with family that I don't always see when I visit. DH's youngest brother and his family for instance. Can't believe how his boys are so grown up, 22 and 18 + their 14 year old sister!! Doesn't seem so long ago that he was their age, he's the youngest of 7 and 20 years younger than DH!!

Lots going on with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this weekend too. Apparently we are going to the Party in the Park tomorrow afternoon! Hopefully the weather is better than today.

Better go check that my little charge is asleep, haven't heard any movement for a while but he's been a little mischievious this evening.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #597
Glitter Guru

Good Morning how was the trip to the pond? Are there photos anywhere....love to see them!
Sounds like you're having a great time too Ruth I watched some of the Jubilee on tv., soooo many people! I have a few books on the Royals, lots on Diana and the Boys, I'll have to get one on William and Catherine
There are facebook groups for Canadian and BC scrappers if anyone is interested. If anyone wants to join, I can put your name on....I usually check to see what's going on, but I find that it's just one more thing on the computer to keep track of!
Anyone here on Pinterest I'm on that now too.....THAT is addictive, so many awesome ideas, recipes, photos, omg I love it I don't quite know how to find people....
Robin, did you get the Grand Calibur? I haven't yet. I did buy a melting pot the other day, I've wanted one of those for a while. I'm not allowing myself to use it until I get a couple of older projects done! I went to a class and we dipped little flowers into melted utee--for a Tim Holtz Tag, I'm doing the 12 tags of 2012.
Ok, ladies, lots to do before I go to weigh in today--changed from yesterday. My weight seems to be stuck for the past few years--must be what I'm meant to be

Hope you're all having a great week

OK, I found some of you on Pinterest...not really rocket science, lol

Last edited by NaNel; 06-06-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #598
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy to say DH arrived at our DD's house today albeit 3 hours later than anticipated. Technical probs with the aircraft in Montreal so instead of leaving at 10.00p.m. they left at 1.30 this morning! Both his cell phones were dead and it was simply by deduction that I decided to go to the station to meet the train he was on!!! Boy is he tired though 'cos he always goes to the airport hours too early then had to wait 3+ hours longer! DGS was so excited to see his grandpa so I think I may be displaced for a day or two.

Haven't joined Pinterest yet, not really had time to check it out properly. Did managet to make a couple of cards yesterday with dgs 'cos it was his parents wedding anniversary. It was a good way to get him to practice his writing too! Today he practiced more writing when he did the tag and card for grandpa's belated birthday present.

Time for an early night I think!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #599
Mad Swapper

Ruth, now that you have Rex over, make sure he stays awhile At least the best of summer, if he can bear to stay still that long.

I have been on Pinterest for awhile. For me, it truly is my own personal pinboard. Only add things I am interested in or want to try out. I don't try surfing too much for it.

I was speaking to Loretta- I think I might attempt the Red Deer quilt show this weekend. You hear that, Robin? I'll likely email you if you don't check in soon. At least we can meet up there, I hope.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #600
Stazon Splitcoast

Dh is back to Montreal tomorrow, only a short stay in UK for him this time but we're back here again in August for the next wedding! Spent a lovely few hours with his siter and her hubby this lunchtime. Good pub lunch, good company and time to get off here as DD has arrived home and we need the table for dinner!