Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #481
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies, back from our Alberta trip

If you get a chance go see the penguins at the zoo, they are so amazing, so cute!

I got to visit Scrapbookers Paradise, gotta admit, I was disappointed, really thought they would be a bigger store with way more stock. I left the store with the smalles bag of goodies ever

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #482
Pearl-ExPert

Connie, did you go to the south store? I live not too far from it and I have to say I seldom go there...... you should have tried Paper Pastimes too.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #483
Glitter Guru

We went to the Crowfoot one, like I said not very impressed

We didn't have too much time, the kids were swimming and we had to get back to pick them up

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 02-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #484
Pearl-ExPert

The north store is small- ask Gayle. the south store is a bit bigger. Still, look at it as since you "saved", you don't have to feel so guilty when you order online
Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #485
Matboard Maniac

Good Sunday morning to all! Lots of snow here up north in Calgary! Looks pretty and hides the brown ground!

Diane I would like to hear more about your Feldenkrain classes, they sound interesting! I really like the Yoga and stretching is sooo important especially for my old bones. Yes I would love to come over one night after work and scrappy craft with you. I would like to see the Nifty Knitter in motion too. I have taken up crocheting again, but need to venture out of the "plain double crochet, so I need to learn to do a pattern.
Any willing teachers out there to take on a "mature" student??

Deb, your home away from home sounds like paradise, enjoy and remember that sunscreen. You are inspiration in your weight loss (my constant struggle) what plan did you follow?

Robin where are you? Are you back from your sun sand and surf???

Ruth, are you in Abbotsford next week? We are driving to Vancouver on Friday, two cars, to take our son Thomas there, as he is going to school there ~ all very exciting, we will drive back on Tuesday. Lots of things to do and people to see, but if you are in town, would love to trek out to the Valley to see you!

I submitted my application to this job at Alberta Health Services at Southport, it started as a temp position, but once I got into it, I really liked it and the peeps, so keep your fingers crossed for me -I got short listed and interview next week.
I really like all your journal ideas, I think i could really keep one now. The word of the month, is making me think. Need some time but I will repost with my word.

Welcome to all the new folks, sorry dont have everyone's names, these are a very special group of ladies, I always feel so good when we reconnect!

I had a fun day yesterday, I taught a Cricut class here at home. It was a challenge as some had the Expression and some had the new Expression 2. So I was scrambling to learn the Expression 2 that I had not used before, so I could help. Funny thing how learning about something makes it less scary and the more I want to use it because I understand it now!!!!! Chuckkle, at myself here....

I am going back to my old haunt this morning, Scrapbooker's Paradise. The manager left so my girlfriend, Gloria has stepped up to the plate to run it. She was the ***'t when I was the mgr. Great team! So she needs a hand before the store opens so it will be fun to get in and roll up my sleeves and see what's new with all the CHA stuff. If you drop in, please say hi and she needs all the help she can get from the crappy stuff the exiting mgr left her with. Yes on the top of the list is to clean it up, remove all the clutter! Knowing Gloria she will have it ship shape in no time!

If anyone is up for a weekend retreat, please let me know, as I sure am and wouldnt mind doing the organizing at all. I am going to make up a list of potential spots and post here to try and encourage a winter weekend get away!

take care everyone and have a nice relaxing, and if time permits, a creative Sunday!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #486
Pearl-ExPert

Feldenkrais, where do I start? it is a class all about awareness of your body through movement. Most times, you are lying prone on the floor doing a series of specific movements. There are two instructors in Calgary. Rob, works primarily in the south and jennifer has the north. Jennifer's classes are usually held at Parkdale or Hillhurst and Rob does his out of the Calgary Jewish Centre. Maybe you could do a drop in class if you are working in the south. Tuesdays. let's talk more about it, Gayle. here's hoping that you get the job so I have an excuse to see you more
Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #487
Stazon Splitcoast

Hellooooo, ladies! 'bout time i dropped in here! sorry had a busy week back in the Fraser Vallet but am now in Montreal as of this a.m. Fly out to the UK and my precious family tomorrow evening for 2 weeks then back to Montreal for one week before heading west again! I'm exhausted!! Seriously it's not that bad except I don't sleep well on planes but ok if I can get a good sleep at the end of each journey.

Gayle, lovely to see you! Sorry you misplaced a whole load of stuff around the time of Olds, can't help I'm afraid as my little case didn't have room for all that stuff!!! It's a pain though losing that much. Unfortunatley I'm not at home next week as I'll be in the UK with my family, would love to have had a chance to catch up! Tell Thomas, good luck with his studies in BC. the weather around Metro Vancouver/FV has been as weird as anywhere this year. Yesterday it was lovely sunsahine but snowing at the same time! Nothing like the dump Calgary seems to have had or even here in Montreal. Last week I left here and there was hardly any snow, this morning when I arrived back, there are piles everywhere and it's now gently snowing again. Talking of crochet, Gayle, just get yourself a crochet instruction book of stitches and it'll all come back to you! I started off again with a dishcloth pattern book from Zellers and one of those big balls of crafters cotton and I was soon doing more than dc!! Same with the knitting!! Good luck with the job interview too.

Am looking forward to my trip to the UK as SIL(Dh's sister) and I are getting together to finish her son and future DIL's wedding invites/order of service/ty cards/place cards etc. Quite a simple design but a lot of embossing so just a little time consuming. SIL says she's looking forward to a master class in another technique or two while I'm there! She's fairly new to card making but is really getting into it and it's good we have reconnected with a shared hobby/passion!! Went for quite a while with not too much contact, her kids are much younger than mine so our lives moved in different directions. Now she's retired too, it's easier to arrange 'play dates' when I'm in Cornwall, UK!!!!

Better go, need to repack my cases as I left some things here and now need to include them in UK bound baggage! At least I get 2 free bags as I'm a frequent flyer!!!! Just hope they're not overweight.

Hope everyone is ok and weathering the storms or calm of life as well as the snow. Take care and hug the ones you love as Denise often reminds us.

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #488
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Good morning ladies - I have popped onto the site a number of times, but no opportunity to post. I see you are all well and keeping busy.

I am settled back into a semi routine after the big trip south. We came home to the kids lifes seeing big changes. DS bought a house instead of following his plan of developing our acreage and DD found the job of her dreams and doesn't know if she is going to continue with her school plans in the fall. All good stuff but an adjustment.

Jamaica was beautiful. The resort is definately a stunner. We met great people, ate fantastic food, did some snorkelling and sailing, and just had a nice break. After 2 years of planning, now I have to turn my attention someplace else.

I am sorry to say that I won't be planning Olds this year. Maybe someone else would like to plan a summer event? Things are just different now, and I don't feel like I have the ability to take it on again.

My new job is definately a change. It is hard to let go of more of the hands on and be responsible for more people. I always feel like it would be easier if I did it myself, but remind myself regularly THAT is impossible. LOL

Everyone take care - safe travels Ruth!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #489
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies
Robin, glad you enjoyed Jamaica! Hope the new job goes well for you

Ruth, have fun in the UK and that little guy! I've just spent the past nine days up north with my two sons and their families and hated to come home

Well, it's snowing a bit here today but strangely, it doesn't bother me. I think because I know that it's March tomorrow and Spring is very close!

Hope you are all having a great week take care

Last edited by NaNel; 03-01-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #490
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening from the UK!

Robin, thank for organising Olds for the last few years, it's always been great to be there and share and enjoy the time you arranged for us! Happy to hear Jamaica was a good relaxing vacation in Jamaica. So much happenign for your offspring! times certainly are achanging. As for your job, dlegation is the name of the game! Good luck with everything.

Nancy, good to hear you enjoyed some family time over your birthday weekend. Will be catching up with my DGs and his parents this coming week. /they have just had a few days away at Centre Parcs in Longleat. apparnetly they had deer visit this morning before they left, right up to the patio doors of their cabin. One little boy was so excited, he loves aniimals!

How's everyone else doing? Had a good day crafting but am now feeling quite weary so it's an ealy night for me I think! Take care ladies and enjoy your weekend.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #491
Stazon Splitcoast

Spending the week with my DGS and family! He was awake at 6.00a.m. and decided to come and see grandma first!! Then it's a game of 'I spy' and a whole lot of chatter. He was telling me about school and I asked if he did his times tables. so quick with his numbers, his math homework last night was done in 5 minutes!! His spelling is coming along nicely too.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #492
Stazon Splitcoast

Had to go earlier, dinner was ready! Grandma cooked this evening.

Feel so much more alive here with the young one but miss DH a lot. However he's very busy and likely to be travelling again over the next few days so its a good time to be here. At least we don't have snow, quite windy and the odd rain shower but the daffodils are blooming everywhere and it has been quite sunny between the showers!

Take care, ladies, and stay safe.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #493
Stazon Splitcoast

So where is everyone? Can't believe I'm talking to myself!
Another lovely day here, a little breezy but 14C in the sunshine. Spent the morning wandering around a pretty little village looking at the small boutiques and thrift stores(hospice shop) in Topsham. A little more up market than most villages around so the thrift stores tend to have some really nice stuff! Had our Hospice gala with its Ascot theme been this year and not last, I could have had the choice of some lovely hats this morning. Plenty of lovely coffee/tea shops to choose from too. Going to the Golf club later for coffee and cake before we meet the young one from school.

Have a good day, ladies and stay safe.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #494
Pearl-ExPert

Ruth, it sounds like the grand son has really taken to his grandma. And so it should be. I had the oddest dream this morning. I dreamt I was in the Uk and was lost in London (it had to be london since there were loads of overpasses and bridges) and I stumbled upon a sale for yarns and crochet threads. I was the youngest person there! Then the alarm went off and I woke up without knowing what I actually bought.

I was hunting high and low for a fabric sale last night for Grandmothers helping grandmothers (Stephen Lewis foundation) and did find it and I was so excited about it that it manifested in my dream. I love thrift shop shopping so much that I actually limit myself or else my place would be a full blown hoarders home.

Enjoy your time with the loves you love.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #495
Die Cut Diva

Ruth it sounds like you are having a wonderful time!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #496
Stazon Splitcoast

Am having a really good time with my DD and her family although the little lad was sent home from school today, not well, high temp and headache. Apparently it has a ffected quite a number of his friends in his class. Hopefully it will only last 24 hours.

Went shoe shopping this a.m but it was not a success but tomorrow is another day! Couldn't spend my money if I wanted apart from on lunch. lol

SIL is getting a takeout for dinner tonight from the Indian restaurant so it's a curry of some kind. Yumm. Not had a takeout curry for ages! Trouble is which one to choose.

Have a good weekend, ladies.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #497
Die Cut Diva

Good morning all. I went to an amazing quilt show yesterday in Mesa. I can't believe what gorgeous work we saw. Made me feel very amateurish (is that even a word)? I bought one kit of a giraffe in minky to make for our 2 year old GS. So then I had to go back to the quilt store and buy another kit of a dinosaur in minky for the 4 year old GS. I said I would never work with that fabric again -- but it is so nice when done. Both boys love the quilt I made Pyper Rose for Christmas and love to snuggle in it -- so they need their own.

I am alone here now for the next two weeks. The house is sure quiet. We had 5 of Brian's siblings here last weekend. What fun!!!

I shopped with 2 of his sisters yesterday and today a SIL is picking me up and we are going to drapery fabric stores. Dana has asked me to make curtains for her new shop. She officially opened on Thursday. She was booked solid both yesterday and today. So far, looks really good for her. Her shop is lovely. She did a very nice job designing and decorating.

I have started painting the last room in the house here in AZ. I got one wall painted and decided I didn't like that color, so off to town I went and bought new paint. I'll spend tomorrow getting the first coat on. Then hopefully Monday it will be finished. Then I have no more to do here. Maybe pull out my sewing machine.

I'm coming home on the 27th of March. Then I'm bringing my Mom back for a week for Mother's Day in May. I hope it isn't too hot for her at that time of year.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend wherever you are. I heard the weather in AB is getting to be very nice. Especially after that huge downfall of snow last week.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #498
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies
Well, we have still got a fair amount of snow--no flowers popping up here Ruth! Not for a couple of more months! And....I'm always talking to myself, lol. Glad you're enjoying the time overseas. I'll be so happy when my little Grandkids are moved back here. My Grandson says 'you know Grandma, that you can still come and stay overnight' even if they live right in town--so cute

Deb, sounds like you are keeping busy

Diane, I love thrift shop shopping too--amazing things sometimes! See if you can get back into that dream--see what you bought I've tried to do that, but no success yet. I don't dream much, or at least I don't remember.

Hope you're all having a great weekend
Old 03-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #499
Stazon Splitcoast

OMGoodness, what a gorgeous day here! Sat out in the sun for a while but had to come in as it was too warm for me. I burn easily too!! Not only are there daffodils but the primroses are out and even one or two bluebells and the heather is beautiful. Loads of bees around already and ladybugs, DGS has been trying to collect them and keep them in a jam jar!!! Daddy is watching rugby and grandma has to play cards! gotta go!

TTYL

Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #500
Stazon Splitcoast

Another amazing Spring day. Bright and sunny but fresh too. Had a busy day with DGS, he's been sick all weekend, as Mummy had to work and Daddy was sick with a 'Man' cold! Never ceases to amaze me what kids say or reasons they come up with not to do something! Boy, is this one quick with his replies! Seem to think he was testing Grandma to see how much he could get away with. Not a lot with this grandma as I know how his Mum thinks! lol

Anyway he's back to school tomorrow, needs his friends and a definite routine to his day!

Going out for lunch with DD tomorrow but no more shoe shopping as I can't find what I'm looking for and twice trying on lots of pairs of shoes is enough for me. I lose patience especially when the sales assistants don't listen to what you ask for. Grrr!!

Better go, almost time for dinner and I'd better help lay the table. Take care, ladies and enjoy your Monday.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #501
Die Cut Diva

Pretty quiet here. Glad to hear you are enjoying that little man Ruth. They grow up way too fast.

I finished all my painting here. All the landscaping is done! All the shopping is finished!! Now, to just lay out in that gorgeous sun (30 C today) and read my book. Soon it will be time to head North. I'm flying home on the 27th.

It has been so much fun down here. And I don't even mind being just by myself. I always knew I liked my own company -- and this does prove it.

Hope you are all doing well.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 03-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #502
Matboard Maniac

HI Ladies ~
Ruth when you tell how all those flowers are blooming I am so jealous1 What I would give not to see snow but green! We drove to Vancouver 2 weeks a go fo ra dew days to take our eldest DS to start school there. He will be living with his Oma. At first she said no, then she said yes! What a roller coaster. It was nice to be back in Van and see all our old friends, and I even had a four hour lunch with an old girlfriend whom I hadnt seen for 20 years! It was so good, made me feel all warm and fuzzy! Great just to be away on the trip with just the family and have everyone chit chat laugh adn have fun and there not be any issues!!! Hey maybe we still do all really like one another!!!
Enjoy your time Deb, before you head back, sounds marvelous! Laying by the pool, soaking up the sun and your book and maybe a cold gin or two???
Robin, you have provided us all with a wonderful event for a number of years now and it is time for someone else to take the reins!
So here is my proposal :
If I can get an approximate head count of who would be interested to go around the same time as last year or if we could think about moving it to early June when things might not be so busy (but I'm easy!) then I could do some digging.

There is a great place at Kramer's Pond at Buck Lake, a big house that sleeps about 12. We would have to bring in our own food, and I dont mind arranging that. It's a gorgeous spot, secluded, hot tub, big glass atrium that looks over the pond. Nice walking paths but sorry gals no shopping. It's on the road between Edmonton and Caroline. Took us about 90 min max to get there.
I can search out other spots too, but I need feedback and committment.

So whaddaya all say?

Have a great weekend everyone!
Gayle
Old 03-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #503
Matboard Maniac

Hi Diane - yes next week I will try and come but I have that Pampered Chef party on Thursday night that you are coming too right?!?! (Anyone want to come? Is as much as a soical and wine (whine) as culinary drooling and tasting!)
As far as my lost stuff, hey no worries, as it simply has grown legs! Not even sure when...I just think it was the summer time!
But it gets weirder as I noticed about 4 weeks ago that my favoriteset ceramic daschund ceramic statue dressed like Harry Potter that lived in my craft room is not gone too! Sad. Now I dont think I ever travelled with my ceramic dog!!!
So finally with the dog now gone, DH finally listened and we changed the locks! So if something goes now, it's off to the looney bin for me!

So check out this website.....www.kramerpondlodge.com....sleeps 10....$330 a night....there are even pics of scrapbookers in there....

Almost go home time on a Friday!!! Yippee! Still at Alberta Health Services, didnt get the first job but I interview for another one on Monday...yup I just hafta keep the faith!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #504
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Gayle

So nice to 'see' you on here too! Glad you had a good time for your trip to Vancouver. It's great when family time works out well and also catching up with friends.

Seems like another lovely day out there after a couple of grey ones with plenty of sea mist. However it's still been mild temperature wise. SIL and I have finally got all the wedding stuff for her DS and future DIL sorted and everyone is pleased with the result of our efforts! Today is a 'technique masterclass' as SIL calls it. So glad to have a hobby to share with another famnily member!

Got a busy month ahead when I get home with the Hospice Society Gala fast coming up. Around 250 thank you cards to get made for all our sponsors and donors so I shal have to get my motivated hat on!! Need to think of a design that incorporates our theme for this years event. Not as easy as last years Ascot them!

Better go, coffee calls and I need to have a quick chat with my godson and his fiancee before they leave. TTYL

Old 03-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #505
Die Cut Diva

Good saturday morning ladies. A grey day, the sun hasn't come out yet.

Nice to see everyone is enjoying life.

My craft room is torn apart right now. I have removed all of the mishmash of cupboards and am replacing it with something more functional. But i need Rick, so it will stay torn apart until he comes home again.

Ds has bought a house. Funny how old it makes me feel. Watching the kids grow up and take their place in the world is absolutely fraught with mixed emotion. Lol

Anyone found anything new and exciting in the crafting world? When is the next Cha?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #506
Glitter Guru

Good morning Ladies, Happy St. Patricks Day
My Grandson decorated a box--all green collage and shamrocks----it's to catch a leprechaun, you see We had a lot of fun and they are on their way over here to check on the box--which I was supposed to keep and eye on and pull the string on the box to catch the little guy stealing our 'gold', which was coloured rocks, lol.
Well, needless to say, we didn't catch him....he stole the 'gold' and left some chocolate coins!

We went looking at 7 houses yesterday for the one family that's moving back to town. Very nice, but of course the most expensive is the nicest! We'll keep looking I think. Their house in Chetwynd hasn't sold yet either--so I think the expensive one is out

Hope your weekend is going well and you are having fun!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #507
Stazon Splitcoast

Had another lovely day here in Cornwall. Really warm in the sunshine but it's my last day in the old country! Back to Canada tomorrow on a late afternoon flight, won't even see DH as he's down in St Catherines and I'll be spending just one day in Montreal before heading west. It's been a really pleasant few weeks and I'm sad they're over. DGS told his Mum, after having another babysitter while they went out Saturday night, that he likes it better when Grandma looks after him!

I think we need to start seriously looking at returning to the UK. The thing is to persuade DH!

Better go and pack my cases making sure I don't forget anything important. Doesn't matter too much about my craft things as SIL will make good use of them and at least I'll know where they are when I come back.

Gayle, won't be in Canada during late May and early June as I'll be back here to attend the first of two family weddings! June 2 is the first one and August 4 is the other one! DH's nephew(my godson) is the June one and my niece(DH's goddaughter) is the August one! Need to look for a nice outfit when I get back as there won't be the same guests at the two weddings so I can 'economise'!!

TTYL, take care ladies.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #508
Stazon Splitcoast

Back in balmy Montreal, it's even warmer here than in Cornwall, 25C today apparently! Yet Mission/Abby was only forecast 5C! St caharines has broken all records for heat at this time of year by well over 10 degrees C, 28 there this afternoon!! Heading west to cooler climes tomorrow evening.

Going to get an early night as I've had a long day travelling!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #509
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies!

Back in chilly BC, well it is chilly relative to Montreal right now! 8C maximum, 3 below the average for this time of year in the Fraser Valley/lower Mainland! Got in at 1 a.m this morning so am still a little disorientated timewise, not sure whether to eat dinner or breakfast or go to bed. lol

Just spoken to DH down in St Catharines and it's way warmer down there too. all sorts of temperature records have been broken and there's no white stuff to be seen!

Need to go make a coffee I think then maybe I can last out till it's a reasonable time for bed. Even my SIL's grandchildren looked for me apparently when they went to her house on Tuesday! They are such lovely kids too, a boy and a girl just a year older than my DGS (who is almost 6) and two younger ones a girl and a boy around 3 years old. It's easy to relate to them and chat in the same way as I would to young Morgan! My SIL's daughters are twins and each of them has two kids and these 4 cousins are not only close in age but best friends too! So lovely to see.

Tke care, ladies, hope you can pop in soon! Heard from Susan, who used to be on our previous threads, laast week. Sent her the link so hopefully she'll drop by to chat sometime too.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #510
Glitter Guru

Good Morning Everyone on my own again, I almost went back with my older son this morning!
Ruth, I can relate to you wanting to be in the UK. I really enjoy the Grandkids--they just grow up to fast. They'll all be here at Easter, so I better rest up

Our snow is going pretty good now, but it's such a messy time of year. Good time to get
in some more crafting!

Have a good weekend everyone
Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #511
Matboard Maniac

Cool Happy Friday!

Happy Friday to All!
I think, I think, I wish, that winter is almost over!

Grey skies in Calgary today but that can chanage in 5 minutes!

So what creative things is everyone up to this weekend.

Diane is taking me to a quilt shop in Innisfail or is it Didsbury (good thing she's driving!) tomorrow, Saturday then we are off to kidnap Robin for a day of fun and frolic!

Have a great weekend and RELAX!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #512
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon, Nancy and Gayle!

It's a beautiful day here again and a little warmer than yesterday, supposed to stay right thru the weekend! I can see the green leaves of the daffodils above the surface now but way way behind those over in Devon and Cornwall.

Nancy I think we all need time to recharge our batteries between visits with the young ones!! My BIL insists on getting away to Spain when he sees his wife getting more and more tired because of helping out the girls with their youngsters. It's not only the constant 'dropping' them off with Mum, it's the number of phone calls she gets just when she's sitting down for a moment to relax! Totally winds my BIL up! He says he loves them (and he is very good with all four) but he says they don't have to be there EVERY single day!!!!! I have to say I'm a little envious that they have them all on their doorstep as it were.

Gayle, enjoy your trip with Diane and catching up with Robin! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day and great company. Stay safe.

I'm in Harrison Hot Springs tonight and all day tomorrow. Our Hospice Society board has a Strategic Planning day but in very pleasant surroundings. I'm a little tired still but hopefully not too tired to participate! Got lots of creating to do over the next few weeks as I've been charged with making the Thank you cards for all our donors and sponsors for the Hospice Gala, around 200 cards I think. Thankfully I have an idea for the lay out and everything will be black, red and gold as that's our colour theme for this year. so nice colours to work with. Gold embossing etc!

Just had a message from my SIL, all the efforts with the wedding invitations were a definite 'WOW' from those that got them already. SIL is so pleased and so am I, it was a lovely joint effort.

Better go, need to check out what I should take with me for an overnight, barely unpacked from my last trip!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #513
Die Cut Diva

Good Sunday morning all. And yes indeed i was kidnapped yesterday- we had a great visit, went to the Olds quilt store, and checked out the stamp store in Didsbury and Olds, but they are both closed down. A real shame.

All is well here. Ds has temporarily moved in, he is waiting for possession of his first house in mid-April, so we are 'roomies'. Have to say it is weird, he is so different, but still the same, or maybe its just me. After all, he is almost 30 and hasn't lived at home for over 6 years. We are all excited about his first home.

Not much happening craft wise, but i am interested in getting together again this year. Someone just give me instructions and i will be there with bells on.

Today is housecleaning and washing the car. Maybe time in the craftroom to continue the reorganization.

Hugs to all.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #514
Die Cut Diva

Default June get together

How about June 2nd at Kramers pond?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #515
Stazon Splitcoast

Good to see you, Robin! At least DS moving back is only temporary although I am sure you enjoy his company! At almost 30, they do need to have left home and be setting up on their own. Been there, done that and got the tshirt as they say!! enjoy your roomie while he's there.

It's been such amazing weather this weekend, warm and sunny but not so hot that I would melt!! Went down to White Rock this afternoon to be near the sea but it was sooooo busy, I only saw the sea from the car, nowhere to park at all unless it was on the way out of town! Should have known better on a day like this or gone much, much earlier.

Kramers Pond sounds like a wonderful idea but I won't be able to get there. Our first family wedding in the UK is June 2nd! Will be sending you all good vibes if Gayle gets you all together. I just wish the other wedding was a little closer in date to the first one then I could simply stay in the UK between the two. That would be a great summer for me!

Need to seriously get my stamping stuff out this week and make some headway with thiese cards for Hospice. I have the time and hopefully the inclination. lol

Have a good week, ladies. A week today and it will be April, oh my!!!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #516
Pearl-ExPert

June 2nd will work for me if that date works for everyone else. Gayle, let me know if you need help.

It was good to catch up with Gayle and Robin. We stopped for tea at the Black Forest Bakery in Olds. I am not one for baked good normally but I bought some lemon pistachio cookies from there and they are amazing!! Also picked up a apricot pecan loaf and it was awesome too. I am happy I don't live close by!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #517
Matboard Maniac

Talking SCRAPBOOK WEEKEND JUNE 2ND AT KRAMER'S POND

Good Afternoon Ladies ~

The Creek Cottage at Karmer's Pond is available the weekend of June 2nd - it is half way between Edmonton and Calgary on the road to Caroline. It's very beautiful. It only sleeps 10 and works out 427.50 per night. We would do a combined effort for food which I dont mind doing.

So I have to put a deposit down, so if those that want to go could committ fairly shortly I would really appreciate it. Send me your email addresses and I will set up a link for all of us on Splitcoast (with Robin's help on the link, pleeeeaase!)

Committed
1. Gayle
2. Robin
3. Diane

It's ideallylic setting should prove to be a beautiful and relaxing weekend as we sit in the sun room over looking the pond!!!

Gayle
Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #518
Matboard Maniac

OK let's correct that nightly rate - not $427.50 a night but $27.50 a night!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #519
Die Cut Diva

Arrived home last night from Arizona. I (we) had a wonderful 3 months in the warm sunshine. Brian, of course, was only there for 5 weeks -- but it was a great 5 weeks for him.

I get to go see Dana's new salon today. The pictures she sent me look fabulous, so am excited to see it. She has worked so hard to get it up and running and she is getting new clientele almost daily. She listed her house the day before yesterday and there are already two showings today. **fingers crossed** She wants to move back to Lacombe as this is where her salon is.

Lots to do today, so need to grab a coffee and then get a wiggle on.
My Gallery
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #520
Glitter Guru

Good morning Ladies
Deb, glad to hear you had such a great time in the south, your place looks so gorgeous!

Diane, that apricot pecan loaf sounds sooooo good, love pecans

I'm wondering how I could arrange to come to your get-together hmmmm I'm going to check schedules. Is it a papercrafting week end or a quilting weekend---because I can do either, I actually have a small quilt thing started (years ago, of course)!

I will let you know in a couple of days...by Friday!

Got my first OAP cheque today! Yahoo!

Last edited by NaNel; 03-28-2012 at 09:22 AM..