Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #441
Die Cut Diva

Sorry to hear Nancy of your friends' issues that they are dealing with. We do need to stop often and realize how lucky we are to be healthy. We were not so lucky with my BIL when he was dealing with brain tumour -- he lasted 4 weeks.

Ruth, it will be nice for you once again to be in Mtl. Happy apartment hunting. I too would find a bachelor suite too small for me and my DH. We do need a little space between us at times.

Yes, Conni - they do grow up fast. Our DIL told me the other day that she is registering our GS for kindergarten! I can't believe how fast the time has gone!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #442
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Good morning ladies. I see everyone is busybusybusy.

I can't imagine how I would cope with all the travelling and multiple homes. I admire those who manage it, but I am afraid I would crater under the stress.

I haven't been doing much in the craft room. Just a set of beaded bracelets that DD quickly laid claim to. I guess I am lacking a bit of gettyup and go.

I get to babysit the grandkitty this weekend. DD is moving to Edmonton this weekend, and I get to keep George while the move is on. I am really going to miss having her close.

Enjoy the weekend ladies. I think of you all often.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #443
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! You ladies have been pretty busy,even though you think you are not very motivated! I love reading everything you are doing!
My Oldest got her learners the day after her birthday, so we are in the middle of Drivers training and letting her drive my new truck! Ack!! Actually, so far, she hasnt scared me too much!
I took on the role of treasurer for my daughters Band, and have been fixing a large amount of screwups from the last treasurer. I am hoping that everything is caught up now, and it will be an easier job!
Things here are the same, busy as always. Kevin was asked by a co-worker the other day what I did for a living. He said I was a professional volunteer. I guess that almost sums it up!
I love to read your updates ladies. Its great to be connected with a group who realizes how blessed we are!
Hug the ones you love!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #444
Die Cut Diva

Okay, I think I've figured out how to put a picture on here...
Attached Thumbnails
p1040949_web.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #445
Mad Swapper

Loretta!! Lurve your quilt!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #446
Glitter Guru

OMGosh Loretta!! That's just beautiful That fabric...wow. And how did you put the picture up?

I'm going to be shovelling snow today, so far about 3 in. and still coming down heavily. That means I won't be going to visit my friend in the hospital today, not very good for driving.
She came through her surgery just fine, is in good spirits and she has four of her five kids that live in town and the fifth one is staying with her for a week or so. I know they'll all be spending lots of time with her.

So, other than shovelling this weekend, I'll be working on my heart journal, finished the tissue roll mini album. Should bake some bread today too

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Old 01-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #447
Glitter Guru

Denise my oldest turned 16 last monday, so now we get to move from learnerrs licence to the real deal, not sure if I am ready for that or not!!

Sure glad our weather starightened out, I can't handle that cold.

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #448
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm here and recovering from an overnight flight which didn't turn out as planned. I was so tired after a really busy couple of days that I was certain I would sleep but no! I tweaked my shoulder moving stuff around before I left and was in so much pain, sleep wasn't possible and I couldn't taake any more painkillers. Anyway I slept on and off all day Friday and even did quite well on Friday night plus dozing on and off today!! Can't believe how tired I was!!

It's been good to have some company and I have to say my DH is a very happy and often humourous man!! He's even quite a good cook, he made dinner this evening.

Apparently after I'd left Mission, it snowed overnight!!! Snowed here too but only a couple of inches and it's not too cold DH says and I expected Montreal to be snowy!! Hope to go out tomorrow, maybe for lunch and a drive to some where new to see.

It's my job to load the dishwasher and clear the kitchen so I'd better get off the computer and do it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies , wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

Before I go, Loretta your quilt is lovely!

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 01-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #449
Die Cut Diva

Thanks ladies!
Nancy if you click go advanced and then scroll down a bit, there is a button that says manage attachments. Click on it and a window will open that says browse. Click on that and it will go to your pictures and then you just select one.
Ruth, one of the best things is a man who can cook!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #450
Mad Swapper

Oh, Ruth, sorry about your shoulder. Hope it heals fast. If you are in Montreal. perhaps you could go visit Magenta, the store Not that you need more rubber stamps, I guess
I don't even know if they have a storefront (they might).

I caught a cold and have not been able to sleep properly so I feel your pain, Ruth.

Yesterday, I took a soapmaking class and we made 2 pounds of soap. The first was just an ordinary batch and the second was filled with bits, colour and botanicals. It was really cool. I cut my soap early this morning and now I have to wait for it to cure.

I might have found yet another expensive hobby- sigh. And I don't even use bar soap.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #451
Glitter Guru

Ruth, glad you are in good company hope your shoulder is getting better AND you can actually get to Magenta, they have wonderful stamps!

Loretta, how big is your quilt, full size, wall hanging? I sure love graphic 45!

Diane, what a great idea to take a class in soap-making Just think, all your Christmas gifts done early. Or does the homemade soap last that long? Kind of interesting anyway and makes beautiful gifts!
Do you ever take Cold FX? My son swears by it and I've bought a bottle and still have quite a few left--so I don't use too many, but they seem to work. I did buy the super-duper kind once because I already had a bad cold and I believe it worked quite well.

Conni, my two oldest Grandsons are now on the road--one 16 & one 17--Yikes! That makes me feel old. AND shovelling that pile of snow yesterday makes me feel really old!

Today looks promising tho, so better get my a into g have a good Sunday Ladies.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #452
Stazon Splitcoast

After a lot of rest and even more pain killers, my shoiulder is so much better! Just a twinge now and again so it couldn't have been too bad a 'pull'!!! I know this fabulous art shop here in Montreal and I intend to go check it out in the next few days. Forgot my versamark so need to get a new one if I'm to finish my poject before I go to the UK!!

It's a beautiful day here,a little chilly with the wind but quite mild apparently for this time of year. No new snow I'm happy to say!!

Better go and start the dinner, it's my turn today, my rest is over!!! Enjoy the rest of Sunday.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #453
Die Cut Diva

I was just thinking the same thing as Nancy, you have a big batch of Christmas presents done and it's only January!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #454
Die Cut Diva

Nancy, my quilt is 50x60. I just bought the batting for it so sometime this week I'll get it basted.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #455
Mad Swapper

So, I was told that the soap will last about a year or more before they go rancid but the essesntial oils will dissipate as time goes by. My sister is all excited about the soap since she loves homemade soaps.We had gotten coupons to this because we thought it would be a fantastic opportunity to spend time together except she didn't take the course because she had just come back from Ottawa. But apparently we can volunteer so I am hoping that I can volunteer for the class she signs up for. Getting back to your question, Nancy. We had added grapseed oil and it acts like an anitoxidant and keeps soap fresher. I have been turning the soap to let it dry out. I don't know if I can wait 6 weeks before I use it. Yet I must as I want it to become less basic.....If I was making soap for christmas, I would start the batch in September

Re: cold fx- Nancy, I am one of those people that does not react to Cold Fx, much to my disappointment. So I just have to tough it out.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #456
Stazon Splitcoast

Logged on yesterday, went to post then got distracted and logged out!!

Diane, I seem to remember my cousin gave me a whole load of stuff for soap making and I never did get around to doing it! Will have to check it out when I go back, it sounds fascinating.

Found some cute and simply embossed cards in the $$ store yesterday, will be good as the base for adding a stamped/cut or punched 3D flower to make a quick and easy card. Didn't get as far as the arts and craft place but will get there another day when I've worked out which Metro station I need to alight at!!

A couple of cms of snow overnight and the threat of more to come later in the day. Apparently changing over to freezing rain overnight. No major storms though so that's one consolation. Probably going down to St Catharines, ON with DH at the weekend. Most likely to be there for at least a week. Back to civilisation and the promise of a Michaels store!!! Just need to get DH to add me as a driver to this rental car 'cos he'll be working and I need to be able to get around, don't I?!!

Better go, need to do something productive with my time as well as visit with you ladies. Have a good day.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #457
Die Cut Diva

I would love to learn how to make soap -- but then again would it be another craft that I just have to have all the stuff to buy. I bought a book in JoAnn's on making cookies for a Christmas Cookie Swap. We do a cookie swap every Christmas and this book is so incredible. But now I'm thinking I need a cookie press, the baking sheets, the parchment, the spatulas ---- and on and on and on.....

They started the work to get our pool heated. It ended up being a big job because Brian decided we needed to switch out all the pumps and heat exchangers, etc. They should finish up tomorrow -- then I can swim on Thursday or Friday. Brian goes home on Friday That time sure flew by. My friend is flying down on Saturday and then I'm going to fly home with her on the 13th.

Our company trip that Brian earned is the 24th of Feb. We go to the Dominican, then will come back here. He'll stay a week and I'll stay until the end of March or so.

I love your quilt Loretta. I brought a number of UFO's to piece while down here but haven't even taken out my sewing machine yet. Doesn't look like it will happen this year.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #458
Stazon Splitcoast

Now I'm definitely jealous, Deb!! I would so love a swimming pool just for me! I wouldn't have to worry about how I felt in a swimsuit if we had our own pool. So glad you are getting to enjoy your home from home.

It's a beautiful day here, just a little cool. Nothing mind blowing going on, just a little of this and a little of that so I'm managing to keep occupied. Need to get the cardstock out and do something a little creative but still lacking inspration. Did some crochet and knitting instead! I miss ALL my stuff! Don't do well with limited supply challenges. I always want something I don't have with me once I start something.

Have a great day, girls. Talk to you all later.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #459
Glitter Guru

Good Morning All it's so sunny here, all blue sky this morning!

Diane, thanks for stopping by my blog I love marzipan and I love condensed milk. I have been known to pour condensed milk on fruit so odd because I don't like to drink ordinary milk. The almond milk--usually I get the vanilla flavour and full strength, it's sweeter, but I was thinking of calories.

I've been blowing my diet this week, not sure what's up with that! I made some really good, grainy, yummy bread and that is contributing to my lack of will power

Going to a friends today to cut out a fabric bag. Yesterday I went through my Rubbermaid tub and drawers and good grief, I still have a ton of fabric!

Diane, new news---my kids are looking at houses here--which is really nice. But I was looking forward to coming out to Calgary lots I guess they just thought that having the kids closer to both families would be better, especially while they are still young.

Loretta I'm in awe of your quilt--that's huge good for you!

Robin, where are you not on facebook, not on here, you must be busy
Old 02-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #460
Die Cut Diva

Is this not about the time that Robin and Rick go away on their warm vacation? That might be where she is. Or like you say, just busy.

Lots of the time, I come on a read and don't have too much to say, so just lurk.

It would be nice to come to Calgary Nancy - but it is so important to be close to family. I'm starting to really miss mine, even though I phone almost every other day. It is our twin sons birthdays today. I cannot believe they are already 26!

Brian went home yesterday I tried to talk him into staying longer, but he felt that a month was long enough to be away from work. My GF is flying down this afternoon and then I will fly home with her on the 13th.

It is so hard to get back on track once we decide it is okay to have a little of this and a little of that. I did that in November when we went to Europe and I have struggled so much since. But I think I am now back 100%. Today I hit -49 pounds. I will hit 50 in a few days and I'm so excited! I can see the end. I bought a new dress to take to the DR the end of Feb for our formal night. I said to the saleslady that I wouldn't try it on because it was the biggest size they had and I would never be able to fit into it. She convinced me to try it on and it zipped right up and looks beautiful.

I need to get back into my laundry room today. I'm painting and I need to put the second coat on two walls and then it is finished. No more -- one red wall, two yellow walls, and one wall split in half with yellow and green. I really don't know what was in their heads when that room was painted. It was just downright UGLY. It is now a really deep rust color. I think I'm going to love it. There is lots of light in that room and the shutters and washer and dryer are all really white, so that lightens it up somewhat.

Hi to all. Sounds like everyone is busy and it is so nice that the weather is so nice now.
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #461
Die Cut Diva

Good morning ladies! It has been an odd couple of weeks around here.

Love the quilt Loretta, I would really like to see it in person.

Soap making, can't say I have ever been interested. Candle making is the closest I have come.

Deb, the yard looks wonderful. You must be happy.

Nanci, gotta go check your blog again, I was there awhile back, now I need to go check your new goodies.

Ruth, did you get to Magenta? I used to love their stuff.

Connie - greetings!

I hope i didn't forget anyone, my memory being what it is. Now that I get a chance to catch up, how"s everyone doing?

I have no crafts to report. I don't know where the last few weeks went. Dd has moved to Edmonton, and I am very sad. I do get to see her tomorrow though. DS has asked to develop the acreage to move onto it, so we are working that out. DH got the truck stuck out west on Thursday and I had to go rescue him. He had to go back the next day and dig it out. We have DD's cat for a week during the move and I am grateful he goes back tomorrow. Today is a slow start and I have to begin packing for Jamaica, and the house is a disaster....so no craft room for me today.

I am missing my happy place.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #462
Stazon Splitcoast

jUst had a nice drive down from Montreal to St Catharines, ON. Still snow on the sides of the streets in Montreal and plenty outside of the city but once we got going, it was like a Spring day! Beautiful sunshine so warm in the car but outside the temp was below zero for a lot of the way. By the time we arrived here though, it was +6 and the forecast is for several more good days until we get a mix of rain/snow on Thursday. Looking forward to scouting around the area while DH is working starting with the mall across the road from the hotel!!

Robin, as far as I can make out, Magenta is only an online company and who also sells their stamps through other outlets. Can't even contemplate looking at yet more stamp sets!! enjoy your holiday in the sun, you deserve it!

Nancy, would be great to visit kids in Calgary but enjoy them and their kids while they are close by and growing up. I miss so much of my little boy's life.

Think I might get an early night, didn't sleep too well last night, all sorts of strange drems/nightmares! Doesn't happen as often now but now and again get a really restless night.

Take care everyone, stay safe and warm. See Calgary and even Edmonton has been relatively balmy of late!

Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #463
Stazon Splitcoast

Had quite an interesting afternoon at the mall! Got talking to a very nice Dutch born lady then went for a coffee and got 'hit' on by some old fellow who was obviously very miserable and lonely. Thought he may have been recently bereaved but found out he was a miserably divorced male who had nothing good to say about his former wife! He was 'looking for a friend', his words!! Anyway I very politely listened to him for a while but made it very clear I was married and not looking for a friendship!!! It was quite bizarre, have never really had anything quite as openly being 'chatted up' as that for a very long time! DH thought it was hilarious when I told him! Anyway it seemed as though it was 'seniors day' at the mall as there were loads of us all over the place, not too many 'singles' though! Going to a different mall tomorrow........!!!!!!!

Managed to get a nice new hairstyle too, didn't even have to make an appointment. Was a bit wary as it was Magicuts in Zellers but the girl did a good job and it was not at all expensive. Not good at remembering to make appointments for the hairdressers so it's a good job done!

The weather here is still amazing, sunny and bright and reasonably warm, not double digits but not far short. There was also a nice breeze, I like wind and we rarely get any around where I actually live. It's like the sea, I miss that a lot and also the wind!

Take care, ladies and hug the ones you love, as Denise would say.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #464
Mad Swapper

I had to laugh at the situation you found yourself in, Ruth. And look, it gave you a story to share. The world is full of lonely people. It would be much easier if they made peace with themselves I've found I really enjoy my alone time

Nancy, I hope that you would still consider coming out to Calgary to visit. Even if it's only once or twice.It is nice that your kids are staying closer to be with family. After all, it is family.

Robin, I was in Edmonton last weekend too. I hope your trip is a lovely one- enjoy the sun and surf. Stay safe.

Deb, awesome news on your "loss". You will surely turn heads on holiday. I hope Brian is ready to beat off the admirers.

I just finished up some pennants and am glad it is done. Now just waiting for some swap returns. The ladies I swap with are a talented bunch so I am sure I won't be disappointed.

Now, to find more projects to do. Mayhap I will go back to the quilt I started before christmas. My issue was there was too much printed fabric and not enough contrasting stuff. I am still learning to balance my fabrics.I thought the fabrics were okay together since they were from the same line. I was wrong. it goes to show too much of a good thing can go awry and you need all kinds to contrast and make things pop.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #465
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad I made someone smile, Diane!!! With you chatting about your quilt, it makes me want to be back at home with all my stuff around me so I can choose which craft I want to do! I too like my alone time and even here with Rex working, I still get that break. So nice to be part of a crafty bunch where we all know what the other one is talking about!

Robin, hope your DD did well with her interview and that she will settle easily in Edmonton. It's hard when they move that much further from home and the odd 'girlie Saturday/Sunday' or even weekday meal is that much harder to arrange. Anyway have a wonderful time with your DH in sunnier climes.

Deb,wtg with the weight loss! It must be so satisfying to get to where you want to be in spite of all the temptations along the way. Enjoy the sunshine and warmth of Arizona while you can, I can't believe that Winter has done with us yet!

Everyone else, hope you all have a great day and your week continues well. I'm off to Michaels in a little while to get some versamark (have about 5 at home in Mission!!) so I can at least complete one project while I'm here!!! Must have been a seniors moment as I have the stamp set, the EP and the heat gun but no versamark. Duh!!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #466
Glitter Guru

Just about ready to hit the hay, but popped in to say hi

Glad to see you Robin, have a wonderful time Jamaica! I love the ads~the music...

Two families will be down in a couple of weeks, so I made a batch of 138 pyrogies and froze them~potato, sauerkraut, prune and a new kind for me~yam.

Good for you Deb, it is so hard to get the weight off and so easy to put it on!

Ruth, that was pretty funny hope the other mall was better!

G'nite Ladies, hope this week is going well
Old 02-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #467
Die Cut Diva

Wishing you all a good week. No internet for me unless you count the games room during a brief stop through.

Hugs to you all!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #468
Mad Swapper

HUgs, Robin. Remember to breathe deeply and enjoy your time with Rick.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #469
Mad Swapper

Happy V- day to all my peeps. As a very wise person once said (yes, Denise) :
Hug the ones you love
Old 02-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #470
Glitter Guru

Happy Valentines Day Lovely Ladies Hope you are doing something special!
Sending lots of Hugs to you all
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #471
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies!

Actually it's dull and overcast here in Montreal! Had a good week down in St Catharines until it decided to snow the last couple of days! However the roads were mostly clear on our way back to Toronto airport, just a little snowy and blowy around Hamilton.

On my travels again on Monday back to BC for a week before I leave to see my DGS and family. Looking forward to that trip and I'm sure it will go far too quickly.

WTG, Deb for Dana opening her own hairdressing salon. Hope all goes well.

Robin enjoy your time with Rick.

Nancy, Enjoy your week. I'm sure you'll be way more creative than me. Hope you don't have too much snow! Just noticed some large white flakes falling from the sky here!!

Diane, has your 'dry' spell creatively come to an end? Stay safe on those roads, hear Calgary got hit hard a day or two ago.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoyed a lovely Valentines day.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #472
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! You ladies sure are busy. I wish I only had something half as interesting to post.

A friend of mine lost her husband of 15 years last week at 50 years old. Such a shock! Makes me want to hug mine a little tighter...

Busy being a "professional volunteer" as my dh has described me. Band parents, 4-H, schools, and then all the kids activities. I definitely am not a "stay" at home mom!!! Sure lucky though.

We are off to Panorama next week to ski, and I am ready for the break! Its always nice to have uninteruppted family time!

I hope all are well, and that you had a happy Valentines day!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #473
Die Cut Diva

Hi to all. Visited with my grandbabies tonight. It is so neat to see how excited they get when we come in. Except Pyper Rose is making strange. She likes her Mom and sometimes her Dad, but not so much the rest of us! Makes me want to cry with her. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

I chatted with Carole. She sent her package to me for our swap before Christmas but I have not received it yet. If you don't mind, I think I'll hang on for a little longer, then get them swapped out. If anyone wants their swap earlier, let me know and I'll be happy to send out what I have and will send the rest later.

Going to Calgary tomorrow to help our daughter set up some business accounts for her new hair salon. She gave her notice where she was working and instead of her boss being happy for her, she was promptly fired. So she has two extra weeks of not working to be able to do more of all those little things. She is actually dealing with the Labour Board right now as well. Man, I dislike drama!
My Gallery
Old 02-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #474
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Deb, I am so sorry for Dana. I never will understand, why employers cant be happy for their employees. I understand that change is hard, but to expect your employees to stay forever! Im glad Dana is going to the labor board. They had no right to fire her, if they didnt want her at work, they could pay her for the 2 weeks and ask her to stay home though. I hope it all settles out.
Ruth, safe travels. Enjoy the time with your grandson.
Happy day everyone, and Hug the ones you love!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #475
Die Cut Diva

haven't checked in to see what everyone is doing, so I hope everyone is well.

Sitting in Jamaica, looking at the Carribean right now. I have a massage booked for this afternoon, and Rick is waiting for the wind to come up to go for a sail.

Better run....things to do.

Hugs to all.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #476
Glitter Guru

Robin, you forgot to take us with you, both to Jamaica and for your massage.

Poor DD failed her driver test, better luck next time

Heading out in the morning for Calgary, the kids have all week off school, excited to go to the tTower, and see the penguins at the Zoo. Hoping to get to Ikea, because I never got there before Christmas, and to Scrapbookers Paradise.

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #477
Die Cut Diva

Sounds absolutely wonderful Robin!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #478
Matboard Maniac

Hi Ladies ~
Finally found some time to "lurk" on the Site and found you all! Thanks Ruth for getting this going!
Happy belated birthday to you Robin on the 12th...hope you are enjoying the sun and surf! Pictures would be nice!
Sounds like everyone is getting through our winter, if you can call it that this year! Starting to get itchy feet for the good weather tho ~ enough of this cold stuff as we get snow last night, but at least the sky is blue!
Diane when are we doing another scrappy day, I need some inspiration! I have been diligent about getting some cards done and have promised myself a few pages, but I have promised my mom to make all the birthday cards for her to give for the year as she cant get out to do this anymore since her stroke. So I have about 15 more to do and she wants some for her auxiliary shop in the Senior's Centre she is in in Parksville, so now you know why I need the inspiration!
No permanent job yet, but lots of temp contracts in and about town. Going to work for Alberta Health for the next month down at Southport, Hey Dianne, maybe another IKEA night???
In the last couple months I have noticed a few things missing from my craft stash and I am sure I came home with everything from Olds last year but thought I would mention it. Gone from my room (it's very weird) are 3 big Sizzix/Tim Holtz dies, my mauve crop-a-dile in a case, a brad case full of small pretty stones and beads, probably about $200 worth of beads, and my ceramic dachshund dog dressed like Harry Potter....weird I know, but did I perchance lend any things to anyone last July??? (The dachshund aside....!!)
Speaking of Olds, Robin has a weekend been chosen for the cherished event?
take care all!
Gayle
Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #479
Die Cut Diva

Hi Gayle. Glad to see you pop in when you can. I wish I could help you and say that I had an extra tote, but sorry I don't. I did totally unpack as soon as I got home, and I didn't have anything extra. Yikes -- I sure hope you find a tote tucked away in a corner that you maybe forgot about. Here in my house, that could be a very likely event. However, our basement flooded last summer and we had to move EVERYTHING out and then I totally reorganized as I put it almost all back.
My Gallery
Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #480
Mad Swapper

Gayle!! Lovely to see you. If you are at Southport all next month, then you must come over if you promise to ignore the mess of my craft room. And you are welcome to help me sort if you think your stuff may be amongst my stuff