Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #401
Glitter Guru

I have been wondering about working with Minky fabric as well, what is it like?

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #402
Glitter Guru

Happy belated birthday Conni hope it was a great day!

Well, I was up a pound at my weigh-in yesterday--from Dec 13. So needless to say, I'm getting back on track this week and hopefully next Tuesday will be better. I took my crocheting but didn't get it out, just visited

Moved some furniture around today, tidied up some odds and ends, did a load of laundry, shovelled a bit of snow off my lower deck so it could dry up. The weather is so mild here, my driveway is all gravel again.
So, my word for this year is Accomplish and so far, I'm making progress in small steps.
Haven't got to my craft room yet, soon.....soon

My tree, wreath and some other decorations are staying up till Thursday--still looking too pretty to take down!

Hope you're all having a good week
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #403
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone

What a wet and windy day! Had to drive into town to rescue my on hold mail from the Post Office. It was supposed to have been delivered on Friday 30 Dec! Tuesday came, still no mail and then I checked this afternoon and the box was still empty so I drove to the PO and kicked up a little stink because EVERY single time I put my mail on hold something goes wrong. They are so inefficient and have managed to mess up my start delivery date every time! UUGGggghhh! Just my little rant for today!!! Customer service may be getting an email from me too!

Apart from that when I did open the mail, I had some lovely Christmas cards and one or two letters which was great. Need to speak to DD tomorrow and find out how DGS got on back at school. Actually they both went back to school today so I'd better ask how she got on with all her pupils after the holidays. It sometimes takes a week or so for them to settle after a break and that can be quite trying when you're a teacher!

Watching the new series Bomb Girls on TV, not sure whether I like it or not.

Have a good night, girls. Take care and stay safe.

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #404
Die Cut Diva

Oh minky -- I love the fabric. It is so soft and warm -- but working with it -- YUCK -- it is so messy. I had my vacuum right there at my sewing machine and every few minutes I would turn it on and vacuum everything. What a mess!! And, of course, it filled all the cuts in my self-healing mat and I'm still picking it out! But I love the finished product, so will probably work with it again (even though I said at the time, I would never work with it again)
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 01-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #405
Pearl-ExPert

Hmmm, the minky fabric sounds like a pain to work with. Is it as washable as cotton?
For me, that would be a dealbreaker. I had heard that minky was a horror to work with- although someone has said using it in conjunction with spray glue to baste makes it slightly easier to handle.

Only a pound, Nancy, that's awesome. Me, it was more. But all the celebration dinners are over and my brother returns to the UK tonight so I can settle down and work on losing some of the pounds put on.

If I had to pick a word for this year, mine would be flexibility. I am stiff and sore and inflexible (literally) and so maybe some yoga and stretching in is the future. Last fall, I signed up for a Feldenkrais class. It is an awareness through movement class and I really enjoyed it so I think I'll do it again this winter.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #406
Glitter Guru

My birthday was good, I spent it with my children, at the coolest pool!

A word for the year, I have had this thought return to my head more than a time or 2 lately, but am really not sure what I would pick.

I started my organizing, did the master bedroom, our walk in closet took the most time, walked out with a black garbage bag of clothes that don't fit or haven't been worn in years, felt much better after.

Plan to do some changes to my craft room this weekend, I am currently sharing the storage room, in the very basement of the house, well if you know me, you know I hate basements. I seem to want to scrap when the kids are in bed, and don't want to be down in the basement by myself, while my hubby sit upstairs. So my plan is to move 1 of my counter tops up to the spare room, and just keep my scrap stuff up there, not my stamps and card stuff. I got money from my MIL for my birthday and I seen that M's has their white cubes on 50% off, so I may pick some of those up as well, wish me luck, lol

Nancy a pound is very little, it will be gone in no time!

Deb I made fleece blankets for the neighbour girls for Christmas, and that got into the line on my cutting mat too, but they loved their blankets so I guess it was worth it. The one I made for my SIL, well my kitchen looked like a snow storm by the time I had finished it, and of course it was all stuck to my clothing too, quite a sight

My Creative Side

Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #407
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies!

Nancy, a pound is neither here nor there, you can weigh 3 or 4 pounds more at the end of the day than you do first thing in the morning!

Diane, I'll have to look up Feldenkrais, never heard of it! I have to admit, I get really stiff if I sit in one place for more than half an hour so I could do with some flexibility exercises! Perhaps this year is the year to lose weight and get more exercise and get fit!
Well I can dream or try it out. lol

Not much happening here apart from the wet and windy weather so nothing to report.

Take care, ladies and hug the ones you love.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #408
Glitter Guru

I've been accomplishing a fair amount, but still have the tree, wreath up and some other stuff and some stuff outside.
I've cleared out a couple of shelves made a weekly menu.
It's my turn to take some sort of info to the weigh in group, so I printed out some copies of the Canada Food Guide (for women over 51+) with a few sheets to write down the food intake.
Now, I've kept track for the last three days and it seems like a good thing so far. It says that I can have 7 fruits/veggies, 6 grains, 3 dairy, 2 meats/altern., and a couple of tbsp. oils/fats. See how I do for a couple of weeks
I'll have to look that up too Diane I tried a few warm up exercises and I need some balance and flexibility!

We had a nice break from the weather, but this evening we have little skiff of snow.

Haven't felt the urge to play with paper yet....
Old 01-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #409
Die Cut Diva

I was up 3 pounds over Christmas, but I'm back at it again. Once I get to AZ it will be very easy for me to get back on track 100%. I am down 44.2 pounds since August 25 -- and that included a week in Salt Lake City, a week in Arizona, a week in Paris, a week in Germany, Christmas and New Year's. I'd say overall, I'm more than happy with what I've done!

We fly out of Calgary on Sunday morning at 10:30 for Phoenix. Lots to do tomorrow before we go. We have our company Christmas party tomorrow night so will have to behave myself.

I did not receive Carole's cards yet. I do know that she has mailed them. I will wait until I get them. I'll be home early February for a week or two and will swap them out at that time. I hope everyone is okay with that plan.

Mid-February I'm going back to AZ and will get home around April 5-6. I sure hope I'll be able to handle being away for so long. I did go in today and looked after my 3 precious grandbabies for 5 hours. They were so good and we had so much fun. Lincoln has turned into a "grown-up" 4 year old. So smart (he has to show Gramma how to download onto an I-Phone - grrr). Lowen is just a fun little 2 year old. No cares, and a face and body full of bumps, bruises and scratches -- from running without being able to think first! And wee Pyper is growing like crazy. She smiles ALL the time. And has now started to giggle. Soooo sweet. (do I sound like a proud Gramma yet?)

Anyway gotta run. Take care. I'll pop in on occasion down south. I am taking a laptop, but don't have internet yet. It's on our list for this trip.

Keep warm, keep safe, and shed those pounds!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 01-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #410
Pearl-ExPert

Nancy, there is a couple of practioners living in Williams Lake and Ruth, there is one in Abbotsford.I did a quick search to see who was registered with the Feldenkrais Guild.
So, when people ask me what is feldenkrais, the quick answer is jewish yoga.Without all the om nama padme and other chanting that typically accompanies yoga. It is a series of movements done in repetition to help ease or relieve the aches and pains of everyday life..Very similar to the Alexander technique, it uses movements to bring awareness / or ease pain. In a group setting, the classes are called awareness through movement. If you have a one on one session, it is called Functional Intergration. I was introduced to it through a natural voice class I took ages ago. The instructor got us to stretch and so some feldenkrais exercises to loosen up our upper bodies so that the sound was better transmitted.

I enjoy the classes since you work at your own pace and typically, it is gentle enough that I am not hurting at the end of the class.

Anyways, you can search for some lessons on youtube or check out my instructors page since he has some lessons on there too. (Somatic Journeys - FELDENKRAIS Method)

Good for you, Nancy, for trying to document using the Canada Food Guide. Perhaps if I was so diligent, I would be on the losing streak too. I think a lot of it has to do with being aware to serving sizes as well as staying within the guidelines to stay within the prescribed calorie count. If only it wasn't feeling so much like big brother watching.....
Old 01-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #411
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Good morning ladies.

My word for this year would probably be 'enjoy'

Minkie, i have used it a couple of times and it definately is messy, but it is so nice for baby quilt backs that I will use it. I pin it like crazy to keep it from slipping, and am proud to report that I got a wrinkle free back 1st try last week.

UFO's are my projects for this year. I have too many to count, they are all sitting waiting. My goal this year is to spend $0 unless I just can't finish something without some supply. Oh, and materials to scrap our Jamaica vacation are excluded because I want speceal stuff for that.

I am hoping that this year I get away on some retreats. With Ricks new schedule he will be home more often, so I feel like I am able to get out more.

It is going to be a good year.......
Old 01-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #412
Glitter Guru

Robin, it IS going to be a good year Robin, I can just feel it I love your word!

Deb! good for you, that is awesome. I'm want to knock off 20lbs. in the first 5 months of this year--I'm going to Vancouver and the Island in May somtime and want to buy a few clothes.

Diane, thanks for that site, I'm definitely going to check it out and in the nicer weather, I will be going to WL maybe 3 times a month....so, you never know!

Snowing today, already shovelled about 3 flippin inches off my two decks!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #413
Pearl-ExPert

Nancy, I hope the snow slowed down somewhat.
We're supposed to get some tomorrow. It's been so warm, its more like April. Not that I am complaining- it's awesome.

I got myself a knifty knitter (round loom) just after Christmas and I have been making toques and scarves like crazy. Since I am not a knitter, it's been very fascinating for me and I am seriously thinking of getting a rectangular loom so I can do a single ply scarf since the circular scarf is taking waaay longer than I want to invest in it.

Good for you, Robin. I am hoping to finish off a pink quilt I started at the end of last year. if you find yourself down south, do stop in- I don't live too far from MY Sewing Room

I have a pennant swap to try and finish before the end of the month and am desperate for some inspiration. Must finish cutting the cardboard bases first, though
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #414
Glitter Guru

I had a pretty good day today, at least I think so. A few years back I jump into digital scrapping, and printed a bunch of LO's 8x8 and had then in albums. but these albums wehre never kept near the other 12x12 albums, so I decided to put them in the 12x12s. My boys were easy, I use 3ring binder types ablums for them, and the pages lines up, it was just a matter of putting them int he right time frame. For my daughter and the family ones, I had to put them on 12x12 cardstock, and move pages (oh how I wish they were all 3 ring style) I did get this all finished and got 2 LO's done today. Also got a pile proofed and ordered from Heritage Makers.

I am trying to shop my own shelves, which is realatively easy since I am 2 hours from the closest Scrapbook store.

I am trying the whole "word" for the year thing, and I keep coming back to "Content" Be content with what you have, be content with where you are at in your life. Seems suiting, be content with the supplies I already have. (but a cricut would be nice to make my titles, lol) Too bad I sold mine alfter not using it for a period of time. I get bored with things to fast and get rid of them, and then wish I hadn't, lol

My Creative Side

Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #415
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameldiva View Post
Nancy, I hope the snow slowed down somewhat.
We're supposed to get some tomorrow. It's been so warm, its more like April. Not that I am complaining- it's awesome.

I got myself a knifty knitter (round loom) just after Christmas and I have been making toques and scarves like crazy. Since I am not a knitter, it's been very fascinating for me and I am seriously thinking of getting a rectangular loom so I can do a single ply scarf since the circular scarf is taking waaay longer than I want to invest in it.

Good for you, Robin. I am hoping to finish off a pink quilt I started at the end of last year. if you find yourself down south, do stop in- I don't live too far from MY Sewing Room

I have a pennant swap to try and finish before the end of the month and am desperate for some inspiration. Must finish cutting the cardboard bases first, though
Knifty Knitter, sounds interesting, I started a scarf before Christmas, and haven't picked it up in a few weeks. Told my DD I would knit her a sleeve cover for her Kobo, should start that one of these days too

My Creative Side

Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #416
Glitter Queen

My word for this year would be "resolve" Several items have been left over for me. I need to try to resolve my health. It seems I have a gallbladder problem that needs to be diagnosed and dealt with. I need to resolve the storage of my supplies - way too many and unorganized so I don't know what it there and I need to use my supplies up before purchasing others. I need to resolve finances now that I am retired I am still spending as if I am working so need to work on a monthly budget and stick to it. There are many more but I think you get the idea.
CA
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #417
Glitter Guru

Everyone is busy I like that. I was down .5 of a pound yesterday

I still have some things 'started' but I'm going to allow myself one new project if I deal with an old one---either finish it, take it apart, or toss it!

I know what you mean Carol-Ann, I need to use up my supplies before buying more

Diane, I've heard of the knifty knitter, but still haven't seen how it works--i'll have to look it up.
Btw, I did look up the Feldenkrais and tried some of the online exercises and actually felt good after doing them
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #418
Pearl-ExPert

I am stuck halfway with my scarf on the knifty knitter. Because it is a complete round, the scarf is waaay too thick but I want to finish it. So slowly working on it. I did finish off a single crochet scarf I had started the same time. Methinks I used too thick a yarn so the scarf is rather thick and "stiff"

I hear you, Carol-Anne and Connie, about using up all your supplies. I have the same issues. Last month I joined the Unity Stamp Co kit club and silly me, I forgot to check when I had to respond by and of course I remembered too late so I am also getting this months kit, even though I wasn't all that sold on it. It's a little like the Columbia Records club where you have to send in your decline notice every month as it is an auto ship club. Next month I am setting my alarm so I don't forget to check and cancel.I still have so many stamp sets that I have not used yet. Time to clean out

Yaay, Nancy for attempting feldenkrais. My class on tuesday went well and I am looking forward to doing it every week. The best part about it is how gentle it is and you can even do it in your imagination
Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #419
Glitter Guru

we need to 'shop our own shelves' for a while lol

My Creative Side

Old 01-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #420
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Good morning ladies - liking the shop my own shelves concept. I will consider it 'browsing' rather than frantically digging around for that one brad I know I have that is the right color. Might be less stressful. LOL

Saturday morning and I am just waiting for the storm to arrive. They have been promising us colder weather all week, and it is supposed to arrive today. So I am going to go out and do some chores and then settle in for the day. The wind is really picking up out there, so maybe it will arrive soon.

I am liking the frosted card technique, so that is on my agenda today if I find time to play.

Does anyone have the Big Bite with the case? I found one at Home Sense for $40 so I picked it up, but I can't figure out how to slide the feet off to put it in the case. Do you have to take the screws out? If so, that is just plain dumb. I am going to lose the screws first thing. They will get lost just like the dozen beads I dropped on the floor and haven't seen since.

well, better run and get something done....
Old 01-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #421
Glitter Guru

Hey Robin, we got a bit of a storm yesterday, 6 inches of snow and lots of wind.
Needless to say, I stayed home, nice and cozy~coloured, knit, made some crepes and.....shovelled snow, at least it was really light

Today it's windy and -15 that 'feels like' -25! Good thing the sun is shining, I plugged my car in, in case it gets colder and going out for dinner later.

Hope you're all nice and toasty and finding things to do inside
Old 01-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #422
Rubber Obsessor

Hey there fellow canadians I am purging some of my stuff and wanted to let you know. It is all free to whoever wants it. Please come take a look, It is in the PIF thread in my signature. "See" you there!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #423
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! Hope you are all keeping warm and safe! Ive been lurking, but it seems like life gets away from me.
I need your help: I have been asked to volunteer at my kids old school, teaching a stamping related class for 3 one hour classes for grades 3 and four kids. I do this every year, so am a little stumped for something new and exciting. If you have ideas,I would love to hear it, and if you have photos or links, that would be fabulous too! thanks everyone! Hug the ones you love!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #424
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies! Well it is still technically morning here!

I just checked my word for January and it's 'hope'! So I am hoping you are all safe and well and not having too many difficulties with the snow and cold. Not so cold here but I am 'hoping' the guy turns up soon to plow my driveway and that I don't have to get it done too many more times before I head back to Montreal next week. Cancelled my flight for today because of the weather outlook and I am definitely 'hoping' that next week will be better. All the 'old' friends on here know how much I love (NOT) snow!! Someone once very unkindly told me to go back to the UK because I said snow makes me depressed, I find it so much easier to be at home here when it's raining like it normally does!!

Anyway looks like a whole 'crew' of guys has turned up to clear my driveway!! YAY. Probably the kids have come along too as it's a 'snow' day for all the schools around here. We have so many steep hills in and around Mission.

Better go and talk to these guys . Take care, ladies.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #425
Glitter Guru

Holy Moly is it cold today. our buses didn't run!

Still had to go out and load calves to go to auction, only out there about half an hour or so, and the little bit of my face that was ezxposed was very cold.

I am doing great with shopping my own shelves, used some chipbaord letters the other night that I bought.....easily 4 years ago or more, I knew I was saving the for 'just the right thing'

Been doing pretty good with the card making and scrapbooking, pretty much caught up

My Creative Side

Old 01-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #426
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone~

It's still white and pretty out there! I'm sure it's not quite as cold as where you are, Conni! Or even as cold as you girls in AB! At least I can get out now but when I went into Mission yesterday, was surprised at the state of the roads in town and the mall car parks were an absolute mess. Not enough snow plows to go round methinks! If I head outr today, I'm going to Mpale ridge, wasn't as bad that way as out here in the Valley!

Jenny, sorry I didn't say hi when I posted a day or two ago. I see from your PIF thread, you live across the river in Abbotsford. I see Paola found your thread too, she's a real fun lady and a wonderful hostess. Been away so often lately that I haven't seen her for ages and ages. Her card swaps are usually pretty good too, lots of the ladies are repeat swappers and do some awesome work. Will have to take a look at my stash sometime and see what I can part with for free, need to downsize my collection as well as use more of the stuff I have before shopping!!!!!!

Have a good day, girls and stay safe and warm.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #427
Die Cut Diva

my word for January would be excitement. I am excited to experience a new lifestyle, here at our home in Arizona. We came down on Jan 8 and I'm coming home in April, with the exception of about 1 week in February. Dana needs my help with a huge project she is doing -- so home I come. Brian will come home the first weekend in Feb to go back to work. He will come back the end of Feb for a week or two. We are hoping some of our kids can come down then too. We had 5 men from our stores down here for a meeting and they all spent the night here last night. They have left to go to Barrett Jackson car auction for the day and will fly home tonight. We then pick up a friend at the airport tonight and he will be here for about 5 days. He and Brian will go back to Barrett Jackson tomorrow for the day.

I've been busy getting the house to become more of a home for us. It is starting to look pretty "homey". I am loving it here.

It was +22 C here yesterday.
My Gallery
Old 01-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #428
Stazon Splitcoast

Nice one, Deb! Lovely to hear your home away from home is feeling more homey now! Enjoy the warmth! I love making places feel comfortable and friendly. I miss my space back in the UK. Will have to just start again in Montreal!!!

Have spent an anxious day waiting for DH to call me knowing he was travelling to Toronto then driving down to St Catharines. Bit annoyed with him for not making sure his BB and other cell phone were fully charged BEFORE he left! MEN!!! Anyway I can sleep soundly tonight knowing he's arrived without incident even if it took him forever to get there! He has instructions to call me first thing (my time) in the morning.

Sounds like we are going to get yet another blast of winter white overnight, then freezing rain and later in the weekend the temps MAY rise. So who knows what tomorrow will look like. I was hoping to go out to lunch with a friend but that will depend if she can get into town too. Will stay home and craft if it's snowing! Trouble with rain is that if the temps drop overnight, it's going to get icy and that's worse than snow!

Now to go get some dinner but what? Choices, choices!

Have a great evening, ladies.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #429
Pearl-ExPert

Rub, rub, rub it in, Deb! It's cold here, as you well may know. Somehow -18 doesn't seem as cold as -28 so things look like they are just getting better here for the weekend and supposed to extend into the week.

Ruth, I was thinking of you and your fondness for the white stuff (not!). Stay safe and warm and off the roads if it gets icy. I have a friend staying outside Seattle and she says it's been an absolute gong show for her area.

I have 11 pennants to craft and am feeling a little dry, creatively. Argh!!
I don't know why i do this to myself.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #430
Glitter Guru

Deb, 'plus' anything sounds good right now glad you are enjoying your time down south!
I was just noticing that it is staying light until about 4:30ish, even on a cloudy day--nice!
Ruth, are you looking for a house in Montreal? I've never been to the east side of Canada, but would love to see the east coast area.
Not too much exciting happening around here, a little crafting, baking, etc......I try to keep my blog up to date. Diane, I keep checking yours
Keep warm and safe
Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #431
Glitter Guru

Good Sunday morning Ladies what's everyone up to crafty-wise?

Diane how are you doing on the pennants? I've looked at some and they are beautiful!

Ruth thanks for the info on hearts, every time I shovel snow, I try to do it 'wisely'---gosh knows I have too much stuff to do, people to see, places to go....

Robin, did you get your big bite figured out? How did your frosted cards go? I have a few stray beads and pearls around my room too, sometimes I look for them and sometimes not, it makes me laugh every time they 'ping' out into space

I thought I'd try and do the weekly things on splitcoast, but my mind always wanders off in different directions. I spend way too much time looking at blogs online!

I'm making a tissue roll mini book right now, my first one. They are kind of cute, you can see it on my blog. Denise, that might be good for for your class or maybe it's too much of a project, kids are quick tho

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend
Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #432
Glitter Guru

Plus temps would be great, especially after the -40ish we had this last week, the buses didn't run because of the temps, but we still had to go out and sort and load our calves for auction.

Deb, my dad went down to Arizona for some car auction, but I don't know which one. I know he will be glad that he was gone while we had this cold weather.

Busy weeke here witht he calves going out and we hauled grain 3 days as well, today we have people here cutting meat, We butcher some of our own steers, so I have 6 extras for dinner.

I have been able to get a few projects done as well, I went into Peir 1 to buy a fabric chair the other day, and came out with the thought I would just paint the chair I had, and bought a cushion for it instead.

Bought a cool picture frame, to make into a nice white board as a :menu' board for the kitchen, seeing as my hubby won't let me paint a new cabinet with chalk board paint, go figure

Well better run and check on dinner

My Creative Side

Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #433
Die Cut Diva

I've been quilting and doing some inchies and twinchies. My favorite fabric store posted some Graphic 45 fabric on facebook and I had to have it. I drew up a pattern on some graph paper and bought the fabric and got the top pieced in just a few days. The fabric store wants to display it so I have to quilt it quick. I was at a scrappin retreat this weekend. I didn't get much done, I mostly just took my stuff out for a walk but it was fun.
What was that saying Diane? I laughed so hard I cried down my leg a little? I think that was it, lol!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #434
Pearl-ExPert

Yup, that was it, Loretta. I had forgotten about that quote.

I am drowning in pennants- am doing a pennant swap with some friends. of course I left it to the last minute so am biting my nails for ideas and inspiration. I tell myself every time, this is the last time I sign up for it. but in moments of weakness, I cave and taken on too much. Sigh.

I hear you, Nancy. My blog has been silent for ages. But I can't do anything for it until I finish my swaps.

Can't wait to see the pictures of your quilt, Loretta.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #435
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies, so glad the weather is back to normal, I HATE cold!

My daughters 16th birthday today, off to the city we go she has an orthodontist, dentist and optometrist appointments, then we are out for supper at Moxies!!

My Creative Side

Old 01-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #436
Die Cut Diva

I am in love with Graphic 45- whether it's paper or fabric. Love it! I'd love to see a picture of your quilt Loretta.

Diane, your work is so incredible. It seems like it turns out so gorgeous whether you leave it to the last minute or not. I too would love to see pics.

Conni - they were probably at Barrett Jackson Car sale in Scottsdale. We go every year. My husband loves the cars. We've only been down here for a couple of weeks and he (I) have been to 6 days of car shows/sales. It is an amazing place to be. We love it there.

Did yard work today. Planted a new palm tree to replace one that didn't survive the frost from last year. Brian loves to work in the yard and he has it looking pretty fine. I think I could live here full-time, if the government would let me and if my kids could visit every month!
My Gallery
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #437
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies!

Trying to get ready to visit cold and distant climes but seem to have run out of steam!Fortunately the snow is begiining to get washed away by the rain and we actually got some sunshine this afternoon! Had lunch with a friend who was suffering a little 'cabin fever', the roads around where she lives have been really icy due to freezing rain so she has been out less than I have!! It was good to catch up as we hadn't seen each other since sometime in November. Then I went to Winners in Abbotsford as I needed a couple of new suitcases and got a deal on some in the sale. I won't be looking around wondering which cases are mine as these have quite a colourful pattern on them! Actually I always know my baggage anyway because of the SU ribbon tied to the handles. Even Rex recognises it these days. lol

Nancy, not lloking for house in Montreal but maybe a different apartment to the one Rex is currently in. I think we need a little more space than a studio, fine for him on his own but if I am going to stay for weeks at a time, I think we need at least a one bedroom place so there is not a bed in the 'living' area. I always end up buying little bits and pieces and the little luxuries that make wherever we are more like 'home'.

Really need to get on with some cards but like you, Diane, I feel creatively bereft of ideas! Did some knitting instead!!

Better go to bed as I do want to get up at a reasonable hour tomorrow. Have a good night all. Will give you a wave as I pass over Saskatchewan on Thursday night, Conni! Hope you DD had a good 16th birthday.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #438
Die Cut Diva

I too Ruth have different luggage and so it is easy to pick it out of the sea of black! I have never been to Montreal but we do fly into there on our way to Brian's company trip. This year it is in the Dominican. Never been there either. We will fly back here after. I will be home for a couple of weeks in February.

Dana is opening a hair salon in town and so is busy having renos done. I'm going to go home and give her a hand for a few weeks. It's time to see my kids and grandbabies already.

I don't know what is worse -- frozen rain, or just plain cold with snow. I think I like the snow better. Maybe because I'm used to driving on those roads and not so much on frozen water.

We have been busy today. We planted 6 new bushes. Two are birds-of-paradise. I sure hope they will flower for us. We need to run back into town and pick up some fertilizer for them, so I'm off again.

Hope all is well with everyone.
My Gallery
Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #439
Glitter Guru

I agree, I would love to see the quilt Loretta Besides paper, fabric is just as addictive to me!
Deb, I'm envious of you working in the yard
Happy Sweet 16 to your DD Conni, they sure grow up fast!
I have accomplished ZIP today, went to weigh-in--down another half pound.

Actually I accomplished ZIP yesterday too, spent both days visiting with different friends. My close friend who had a mastectomy last year in April is having another this week. My other close friend (has already had a double), her son has a brain tumor and has way outlived their expectations, but gosh is that hard on everyone. And I have another card making friend who is having a really tough time with her breast cancer. Gosh, I'm full of good news today......I'm actually feeling very darn fortunate!

Anyway, keep on keepin' busy Ladies
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #440
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy, yes we are fortunate when you hear of all the difficulties and health issues some people have to cope with! Rex's niece was complaining on FB the other day that she felt bad 'cos of a sore throat, runny nose and a headache and could anything be worse than feeling like cr**, so I told her she was fortunate that's all she had and not some lifethreatening illness!! I'm afraid she doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me as I know how she lives her life! Better say no more!

Anyway, I've had a busy day sorting out all sorts of stuff! We have way too much china, bedding, towels, clothes and even furniture!! And way too much craft stuff, not just cardstock either!! It's time to get rid of some but for a week or two, it'll have to wait, I have a man to visit in Montreal!!

Looking forward to spending some time with DH before I head off to the UK at the end of February just for a couple of weeks. Need to see DD, DGS etc as well as catch up with other family this time. Got to spend a 'crafty' few days with my SIL as we have wedding stationary we need to complete for her son and his intended.

Got another busy day tomorrow so am going to get an early night. Take care all.