Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #361
Glitter Guru

Hi guys
Nice photos Conni!
Good for you Deb on losing the weight, my gosh I find it hard to get off...once it's there!

I only have a couple more gifts I want to get and think that will do it! I went over everything tonight--sorted and ticked everything off. Should be able to wrap this weekend. Got most of my cards out today. Did some baking yesterday and one more day and that will be done too I want to be totally ready before the kids descend on the place!

Hope you are all keeping warm
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #362
Glitter Guru

I am going into the city tomorrow with my daughter for her orthodontisti appointment, so I am hoping to finish up then. Haubby wants to go in 1 day this week too to get his done, then on to the wrapping! Did lots of baking last week, the freezer is stocked!

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 12-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #363
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone!
We must all be busy! Posts are few and far between!
Life has gotten crazy around here, and I can hardly wait for the holidays! I havent even mailed my cards, although I have had them made for 3 months!!! That is Saturdays project!!
Have a great weekend girls! Love and hugs to you all!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #364
Glitter Guru

Good Morning Everyone
Christmas is fast approaching! Less than a week till my kids get here

I tried to insert a really cute photo of my two youngest Grandkids on Santa's knee, but sadly can't seem to do it....can anyone offer advise?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #365
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

G'day all. Sorry I have been absent. It has been a strange time. Not bad strange, just different strange and I find myself feeling a bit adrift.

I am ready for Christmas except for a batch of cookies that will be made next weekend. Rick won't be here this year, he has to work. I have to share DS with his new love, so it is primarily DD and myself, and she is a bit down because she broke up with her boyfriend. My sister and I are fighting because she is being a bossy ***** so dinner at Mom's will be interesting. HoHoHo

Deb - I will phone you and set up a time to swap before you leave on the 8th.

Nancy - have you tried going into 'advanced' and using the paper clip icon?

Today is my last vacation day before I go back to work. I am going to head to the store to buy groceries for next weekend, well, everything but the fresh stuff.

Take care all!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #366
Die Cut Diva

Busy time here as well for me. I am ready for Christmas. My family is coming Christmas Eve (there will be 45 of us). Just our kids and their families Christmas Day (16 for dinner). We then have tickets for the World Juniors in Edmonton, so will be doing hockey on Boxing Day and will have to miss out on Brian's family Christmas. We were all together here at my house in November (52 for dinner) for his sister's 60th birthday party.

Carole mentionned that she would be sending her cards but I have not yet received them. I have not received Ruth's either. I think I will go ahead and swap them out before we leave on the 8th. My plans are to stay in Arizona until April, with maybe a trip back once to see the family.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #367
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted to let you Canadians know that I have started a new thread for PIF our items there are basicallu no set rules except please enjoy the stuff that is PIFFED to you as I love to see my stuff I do not use got to someone who will enjoy them, Fell free to come see.

The link is in my signature.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #368
Pearl-ExPert

Arghh! So close to Christmas and still havn't gotten all my gifts yet.
I hope everyone is doing well. And coping better than yours truly,
Old 12-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #369
Die Cut Diva

Okay -- I'll rub it in Diane.
Shopping finished.
Wrapping finished.
House decorated finished.
Went to the mall last night with my girlfriend so we could watch people scurrying around. It was fun.

I have 45 coming here for Christmas Eve. I am all ready - even wine glasses set out, coffee cups set out, dishes, napkins all out.

Just patiently waiting.....soon
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 12-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #370
Pearl-ExPert

Pffft, Deb!
Good on you for being so organized.

Still need to get some gifts but may wait till middle of the night to see what is open and available..... Stuporstore and Sprawlmart...
Old 12-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #371
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everyone

Back in the loop again but am in Montreal not at home!! Just got back from the UK on Wednesday after sorting out a few things. Due to go back to Mission just before New Year to check out some stuff there then it's back to this side of the country again for a few weeks. Getting a little fed up with all the travelling but will put up with it if it means I can spend time with DH!

Hope you all have a really great Christmas and enjoy time with family and friends. Had an early christmas before leaving UK with my DD, SIL and DGS and it was worth every moment of the travelling. DGS is hilarious, he wanted to know how I knew he wanted a Star Wars Light sabre! If anyone has seen the advert for light sabres on Canadian TV, he was even more excited than the kid on there!!!!! We told him I had Santa's phone number and I would be able to get in touch with Santa if he didn't keep being good till Christmas Eve!!! Anyway I am his favourite right now. How long that will last depends on what he gets on Christmas day then also Boxing day when he visits the other side of the family. lol

Had a little snow here in Montreal today so it's feeling quite Christmassy! Not that I have any intention of going mad with last minute Christmas shopping. I'm done and we tend to keep things very simple and low key anyway. Gone are the days of large family parties! Good luck with that Deb!

Better go and keep the man in my life entertained now he's off for a few days.

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Old 12-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #372
Pearl-ExPert

Ruth! you're back!!
So happy to "see" you.
Christmas in Montreal sounds so romantic- it is fitting that you are spending it with Rex.

DGS sounds like a fire cracker and I am sure he has brought much joy in your lives. Christmas truly is for the kids.

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #373
Die Cut Diva

Merry Christmas to all! Finally the night has arrived. 45 here in 2 1/2 hours!!!! Excited -- yes! I love the busy"ness" of this time of year (only when I'm not the one being busy). Lincoln and his Dad just left and will be back soon. They were hungry and Chels was busy and I guess they felt neglected. They knew that I would feel sorry for them, I guess. So grilled cheese sandwiches for them it was!

Anyway, whatever way you are celebrating, and with whomever it is -- I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.
My Gallery
Old 12-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #374
Glitter Guru

Merry Christmas girls!! I wish for you, presents under your tree, family at your table and Love in your heart!!

My Creative Side

Old 12-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #375
Die Cut Diva

Good Christmas morning ladies - Christmas hugs for everyone!

DD and I spent the night together last night, making appies for today and watching silly movies. It was a great girls night. We connected on MSN with family down East so got to see the kids there.

Today we are to see my mother and some of my family. It will be a traditional Christmas day feast. Then tomorrow it is my turn to cook. Rick gets in from work late tonight, so we will do some celebrating tomorrow with DS&GF and DD.

Then there are 2 days to get everything cleaned up and ready for the new year ahead.

I predict 2012 is going to be a fantastic year!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #376
Glitter Guru

Sorry I didn't get here sooner Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! So good to see you Ruth
My kids being here was the best present of all I got royally spoiled, lots of talking, laughing, hugging and opening presents till you couldn't see the floor anymore! So much food! I'm sure I gained 10 lbs!!
Just one family here right now, then my older son and family come back this weekend

Guess what Diane, my younger son and family are seriously talking of moving to Okotoks!!! I'm excited they are making sure they get a place with a bedroom for me so I can come and stay with them as long and often as I like

The only crafty thing I received this Christmas was the Dream Kuts---I did a happy dance

Happy New Year everyone I know it's going to be a good one!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #377
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, Nancy! Okotoks is beautiful. Only about half hour from the southern edge of Calgary and closer enough to the mountains, you can see them. And they aim for a small town feel downtown and it is right on the Sheep River, I think. Best of all, I often go though Okotoks on the way to Eden Valley ever so often. Nancy, you have a place to stay at if you come this way. I have tons of room.
I do hope they make the move, Nancy!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #378
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies from a bright and very chilly Montreal! Still recovering from this stupid head cold/throat infection but feel so much better this a.m. Sounds like everyone has had a great Christmas and that's good.

Maybe next year, Rex and I will get to spend it with our family! Will have to organise the schedule way ahead for that to happen!!!!

Back off to a mild and damp part of BC tomorrow. Sort of looking forward to going there if only to sleep in my own bed but wishing someone else could take over organising all the changes we are making! Maybe once the New Year comes I'll be more energised!

I suppose I'd better go pack my case and decide what I'm leaving her for when I get back. The trouble with stamping stuff it can be quite heavy especially if you carry a load of cardstock!! lol

Have a great day and if I don't get back within the next couple of days, have a wonderful New Year.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #379
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb, it would appear my package has arrived and you should have a card saying where you can collect it! Just checked out the tracking.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #380
Die Cut Diva

Happy New Years Eve everyone. Slow start to my day today, but soon the Cranberry muffins will be out of the oven and i will get on with my day. Plans are to spend the day in the craft room. Maybe focus on finishing some projects to 'turn the new page' and out with the old.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #381
Glitter Guru

Happy New Year Everyone I just know 2012 is going to bring wonderful things.

I'm so anxious to get back to the crafting first thing Tuesday morning!

One of my girls gave me a book to keep track of 'things'. So far, I've written down all the gifts received and given this Christmas, cards to and from, dinners and guests. I'm going to try and keep this up for the year.
I don't know about you ladies, but at times I can't remember who gave or got what! I think I'll keep track of things borrowed too
Trivial but noteworthy 'stuff' Could this be a resolution? Good gosh, not something I usually do, lol
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #382
Die Cut Diva

Good New Years everyone. Hope everyone has a good evening. Sun is coming up and coffee is on.

I finished another baby quilt yesterday. I hope my niece has a girl like she thinks, or i will have to do another one up quick.

Today is lunch with DD and other than that, who knows. I don't go back to work until Tuesday, so i have a feeling the next couple of days will feel long.

Nancy the book is a wonderful way to keep track. I have used a desk type diary for years to keep track of things that are important to me, not just appts. It may have reminders to phone an old friend, notes on what I did that day.....these books are kept and if anyone wants to look at my life, that is where it will be.

A dear friend is struggling through a life change, and I gave her one for Christmas and told her to use it the same way, a books of hopes, dreams, and good deeds. We will see how she works with it.

Just consider it talking to your best friend (yourself).

Now, i do have one for 2012, but i put it away and can't find it......and i didn't write down where i put it in the old one. There has to be some irony inthat don't you think? Lol
Old 01-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #383
Pearl-ExPert

Happy New Years, my friends!

Robin, you are in inspiration. I am going to try and finish that quilt top that has been sitting stalled. And I am still in the mood to made christmas cards so I shall work on them all year so I will have an endless stash of chirstmas cards for this year. It feels so strange to think we've crossed over to 2012. My sister had a pyjama and pizza party last night- we were all struggling to make it to midnight :0 Surely, it is sign of the times
Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #384
Glitter Queen

Happy New Year All. I have just come back to SCS I started a couple of years ago and then just forgot that I was a member. This year have decided to just make time and renew some old friendship and make new. I am retired and a bit of a homebody but an artist so only leave the house when I really need to. I am a grandmother of 4 lovely grandkids 3 girls and a boy ranging in ages from 9 to 15 months.

I live in Ottawa so I just found this group and decided to introduce myself.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #385
Glitter Guru

Happy New Year ladies, hope you all had a wonderful night!!

My new year plan, to start cleaning the house, washing walls, organizing closets...fun stuff!!

My Creative Side

Old 01-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #386
Die Cut Diva

Happy New Year to you all!!!

Ruth, I did receive your package on Friday. Sorry I didn't post that I received it. I am now just waiting to receive Carole's and then will get them sent off to everyone (after Robin and I meet for lunch and to swap out hers). We had tickets to the World Juniors in Edmonton and I was driving back and forth every day, leaving here at 11 am and getting home at midnight. So, needless to day, I was just lucky to get it picked up.

I have a very busy week ahead of me. We leave for Arizona next Sunday (8th) and I need to finish my books for 2011 and send to our accountant, finish up our insurance claim for our flood and get it sent off, pay some bills, and get us packed up. I don't know when I'm coming home, but it might not be until April -- if I can stand being away from my kids and grandbabies for that long!

btw, the book sounds like a very good idea. Just may have to give that a try.
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #387
Glitter Guru

Welcome Carol-Anne All of us here have known each other for a while now and have actually met with most!
i'm a grandma to 6 and although 3 of those are 'step-grandchilren', they are every bit as loved as my other 3.

My last family just left, so will spend the day doing up washing and putting all the Christmas gifty things in their proper places and just general clean up. Maybe spatter that with some phone calls to friends!

Have a good one Everybody
Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #388
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the warm welcome, Nancy. Today I have two small glass pieces in the kiln a fish and a spoonrest melting. Managed to get my house back in some sembelance of order and have almost finished my laundry. I am pulling out my art journaling tools to do a new beginnings page. Pretty relaxed here listening to some Chick Corea and Joss Stone.

CA
Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #389
Die Cut Diva

Welcome Carol-Anne. Sorry I didn't welcome you earlier, but as usual I just made a quick post and ran. What kind of glass firing are you doing? I haven't used my kiln in so long - I was actually just talking the other day that I should sell it to someone that would get some use out of it!

Got lots done today. House is "unChristmassed" - lots of paperwork accomplished. Going to watch the 1/4 final WJ hockey game. ttyl
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #390
Glitter Queen

Hi Deb, thanks for connecting. I fuse system 96 glass in my kiln. I make bowls, dishes, wall art and pendants. What kind of Kilnwork did you do? I have been fusing for about 6 years now and have been making cards for about 2 and art journaling for a little over a year. Now I am ready to expand the creative spectrum of working with paper, stamping etc.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #391
Die Cut Diva

Hi Carol-Anne, welcome to the group.
Diane I was on a blog the other day that had a U.F.O. challenge. The idea is to finish twelve U.F.O. s in a year. I thought I couldn't possibly have twelve but it turns out I have 14. I put them all in a box under my cutting table so they are handy to work on. The first one I pulled out was a block of the month from 2004. I'm sooooo embarrassed!
I also worked on a baby quilt for my friends baby. Of course when I started it it was for her 4th child and now it'll be for her 9th. Good thing she wasn't expecting it.

Deb, have a wonderful trip!

Robin, what a great idea, I must do that!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #392
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy New Year, ladies! Decided I needed to 'fire up' my laptop again, left the mains leads in the car and couldn't be bothered to go fish them out for the last two days!

Sounds like you have all been way busier than me. I just took a couple of days out to recover from all the travel, the throat infection/head cold etc before I tackle anything else.

Welcome Carol-Anne, from another retiree! I don't get to stay at home for too long as DH quite often works away and all my family are in the UK so I am there almost as much as here! Spent an early Christmas there with my DD, her hubby and my DGS as well as a week either side of Christmas in Montreal with DH. I love stamping, make mostly cards, have started knitting and crochet again recently but have yet to get around to sewing,cross stitch and quilting etc!

Deb, good luck with the packing and enjoy your trip. Hopefully the warmth and sunshime will keep you going when you're away from your family. Not sure I can see you staying there till April though! I know my SIL and her DH find it hard to stay in Spain for longer than 4 - 6 weeks because of their kids and grandkids! Take care.

Time to have an early night so sleep well everyone. Stay warm and safe if you're on the roads again tomorrow.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #393
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome, Carole-Anne! I am a sucker for a new quilt and I do enjoy making cards, for the most part. Am not overly joyous about going back to work, although amd happy that life can return to some semblance of normalcy.

Loretta, I dread to think about UFOs. I have a fairly new project on the go from last month. It was a bunch of fat quarters I had bought and now that I've pieced the blocks together, I find that there is too much of the good stuff and it is too pink. So I am in the process of trying to dilute out the pink with rails of cream. We'll see how that works out.

Here's a question then, what if you look at your old UFOs and really don't like what you started? Do you then try and finish it and give it away?

Deb, enjoy your trip south. The warmth and sunlight will be really welcoming. Ruth, where are your relatives staying in Spain? When I was there last year (was with my uncle on the Orihuela coast (Torrevieja being the closest town), I was fascinated to see more Brits and other nationals there than the locals.

I am still clinging to Christmas, although I should just go ahead and take my bitty tree down since it will take me ages to put everything away. Perhaps that will be my task this evening.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #394
Glitter Guru

Welcome Carol Anne!

My birthday yesterday, spent the day with my children we went to the coolest pool, it had waterslides, a lazy river, a wave pool and a hot tub, pretty cool, too bad I forgot my book at home, once I got cold and got out of the pool, I would really liked to have read.

Off to work today, but really wanting to stay home and clean, weird huh?? wanting to clean!!

My Creative Side

Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #395
Glitter Queen

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. It is so cold in Ottawa today -28 with the wind chill I need them. I am just going to cozy down with a good book, a blanket (no quilt) and a hot cup of peppermint tea. Most of my cleaning was done yesterday so just chillaxin' today.

Also trying to stay away from any online supply stores...

CA
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #396
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening, ladies!

Diane, my SIL has a place somewhere near Cartegena south of Alicante in the Murcia region of Spain. I don't know the name of the actual village where their house is but apparently it was really really warm there last Summer!! Maybe I should invite myself there during the winter months then I think I could cope with the heat!

DH is in Ontario at the moment and he says it's 'fffrreeeezing' with the wind chill! He has a ship in dry dock somewhere near St Catharine's, Port Weller or some such place. Anyway he's likely to be there on and off for a few weeks and is hoping I can join him at some point as he says it's not too far from Nigara Falls. Personally I'd like to wait till later when the weather is not quite as chilly!! It's quite wet here right now but incredibly mild considering it's January. I feel more at home with this kind of weather.

Had a really nice lunch and catchup chat with my cousin in Abbotsford today. We both agreed we'll make do with the rain rather than the snow even though she was Calgary born and bred and lived in Toronto for over 20 years!

Must start some stamping tomorrow, lots of wedding invites, orders of service, thank you cards to get going on. I have a lot of embossing to do! Need to make a whole load of Birthday cards for Hospice too, I can do those when I tire of making too many of the same things for the wedding stuff!

Have a great evening, everyone.

PS Happy belated Birthday Conni.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #397
Die Cut Diva

Diane, I really only have one UFO that I hate, the others I just got involved in something else and kind of forgot about. The one I dislike are the blocks I got from a shop hop. The fabrics are nice but far too busy to be put into an already very busy block. I would throw them out but the lady I went with wants to make her boy a quilt with them. She can't find hers or the extra fabric she bought so I keep them in limbo here in my stash. The shop hop was fun though, the shops each had a theme. One had Hawaii as the theme and we dressed up in hula skirts and coconut bras.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #398
Die Cut Diva

If you have UFO's Diane that you really don't want - our Guild in Red Deer is happy to accept them. We finish them up and then donate the quilt. We completely furnished the new Hospice with quilts on each bed and wall hangings on the walls. We donate quilts to different organizations as fundraisers for them, and make quilts for needy families. All for a great cause!

Carol-Anne - I used to teach porcelain doll making. I had 4 kilns that I used (all various sizes). I sold 3 of them when I sold the store and kept one here in my studio. I have not used the one in my studio since, so I really need to sweep off the dust and let someone have it that will use it.

The shop hop sounds fun Loretta. I took 5 UFO's down to our home in AZ, along with my old sewing machine. I hope to pick away at them and finish some. I made a beautiful minky quilt for Pyper Rose for Christmas. I turned out so cute. I was over there the other day and Lincoln (who is now 4) was curled up on it and said "Gramma, this is the nicest blanket ever". Maybe I will buy that dinosaur pattern in AZ and make one for him too. Then, of course, Lowen would need one too.
My Gallery
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #399
Pearl-ExPert

Ruth, I never did make it to Cartagena, and the one day we were in Alincante, we spent wandering the town in a car looking for a place to eat at and got hopelessly lost trying to find the castle. In our defence, we got lost because it was the eve of a feast and the roads were blockaded in preparation for the celebrations. It*was* hot there in May. If you're anything like me, you may not enjoy it as much

The weather's been really mild here in Calgary and we are truly enjoying it. make hay while the sun shines, right?

Because I am fairly new to quilting, I don't have any long forgotten UFOs in my collection. Just a couple of quilts waiting for a redo. Deb, was minky fabric easy to work with? I finally got a darning foot for my machine- its a Husqvarna but it took a Janome foot. Go figure.Goal for this year is to attempt free motion quilting. Must get an extension table made up first. Am too cheap to buy one (over 100$ ) but if I can con someone into making one for me, that might work. If only I was handy with woodworking tools..... I tried many years ago- no interest in woodworking at all.

Loretta, was this shop hop recent? Sounds like a lot of fun
Old 01-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #400
Die Cut Diva

The shop hop was a few years ago, three I think. I've been wondering about minky too. It's so soft and cuddly!
I used to have a Husquevarna but the feet for it were sooooo expensive. It was a serious little workhorse though. I loved it.