Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to StampingQueenJAR
Default SNAIL TRAIL GROUPIES

Here is our new home, girls! Check in and let's see who found it!

Hey Debi -- how about ewillow.com?

And if you don't love snails as much as Jules and I do, too bad. They are sweet on paper......LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

They are sweet on paper but messy in real life. lol

I like the new home... Maybe I won't be by myself on this one. Lol... Kidding... I know everyone is busy and what not.

Just got home from the boys school. Started laundry. Did my bible study early this morning, now off to the store to get some food in the house. would love to stamp something today we will see how it goes.

Jules your thoughts on this... and anyone else who wants to chime in. Sometimes it feels like everyone thinks you need to have a *schedule, or a set way* of your walk with the Lord. Now correct me if I am wrong... Doesn't he just want you to spend time with him, make time to really listen and talk with him. doesn't ahve to be a set time and day etc. Isn't it not about *how* everyone else does it? Sometimes I tell you I think the enemy really makes me feel like crap when I do it my way, verses everyone elses day. KWIM I really brought this to the lord today because it is buggin me... Just thought I would get your thoughts... and anyone else who is reading. lol
bbl
Old 10-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to debils

Okay weird new name but I can deal. I don't mind snails, snakes I have a problem with.

I'm not Jules but I will chime in Stacy. God made us all different, different talents, different gifts, I highly doubt that he expects up to be in relationship with him all in the same way. KWIM? I have ADHD and I just plain struggle with quiet time. If you have to have a daily quiet time to be a Christian I am in big trouble. Not that I don't pray, I do, several times a day. I pray when I do dishes and I pray every time I sit down to my computer, my prayer list is right beside my computer but sit for an hour and read the bible and pray, that just doesn't happen in my life. In a perfect world yeah that is probably how it should work but for now I keep my bible open and read a bit when ever I pass it by and I pray as I do other things and I listen to praise music when I walk alone and that just has to be enough because that is all I have. And getting eaten alive by guilt because maybe it isn't the way it should be done just isn't going to be a part of my life
BLOG
Old 10-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Judy I saw ewillow but I'm not really sure people actually manage to sell stuff on there or esty.
BLOG
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Julesiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinshappy View Post
They are sweet on paper but messy in real life. lol

I like the new home... Maybe I won't be by myself on this one. Lol... Kidding... I know everyone is busy and what not.

Just got home from the boys school. Started laundry. Did my bible study early this morning, now off to the store to get some food in the house. would love to stamp something today we will see how it goes.

Jules your thoughts on this... and anyone else who wants to chime in. Sometimes it feels like everyone thinks you need to have a *schedule, or a set way* of your walk with the Lord. Now correct me if I am wrong... Doesn't he just want you to spend time with him, make time to really listen and talk with him. doesn't ahve to be a set time and day etc. Isn't it not about *how* everyone else does it? Sometimes I tell you I think the enemy really makes me feel like crap when I do it my way, verses everyone elses day. KWIM I really brought this to the lord today because it is buggin me... Just thought I would get your thoughts... and anyone else who is reading. lol
bbl
Big Breath In...
This is one of my biggest flesh struggles.
I am not a morning person--and for years I justified that God doesn't want to deal with me in the morning. He just doesn't deserve my crankiness.

I have heard preacher, and speaker, and many others who advocate a morning quiet/devotional/prayer time. Finally, one lent, I gave in (yes "gave in") and tried it. Gradually my concentration grew, the time of prayer (before my mind would wander). The change in how my days went was dramatic. Also, I have learned that He doesn't mind me bringing a hot cup of coffee to my time with Him.

With the move here, I have lost sight of the morning time, and I truly need to get back to it.

It is much like tithing, IMO, you give the first part of the day. Demonstrating that time and life are His gift to us.

Now you have inspired me--running up to the bedroom to set my alarm for an earlier time.

my blog
Old 10-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingQueenJAR View Post
Here is our new home, girls! Check in and let's see who found it!

Hey Debi -- how about ewillow.com?

And if you don't love snails as much as Jules and I do, too bad. They are sweet on paper......LOL
I am kickin myself for not doing the free trial on ewillow!!
I had meant to--then time just got away!

my blog
Old 10-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You girls are awesome... See I am not a morning person either, but after I have set a time aside once a week and that is working great for me. I can keep my mind clear knowing that that day is coming etc. Does that make sense? If I do the morning thing I get all wrapped up in what I should be doing today, or what to check on etc. But MAYBE Jules is right that its a disipline (spelling) on my part that I need to do. hhhhmm... Jules you got me to thinking...maybe I should do a fast for 40 days of doing a morning first thing prayer time or devotional time... hhhhmm.... gotta give this some thought. I haven't done a 40 day fast in awhile either, I used to do one every year. ACK... .I am such a slacker.

Debi I do the same thing when I am doing other things.... praying. I am in a conversation all day you could sorta say and I like that. I think that it is mostly one person saying some things that have gotten to me and I need to let it go. I am not here to please the world but to please God. I did ask him to show me if he wants me to improve on some areas of my walk with him this morning. So maybe this is my answer....
Old 10-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Debi you can always send some to the troops... I know they would like them, their is no money involved with that but a worthy cause.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinshappy View Post
Debi you can always send some to the troops... I know they would like them, their is no money involved with that but a worthy cause.
I do every year sometimes twice a year I send one of those flat rate boxes that cost around $10 to send. I only save the best stuff and I literally have a card rack here full of my best. I need a way to support my habit. I have probably enough $$ to keep me in stamps and card stock for at least 6 months, maybe a year if I am careful because I did really well in my last month as a demo but after that, not sure what I will do. Thank goodness for dt work!!!
BLOG
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #10
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Stacy, I think that God doesn't care when you spend with him (morning, afternoon, evening). But I think that he does want something set aside each day, and not just when you can fit it in. I agree with Jules that it makes a dramatic difference in your day. You know I am a morning person, but even if I wasn't, I couldn't possibly tackle all I have on my plate right now, without first asking him what his plans are for me for that particular day, and me asking him to help me handle it! But I also agree with Debi about the guilt. God isn't about making us feel guilty, he is about making us more like him -- and I don't see guilt in God's attributes.

This is rather wordy, but I love what it says:
http://www.apibs.org/devotions/owmt/ow.htm
Old 10-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Judy that is a good read, thanks. I agree God is not about the guilt. I appreciate your thoughts on this too. I am going to do a 40 day fast to start with EVERY morning and a devotional. Ofcourse I will still keep my other time set aside for that weekly anyways. I am just adding to my *growth* each morning.

Jules I found my seasonal devotions and I am going to do the winter one since I can't find the fall one. I have it set aside with my other stuff, so it will be easy to find. And I always mark a year in the front cover of a book or a bible study and who I did the study with to look back on etc.... Well this seasonal set of dev's was from 97. Wow.... I have had them that long. I was telling Jules I have LOTS Of devotionals and once I do them I get another one etc. Well I am going back to this one.. I am really ENERGIZED for this... just the ticket I needed....
Old 10-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got "Believing God" by Beth Moore, that is the next study I am doing. I should be starting it in a week or so, almost done with the one I am working on now. I work on my bible study every weekday while I eat lunch or breakfast. Once again, not the ideal but what works for me.
BLOG
Old 10-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Our women's study for fall is Beth Moore's Breaking Free -- but I am not able to go! It's a good study - I did it a long time ago. Not a devotional but a full blown deal.

Supposed to snow here tonight and through Sat. I will be so glad next year when DD is not in marching band. Too many weekend competitions and late nights and marching in the cold when she doesn't feel well. Bleh!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Judy I did breaking free a number of years ago and it was intense but good. The one I will start next is like that. Since I do them on my own instead of the 10 weeks it is supposed to take it usually takes me twice as long.
BLOG
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #15
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

it will be awhile before I do a Beth Moore one. I got sick of all her stuff at the store and ladies coming in. LOL Sorry.... But I heard she is good.
Told DH about my day and my new adventure in my walk. he was pretty excited for me and encouraging. I love him...
Old 10-09-2009, 07:02 AM   #16
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Stacy your signature is yucky.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #17
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

well good morning Judy... hee hee

Today started out LATE..... We all slept in and DH was suppose to be in a meeting and he had just woke up also. I rushed the kids to school.... BUT.... I did get in my devotional while I had my coffee and I ate some breakfast. Not totally ideal for my first day, but I did get it in and I wasn't rushed. YEA....
Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #18
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

I think I should be listed first because I am the Underdog now.

Snow is a-comin'. Hurray. My sister comes tomorrow in the midst of the fog and snow - through Denver -- and then of course there is the marching competition at 10PM in Lincoln in two in. of forecasted snow. Fun. And then DH is going to Denver to move his parents into their new retirement place in the fog and the snow. Dumb.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well last year I had you listed first and Angel second... I see the stats are showing what last years did with Saints record not so good and the Cowboys good... hey maybe there is something to that. GOOD thing I always list us first. Bawhahhaha...

have company coming for dinner tonight. trying to get the house cleaned. had to email about one of my new mousies... the thing doesn't ink in the same spot no matter what I do. its like the rubber is cut way to low on the spot. they are mailing me a new one, talk about fast response too.. wow...

Can't wait for my TS to get here. Cananda mail takes forever it seems...
bbl
Old 10-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so not ready for snow...
BLOG
Old 10-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #21
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Me either. And we get freezing drizzle too!! Hurray for October. I want to move to TX or AZ or Southern Utah or something.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #22
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Okay IM was a GOOD LAUGH girls... Thanks...
Old 10-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

hi all!!!! like the new thread, it was time!

y'all can keep the snow! although, fall has arrived here! yesterday and for weeks now, it's been in the 90s, very humid, just yucky. i think the heat index went over 100 on wed. today a front rolled through, brought lots of rain and cold!!! the low will be in the 50s tonight!!!!! holy crow, that feels like 20 when you're used to 90!!!!!

stacy, i love the siggy! ;}

i'm by far the best Christian, but i pray a lot, have my talks w/ God whenever it strikes me(which is pretty often), and that's about all i know.

congrats to Manny, debi!!! Conor is now a starting defensive lineman because so many kids on his team failed a class this marking period, which means they're not allowed to play. hope he can step up and give it all he's got. they all got their report cards and all did really well. we're so proud!

guess i'm out of the IM loop...

going to browse around. take care!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #24
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Way to go Manny!!!!

Well, it's 14 degrees with the wind -- and still snowing. Bleh. I hope my sister gets here ok - she is supposed to be here in about 70 minutes. I am calling the airport before I go over there to see if they are on time. They may have to have taken a different route to miss the weather. (The airport is really far - about a 10 min. drive LOL)

Hope you all have a good day. Pray for safe travel for DH and that he can get his parents into their new retirement community home safely and get back home on Monday night safely!! Thanks!!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody! Manny was really tickled at all your comments. He is having so much fun playing football. I still can't believe that he has 15 touchdowns in 6 games, not bad for 7 years old. Though I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since I think he went to his first game at 3 days old.

Jessi is cheering at a game right now, she went with a friend and we are getting ready to head out to Dan's game. A lot depends on todays game. If they lose they don't go to the playoffs and there is supposed to be some big recruiter there to watch the other teams quarterback, so it is a chance for some of our guys to get noticed. Wish it would warm up a bit, I swear I am still cold from last nights game, brrr.
BLOG
Old 10-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #26
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Hope that all goes well, Debi!!

My sister got here all right but an hour late due to time it took to de-ice in Denver. DH is on his way and should get there in about 4.5 hrs. The wind chill is 19 right now. I am worried about those marching kids, but they are supposed to stay in their buses until field time "on deck" - which means about 20 minutes of standing outside. Bleh.

I am cozying up in my house for a bit with the pooches and watching some movies!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #27
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning.,.. Good luck today Judy with the Cowboys game. I think Angel has a bye this week, I forgot to check. We play tonight Texans.

I think its super cute that Manny has so many touchdowns. hee hee I love little kids sports, they just are so cute.

Judy glad your sister got there okay. Enjoy your time, say Hi from WA state... Did DH get there okay?

Cleaning house a little, some laundry etc. DH went in to work for a little OT and some stuff that had to get done. Kids playing... I have a bunch of ideas running around in the head to stamp, but I doubt the second I start the kids will behave. KWIM... it just seems to work like that. hence why I stamp at night and they are in bed. lol
bbl
Old 10-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #28
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Way to go Austin... WHOHOOOOO Close win JUDY....
Old 10-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #29
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

And the pats LOSE.... WHOHOOOO Oh poor Brady... bawhahahahha
Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

hi all! a day that should've included 4 baseball games ended up being a total day of relaxation. all of the games were rained out. not used to this chilly weather, yet! off work tomorrow, boys have no school. another relaxing day. need to look for a dress for the dh's annual awards banquet that is coming up soon ~ 29 Oct!!!! feeling chunky, so not really in the mood to shop... we'll see how it goes...
anxiously waiting for the Saints/Giants game... =}
went into my stamp room, colored one image and that was it... nothing came to me. so bummed. my groove is totally gone at the moment. need to do some challenges to see if i can find it again...
hope everything is healthy and warm and surrounded by their loved ones this evening...

g'nite!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #31
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I love the smell of VICTORY.... WHOHOOOO
Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #32
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Glad you had a day with the family at home relaxing... Just waht you all need. We have school tomorrow... That will give me sometime to stamp, didnt get much done today but house work. And watching a few games. hee hee

GN
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #33
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

What an exciting game -- way to go BACKUP MILES!
Tony still needs to get in a groove.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

I got to work again, today!! WOO HOO!! It was Fire Truck day! Thankfully the weather cooperated! NO Rain! (no sun--but at least we were dry)!

Not looking at pro-football. Too embarrassing.
I hope to get some stamping in, SOON!!!

my blog
Old 10-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #35
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

We had Lock Down Drill today -- I always love answering the "What if....." questions from primary students! I ended up with 1st graders and they did awesome. In fact, the principal came in and we were so quiet in the dark he didn't even know anyone was in my room! The highlight of their day.

IT'S COLD. Bleh. Where is my PINK ROBE?????????????
Oh - did you guess? Yep, I am wearing it.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello girls

I got your card today Stacy, thank you it is soooo adorable. Where did you get that cute little football. LOVE IT!! thanks again. YEAH 5 n 0 here too. Did you hear Favre say this is the first time he has EVER been 5-0 and that this is.. not one of... but is the best football team he has ever been on. Wow I couldn't believe he said that. Big smiles at our house. Its not like he said they were the "best team" but he felt it was the best he has played on. But will continue to need a lot of work and a bunch of other stuff it was just cool. K bored all of you with that, probably lost most of you half way through.

Judy we had a snow and tree COVERED ground yesterday, it felt like one of those Cold January mornings. I was really trying hard to avoid Fall, just cause it leads to a COLD Minnesota winter, all to soon. But not this soon, now in perspective I should have been more thankful for Fall. Yikes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #37
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Billie! Glad you liked the card just a little fun... We all like a little fun on this thread... Huh Angel.... Just a little fun is all.... hee hee

Well today my sister brought over some more *stuff* for me to do with her wedding invites etc. Ugh... I really need to learn the word NO more often. EEK... I will be working on that tonight I see. I really want to stamp a get well card out and I am having issues with an idea. I just get so gggrrr.. ya know??? Probably not... anyways...

Billie we have rain today and its cold but no snow yet. Thank goodness... you and Judy can keep the snow a little longer. Its cold here about 45 and dropping into the low 20 high teens already. EEK... Suppose to be a cold and dry winter here, yea right. That means a cold and TONS of snow winter here. they are never right those medioraologist... However they spell their silly names....

okay back to whatever I was trying to do awhile ago. lol bbl
Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #38
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Remember its all about the FUN Angel......

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=60960

Off to watch some TV. GN
Old 10-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #39
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Grrr... This computer is frustrating... I had a whole thing typed and it deleted it all... gggrr....
Old 10-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

oh honey, trying to make me bust out my stamps, are ya??? nice card! not going to talk any smack until AFTER the SAINTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!