Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #1161
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Jan R

Does anyone buy digi stamps? I have a couple that I have bought and a few freebies I have downloaded but not really used. One I bought I have used a few times and I liked the fact that I could resize it. Tonight I bought one of Mo's Digital Pencil stamps. I have been looking for a "fishing" themed stamp for awhile and decided to check out digis. It was only $5 and I had it on my computer in five minutes! Lots of our male friends are fishermen, so I am sure I will use. Just wondered what everyone thought of digis?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #1162
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Good morning Jan.

I haven't used any yet. I was recently looking thru some of the digis available since I had nothing in my stamps or papers that would work for a card I needed to make. Very few of my rubber stamps are line artwork, which is what most digis are, so I find they are not suited to me for that reason. In the digital realm I'm more likely to lean towards paper packs because I like to play with colour, pattern and textures. I know more and more traditional stampers are turning to digis and their work is lovely.

On the digital front I'm working with cutting files which is turning out to be a satisfying crafting experience for me. I'll be making all my Christmas cards with it this year and I still find ways to add stamping and ink to my projects.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #1163
Crimping Master

Jan, I'm almost exclusively a digi user these days. I'm into colouring at the moment and most digis can be resized and flipped. Sometimes even converted to cutting files...

I still use my traditional stamps for backgrounds as I can't beat getting ink and embossing powder all over the place.

I print onto watercolour paper by Art Spectrum with a laser printer. Then colour with Inktense and watercolour pencils.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #1164
Insane Embellisher

Theresa, I finished some cards for the challenge and tried to upload them, but they ended up in My own gallery instead of the Hope You Can Cling To one. Where did I go wrong?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #1165

When you go to upload one of the first sections will ask what category you want to upload to. When you click on the drop down box you should see the Hope you Can Cling To Gallery 2012 ( or something to that effect) right near the top of the selection. They put it at the top so players wouldn't have to scroll down to find it. You can change it by clicking edit on you gallery pic. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll call in a mod for you.

There have been over 2000 uploads and they are expecting over 3500!! Thanks so much for making some cards. I know theSCSers staff, mods and hostess appreciate every card up loaded for this cause and every card counts.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #1166

I just checked your gallery and can't see anything yet so it still must be going thru the database. I'll check back later and see if all is in order.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #1167
Insane Embellisher

I didn't have time to try moving them yet Theresa, I will try now.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #1168
Insane Embellisher

Theresa, when I went into edit, it said that the cards were "waiting for approval". Not sure why they would have to have approval to go in that gallery when they were happy for them to be in mine. My daughter calls me a "net ninny", I guess she is right. LOL.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #1169
Insane Embellisher

Theresa, my cards were approved and uploaded, but they aren't in your actual gallery it seems. Anyway, what do I do with the cards now please?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #1170

Hi Jan, I had a very early night last night and a big sleep in this morning which is unusual for me (???). Sorry for the delay in responding.

I've checked my HYCCT gallery and I can see three (!!!) of your cards there. WOW thank you so much. I loved seeing some of the things you talk about here on the thread on your card - the Fancy That die and the liquid pearl swirls.

That die is a nice size and would fit neatly in my collection as an in-between of the MFT swirl and Cherry Lynn Leafy Swirl. Very tempting and one I'll have to keep in my memory bank for when the better days ($) return my way. And the liquid pearl flourish is perfect. I'm going to try and make someting like, maybe for next months Tim Tag.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #1171
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Theresa. The leafy flourish dies was only $7.95. It's the best value die I have ever bought. Got it from an online store called "The Papercraft Hub" which in in Canberra I think. The girl who runs the store, Emilia, designs a lot of those dies herself and then they are made in the States. Her store is worth checking out. What do I do with the actual cards now? I actually made 2 of the Ups and Downs one, but didn't bother to upload the other one as it was the same.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #1172

Just got in.

Place each card, with an envelope, in a clear plastic sleeve. This is to keep them clean and tidy as they will get handled. If you don't have any clear plastic sleeves, you can also use a snaplock bag for each card. I have plastic sleeves to spare so I can send you a few if you want.

The info about where to send them can be found HERE.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #1173
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Theresa. I have plenty of cellophane bags as I use them all the time. Do I need to send any type of covering letter with them or will Sandy Petit know what they are in aid of?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #1174

I think she's know what they were for but a note saying the cards are part of the SCS'er HYCCT card drive can't hurt.

Once again, thank you for supporting this cause.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #1175
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoffeeKat View Post
Then colour with Inktense and watercolour pencils.
ohhhh I have Inktense pencils too and I love them such stunning colours. Playing with them right now actually

My Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...php?uid=261681
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #1176
Insane Embellisher

Well, caravan is almost packed and we are off playing Grey Nomads again tomorrow. LOL. As because of Tim's illness we didn't get up to Wentworth in Sept like we usually do, we are heading up there tomorrow for about 3 weeks. hope it won't be too hot up there at this time of the year though. I have lots of stamped images to take to colour while I am there. I will attach a card I made for a friend who will be there and will have his 70th while we are there. It's a digi stamps by Mo's Digital Pencil that I mentioned in an earlier post. Will chat later from the banks of the Darling River,
Attached Thumbnails
p1010047.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #1177
Matboard Maniac

Howdy Ladies,

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, I've been up to the Newport Arms Hotel for lunch with a girlfriend and then went to Brighton-le-Sands for coffee and pancakes.

Anyhow I've loaded another 12 cards to my gallery if you'd like to see them.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #1178

I went to have a look at your gallery but they must still be waiting approval. Since it is Sunday, and mods day off, I'll come back tomorow and have a look. In the meantime I was just enjoying looking at your other cards. You have a lovely vibrant colour style with your colouring. Very nice.

I had a young (13yo) visitor today who asked if we could make a birthday card for her friend. It was a nice treat to have another being having some creative fun in my hidey hole. I gave her my stash of scraps off my table and another stash of scraps from 'the box under the desk'. It was interesting to see how she pulled a card together with those scraps, with a wee bit of guidance from myself. It turns out that a scrap I coloured, misted, stamped and distressed, and then tossed aside as a 'fail', ended up being the star piece on her creation!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #1179
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
I went to have a look at your gallery but they must still be waiting approval. Since it is Sunday, and mods day off, I'll come back tomorow and have a look. In the meantime I was just enjoying looking at your other cards. You have a lovely vibrant colour style with your colouring. Very nice.

I had a young (13yo) visitor today who asked if we could make a birthday card for her friend. It was a nice treat to have another being having some creative fun in my hidey hole. I gave her my stash of scraps off my table and another stash of scraps from 'the box under the desk'. It was interesting to see how she pulled a card together with those scraps, with a wee bit of guidance from myself. It turns out that a scrap I coloured, misted, stamped and distressed, and then tossed aside as a 'fail', ended up being the star piece on her creation!
Thank you so much Misstreez that means a lot as I love your creations.

They are all also on my FB web page.
https://www.facebook.com/DebsHandMadeCards

Amazing what we consider "fails" others see in a whole new light.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #1180
Insane Embellisher

Very hot here in Wentworth, thankful we have an air conditioner in our van. I have just ordered another gorgeous Spellbinders die. One of the ladies at my card club last week had made a card with it. The die is an "expandable pattern" die called Butterfly Magic. I have seen tutorials on the net using it and decided I just had to have it! LOL.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #1181

Thanks for the link Deb. Those Rileys (?) are really cute with their different guises.

Hello Jan. I was thinking you last night when I was watching Outback Truckers, lol. Travel safely. I'll have to go and check out your new Spellbinder.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #1182
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for the link Deb. Those Rileys (?) are really cute with their different guises.
Thanks Misstreez I was very happy with how they turned out. The colours are a bit darker sorry the scans are too light.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #1183
Insane Embellisher

Very quiet here girls. I have been colouring a couple of the digi "fishing" stamps and making some more liquid pearls flourishes for later use. Does anyone like the Gorjuss Girl stamps? I can't quite decide. I know my grandaughters would like them as they are into some funny looking dolls called "Monster High" at the moment. Those dolls look like the old Bratz dolls at Halloween to me. I think I am doubtful about the Gorjuss stamps because of the lack of nose and mouth. I do always add a nose and mouth to my Tildas, so I guess I could do the same with the Gorjuss. I have been trying to find some info about this as I once found a tutorial that I was able to print off, of various noses and mouths to put on Tildas. I know some think it odd that I add features, but that's just me.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #1184
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan R View Post
Very quiet here girls. I have been colouring a couple of the digi "fishing" stamps and making some more liquid pearls flourishes for later use. Does anyone like the Gorjuss Girl stamps? I can't quite decide. I know my grandaughters would like them as they are into some funny looking dolls called "Monster High" at the moment. Those dolls look like the old Bratz dolls at Halloween to me. I think I am doubtful about the Gorjuss stamps because of the lack of nose and mouth. I do always add a nose and mouth to my Tildas, so I guess I could do the same with the Gorjuss. I have been trying to find some info about this as I once found a tutorial that I was able to print off, of various noses and mouths to put on Tildas. I know some think it odd that I add features, but that's just me.
Hi JanR

I don't even know what Tilda or Gorjuss stamps are sorry

Old 11-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #1185

Hello Jan, I'm just hanging about in my craft room making stuff. I'm redoing all my 12 Tags of 2012 with a Christmas theme. I'll be decorating with them so I need to get started now.

I just went and googled Gorjuss Girls. Oooo they are sweet! That sort of cute appeals to me and I have to say on most of the images the lack of nose and mouth doesn't make them look strange at all. Gorjuss Girls do it for me in a way that the Tildas never quite could. And if you like colouring like you do they would be great too.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #1186

I've had a crazy week here. On Monday morning I went to feed the dogs and noticed something was not quite right with one of them. I was to quickly find out that something was in fact very wrong. We suspect he got bit by a snake, and a few short hours after finding him I thought he was breathing his last. All thru the night I was giving him sips of milk. He has overcome the paralysis and can now walk and eat, but he knocks up pretty quick. We try to keep him motivated and today we took him for a short trip on the back of the ute which he liked even if he couldn't stand for most of the trip. I hope by next week end he'll be able to come for a walk down to the creek, and back again. It's only 400m away but it'll be a milestone for his recovery.

And the cat also had kittens and the duck had ducklings.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #1187
Kookie Creator

Hi girls just checking in trying to find inspiration....finally life is slowing down have given up my dt work to concentrate on my own stuff as well as family stuff that has been happening here...hoping to get a bit more motivated to get some colouring done and maybe a few cards created also.... Hope your all well....

MY BLOG
Old 11-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #1188
Insane Embellisher

Hi Girls, not a lot of crafting being done while I am away in the caravan. Us girls here in the park have quite a social life! LOL. I have been making some more pearl flourishes though and also making up a Prismacolour Pencil colour chart. I downloaded a blank chart so I could colour it with the pencils I had and then know what ones I don't have as yet. Often I see tutorials and they mention what colours they have used and because these colour charts have never been in alphabetical or numerical order, I got Tim to put them in Excel for me and make up a chart of both alpha and numerical order. (he is much better with Excel than I am) I am now colouring both charts in and it's taking ages even though I know I don't have them all. I have about 120 but the chart has 150 names! I tried to tell Tim that she who dies with the most Prisma pencils wins, but of course he just rolls his eyes and says "crap"! Oh well, he has put up with my various crafting ventures for 47 years so I think he'll stick around a bit longer. LOL.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #1189
Crimping Master

Im baaaaaaaack

The wedding is now done and honeymoon cruise is over so somewhat back to reality. Although I have this week off so fingers crossed I get to some crafting once we re-do my craft room... Im looking at buying this for the table and getting my DH to put it on castors so i can wheel it out into the living room.. what do you girls think?
NORDEN Gateleg table - birch - IKEA
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #1190
Crimping Master

Also girls Ive just created this FB group if youd like to join. I know its just easier to share photos on FB than it is here at times
https://www.facebook.com/groups/284436438343125/
Old 11-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #1191
Insane Embellisher

That table looks really great! I have a similar one in my craft room but it has both the drop sides up permanently as it is my work table. Mine has cupboards though not drawers, drawers would be more useful.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha_1988 View Post
Also girls Ive just created this FB group if youd like to join. I know its just easier to share photos on FB than it is here at times
https://www.facebook.com/groups/284436438343125/
I'm going to imagine that it was a lovely day for you and you looked radiant. Congrats on your wonderful day and may you have many years of happiness together.

Good looking table, and compact, if you need to have to wheel it out of the way when your not using it. I agree with Jan, the drawers are a good feature.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #1193
Crimping Master

Quote:
I'm going to imagine that it was a lovely day for you and you looked radiant. Congrats on your wonderful day and may you have many years of happiness together.

Good looking table, and compact, if you need to have to wheel it out of the way when your not using it. I agree with Jan, the drawers are a good feature.
Thank you

Im loving the idea of the table but now to get the time to get to ikea lol.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #1194

A big name in paper crafting pinned my altered tag onto his boards.

I was not distressed at all, lol.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #1195
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

well done!!! lol

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #1196
Insane Embellisher

Well done Theresa, your tags certainly deserve to be up there. I am driving myself nuts here at the moment trying to make my first (and probably my b....y last) cascade card. We had to do one for our challenge for my card club. I decided to try and do a double one that opens in the middle, I have spent about 4 hours on it and it's still not finished! LOL.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #1197

Thanks!

I'll have to go and checkout what a cascade card is. And thanks for your comment on my blog recently.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #1198

Cascade card - looks like a great card to get all fancy with embellishing. I'll have to keep it in mind for a special occassion. Looks like I'd have to clear my desk though. I don't have that much space on my desk lol.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #1199
Insane Embellisher

Here is the "cascade"card I ended up with. Not a card I would make lots of, took ages. The challenge was a cascade card, with punching and die cuts. this is actually a double cascade as you can just make it with one piece of card like one side of this card IYKWIM. You then end up with a long narrow card.
Attached Thumbnails
p1010084.jpg   p1010085.jpg  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #1200

Your cards turned out beautifully, even if it did take you forever to complete. Definitely one for the special occassions.

It's stinking hot where I am. The farm house has no modern conveniences like air con and my craft room gets the afternoon sun so it limits my time in here. I'm working on Christmas tags which I'll use instead of cards this year. I'm also remaking all my 12 tags of 2012 into Christmas themed ones for decorations. I was going to put the tree up last week end but in this heat it's hard to get into the spirit of things. Hopefully we'll get a break in the next day or two.