Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #2121
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelhope13 View Post
Guess what I am doing???

Making up my Christmas Card Swaps from Last year!!
I haven't done that yet....
Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #2122
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
Hmmm... I may not be a soup maker.

It tasted so good, but wasn't very 'soupy'. Not enough broth. It was more chunky like a chili. Not my fave. Maybe it's that I tried to work around 2 different recipes...I just don't know. Too much 'stuff' in it. It was tasty enough, but not what I was hoping for.
That's a bummer...I think soup is hard but other people tell me how easy it is.
I never have success.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #2123
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwire802 View Post
Hey everyone.... passing through for the day.... Made chicken & rice for supper. YUMMO! Had the big "M" in the head due to the weather today, took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. And am ready to go to bed again. It was 45* this morning and only warmed up 6* today! It's great to head into fall. Talk to y'all tomorrow... have a great night.
I sent you a video on air/water pressure.
interesting.
Sorry for your headache! I've had a few little ones for the past few days w/ these storms. Such a pain.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #2124
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
Morning girls!

So, I may have drunk dialed Josh last night and that was not a good idea. He came over, and while he was there, I forget what we were talking about, but I made a comment about having no self esteem. Then he got all concerned and said he didn't want to be that guy who takes advantage of girls with no self esteem. Or something like that. The conversation is a little hazy. Anyway, things were kind of weird when he left and I suspect our friends with benefits situation might be over. Oops!
Ooopsie.
Still, it may not be.
See how things are now.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #2125
Goober-E LOST-E

Oh I see it's just me here...Ok
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #2126
Stazon Splitcoast

OK...I've got a situation. Tell me what you think...

We traded houses w/ Wanda last October right? What month is it now? October right? So we've lived here for 1 year. Before we traded houses Wanda sent us copies of her utility bills for 4 or 5 months so we'd have an idea of what they would run us. Her electric bills ran around 200$ a month. I told her mine ran from 125 to 200 depending on the season.

Today she calls Brian and says she called the electric company and we are still paying for the old house we lived in and they are paying for here. Even though the company changed the names and addresses they didn't get the meters changed. So now, she wants us to pay her the difference for each month from the last year. She said her bill has been 300 or over every month for the last year and she wants us to pay her back the difference. Our bills here have ran from 150 to 250 which to me averages around 200...we had absolutely no way to tell, based on the bills that we got and the information that we got from her that it was backwards.

Had I EVER gotten a 300+ bill I would have turned our a/c up to lower the bill. I can not be expected to pay over 1000$ in bill difference for a year when my bills wouldn't have been that high if I had ever SEEN one that high. One is all it would have taken and it would have been corrected. Does that make sense? I told Brian to tell her she's going to have to eat it and we'll correct it going forward. Who waits a year to say something and then expects to be reimbursed? Why didn't she say something MONTHS ago? I would have. Anyway, I am frustrated by this, I don't think legally she can make us pay it but I hope RAF doesn't intervene as the owner and try to make us b/c I won't.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #2127
Goober-E LOST-E

What the flocK?
No...you shouldn't be responsible for her wanting her house cooler and jacking the bill up.
Not even going forward!
I would have the company trade meters...even if that costs $.

I don't see how RAF or anyone else could tell you to pay.
If you provided her w/ copies of your previous bills then that was YOUR average.
If she uses more electricty that's on her...right?
HELLO!?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #2128
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32 View Post
What the flocK?
No...you shouldn't be responsible for her wanting her house cooler and jacking the bill up.
Not even going forward!
I would have the company trade meters...even if that costs $.

I don't see how RAF or anyone else could tell you to pay.
If you provided her w/ copies of your previous bills then that was YOUR average.
If she uses more electricty that's on her...right?
HELLO!?
well see she's paying the bill for MY house. The electric company screwed that up. So her 300+ bills are supposed to be mine. But when I have my a/c set on 70* and the bill i see says 159$ I'm going to keep it on 70*.

If she had said to the electric company the first time she got a $300 bill, I think something is wrong and we switched then, you better guarantee I would have set my a/c up to 78* so that the next month it wouldn't have been 300$. But since I had no way of knowing it was 300$ b/c she just kept paying it she now thinks I need to pay her the 150$ a month difference. UH...no, b/c if you had told me on month 1 my electric bill wouldn't have ever been 300$ again. Does that make sense?

I can't pay for something I didn't know was wrong b/c if I had known it was wrong I would have fixed it so it wouldn't have been wrong again. BAH it's f'ed up. I'm just frustrated as hell!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #2129
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:
Oh no! Did they disintegrate?
Not totally, but they are Much softer than I like

Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #2130
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazystamper View Post
well see she's paying the bill for MY house. The electric company screwed that up. So her 300+ bills are supposed to be mine. But when I have my a/c set on 70* and the bill i see says 159$ I'm going to keep it on 70*.

If she had said to the electric company the first time she got a $300 bill, I think something is wrong and we switched then, you better guarantee I would have set my a/c up to 78* so that the next month it wouldn't have been 300$. But since I had no way of knowing it was 300$ b/c she just kept paying it she now thinks I need to pay her the 150$ a month difference. UH...no, b/c if you had told me on month 1 my electric bill wouldn't have ever been 300$ again. Does that make sense?

I can't pay for something I didn't know was wrong b/c if I had known it was wrong I would have fixed it so it wouldn't have been wrong again. BAH it's f'ed up. I'm just frustrated as hell!
ooooohhhh!!
Yeah, now I get it.
You're right. The FIRST bill higher than what was expected I would have said something.
Not everyone has that kind of $ laying around to pay someone back like that...

Right...setting it at 70* gives you a bill of $150 then you think 70 is affordable but if you knew you would have set it at 74 to offset the cost.

It's not right to wait this long and expect you to pay it now.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #2131
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Glitter_Girl

Hi girls!

Feeling extra crappy today. I was up at 3 AM...until about 4:30AM. And in the middle of that I was up hanging out over the toilet.

Lost my breakfast this morning too.

However, I still managed to go to the gym. Poor Jax really wanted to go. I felt bad. But now I am just totally dragging. And I have laundry and a house to clean AND I have to pack for Tennessee. We leave on Wednesday. Coming home on Sunday.

Glitter Ink
Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #2132
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:
hello my darlings...

i need some lostie help!

part of my awesome new job, is coming up with fantastic cupcake flavors.

dude i love this job!

for halloween: candy corn flavored cupcakes, sweettart flavored cupcakes...
we already have pumpkin spice, apple and carrot for fall flavors. i need some other halloween ideas...

for the harry potter movie premiere:butterbeer flavored cupcakes!

for winter:raspberry truffle (dark chocolate cupcake filled w/ raspberry jam and topped w/ a raspberry buttercream frosting), peppermint cupcakes, gingerbread cupcakes

any other ideas you girls can think of?? please let me know! i want to wow them when i go in on thursday!
Does the Apple have Caramel Frosting???? Mmmmmmm

Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #2133
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to irishjc820 Send a message via Yahoo to irishjc820

Quote:
I think that's crap. She should not have waited an entire year to say something about it. You can't be expected to pay when you didn't know that the bills were that much higher. I see exactly what you're saying - if you'd known, you would have gone easy on the a/c and the bills wouldn't have been that high after the first month. I think it's on her because she never spoke up before now. Going forward, sure, you should pay the correct bill, but you shouldn't be expected to go back.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 AM   #2134
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Does the Apple have Caramel Frosting???? Mmmmmmm
yes it does! Caramel buttercreme to be exact!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 AM   #2135
Stazon Splitcoast

Kris - AWESOME on your new job!!! Are you still working at the design company too? But what a fun job...cakes and cupcakes. MMmmmm!

As for your electric bill issue...yeah, I don't think it's entirely fair since she waited an entire year to say something. Anyway, you can sort of compromise and pay her back a small portion? I know it's the last thing you guys want to/should have to do, but maybe just to make the whole situation a little less sticky it would be worth it?
I hope you are able to get it cleared up and things don't get too crazy with Wanda. I am surprised she would wait that long. Especially if she learned from you what your "typical" monthly bill was, and it seemed to be double for her. That should be a red flag right there.

Jess - Oops, for the drunk Josh text and the awkward conversation. I agree with you to call or text him and try to make light of the situation and that you were just tipsy. Oh and that also sucks for that poor student who came forward and was truthful about leaving that major, but her reward is still being taken away. If anything, I think it should have been split or something. Ask her for some of it back and reward the next deserving student the other half?
What if she has already spent it? I would feel so bad if she had to come up with that money.

Glitter Ink
Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #2136
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think that's crap. She should not have waited an entire year to say something about it. You can't be expected to pay when you didn't know that the bills were that much higher. I see exactly what you're saying - if you'd known, you would have gone easy on the a/c and the bills wouldn't have been that high after the first month. I think it's on her because she never spoke up before now. Going forward, sure, you should pay the correct bill, but you shouldn't be expected to go back.
that's exactly how I feel. I have no problem paying the correct bill from here on out but I told B there is absolutely NO WAY I am paying her a dime. I would rather pay an attorney to fight her in court than to pay her.

We had to get RAF on them to get a bunch of their crap that they left back here. Treehouse, dog pen etc. etc. It took them 11 months to take care of that so I'm not at all surprised about this, but that doesn't mean I feel any sympathy or plan to help them out.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #2137
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:
This is a crappy situation: I had this student who won an award worth $1400. The reason she won the award is because she had the highest GPA of all the education minors. After she found out she won the award, she came to my office to tell me that she had actually dropped the education minor three days prior. So we had to talk to the donor, let her know the situation, and hope she would let this girl keep the award because she's obviously a great student and was really honest about the whole thing. I mean, she easily could have kept her mouth shut and kept the money.

But no, this donor is the hugest PITA and she wants the award to go to the next eligible person. So I have to get the money back from the original student, which sucks for her, and is a paperwork nightmare for me. This poor girl is going to wish she was never honest about it and had just kept the money!
That SUCKS!

Hey....do you know any good place for me to go to look for Scholorships and Grants? And when do I start looking/applying for them is I want to start University Next Fall?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #2138
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter_Girl View Post
Hi girls!

Feeling extra crappy today. I was up at 3 AM...until about 4:30AM. And in the middle of that I was up hanging out over the toilet.

However, I still managed to go to the gym. Poor Jax really wanted to go. I felt bad. But now I am just totally dragging. And I have laundry and a house to clean AND I have to pack for Tennessee. We leave on Wednesday. Coming home on Sunday.
Aww, I'm sorry you're having such a rough morning! Were you like this with Jax too? I don't remember, or actually I don't think I was quite a LOSTie yet when you were first pregnant.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #2139
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:
Or caramel apple? Apple spice cake with a caramel frosting? Or a caramel drizzle over a buttercream or cream cheese frosting?
YES!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #2140
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:
I haven't done that yet....
I made Cindy's and Jess' yesterday...LOVE how Jess' turned out...Pink Poinsetias! Forgot to upload the pic to my blog, so I will have to do it later

Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #2141
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What if she has already spent it? I would feel so bad if she had to come up with that money.
As soon as she told me that she dropped the minor, I asked her not to spend it until I had figured out whether or not she could keep it. I know I would have been eager to spend the $1400 if it was just sitting in my bank account! But I just talked to her and she still has it and will give me a check tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #2142
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Aww, I'm sorry you're having such a rough morning! Were you like this with Jax too? I don't remember, or actually I don't think I was quite a LOSTie yet when you were first pregnant.
Nope...this is all new to me.

I was only slightly queasy with Jax, but a granola bar or cereal and a big ol' glass of chocolate milk always fixed me up.

Food does not help my cause. I always think it does, but after I eat something that I thought sounded good, I regret it.

I did just get of the phone with the dr's office regarding my sleeping problem. They are hopefully going to call in a small prescription for a few sleeping pills to help me get a good night's rest. I am hoping that after a good night or two of rest...I will get back to normal on my own. I am partially thinking that some of this is becoming psychological (subconciously).

Glitter Ink
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #2143
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:

I agree. Wonder if the Elec Co can do something since they messed up?

They Mussed up, She messed up, but you didn't...like you said, thinking $150 pays for 70* all month you wouldn't change your habits!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #2144
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
As soon as she told me that she dropped the minor, I asked her not to spend it until I had figured out whether or not she could keep it. I know I would have been eager to spend the $1400 if it was just sitting in my bank account! But I just talked to her and she still has it and will give me a check tomorrow.
Well, I guess that is good that you suggested she hold onto it and that she did. Bummer she has to give it back.

Glitter Ink
Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #2145
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Quote:
This is a crappy situation: I had this student who won an award worth $1400. The reason she won the award is because she had the highest GPA of all the education minors. After she found out she won the award, she came to my office to tell me that she had actually dropped the education minor three days prior. So we had to talk to the donor, let her know the situation, and hope she would let this girl keep the award because she's obviously a great student and was really honest about the whole thing. I mean, she easily could have kept her mouth shut and kept the money.

But no, this donor is the hugest PITA and she wants the award to go to the next eligible person. So I have to get the money back from the original student, which sucks for her, and is a paperwork nightmare for me. This poor girl is going to wish she was never honest about it and had just kept the money!
Dude! That does suck! Stupid PITA donor! Why not reward the young ladies honesty and integrity?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #2146
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Hi girls!

Oh no!!! You poor thing.
I was thinking of you at midnight when I was peeing and cursing.
NO TP. My sweet daughter used it all and didn't replace it. I even asked if her if she had and she said yes. gggrrr...
Then I watched tv for an hour. lovely!

What's this TN trip for? Just because or are you doing invite approval?

So sorry you're dragging!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #2147
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Quote:
Kris, what about an apple cobbler cupcake? Like an apple spice cake, maybe with a little bit of apple preserves in the middle and a streusel topping sprinkled on the frosting?
That sounds delish!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #2148
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That SUCKS!

Hey....do you know any good place for me to go to look for Scholorships and Grants? And when do I start looking/applying for them is I want to start University Next Fall?
Our Financial Aid office keeps a binder of external scholarships and grants that we know about. We'll occasionally be contacted by other organizations/foundations that offer money to area students and we'll put the info, application form, whatever in the binder. This is money that is extra outside of whatever you can get through federal loans, University financial aid, etc. I'd suggest checking with whatever school you decide to go to and see if they have something similar.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #2149
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I agree. Wonder if the Elec Co can do something since they messed up?

They Mussed up, She messed up, but you didn't...like you said, thinking $150 pays for 70* all month you wouldn't change your habits!
This is true...the electric company is truly at fault here. You guys had arranged the switch or whatever was needed. It's their own fault they messed up. And if that lady wants any sort of compensation, it should actually be the electric company.

Glitter Ink
Old 10-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #2150
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:
I want one!

mmmmm, Caramel Apple Cupcake!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #2151
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh no!!! You poor thing.
I was thinking of you at midnight when I was peeing and cursing.
NO TP. My sweet daughter used it all and didn't replace it. I even asked if her if she had and she said yes. gggrrr...
Then I watched tv for an hour. lovely!

What's this TN trip for? Just because or are you doing invite approval?

So sorry you're dragging!
Thanks for thinking of me at midnight.

Oh Kate...starting the not changing the TP so young. LOL! But not a good thing to happen to you for sure in the middle of the night.

I think when I get up in the middle of the night I may be heading downstairs to watch some tv or something. I can't take laying there feeling queasy and not being able to sleep. It's miserable.

Glitter Ink
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #2152
Stazon Splitcoast

OK...I am off to try to separate some laundry and crawl in bed for a bit. Jax is keeping himself entertained for the time being.

Glitter Ink
Old 10-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #2153
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Quote:

Had I EVER gotten a 300+ bill I would have turned our a/c up to lower the bill. I can not be expected to pay over 1000$ in bill difference for a year when my bills wouldn't have been that high if I had ever SEEN one that high. One is all it would have taken and it would have been corrected. Does that make sense? I told Brian to tell her she's going to have to eat it and we'll correct it going forward. Who waits a year to say something and then expects to be reimbursed? Why didn't she say something MONTHS ago? I would have. Anyway, I am frustrated by this, I don't think legally she can make us pay it but I hope RAF doesn't intervene as the owner and try to make us b/c I won't.
Um, the electric company screwed up. It's not your problem! I say she's SOL! That's just nuts that she a.) waited a YEAR to say something and b.) now wants you to pay her the difference. If it had been two or thee months I'd say okay, but a year? No flockin' way! Inconceivable!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #2154
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Quote:
Hi girls!

HUGS Beenie! I hope you can get some rest today!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #2155
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
I can't imagine what an apple cupcake tastes like...but I'd try it just to eat that frosting!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #2156
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
I made Cindy's and Jess' yesterday...LOVE how Jess' turned out...Pink Poinsetias! Forgot to upload the pic to my blog, so I will have to do it later
I should get those out
Maybe I can make a box of mixed cards to sell in the store.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #2157
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
I commend her for being honest. I hope she continues to be that way in spite of the bad circumstances!!

Wouldn't you/the donor have found out eventually?

poor thing. That really stinks all around.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #2158
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Nope...this is all new to me.

I was only slightly queasy with Jax, but a granola bar or cereal and a big ol' glass of chocolate milk always fixed me up.

Food does not help my cause. I always think it does, but after I eat something that I thought sounded good, I regret it.

I did just get of the phone with the dr's office regarding my sleeping problem. They are hopefully going to call in a small prescription for a few sleeping pills to help me get a good night's rest. I am hoping that after a good night or two of rest...I will get back to normal on my own. I am partially thinking that some of this is becoming psychological (subconciously).
i hope this is just the first trimester sickies and it eases up for you soon!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #2159
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I can't imagine what an apple cupcake tastes like...but I'd try it just to eat that frosting!
I was a little leery of it myself but it's so good, it's like an apple spice type cupcake...so yummy! cinnamony goodness! topped w/ caramel sweetness
Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #2160
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
I was a little leery of it myself but it's so good, it's like an apple spice type cupcake...so yummy! cinnamony goodness! topped w/ caramel sweetness
mmmm.....I'd eat that!!!