In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #41
LOSTchick
 
Melissa 8791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 16 LOSTie Lane
Posts: 54,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
I actually didn't have one! I usually test whatever I bring in, but it only made 12 muffins (I thought it would make at least a dozen and a half) and I was already afraid there weren't enough, so I didn't dare have one.

A number of people came up to me this morning and said they were delicious. I made pumpkin chocolate chip. Confession - I made them from a mix! I was going to make some from scratch, but when I didn't leave happy hour until 11, there was no way I was going to go measuring a whole bunch of stuff. Plus it was cheaper to just make the mix. All I had to buy was the mix and the chips.
YUM! Dont' tell anyone and let them think it was from scratch. I bet they were delish.
__________________
Join the passengers of flight 815--
Get LOST on Wednesday
Melissa 8791 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #42
LOSTchick
 
Melissa 8791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 16 LOSTie Lane
Posts: 54,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
Hope so. I have a bunch of messages out there. Maybe someone will think about the extra $$.
Crossing fingers
__________________
Join the passengers of flight 815--
Get LOST on Wednesday
Melissa 8791 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #43
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
Depends on how short they are. They can run "skinny". But if it's not enough to cover all the radios, they someone from day shift has to stay for mandatory OT. That always sucks for low-man in seniority.
Oh geez...mandatory.
I mean it's fine to stay if you have nothing else going on but sometimes you have plans.
Still, extra $ is extra $ IMO.
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #44
LOSTchick
 
Melissa 8791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 16 LOSTie Lane
Posts: 54,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
I was proud of myself this morning. I made a smoothie as usual in hopes that I could just sip that at the breakfast and not eat any of the bad for me stuff, but I wasn't sure I could resist all the yummy things. We had quiches, bagels, coffee cake, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and my co-worker's version of funeral potatoes.

And I was good! After I finished my smoothie, I decided I was allowed to have a little something, so I just had a little scoop, like 4 bites, of the potatoes, and that was it. I didn't eat any of the other things!

Good for you!!
__________________
Join the passengers of flight 815--
Get LOST on Wednesday
Melissa 8791 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #45
LOSTchick
 
Melissa 8791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 16 LOSTie Lane
Posts: 54,966
Default

Girls, I'm going to have to go. I need to gather Travis/Trixie's dress, shoes, wig, makeup & jewelry for the pep rally.

I'll try to post pics of the pep rally, but I don't know when that will be.

I hope that you all have a WONDERFUL day.
__________________
Join the passengers of flight 815--
Get LOST on Wednesday
Melissa 8791 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #46
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa 8791 View Post
I still have an annoying hacking cough, but I think it is improving. I'm tired because it takes me so long to fall asleep when I'm propped up on multiple pillows and I'm still waking up during the night because of the cough.

Football is going great! He has his second game tonight. Fortunately it is a home game.

He has a homecoming pep rally today and he is going to dress up as a girl! He is going by the name "Trixie." It will be fun to watch all of the boys showing off their dresses, wigs & makeup.
Ugh. That is awful! When I have a cough like that I'm on the couch propped up w/ pillows.
I hope it goes away soon. it's already been a while!

Trixie, huh?
Will we be seeing pics of Trixie?

When Tom and I were dating and I would call his house to talk to him sometimes his dad would tease me and say he was out.
Out w/ Trixie & Bubbles for the evening!
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #47
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
No, I think you're right. Sisterhood is the object of the phrase and it's a collective noun representing a group that thinks of themselves as a singular whole, so wishes is right.
Yeah?
I was thinking Losties WISH.
The Sisterhood as a collective send wishES but would all WISH.

Eh, it's all fuzzy.

You write for a living so I'll go w/ your grammar!
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #48
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

OH MELISSA!!!!!
You have had far too many tragedies in your recent past.
Your poor friend! That is so sad. I'm so very sorry!

All the best to FIL. I hope they got it all and he's on the mend fast.
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #49
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Good for you resisting temptation, Jess!
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast
 
irishjc820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 60,495
Send a message via AIM to irishjc820 Send a message via Yahoo to irishjc820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa 8791 View Post
Girls, I have 2 prayer/good thought requests.

1.) We found out last week that Darren's dad had a mass that needed to be removed. The dr. gave it a score (lowest on the cancer rating scale???) and he thinks that they removed it all. My FIL will go back every 3 months for the next 3 years for checkups.

2.) One of my friends that I haven't seen in awhile was shot & killed by her boyfriend. It's been a very sad/shocking event. My heart is breaking for her family. We grew up together and I taught all but one of her nieces and nephews.
Oh my gosh! I will definitely keep them all in my prayers!
__________________
I am...Jessica Fierce (aka Shanaynay)
I'm looking for my inner athlete, but I'm afraid I may have eaten her.
irishjc820 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #51
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

One of my neighbors (Michelle) works for an educational company (she's a reading teacher by trade) that requires her to travel 1 week a month and do seminars for other teachers.

She's away this week and I've seen her husband, Steve a few times at the bus stop.

He cracked me up this morning.
He's in the truck w/ their 5 year old, Maddie.
Maddie is THE most unpleasent morning person I've ever seen - especailly at her age!
He's in the truck offering her a COOKIE for breakfast or just to improve her mood. I'm not really sure but it just made me laugh that he was doing whatever it took to make anything easier on himself.
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast
 
BsmtScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Posts: 49,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
I was proud of myself this morning. I made a smoothie as usual in hopes that I could just sip that at the breakfast and not eat any of the bad for me stuff, but I wasn't sure I could resist all the yummy things. We had quiches, bagels, coffee cake, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and my co-worker's version of funeral potatoes.

And I was good! After I finished my smoothie, I decided I was allowed to have a little something, so I just had a little scoop, like 4 bites, of the potatoes, and that was it. I didn't eat any of the other things!
WTG JESS!
__________________
Tracy aka:
"Hello, my name is Julie. I will be your cruise director!"
BsmtScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast
 
BsmtScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Posts: 49,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32 View Post
Oh geez...mandatory.
I mean it's fine to stay if you have nothing else going on but sometimes you have plans.
Still, extra $ is extra $ IMO.
It's even worse if you have a dog locked in the house or a child someone else has to pick up. Sucks, but that's known when you take the job. Doesn't happen too often. Lucky.
__________________
Tracy aka:
"Hello, my name is Julie. I will be your cruise director!"
BsmtScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast
 
BsmtScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Posts: 49,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa 8791 View Post
Girls, I have 2 prayer/good thought requests.

1.) We found out last week that Darren's dad had a mass that needed to be removed. The dr. gave it a score (lowest on the cancer rating scale???) and he thinks that they removed it all. My FIL will go back every 3 months for the next 3 years for checkups.

2.) One of my friends that I haven't seen in awhile was shot & killed by her boyfriend. It's been a very sad/shocking event. My heart is breaking for her family. We grew up together and I taught all but one of her nieces and nephews.
Wow that's alot all at once. I'm so glad to hear your FIL is doing well. Every 3 months sounds pretty good to me.

I'm so sorry about your friend. What an awful thing for her family.
__________________
Tracy aka:
"Hello, my name is Julie. I will be your cruise director!"
BsmtScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast
 
BsmtScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Posts: 49,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32 View Post
One of my neighbors (Michelle) works for an educational company (she's a reading teacher by trade) that requires her to travel 1 week a month and do seminars for other teachers.

She's away this week and I've seen her husband, Steve a few times at the bus stop.

He cracked me up this morning.
He's in the truck w/ their 5 year old, Maddie.
Maddie is THE most unpleasent morning person I've ever seen - especailly at her age!
He's in the truck offering her a COOKIE for breakfast or just to improve her mood. I'm not really sure but it just made me laugh that he was doing whatever it took to make anything easier on himself.
Funny.
__________________
Tracy aka:
"Hello, my name is Julie. I will be your cruise director!"
BsmtScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast
 
BsmtScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Posts: 49,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa 8791 View Post
I still have an annoying hacking cough, but I think it is improving. I'm tired because it takes me so long to fall asleep when I'm propped up on multiple pillows and I'm still waking up during the night because of the cough.

Football is going great! He has his second game tonight. Fortunately it is a home game.

He has a homecoming pep rally today and he is going to dress up as a girl! He is going by the name "Trixie." It will be fun to watch all of the boys showing off their dresses, wigs & makeup.
Oh yuck Mels. I hope you feel better soon. You have SO much going on. No time to take care of YOU. LOSTie HUGS!
__________________
Tracy aka:
"Hello, my name is Julie. I will be your cruise director!"
BsmtScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #57
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Leslie says HELLO!
She's having a busy day and doesn't think she'll be able to make it on today.
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #58
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Tracy, are you having a little party or lunch w/ coworkers today?
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast
 
BsmtScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Posts: 49,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32 View Post
Tracy, are you having a little party or lunch w/ coworkers today?
We had a nice boooofay yesterday. Salads, deli meats, sandwich fixins. A homemade cake called Chocolate Decadence. Oh my! So chocolaty rich!

It just worked out better with staffing yesterday. Plus, I was supposed to go train an hour ago. I had to cancel because we are too short handed today.
__________________
Tracy aka:
"Hello, my name is Julie. I will be your cruise director!"
BsmtScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #60
Desmond's Darlin'
 
Rachelhope13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Head in the Clouds
Posts: 41,097
Default

WOW!
Free 8x10 Canvas Print (You pay $14.95 shipping)
$55 Off, Limited Time Offer! Order Your Canvas Print Now.
__________________
Mister Northman, would you please come in?

Rachelhope13 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #61
Desmond's Darlin'
 
Rachelhope13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Head in the Clouds
Posts: 41,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32 View Post
B/c the alternaive bites!!!
Yep!
__________________
Mister Northman, would you please come in?

Rachelhope13 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #62
Desmond's Darlin'
 
Rachelhope13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Head in the Clouds
Posts: 41,097
Default

OH!

And a free 8 x 5.5" Flip Book

Pixable, print your Facebook content!
__________________
Mister Northman, would you please come in?

Rachelhope13 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #63
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
We had a nice boooofay yesterday. Salads, deli meats, sandwich fixins. A homemade cake called Chocolate Decadence. Oh my! So chocolaty rich!

It just worked out better with staffing yesterday. Plus, I was supposed to go train an hour ago. I had to cancel because we are too short handed today.
you had lunch w/ Phoebe Boofay??

That sounds nice.
Sometimes I miss working with people...like holidays.

ah well.
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #64
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

It really feels like fall outside!
The clouds are rolling in. We're supposed to have heavy rains and wind tonight.

I'm kind of chilly...need a blankie
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast
 
irishjc820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 60,495
Send a message via AIM to irishjc820 Send a message via Yahoo to irishjc820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32 View Post
It really feels like fall outside!
The clouds are rolling in. We're supposed to have heavy rains and wind tonight.

I'm kind of chilly...need a blankie
It was so cold last night! When I woke up at 3:20am and went up to bed, I was shivering and couldn't wait to get under my nice warm covers!
__________________
I am...Jessica Fierce (aka Shanaynay)
I'm looking for my inner athlete, but I'm afraid I may have eaten her.
irishjc820 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Glitter_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ahhh....I am home!
Posts: 21,878
Send a message via Yahoo to Glitter_Girl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
Congrats on being all caught up on laundry. That's a big thing.

How is Jax liking preschool? How many times has he gone?
He has gone a total of 3 times...today he tells me he is not going anymore. "please" he says. "I just wanna stay home with you all day".

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I got him to say he would go one more time. So we will just see how that goes.
__________________
Colleen

Glitter Ink
Glitter_Girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #67
Desmond's Darlin'
 
Rachelhope13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Head in the Clouds
Posts: 41,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa 8791 View Post
Girls, I have 2 prayer/good thought requests.

1.) We found out last week that Darren's dad had a mass that needed to be removed. The dr. gave it a score (lowest on the cancer rating scale???) and he thinks that they removed it all. My FIL will go back every 3 months for the next 3 years for checkups.

2.) One of my friends that I haven't seen in awhile was shot & killed by her boyfriend. It's been a very sad/shocking event. My heart is breaking for her family. We grew up together and I taught all but one of her nieces and nephews.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
__________________
Mister Northman, would you please come in?

Rachelhope13 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Glitter_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ahhh....I am home!
Posts: 21,878
Send a message via Yahoo to Glitter_Girl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa 8791 View Post
Girls, I have 2 prayer/good thought requests.

1.) We found out last week that Darren's dad had a mass that needed to be removed. The dr. gave it a score (lowest on the cancer rating scale???) and he thinks that they removed it all. My FIL will go back every 3 months for the next 3 years for checkups.

2.) One of my friends that I haven't seen in awhile was shot & killed by her boyfriend. It's been a very sad/shocking event. My heart is breaking for her family. We grew up together and I taught all but one of her nieces and nephews.
Oh my! Melissa! My heart goes out to you and the family on both matters. Sending lots of prayers!!!
__________________
Colleen

Glitter Ink
Glitter_Girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Glitter_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ahhh....I am home!
Posts: 21,878
Send a message via Yahoo to Glitter_Girl
Default

Ok...this is a teeny tiny minor vent and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter at all, but can I say that if I could, right now, I would never deal with the Postal System ever again!!!!

I almost wish they worked like franchises, because then I would know I was "hurting" them a teeny tiny bit by never going to that branch again.

UGH! Plus I know my hormones are raging anyway. But the PO worker made me feel like an A&&hole!!!! She was just so freakin' rude.

I did the "automated" machine for two little packaged envelopes, right? Only when I went to put them in the bin, the door was locked or maybe the bin the packages get dropped in was full and something was catching the door from opening. So I could not put my packages in the drop bin.

The line was long, and honestly, this has happened before. And the last time it happened I just snuck over to the end of the counter and said "excuse me the bin is full can I just leave these here?"

No problem, the PO worker took them for me. And yes she was "with" a customer...but I just had a simple question. She didn't have to DO anything.

So I did the same thing today...said politely, "excuse me, the bin is full..." And this BEYATCH was so FREAKING RUDE! I mean, she honestly could have been much more polite. She was dealing with a man with some packages, but I wasn't trying to cut in or anything. It was a simple question and like I said I have done it before with no problems.

She was all "I am with a customer (all snarky and carp). You need to wait, why would you just interrupt when I am with a customer?"

She just made me feel like a piece of *****. I wanted to cry. I wasn't trying to be rude to the man. And I have seen plenty of people before me do the same thing, hand them something because a bin was full and NOT stand in a long line to wait to ask one simple freaking question!

I was livid! I was not about to wait in a long line to DROP OFF packages that were already PAID FOR AND STAMPED!!!!

So I went outside and dropped them in the blue mail boxes in my fit of rage. Not sure if you are supposed to do that because they are over 13oz...but I mean, how is that my problem if your stupid PO can't make sure that their drop bins are working properly? ANd your staff member is a beyatch???


UGH!!! UGH!!! UGH!!!!! (as I am stomping my feet). I literally cried a little on the way home I was just so mad. She made me feel like was such a horribly rude person and how dare I say "excuse me to ask a quick question".


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


Ok...vent over. Thank you for staying tuned in for all that. LOL!
__________________
Colleen

Glitter Ink
Glitter_Girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #70
Desmond's Darlin'
 
Rachelhope13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Head in the Clouds
Posts: 41,097
Default

Just got a text from Jane...she got a call from the PT Center and they had an opening the very next day, she threw stuff in a bag and took off...forgot her laptop! No cell service, so she tected me from off site, she will be home in a few days!
__________________
Mister Northman, would you please come in?

Rachelhope13 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #71
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Glitter_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ahhh....I am home!
Posts: 21,878
Send a message via Yahoo to Glitter_Girl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelhope13 View Post
Just got a text from Jane...she got a call from the PT Center and they had an opening the very next day, she threw stuff in a bag and took off...forgot her laptop! No cell service, so she tected me from off site, she will be home in a few days!
Thanks for the update Rach!!!
__________________
Colleen

Glitter Ink
Glitter_Girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #72
Desmond's Darlin'
 
Rachelhope13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Head in the Clouds
Posts: 41,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
I didn't get a chance to watch Survivor last night. Could I ask you all to put any revealing deets in white? Just until this afternoon. Thanks!
I didn't either...Eeeeek, can't wait to watch when I get home!
__________________
Mister Northman, would you please come in?

Rachelhope13 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #73
Polar Bear Patrol
 
brandon & Alex's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: on the porch having a party
Posts: 48,881
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon & Alex's mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
from the other thread....
sorry Shaners forgot your b-day. Hope he makes it up to you with a yummy dinner!

Hai guys! Off tomorrow, but have to get allergy testing. Gonna bring my puter with me because it will take a few hours.
__________________
Aly McBear aka Mavis
http://alyson.ismyangel.net
Anything to beat the heat!
brandon & Alex's mom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #74
Polar Bear Patrol
 
brandon & Alex's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: on the porch having a party
Posts: 48,881
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon & Alex's mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa 8791 View Post
Girls, I have 2 prayer/good thought requests.

1.) We found out last week that Darren's dad had a mass that needed to be removed. The dr. gave it a score (lowest on the cancer rating scale???) and he thinks that they removed it all. My FIL will go back every 3 months for the next 3 years for checkups.

2.) One of my friends that I haven't seen in awhile was shot & killed by her boyfriend. It's been a very sad/shocking event. My heart is breaking for her family. We grew up together and I taught all but one of her nieces and nephews.
keeping your fil in my thoughts and prayers as well as your friend's family. How sad.
__________________
Aly McBear aka Mavis
http://alyson.ismyangel.net
Anything to beat the heat!
brandon & Alex's mom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #75
Polar Bear Patrol
 
brandon & Alex's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: on the porch having a party
Posts: 48,881
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon & Alex's mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
It was so cold last night! When I woke up at 3:20am and went up to bed, I was shivering and couldn't wait to get under my nice warm covers!
wish it was cold here!
__________________
Aly McBear aka Mavis
http://alyson.ismyangel.net
Anything to beat the heat!
brandon & Alex's mom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #76
Polar Bear Patrol
 
brandon & Alex's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: on the porch having a party
Posts: 48,881
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon & Alex's mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter_Girl View Post
He has gone a total of 3 times...today he tells me he is not going anymore. "please" he says. "I just wanna stay home with you all day".

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I got him to say he would go one more time. So we will just see how that goes.
awwwww, wish he was in my class. I would eat him up!
__________________
Aly McBear aka Mavis
http://alyson.ismyangel.net
Anything to beat the heat!
brandon & Alex's mom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #77
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter_Girl View Post
He has gone a total of 3 times...today he tells me he is not going anymore. "please" he says. "I just wanna stay home with you all day".

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I got him to say he would go one more time. So we will just see how that goes.
AW! There's a ringing endorsment of your mommy skills!
Nothing says you're doing a great job better than that!
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #78
Goober-E LOST-E
 
Edie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LOST
Posts: 68,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelhope13 View Post
Just got a text from Jane...she got a call from the PT Center and they had an opening the very next day, she threw stuff in a bag and took off...forgot her laptop! No cell service, so she tected me from off site, she will be home in a few days!
OH!
She's been on the go for months now. She must be TIRED!
__________________
"Nothing is irreversable"
Edie32 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #79
Polar Bear Patrol
 
brandon & Alex's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: on the porch having a party
Posts: 48,881
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon & Alex's mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter_Girl View Post
Ok...this is a teeny tiny minor vent and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter at all, but can I say that if I could, right now, I would never deal with the Postal System ever again!!!!

I almost wish they worked like franchises, because then I would know I was "hurting" them a teeny tiny bit by never going to that branch again.

UGH! Plus I know my hormones are raging anyway. But the PO worker made me feel like an A&&hole!!!! She was just so freakin' rude.

I did the "automated" machine for two little packaged envelopes, right? Only when I went to put them in the bin, the door was locked or maybe the bin the packages get dropped in was full and something was catching the door from opening. So I could not put my packages in the drop bin.

The line was long, and honestly, this has happened before. And the last time it happened I just snuck over to the end of the counter and said "excuse me the bin is full can I just leave these here?"

No problem, the PO worker took them for me. And yes she was "with" a customer...but I just had a simple question. She didn't have to DO anything.

So I did the same thing today...said politely, "excuse me, the bin is full..." And this BEYATCH was so FREAKING RUDE! I mean, she honestly could have been much more polite. She was dealing with a man with some packages, but I wasn't trying to cut in or anything. It was a simple question and like I said I have done it before with no problems.

She was all "I am with a customer (all snarky and carp). You need to wait, why would you just interrupt when I am with a customer?"

She just made me feel like a piece of *****. I wanted to cry. I wasn't trying to be rude to the man. And I have seen plenty of people before me do the same thing, hand them something because a bin was full and NOT stand in a long line to wait to ask one simple freaking question!

I was livid! I was not about to wait in a long line to DROP OFF packages that were already PAID FOR AND STAMPED!!!!

So I went outside and dropped them in the blue mail boxes in my fit of rage. Not sure if you are supposed to do that because they are over 13oz...but I mean, how is that my problem if your stupid PO can't make sure that their drop bins are working properly? ANd your staff member is a beyatch???


UGH!!! UGH!!! UGH!!!!! (as I am stomping my feet). I literally cried a little on the way home I was just so mad. She made me feel like was such a horribly rude person and how dare I say "excuse me to ask a quick question".


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


Ok...vent over. Thank you for staying tuned in for all that. LOL!
how rude!!! She had no right to make you feel like that and speak to you that way. My post officve is the same way which is why I only use the automated machines and I too would have stuffed it in the little mail slots or blue bins outside to avoid any contact with dumb ***** rude people!
__________________
Aly McBear aka Mavis
http://alyson.ismyangel.net
Anything to beat the heat!
brandon & Alex's mom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #80
Polar Bear Patrol
 
brandon & Alex's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: on the porch having a party
Posts: 48,881
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon & Alex's mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelhope13 View Post
Just got a text from Jane...she got a call from the PT Center and they had an opening the very next day, she threw stuff in a bag and took off...forgot her laptop! No cell service, so she tected me from off site, she will be home in a few days!
thanks for the update
__________________
Aly McBear aka Mavis
http://alyson.ismyangel.net
Anything to beat the heat!
brandon & Alex's mom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off