Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #4121
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Oh, my. I know you were beside yourself with that. I hope you set her straight and that she apologized to you.
I simply told her that in my opinion her words were very rude... and I would be sure to take all of my concerns to the doctor...and I was sure he would be happy to know he was paying a nurse that handled things this way... NOT
a simple "I do not know or You will need to speak to the doctor" in a positive, pleasant voice would have been suffecient !

I just did not want Wally to see me upset...

but we will just go forward tomorrow...and try to remember that God is in control... As I have said many times,
THE UNKNOWN SIMPLY "UN -PLUGS " ME OR DEPLETES ME...I deal so much better when I am told what it is, and what we need to do...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #4122
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Hey all.

We're home. Long day of errands. Bob's idea of *leaving early* didn't get us out of the house until almost 9. Went to what he was positive was a 'prompt care' kind of place (of which I knew it wasn't, but what do I know). Only the nurse practicioner was in today so he has an appt. for 10:30 tomorrow morning. All this just to get a mole frozen and removed ::: sigh ::: I'm beginning to feel like I live in Soni's world with these medical professionals.

We got into West Plains to Heroes so I could upload 108 pictures to Walgreens. Then found a couple things at Big Lots for my QSS, the usual trip to Walmart where I found some material I just HAD to have The colors remind me of the Elegant Soiree DP. Dinner at Ryans where I enjoyed a huge salad and fruit. Then it was over to pick up pictures.... Mind you... they had an order for 108 pictures. Well... 8 printed. They don't know what happened to the other 100. Told me it would take another 20 min to reprint. So we went over to $Tree (where I found something else to finish something for my QSS). When we got back to Walgreens, found out that because they didn't have the original ticket to know which pics I'd ordered duplicates of, they reprinted doubles of all 100 pics! Didn't charge me for the duplicates PLUS gave me another 20% off. And little things like that all the time is why I drive the 80 miles round trip for pictures.

Anyone want pictures of my family? I have LOTS
Sure if I know who they are ...lol

sorry for the delays...

this was the first bad or negative experience we have had dealing with this office, or even the entire time of Wally being sick... It probably was not all that bad...but hit me at a weak time... It is so hard to watch Wally br limited, and he is really trying to not complain or be cranky... he is very considerate of all I am doing and thanks me over and over...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #4123
Mini Quack

Quote:
I'm glad she called back. I hope they were better this time and easier to deal with.
Yes Shell, this girl is a sweetie, I am looking forward to meeting her actually...she has a ShihTzu also...so I need to take a pic of Daisy with me... She is very effecient and polite...if she does not know an answer she will find out and call me back... she was extremely up set about the way the nurse talked to me and treated me... she asked my concerns about Wally and was taking those into the doctor, so he would know what was going on...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #4124
Mini Quack

well I fed Wally before I went to clean the bank...that took about 1 1/2 hours, not too bad...then I came home and did dishes, and put my pj's on... I gave Daisy her bath earlier and brushed her good...

My day tomorrow will be changed , since I will not be home all day like I thought...However we have leftovers for supper tomorrow, so that is helpful... But I still have lots that needs done! So I need to get busy...

Kel what all did you find today??

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #4125
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
well I fed Wally before I went to clean the bank...that took about 1 1/2 hours, not too bad...then I came home and did dishes, and put my pj's on... I gave Daisy her bath earlier and brushed her good...

My day tomorrow will be changed , since I will not be home all day like I thought...However we have leftovers for supper tomorrow, so that is helpful... But I still have lots that needs done! So I need to get busy...

Kel what all did you find today??
Well... I can tell you I found something blue for ME. hehe I had to bring it home just to see what it was. I found this box at $Tree. It's called a 'collapsible non-woven container' Comes in baby blue, mint green or baby girl pink Hmmm Perfect for organizing nursery items - though I have another plan. The box is 11" x7.5" x4" It is a polyester fabric with the same fabric covering a piece of chip board for the inside bottom. Then there is a 6-compartment insert that velcros to the 4 sides. You can leave it out if you want and just have the big open space. There's a pull-handle on one end.

I couldn't tell what it looked like exactly and I figured it was only $1 so I'd buy one and check it out. It's totally cute!

I plan to put a storage cabinet in the quilt room when we rearrange it so I can get stuff out of storage. I had 4 drawers of the waterbed base that I kept cross stitch and other needlework type tools in. Those got emptied and the contents put in storage when Sue moved in. We needed the drawer space for her clothes. The drawer units went with her along with the pillow-top mattress and frame. Daddy was so generous! hehe These containers will be perfect for some of the lighter weight items in the cabinet and less expensive than baskets. And if something ever does get on them, they can go in the washing machine!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #4126
Stazon Splitcoast

I promised Bob I'd be off of here by 9 and spend a couple of hours with him. I'm a tad late as it seems to be taking forever for pages to load. So I'm going to go up and keep him company. I think we have an NCIS to watch. Told him I didn't think I'd make it through the last Ma and Pa Kettle tonight as much as I'd love to. Love those shows!

So I'm off. Soni. you guys be careful. Wally's card is going postal in the morning. We didn't make PO in time today.

Sweet Dreams!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #4127
Mini Quack

thanks Kel so is it like the canvas cubes that fold up??
that is a good price if so... hmmm

I had trouble on SCS earlier too... and I see Maggie cannot get on again either...

Ok Kel thanks...I am going back to reading for a while...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #4128
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Hi girls...it was a busy day....

Lunch, then bowling...I was awesome (122, 131, 154)....we won only 1 game. But, that's the way it goes! Headed to the high school for the teams. 1 out of 4 teams was ready to fly. The others worked hard to get things done. We took the one team out to fly their rocket. It worked well. They will be able to use that info...and go from there. Like which motor they want to use etc. Got back to the classroom...it was open house for some of the teachers. So, we waited for the team to clean up equipment while their teacher went to his other room to wait for parents. We actually had one of the kids stop by...he wanted to show off his rocket to his parents. Which was cool....
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #4129
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
thanks Kel so is it like the canvas cubes that fold up??
that is a good price if so... hmmm

I had trouble on SCS earlier too... and I see Maggie cannot get on again either...

Ok Kel thanks...I am going back to reading for a while...
I saw that too...hope that gets figured out. It was good to see that she had posted earlier.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #4130
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Hey Lois....you will have to let us know how you enjoyed the Harlem Globetrotters. I remember seeing them one time....they are great!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #4131
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

the temps were back to normal here....it was in the mid 40's. Wow, a heat wave after the stuff we had last week. But, I hear that we are suppose to get it again this week. I have a feeling if that happens...I'm not going to get my hair trimmed or go to the chiropractor. Need to watch the news tonight.....

One of the cousins posted on his facebook page that she has a cute little wooden sign that says "let it snow"...she said that it was her fault they have had so much snow in Ohio. That she is taking it down and hiding it! I said that I had better do the same....I have a small sign that says the same thing. Kind of takes on a whole new meaning after last week!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #4132
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

watched the game (thought it was a pretty good game), the commercials were so-so...only liked a couple, the National Anthem was a sorry state, the half time show left me wanting.....pretty bad when the game was the best part!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:04 AM   #4133
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Hey Lois....you will have to let us know how you enjoyed the Harlem Globetrotters. I remember seeing them one time....they are great!
When my brother and I were young , my uncle used to take us to see them as often as they came to Toledo... Even i thought they were good...I want to take Cody, he loves basketball...I hope they come near us soon

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #4134
Mini Quack

Good Morning... Brrrr single digits are not fun to wake up to...

I am off to start my day, a load of laundry, wash my hair and get clothes ready for us ...

I hope you all have a great day...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 02-08-2011 at 05:34 AM..
Old 02-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #4135
Total Quack

Good morning.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #4136
Total Quack

Quote:
Hey all.

We're home. Long day of errands. Bob's idea of *leaving early* didn't get us out of the house until almost 9. Went to what he was positive was a 'prompt care' kind of place (of which I knew it wasn't, but what do I know). Only the nurse practicioner was in today so he has an appt. for 10:30 tomorrow morning. All this just to get a mole frozen and removed ::: sigh ::: I'm beginning to feel like I live in Soni's world with these medical professionals.

We got into West Plains to Heroes so I could upload 108 pictures to Walgreens. Then found a couple things at Big Lots for my QSS, the usual trip to Walmart where I found some material I just HAD to have The colors remind me of the Elegant Soiree DP. Dinner at Ryans where I enjoyed a huge salad and fruit. Then it was over to pick up pictures.... Mind you... they had an order for 108 pictures. Well... 8 printed. They don't know what happened to the other 100. Told me it would take another 20 min to reprint. So we went over to $Tree (where I found something else to finish something for my QSS). When we got back to Walgreens, found out that because they didn't have the original ticket to know which pics I'd ordered duplicates of, they reprinted doubles of all 100 pics! Didn't charge me for the duplicates PLUS gave me another 20% off. And little things like that all the time is why I drive the 80 miles round trip for pictures.

Anyone want pictures of my family? I have LOTS

LOL!! Well, at least you won't be scared to crop pictures or anything when you scrap.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #4137
Total Quack

Quote:
I simply told her that in my opinion her words were very rude... and I would be sure to take all of my concerns to the doctor...and I was sure he would be happy to know he was paying a nurse that handled things this way... NOT
a simple "I do not know or You will need to speak to the doctor" in a positive, pleasant voice would have been suffecient !

I just did not want Wally to see me upset...

but we will just go forward tomorrow...and try to remember that God is in control... As I have said many times,
THE UNKNOWN SIMPLY "UN -PLUGS " ME OR DEPLETES ME..
.I deal so much better when I am told what it is, and what we need to do...

I truly believe that He is trying to teach you to lean and depend ONLY on him.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #4138
Total Quack

Quote:
Yes Shell, this girl is a sweetie, I am looking forward to meeting her actually...she has a ShihTzu also...so I need to take a pic of Daisy with me... She is very effecient and polite...if she does not know an answer she will find out and call me back... she was extremely up set about the way the nurse talked to me and treated me... she asked my concerns about Wally and was taking those into the doctor, so he would know what was going on...

Glad she is taking care of it.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #4139
Total Quack

Quote:
Well... I can tell you I found something blue for ME. hehe I had to bring it home just to see what it was. I found this box at $Tree. It's called a 'collapsible non-woven container' Comes in baby blue, mint green or baby girl pink Hmmm Perfect for organizing nursery items - though I have another plan. The box is 11" x7.5" x4" It is a polyester fabric with the same fabric covering a piece of chip board for the inside bottom. Then there is a 6-compartment insert that velcros to the 4 sides. You can leave it out if you want and just have the big open space. There's a pull-handle on one end.

I couldn't tell what it looked like exactly and I figured it was only $1 so I'd buy one and check it out. It's totally cute!

I plan to put a storage cabinet in the quilt room when we rearrange it so I can get stuff out of storage. I had 4 drawers of the waterbed base that I kept cross stitch and other needlework type tools in. Those got emptied and the contents put in storage when Sue moved in. We needed the drawer space for her clothes. The drawer units went with her along with the pillow-top mattress and frame. Daddy was so generous! hehe These containers will be perfect for some of the lighter weight items in the cabinet and less expensive than baskets. And if something ever does get on them, they can go in the washing machine!

Sounds neat! I will have to look at our store to see if they have one.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:10 AM   #4140
Total Quack

Quote:
Hi girls...it was a busy day....

Lunch, then bowling...I was awesome (122, 131, 154)....we won only 1 game. But, that's the way it goes! Headed to the high school for the teams. 1 out of 4 teams was ready to fly. The others worked hard to get things done. We took the one team out to fly their rocket. It worked well. They will be able to use that info...and go from there. Like which motor they want to use etc. Got back to the classroom...it was open house for some of the teachers. So, we waited for the team to clean up equipment while their teacher went to his other room to wait for parents. We actually had one of the kids stop by...he wanted to show off his rocket to his parents. Which was cool....

How neat that one of them wanted to show off the rocket. That should make you feel great!

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #4141
Total Quack

I'm not in a great mood today, but I plan to change that.

We've got piano at 2, and I'm hitting the store at that point, too.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #4142
Total Quack

I ended up doing 2 challenge cards yesterday. Both are in my gallery. One is on my blog and the other will be there (with close-up pics) on Thursday.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #4143
Total Quack

Jaydin and I have a pillow to make today. We're going to make it together for Kenzie. I'm going to add some taggies and embroider her name on it.

I want to make Jaydin a bag for her Yoga stuff before Friday, too.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 AM   #4144
Mini Quack

Quote:
I truly believe that He is trying to teach you to lean and depend ONLY on him.
good point...

but if I am told what I have to face I really can do it !, just saying...
those are words of experience... many times ..

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #4145
Mini Quack

Quote:
Jaydin and I have a pillow to make today. We're going to make it together for Kenzie. I'm going to add some taggies and embroider her name on it.

I want to make Jaydin a bag for her Yoga stuff before Friday, too.
sounds like a busy day full of fun stuff... enjoy !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #4146
Mini Quack

I left some love in your gallery...I need to get back up stairs, Wally is getting cleaned up... then I need to get dressed... I still have a few things I want to do before we have to head out !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #4147
Quacker Stamper

Looks like I'm finally back in business. They had not unblocked my home IP address although they did the one at my office yesterday. After several e-mails, it was open this morning. I"m probably not going to be on as much anyway because they are cracking down on Internet stuff here at the office. They've blocked all the gaming sites like FarmVille and all those games, but I can still get on using my laptop. So that's what I'll be doing. I'll check back later and catch up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #4148
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning all....

well, we are suppose to get another round of snow and ice tomorrow. The rain will come in late tonight...turn to freezing rain...and then into the ice...with an overlay of snow! Yep sounds like a repeat of last week. Hope we aren't house bound again!

Will need to get out and get more groceries today. Better to be prepared!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #4149
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie....great to see you up and running again! We understand...we'll see ya when we see ya!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #4150
Total Quack

Quote:
good point...

but if I am told what I have to face I really can do it !, just saying...
those are words of experience... many times ..

Yes, and I'm just saying that HE doesn't want YOU to do it!!! If you can do it, it doesn't allow Him to do things that only He can do. HE wants to do it and to do it FOR you. It's totally about depending on Him.

More words of experience ... and scripture.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #4151
Total Quack

Quote:
sounds like a busy day full of fun stuff... enjoy !

Sure hope so!

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #4152
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Looks like I'm finally back in business. They had not unblocked my home IP address although they did the one at my office yesterday. After several e-mails, it was open this morning. I"m probably not going to be on as much anyway because they are cracking down on Internet stuff here at the office. They've blocked all the gaming sites like FarmVille and all those games, but I can still get on using my laptop. So that's what I'll be doing. I'll check back later and catch up.

Awesome. So glad to have you back. We'll miss you while you're at work.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #4153
Total Quack

Time for a shower and then lunch. Then, we'll head to the Haven until time for piano!

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #4154
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Thnks for letting us know Maggie, glad they got that all figured out !

have a good day and we can chat tonight !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #4155
Mini Quack

Quote:
Yes, and I'm just saying that HE doesn't want YOU to do it!!! If you can do it, it doesn't allow Him to do things that only He can do. HE wants to do it and to do it FOR you. It's totally about depending on Him.

More words of experience ... and scripture.
I will need to think and study on this...not sure I follow all of that

I always thought HE wants us to learn to be strong and how to accept and deal...

Yes I know HE is the one in charge, but we do play a part... but I will go give this to him again...it is obvious that he is better equipted to know what to do...

Really, I just ask for the ability to accept each day and be given whatever I need to do as HE wants me to do even to glorify HIM
I know yesterday HE did not want me upset with that nurse...but ... life happens... in a human way some times
I am trying to be nicer today ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #4156
Total Quack

Quote:
I will need to think and study on this...not sure I follow all of that

I always thought HE wants us to learn to be strong and how to accept and deal...

Yes I know HE is the one in charge, but we do play a part... but I will go give this to him again...it is obvious that he is better equipted to know what to do...

Really, I just ask for the ability to accept each day and be given whatever I need to do as HE wants me to do even to glorify HIM
I know yesterday HE did not want me upset with that nurse...but ... life happens... in a human way some times
I am trying to be nicer today ...

We can chat about this in a PM. I will send you one about it a little later today.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #4157
Total Quack

Time to get upstairs to work some.

Photography Site

Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #4158
Mini Quack

Okie Dokie, our early lunch has been served, and cleaned up...we are off to go out and brave this cold... hope to be back soon...
It will be like 2 hours or more...

have a nice afternoon

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #4159
Mini Quack

Quote:
We can chat about this in a PM. I will send you one about it a little later today.
ok, thanks

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #4160
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
morning all....

well, we are suppose to get another round of snow and ice tomorrow. The rain will come in late tonight...turn to freezing rain...and then into the ice...with an overlay of snow! Yep sounds like a repeat of last week. Hope we aren't house bound again!

Will need to get out and get more groceries today. Better to be prepared!
That is supposed to be heading our way tomorrow afternoon/evening with the temps dropping into the 20's - more ice. It's only 43 here now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/