Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to visit with him yesterday after work. Joyce had gone home, so Mike and I was there. He was getting a unit of blood (2 units for the day). They did a scope procedure and told Joyce that they saw a couple of small spots (?), but nothing to be alarmed about. They will keep an eye on them. No reason found yet as to why the loss of blood. He was sitting on the side of his bed, but he looked like he didn't feel well. I stayed with him until a little after 7:00. I went down to the gift shop and bought him a couple packs of peanut butter crackers to have for a snack later in the evening.

I haven't heard from him today, but will check in later. It just breaks my heart to see him like this.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #162
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam wilson View Post
I went to visit with him yesterday after work. Joyce had gone home, so Mike and I was there. He was getting a unit of blood (2 units for the day). They did a scope procedure and told Joyce that they saw a couple of small spots (?), but nothing to be alarmed about. They will keep an eye on them. No reason found yet as to why the loss of blood. He was sitting on the side of his bed, but he looked like he didn't feel well. I stayed with him until a little after 7:00. I went down to the gift shop and bought him a couple packs of peanut butter crackers to have for a snack later in the evening.

I haven't heard from him today, but will check in later. It just breaks my heart to see him like this.
{{{HUGS}}} I will continue to pray - and hopefully they will find the source of the blood loss, and rectify it. Love you!

Jenn - good for you, you should be recognized for what you do

Things here are same old same old...running to the mall after work today have to return some shoes I got for the girls...then home. I'm TIRED! Hoping it won't be a late night.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #163
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
{{{HUGS}}} I will continue to pray - and hopefully they will find the source of the blood loss, and rectify it. Love you!

Jenn - good for you, you should be recognized for what you do

Things here are same old same old...running to the mall after work today have to return some shoes I got for the girls...then home. I'm TIRED! Hoping it won't be a late night.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #164
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for the update Pam- I will continue praying- big hugs friend!

Hope you get to bed early Tracey!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

Pam, I'm thinking of you and praying for Doug. Hopefully he enjoyed your crackers and is feeling much better onto a miraculous recovery!!!

Jenn - best of luck with the position. Sounds interesting. Hope the perks are good.

Just got off the trampoline. 5 min. is about my max. I was able to fall on my back and bounce back up to my feet....well, I could do it once.

Laura, depending on when it is, I'm not *that* far away from Chicago. I could drive down to Sally's and take the train with her. But, you didn't invite me, either...so how about that horning in on the occasion? I have like zero time off left for the year that's not planned, however, so it would probably count me out anyway.

OK, I NEED to go to bed early tonight. I am so tired. Up late, late late these last few nights.
The girls' drama starts tomorrow night with opening night. I can't wait. Sally, is your DD's next month then?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Pam. (((hugs))) and prayers for Doug.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning -

Wound up spending more time (and money!) at the mall that I planned for, lol. BUT - got the girls some cute things, so they're very bright and springy today

Didn't get to bed AS early, but fell asleep playing scramble (or words with friends -not sure, actually) soooo, I still fell asleep earlier than usual, lol.

Hoping everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #168
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I'm home today (vacation day). I have a service guy coming later to service the air conditioner. I'm going to get my house cleaned this morning so that will be done for the weekend. Think I'll spend the afternoon in the stamp room since I have to wait for the guy to get here between 1 to 5.

The girls and I are enjoying the cool breeze coming in through the open windows and my morning coffee.

I hope that you all enjoy your day. Hugs and love to all!!

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #169
Forum Fanatic

Yay for new spring things for the girls Tracey!

Enjoy your day at home Pam!

I have a massage this afternoon that I am sooo looking forward to!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Lord, someone had a crazy idea and acted on it. I don't want to name names, but she might possibly live in Cincinnati.....or not. Or maybe. Just sayin'.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #171
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh Lord, someone had a crazy idea and acted on it. I don't want to name names, but she might possibly live in Cincinnati.....or not. Or maybe. Just sayin'.
And what was that cockeyed plan?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn, I am so glad you get to have a massage! Hope it very relaxing.

Staci, enjoy the girls' performance!

Tracey, that sounds like a good shopping trip.

I have been doing nothing all morning. Well, I started playing Draw Something. Sally is so awesome. She guessed Kobe.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #173
Gallery Gazer

Location: Where I can drink coffee from my Keurig and read from my Kindle

Quote:

Pam - I've been thinking about Doug (and Joyce) a lot lately. Hope they find the source of the bleeding. I'm no doctor (nor do I play one on t.v.) but, I'm learning all kinds of medical things in caring for my mother and dealing with her illness and issues, so I'm wondering, is Doug on a blood thinner med? If so, the bleeding may be from a quite common (but not easy to diagnose) complication from a blood thinner.

Hope you're enjoying your day off!

Hi, everyone! Happy Thursday (although Thursday is not a favorite day of the week for me, but it's pretty darn close to Friday)! Enjoy!

I'm not that interesting. Really.

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going."
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiechic View Post
Jenn, I am so glad you get to have a massage! Hope it very relaxing.

Staci, enjoy the girls' performance!

Tracey, that sounds like a good shopping trip.

I have been doing nothing all morning. Well, I started playing Draw Something. Sally is so awesome. She guessed Kobe.
My friend Leslie asked me about this yesterday...guess I will have to go check it out

Pam - do tell -- what crazy plan did this certain someone act on?? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #175
Stazon Splitcoast

Paulette (((hugs)))
Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwwolfe View Post
Pam - I've been thinking about Doug (and Joyce) a lot lately. Hope they find the source of the bleeding. I'm no doctor (nor do I play one on t.v.) but, I'm learning all kinds of medical things in caring for my mother and dealing with her illness and issues, so I'm wondering, is Doug on a blood thinner med? If so, the bleeding may be from a quite common (but not easy to diagnose) complication from a blood thinner.

Hope you're enjoying your day off!

Hi, everyone! Happy Thursday (although Thursday is not a favorite day of the week for me, but it's pretty darn close to Friday)! Enjoy!
{{{HUGS}}} it's not easy. Sending you some lovin'!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

Howdy! Home from Chicago..ate two hot dogs, Lou's pizza, Garrett's Popcorn, Fannie Mae, and Dunkin Donuts...thankfully not all at the same time. Sales conferences are not much fun when you are sober! I did win a Top Performer Award which includes a trip to Florida which I probably can't attend, lovely.

Pam - Thinking of you and Doug.

Paulette - Hugs! Sorry to hear about your mom.

I should unpack, well, at least the stuff I need for tomorrow. My kitties need some love too.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

Hiya!
Sam - that's awesome about the award you won! Is it at a fixed time (the trip) and that's why you couldn't go? Bummer. I need to get me some of that Chicago food. I've never been to any of the good places to eat in Chicago. The Shedd Aquarium cafeteria does NOT make the list!

I am in mourning right now. Sad for Sparty.

Pam, I am beyond curious as to what you are up to...? Book a trip out here to see me??

Jenn, hope you enjoy(ed) your massage! They are the greatest.

Paulette, nice to see you. Sorry you are going through health issues with your Mom. My Dad has been having a string of things lately, but not super serious. He had a surgery 2 weeks ago, (and fell in the bathroom the day after), then was on a heart montior this week and slipped and pulled a muscle in his leg (I think that was it). He sounds a lot worse than he is, all of the sudden.

The drama tonight was really good. It was The Music Man Jr. Both girls did a really nice job. DD#1 hands-down had the best singing skills of the whole cast (says totally objective Mom) DD#2 did a really nice job with her singing, also. She was in a big group choir. I will get to see it several more times this weekend.

Well, tomorrow I have my performance review with my old boss...and my new boss was listed as at the meeting, too. Should be interesting. I am up for only one "exceeds expectations" and we'll see if I get it or get shot down again this year. Things are super stressful at work and many of us are at our breaking points. We've only got 18 more months before it starts to get better...(computer system-wise). Sigh.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #179
Stazon Splitcoast

Staci - I hope you can try some yummy Chicago food soon. It is a set trip at a set time and the problem is I leave for Hawaii on the Sat the trip ends. I really don't see the point in flying to FL on Wed and coming home on Fri and flying again on Sat. Not sure my OB would approve of it either as I'm technically high risk.

My poor husband wither has acid reflux or gall bladder issues. Ultrasound in the morning to rule out the gall bladder. Of course he is at the bowling alley right now!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning -

Sam - glad you are home safe, and endulged on all of the goodies Chicago has to offer! I forgot you guys don't have DD. Funny enough - when I was younger, we didn't have any right around us either - so when we went to visit my brother and sister at school, it was always a big treat to bring home a dozen donuts. NOW -- I've got 3 within a 10 mile radius of my home and probably close to 8 within 25 miles, lol. Hope Chris makes out ok with what is currently ailing him blech.

Congrats on your award, but we already knew you were a top performer . Sorry that the trip might not work out though...(I must say, if I were choosing one over the other, it would DEFINITELY be HI, lol)

Staci -Hope your review goes well...sending positive thoughts that things will hopefully start to improve soon! Glad you got to enjoy the drama yesterday -- it's a nice little break away, isn't it?

Pam? Paaaaaaaammmm? You taunt us, and then disappear...oh GOSH, you're not in jail, are you? OH -- maybe you're on your way to NY to see me, and can't talk/type/text while driving...yes, that must be it.

Me? I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy it's FRIDAY! This wonderful warm weather has made me long for early dismissal, lol -- AND since they are painting my office...AND I have a laptop...Today is the day! ha ha. I'll be leaving the office early and finishing my day at home outside....aaahhhhh
Had S's parent teacher conference last night - she's doing great. I'm so proud of her.

Wishing you all a great day!!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #181
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misermom View Post
Paulette, nice to see you. Sorry you are going through health issues with your Mom. My Dad has been having a string of things lately, but not super serious. He had a surgery 2 weeks ago, (and fell in the bathroom the day after), then was on a heart montior this week and slipped and pulled a muscle in his leg (I think that was it). He sounds a lot worse than he is, all of the sudden.
Thanks for the good thoughts, girls.

What's going on in my house pales in comparison to what many of you deal with now or have dealt with yourselves. Cancer touches just about everyone - it's just making itself present in our house these days. I try not to whine about it, my mom's the one who actually has to deal with it. I'm just the caregiver and no matter how tired or stressed or emotional I am, it's nothin' compared to what she's dealing with.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #182
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
Me? I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy it's FRIDAY! This wonderful warm weather has made me long for early dismissal, lol -- AND since they are painting my office...AND I have a laptop...Today is the day! ha ha. I'll be leaving the office early and finishing my day at home outside....aaahhhhh
Had S's parent teacher conference last night - she's doing great. I'm so proud of her.

Wishing you all a great day!!
Enjoy your early dismissal! I think I'm going to do that myself - this will be the last day of the great weather, before it goes back to more seasonal temps, and I can't seem to get any work done in the office, so I'm gonna just work at home. Enjoy the day!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #183
Forum Fanatic

Good morning!

Sending you some extra hugs and prayers Paulette. Even when you are not the one going through the sickness, it is so hard to be there and support someone you love through that. Love you!

Pam- what did you do crazy woman! I'm usually pulling the "Lucy" schemes

I hope the review goes well Staci and yay for great signers and performers!

Enjoy working at home Tracey!

Congratulations on the award Samantha! Sorry you have to miss the trip!

Hi Laura!!

I wish I could chat more, but I gotta get moving! Big Friday hugs!

Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #184
Stazon Splitcoast

Paulette - Big Hugs!! Being a caregiver is hard work. I hope your mom is feeling the best she can.

Tracey - Enjoy your work day outside!

I have so much work to do and I just want to go back to bed. Going to be a long day. Better go make a cup of tea.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #185
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Sadly, I am NOT on my way to Wisconsin OR New York. I am happily (okay, I am exaggerating) sitting at my desk on Garfield Ave. Well, my desk isn't on Garfield Ave, as that would be dangerous. My desk is actually in my office, which is located on Garfield.

I took a vacation day yesterday in order for the service guy to come check my air conditioning unit, which didn't happen and that is a whole other aggravating story.

As I was having my morning coffee, I looked around and decided to change my living room/dining room a bit. Those of you that have been there know that it isn't a big space and moving around is limited. First I decided to take the leaf out of my DR table, which for some reason was quite a difficult task and it's really heavy. But I did it! Then I decided to move some tables/chairs around in the LR. THEN I decided to move the grandfather's clock. My SIL would have a heart attack if she knew that I did this without taking the clock apart. So, I was ever so careful to get the sliders under it and slowly, kind of, move it to another location. The next time they come for a visit and she asks how I moved it, I will plead the fifth. Needless to say, as I was about half way through my rearranging, I wondered to myself what in the world was I thinking! But, I got it done and I like the changes. I was one tired pup the rest of the evening.

And there you have the latest installment of "Pam's Escapades".

Now I have to tackle the work that came in yesterday, so I better scoot.
Have a wonderful day, friends!

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #186
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Sadly, I am NOT on my way to Wisconsin OR New York. I am happily (okay, I am exaggerating) sitting at my desk on Garfield Ave. Well, my desk isn't on Garfield Ave, as that would be dangerous. My desk is actually in my office, which is located on Garfield.

I took a vacation day yesterday in order for the service guy to come check my air conditioning unit, which didn't happen and that is a whole other aggravating story.

As I was having my morning coffee, I looked around and decided to change my living room/dining room a bit. Those of you that have been there know that it isn't a big space and moving around is limited. First I decided to take the leaf out of my DR table, which for some reason was quite a difficult task and it's really heavy. But I did it! Then I decided to move some tables/chairs around in the LR. THEN I decided to move the grandfather's clock. My SIL would have a heart attack if she knew that I did this without taking the clock apart. So, I was ever so careful to get the sliders under it and slowly, kind of, move it to another location. The next time they come for a visit and she asks how I moved it, I will plead the fifth. Needless to say, as I was about half way through my rearranging, I wondered to myself what in the world was I thinking! But, I got it done and I like the changes. I was one tired pup the rest of the evening.

Well - I AM sad that you aren't on your way here...BUT -- good for you for making the change -- glad you didn't hurt yourself!! I used to do that all the time when I lived home -- and even in our apartment. The way our house is, we don't have much room to move anything to another spot, but who knows? If I have enought time (and energy) maybe I can make it happen.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #187
Forum Fanatic

I want to see some pictures of the changes Pam! I'm very glad that you didn't get hurt moving all that stuff around. Do you know that marc follows you on twitter? The other day he said something about cheering for Glady and I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he said "my friend Pam..." LOL! It wasn't until the next day I caught up on twitter that I knew what he was talking about!

I sooooo want to take a nap! The kids are hyped up for their birthday party tomorrow. The boys are having 10 friends sleep over at a hotel with waterslides. K is having a couple friends sleep over here- so don't worry that i would be bored with only one kid

Old 03-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #188
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:
Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Oh Pam!! I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself moving all of that stuff, but happy you like all of the changes. Please be careful when doing something like that.

Nursing migraines again here again (both DD and myself) so I'm heading back into the dark for awhile.

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Sr. Design Team Member Mark's Finest Papers,
Old 03-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #189
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by a woman with many hats! View Post
I want to see some pictures of the changes Pam! I'm very glad that you didn't get hurt moving all that stuff around. Do you know that marc follows you on twitter? The other day he said something about cheering for Glady and I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he said "my friend Pam..." LOL! It wasn't until the next day I caught up on twitter that I knew what he was talking about!

I sooooo want to take a nap! The kids are hyped up for their birthday party tomorrow. The boys are having 10 friends sleep over at a hotel with waterslides. K is having a couple friends sleep over here- so don't worry that i would be bored with only one kid
Just one more reason to love that guy.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #190
Stazon Splitcoast

Go Pam! I'm not a big decorator, so once it gets put there, it is probably staying there for a long time.

Chris has a major case of acid reflux. Hoping the RX works in the next two weeks and I'll have to work on some dinner ideas that are a little bland while he heals. Yeah for no surgery.

I'm alone with the pets tonight. Going to curl up in bed with my iPad and Footloose as I accidently packed my headphones in my checked luggage and couldn't watch the movie on the plane. I have 30 days to watch it.

Nothing planned for the weekend at the moment other than exciting stuff like laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping. Try not to be jealous!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know Sam, I am a tad bit jealous after hearing about your exciting weekend. hehe I hope that Chris begins to feel better very soon. Poor guy.

We had rain yesterday and more coming most of the weekend. I'm planning on spending my time in the craft room. If I don't get some things made, I may as well close down the blog.

I hope that all of you have a great day. Love and hugs to everyone!

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #192
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to kamakaz1gb

Morning all. Somewhat busy day today. DH took DS to his meeting for his trip this summer. I am taking the girls to the school for the Kid's Fair. Later my MIL is coming and DH and I are going out for the evening. Looking forward to that. Also have to get some cleaning done - did a little bit this morning as well as caught up with the bills and checking account. Would really like to stamp this weekend - we shall see what happens.

A question for you - why do people volunteer to help with something and then do nothing? I feel very bad for not making DS's meeting and had sent out the info to the other volunteer parents hoping one would get up and give the 2 minute update about what we are looking to do - DH just told me no one did. Now I feel like I've let the leader down. Arg.... this really bothers me. If you can't be bothered to atleast present the info when someone else got it all together - what did you sign up for???

Ok - need to go find some happy so I don't take it out on the kids. Have a good one!

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #193
Forum Fanatic

Good morning everyone!

Teresa- some people just suck- it's the truth!

I am running the kids here and there today and them K has a few friends for a sleepover- should be a good day!

Big weekend hugs!

Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #194
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #195
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Pam!

I'm working on my grocery list and meal planning for the week. Hoping to get to the store earlier today than the last few weeks.

I better get moving otherwise I'll never get anything done today.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Well, we still don't have orders. However, the exceptional needs office from Camp Pendleton just sent us a welcome message. Haha! So we are probably headed back to SoCal, but still have no idea what on earth DH will be doing or when we may be leaving.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #197
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiechic View Post
Good Morning!

Well, we still don't have orders. However, the exceptional needs office from Camp Pendleton just sent us a welcome message. Haha! So we are probably headed back to SoCal, but still have no idea what on earth DH will be doing or when we may be leaving.
Sorry, Laura! But, at least someone knows where you're going! Hope you get orders soon!

Happy Monday, everyone! Why does the dang weekend have to be so short?!?!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #198
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I think it is funny. Just knowing which coast is a relief. Besides, I love SoCal. I'll be a stone's throw from Sarah too.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #199
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to crafty_karyn

Laura- Do you still have your house there, too? Or did that sell? I think I may have missed the whole conversation about you moving, again. The unsettled feeling that comes with not knowing is so hard. (At least it is for me). Hope things come to light soon!

I have been sick all weekend. I think I am feeling better. At least I hope so. I had lots I had planned to get done this weekend and didn't get any of it done. Oh well. There is always this week.... Have a great Monday, everyone.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #200
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning (said with a nasal tone). Like Karyn, I have been sick since last Thursday. Home from work... laying around... doing nothing (except playing Drawing with those of you who send me your fancy schmancy drawings...) Thur/Fri I was miserable... now I'm just congested and keep a box of Kleenex with me. I swanee, I should weigh 90 lbs with the amount of stuff I'v blown out these past 72 hours. Where or where does it come from?

Pam - how is Doug?
Laura - back to CA? Well, hopefully not before you go to Chicago this summer.

... well - that's all the energy I have. I'm really really going to miss my nap this afternoon. sigh.