Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
Sally - I heard about that book on the Today show but I haven't read it yet. Let me know how you like it.

Tracey - That is a bummer about your lab being so far away. I'm lucky that our hospital/medical group has a lab right across the street from my neighborhood. Plus the ladies are awesome and the only ones that get me on the first try!

Had a simple dinner of slow cooker chicken and dumplings.
Well - I have a feeling I know what the deal is. The lab at the hospital is 'sub-contracted out' if you will. That is the lab that our benefits was also contracted with. WELL -- the hospital is in the process of bringing the lab back in house, to be owned by our system, not a third party - but the transition won't be complete until about mid-year. SO, I'm guessing that for our benefits, they had to contract with someone who WASN'T our current lab, since we're not going to be working with them anymore.

I'm HOPING that in the future, the benefits will switch to our own lab, then I can get them drawn right at work...but until then...must travel. There are 3 - and I'm SMACK DAB in the middle of all of them - each at least 1/2 hour away. So dumb. But, it needed to be done. At least when I have my annual physical done, the Drs. office draws and sends it out to the appropriate lab.

Sally - hope your day got better - or at least your mood improved upon getting home and reading your saucy book .

{{HUGS}} all around -- Goodnight!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning - it's Tuesday -- another day, another dollar... My mood did improve as the day went on. Guess it was the Monday blues. Need to stop and count my blessings an check myself every once and a while.

Well, the book series is certainly steamy (to say the least... ahem). It is very very hard to put down. Both kids were gone last night, so I had about 3 hours to read - and I did. Which, I should have been doing some laundry, etc.

I'm having Easter this year. Our family is doing something different. Typically we always get together with my mom's entire side of the family (well, we have been for 42 years), and this year they have decided that Easter will be spent with individual families. Well, since my sister has to go to her in-laws, my other sister lives in TX, my brother is a bachelor, and I'm not going to have my parents cook... that leaves me to host. So, I'll be having Easter for my immediate family. It will be odd not havine an entire house full of people (we usually have 35+ people). But, it will be nice too. Perhaps we'll play games or watch a movie or something. I'm thinking about what to make now and will probably do the traditional Easter meal.

Enjoy your day-before hump day day... Mwah!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! For five more minutes anyway!

Sally, I am glad you are feeling a bit better. Caffeine is what usually keepsme from smacking someone. Too bad I don't live closer. I would have brought the smack down for you.

Tracey, sorry about the restless night. I hope the rest of the week goes well. (((hugs)))

My brain is in slow mo today so I will reply before it is afternoon.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Good - well, almost Afternoon --

Sally - glad you got some time to chillax and read (I'm sure that word isn't cool anymore, but, whatever ) Sounds like Easter will be different, but it will give you the opportunity to maybe start some new traditions, as well. I think we do Easter with my parents this year? Maybe? I don't even know. If so, I'll probably offer to cook, unless my brother or sister does first .

Another messed up night of sleep in our house *BLECH*. It's supposed to be nice here again today, but I think since it's just us girls tonight, and it's $5 movie night - we're going to go see the Lorax for a treat. There's a 5 o'clock show. Then we'll come home and have something quick to eat before bed.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

We saw the Lorax, and the big sap that I am, I was all misty by the end. They did a great job 're-inventing' the book and show into a movie. Great animation, and music. The kids were sucked in from start to finish. Made me want to come home and plant some trees!

The girls are asleep - and DH isn't home yet...trying to decide if I should go stamp -- or if I should go to bed too, lol...

See you girls tomorrow! Xoxox
Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening,

Knowing Tracey..she is probably still awake. Glad you enjoyed the movie with the girls.

Sally - I love reading and pretending there is no housework waiting for me!

I should be getting stuff ready for tomorrow. Watching the Ducks men's basketball NIT game instead.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #87
Glitter Guru

Location: Where I can drink coffee from my Keurig and read from my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
We saw the Lorax, and the big sap that I am, I was all misty by the end. They did a great job 're-inventing' the book and show into a movie. Great animation, and music. The kids were sucked in from start to finish. Made me want to come home and plant some trees!
I cried, too! The movie was cute - Betty White stole the show, not sure why her character wasn't featured in more of the promos and trailers. And really, the Gram always saves the day, esp. IRL

I'm not that interesting. Really.

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going."
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwwolfe View Post
I cried, too! The movie was cute - Betty White stole the show, not sure why her character wasn't featured in more of the promos and trailers. And really, the Gram always saves the day, esp. IRL
I agree! I loved when they were having "family time" and she was taking FOR-EV-ER to make her move, until the Mom was like "OK! Family Time is over now!" lol.... awesome.

So -- big goings on here in the office. The one I refer to as Sybil is at it again...and she had a HUGE fight with my co-worker, after ticking off a couple of members of the Sr. Mgmt. team earlier in the week. NOW she is being Susie Sunshine to everyone, because she knows she's in a heap of crapola.

Nick got home a little while after my post, and we caught up on our guilty pleasure TV shows "New Girl" and "Raising Hope". A woke up again...at 3:30 (***?!?!?) but she went back to sleep fairly easily...of course, my sleep cycle was still ALL messed up - and I LOOK how I FEEL today... Hoping the day goes quickly!

Found out last night that a long time friend's Mom is nearing the end of her road after a long battle with a brain tumor She doesn't recognize her family members anymore...and she went to hospice yesterday. CANCER SUCKS. I know we all know, but somehow I feel like I have to say it. My friend is pregnant with her 2nd child, and is about 8 hours away in Western NY...so it sucks even more, she's getting to the point where she can't travel, as she has her own medical conditions to worry about. If you could, say a prayer for Sherri (the Mom), Jimmy (the Dad) and Melissa and Colin (the children) and especially for Jackson (grandchild) who had been robbed of an AWESOME grandmother. I know I've asked you for quite a few recently, but I really am grateful

*sigh*

OK -- Now -- I don't know who all has been watching - but I'm SO in love with all of the STARS this month at PTI -- and the birthday tags, and Dawn's adorable file folder dies... *doin' a little happy dance* excited for tomorrow night.

alright -- I've procrastinated long enough - I had an early LOOOONG meeting this morning - but now I must get on with the rest of my day.

*MWAH* see you later!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #89
Glitter Guru

Quote:

The girls are asleep - and DH isn't home yet...trying to decide if I should go stamp -- or if I should go to bed too, lol...

See you girls tomorrow! Xoxox
Brian and Kace went to see the Lorax on Saturday while I was at a Trade show.

Brian is a HUGE Dr. SEusse fan, and said he was disappointed in the movie. Kace loved it though!!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So -- big goings on here in the office. The one I refer to as Sybil is at it again...and she had a HUGE fight with my co-worker, after ticking off a couple of members of the Sr. Mgmt. team earlier in the week. NOW she is being Susie Sunshine to everyone, because she knows she's in a heap of crapola. This is NOT a good place to be. Some people just never learn. Do you by chance have a window near by? Just askin'.......

Nick got home a little while after my post, and we caught up on our guilty pleasure TV shows "New Girl" and "Raising Hope". A woke up again...at 3:30 (***?!?!?) but she went back to sleep fairly easily...of course, my sleep cycle was still ALL messed up - and I LOOK how I FEEL today... Hoping the day goes quickly!

OMG! I was just about ready to cover my ears and hide my eyes. I wasn't quite sure where this was going.

Found out last night that a long time friend's Mom is nearing the end of her road after a long battle with a brain tumor She doesn't recognize her family members anymore...and she went to hospice yesterday. CANCER SUCKS. I know we all know, but somehow I feel like I have to say it. My friend is pregnant with her 2nd child, and is about 8 hours away in Western NY...so it sucks even more, she's getting to the point where she can't travel, as she has her own medical conditions to worry about. If you could, say a prayer for Sherri (the Mom), Jimmy (the Dad) and Melissa and Colin (the children) and especially for Jackson (grandchild) who had been robbed of an AWESOME grandmother. I know I've asked you for quite a few recently, but I really am grateful You know my thoughts on this. I couldn't agree more. Praying.

*sigh*

OK -- Now -- I don't know who all has been watching - but I'm SO in love with all of the STARS this month at PTI -- and the birthday tags, and Dawn's adorable file folder dies... *doin' a little happy dance* excited for tomorrow night.
They get me every month!

alright -- I've procrastinated long enough - I had an early LOOOONG meeting this morning - but now I must get on with the rest of my day.

*MWAH* see you later!
Time to scoot. I hope that you are all having a good day.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #91
Hardware Hotshot

hi girlies!

Tracey--prayers for your friend's family. cancer indeed sucks. ugh!

Sally--hope today was a little better.

It is in the 80's down here. I have the air conditioner on. good grief!

DD is having some scary headaches the last couple of weeks. I took her to the ENT to check her sinuses, and if they keep up we may be headed to the neurologist. HATE that!

somthing is wrong with my jaw--thought I had clenched it really tight last friday, on saturday I could barely chew without extreme pain. went to the dentist to check a tooth that had been giving me some twinges, but he didn't find anything. he gave me an rx for flexaril which knocks me under the table, LOL! I'm supposed to be on a liquid/soft diet until the pain goes away. so far I'm not doing too good with that!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening!

Tracey, maybe Pam's idea of guilty pleasure will get you rested and refreshed. . Prayers said for your friend and her mom and family.

Sharon, I hope DD is okay he that your jaw heals soon. (((Hugs)))

I could go to bed right now. I need to clean up the kitchen first.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

I could go to bed now, too. I'm tired. These days are kicking my butt and I'm not doing much more than working and driving the kids places. Had soup supper and service at church tonight and now I'm done for.

I am caught up on all concerns and praises. OUCH on the burned hand for B! Hoping for good things for the Dr. visit for your DD, Sharon, and for your jaw. Also, praying for all those with cancer and those who love them.

We've started the training on our new computer system. I hope it is going to be as wonderful as they say. I get scared by how things are going with our new website, which we just put in and now are living with. They did (I guess) a ton of testing before going live, but we are still discovering major flaws that we have to "live with" becuase it costs a lot of money to fix things. C'mon, that's crazy. Our new computer system I fear will be much of the same "oh, well, I guess that will get fixed in the next upgrade...don't hold your breath". Sigh. The most difficult part is how majorly understaffed we are right now for the volume of work. Work...work...work...a true 4-letter word!
Sally, you and I should get together and grumble about work sometime.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening. I'm having a snack & going to bed.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening,

Sharon - I would send you to my chiropractor if I could. Chris had jaw issues for years and finally went to my chiropractor and was fixed in two adjustments and never had an issue again. Those are my favorite drugs!!

Tracey - We love New Girl. Took me some time to convince Chris to give it a chance.

Staci - Good luck with your new system.

I love PTI's start die too but I didn't think Dawn was crazy for attaching all the little centers to the stars! Super cute but man oh man!

It is windy and wet here in the Bay Area...my type of weather!! Of course it will probably follow me to Chicago for a conference next week.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning -

I am happy to report that we all had a FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP! YAAAAAAAYYYYY!

HOWEVER - subconsiously I must have known I needed the extra sleep, because I forgot to set the alarm, and I woke up at 7 and then woke up the rest of the family -- SO -- it was a crazy start, but I feel much more rested!

Staci - yep - I know the feeling -- hang in there! Hope the rollout goes smoothly.

Sam - yeah, it took us an episode or two before we really started to like it, but now we find it hysterical. Loved the one we watched the other day with the 'eco-system'. ha ha ha.

Laura - that wouldn't be such a bad idea...though I think I was SO tired, I couldn't muster the energy - HA!

Pam - I didn't mean to make you blush

Sharon - hope you AND DD are feeling better!! {{HUGS}}

I'm off to get breakfast...
Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Tracey, woohoo for sleep!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello and happy Thursday!! It's another warm day here in Milford, but there little rumblings of thunder going on.

I have a stack of bills on my desk that are waiting to be processed, so I gotta scoot. Sending happy thoughts your way.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #98
Glitter Guru

Morning.

Not all caught up, but close to it. It's been soooo hectic here lately.

Helped teach at a Trade Show last weekend, taught 2 classes and I also took 4. Kinda a mini CHA type thing. I was there all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. I got to meet Marianne in person. She is wonderful. We actually chatted alot during the company demos/make and takes on Saturday evening and then alot again on Sunday. She showed me all sorts of need little thinkgs to do with the copics and some new ways to color skin/hair.

This weekend I'm helping Jackie with their vendor both at teh SDV event in Gettysburg. Gonna be another long weekend. I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow since it starts on Friday and runs thru Saturday. I'll be driving down to Gettysburg every day during the weekend.

Then Monday is the day of my heart cath. DH was not happy that I put it off for three weeks, but as you can see, I had many obligations to fulfill first!! LOL!!!

OK, gotta get busy since I'm off on vacation tomorrow, then out sick all next week. I'm not allowed to work/drive for 4 days or longer depending on what he does on Monday. Please wich me luck and keep me in your prayers that it's just a small blockage that can be cleared out and not need another stent or worse!!!

Also, thanks for the prayers of Jackie and Tracy. I talked to him briefly this morning, and they are doing as well as can be expected. I am going to take Jackies 2 kids out for Pizza tonight to get them out and give them a break from the hospital awhile. I just feel so horrible for them and honestly do not know what to do to help them other then be there if they need me.

OK, back to the grind. Chat at ya all later!!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #99
Glitter Guru

Location: Where I can drink coffee from my Keurig and read from my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarton View Post

Then Monday is the day of my heart cath. DH was not happy that I put it off for three weeks, but as you can see, I had many obligations to fulfill first!! LOL!!!

OK, gotta get busy since I'm off on vacation tomorrow, then out sick all next week. I'm not allowed to work/drive for 4 days or longer depending on what he does on Monday. Please wich me luck and keep me in your prayers that it's just a small blockage that can be cleared out and not need another stent or worse!!!
Good luck, Barb! Hope it goes well! ♥

I'm not that interesting. Really.

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going."
Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Me too!! ♥♥♥
Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #101
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to kamakaz1gb

Quote:
Me, three! ♥

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #102
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to crafty_karyn

Praying, Barb. I was wondering when things were.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Barb, I hope it a really easy fix and recovery. (((Hugs)))
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #104
Pearl-ExPert

Me four Barb! <3

(((Hugs)))

What a gorgeous day today is!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #105
Hardware Hotshot

(((hugs))) Barb!

Tracey--hooray for a good night's sleep!

Staci--ugh, I'm sorry things are still so stressful at work.

(((hugs))) Sally!

Samantha--I wish I could go to your chiropractor! I'm sure I'm out of alignment--my bite feels so wierd since this pain has started. ugh. stooopid jaw!

we are relaxing at home right now. the girls are with their mentor for the evening--DD said her head wasn't too bad today. I'm glad tomorrow is friday!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Thinking of you Barb. And pizza!

Sharon - Anyone at work that sees a chiropractor? I hate to hear you are in pain.

Yeah for sleep! I'm slowly adjusting to the time change.

Waiting for my dinner to appear...Chris is picking it up from the Mexican place. I wasn't in the mood to cook tonight. Everyone have their St Patty's meal bought? I need to make some Irish Soda Bread. Might do that tomorrow. I usually do a few loaves and deliver it to the neighbors so I don't waste the buttermilk and marmalade.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! Happy Friday!

I have a hair appt later. I should clean the house and work out right quick before hand.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning~

Sam - I made our corned beef and cabbage last weekend - I usually put it in the crockpot on the day of our parade here, so when I get home and am tired, I just have to take it out - boil the potatoes and eat! lol

ugh Sharon - do you know of a repuatble chiropractor in your area? Even if he/she can get your jaw back in alignment, the out of pocket might be worth it (if your insurance doesn't cover it, that is) I'm aching just thinking about it. Feel better!!

Laura - hope you enjoy your hair appointment, I always love new hair day.
How are the boys and THE Major?? I feel so disconnected not being on FB! ha ha

Ohhhh PTI. I had to pull in the reigns... but I got a few things I needed for S's Communion. I'm going to do candy bars to give everyone, and I'm going to wrap them in the Aqua mist patterned papers...plus I picked up a few other things from this release that I absolutely loved. How nice it would be to be independently wealthy and not have to make a choice, lol. I guess I'd better pick up a Mega Millions ticket for a shot at it. ha ha ha. I had no issues ordering, I hope that was the norm last night.

Wishing you all a great day!!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #109
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Friday! Hope every one enjoys their day.
(hugs) to all and happy Shamrocks.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

WOOHOO!! Happy Friday.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

Hello, Happy Friday gals! Hope it was a good day for all.

I left work "on time", which was early (3:30 p.m.) and went to the mall for a contact check with my eye Dr. Got my glasses adjusted so that hopefully they don't kill my nose anymore. Then came home & went on a bike ride with DH. It was about 73 here and not windy, so that was really nice. Sat outside & read my Kindle a bit. It's the first time I have enjoyed the nice weather that we've been having.

Scary to hear of all of the tornados that keep popping up. I saw Dexter, MI on the news while I was eating lunch today. Looks like no one got hurt, though.

Gearing up to watch the Spartan game in about an hour. Go Sparty! I did a men's basketball bracket pick for work. Of course, I had to pick MSU to go all the way, so I hope they make a good showing!

What's everyone doing this evening?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The girls are going to spend the day with Dee in a little while. I'll come home and piddle around while they are gone. I stopped on the way home from work yesterday and got batteries for the smoke detectors, so I'll get those changed. I have some laundry to put away and need to do some dusting. Then I might spend some time in the craft room. An exciting day! I hope that all of you have a great day!

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 03-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #113
Hardware Hotshot

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! Sadly, there will be no corned beef and cabbage dinner here since I would be the only one to eat it! Ya'll have an extra helping for me, 'k? I AM planning to go get some thin mint frozen yogurt later on today, tho!

ok, so yesterday at work I had our massage therapist work on my jaw. holy cow, I was getting a little teary eyed during it--I could FEEL the huge lump in the muscle as she was working on it--but it has made a huge difference. I can actually get my teeth together now, and the pain is so much better (except for the bruised feeling, haha). she is going to check it again on monday. whew. I hope it continues to get better!

Looks like rain again today. I really need to clean my pigsty of a car, and our grass needs to be cut. Rain, rain, stay away! Tomorrow is a big celebration at church--it's our Pastor's 25th anniversary--so it needs to not rain tomorrow, too!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #114
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning everyone!

I had posted yesterday, but it looks like it's gone?! Anyway, have a great weekend

Old 03-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon - Glad you are feeling a little better.

Corned beef and potatoes are in the crockpot. Second loaf of Soda Bread in the over. Chris likes his without raisins and caraway seeds...Mine gets everything!

Got a pedicure this morning, drug Chris to the grocery store with me, and now he is off getting new tires on the truck - ouch!

Watching Diners and now I want to make stromboli. Looks so yummy!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon!

Samantha, I heard your checkbook.cry a little over the tires. Your Irish fare sounds delish.

I have totally spaced out. Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Laura - I think the bill was $1500! The joy of 20 inch tires but I'm so glad I finally got him to do it as the sliding in the rain was no longer fun.

Lazy day around here. Still in my PJ's and I really need to start the laundry so I can pack clean clothes for my trip.

I started a blog...check it out...it isn't public...

Stobbe's Amazing Adventures
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #118
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to crafty_karyn

Quote:
Thanks Laura - I think the bill was $1500! The joy of 20 inch tires but I'm so glad I finally got him to do it as the sliding in the rain was no longer fun.

Lazy day around here. Still in my PJ's and I really need to start the laundry so I can pack clean clothes for my trip.

Did I miss an announcement?????????
Old 03-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #119
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to kamakaz1gb

Quote:

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you!! How did you keep this quiet from us? Or did I just miss it?????

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #120
Stazon Splitcoast

I kept it very quiet. Most of my coworkers don't know either. I had two miscarriages last year so I have been keeping it secret to protect myself in case something happened.

Thank you for the well wishes. Chris and I are super excited, he is over the top protective most days.