Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #401
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwwolfe View Post
Sorry to hear that Doug will have to start dialysis. It is exhausting - but the motto in our house is that although it's inconvenient, it sure beats the alternative. Sending much love your way and thinking of Doug and Joyce as they start this.
It's a great motto

Good Morning -

Yes, feeling a bit better today, thanks Teresa. Just had this overall feeling of ick yesterday - stayed home, and just was a lump on a log. I did do a few loads of laundry -- did I tell you guys we got a front loader? Our machine finally bit it a few weeks ago, and we got a new machine. It's so nice to be able to do 2 loads within an hour or so of each other, lol. I'm taking it easy though - want to make sure I don't press my luck with the well!

Pam - keeping Doug (and all of you!) in my thoughts -- it downright stinks, but I'm glad that there is something that can be done.

mmmmm....what else? I dunno. I'm a little blank today, maybe I need more coffee? yes, that must be it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #402
Hardware Hotshot

hi all!

holy crap, I'm watching the news and the video of the girl who got swallowed by a sink hole in a side walk just aired. FREAKY! I'm glad she is ok!

It was a nice day here. DD and I went to see the movie Chimpanzee--it was really good. I was in awe of the photography! Wow, there is so much of the world that is incredibly amazing that we may never see--but it was nice to be able to see this part!

Pam--{{{hugs}}} to you and Doug and his family. It's a big deal, but it can make such a difference--and I love Paulette's take on it!

Tracey--sorry you had a "blah" day yesterday. Hoping you are more energetic tonight!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #403
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening,

Tracey - Hope you are feeling better. Congrats on the front loader. I was so happy to watch our water bill go down when we got ours many years ago.

Pam - Hoping the best for Doug.

Busy trying to get work done this week and get the house ready for the sitter. There are not enough hours in the day especially since I get tired much earlier than I usually do. I can't power thru as easily.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #404
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Tracey, woohoo for a new machine! (((Hugs))) I hope the rest of the week flies by and you are feeling well.

Paulette, I love your outlook. Prayers for your mom and family.

Jenn, how was shopping?

Samantha, (((hugs))). When do you leave?

Shoot. I know I had more. I'll BBL. My brain is foggy.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #405
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning!

Thinking of Doug today- big hugs Pam!

Glad you are feeling better Tracey!

Shopping was lots of fun- we drove three hours, shopped for about 4 and went home. We were out of money at that point. With 4 kids all needing new clothes, it went fast! My boys actually like shopping so its all good. It was a very nice day!

I'm trying to get so much done this week- I am at a scrapbooking retreat this weekend- I'm not looking forward to it- too much to do at home and I'm teaching out of town all next weekend.

Rocky has been so good! The only issue we are working on is biting things/clothes. He hasn't had any accidents since the first day- even in his crate at night. He sleeps 6-8 hours and is a good puppy!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #406
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonw05 View Post
hi all!

holy crap, I'm watching the news and the video of the girl who got swallowed by a sink hole in a side walk just aired. FREAKY! I'm glad she is ok!

It was a nice day here. DD and I went to see the movie Chimpanzee--it was really good. I was in awe of the photography! Wow, there is so much of the world that is incredibly amazing that we may never see--but it was nice to be able to see this part!

Pam--{{{hugs}}} to you and Doug and his family. It's a big deal, but it can make such a difference--and I love Paulette's take on it!

Tracey--sorry you had a "blah" day yesterday. Hoping you are more energetic tonight!
I want to take the girls to see Chimpanzee -- it looks great! And S LOVES Chimps and Monkeys...I have to see if I can fit it in the schedule We've got so much going on right now with S and PT, and school, and Communion, and parties, aaaaccckkk! lol But it's all GOOD things -- so while I'm a little panicky, I'm not complaining.

I fell asleep at 8:30 last night -- today I'm feeling much better...

Sam - I hope you enjoy your vacation - and get all of the to do's done, without completely exhausting yourself! {{HUGS}}

Hi Laura!
Hi Jenn!
Hello ALL!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #407
Gabfest Goddess

What a day! I so wish I understood technology better! I have been trying to get all my videos and powerpoint etc onto my ipad. Well my brother told me to use this program to rip the dvds (I didn't even know what that meant!) sooo, I did all 21 dvds, took me the better half of three days- to find out that I needed to do something before that step and so I have to redo it all! So after I cried I started all over. sigh!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #408
Stazon Splitcoast

I leave on Saturday. Gave the dog a bath tonight, washing his beds, ran a few errands, and now I'm resting with a big glass of water. I need to clean up the dog hair mess I left in the shower...or I can leave it for Chris!

Jenn - I find the iPad to be a frusturating experience most of the time. I would have cried to! So happy to hear Rocky is doing well.

Tracey - You must feel like a new woman after going to bed at a decent hour!

Laura - Hope the boys are doing well. Are you packing yet?

I better get moving again. We were trying to clean a few things each night so we aren't running around like crazy on Friday night. Need to figure out dinner as well. I have some chicken tenders out...now to decide what to do with them.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #409
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! Working from home this morning - heading out to the funeral in a little while. We went to the wake last night - and my GF looks amazing. She's got 2 weeks to go, I told her little guy (in utero) he'd better stay put until they get home

Wishing everyone a great day. Xoxox
Old 04-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #410
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to kamakaz1gb

Hugs Tracey.

Morning All. Been a pretty busy week - and not going to slow down in the near future from what I can tell. Work is very busy - and most of my day is spent in meetings right now so I don't have alot of time to do the actions that come out of the meetings. Soccer season is in full swing so we've added 3 practices and 2 games to our schedule. Dance is getting close to the recital so we have pictures and costumes and what not going on there. Then we have all the end of year concerts coming up. All good stuff, just not much time to clean the house which needs it or to chill.

Sam - I'd love to get back to Hawaii with DH some day. We keep talking about it - maybe in another 4 years when we hit the 20 year mark we will make it back.

Jenn - glad Rocky is doing well and that shopping was fun. Sorry about the iPad woes.

Sharon - I haven't watched the news in a long time. Its sad, I know - but I'm too tired to stay up til 11 to watch it and I don't turn it on when the kids are around.

How is everyone else doing? Hope all is going well. SU! just announced their retiring accessories list - still need to go through it all - but looks like they are reducing the number of colors of 12x12 card stock they'll carry in individual color packs and that they have come up with a better ink pad. Excited about the ink pad change - no more warping in the center.

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #411
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning!

Have a great Thursday!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #412
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Friday!

Today I go to the scrapbooking weekend. I packed a little bit of scrapbooking stuff and a whole pile of work stuff. I am going to get this ipad and new curriculum down if it kills me!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I will have wifi and since I'm bringing all my technology I will check in!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #413
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha! It was a long day yesterday so we are taking it easy this morning. I'm not feeling great but just need some food and rest and I'll recover. Sun is shining on our lanai. I need to make breakfast number 2.

Jenn - good luck with technology. I only brought my iPad and I miss my laptop. I'm a comfort creature.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #414
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you & Chris get lots of R&R Have a great time!!!

Jenn - hope you got lots accomplished this weekend...sorry for all of the frustration with the iPad -- well, I guess with converting the videos FOR the iPad. blech.

Sharon - how's Shorty? Hope she's doing better...

It was a super busy weekend, but lots of fun. However, I'm TOTALLY DREADING going to work tomorrow. I'm on this complete and total DISLIKE at work right now...not sure what it is, but maybe I'm just burnt out. Unfortunately for me...vacation isn't until mid-summer...still a WAYS to go!

Well, I hope everyone has a great week ahead...{{HUGS}} all around!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #415
Gabfest Goddess

I hope Chris and Samantha are having a great time!

I didn't do any scrapbooking this weekend, but did get sooo much work done, not done, but I worked from 8am to midnight yesterday so did accomplish a lot. I have an appointment at the apple store tomorrow morning for some more help.

I have been kind of an emotional wreck since my friends daughter with type 1 had seizures this past Wednesday- waaay too close to home and scared me a lot. She was at a JDRF fundraiser this past weekend and her speech moved me to tears. I shared it on facebook, but I'll share it here too....
One day can change your life. That’s how long it took for our world to turn upside down. Just a day to go from potty training a two year old to learning how to keep her alive.
June 7, 2006. That’s when we entered this world of highs and lows. The world of counting, measuring, watching and worrying. That’s the day that Abby was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
We were like many of you. There was no diabetes in our family. We didn’t know what caused it, what we would have to do to care for her or how it would instantly change all of our lives.
Those fist days were filled with shock, fear, anger and uncertainty. We spent two days with the doctors, nurses and dieticians at the diabetes education clinic learning about type 1, how her body was functioning and how to give shots. We felt completely overwhelmed but prepared for the journey ahead of us.
Looking back we realize just how little we knew. Looking back we see that there was nothing that could be read or taught that would fully prepare us for life with type 1 diabetes. This life must be lived. It truly is a learning process and one that you will never master.
We learned that Type 1 Diabetes can take over your life. There will never be a time when you don’t have to think about it, don’t worry about it. That the joys of childhood that most of us take for granted are a diabetic child’s dreams. They miss out on being carefree, that class parties and sleepovers at a friend’s house are a major event requiring planning and work, that they will never run and play without stopping to test or drink juice to keep them stable….. but most importantly that they will never know a life without pain and fear.
No one can prepare you for the feeling of helplessness. For the weight of holding your child’s health and their life in your hands. We didn’t realize that we would never again have a peaceful night’s sleep or one that didn’t require waking to do a middle of the night blood sugar test. We weren’t prepared to answer the questions that Abby would ask like “is it called diabetes because I’m going to die?”
We couldn’t have realized at the time that our lives would never be the same. We have periods of normal now but life with diabetes will always be hard. It will never play fair. It will wait until you relax a little until you feel confident and secure in what you are doing and then it will show you just how serious and life threatening it is. Type 1 diabetes will show you who’s boss. That’s what happened to us this week.
Wednesday morning started like any other day. I woke Abby up with kisses and hugs and we said our usual “missed you while you slept” and “you’re my best little friend” comments as we always do. We started our routine of bathroom, washing hands and testing her blood sugar. Abby started to seem a little tired and out of it so I stepped in to help her wash her hands and noticed something different than a shaky hand from a low blood sugar. I scooped her up and ran into the kitchen grabbing the meter and kicking open the fridge for a juice box. As I tried to put the straw into her mouth I saw what was happening and instinctively dropped to the floor cradling her head in my lap….she was having a full bodied seizure. I was too far from the phone, so crying and screaming I woke our daughter Jenna who came down to see a scene that no child should have to witness. She called 911 and grabbed the emergency glucagon needle needed to try to instantly bring her blood sugar up. Abby had 3 minutes of seizing and foaming at the mouth while I kept her on her side so she didn’t choke. Our kitchen was soon filled with 4 EMT’s giving oxygen, and putting in an IV when the second seizure hit. I felt ill watching as she laid there ashen, her eyes dilated and looking to the side. I felt powerless as I threw every diabetic supply we had into a bag and got into the ambulance with her for our ride to Children’s hospital. The day is a blur of watching doctors and nurses poking and prodding, watching her little body shake and get sick from the effects of the seizures and the agonizing nine hour wait for her to be conscious and alert, unsure if the seizures had done any permanent damage to her body.
As you can see we were lucky this time. Abby showed us again just how strong and brave a little girl can be. She has no memory of those nine hours on Wednesday. We have told her what happened and about the EEG’s and tests that are going to be done next week. Her little body has gone through a lot and is continuing to heal and we are left holding our breath wondering if this will happen again.. tomorrow or next week or in five more years.
One more day that has changed our lives. That day has left us scared. Jenna and I can’t close our eyes without seeing that morning. But as much as we hoped that this would never happen we are grateful that it didn’t happen an hour earlier as we all lay sleeping. Because every type 1 parent’s worst fear is their child becoming the 1 in 20 that have a low blood sugar in their sleep and lapse into a coma or die lying in bed all alone.
We almost didn’t come here tonight. We are all tired and a little broken but we had to remember what we are fighting for. A cure. All the research says it will happen in Abby’s lifetime. We believe them. In a few minutes something truly magical is going to happen. They are going to start Fund a Cure and when you raise your paddle every dollar that you donate every cent that you graciously give to JDRF is going to research for a cure to end Type 1 Diabetes.
One day can change a life…..please help us make today the day that changes their lives.
Thank you.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #416
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn -- <3<3<3 What a powerful speech. Terrifying, gut-wrenching, amazing, powerful speech. I have no words, only love to send on to you {{{HUGS}}}

I'm glad you got a lot done this weekend - that's fabulous!

Happy Monday all...
Old 04-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #417
Gabfest Goddess

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM! I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY! LOTS OF LOVE<3

Old 04-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #418
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the hugs Tracey, it sure hit me hard. Love you

Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #419
Glitter Guru

Location: Where I can drink coffee from my Keurig and read from my Kindle

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAM!!

Enjoy your day!! ♥

I'm not that interesting. Really.

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going."
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #420
Hardware Hotshot

It's Pam's birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

{{{hugs}}} Jenn. I was teary eyed reading your friend's speech. It was so powerful! "Is is called Diabetes because I am going to die?" wow--

It was a rough weekend. DD was in a car accident yesterday--she turned left in front of someone--oops. Both cars looked pretty bad. No one had to go to the hospital, thankfully. She is bruised from her side airbag going off. Shorty was in the car too--now she'll never get her license-- DD says she is never driving again... Lovely.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #421
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Pam!

Good Morning, all!

Sharon (((Hugs)))

Jenn, your friend's speech was amazing. So real. So touching. TFS. I hope you got the iPad stuff figured out.

Samantha, have a good time. I hope it is relaxing.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #422
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by a woman with many hats! View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM! I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY! LOTS OF LOVE<3
AW, CRAPOLA! I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!! Hope you have a FANTASTIC Day!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #423
Stazon Splitcoast

EEK Sharon! Well, I'm glad that no one was hurt seriously!

I was in 2 car accidents within a year of each other (I wasn't driving either time) and I can honestly say -- it didn't make a good case for me to go out and get my license. I'm sure DD will come around -- she's probably seriously shook up, that's all. Sometimes that wake up call is enough to get them to pay more attention, etc. THANKFULLY, no serious injuries were sustained...some aren't so lucky.

There was a TERRIBLE accident down in the Bronx yesterday - took 7 members (3 generations) of a family...ranging in age from 85 to 3 years old Those are the moments when you say an extra little prayer, and squeeze your kids a little tighter. In a moment...

Jenn - no doubt that hits home harder than you want to think about. It's kind of like the accident I just mentioned -- Day to day, you do what you do, go with the flow, and when something catastrophic happens...you can't help but put yourself in those shoes, and have the bejeezus scared out of you. I love you too...
Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #424
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning.
Happy Monday
Happy Birthday PAMELA. PAMMY. PAM-PAM. MRS. PAM. PAM!

Jenn - you're friends speech was incredible. no words can describe. (Hugs)

Sharon - ((hugs)) to you & DD. Hope she's feeling OK today. She'll probably be sore for quite a few days. Poor thing. How scary.

I think we all need a group hug. ((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #425
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to kamakaz1gb

Hi everyone.

Happy birthday Pam!! Have a wonderful day!

Jenn - that was a very touching speech. I can understand your feelings.

Sharon - how scary for DD. Glad no one was seriously hurt. Hugs to you both.

Tracey - I saw that story this morning. How sad.

Sam- have fun in HI - even if you do nothing but relax!

Paulette - how did Alie do hunting the other day?

Hope you all have a great day!

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #426
Stazon Splitcoast

♪♫♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫♪
♪♫♪ Happy Birthday dear Paaammmm! ♪♫♪
Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #427
Hardware Hotshot

thanks for the group hug, Sally!

Tracey--I read about that accident in the Bronx. Horrible!

Samantha--hope you are well rested today and enjoying Hawaii!

I am pooped. Didn't sleep well last night, and have been on the phone most of the day! I have a stack of books from the library and I think I may take a bath and crawl in bed with one for awhile! The dang dogs better sleep thru the night tonight--I was up several times last night with them. Just like having a baby!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #428
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope Pam had a wonderful birthday!

Jenn - what an inspiration and sad speech.

Sharon - yikes on the accident. Glad everyone is okay.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #429
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning!

I hope you had a nice day Pam!

Sharron, I'm so glad no one was hurt!

How are you Samantha?

Big Tuesday hugs!

Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #430
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning --

Woke up came to work, and heard some awful news in our little town. A house burned down overnight - and 4 out of 5 family members didn't make it out of the house The mother, father and two teenage daughters are presumed dead, the 20 year old son made it out of the house. HOW AWFUL. My heart breaks for the family, the son, the firemen...what a tragic and terrible loss.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #431
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracey, what a horrific tragedy. So sad.

Jenn, how was your weekend away? Did you conquer the iPad?

Pam, I hope you had a great day!

Sharon (((hugs))) I hope you got some rest and the rest of the week is better.

I need to go party in the produce aisle. I may get my groove on near some granola as well. Hot dang! Have a good day!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #432
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning. It's day-before-hump-day-nothing-on-my-agenda-tonight-let's-celebrate-day.

Such horrific accidents lately. We had a bad one in Milwaukee-area yesterday. A mother was killed in an accident and her 22-year old son was rushing to the hosipital and he was in an accident and killed. The driver of the car he was in was OWI. Two tragedies in the same family on the same day. Horrific. And both were senseless. Makes you count your blessings!

How's Hawaii Samantha? Are you relaxing? Ahhh...

I can't believe it is May! May! May! Where the heck did the first 4 months of the year go?

Laura - I hope you are getting your groove on with the apples & bananas (or opples & bononos... tee hee).

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #433
Stazon Splitcoast

OMW Sally - that is terrible!

Laura -- WHOOOOOOOOO ... try not to get TOO out of control, I don't want you showing up on "Mom's Gone Wild" lol...

I made a great chicken dish for dinner last night -- not completely diet friendly, but I used reduced fat soups/milk, and it was tasty!!

2 c cubed cooked chicken
1 bag frozen broccoli
2 c shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, whatever!)
2 cans (I used cream of chicken, don't care for mushroom) condensed soup
1 can evaporated milk
french's fried onions

mix the soups and milk - stir in the broccoli and 1-1/2 c cheese, and the cooked chicken (9x13 baking dish - I buttered mine first) put in oven at 350 for about 40 minutes...

then I took it out, sprinkled on the rest of the cheese, the onions, and put it back in for another 10-12 minutes. YUM! I served with some rice. The kids liked it, and it was a nice change of pace, I feel like I've been making the SAME stuff over and over again.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #434
Pearl-ExPert

That recipe sounds good! I made chicken enchiladas last night. They were really good too. It's a microwave recipe. Even DS ate them. We cut them up really good and eat them with tortilla chips -- kinda like chicken nachos. Ha.

Recipe
In glass bowl, put 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup green peppers - cover with Saran Wrap and cook for 1 minute. To the bowl, add cubed chicken (already cooked), 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup chopped black olives. Mix and cover back with Saran Wrap. Let sit. Take 8 corn tortilla shells. Layer 2 on paper towel, cover, layer 2 more, cover - etc until all 8 are stacked. Place in Microwave and warm for 1 minute. This softens them and makes them easier to roll. In a glass (or micro-wave save pan), take the filling and fill 1/3 full into the tortilla, roll, and place seam-side down in the pan. Repeat with all 8 tortillas. Pour one more can of enchilada sauce over the top. Cover pan with wax paper. Put in microwave for 9 minutes on medium-high. Take out, put 1 cup of shredded cheese on top. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Let sit for 3 minutes. Serve.

Yum.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #435
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by piepie1969 View Post
That recipe sounds good! I made chicken enchiladas last night. They were really good too. It's a microwave recipe. Even DS ate them. We cut them up really good and eat them with tortilla chips -- kinda like chicken nachos. Ha.

Recipe
In glass bowl, put 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup green peppers - cover with Saran Wrap and cook for 1 minute. To the bowl, add cubed chicken (already cooked), 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup chopped black olives. Mix and cover back with Saran Wrap. Let sit. Take 8 corn tortilla shells. Layer 2 on paper towel, cover, layer 2 more, cover - etc until all 8 are stacked. Place in Microwave and warm for 1 minute. This softens them and makes them easier to roll. In a glass (or micro-wave save pan), take the filling and fill 1/3 full into the tortilla, roll, and place seam-side down in the pan. Repeat with all 8 tortillas. Pour one more can of enchilada sauce over the top. Cover pan with wax paper. Put in microwave for 9 minutes on medium-high. Take out, put 1 cup of shredded cheese on top. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Let sit for 3 minutes. Serve.

Yum.
I'm drooling now... some black beans...some sour cream...and I'm in heaven! lol
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #436
Gabfest Goddess

How sad for both those families Tracey and Sally! I'm so thankful for my blessings, even when I'm stressed out!

I did get some of what I wanted to get done, done. I ended up going to the Apple store yesterday and getting a new MacBook Pro. My computer was just getting too old to support some of the things I needed it to do. I have a 1-1 appointment today to help me get more done for this weekend. I'm a lot less stressed, but still have a lot to do.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #437
Stazon Splitcoast

We spent a few hours this morning by the pool but the showers sent us packing for cover. Went to a Farmers Market and got some shave ice as well as a pie.

Jenn - I got Chris a pro for his birthday and he loves it.

Laura - we partied at the store but for vodka. Chris laughed at me carrying the bottle out.

Debating a nap before cooking dinner. I have the task of relaxing down to a science.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #438
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to crafty_karyn

Hello. I made a mistake and ordered 400 clear envelopes. Would anyone be interested in these? I am not able to return them and I won't use them. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I paid $32 (including shipping).
Old 05-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #439
Hardware Hotshot

both those recipes sound good!

just hanging out at home, watching "Lady and the Tramp" and perusing the used car selections around us. Ugh. I hate car shopping! DD is requesting a blue car, LOL. So far the only blue choices are vans! That's not going to happen!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #440
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon - that is so funny...just blue, huh? LOL. Good luck on the hunt - it stinks!

Yay for the new computer Jenn!

Hope the weather is better in HI today