Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   YCDI Summer Chat (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/ycdi-summer-chat-t574741.html)

muscrat 06-21-2013 02:37 PM

YCDI Summer Chat

Hi Ladies!

I started this thread so the YCDI challenge participants would have a place to hang out over the summer and chat until the new challenge begins in the fall. So if you have participated in the YCDI challenge AND even if you haven't, feel free to come here to chat over the summer. We can share ideas, post pictures of things we are doing, etc! Have fun and hope to see you here!!

FMcrafter 06-21-2013 02:43 PM

Hi Kathy...fancy meeting you here!

FMcrafter 06-21-2013 02:44 PM

Ok...is it just me or do you just hate the SU catty? I can't find anything....I usually go through it with my friend and figure out what we are going to give each other for our birthday...but ...what...no Holidays???

laurenscraft 06-21-2013 02:46 PM

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee found you!!

muscrat 06-21-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 20213633)
Ok...is it just me or do you just hate the SU catty? I can't find anything....I usually go through it with my friend and figure out what we are going to give each other for our birthday...but ...what...no Holidays???

The catty is much better than last years, but if you hate the catty, wait till you see the mini. It has holidays in it, but I hate it! The first 18 pages are more layout than product. If you want to order, you might as well start on page 18!!

muscrat 06-21-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenscraft (Post 20213635)
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee found you!!

Yay, Lauren is here!!! Hey Lauren, my niece leaves Sunday for Australia! I still don't know where she is going over there, but her mom is taking her to the airport on Sunday morning.

laurenscraft 06-21-2013 03:02 PM

Yep the airport is a great place to start any journey. I hope she had a great time, how long is she here for?

muscrat 06-21-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenscraft (Post 20213651)
Yep the airport is a great place to start any journey. I hope she had a great time, how long is she here for?

I'm sure she will have a wonderful time. I think she will be there at least a month. I need to talk to her later tonight and see where she is going. I'll let you know.

FMcrafter 06-21-2013 03:07 PM

Maybe she can bring you back a kangaroo

muscrat 06-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 20213659)
Maybe she can bring you back a kangaroo

I'd rather have a koala!!!

FMcrafter 06-21-2013 03:56 PM

Are you being contrary miss mary!?! LOLOLOLO

muscrat 06-21-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 20213720)
Are you being contrary miss mary!?! LOLOLOLO

Yup! No, really a friend just got back from Australia and she brought me a little koala trinket....he was holding their flag. Koalas don't kick! LOL At least I don't think they do.

FMcrafter 06-21-2013 04:01 PM

Oh Kathy and Lauren...I seriously need you two to come over and get this room finished!

Vickie Y 06-21-2013 06:49 PM

I see Lynn, I see Kathy, and I see Lauren! Hello, Hello, Hello! :)

muscrat 06-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickie Y (Post 20213938)
I see Lynn, I see Kathy, and I see Lauren! Hello, Hello, Hello! :)

Hi Vickie! glad you found us!!

Stamperamma 06-22-2013 01:22 AM

I was wondering why it was so quiet on the other forum.

Dea

muscrat 06-22-2013 04:07 AM

Hi Dea, glad you found us. You were up earlier than I was. I just crawled out of bed about ten minutes ago.

Stamperamma 06-22-2013 05:04 AM

I have not been sleeping a lot lately, but I am not tired so it just gives me that much more me time. This morning I am working on the forest swap. I finished my card candy, my card kits my cards and now I am working on my recipe cards. Chocolate ice cream made without an ice cream maker. Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm good.

Dea

muscrat 06-22-2013 05:15 AM

My DH washed my car before I was even out of bed so I just finished cleaning the inside and washing inside windows of it. It was dirty. Now I am relaxing with a cup of coffee, although it's getting hot outside, I probably should have had a glass of ice water.

I am logging off. Too much to get done today and I won't get it done if I let the computer on. I would be in here chatting all day with my friends!

muscrat 06-22-2013 05:16 AM

The nice thing is, I can check in from my phone on and off throughout the day!

Stamperamma 06-22-2013 05:19 AM

Have a great day.

Dea

FMcrafter 06-22-2013 06:21 AM

we have drizzle...hmmmm I wonder how it will affect me...looks like the next few days are all the same

muscrat 06-22-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 20214231)
we have drizzle...hmmmm I wonder how it will affect me...looks like the next few days are all the same

We have heat...

smadson 06-22-2013 07:39 AM

Found you! Hi everyone. The thing is I won't be on much as I am over at my 88 year old Mom's a lot now. She was diagnosed with ALS last week. She can't swallow, and is basically starving. Can't speak either. Pray she will make it to Monday as she has consented to get a peg tube for feeding. Hard nite last nite.. But I feel better if I am with her, because if I was home I would just be thinking about how she is doing. She won't let me take her to hospital.
Miss you guys.

muscrat 06-22-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20214325)
Found you! Hi everyone. The thing is I won't be on much as I am over at my 88 year old Mom's a lot now. She was diagnosed with ALS last week. She can't swallow, and is basically starving. Can't speak either. Pray she will make it to Monday as she has consented to get a peg tube for feeding. Hard nite last nite.. But I feel better if I am with her, because if I was home I would just be thinking about how she is doing. She won't let me take her to hospital.
Miss you guys.

Sharon I will keep you both in my prayers. How sad for you but you are where you are needed.

FMcrafter 06-22-2013 12:31 PM

Oh Sharon...visit us for anything we are here to support you as best we can

FMcrafter 06-22-2013 02:57 PM

advice on the tiny attacher from Tim Holtz...to I get it? My Fastenator ...well I can't find refills for it?

muscrat 06-22-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 20214672)
advice on the tiny attacher from Tim Holtz...to I get it? My Fastenator ...well I can't find refills for it?

I have the TH tiny attacher. I bought at least three or four packs of refills.....(1500 staples in a pack) which should last a lifetime. I like the way it handles, and I like that the staples are....well.....tiny!

FMcrafter 06-22-2013 03:19 PM

would one staple hold a 4x6 picture?...check your email

muscrat 06-22-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 20214692)
would one staple hold a 4x6 picture?...check your email

It probably would, they are pretty strong buggers. I will go check email now.

FMcrafter 06-22-2013 03:24 PM

K...I like this...I have a ton of questions I need to remember to ask!

Sama 06-22-2013 06:42 PM

****** found you!!!!!******;O) (txs Lynn)
Not sure how much time I will have to chat but at least there's a place to hang out when I can ♥....will be away all month of July (minus two days....lol) and a few more days in August too...
**DEA....do U have an idea when you'll be in Vancouver??

muscrat 06-22-2013 07:20 PM

Welcome Paola! Glad you found us!

Stamperamma 06-23-2013 12:54 AM

Sorry Paola, I go when told, I know it won't be the first two weeks of July I am on vacation, I also need to go to nova scotia all before Sept.

Dea

smadson 06-23-2013 07:21 AM

Guess what the hospital has wireless so I can check in on my mini iPad! Thanks for prayers I brought Mom to ER yesterday! Because she can't swallow anything now. She is in ICU because her heart rate is so low, but they said she is stable. I think she just needs some nourishment, because it has been weeks since she really has had enough food!
Tomorrow they will see if they can do a peg tube. Thanks for just letting me talk about it. :)
Have forgotten what my craft room looks like. LOL!

Vickie Y 06-23-2013 08:03 AM

Sharon, you and your mom and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

muscrat 06-23-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20215290)
Guess what the hospital has wireless so I can check in on my mini iPad! Thanks for prayers I brought Mom to ER yesterday! Because she can't swallow anything now. She is in ICU because her heart rate is so low, but they said she is stable. I think she just needs some nourishment, because it has been weeks since she really has had enough food!
Tomorrow they will see if they can do a peg tube. Thanks for just letting me talk about it. :)
Have forgotten what my craft room looks like. LOL!

Thanks for the update Sharon. Continuing prayers...

FMcrafter 06-23-2013 04:25 PM

Organization! YUp...there is a good one. I made some pretty cards...I stored them somewhere safe.....where?????

FMcrafter 06-24-2013 12:59 PM

Is no one gonna help me find the cards!!!! Cat is loving this room cause it is the hottest and she just found a sunny spot!

muscrat 06-24-2013 01:12 PM

I rode along with my sister to take SIL to the airport this morning. We stopped at Panera Bread for something to eat and while there it was lightening and thundering and pouring down rain. When we left, it had stopped. Went to DD for a coffee and a donut and as we were going to the car, more downpour and lightening so we sat at the window bar and ate a donut and waited for a break in the rain. Then when we got home, my kitty was meowing and ran and hid in the hallway closet! He's still in there. It must've thundered pretty loud to scare him while I was gone. He will come out later, poor baby.