Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   Michigan Maniacal Minglers-Oh my Heaven, we're on 97! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/michigan-maniacal-minglers-oh-my-heaven-were-97-a-t574528.html)

Huntwoman 06-17-2013 12:32 AM

Michigan Maniacal Minglers-Oh my Heaven, we're on 97!

Feeling stabby? Don't be crabby. It's peaceful and quiet in Minglerville, where the sky is blue and the neighbors are true... friends.

Huntwoman 06-17-2013 12:48 AM

Or bless their hearts, the little farts. So far our new neighbors are very quiet. It was my brain keeping sleep away last night.

Glad the garage sales were successful. Ours starts Thursday ( for some strange reason, known only to BIL) but we've already made $25 on the neighbors walking by while we were sorting and pricing. I'm doing well. I only brought 2 things back in the house while pricing. BIL's whole house is full of sale items and the house is for sale as well! He has a lot of old, crappy stuff nobody in the family wants and a ton of stuff from his GF's house. She downsized, moved it with him, and had a house full of stuff. I may wander down to look when I get home Thursday but knowing her taste, doubt I'll find any new treasures. I do have quite a few empty shelves in the craft room now. Next task is to organize my fabric to make it more user friendly, then to use it!

Happy Monday to all.

FYI, Marge is having another surgery on the 25th if anyone wants to send some cheery cards. Hopefully this one will have her walking more comfortably. She's had a rough road of it lately with surgeries. I don't think she'll mind me sharing so we can keep her in our prayers.

My stamping friend from Hospice will be teaching a card class at a scrapbooking store on 23 mile at the end of July if anyone is interested. I'll post the details when I get them. She makes darling cards.

That's all the news fit to print. Time to pin a bit and get going. I work every day this week, yikes. I'm already looking forward to bed time. It's pizza Monday first!

Huntwoman 06-17-2013 12:49 AM

And one more. Asshats. Some neighbors just deserve it.

Cathy_S 06-17-2013 02:18 AM

Good morning!

Lisa, thanks for the new thread and the update on Marge.

Schnauzermom 06-17-2013 02:20 AM

Asshats, indeed.

Lisa, I used to work with a lady who was a DIE hard garage saler, and apparently Thursdays are really popular.....

Emma, BINS! It was armageddon here last night, too. Schnauzers and bacon, indeed. Have to pull the shih tzus out from under the bed, tho...they were NOT happy, and tried to sleep on my head.

Emma F 06-17-2013 02:54 AM

I am shocked that Lisa didn't want to use my new thread name!!!!!

Thanks for moving us, I'm sure your garage sales will be lucrative.

Another busy day today, more painting, then having Sue and Elaine over late afternoon, E has decided to get a 2nd opinion at U of M which is Th. She meets with the surgeon at lunch time so we want to hear all about it.

Good wishes to Marge, thanks Lisa.

Right, bins - I have a lot to drag out!

knarlynik 06-17-2013 03:00 AM

Good morning!

Thanks about the tops Emma, I like them because they will not show any rolls....... :D

knarlynik 06-17-2013 03:15 AM

Off to work. Everyone have a great day!

vz5dzh 06-17-2013 03:21 AM

Good morning!

Thanks for the new thread, Lisa. I was too lazy to do it yesterday. Ha! Hopefully, Debra and Laura don't have a panic attack.

Three day week for me!

I like those bathing suit tops, Nikki! I would be afraid I would loose it though with no straps. Ha!

Emma F 06-17-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knarlynik (Post 20207485)
Good morning!

Thanks about the tops Emma, I like them because they will not show any rolls....... :D

In which case, I need one to draw-tie around my neck and then balloon out and cynch-in nicely around my ankles!

Debra 06-17-2013 03:39 AM

Good morning! Thanks for the move over. I am good. Can't complain since I wasn't here, right? ha. We were gone the majority of the day yesterday. Church, then lunch with my folks. Then we took the girls to a friends horse farm. They were just so excited. Even Jaclyn got in on the action.

Debra 06-17-2013 03:40 AM

Emma, we are thankful for skype as well. The girls skyped E and W yesterday.

Debra 06-17-2013 03:42 AM

Oh and the fireworks thing. We didn't have that last night, but there is a neighbor somewhere behind us that does that at odd times. And always around midnight. They are the reason we run a fan in J's room and offer a fan to guests that stay over night.

juniperbarn 06-17-2013 04:08 AM

Good morning!

Lisa, thanks for the new thread! And good luck with your garage sale.

Emma, I was thinking about you all weekend. I'm glad you got rid of your stuff, sorry it was emotional.

Nikki, I love those bathing suit tops, you'll look adorable! I like the black & white one the best.

We normally have a lot of fireworks in our neighborhood but it hasn't started yet, thank goodness. No 4th of July fireworks for me this year. I have to work the next day, I believe. I go back to work July 1, awkward with my party, and the 4th being on a Thursday.

Emma F 06-17-2013 04:23 AM

Gosh, Joyce, that went quick!

Sarah stayed with Livvy lasst night so the house is quiet ... Roy hasn't stirred yet, letting him sleep as he's off to Philadelphia at lunch time. Only a 24 hr trip, but (apparently) it takes a lot of planning and a lot of stressing about!!!! LOL.

juniperbarn 06-17-2013 04:26 AM

Wow! Roy's traveling! Good luck to him, I hope he isn't stressing out too much. Oh, wait, what am I talking about, of course he's stressing.

juniperbarn 06-17-2013 04:26 AM

Emma, are you talking about how quick I'm back to work?

Debra 06-17-2013 04:27 AM

Wow! Roy is traveling. I hope and pray that everything goes well.

Debra 06-17-2013 04:27 AM

ha! Yes, what Joyce said.

Emma F 06-17-2013 04:34 AM

I'm talking about you going back to work, yes. It seems to have flown by.

And, yes, Roy is STRESSING! LOL. But he's asleep so I shall leave him there. We don't have to leave until 11.45 so we can take it easy.

He's put together some training 'modules' for a company who make viscosity modifiers in PA. He's presenting Module 1 in the morning, then flying home in the afternoon. I hope it goes well for him. He did the CTI presentation in May so he's not entirely out of practice ;) Did I show you those pics? They are on the CTI website. Horrible of him, but pretty cool to see him in action.

Emma F 06-17-2013 04:36 AM

Roy at CTI

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 276113

Attachment 276114

He looks bald!!! He really isn't, it must be the harsh lighting.

Emma F 06-17-2013 04:36 AM

I checked to see if anyone had fallen asleep in the audience! LOL.

Debra 06-17-2013 04:38 AM

He looks great, Em. How exciting. How cool to see his name. Very cool.

juniperbarn 06-17-2013 04:44 AM

I'm sure he'll do great once he gets there!

juniperbarn 06-17-2013 04:45 AM

And yes, I was thinking last week how fast my time off has gone!

Emma F 06-17-2013 05:11 AM

... and speaking of time going fast, it's after 9am so I really DO have to get some work done in the house before we go off to the airport.

I did manage to patch the paint work in the study yesterday, it badly needed it, so 1 hr later and about a quart of paint and the place looks freshly painted. It's not patchy at all. Amazing really.

OK, off I go. Have a lovely Monday everyone.

yvonnejp1999 06-17-2013 05:33 AM

Good Morning!

yvonnejp1999 06-17-2013 05:34 AM

I feel for Roy - traveling - ugh! lol

Good luck to him though! He will do well. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very cool!

yvonnejp1999 06-17-2013 05:35 AM

Very cute tops, Nikki!

We have some neighbors like that, also. It does not matter what day it is, they seem to party whenever and wherever.

Emma F 06-17-2013 05:36 AM

Hi yvonne. I'm back, I made a cuppa and thought I'd call mum & dad :)

yvonnejp1999 06-17-2013 05:40 AM

Hi Emma!!! SO nice to see you!

yvonnejp1999 06-17-2013 05:40 AM

There is tension here at work - big time. I hate it.

Had to go to breakfast yesterday with Gary's family and his sister that hates us was there. There was lots of tension and I just did not want to even be there. She had snarky comments all the time. UGH!

okiechic 06-17-2013 05:44 AM

Good Morning!

okiechic 06-17-2013 05:44 AM

Good luck to Roy, Emma! (((Hugs )))

Emma F 06-17-2013 05:46 AM

Hi laura, thanks!

Oh, Yvonne. I HATE that! Come to my house, I'm going to clean some windows ;)

Emma F 06-17-2013 05:47 AM

How is it over in CA this morning?

MichelleGoodrich 06-17-2013 06:05 AM

Good morning, Minglers!

Lisa H, love the subtitle/first post! Fantastic!

Busy, busy weekend. Though I cannot complain because I slept 11-1/2 hours Saturday night.

How is everyone?

Debra 06-17-2013 06:05 AM

Cleaning windows. That is another job I need to do.

MichelleGoodrich 06-17-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma F (Post 20207564)
I'm talking about you going back to work, yes. It seems to have flown by.

And, yes, Roy is STRESSING! LOL. But he's asleep so I shall leave him there. We don't have to leave until 11.45 so we can take it easy.

He's put together some training 'modules' for a company who make viscosity modifiers in PA. He's presenting Module 1 in the morning, then flying home in the afternoon. I hope it goes well for him. He did the CTI presentation in May so he's not entirely out of practice ;) Did I show you those pics? They are on the CTI website. Horrible of him, but pretty cool to see him in action.

Hoping everything goes well for Roy! And that all his travels are easy-peasy!

MichelleGoodrich 06-17-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperbarn (Post 20207576)
And yes, I was thinking last week how fast my time off has gone!

Wow! That DID go fast!