Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   LOSTie Palooza 2011 - What dates work for you? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/lostie-palooza-2011-what-dates-work-you-t502255.html)

irishjc820 08-11-2010 12:40 PM

LOSTie Palooza 2011 - What dates work for you?

Ok girls, we've figured out where we're going, now it's time to vote for when we should go!

Please select any and all of the weekends that would work for you. I'll leave the poll open for a week and then if we need to have a tie breaker or narrow down the choices, we'll do so at that point. (Or if everyone has voted sooner, we can do a tie breaker poll earlier than next Wednesday.)

Note that I did not include the weekend of June 16 - 19 because the 19th is Father's Day and I know that in the past, many of you have not been able to go then. So I figured I'd just take that off and leave room for an extra weekend to be listed.

irishjc820 08-11-2010 12:52 PM

Ok, I voted. I did NOT vote for July 14 - 17 because I'm afraid that might end up being the week of our staff retreat. However, if that date ends up working the best for most people, I will be there. They don't usually finalize the retreat date until the spring, so even though they won't like it, they can't make me miss a trip that was booked like 9 months prior.

Edie32 08-11-2010 01:01 PM

It's so hard to pick something so far out.
I know it won't be in June until school gets out plus Kate's b-day.

Does Kris have any NO dates or were they omitted?

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148640)
Ok, I voted. I did NOT vote for July 14 - 17 because I'm afraid that might end up being the week of our staff retreat. However, if that date ends up working the best for most people, I will be there. They don't usually finalize the retreat date until the spring, so even though they won't like it, they can't make me miss a trip that was booked like 9 months prior.

I usually can not go in June or early July...because of work, but Might be able to swin git if I need...I absolutley positively will Not go if it is Aug 11-14 because Connor's BDay is the 12th, so that left me with I think 4 weekends I can do

irishjc820 08-11-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edie32 (Post 17148677)
It's so hard to pick something so far out.
I know it won't be in June until school gets out plus Kate's b-day.

Does Kris have any NO dates or were they omitted?

That's the beauty of picking something so far out - for the most part, we likely don't have anything going on, so this will already be set when it comes time to plan family trips or anything like that!

It actually worked out because the only weekend Kris said was iffy for her was the weekend of the 18th because she's got a golf tournament, but that's Father's Day weekend anyway.

irishjc820 08-11-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelhope13 (Post 17148685)
I usually can not go in June or early July...because of work, but Might be able to swin git if I need...I absolutley positively will Not go if it is Aug 11-14 because Connor's BDay is the 12th, so that left me with I think 4 weekends I can do

I really can't do late June or early July either. I mean, I'll figure something out if I have to, but I didn't vote for any of them because my boss was already annoyed this year when I took the first week in July off and asked me not to do it again.

Edie32 08-11-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148692)
That's the beauty of picking something so far out - for the most part, we likely don't have anything going on, so this will already be set when it comes time to plan family trips or anything like that!

It actually worked out because the only weekend Kris said was iffy for her was the weekend of the 18th because she's got a golf tournament, but that's Father's Day weekend anyway.

I see it opposite b/c I know Tom's brother will come.
This year we didnt' know until 2 weeks out what their dates were!
I hate to miss them...

Edie32 08-11-2010 01:08 PM

I'm going to pick some dates but I'm not 100% on any of them.

Edie32 08-11-2010 01:12 PM

I also think my mom is coming to visit but I don't know when.
She won't come when Kate is in school so it won't be June...but that leaves July.
My thinking is that she may come for April vacation b/c it'll be cooler than summer.

Fingers crossed.

irishjc820 08-11-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edie32 (Post 17148705)
I see it opposite b/c I know Tom's brother will come.
This year we didnt' know until 2 weeks out what their dates were!
I hate to miss them...

Don't you think if you told them that you had plans a certain week and wouldn't be around, they'd try to work around that since you had your plans first?

irishjc820 08-11-2010 01:23 PM

I have to go home and clean my house and bake. Baking I'm ok with. Cleaning not so much. I wish I could afford a cleaning service!

Edie32 08-11-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148754)
Don't you think if you told them that you had plans a certain week and wouldn't be around, they'd try to work around that since you had your plans first?

Nah. They usually plan their visit around another gathering of their college friends in NH.
It's called Mooserock. :)

Edie32 08-11-2010 01:33 PM

Is this the thread we're talking on all week or only about this?

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17147927)
I decided I need to get back into the habit of boiling eggs at the beginning of the week to have for breakfast or snack. I was good about it for months and then just sort of slacked off. So this week I'm back on track!

I would love to be able to do that, but Connor would eat them all!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazystamper (Post 17146956)
Oh I didn't tell you all what happened on Monday. I was so wrapped up in trip planning I forgot to mention it...

So my niece (brian's actually) has been babysitting for us and on Monday she watches Kamren and Tatum, my niece and nephew; as well. One of the girls remodeling the house called me Monday at 330 and said that Tiff had been asleep on the couch all day. The kids weren't dressed, they hadn't been fed at all and at one point my nephew who is 1 was locked in a bedroom all alone screaming at the top of his lungs.

Apparently this isn't the first time. I sent Brian home immediately (I work 40 mins away)

OMG!!! I hope Your kids were ok!!!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazystamper (Post 17147028)
nope. she didn't have a word to say. I told Brian to make sure he didn't pay her and that Sam didn't either. Ridiculous! Who lets a 1 yo, a 4 yo, a 5 yo and a 6 yo watch themselves?

They told me they thought it was like home alone. They ate ALL of the candy I brought home from Porcha and that's all they had to eat all day!

Wait...Isht, this Was your kids! And your neice & nephew! OMG...She is lucky she didn't get shot!!!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper (Post 17148021)
QotM:
What for dinner tonight? What are your options?

I have a choice of either green chili chicken enchiladas or stuff green peppers. I have ingredients for both.

No Clue....must go by Zurcher's for Party Supplies/Pinata, etc...then make Cupcakes for C's Daycare for tomorrow

Edie32 08-11-2010 01:54 PM

Well, Tom thought enough to call me about dinner.
That's progress!
We settled on pizza from next door and we'll bring it home.
Kate got a meatball sub. I got a calzone and we'll try some cinna stix :D

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148037)
Just in case anyone else is having a slow afternoon and needs a little pick-me-up:

DROoooooool

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edie32 (Post 17148890)
That's progress!

Hey, that IS progress!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148039)
OMG, I almost died during True Blood on Sunday when Alcide was !

Ummmmm, YEAH!!!!!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148097)
At my cousin's BBQ a few weeks ago we were talking about our Top 5 and I said Alcide is far and away my number one. My totally straight male cousin, Roy, is a big TB fan and said "hell, Alcide might even be my number one! That is one good looking man!"

Laminated #5!!!!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148180)
I actually was strangely into that scene, LOL! I think Eric can do no wrong in my book. I knew that's what he was going to do and understand why he did, but I will miss that character.

Me too!

The lead up was WOW! :shock: They need to show Eric naked more....and Alcide needs to get nekkid!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17148210)
LOL, I'm glad! I'm totally into Lafayette and Jesus too! Love them!

Me too! They make me swoon! I was so happy about this week!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edie32 (Post 17148439)
2 more hours of this agony.

Kate's been really good...but she's starting to show signs of cracking!

You can see it coming...like a big thunderhead in the distance...Connor does that!

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:17 PM

OK...so now I have to remember NOT to go to TV Talk

Rachelhope13 08-11-2010 02:43 PM

OK...time to go buy Party Supplies and Make cupcakes! (Or buy Cupcakes and add a little somethin' to them???)

Jackie G 08-11-2010 03:40 PM

Hey there ladies!!!!!! How is it being back home? It helps when you have already started to plan the next one!

Jane stayed at our house last night and I was so sad to have to turn her over to Suzanne today :( She is soooooooo sweet and we had a really good time visiting. How great that she was able to do a US hop and stay with Losties.

Regarding dates for Booza, it is hard to plan that far ahead without knowing what may come up emergency wise but when it's final, I will do my best. One of the cool things about it being at Chris's house is that a fee is not based on the number of people so last minute drops won't have a real effect (or is it affect??) on money other than possible rental car splits. Did that make sense? I just think that it's exciting that plans are already in the works!!!!

irishjc820 08-11-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edie32 (Post 17148801)
Is this the thread we're talking on all week or only about this?

I don't see why not. The old one was getting up there in posts.

irishjc820 08-11-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edie32 (Post 17148890)
That's progress!

Wow, I guess we should have given him some credit!

BsmtScrapper 08-11-2010 04:09 PM

Hello new thread. Is this for regular chatting too?

irishjc820 08-11-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie G (Post 17149354)
Hey there ladies!!!!!! How is it being back home? It helps when you have already started to plan the next one!

Jane stayed at our house last night and I was so sad to have to turn her over to Suzanne today :( She is soooooooo sweet and we had a really good time visiting. How great that she was able to do a US hop and stay with Losties.

Regarding dates for Booza, it is hard to plan that far ahead without knowing what may come up emergency wise but when it's final, I will do my best. One of the cool things about it being at Chris's house is that a fee is not based on the number of people so last minute drops won't have a real effect (or is it affect??) on money other than possible rental car splits. Did that make sense? I just think that it's exciting that plans are already in the works!!!!

Makes perfect sense and I will cross my fingers that you can make it! You were so missed this year!

irishjc820 08-11-2010 04:10 PM

FYI - those bars are SO freakin good!! OMG. I could eat the whole pan!

BsmtScrapper 08-11-2010 04:10 PM

I put my votes in. I didn't vote for the weekend before the 4th of July or the weekend of the 24th. I'm not leaving Shane sitting at home on a holiday weekend. I don't get enough weekends with him as it is.

The rest of the dates all seem fine to me.

BsmtScrapper 08-11-2010 04:20 PM

shoooooooooooooooot...I need to get dinner going. I'll be back and forth.

krazystamper 08-11-2010 05:11 PM

I'm not going to vote. Unless there is a tie and one weekend works better for me than another. :)

BsmtScrapper 08-11-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820 (Post 17147254)
Ok, you guys know I don't like cats, but even I think that kitten that PW keeps posting is adorable!

She's really sweet. I just say "awwwwwwwwwwww" when I see her photos.

LOL....errr him.

redcolt 08-11-2010 06:20 PM

HI girls! Can't stay to chat. Just wanted to pop in and report that Jane arrived here just in time for a whopper of a TX summer thunder storm. Lightening struck between our house and our neighbors! Jane had just closed the refrigerator when it struck and she said the fridge had a halo! I swear we both screamed. I think the only casualty was my laptop. We hadn't been home long enough to unplug anything. :( Of course Ed's POS laptop is just fine! LOL!

We're off to bed before too long. We're a tired bunch tonight. Tomorrow we're off to shop and do some sightseeing! TTFN!

brandon & Alex's mom 08-12-2010 03:40 AM

Hi B's! I am so glad school is back in session and I can sort of relax. I still have a lot to do to get ready for my school, especially lesson planning because I can't use the samea plans as last year since I will have 3 kids from last year since I moved up.

Went in yesterday to set up my room and will go in again tomorrow and all next week. It is a bit stressful because our school is in the middle of getting their license and there will be inspections and all so we are not really quite sure of what we need and can't use yet.

I am so excited about next year's gathering at Kris'! I am not going to vote on dates as of yet. I know I am not available the weekend of June 9th. It is Brandon's b-day and we are going on the Disney cruise then and I am not sure when my Uncle will be having the reunion and when we wil be in NY, but is is usually the weekends of July 14-24. (it also seems some of you can't do June and July anyway). End of July and August are ok with me, not sure when kids are back at school, but if I get an early enough flight out, it should be OK. I will see if I can find out when all those dates are and vote the end of the week/weekend.

brandon & Alex's mom 08-12-2010 03:40 AM

YIKES Suz! Is your laptop dead?