Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   CBCs - Enjoying Fall and the Return of All! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/cbcs-enjoying-fall-return-all-t561527.html)

Anemone 09-23-2012 04:55 PM

CBCs - Enjoying Fall and the Return of All!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...llsmiley6b.gif

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hostlov.gif

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hostlov2.gif

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...estfriends.gif

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...ayasisters.gif

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

JenMarie 09-23-2012 04:57 PM

Thanks, Kell!

Suzanne 09-23-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurlynn (Post 19706183)
Sorry, but had to chuckle at this. Last time you threw things out (ie stamping stuff), you went back to it a few years later.

Although, then you end up with what you need, and not an over abundance of it...

I thought about that too Laurie...LOL

JenMarie 09-23-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurlynn (Post 19706183)
Sorry, but had to chuckle at this. Last time you threw things out (ie stamping stuff), you went back to it a few years later.

Although, then you end up with what you need, and not an over abundance of it...

Hola!

ah, yeah... over abundance... ugh I so need to de-clutter! I'm using only unity and ippity right now but don't want rid of my Pink Cat, GinaK, SU...etc... :rolleyes:

Suzanne 09-23-2012 04:59 PM

I am WAY past in need of simplifying life around here. Told hubby that I missed our lives from 20 years ago when we rented & lived in apartments. He looked at me like I had grown a second head and said "when we had almost nothing". I was like YEP!

tamijo 09-23-2012 05:00 PM

thanks K!

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:01 PM

I'm not looking at stamps...yet. Going through all of the boxes in the closet first.

Figured getting rid of all the paint stuff isn't too bad since if I ever decided to go back to painting I would need new paint anyway.

JenMarie 09-23-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne (Post 19706202)
I am WAY past in need of simplifying life around here. Told hubby that I missed our lives from 20 years ago when we rented & lived in apartments. He looked at me like I had grown a second head and said "when we had almost nothing". I was like YEP!

Yep... I've been wanting to take a closet/shelf/cabinet at a time and totally simplify/toss out! ...been saying that for months...

laurlynn 09-23-2012 05:02 PM

I tried working on the basement but the overhead light doesn't work. It's a shop light so don't really keep those bulbs on hand. Got the bulbs and it still doesn't work. Brother says it might be the light itself. It seems they don't last forever. :roll:

tamijo 09-23-2012 05:03 PM

I'm getting myself back to that point suzanne- I am seriously thinking that I am going to do some serious downsizing during fall break (when I have time). That Thursday and Friday I have nothing planned. Saturday we are traveling to Nashville for the Color Run (which is Sunday). SO.... lots of time to get things organized

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:03 PM

I can't keep saying it. I have got to finally step up and do it because all of the mess around here is literally making me feel crazy.

With home schooling & now swim team I just feel unbelievably overwhelmed by life.

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurlynn (Post 19706216)
I tried working on the basement but the overhead light doesn't work. It's a shop light so don't really keep those bulbs on hand. Got the bulbs and it still doesn't work. Brother says it might be the light itself. It seems they don't last forever. :roll:

Those lights have something called a ballast - http://www.lowes.com/Search=ballast?...ue&Ntt=ballast

That will cause the light not to work.

JenMarie 09-23-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne (Post 19706223)
I can't keep saying it. I have got to finally step up and do it because all of the mess around here is literally making me feel crazy.

With home schooling & now swim team I just feel unbelievably overwhelmed by life.

...and I don't want to feel overwhelmed in my own home.

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenMarie (Post 19706232)
...and I don't want to feel overwhelmed in my own home.

AMEN!

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:09 PM

I made these little treat bags in the fall - http://my.allpeoplequilt.com/photos/...oId=5480300007 and they are taking up closet space.

Do you think anyone might be interested in buying them if I put them on Etsy? And what do you think I should ask for them if I do?

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:18 PM

In case anyone is interested we tried this - Bacon in the oven yesterday and it works. I need either a bigger pan or a second one to do a whole package of bacon though.

I liked that the bacon was flatter than it usually is when we use the griddle of frying pan.

Anemone 09-23-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne (Post 19706247)
I made these little treat bags in the fall - Share Photos : BERNINA Challenge:Suzanne's Fall Treat Bags and they are taking up closet space.

Do you think anyone might be interested in buying them if I put them on Etsy? And what do you think I should ask for them if I do?

I think there is a fairly decent chance they'd sell on etsy. I would take the cost of your materials, then double it. If you think that a reasonable price, sell it there. If not, add a few more $$. Also, I would check etsy for anything similar and see what kind of prices they are set at.

mountainmom 09-23-2012 05:19 PM

One of my decision factors for going with SU is to help limit the amount of pruduct I buy. I have so much other stuff that it has become overwhelming. will be selling off some non SU.

Anemone 09-23-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne (Post 19706267)
In case anyone is interested we tried this - Bacon in the oven yesterday and it works. I need either a bigger pan or a second one to do a whole package of bacon though.

I liked that the bacon was flatter than it usually is when we use the griddle of frying pan.

Oh good! I saw that pinned and wondered if it worked. I will definitely try that.

mountainmom 09-23-2012 05:22 PM

I cooked my bacon in the oven for years, (before we stopped eating it)

tamijo 09-23-2012 05:27 PM

yep, I am good with my a|s through the end of the year (meaning I'm not in pending- met my sales requirements for this quarter which ends this week and the new one starts next Monday) but I'm not going to push it. It's something I will still buy due to the fact I like not having to line cards but if I end up dropping it's okay with me. I have more than enough stuff ;)

Anemone 09-23-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainmom (Post 19706274)
I cooked my bacon in the oven for years, (before we stopped eating it)

It's not something I have all the time, but I do enjoy it occasionally. I'm not even sure I buy 1 pkg a month.
I actually probably eat more bacon when tomatoes are in season, 'cause I'll do a BLT, which I love.
And once in a while I do myself a nice brunch with bacon or sausage, egg & toast and/or french toast.

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 19706268)
I think there is a fairly decent chance they'd sell on etsy. I would take the cost of your materials, then double it. If you think that a reasonable price, sell it there. If not, add a few more $$. Also, I would check etsy for anything similar and see what kind of prices they are set at.

heck I don't even remember how much it cost for the fabric. I'll have to think on it.

Anemone 09-23-2012 05:38 PM

I have been slowly decluttering too. Just tackling one shelf or spot at a time. I really just have more stuff than what will fit in this apartment, so I need to get rid of some stuff. I need to do some re-organizing too. Trying not to push myself, but just do it as I feel like it.

laurlynn 09-23-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne (Post 19706231)
Those lights have something called a ballast - Shop ballast at Lowes.com: Search Results

That will cause the light not to work.

Yep, that's what he said. I couldn't remember that word.

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:47 PM

I need to declutter and simplify as well as come up with a daily schedule that actually works for me.

tamijo 09-23-2012 05:48 PM

ugh- i am having serious issues with my internet! i am having trouble getting some things to load!

laurlynn 09-23-2012 05:48 PM

We've done bacon in the microwave, on a bunch of paper towels. I like the oven idea though because that about the time it takes to get a batch of scrambled eggs mixed and cooked.

laurlynn 09-23-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 19706301)
I have been slowly decluttering too. Just tackling one shelf or spot at a time. I really just have more stuff than what will fit in this apartment, so I need to get rid of some stuff. I need to do some re-organizing too. Trying not to push myself, but just do it as I feel like it.

Trying not to push here too, but not getting it done nearly as soon as I was hoping. But it's not just me, it's kids' stuff too. Certianly lots of "kid" things they don't need anymore that we need to sort through. Just not enough hours in a day, days in a month, months in a year... :razz:

laurlynn 09-23-2012 05:51 PM

So Kelly, is the 14th the reveal for Secret Santa? How many are actually doing it this year?

Suzanne 09-23-2012 05:52 PM

I've done it in the microwave when I only need a couple of pieces. I have a pan similar to this - Amazon.com: Nordic Ware Microwave Bacon Tray & Food Defroster: Kitchen & Dining that I use in the microwave for bacon.

When all of us are home it takes a whole package though so the microwave is out for use. The big griddle splatters grease every where so I was definitely looking for an alternative way.

Anemone 09-23-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurlynn (Post 19706327)
So Kelly, is the 14th the reveal for Secret Santa? How many are actually doing it this year?

There are 11 of us.

I suggested the 14th to see if that would work, but so far, no-one has said yes it works, or no it doesn't this would be better.

laurlynn 09-23-2012 05:56 PM

Well as of now, it works for me. :)

Suzanne 09-23-2012 06:03 PM

OK time to say good night. Bed time for us. Chat with y'all tomorrow.

laurlynn 09-23-2012 06:06 PM

Ok, 12yo ds2 is really pushing me to my limits...I can feel my blood starting to boil already. :evil:

laurlynn 09-23-2012 06:07 PM

Nite Suzanne.

tamijo 09-23-2012 06:08 PM

just for the record- I have serious procrastination issues :rolleyes: I finally did get tomorrow's lessons typed up. I MUST work on the rest of the week tomorrow. I want to get the next two weeks typed up and set up at school so I don't have to worry about it!

mountainmom 09-23-2012 06:08 PM

Kelly, any day will work for me for the CBC SS reveal, just have to give me time to get home from work.

tamijo 09-23-2012 06:08 PM

night- I am going to bed- have been fighting a headache all day, no nap, and i'm just darn tired!

tamijo 09-23-2012 06:09 PM

and as far as I know the 14th will work for me. I won't know until closer to time though due to christmas parties and such