Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   BCBW....Putting JINGLE BELLS On Our RED Panties! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/bcbw-putting-jingle-bells-our-red-panties-t581509.html)

Granny Hawkins 11-28-2013 05:58 PM

BCBW....Putting JINGLE BELLS On Our RED Panties!
 
WELCOME TO OUR HOLIDAY THREAD!

missiowa81 11-28-2013 06:38 PM

...jingle...jingle...jingle...

http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/g125.gif

Wench67 11-29-2013 07:11 AM

Aloha!

Wench67 11-29-2013 07:11 AM

Trying to convince my lazy butt to get up and moving. Not overly successful so far :rolleyes:

missiowa81 11-29-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wench67 (Post 20434835)
Trying to convince my lazy butt to get up and moving. Not overly successful so far :rolleyes:

In the same boat.

Granny Hawkins 11-29-2013 03:49 PM

Kensley and I slept until 9:20. THAT is really late for her.

Picked up Lisa and the kids around 12:00 and went to the Tree Farm.


Took us about an hour to pick out a tree then spent the rest of the afternoon trimming it.


I bought a small table top tree. Will need to find a small stand tomorrow. The one we have is way too big.

Granny Hawkins 11-29-2013 03:51 PM

NO shopping for me today.

missiowa81 11-29-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins (Post 20435209)
NO shopping for me today.

Me neither. Unless I do some cyber shopping before midnight. :p

missiowa81 11-29-2013 06:50 PM

<--- Finally cleaning up after my trip. :rolleyes:

missiowa81 11-29-2013 07:23 PM

<---- Sucking on a Tootsie Roll Pop that I picked up from the coffee break station in D.C. :p

Chef Mama 11-30-2013 06:44 AM

Hi. Checking in from my phone.

Granny, let me know how you and the grands like the movie today.

Miss I, how many licks to get to the middle of the tootsie pop?

Kristi how was Thanksgiving?

Granny, I'm wishing you lived near me to organize my nrw home. :)

Got to see the great nieces. Such fun!

Have to move out of first storage unit today to second one. Going to measure some things at the house, too.

Love y'all!

Granny Hawkins 11-30-2013 12:51 PM

Not going to see the movie until tomorrow,so I will let you know. I have heard it is great.

Slowly but surely decorating my house.


Organizing a NEW house....Stuff DREAMS are made of....LOL

Granny Hawkins 11-30-2013 12:53 PM

I have one more Tootsie Roll Pop left! NOT buying anymore. I ate the entire bag except for the chocolate and raspberry ones.

missiowa81 11-30-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins (Post 20435928)
I have one more Tootsie Roll Pop left! NOT buying anymore. I ate the entire bag except for the chocolate and raspberry ones.

You have my address, right? ;)

Those are 2 of the best flavors!!

missiowa81 11-30-2013 02:22 PM

Granny, are you watching the UG-GT game?

missiowa81 11-30-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins (Post 20435925)
Not going to see the movie until tomorrow,so I will let you know. I have heard it is great.

Slowly but surely decorating my house.

Organizing a NEW house....Stuff DREAMS are made of....LOL

I spent last night cleaning and decluttering. Well, mostly decluttering and just putting stuff back where it belongs. :rolleyes: And I had to clean off my craft table so I could set up my new Ott light. I LOVE IT! It's a higher wattage and has a bigger shade than my old one, and I definitely need that.

I'm going to continue with the craft clean up tonight, and then do Christmas decorations tomorrow. My Xmas stuff is well organized and easy to get to, since we installed the new shelving units in the basement after the flood in March.

missiowa81 11-30-2013 02:52 PM

Hurray! The stamps I ordered were shipped today (Christmas stamps). :p

missiowa81 11-30-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81 (Post 20436032)
Hurray! The stamps I ordered were shipped today (Christmas stamps). :p

And Mrs. Wig received her china without a hitch. So now she can start working on her lamp. lol

jor 11-30-2013 03:20 PM

Hello friends! Had a GREAT visit with my cousin. My family said it was one of the best Thanksgivings. Marie was really excited they were coming and Brenda was doing so much cooking. Today I overheard her say that it was a great definition of a Thanksgiving meal as we had recipes from Brenda and some of ours. And we tried something new. (We had turnips AND rutabagas - I usually buy rutabagas but Bill picked up turnips. We loved both). We made turkey soup that turned out perfect! And Brenda made dumplings for the soup last night.

She had told me she wanted to do some stamping. I was excited, but her idea is very different from mine. She does really basic stuff. That was fine. I did a few things for the college kids. My craft room is still clean so I can have fun later this week.

Granny Hawkins 11-30-2013 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=missiowa81;20435999]You have my address, right? ;)

Those are 2 of the best flavors!![/QUOT



I gave Poppa the chocolate but I have lots of raspberry. I see a trip to the post office coming up.

Granny Hawkins 11-30-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81 (Post 20436007)
Granny, are you watching the UG-GT game?



Broke Poppa's heart....LOL

missiowa81 11-30-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Mama (Post 20435655)
Hi. Checking in from my phone.

Granny, let me know how you and the grands like the movie today.

Miss I, how many licks to get to the middle of the tootsie pop?

Kristi how was Thanksgiving?

Granny, I'm wishing you lived near me to organize my nrw home. :)

Got to see the great nieces. Such fun!

Have to move out of first storage unit today to second one. Going to measure some things at the house, too.

Love y'all!

TOO MANY!! :p

Have fun at the new house.

missiowa81 11-30-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins (Post 20436195)
Broke Poppa's heart....LOL

I bet! I watched part of the OT but when I flipped back, the game was over so I figured GT didn't score again.

missiowa81 11-30-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 20436076)
Hello friends! Had a GREAT visit with my cousin. My family said it was one of the best Thanksgivings. Marie was really excited they were coming and Brenda was doing so much cooking. Today I overheard her say that it was a great definition of a Thanksgiving meal as we had recipes from Brenda and some of ours. And we tried something new. (We had turnips AND rutabagas - I usually buy rutabagas but Bill picked up turnips. We loved both). We made turkey soup that turned out perfect! And Brenda made dumplings for the soup last night.

She had told me she wanted to do some stamping. I was excited, but her idea is very different from mine. She does really basic stuff. That was fine. I did a few things for the college kids. My craft room is still clean so I can have fun later this week.

:p :p :p

missiowa81 11-30-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins (Post 20436194)
I gave Poppa the chocolate but I have lots of raspberry. I see a trip to the post office coming up.

I hadn't had one in decades, I bet. It was funny to see them on the coffee break station.

Shanon 11-30-2013 09:39 PM

Gobble gobble. Hope everyone is fat from all the turkey. We spent our turkey day at the beach house. Beautiful weather - it was perfect.

That is all.

Wait - no it's not. I really wish my Granny was here right now. Like in a bad way - you have no idea how much I miss her.

Please set up a fund and send her my way, K?

Love to all......gonna go read a book now.

Chef Mama 11-30-2013 10:23 PM

I might have to move into the new house alone. My family has irritated me to the nth degree. Hoping tomorrow is better. I finally have a house and Phil wants to keep the ugly dirty curtains, doesn't want us to paint walls, and wants me to put either fabric from his college or solid maroon. Oh, i can add gold since my college colors were maroon and gold. COLLEGE COLORS? It's not a big deal in the long run, but it's the idea that he isn't considering how i feel or what i want at all. I hate that he's a spoiled only child sometimes.

Vent over.

jor 12-01-2013 08:40 AM

Lori - I'm sorry Phil is being so difficult. I can't believe he doesn't want to paint before you move in. I wonder why? Just too much work? HUGS. You can vent anytime.

missiowa81 12-01-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Mama (Post 20436492)
I might have to move into the new house alone. My family has irritated me to the nth degree. Hoping tomorrow is better. I finally have a house and Phil wants to keep the ugly dirty curtains, doesn't want us to paint walls, and wants me to put either fabric from his college or solid maroon. Oh, i can add gold since my college colors were maroon and gold. COLLEGE COLORS? It's not a big deal in the long run, but it's the idea that he isn't considering how i feel or what i want at all. I hate that he's a spoiled only child sometimes.

Vent over.

Just wait until Phil goes to work, then do whatever you want. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ;)

missiowa81 12-01-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon (Post 20436481)
Gobble gobble. Hope everyone is fat from all the turkey. We spent our turkey day at the beach house. Beautiful weather - it was perfect.

That is all.

Wait - no it's not. I really wish my Granny was here right now. Like in a bad way - you have no idea how much I miss her.

Please set up a fund and send her my way, K?


Love to all......gonna go read a book now.

I'll either donate to your Britney Spears fund or Granny's Travel Fund. But not both. :p

Scratch that. I will not donate to your Britney Spears fund. lol

missiowa81 12-01-2013 01:42 PM

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a good day. I've been lazy and enjoying the quietude.

Dad just called to say that he heard from my brother and they've been sick with really bad stomach/intestinal stuff all weekend! Dad called to see if I had the same thing (in case it was something we ate on Thanksgiving). Thank goodness I haven't had anything like that. Sounds to me like maybe it originated with the oldest grandson (probably picked up something at school), and since the kids stayed overnight there was plenty of time for the bug to get spread around. I'm thankful I didn't catch it!

Granny Hawkins 12-01-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81 (Post 20437109)
Just wait until Phil goes to work, then do whatever you want. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ;)

i

Better to BEG forgiveness than ASK permission....From the one who has not painted her cabinets white yet....LOL

Granny Hawkins 12-01-2013 02:33 PM

MOVIE WAS AWESOME!

Granny Hawkins 12-01-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 20436847)
Lori - I'm sorry Phil is being so difficult. I can't believe he doesn't want to paint before you move in. I wonder why? Just too much work? HUGS. You can vent anytime.

I would want to paint if for no other reason that to be clean.

jor 12-01-2013 03:52 PM

Today was a good one! A great group of kids for Sunday School and we had a dinner at church tonight. Sang carols afterwards. It was nice. A small group because it was only decided to do this a few weeks ago.

When we moved into this house, we didn't paint before we moved in because we didn't have time. But we did start painting pretty quickly afterward.

missiowa81 12-01-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins (Post 20437153)
I would want to paint if for no other reason that to be clean.

Agreed--start with a clean slate. Even if you like the color, you probably have no idea how long it's been since the walls were painted, carpets were cleaned, etc. And it's much easier to paint when the house is empty.

missiowa81 12-01-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins (Post 20437150)
i

Better to BEG forgiveness than ASK permission....From the one who has not painted her cabinets white yet....LOL

:p

If (or should I say when) you do this, are you going to have them professionally done?

missiowa81 12-01-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 20437239)
Today was a good one! A great group of kids for Sunday School and we had a dinner at church tonight. Sang carols afterwards. It was nice. A small group because it was only decided to do this a few weeks ago.

When we moved into this house, we didn't paint before we moved in because we didn't have time. But we did start painting pretty quickly afterward.

Hey JoJo!

Glad you enjoyed your day.

missiowa81 12-01-2013 04:18 PM

I got some laundry going and am in the process of dusting and vacuuming the living room before I start putting out Christmas decorations.

I finished my Thanksgiving leftovers yesterday, so tonight it was tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich for supper.

I wish I had looked more closely at the ads this morning. Target has a "Mad Men" Christmas CD! It includes the good old tunes like White Christmas and The Christmas Song (but alas, not my favorite ;)), sung by the likes of Mel Torme, Rosemary Clooney, Johnny Mathis, etc. Plus the Mad Men theme song (which isn't Christmasy at all) and a song from one of the episodes which was also a 60s song originally.

I will definitely be buying it. :p

missiowa81 12-01-2013 07:21 PM

I couldn't wait. Target was open until 10:00, Kohl's until midnight. We have a new Kohl's on our side of town just a couple of blocks from Target. So I went and did a little "Christmas shopping." :p I got a Shark hand-held vacuum (Dust Buster type) for mom and me, new bathroom rugs for the house, and a "Malt Shop Christmas" CD for Mom. It has fun Christmas songs by Brenda Lee, Chuck Berry, and other 50s-60s stars.

And I got a new pillow and the Mad Men CD for myself. And some Ritter Sport bars (German brand of candy bar). :mrgreen:

The garbage can is going to be full tomorrow because I am throwing out one of my pillows and the old bathroom rugs.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:10 AM.