Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   ***Misfit Monday (9-24-12)*** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/%2A%2A%2Amisfit-monday-9-24-12-%2A%2A%2A-t561555.html)

jkincolorado 09-24-2012 07:16 AM

***Misfit Monday (9-24-12)***

Happy Monday!

We had a great weekend. We drove up to the mountains to see the changing aspen trees. We go every year, but it never gets old seeing them. We took a picnic lunch and ate at a park and took a train ride to a mining town - Preston is obsessed with Choo-Choo's right now. We also drove to the top of the mining pit and watched all the BIG trucks - many of them honked as they drove past us, he loved it. It was a gorgeous fall day and we all had so much fun.

I'm going to the zoo again tomorrow with another friend and her kids. Looking forward to going back.

caterinafmig 09-24-2012 07:54 AM

Good morning, Jennifer, happy Monday!

jor 09-24-2012 08:03 AM

Happy Monday. It is beautiful here. Some of our leaves are beginning to change, but not much as yet. Jennifer - I saw the pics you posted on facebook - they are gorgeous. I love all the changing seasons!

I do not understand why I have been sooooo tired the last couple of days. Like I seriously cannot keep my eyes open.

scrappincanyon 09-24-2012 10:22 AM

good morning!

LAST CALL FOR SECRET SANTA! If you would like to play along, please let me know.

Sherry

lindalaskowski 09-24-2012 12:24 PM

Today is my 18th anniversary. We leave for St Louis tomorrow morning, so neither of us wanted to go out today. I DID get my wheel chair yesterday. Bob can be such an *****!!! I think he thought he was going to be pushing me ALL the time! I explained that he wouldn't be, that I would be walking as much as possible! I also told him if he was going to be a big grouch, I wasn't going. In a way, I really don't care if I go or not!

I'm planning on stopping at an ARCHIVER'S and another stamping store, while down there. I guess I better get their address!

smileyj 09-24-2012 01:34 PM

Linda- Happy Anniversary! I hope your dh will be in a better mood. Sometimes they just need to hear that we are doing the best we can!

Jennifer- I love fall. I am so happy for you to be able to go out and enjoy it.

Caterina- I have been thinking about you today! I wore my bright gold work shirt today!

Sherry- I think I signed up for the SS. Please give me some ideas.

hedgiemama 09-24-2012 02:15 PM

Sherry do you have me down? Are we going to do wish lists?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappincanyon (Post 19707641)
good morning!

LAST CALL FOR SECRET SANTA! If you would like to play along, please let me know.

Sherry

jenguin 09-24-2012 03:13 PM

Please for wish lists. Makes it so much easier! I want to give people something they want/will use! :) Especially if I get Hedgie! LOL I have a great idea for you!

Busy day here. Worked, trying to clean a bit. Very tired. I don't sleep well on Sundays! A lot on my mind.

Surf n turf for dinner, sort of. I'm having garlic seared cod, kids are having steak and I am also making baked potato (1 which we'll share - they don't really care for it - I'm trying to broaden their horizons) and garlic spinach for me, chopped raw peppers for them. Simple and healthy. Sort of. LOL

caterinafmig 09-24-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalaskowski (Post 19707856)
Today is my 18th anniversary. We leave for St Louis tomorrow morning, so neither of us wanted to go out today. I DID get my wheel chair yesterday. Bob can be such an *****!!! I think he thought he was going to be pushing me ALL the time! I explained that he wouldn't be, that I would be walking as much as possible! I also told him if he was going to be a big grouch, I wasn't going. In a way, I really don't care if I go or not!

I'm planning on stopping at an ARCHIVER'S and another stamping store, while down there. I guess I better get their address!

Happy 18th Anniversary!!

Sorry you husband was more supportive for you. Enjoy your time away and hope you get to relax.

caterinafmig 09-24-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyj (Post 19708011)
Linda- Happy Anniversary! I hope your dh will be in a better mood. Sometimes they just need to hear that we are doing the best we can!

Jennifer- I love fall. I am so happy for you to be able to go out and enjoy it.

Caterina- I have been thinking about you today! I wore my bright gold work shirt today!

Sherry- I think I signed up for the SS. Please give me some ideas.

Thanks Joan!!!

caterinafmig 09-24-2012 05:10 PM

Reynold and I just got back from taking Camron & Conrad to Chili's which they enjoy. Today ALL proceeds go to St. Jude's for childhood cancer research. We make sure both boys get to color a chili and make a donation. :D

Am so very grateful that Chili's does this every year!

nikki1578 09-24-2012 05:24 PM

I would love to do the SS swap :) but would like to do wish lists too though.

happy anniversary Linda

the weather is so nice here :) it was little chilly this morning but it so good.

Joanne I am glad I got to see my friend too. She goes in on Friday for more surgery will be there for several days this time. He said depends on how she does she may get to go home next Friday. So will go visit her one day next week. Just keep praying for her. I talked to her today for a long time, she is just so scared.

jor 09-24-2012 09:56 PM

Nikki - I will certainly keep her in my prayers. I'm sure she is scared, but I am also glad you are there for her. I have my annual mammogram on Thursday and I'm getting more nervous as it gets closer. I do every year, but since this is 15 years since the first time, I'm a little more anxious. I'm also getting an ultrasound (did I tell you all this already?) for the low back pain to rule out fibroid tumors. I don't think they will find anything there - I think I'm just going to have to live with this issue. Maybe she will have a better pain killer for me though. I think I live on Advil sometimes.

caterinafmig 09-25-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki1578 (Post 19708605)
I would love to do the SS swap :) but would like to do wish lists too though.

happy anniversary Linda

the weather is so nice here :) it was little chilly this morning but it so good.

Joanne I am glad I got to see my friend too. She goes in on Friday for more surgery will be there for several days this time. He said depends on how she does she may get to go home next Friday. So will go visit her one day next week. Just keep praying for her. I talked to her today for a long time, she is just so scared.

My heart goes out to your friend and truly pray that God will keep here calm before, during and after surgery and remove all fear. Sending much love, hugs and prayers.

caterinafmig 09-25-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 19709073)
Nikki - I will certainly keep her in my prayers. I'm sure she is scared, but I am also glad you are there for her. I have my annual mammogram on Thursday and I'm getting more nervous as it gets closer. I do every year, but since this is 15 years since the first time, I'm a little more anxious. I'm also getting an ultrasound (did I tell you all this already?) for the low back pain to rule out fibroid tumors. I don't think they will find anything there - I think I'm just going to have to live with this issue. Maybe she will have a better pain killer for me though. I think I live on Advil sometimes.

Joanne, thinking of you and trusting God for good news with the annual mammogram. <3 (((((Joanne))))) <3

nikki1578 09-25-2012 09:01 AM

Thanks Cat and Joanne she is only 36 too. So she def has been through a lot. to be so young. But like I told her we all are praying for her and praying for her to feel peace.

jor 09-25-2012 10:58 AM

Thanks friends. Bad allergy day. BBL

jenguin 09-25-2012 11:41 AM

Busy day here. Work was good. Cleaning for a bit, then taxi service starts.

Later!

nikki1578 09-25-2012 02:08 PM

man i came to find out there 2 classmates have passed away. One i am still trying to find out when and how she died didnt relalize she was gone till today but the other one died this morning a heart attack. she is only 36. :( . Its so sad.

hope you all have a great day tomorrow. :) HUGS to all.

caterinafmig 09-25-2012 02:42 PM

I don't know how it works, but it is cool.

WHEN THE GUY ON THE SCREEN STOPS RUNNING, PLACE YOUR CURSOR ABOUT 1/2 INCH ABOVE HIS HEAD....... WEIRD....

selfcontrolfreak

jor 09-25-2012 02:56 PM

Nikki - I am so very sorry. It is sad and scary. Hugs.

jenguin 09-25-2012 03:08 PM

Nikki - we are getting to that age! It's very sad.

I would love to go to bed now. But then I'd be up at midnight! LOL Got a lot done today. Lots more to do tomorrow. A whole day of studying. Doesn't that sound fab?! LOL

scrappincanyon 09-25-2012 03:44 PM

SECRET SANTA

Alrighty.......I have these misfits down to play the secret santa.

Jen
Sherry
Joan
Cat
hedgie
Linda
Nikki
Joann
Jennifer

I'm going to send out a questionaire tonight. Please fill out and return to me by 9/30. I'll match everyone up then. If I have missed something please let me know, or if you have just now decided to join in the fun, please let me know. I can add you up until 9/30

Thanks
Sherry

scrappincanyon 09-25-2012 03:59 PM

Secret Santa

I just sent everyone a PM titled Secret Santa. It is a questionaire, please feel free to add anything on your wish list that I may have forgotten.

Please fill out and send back to me by 9/30 and then I match everyone up.

Again, if someone has "signed up" to play along, please do so, it is not too late!

Sherry

nikki1578 09-25-2012 04:48 PM

sent my survey back. :)

Joanne I know it is very sad :(

Jen your right its happening earlier and earlier with age with the sickness and deaths.

caterinafmig 09-25-2012 05:14 PM

Sherry already responded - thanks for doing this.

nikki1578 09-25-2012 05:22 PM

Cat I clicked on that site that was pretty funny lol :) and weird at same time haha

caterinafmig 09-25-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki1578 (Post 19710685)
Cat I clicked on that site that was pretty funny lol :) and weird at same time haha

Have no clue how they do those kinds of things. Camron & Conrad loved it and of course wanted to see it over and over again.

jor 09-26-2012 07:46 AM

Morning. Another bad allergy day. And I ran out of tissues! I'm using napkins, which are not as soft! LOL

Did you all hear that Andy Williams passed away? He was a favorite of mine - great childhood memories of watching his shows, especially the Christmas specials. I bought a DVD a few years ago of highlights from his Christmas shows. I will watch them to bring back the wonderful feelings/memories of my childhood. It wasn't Christmas without an Andy Williams special. He seemed so nice.

nikki1578 09-26-2012 08:09 AM

Joanne sorry your not feeling well and to run out of TISSUES OH NO not good ;( I did hear that Andy Williams Passed away so sad. :(

came home on my break not getting read to head back to work :) love living so close i can just come home in 4 mins :)

well i will check in when i get back home tonight, talk with you later :) HUGS TO ALL

scrappincanyon 09-26-2012 08:15 AM

Good Morning!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Joann - I hate allergies! Hang in there and get some really soft kleenex!

Nikki - I'm sorry!

Sherry

muzbysmom 09-26-2012 08:22 AM

Good morning ladies! It's been quite a while since I've dropped in so I thought I'd say hi. Secret Santa time? Oh what fun that was! For those of you on the fence join in - it's SO MUCH fun!

I'm not working and haven't for almost a year (by choice). Next year I'll be able to retire "officially" and am looking to going back to 2 incomes instead of 1. Lately I've been busy with yard work since my husband had his second knee replacement in July and hasn't been able to do much around the house/yard. Hopefully he heels before the snows come!

jenguin 09-26-2012 08:29 AM

Home today working on schoolwork. My old school called this am begging me to sub today! LOL I was good and said no. Think positive thoughts for my meeting with my professor today! It's at 4!

caterinafmig 09-26-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19711631)
Good morning ladies! It's been quite a while since I've dropped in so I thought I'd say hi. Secret Santa time? Oh what fun that was! For those of you on the fence join in - it's SO MUCH fun!

I'm not working and haven't for almost a year (by choice). Next year I'll be able to retire "officially" and am looking to going back to 2 incomes instead of 1. Lately I've been busy with yard work since my husband had his second knee replacement in July and hasn't been able to do much around the house/yard. Hopefully he heels before the snows come!

Hello Lynn!!! So good to have you come by and giving us an update. Sending healing hugs to your husband and hugs to you too!

caterinafmig 09-26-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguin (Post 19711643)
Home today working on schoolwork. My old school called this am begging me to sub today! LOL I was good and said no. Think positive thoughts for my meeting with my professor today! It's at 4!

You will do great!

caterinafmig 09-26-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 19711589)
Morning. Another bad allergy day. And I ran out of tissues! I'm using napkins, which are not as soft! LOL

Did you all hear that Andy Williams passed away? He was a favorite of mine - great childhood memories of watching his shows, especially the Christmas specials. I bought a DVD a few years ago of highlights from his Christmas shows. I will watch them to bring back the wonderful feelings/memories of my childhood. It wasn't Christmas without an Andy Williams special. He seemed so nice.

Joanne, Reynold and I did get the opportunity to see Andy Williams along with his guest, Ann Margaret in Branson a few years ago. He truly was a very nice man and he will be missed.

jor 09-26-2012 10:36 AM

I always wanted to see him. I'm sorry I didn't have the chance. :(

smileyj 09-26-2012 12:39 PM

Lynn- I am happy to see you popped in on us.

Caterina- I wish I could have seen Andy Williams as well. I did watch many a shows. I particularly remember the Osmond Brothers. I did see them as a teenager before Donny joined his brothers.

Joanne- Allergies are the pits. I am hoping for cold weather to kill all the allergens.

Sherry- I saw the survey.. I really don't know what I want.

Jen- thinking of you right now!

Nichole- I work about 7 minutes from work. it is 2.24 miles. I have walked it many times. However, I have way too much pain in my heel to attempt that now!

have a great evening!

jenguin 09-26-2012 12:52 PM

The professor never showed up! No email or voice message. She said she sent a text message.....to my landline. Wouldn't it bounce back as undeliverable? I am annoyed. Really annoyed. I think she forgot. If I missed an assignment and didn't contact her I'm pretty sure I'd get an F.

nikki1578 09-26-2012 04:22 PM

Jen thats crazy.

Joanne I love living so close and even with Publix its only 13 mins from the house so that is good too. I want to walk i need to do it one day and see how long it takes. I may have to do it in the winter because i wish you could see this road i live off.

hello Lynn

hope you all had a great day today. :) HUGS TO ALL.