Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   ***Misfit Monday (11-5-12)*** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/%2A%2A%2Amisfit-monday-11-5-12-%2A%2A%2A-t563808.html)

jkincolorado 11-05-2012 06:43 AM

***Misfit Monday (11-5-12)***

Morning!!!

It's a gorgeous clear day and I'm still motivated to get stuff done! I did a lot yesterday - some of it was little stuff, but it felt good to cross it off the to-do list. Once I get our upstairs cleaned, I'm going to have the carpets done.

There was some confusion about who gave Preston certain gifts at his party. There were so many people and so much commotion that everything didn't get written down correctly. I finally ended up sending emails to a few people explaining the situation and asking them what gift they gave. I was embarrassed to do that, but I need to know so I can send out thank you notes.

Preston woke up extra early today. He had soaked through his jammies :( He's been drinking so much milk lately. Not sure if it's because of his teeth coming in or if it could be a growth spurt. He has his 2 year check up at the end of the month.

caterinafmig 11-05-2012 06:46 AM

Good morning Jennifer!

Chilly day here!

jor 11-05-2012 07:40 AM

Good morning friends! Boy, it is chilly this morning. So thankful we have heat! I'm also wearing several layers - I'm rarely cold, so this is okay for now!

lindalaskowski 11-05-2012 08:10 AM

Good Monday Morning!!!
We had a very busy weekend. Friday, was our 15 year old Granddaughter, Adrianna,s Birthday Party. Saturday was Adri's Swing Choir. Yesterday afternoon, we went to Lexy's Choir Concert. It was amazing all she has learned. It's a children's choir, that is taught and given in our local collage. I was amazed that they sang 3 songs in different languages. Bob's Daughter and family drove down from Michigan to surprise her in-law's for their 50th wedding anniversary, and invited us.

Today, I woke up with my tummy upset. I have to get back on my diet! I went to bed last night without eating, and do that a lot. Then I wake up feeling like I do today. I'm not getting enough veggies, and I'm eating too many carbs. I had lost 50 pounds, and my knee has really been hurting, I guess it put me into a depression, and I've just not cared what I was eating. When I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, I lost another 7 pounds, but my cholesterol was sky high.

So, I am telling all of you that I am going to eat healthy and try to exercise. I am going to count my carbs, eat less "white" food, and eat more vegetables and fruits. Hopefully, by telling all of you, it will keep me in line!!!

jor 11-05-2012 09:25 AM

I was down 40 lbs but seem to be stuck. My back has been bothering me so I haven't been exercising. I should probably find some things to do while seated and just do that. When I raked leaves my back and shoulder hurt terribly that evening. Don't know what I'm going to do . . .

I ate a lot of veggies and fish while we were away, but I ate some not-so-good things, too.

caterinafmig 11-05-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalaskowski (Post 19804222)
Good Monday Morning!!!
We had a very busy weekend. Friday, was our 15 year old Granddaughter, Adrianna,s Birthday Party. Saturday was Adri's Swing Choir. Yesterday afternoon, we went to Lexy's Choir Concert. It was amazing all she has learned. It's a children's choir, that is taught and given in our local collage. I was amazed that they sang 3 songs in different languages. Bob's Daughter and family drove down from Michigan to surprise her in-law's for their 50th wedding anniversary, and invited us.

Today, I woke up with my tummy upset. I have to get back on my diet! I went to bed last night without eating, and do that a lot. Then I wake up feeling like I do today. I'm not getting enough veggies, and I'm eating too many carbs. I had lost 50 pounds, and my knee has really been hurting, I guess it put me into a depression, and I've just not cared what I was eating. When I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, I lost another 7 pounds, but my cholesterol was sky high.

So, I am telling all of you that I am going to eat healthy and try to exercise. I am going to count my carbs, eat less "white" food, and eat more vegetables and fruits. Hopefully, by telling all of you, it will keep me in line!!!

Happy Birthday to your sweet granddaughter!

Sorry about your poor tummy and the knee is giving you trouble. Congratulations on losing another seven pounds. Eating healthier and exercise is always a good idea. Unfortunately, am limited so am very grateful for my friend who introduced me to Reliv supplements which has helped me a great deal. As long as I take the shakes at least twice a day, my weight is maintained, it is giving me more energy and alleviates the shoulder pain. :D

nikki1578 11-05-2012 10:11 AM

hope you all are having a good monday mine is ok, not feeling up to par today (monthly) :( stomach hurts so bad today :(

caterinafmig 11-05-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 19804392)
I was down 40 lbs but seem to be stuck. My back has been bothering me so I haven't been exercising. I should probably find some things to do while seated and just do that. When I raked leaves my back and shoulder hurt terribly that evening. Don't know what I'm going to do . . .

I ate a lot of veggies and fish while we were away, but I ate some not-so-good things, too.

Back pain is so debilitating - have you tried chiropractic? It is helpful.

scrappincanyon 11-05-2012 11:57 AM

Hi!

I'm so proud of my youngest daughter Corrie, she made All REgion Band! She worked very hard and did a great job!

I can't believe it is Monday again!

Joann and Linda - good for you on the weight loss! You are doing good!

Please say a little prayer for mom. she is having shoulder surgery tomorrow!

Thank you!

Sherry

jkincolorado 11-05-2012 12:48 PM

Sherry - good luck to your mom and congrats to your daughter!!

Nikki - I'm right there with you :(

Linda - hope your tummy is better.

caterinafmig 11-05-2012 01:07 PM

Sherry you should be proud of Corrie - congratulations!!!

Hope your mom's surgery goes well before, during and after as she recovers.

smileyj 11-05-2012 02:59 PM

Sherry- congratulations to your daughter. That is a great honor. Thinking of your mom.

Joanne and Linda- I am so very proud of you for losing weight. It is so very hard. Keep up the good work and DON'T beat yourself up for falling backwards once in a while.

nikki1578 11-05-2012 03:35 PM

Joan i got your lovely halloween card today :) love it :) thanks so much. Your always on top of those holidays :)

hope you all had a good day today.

jor 11-05-2012 06:15 PM

I am so sleepy. I don't know why!

RiverRat 11-06-2012 05:16 AM

Good morning, Paul has his 2nd interview this morning at 7:30. Hope he gets the job!

RiverRat 11-06-2012 05:19 AM

Sherry congratulations to Corrie , what instrument does she play? Hoping your mom has a speedy recovery.

Nikki, hope you feel better today

caterinafmig 11-06-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRat (Post 19806064)
Good morning, Paul has his 2nd interview this morning at 7:30. Hope he gets the job!

A 2nd interview is promising!!

caterinafmig 11-06-2012 06:16 AM

Good morning - be sure to vote today and take a friend with you!

jor 11-06-2012 07:06 AM

Morning! I stopped to vote on my way home from dropping Julie off. There were five of us there and more people coming in. One of the officials said it was busy early when they opened. I think Bill planned to vote on his way to work, but I didn't notice if he had signed the book! We voted with good 'ole pen and paper today!

It is COLD here this morning! At 5 am when I let the dog out it was only 22 degrees. Just at 32 when I took Julie around 9. YIKES!

Sherry - I forgot to mention how great that is for Corrie!!!!

Heather - praying that Paul gets the job!!!!!

jenguin 11-06-2012 08:17 AM

Voted. The lines were super long!

jkincolorado 11-06-2012 08:21 AM

Heather - looking forward to hearing Paul's good news!

I'm dropping off our ballots today - hopefully the lines won't be too long!

lindalaskowski 11-06-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappincanyon (Post 19804727)
Hi!

I'm so proud of my youngest daughter Corrie, she made All REgion Band! She worked very hard and did a great job!

Please say a little prayer for mom. she is having shoulder surgery tomorrow!
Sherry

Sherry, Congratulate Corrie for making the All Region Band!!! Great Job!

I'm praying for your Mom today for her shoulder surgery. It reminds me of my Rotator Cuff surgery that I had several years ago. It is hard to recuperate.

caterinafmig 11-06-2012 12:02 PM

Reynold & I just got back from voting and having lived here for nearly 42 years, have not seen such a long waiting line especially in this extremely blue state.

Looking forward to our dear friends coming tonight for dinner as we watch the election results together as we have done since 2000. They are bring appetizer, wine and dessert to along with our Sicilian dinner. :D

jor 11-06-2012 12:04 PM

Caterina - that sounds like a wonderful tradition with your friends!!!

I have a slight, but irritating headache today. I have a feeling one reason is that it is so DRY right now. Just that shift/change in weather can do it!

caterinafmig 11-06-2012 12:08 PM

Joanne try some a slice of lime on your head pain. It does help.

jkincolorado 11-06-2012 12:36 PM

We dropped off our ballots this morning and we waited for a total of 4 seconds.

It was a drive up outside of the motor vehicle office and it couldn't have been easier. So thankful we picked a good time to go!

Stopped by the post office and bought Christmas stamps. I usually love our PO, but this time I got a very crabby clerk!

Went to the gym and caught up on my celebrity gossip ;)

nikki1578 11-06-2012 01:37 PM

well went to work, had a good morning till about 10am i was feeling so clammy, weak, and wanted to pass out and sharp pains in my stomach. So i got wet cloth i started feeling some better then it happened again so the director told me to go home. So i decided to go to ER instead just to make sure nothing was going on with my Period. THey did ultra sound everything was negative, sugar was really low but since i have been on period since OCT 19th and loosing so much blood he was saying it was catching up. So i have drs appt tomorrow with the OBGYN to hopefully see what is going on. Went back to work to see if they needed me cause i was feeling better (of course when they gave me a pain pill) :) but she said no you go home and get rest we were really scared for you this morning. i said so was I.

hope you all had a great day today.

lindalaskowski 11-06-2012 02:15 PM

Nichole, I'm glad you are going to the doctor tomorrow. You've been puny alot lately! I hope you went home and laid down and at least rested. I took a nap for you. I didn't plan on it, but it just happened!

{{HUGS}} FOR YOU TO FEEL BETTER!!! :D

lindalaskowski 11-06-2012 02:32 PM

My husband and I voted about noon. There was only 1 couple in front of us, which was nice since it was starting to rain. They said it had been very busy earlier. We went to eat and run some errands. We ate, I brought home over half of my food. We were both too full and tired to run the errands!!! Maybe tomorrow!!!
I'm buying boxes for the grandkids to paint and decorate for their Mom for Christmas. The boxes are to hold all the cards that they have made and given her. They can use my embellishments, and I will take them to Hobbie Lobbie so they can pick things out too. I'm going to suggest them to decoupage, but if they have their ideas, that's OK too. I guess I'll have to purchase a box for the baby,.....do I leave it plain, or decorate it??? :confused:

hedgiemama 11-06-2012 04:01 PM

Nikki, sorry you had a rough day. Glad you have an appt.

Sorry for headaches, etc.... it is that kind of weather.
Snow for the East Coast? Can not believe!!

I am in orientation for new job. It is going well but I am bushed.
Gonna eat and hit the sack.

jor 11-06-2012 04:41 PM

Nikki - I am sorry you felt so bad today. And October 19!!! That is scary. I hope the OB/GYN can help you get this straightened out.

Hedgie - do NOT use the "S" word! LOL I think Caterina will agree with me!!! It sure is cold enough. But we will be in the 60s by the weekend. Mother Nature has such a sense of humor ;)

smileyj 11-06-2012 05:33 PM

Joanne- I can certainly agree with the fact that Mother nature has a great sense of humor. Are you feeling better?

hedgie- I am so proud of you for changing jobs. Good luck!

Nichole- Hope that dr has some answers for you! Take care!

Linda- Sounds like fun. Maybe ask the other kids if they want to help with the baby's box too?
We have been cool in the morning but it has warmed up to high 30's and 40's. I am happy about that.

jor 11-06-2012 06:08 PM

I am feeling better. I used some saline spray and I think that helped. It just got so dry so fast.

hedgiemama 11-07-2012 04:45 AM

LOL, sorry for using the "S" word!!:grin:

jenguin 11-07-2012 06:58 AM

Yes, Snow. :( I normally love snow. But we're expecting 30 - 40 mph winds and ice before we get the snow. I'm not working today so I can get ready.

First the earthquake, then the hurricane, now an ice storm!

jkincolorado 11-07-2012 07:18 AM

Nikki - I hope the dr. can give you some answers. Glad you're ok!!

Jen - your weather is not being kind!! Stay warm and stay safe!

jkincolorado 11-07-2012 07:19 AM

I'm already tired of all the nasty comments about the election. So happy that my phone won't be ringing every 10 minutes though!!

jor 11-07-2012 07:22 AM

Jen - this storm is not a welcome visitor. Not to anyone in the northeast! We might get snow out of it, too. YUCK!!!!

Jennifer - I'm avoiding the news, political pundits and a lot of other things. I am going to focus on positive things, things that make me smile, laugh and feel happy. Today I'm going to be stamping! I have plenty of other things I could be doing, but I decided that will definitely make me happy today.

I am very glad the political calls and ads are gone. I wonder how long it will take for all the SIGNS to come down by the side of the road. They are rarely taken down. And they are everywhere!

Stay safe, warm and dry my east coast friends. The rest of you, too, of course!

caterinafmig 11-07-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguin (Post 19808562)
Yes, Snow. :( I normally love snow. But we're expecting 30 - 40 mph winds and ice before we get the snow. I'm not working today so I can get ready.

First the earthquake, then the hurricane, now an ice storm!

Goodness, stay safe.

Have a friend who just recently moved to Vermont and was used to living in Ocean City. She said she love the area however not sure about the weather... what a grandma will do to be near her grandchildren.

caterinafmig 11-07-2012 08:21 AM

Cute chuckle from the male side of things....

Men's Rules

The floor is considered an acceptable clothing storage location.

Never ask me to purchase feminine products. Assume that I will come home with the wrong thing.

When we are watching your show and I change the channels during a commercial, do not hassle me that the commercials have probably finished, and to change the channel back. I always know when the timing is right. Also, when we are channel surfing do not ask me to go back, there was a good reason why I skipped it.

If you need help with the laundry, I am more than willing to carry it from the bedroom to the washer. In my mind this is half the chore and I am now free to return to the couch.

If I mention that a male friend of mine is allowed to do something it is not necessary for you to call his wife/girlfriend to discuss it.

If you don't like the way I am driving, close your eyes. And I would appreciate it if you would refrain from making that reverse inhaling alarmed noise. I haven't hit anything yet and if I do it will be your fault.

I go clothes shopping to buy, never to look.

Just tell me what you want me to wear before I get dressed. And remember that this takes me less than ten minutes no matter what the occasion is. After all, I am getting dressed, not getting ready.

Don't ask me if I prefer one outfit over another or if a certain accessory should be worn or not. I consider this a no win situation and would rather just wait for you to get dressed while watching TV.

If you want me to put the seat down when I am finished then you should leave the seat up when you are finished. It's only fair.

I will cook anything as long as it is on the BBQ.

Yelling to me across the house sounds exactly like stadium crowd background noise to me. I am not ignoring you.