Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   ***Misfit Monday (11-19-12)*** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/%2A%2A%2Amisfit-monday-11-19-12-%2A%2A%2A-t564616.html)

jkincolorado 11-19-2012 05:02 AM

***Misfit Monday (11-19-12)***

Happy Monday!

I should be able to share my news later today!

Planning to go to the zoo with my neighbor today. We're going to a park that brought in a heard of goats for weed mitigation and thought that would be fun to see. The zoo is close by so we're going to make a day of it. Might as well take advantage of the nice weather while we can.

caterinafmig 11-19-2012 05:32 AM

Good morning Jennifer, looking forward to your news!

jor 11-19-2012 07:22 AM

Good morning! It's beautiful here, today, too. If you are in the sunshine, it is really nice! We are supposed to get to almost 60 by Thurs and Fri. I prefer a cooler Thanksgiving since the oven will be on, but I'm really not complaining!

Jennifer - have a great time with your friend today!

I think I'm going to spend some time stamping this afternoon. It sounds appealing!

jenguin 11-19-2012 09:17 AM

Not sure if I told you all, but I had a job interview today. I nailed it and have a feeling I'll get an offer. It'll be a hard decision to make about what to do.

caterinafmig 11-19-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguin (Post 19834546)
Not sure if I told you all, but I had a job interview today. I nailed it and have a feeling I'll get an offer. It'll be a hard decision to make about what to do.

That is terrific Jen and trusting that your heart will guide you to make a good decision.

caterinafmig 11-19-2012 10:16 AM

Speaking of jobs.... Reynold got a call last week for a freelance job at a bank nearby and went for the interview this morning. They hired him on the spot! What a beautiful blessing and we are truly grateful to God. He starts next Monday, working two days a week. :D

jenguin 11-19-2012 12:47 PM

That's great news Cat!

smileyj 11-19-2012 02:51 PM

WOW! Cat and Jen- I sure pray everything works out on the job front!

nikki1578 11-19-2012 02:54 PM

great news Cat and Jen ;)

have you all seen the live reindeer cam its so cool :)

Santa's Official Reindeer Live Feed |*ReindeerCam

caterinafmig 11-19-2012 03:37 PM

Nichole, Camron & Conrad will love looking at Santa's reindeer. Thanks for posting.

nikki1578 11-19-2012 03:42 PM

your welcome :) they are just too cute :) love it i am watching them now. :) i figured you all with the young kiddos might enjoy. wish my 2 nephews had internet and they could watch them too. i showed the kiddos at school today.

caterinafmig 11-19-2012 04:57 PM

Cute Chuckle...

Fishing Bait

My sister-in-law and nephew Eddy were digging for fishing
bait in my mother-in-law's garden. Uncovering a many-legged
creature, Eddy proudly dangled it before his mother.

"No, honey, he won't do for bait," his mother said. "He's
not an earthworm."

"He's not?" Eddy asked, his eyes wide. "What planet is he
from?"

nikki1578 11-19-2012 05:16 PM

Santa just fed the Reindeer it was so awesome. He was playing fetch with his dog and talking to his deer too :) checked the mail and looked at the nice list :) it was so cool :)

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 05:08 AM

Jen - hope you get a job offer! What is the position?

Cat - congrats to Reynold!

Speaking of jobs.....

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 05:12 AM

BRANDON GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!

It's a social worker position at the VA!! Exactly what he wanted. Only small drawback is that it's not here in town so he'll have to commute. Hopefully he'll be able to transfer locally once a position opens up.

I'm so proud of him :mrgreen:

caterinafmig 11-20-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkincolorado (Post 19836351)

It's a social worker position at the VA!! Exactly what he wanted. Only small drawback is that it's not here in town so he'll have to commute. Hopefully he'll be able to transfer locally once a position opens up.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU!!!!

jor 11-20-2012 06:55 AM

This is a good month for Misfits and jobs!!! That is great news Jennifer and Jen!!!! Jennifer - how far will Brandon's commute have to be? I have friends who commute almost an hour or more - I think they are crazy. I hate commuting, but sometimes you have to do it for almost any job! So excited for all of you!!!!

I ended up with a sore neck and headache yesterday so I didn't get any time in my stamp room. Boo. I'm heading in there after I have a quick snack (yogurt). By the way, I've lost 40 lbs but I am stuck there. And the next few weeks aren't going to be easy. I had wanted to lose another 10 lbs by the end of the year. I'm thinking, I should probably revise that to only 5. And I'll be lucky if that happens.

RiverRat 11-20-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

That is fantastic news Jennifer! I bet Brandon is excited to start the new job. Congratulations to him, what a reward for all of his hard work.

RiverRat 11-20-2012 07:01 AM

Joanne, you've lost 40 pounds, that is an awesome achievement!!!! I am so proud of you, you can do this, don't let the number on the scale get to you.

RiverRat 11-20-2012 07:09 AM

Jen, thinking of you, hope you get the job offer. Wishing you peace in your decision making.

RiverRat 11-20-2012 07:11 AM

Cat, Congratulations to Reynold, what a compliment to be offered the job on the spot. I'm hoping that banking/lending is getting back on its feet. We are seeing progress here in Idaho with new construction and of course a lot of refi business with the HARP 2.0 program.

RiverRat 11-20-2012 07:23 AM

I'm pretty excited about today, I'm having my carpets professionally cleaned for the first time since we bought the house. They've been cleaned before of course, its usually me or sometimes one of the kids behind the big commercial cleaning machine that we rent.

Even moving all of my furniture last night after work made me giddy with excitement.

Clearly I need to get out more

lindalaskowski 11-20-2012 08:54 AM

I thought I'd better check in! I've not been doing very well. In fact, today I think I have a stomach bug, which is going around. We took Rachel, out to eat Sunday for her 7th birthday. She had just gotten over Strep throat, and her brother, Luke has the stomach flu. Rachel chose to eat at O'Charley's. She is such a sweetheart!!! I wasn't feeling up to going, but pushed myself, and it went well.
I got 2 more tables for my craft room. There isn't much more in the room except the bed. Hopefully, it will be gone by the beginning of next week. Bob can paint on his vacation, which starts Dec 9th. I bought boxes for the Grandkids to paint and decorate for their Mom for Christmas. Thought she could store all the cards the kids make and give to her over the years. They are supposed to be bringing pictures, so we can decoupage. Does anyone know how to get some of the back layers off of the pictures, so they aren't so thick? So, I'll have to take them shopping to pick out what they want to decorate their boxes with. Who knows when my Daughter will let them loose long enough!!!

Well, I'm going to go lay down for a while. I need to read posts and catch up on what you all have been up to! I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH ! ! !

nikki1578 11-20-2012 08:59 AM

Jennifer thats awesome for Brandon. :)

hope you all are having a great Tuesday so far. Mine is going good. had to go in little early today just 30 mins. Tomorrow I go in an hour earlier. but hopefully get off early so we can head to the cabin before dark. i so cant wait i am ready to chill and relax. No internet there so hopefully i can manage ;) .

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 19836600)
This is a good month for Misfits and jobs!!! That is great news Jennifer and Jen!!!! Jennifer - how far will Brandon's commute have to be? I have friends who commute almost an hour or more - I think they are crazy. I hate commuting, but sometimes you have to do it for almost any job! So excited for all of you!!!!

I ended up with a sore neck and headache yesterday so I didn't get any time in my stamp room. Boo. I'm heading in there after I have a quick snack (yogurt). By the way, I've lost 40 lbs but I am stuck there. And the next few weeks aren't going to be easy. I had wanted to lose another 10 lbs by the end of the year. I'm thinking, I should probably revise that to only 5. And I'll be lucky if that happens.

His commute will be about an hour each way. I'm just worried that he won't see Preston much during the week - he'll probably leave before he wakes up and might get home after I put him to bed. They are building a big VA here that's supposed to open early 2014 so hopefully he only has to commute for a short time. I'm so proud of him!

Congrats on your weight loss! You're doing so well!

jenguin 11-20-2012 10:59 AM

Great news Jennifer! That would have been my guess! :) Congrats to your hubby!!

Joanne - 40 pounds - that is fabulous!! Congratulations!!

No news on the job. Watch, I won't get it! I figure God will lead me to the right position.

My computer died last night. The battery had been going. I went and got a new battery today and it would not charge! I was seriously freaking out! I figured it was the motherboard. Called some places to get some estimates. I don't know what made me do it, but one more time, I took apart the plug/AC adapter, battery, etc. plugged it in and now it works!! PTL!!!

Now, I have to make sure my data is backed up. I use Mozy but I think it was only backing up photos, not documents and now that I am in school, yikes!! (Though I did have print outs of my papers.)

I am a VERY happy and thankful girl right now!

Today was Drew's class Thanksgiving feast. We did a pancake feast. We had regular and pumpkin (I made the pumpkin.) Then the kids could put on a whole bunch of toppings: strawberries, blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips, apples, syrup, whipped cream. We also had go-gurts and tater tots. The kids really enjoyed it!

jenguin 11-20-2012 11:00 AM

Great news Jennifer! That would have been my guess! :) Congrats to your hubby!!

Joanne - 40 pounds - that is fabulous!! Congratulations!!

No news on the job. Watch, I won't get it! I figure God will lead me to the right position.

My computer died last night. The battery had been going. I went and got a new battery today and it would not charge! I was seriously freaking out! I figured it was the motherboard. Called some places to get some estimates. I don't know what made me do it, but one more time, I took apart the plug/AC adapter, battery, etc. plugged it in and now it works!! PTL!!!

Now, I have to make sure my data is backed up. I use Mozy but I think it was only backing up photos, not documents and now that I am in school, yikes!! (Though I did have print outs of my papers.)

I am a VERY happy and thankful girl right now!

Today was Drew's class Thanksgiving feast. We did a pancake feast. We had regular and pumpkin (I made the pumpkin.) Then the kids could put on a whole bunch of toppings: strawberries, blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips, apples, syrup, whipped cream. We also had go-gurts and tater tots. The kids really enjoyed it!

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 11:04 AM

Jen - Glad your computer is fixed!! Hope it stays that way. A pancake feast sounds yummy!

Preston just now fell asleep. He's been in his crib for over 2 hours just chattering and rearranging his blankets. It was pretty funny to watch on the monitor. He wasn't crying, but I was beginning to think he would never fall asleep!

I've been stuck in Pinterest-land and now my head is swimming!!

jor 11-20-2012 12:43 PM

Afternoon! I can get stuck in Pinterest-land, too. Just what I need - something else to take up my time.

I was in my craft room and did a little but I am so tired. I have wanted to be in there the last two days, but I'm just not awake enough. Isn't that weird?

caterinafmig 11-20-2012 01:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just saw this picture on facebook of Alexander taken at his school - so very proud of our grandson. Also, a picture of our granddaughter, Athena, Alexander and our daughter, Janine taken at the Veterans Day parade.

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 01:58 PM

Great pics Cat!

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 01:59 PM

I made Chocolate Chip Cookies this morning and ate WAY too many! We're heading to the gym so I don't feel quite so guilty (and so I can have a few after dinner!).

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mmmm, warm cookies....

jor 11-20-2012 02:43 PM

HEY!!! I'm supposed to be on a diet! I just gained weight looking at those cookies!!!

nikki1578 11-20-2012 04:12 PM

OK ladies heading to bed now. :) hope you all have a great Turkey Day and enjoy your time with you families. I will be back on Saturday sometime. HUGS TO ALL.

hedgiemama 11-20-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Jennifer! That is wonderful! I just started a position at our VA here! It is very satisfying to take care of the vets. PM me the city he will be working out of....a guy in my orientation class just transferred from a VA in your general area.

jkincolorado 11-20-2012 06:29 PM

Brandon's very excited. He doesn't have a start date - all the background checks have to come back clear first. He hasn't told his current boss yet.

We have to go to Denver on Friday to get his fingerprints and his pre-employment physical.

smileyj 11-21-2012 04:44 AM

jennifer- I had 2 guesses, One was that your were expecting and the other was a new job.

Jen- I hope the job offer comes your way. I am envious of all the fun you have with your boys. I truly wish I had those years back. I was soooo busy working 2 jobs, Dh worked 2 jobs and then I volunteered with scouting and tried to be mom and dad. I never really enjoyed the boys.

Joanne- WOW 40 pounds. That is awesome.

Caterina- great pictures... a very good looking family!

Nichole- have fun!

I went to bed at 6:30PM and finally got out of bed at 6:50 Am. I had a bad day at work and an awful headache. The headache is still there .I am off until Monday!

who have I missed. have a great day!

jkincolorado 11-21-2012 05:52 AM

Joan - thank you for the nice Thanksgiving card!

I miss making cards. I decided last night (at 11:30) to make a card for the milk delivery driver that comes on Wednesday mornings. Preston's going to try eggnog for the first time this morning.

jkincolorado 11-21-2012 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
He loved the eggnog!