Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   ***Misfit Monday (10-29-12)*** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/%2A%2A%2Amisfit-monday-10-29-12-%2A%2A%2A-t563381.html)

jkincolorado 10-29-2012 07:07 AM

***Misfit Monday (10-29-12)***

5 Attachment(s)
Morning!

I've also been watching the storm and am worried for all the people who will be affected - especially my friends!

Preston's party went well. It was a FULL house!! He was exhausted after everyone left and slept for 2 1/2 hours!! Brandon worked all day yesterday at the hospital so Preston and I played with his new toys :D

lindalaskowski 10-29-2012 07:22 AM

Jennifer, I love the pictures. I remember last year, Preston sitting in the chair just crying his little heart out. He looks so much older this year!
I love the food table, especially the hippo with the dip in it. Very clever!!!

caterinafmig 10-29-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkincolorado (Post 19786925)
Morning!

I've also been watching the storm and am worried for all the people who will be affected - especially my friends!

Preston's party went well. It was a FULL house!! He was exhausted after everyone left and slept for 2 1/2 hours!! Brandon worked all day yesterday at the hospital so Preston and I played with his new toys :D

Jennifer, the pictures are terrific and so happy that Preston had such a great party!

caterinafmig 10-29-2012 07:30 AM

It is rainy and windy however the storm is still making its way so they say we will be hit hard later today.

lindalaskowski 10-29-2012 07:50 AM

I am speaking for all of us:

[COLOR="Red"*****WE LOVE YOU CATERINA****[/COLOR]

lindalaskowski 10-29-2012 07:52 AM

****WE LOVE YOU CATERINA****

(I'm going to stop messing with this)

jor 10-29-2012 09:30 AM

HI all! It has been raining steadily and heavily here since sometime during the night. Winds are kicking up now. But, as Caterina said, the storm hasn't even hit yet. :(

I'm wearing my Bethany Beach sweatshirt and hoping they don't suffer too much damage. They've been doing a lot of work to prevent flooding into the small little downtown. I hope it works.

Stay safe all my friends here. I think our friends Denise and Liz are going to be hit hard.

jor 10-29-2012 09:31 AM

Oh yes, and there is high tide and full moon right about the time this storm is due to hit.

caterinafmig 10-29-2012 10:16 AM

The wind is beginning to get stronger. Sending my best to all! <3

jor 10-29-2012 10:32 AM

You, too, Caterina.

scrappincanyon 10-29-2012 12:01 PM

to all of our Eastern friends, please stay safe! We will be praying for everyone!

Back from Houston, quick trip, but was fun! Xander is growing so fast, just makes my heart break to leave him!

Trying to get caught up from being gone! I think I'm close :)

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry

jor 10-29-2012 01:50 PM

Lost power once already. Marie freaked out. She is already complaining we were without power too long last time (2-3 days). We could be without for weeks. Please pray for us. This is the hardest part of this.

caterinafmig 10-29-2012 03:09 PM

Checking in to say we are good so far and am grateful. Have not heard this kind of wind noise since I lived in The Netherlands when our car door brooke of and flew away twice.

smileyj 10-29-2012 03:22 PM

Jen- Karen, Denise, Caterina, and Joanne-Take care! Please be careful! Hugs

jor 10-29-2012 03:23 PM

Caterina - that is scary!

The rains seem to have calmed a little, but the wind is increasing. It is now dark outside so it is scarier since you can't see outside.

caterinafmig 10-29-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 19788231)
Caterina - that is scary!

The rains seem to have calmed a little, but the wind is increasing. It is now dark outside so it is scarier since you can't see outside.

Trusting God to post angels all around you guys!

nikki1578 10-29-2012 04:25 PM

sending thoughts and prayers to all of you that are being in the path of this storm. HUGS TO ALL.

jor 10-29-2012 07:18 PM

We were without power for about 2 1/2 hours. Bill had a battery back-up for internet access and I was on facebook. I was so busy chatting with people that I didn't get anywhere else on the internet. It certainly helped pass the time! Marie was okay. She said now that we have power again IF it goes out again at least she had a reprieve.

I know that she loses rationale when things happen. And I know it isn't really on purpose, just part of her problem, but it is still hard to deal with at times. I'm just very thankful right now. Very thankful.

caterinafmig 10-30-2012 07:41 AM

Am so very blessed that we had no damage and never lost our power - PTL!!!! My heart goes out to so many who are not as fortunate.

scrappincanyon 10-30-2012 08:34 AM

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is ok????

I signed up to do a craft fair in December.........any items that you have made that sell well???
I'm going to sew some makeup bags, make some candy boquets, make some mini-scrapbooks and ?????

Prayers for everyone this morning!

Sherry

jkincolorado 10-30-2012 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Waiting for my friends to check in. Hope everyone is safe - it was scary just watching the news, I can't imagine being in the storm.

On a happier note, I made some goodies for Brandon to take to work today - Candy Corn Pretzels and Witch Hat Cookies. I have another goodie planned to make for tomorrow :D

lindalaskowski 10-30-2012 08:52 AM

Jennifer, your cookies are so cute!!! Sure wish we could try one across the internet!!!

lindalaskowski 10-30-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caterinafmig (Post 19790021)
Am so very blessed that we had no damage and never lost our power - PTL!!!! My heart goes out to so many who are not as fortunate.

Caterina, I am so thankful that you are fine!!! Not knowing exactly where everyone lives, made me worry! I also have a niece in North Carolina and another one in Virginia, outside DC. She lives in lowland, in a heavily wooded area. As of evening, her and her family was fine. I think most people were expecting Sandy and her damage to hit earlier.
My Son-in-law is in the area. He has a lot of work to do, and will be there longer than he wishes, I'm sure. He is a Lineman.

hedgiemama 10-30-2012 09:20 AM

I am so relieved things are ok for you ladies on the East Coast. Jen hasn't stopped in, hope she is ok too.

Jennifer your cookies are darling! You are so talented!

caterinafmig 10-30-2012 09:38 AM

Cute chuckle

Smart Lad

My nursing colleague was preparing an intravenous line for a
15-year-old male patient. The bedside phone rang, and the
boy's mother reached over to pick it up. After talking for a
few minutes, the mother held the phone aside, turned to her
son and said, "Your dad is asking if you've got any cute
nurses."

The boy gazed at the nurse, who had the needle poised above
his arm, ready for insertion. "Tell him," he replied,
"they're gorgeous."

jor 10-30-2012 10:10 AM

Afternoon. We in PA weathered this storm so much easier than many others. Jen posted on Facebook that she is still without power. My parents are without power. My brother called this morning to check on us - they are fine, too. They never lost power in their part of CT. My SIL checked in with my cousin who lives near my parents (on the street behind my parents). They are fine. I just wish mom would use her cell phone. It isn't even turned on. . .

I am so thankful for all those people who are out there working on downed trees and flooded areas. It is scary. And the cost to repair and rebuild even worse. I pray for all those involved.

nikki1578 10-30-2012 03:15 PM

still thinking about all. hope you had a great day today

jennifer love the goodies :)

our party was today and one of our parents made bones took the pretzels sticks stuck marshmallows on the ends and dipped in white choc those were too cute seen them before on pinterest. the kids wore their costumes and so did teachers and the teachers were entered in contest we find out winner tomorrow. :) i didnt dress up though . my partner was a cat she was cute. :) the kids went and did trick or treat door to door of the classrooms it was fun but it was a BUSY and LONG day.

hope you all have a great wed. i sat out a pumpkin with blowpops on the porch for tomorrow night not sure if i will make it back in time for the treators i have dinner plans with a friend from Publix and DH has to work tomorrow night not sure if will have any or not but thought they could take a pop out of the pumpkin if we did.

jenguin 10-30-2012 04:01 PM

Power is back on! We're ok. It was super scary last night. The winds were very bad. My dad and brother in nj are ok but without power. Dad said he is cold and it's very dark. He rarely loses power. I wish he was at my brothers!

Hoping for a good night of sleep tonight. Slept with the boys last night so I didn't sleep much. I was so scared!

nikki1578 10-30-2012 04:34 PM

Jen so glad you checked in HUGS to you guys. Hope your dad and brother will be ok as well.

jkincolorado 10-30-2012 06:18 PM

Jen - I'm so glad you checked in too and are safe.

Nikki - those Pretzel bones sound cute. I'll have to look them up.

hedgiemama 10-30-2012 08:08 PM

I am so sad about the East Coast probs...

Everyone I know is safe. I hope that is the news I continue to hear....

jor 10-31-2012 06:10 AM

Jen - NJ and NY got hit hard. I'm glad your dad and brother are okay. If your dad is like my parents, he wouldn't leave his home anyway.

One of my cousins (I have a LOT) posted on facebook this morning that they have power. I hope my parnets get it back soon, too.

It is chilly here this morning. I am fairly certain the heat came on. We might have even had a frost, I'm not sure. It is still grey - boo! I thought I saw sunshine when I woke up, but I was wrong.

jenguin 10-31-2012 06:24 AM

Happy Halloween!

It's going to be a loooong day!

Slept OK. Took a xanax because we had thunderstorms as the hurricane moved back through! Crazy!

Had to be up early to take my oldest to the endocrinologist. Then drop kids off at school (2 hour delay) and in an hour I have to head to school to run Drew's Halloween class party.

Then back home, maybe eat out (couple restaurants have kids eat free today) and t or t at 5 - 7 tonight.

hedgiemama 10-31-2012 06:32 AM

Jen-Glad to hear you are doing ok...glad you got some rest.
I'd say a meal out tonight, is in order!

lindalaskowski 10-31-2012 06:50 AM

I'm so glad to hear from every one and that you all fought Sandy and won!!! I'll have to call my DIL to find out where Bob's Son is working. With Catrina, he was down there over a month, then he came home for a week, then back down. I imagine it will be the same with Sandy. They have 3 small children, and Lorie had to learn early in their marriage that that is the life of a lineman. He usually works at least 12 hours a day, and it can be quite dangerous. BUT he makes loads of money! HA!!! He's been in Connecticut 2 days before Sandy hit.

caterinafmig 10-31-2012 07:13 AM

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

A Halloween Fairy Tale

There lived a man who was very unhappy because he was deeply
in love with a girl who didn't know he was alive. In
desperation, he visited a coven of witches who lived nearby
and presented his case before them.

Touched by his tale of woe, and impressed with the young
man's appearance, manner, and bearing, they decided to help
him. They worked their magic and eventually presented the
young man with several small objects that looked like
capsules. "Bury these under the window of your beloved under
a full moon and she will love you," they instructed.

Doubtful, the young man resolved nevertheless to do as the
witches instructed. On the very next full moon, he
stealthily made his way over to his beloved's house and
carefully buried the capsules in the rich loam beneath her
window. Nothing happened right away, but, trusting the
wisdom of the old ladies, he went home to see what the next
day would bring.

The next morning, he walked hopefully over to the girl's
house and rang her doorbell. She opened the door, saw it was
him, and grabbed him. She hugged him, kissed him, and
invited him in for lunch. Their courtship was short but
passionate, and within a month they were happily married.

Late one night after they had been married, the young man
visited the coven again. "I just want to thank you ladies
for your help. My life is everything I could have desired."

"No problem, dearie," said one of the old ladies. "After
all, nothing says lovin' like something from the coven, and
pills buried says it best."

jor 10-31-2012 09:21 AM

Linda - a friend of ours in CA is also a lineman. I don't know that he has had to leave the state but I know he works horrendous hours.

My mom called. She got her cell phone working. Her neighbor told her to turn the phone off and then on again. Well, what do you know? That worked! The neighbor's husband couldn't get his to work and she suggested this. So they suggested it to mom.

Mom said they ventured out to the grocery store today. Trees down on their street, which is a state road. Once the trees are taken care of, I hope the power is restored soon, too. What a mess.

hedgiemama 10-31-2012 09:28 AM

The clean up is going to one long process. My heart goes out to all.

Happy Halloween everyone!
Joan, your card is adorable. I saved it for today to open!:D

lindalaskowski 10-31-2012 09:42 AM

I just need to vent. My knee (replacement) has felt like I twisted it or something for the last few days. I've been just taking pain meds and no big deal. So, this morning, It REALLY hurts. I can actually feel it through my skin (and fat) on the outside part of my knee, and it is catching when I lift my knee. The last couple of days both knee caps feel like there is crushed glass in them, especially when I go upstairs. I know I need to call the Dr, but I am scared to!!! I read an article a couple weeks ago about knee replacements and the great percentage that need to be redone within the 1st year. That pain is TERRIBLE, and I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE ! ! !
I am going to stay off my feet today, Ice it and see if it is any better tomorrow. If not, I'll call the doctor in the morning.
CRAP, CRAP, CRAP ! ! !

jor 10-31-2012 09:53 AM

Oh Linda! I'm sure you don't want to call the doctor, but maybe it will be a simple solution. Please call!!! I'm sorry!!!!!!!