Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   ***Misfit Monday (10-15-12)*** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/%2A%2A%2Amisfit-monday-10-15-12-%2A%2A%2A-t562661.html)

jkincolorado 10-15-2012 07:12 AM

***Misfit Monday (10-15-12)***

We're home!!

We had a great time in Albuquerque. The balloons were amazing and they had some really cool shapes this year. We also went to the aquarium, biopark and zoo. The trip went by way too fast!!

I'll catch up on posts and share some pictures soon.

jor 10-15-2012 07:24 AM

Welcome Home Jennifer! Glad you had such a great time. It is fun to get away, isn't it?

Can't wait to see pics!

It is warm today, but we are expecting rain later as well. It will get cooler tomorrow. I hope to stamp today. I hope, I hope!

scrappincanyon 10-15-2012 07:48 AM

Happy Monday!

Jennifer - I love balloon fest! It is so much fun!

Weather here is beautiful!

I did not accomplish one thing this weekend! I really need to find some mojo!

Sherry

caterinafmig 10-15-2012 07:53 AM

Happy Monday!

Jennifer sounds like you had a good time!

nikki1578 10-15-2012 08:12 AM

happy MONDAY :) on break from work, be back later today heading back to work in 5 mins. will catch up then.

Jennifer cant wait to see pics.

smileyj 10-15-2012 11:36 AM

jennifer- Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I can't wait t see pics of that wonderful smiling little guy. Of course, you and DH too!

Nichole- are you feeling better today?

I made cookies and mini cupcakes to bring to the wake. If they don't need them I'll ask them to take them to the funeral luncheon. I asked today about a day off. My boss said that it would be very difficult. But if I really wanted the day off, my co-workers would manage. Plus a few other things. Well, at least she didn't outright say NO! I am going to work! It would be a living hell at work with 2 people already gone.

jor 10-15-2012 01:58 PM

Joan - that is awful that you can't take off for this funeral. I really wish you could find a different job. Or better yet, not have to work at all. I am so sorry.

jenguin 10-15-2012 03:21 PM

Joanne - I got your package! Have I remembered to send out a check? Nope! I will do that tonight, once I find my checkbook. LOL

Joan - you should take off if you want to go! Then they will realize all that you do!

Had a post typed up earlier but lost it. Sigh.

jor 10-15-2012 03:22 PM

Jen - I know where you live. And I trust you! Glad it arrived rather quickly.

nikki1578 10-15-2012 04:48 PM

Joan sorry about you cant go to the funeral. :( And I am feeling some better really. as long as i dont sit long on my left hip i am good. its so funny cause I figured my right side would be sore for ever now it has went to my left hip. if not better in few days i might go have it checked out it hurts to walk sometimes. not all the time but like i said if i sit for awhile.

well EX SIL sent me a picture of the new baby hes such a cutie. I just wished that he didnt have a mom like her. oh well.

caterinafmig 10-15-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyj (Post 19754996)
jennifer- Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I can't wait t see pics of that wonderful smiling little guy. Of course, you and DH too!

Nichole- are you feeling better today?

I made cookies and mini cupcakes to bring to the wake. If they don't need them I'll ask them to take them to the funeral luncheon. I asked today about a day off. My boss said that it would be very difficult. But if I really wanted the day off, my co-workers would manage. Plus a few other things. Well, at least she didn't outright say NO! I am going to work! It would be a living hell at work with 2 people already gone.

Joan, extremely sad that your boss seems to be so uncaring.

scrappincanyon 10-16-2012 08:35 AM

Good Morning!

Hope everyone is well this morning!

DH just left for San Antonio for a work meeting, he'll be gone a couple of days, so guess it will be me and Corrie!

Next week I'm going to houston to help a friend with an estate sale, but will get to see Xander Too! Can't wait! I miss him so much!

Nikki - I hope you get over your soreness soon! It just stinks when it hurts to walk!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry

jkincolorado 10-16-2012 11:57 AM

Joan, your boss is ridiculous! I think you should go to the funeral and let her deal with the situation at work.

Nikki - sorry to hear you fell. We took a shuttle to the park and as I was getting off, I slipped down the stairs. Luckily I was holding on so I didn't go flying but it was still embarrassing!

Sherry - so glad you get to see Xander again.

We're doing laundry and cleaning today. I'm putting Preston to work - I give him little jobs to do and he loves to help!

jkincolorado 10-16-2012 11:58 AM

I posted pictures from our trip on Facebook - way too many to post here :D

smileyj 10-16-2012 03:37 PM

I have an awesome son. he went to the funeral and then picked me up after work and brought me to visit with my family for the luncheon afterwards.

I am off for the next 5 days. DH my sister and her DH are going to Branson, MO. I need some RR. We don't always get along with her DH. But are planning to just go with the flow! See you when I get back. Take care of yourselves. Hugs

jenguin 10-16-2012 03:39 PM

We just had a 4.6 magnitude earthquake. In NH. I'm fine. It was terrifying!

jor 10-16-2012 03:47 PM

Jen - had you ever experienced one before?

jenguin 10-16-2012 04:04 PM

Little ones, I think. Nothing like this. I actually FELT the house move sideways. Glasses were clinking, stuff in the drying rack fell over. I was very afraid, I think because I'm alone tonight, but more so because they are digging up the road directly in front of my house and replacing huge concrete drainage canals (the tubes are at least 6 feet across). I honestly thought my house was falling into a sinkhole!

caterinafmig 10-16-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguin (Post 19757798)
We just had a 4.6 magnitude earthquake. In NH. I'm fine. It was terrifying!

Jen, just heard on the news! Very scary! Grateful that you are okay.

nikki1578 10-16-2012 05:11 PM

Jen how scary but glad your ok.

Joan have a great trip. enjoy your time. :) you so deserve it.

Jennifer love all the pictures you posted on facebook.

I am feeling lots better today not as sore. So thats a good thing. We had a parent come in and carve a pumpkin today. The kids loved it. Its so great to get the parents involved in what their kids are doing.

jor 10-16-2012 07:07 PM

Jen - when we had our last earthquake (last year) I felt the house moving, too. It was like being in a rocking chair. Very strange. I think if the road work had been going on, I would definitely have thought that was the cause. I would have been very scared as well.

Nikki - glad you aren't as sore.

I spent a lot of time in my craft room today. I felt like organizing and consolidating and purging. I packed a large box of stuff I'm going to donate. As soon as I filled and sealed the box, I found a few more things that can go! I'll just start another box. I was hoping to get rid of some of those stamp sets. I don't mind donating, but it is going to cost me a fortune in postage. I should find a local place instead.

I made good progress and can still do more, but my back started to hurt BIG TIME. I'm so disappointed as I was feeling better the last week and was going to start my exercising again. But after dinner, I stood up and almost fell over. It was painful to stand up straight. I'll be using Advil and a heating pad tonight. I'm frustrated and discouraged that I can't be moving/exercising more. I know I'd be losing more weight if I could do that regularly.

RiverRat 10-17-2012 04:46 AM

Good morning, Jennifer love the pics of the balloon festival, it looks like you had fun!

I am in the finishing stages of my craft room remodel, I've even used it already, working on a fall decor project. Not that we have had a lot of fall weather, it was 77 on Monday.

Paul is still looking for a job....... Projects keeping him busy I think that's what has been keeping him sane.

RiverRat 10-17-2012 04:49 AM

Joan, I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. Its unfortunate that your boss wasn't a caring human, no excuse for her. How nice of your son to pick you up for the luncheon.

RiverRat 10-17-2012 04:51 AM

Oh bummer, I have more I wanted to comment on but I need to get ready for work. Hope you all have a lovely day

jor 10-17-2012 04:55 AM

Hi Heather! Sorry I missed you this morning! Hope you have a good day at work. A friend of ours is unemployed for the third time in less than four years. So many people out of work. I hope Paul finds something soon.

Tought night sleeping. It wasn't even my back, just the usual insomnia. After I take Julie to school, I might actually take a nap today. I've been trying to avoid that but I think with my sore back and lack of sleep, MY FAMILY will appreciate it.

caterinafmig 10-17-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRat (Post 19759568)
Good morning, Jennifer love the pics of the balloon festival, it looks like you had fun!

I am in the finishing stages of my craft room remodel, I've even used it already, working on a fall decor project. Not that we have had a lot of fall weather, it was 77 on Monday.

Paul is still looking for a job....... Projects keeping him busy I think that's what has been keeping him sane.

Heather you will have to show pictures after the remodel is done.

Hope Paul gets an open door to a job soon.

caterinafmig 10-17-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 19759589)
Hi Heather! Sorry I missed you this morning! Hope you have a good day at work. A friend of ours is unemployed for the third time in less than four years. So many people out of work. I hope Paul finds something soon.

Tought night sleeping. It wasn't even my back, just the usual insomnia. After I take Julie to school, I might actually take a nap today. I've been trying to avoid that but I think with my sore back and lack of sleep, MY FAMILY will appreciate it.

Joanne bummer about not being able to sleep. :(

Have you tried using natural melatonin? That is what I take (extra strength) and it works well for me. It takes time to build up in your system however I find it preferable to other meds.

jkincolorado 10-17-2012 05:14 AM

Jen - glad the earthquake wasn't damaging. I would have been scared too!!

Joan - enjoy your time off. Relax and don't think about work!!

Heather - good to see you. Hope Paul finds a job soon. How is he doing?

Joanne - hope your back is better today. I wasn't sleepy last night and stayed up until 12:30. I woke up wide awake at 6:00 and have stayed up. That's not like me - I like my sleep!!

scrappincanyon 10-17-2012 07:30 AM

Good Morning! It is hump day!

Jen - How scary for you! I'm glad you are ok!

heather - nice to see you! Prayers for Paul to find a great job! and I'm like Cat, please post pics of your new stamping/crafting room! would love to see it!

Joann - sorry your back hurts! Hang in there!

Joan - Have a nice few days off, you deserve them!

It is really fall here now and it is very pretty. I love all the trees changing colors!

Sherry

jkincolorado 10-17-2012 07:39 AM

I'm watering outside today. I'm trying to keep our grass green and our flowers alive until Preston's birthday party. It is chilly today!

nikki1578 10-17-2012 08:04 AM

home for lunch tomorrow is our pumpkin patch day the kids are so excited. today the owner came in my room and said Nichole just wanted you to know that I enjoy having you hear as my prek teacher you r a hard worker and so nice and its nice to know that i can go home and know that my Prek class is being taken care of. That was so sweet of her. I was really honored to hear her say that. You would NEVER hear anyone say that at my last place of employment at ALL. I am so glad God has lead DH and I on a new journey. I love it there and the people are so sweet and caring as well.

caterinafmig 10-17-2012 06:04 PM

Reynold took me over for a nice massage while he went to the VA for his flu shot. Wish I could have a massage every week but grateful for the ones I do get. :D

caterinafmig 10-17-2012 06:11 PM

I know of someone who would do some of these.... :D

House Husband

This week my husband is at home and playing "house husband." I left a list of things for him to do. He thought it was soooooo easy I thought I would share it with you. :)

Make the beds......What a waste of effort, we're only going to sleep in them again tonight. Forget that. Scratch one.

Pick up dog poop in yard.......It snowed last night, I don't see any dog poop....kids do you see any dog poop? Scratch two.

Drop your pants off at the cleaners.......Duhh... I'm on vacation I don't need them. Scratch three.

This is easy, what's the fuss. Think I'll go on the computer for a while.

Clean out Tupperware cabinet....... Uhhhh ...that's a hard one. GOT IT! Velcro on the door will keep them closed. Scratch four.

Mop kitchen floor.....The dog licked up that sugar spill from breakfast, floor looks clean to me. Scratch five. Good doggie go play in the yard. (He just loves rolling in the snow.)

Find something fun for the kids to do.....That tinfoil in the microwave thing was kinda fun. Scratch six.

This is way too easy. I'll have lots of time for the computer!!

Vacuum the carpets...... That's a hard one....... Hey kids wanna have some more FUN!! Scratch seven.

Feed kids lunch.....Hey kids, don't you have a friends house to go too? YESSSS!!!!!!!!! Scratch eight.

Clean out hallway closet...... Hmmmm another hard one. That's it!! Take enough out of the closet to close the door. Outta sight outta mind. Hmmmm this other stuff can go under a bed. Scratch nine.

Boy-O-Boy am I good! Lunch time. Pour some chili into the cracker bag and eat. Taaa daaa!! No lunch dishes !!!

Do laundry.....no problem I can do that while I'm on the computer. Scratch ten.

Fold laundry.....(Dang, 'ya know, I never noticed how many pink things this family actually wears! Gonna have to ask 'da little lady why she buys me pale pink underwear?? Hey!! Check this out!! A cashmere Barbie sweater, cool! Scratch eleven.

Put the laundry away....Baskets in bedrooms works for me. Scratch twelve.

This is way too easy. Wonder why women always complain about house work???

Water the plants...OOPS!! Good thing the carpet is absorbent. Scratch thirteen.

Grocery shopping. Buy toilet paper.......These old newspapers will do, besides, that's recycling and that's good for the earth.... Scratch fourteen.

Pick up the kids ......Yeah right; we're talking about my kids here. Parents will normally pay to drop them back off. They'll be back. Scratch fifteen.

Wonder who's on ICQ??? Awww, I have plenty of time.

Make dinner.....Easy! "Hello do you deliver? Uhhh double that. 'Ya I know we'll need more dinner tomorrow". Scratch sixteen.

Clean out the dog house......duhh.....the dog sleeps in our bed. Like that needs to be done! Scratch seventeen.

WOW!!! All done!!! Still lots of time to play on the 'puter and take a nap.......Man, this is sooooo easy.......Women must complain about house work just to make us guys think they're working. LOL

lindalaskowski 10-17-2012 06:21 PM

I tried to catch up, Bob and I had a little bug, and this is the 1st day I've felt like posting. All I've done is sleep!

Heather, isn't it exciting to have a craft room? I plan on working on mine tomorrow. I'd love to see some pics of yours! Might give me some ideas.

Jen, I would have peed my pants if my house started bouncing around like that!!!

I have a doctor apointment Friday. I guess my Cholesteral is extremely high. I'm sure I'm going to get a "talkin to"!!!

scrappincanyon 10-18-2012 05:50 AM

Good Morning!

Cat - that was very funny and unfortunately true on some accounts. Men just don't see what women do! Burt thinks as long as there is a path he is good! NOT! He tells me everytime he looses something it is my fault because I put it up! Not really, sometimes I've put it up, but alot of times he just lost it because he didn't put it where it belongs!

Jen - How are you doing post earthquake? I think I'm like Linda, I would have peed my pants if my house started shaking! Would not have been a pretty site!

Cool here this morning! I love Fall!

Sherry

caterinafmig 10-18-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalaskowski (Post 19761544)
I tried to catch up, Bob and I had a little bug, and this is the 1st day I've felt like posting. All I've done is sleep!

Heather, isn't it exciting to have a craft room? I plan on working on mine tomorrow. I'd love to see some pics of yours! Might give me some ideas.

Jen, I would have peed my pants if my house started bouncing around like that!!!

I have a doctor apointment Friday. I guess my Cholesteral is extremely high. I'm sure I'm going to get a "talkin to"!!!

Sorry Linda you and Bob have not been feeling well and hope that bug takes long hike and hope the appointment on Friday goes well. :D

jkincolorado 10-18-2012 06:35 AM

Going shopping this morning. Preston is obsessed with eating frozen blueberries and we ran out. He keeps asking for his 'beeo-beeo's'.

I also want to go to the party stores and get some things for his birthday. It's only a week and a half away.

caterinafmig 10-18-2012 06:45 AM

My daughter will be having surgery on her shoulder this Friday. Since she was a little girl, she loved horses and even worked on some horse farms during her teens. She also has own a few horses. Unfortunately, she has been kicked and thrown off several times over the years and now her shoulder needs repairing. Alexander will be with us on Friday and stay until Saturday morning.

caterinafmig 10-18-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkincolorado (Post 19762447)
Going shopping this morning. Preston is obsessed with eating frozen blueberries and we ran out. He keeps asking for his 'beeo-beeo's'.

I also want to go to the party stores and get some things for his birthday. It's only a week and a half away.

Goodness, Jennifer, hard to believe Preston is celebrating another birthday so soon for the time goes so quickly. Conrad will be five already on Sunday. The older I get the faster times goes. :D

jor 10-18-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caterinafmig (Post 19759654)
Joanne bummer about not being able to sleep. :(

Have you tried using natural melatonin? That is what I take (extra strength) and it works well for me. It takes time to build up in your system however I find it preferable to other meds.

I have tried it and it doesn't work for me. Not at all. I was very disappointed.