Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box Fun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/)
-   -   ***Misfit Monday (10-1-12)*** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/chat-box-fun-f288/%2A%2A%2Amisfit-monday-10-1-12-%2A%2A%2A-t561905.html)

jkincolorado 10-01-2012 06:30 AM

***Misfit Monday (10-1-12)***

Happy Monday!!

Happy October!!!

I love when the first of the month falls on a Monday.

We drove up to Denver yesterday to visit family. My SIL and BIL and their 2 kids (6 and 3) came to town for a football game. They were only here for a few days and didn't have time to drive down here so we came to them. My FIL, other SIL, and nephew from here also met us up there. We went out to breakfast and then to a fun center. This place was awesome, it had everything! Bowling, lazertag, arcade, bumper boats, mini-golf and go carts - something for everyone. The weather was beautiful and it was a very fun day!

Brandon and I drove to see the Aurora Memorial (I've seen it, he hasn't) and it's completely gone. Doesn't even look like anything was ever there. We ended our day with a great dinner at PF Changs :D

Pictures coming very soon!!

caterinafmig 10-01-2012 06:56 AM

Good morning Jennifer! Happy you had a good weekend. Hard to believe it is October 1st already.

We will have Conrad today and he will enjoy going to the Apple store with us for my next IPhoto lesson so he can play with the kid's computer stuff that they have there. Alexander laughs every time I tell him I am taking another IPhoto lesson and asks, "when will I graduate". I say probably never. ;)

caterinafmig 10-01-2012 07:04 AM

Chuckle for today...

Charity Better than Expected

Members of the Methodist women's church circle in one
Wisconsin town some years ago were disturbed because a
widowed church member and her three small daughters were
staying away from services. Finding the reason to be a lack
of suitable clothes, the ladies' group corrected the
situation in a generous manner.

When the little girls still failed to appear at Sunday
school, some of the ladies called to inquire about their
absence.

The mother thanked them sweetly for the clothing and
explained, "The girls looked so nice, I sent them to the
Presbyterian church!"

jkincolorado 10-01-2012 07:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Preston bowling with his cousin and Daddy and P on bumper boats:

jor 10-01-2012 07:40 AM

Good morning. I actually slept well last night. You all had better take note of that as I rarely say it! Woke up quite chilly this morning though. I was surprised that Bill hadn't shut off the ceiling fan! He is always cold.

Jennifer - I'm having coffee with pumpkin spice creamer. Yum!

I LOVE the picture of Preston and his cousin bowling. I love to see the older kids helping the younger ones. It makes me so happy!

lindalaskowski 10-01-2012 07:45 AM

Cat, We went to the Apple Store, thinking I would be able to ask a couple of questions. HA ! ! ! That place was packed with people wanting to buy the new IPhone5. There was a very nice guy that gave me some info, so it wasn't wasted time. I guess I will buy a couple books and try to learn some things on my own.

I have an upset tummy this morning. I think I am going to go lay down for a while.

caterinafmig 10-01-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalaskowski (Post 19721406)
Cat, We went to the Apple Store, thinking I would be able to ask a couple of questions. HA ! ! ! That place was packed with people wanting to buy the new IPhone5. There was a very nice guy that gave me some info, so it wasn't wasted time. I guess I will buy a couple books and try to learn some things on my own.

I have an upset tummy this morning. I think I am going to go lay down for a while.

Linda, the Apple store is always very busy, however, you can go online to the Apple one-to-one and get an appointment with no waiting time. That is what I do. As soon as I get there I check in and someone comes over and spends an hour with me to go over things. The same is true with the genius bar, just make an appointment.

nikki1578 10-01-2012 08:53 AM

hope you all had a great weekend. I did . I really missed my family. And I got to see some cousins that i hardly ever get to see when I go home. So it was a great time and visit. Met my brothers new "girl". she was ok. lol. I really wish he could find him a GOOD ONE. But anyway hope your having a great Monday, mine is a MONDAY for sure, its raining here, kids are going nuts today cause of the dreary monday. But overall its been an OK day. Chat later.

Jennifer love the pics

Cat loved your pics from last post :)

Joanne glad you had a great nights sleep :)

Linda sorry your not feeling well

Joan hope you had a good day today

Jen hope you had a great day today as well.

Sherry hope your day has been productive

HELLO TO ALL I MISSED :)

Hedgie been thinking about you hope your ok.

scrappincanyon 10-01-2012 10:55 AM

Happy Monday!

Has been an awful day at work! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

I did take a break and ran to a little local place and got a hamburger and a cherry lime for lunch! Their cherry limes are the best!

I'm only working 4 days this week, and am very excited about a long weekend!

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Sherry

caterinafmig 10-01-2012 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my sweet friend Jim Cabral and me at Fallfest - he also did the design for the addition we have.

jenguin 10-01-2012 02:41 PM

Having an AWESOME day!!

Worked today with the little special ed kiddos. Some tough cookies but it's very rewarding. Especially when you get them to do something they don't want to do. LOL Tomorrow is the high school so I can read and study!

Had my dental cleaning - no cavities!!!

Met with my professor. Got an A on my first assignment! I have to add one paragraph but she said otherwise it's A work. And what I have to add isn't on the assignment list, it's something she wants/will be updated next term. No biggie. So glad to have such good feedback!

AND, I booked our flight to Disney/Orlando for Feb vacation!!!! I'm using my unexpected tax refund. Got my dad's blessing....I thought he'd be mad because it is kind of decadent but he told me life is short, I should do it. It's going to be a BIG surprise for the kids. Not telling them until we go!!

AND, my BFF might be able to get my a condo for FREE with points if I want to rent a car. I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or stay on the property at a value resort. Leaning towards the resort so it's a true vacation and I don't have to drive at the end of the day!

scrappincanyon 10-01-2012 03:12 PM

Secret Santa

I have questionaires for the secret santa from:
Jennifer
Jen
Linda
Karen
Joan
Nikki
Cat
Sherry

I think I'm just missing Joann's. Joann please fill out your questionaire and get it back to me. I'm going to do the match ups tonight.

Sherry

lindalaskowski 10-01-2012 03:18 PM

WOW ! ! ! That's GREAT news all around today for you!!! You should be SO happy!!!

My Daughter and family went to Disney World in April, and they all loved it. They stayed on the property, and planned all their meals before leaving home. We wanted to go, but couldn't because of my knee. When my kids were little, we went 3 times. I have great memories of those magical times!!!

jor 10-01-2012 06:42 PM

Sherry - I am so sorry. I meant to do that this afternoon and got sidetracked. I sent you a PM, let met know if there are any problems.

smileyj 10-01-2012 06:43 PM

Jen- I agree with you dad. Life is too short. Sure wish we could have gone on family trips. Instead we went camping at the state parks in Minnesota.

Sherry- Hope tomorrow is better.

Linda- Take care of yourself.

Caterina- My boys tell me the new apple5 is not that wonderful. Glad you guys had fun!

Jennifer- What a great weekend you guys had. Preston looks so grownup.

hedgiemama 10-02-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappincanyon (Post 19722521)
I have questionaires for the secret santa from:
Jennifer
Jen
Linda
Karen
Joan
Nikki
Cat
Sherry

I think I'm just missing Joann's. Joann please fill out your questionaire and get it back to me. I'm going to do the match ups tonight.

Sherry

Sherry I didn't fill mind out yet! I just answered I needed a little time to think! Will do asap
Karen

jkincolorado 10-02-2012 07:46 AM

Jen - congrats on your 'A'!!

We enjoyed the Disney parks even before we had kids - it's a very fun place and we can't wait to take Preston someday. It's going to be hard for you to keep that a secret for so long but it will be so worth it to see their excitement!

scrappincanyon 10-02-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgiemama (Post 19723440)
Sherry I didn't fill mind out yet! I just answered I needed a little time to think! Will do asap
Karen

I had you on my list. But I was going off my memory when I sent out the message on missing questionaires and I missed you. I'm sorry, but no worries you are on the list :p

Sherry

scrappincanyon 10-02-2012 10:15 AM

today is much better at work! Whew, didn't think I would make it thur yesterday. I was in bed at 9pm and slept all night! sleeping all night is a first in about 2 1/2 weeks! It felt wonderful!

Match ups for Secret Santa are done and I'll forward the questionaires to you tonight! This will be a ton of fun!

even though my kids are bigger, I would love to take them all to Disney. Maybe one day we can!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry

jor 10-02-2012 10:21 AM

Well, I knew my statement about a good night's sleep would come back to bite me! NOT a good one last night and I'm dragging today. Doesn't help that it is POURING. Had my hair cut/colored this morning, picked Julie up from school (the road spray was awful, glad I'm not on that stretch again) and the girls go for their hair cuts shortly. When I get home I need to clean out the fridge. Lovely job.

When I couldn't sleep last night I decided to go clean up in my craft room yet again. I found two bags of things I'm going to donate to a women's shelter. Once I got those two bags of things out of there, EVERYTHING looked better. I also put away all my paper that was strewn out on the tables. It still isn't perfect, but it is better. Once I start playing again, it will look like a tornado hit, though!

jkincolorado 10-02-2012 10:51 AM

Sherry - glad today was better at work!

Looking forward to getting my SS tonight :D

jenguin 10-02-2012 02:24 PM

I'm looking forward to it too!

caterinafmig 10-02-2012 03:30 PM

It has been pouring like crazy today. We had Conrad this afternoon and he is in a wild eating stage.

Saved enough $$$ to get the downstairs bathroom tiled and the guy is coming back tomorrow to do the grouting as well as put in a new toilet. :D

caterinafmig 10-02-2012 03:32 PM

Cute chuckle and bet every parent can relate...

Gray Hair

When I discovered my first gray hair, I immediately wrote to
my parents:

"Dear Dad and Mom, You saw my first steps. You might want to
experience this with me too."

I taped the offending hair to the paper and mailed it.

My father's response was in the form of a poem:

It's a trustworthy observation
That nothing can compare
In the process of aging
With finding the first gray hair.

He signed off with this observation:

"That gray hair you sent is not the first one you gave us!"

caterinafmig 10-02-2012 03:33 PM

Saw the perfect glittery gold scarf yesterday and got so excited until I saw the price..... $128 YIKES!

nikki1578 10-02-2012 03:45 PM

cant wait to get my SS either :)

hope you all had a great day today, mine was pretty good.

hedgiemama 10-02-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappincanyon (Post 19724255)
I had you on my list. But I was going off my memory when I sent out the message on missing questionaires and I missed you. I'm sorry, but no worries you are on the list :p

Sherry

Thanks for your understanding. I will do asap...I have been applying for jobs the last two weeks and have been overwhelmed with paper work...can't wait til things get back to normal so I can chat again. When do you plan to send out the lists?

hedgiemama 10-02-2012 04:23 PM

What's hot this year? Any particular products that are must haves?

jenguin 10-02-2012 05:26 PM

I went through the SU catalog. I'm almost 100% SU for cardmaking and I haven't had time to scrap in forever, so I stuck with what I know. My list has so many ideas I actually will keep it as my wishlist so I know what I want to order next. I haven't been to a Michael's/Joanns in forever! It was fun making my list. I saw a stamp set I had never really looked at before and it intrigued me.

nikki1578 10-02-2012 06:22 PM

i am really sad tonight one of the students at the preschool in nashville lost their dad. his funeral was today. i have not gotten WHAT really happened i have text several teachers and i am getting different stories. I talked with one of moms that still goes there and she is saying it happened unexpectely. The two other people one said he shot his self and the other one said he got murdered. So i dont know. I am in contact with another "reliable" source as we speak right now so hopefully i will get some more details. I am so in SHOCKED and sad at same time. I can see him now pulling up in his truck and dropping her off in the classroom.

jkincolorado 10-02-2012 08:05 PM

Nikki - no matter what the cause, that's a very sad situation :(

jenguin 10-03-2012 02:27 AM

Did questionaires go out? I didn't get one!

lindalaskowski 10-03-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgiemama (Post 19725055)
What's hot this year? Any particular products that are must haves?

Karen, Didn't you get a "Big Shot," or similar die cutting machine a while back? Have you gotten any "Embossing Folders" yet? I think they are one of my most used and versatile items for card making. There is so many things to do with those machines! Mine is a Cuttlebug, and I love it!

caterinafmig 10-03-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki1578 (Post 19725441)
i am really sad tonight one of the students at the preschool in nashville lost their dad. his funeral was today. i have not gotten WHAT really happened i have text several teachers and i am getting different stories. I talked with one of moms that still goes there and she is saying it happened unexpectely. The two other people one said he shot his self and the other one said he got murdered. So i dont know. I am in contact with another "reliable" source as we speak right now so hopefully i will get some more details. I am so in SHOCKED and sad at same time. I can see him now pulling up in his truck and dropping her off in the classroom.

Oh Nichole, how awful, so sorry. <3

caterinafmig 10-03-2012 06:08 AM

Good morning, still a little wet outside, however, the tile guy is here and will be finishing up the bathroom today. :D Started working on the bathroom downstairs over 20 years ago, so am very grateful to be able to do this and get it done.

lindalaskowski 10-03-2012 06:28 AM

Cat, I was just talking to Bob the other day about redoing the upstairs bathroom. It is the only room (except the basement) that we haven't remodeled. When we had the kitchen and down stairs bathroom done a couple years ago, we had a new toilet and the floor done in the upstairs bathroom. So, all I really want to have done is a new vanity and sink, which Bob agrees. It also needs all the tile taken off, because it was a BAD DIY!!! Of course, then it needs new wall and tile, which Bob doesn't agree with! I'd LOVE to rip all that tile off one day while Bob is at work. It would be therapeutic!!! However, Bob and I would probably need therapy if I did it!!!

jkincolorado 10-03-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguin (Post 19725901)
Did questionaires go out? I didn't get one!

Nope, not yet.

jkincolorado 10-03-2012 06:42 AM

I'm watering the grass this morning for the first time in awhile. We just keep forgetting on our watering days. It looks ok, but I'm sure it's thirsty!

It's supposed to be 80* today and then cool down. Tomorrow's high is only going to be 55*! It's beautiful out right now - bright blue sky and no clouds. I think we'll go to the gym and then play at the park while it's still warm.

caterinafmig 10-03-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalaskowski (Post 19726408)
Cat, I was just talking to Bob the other day about redoing the upstairs bathroom. It is the only room (except the basement) that we haven't remodeled. When we had the kitchen and down stairs bathroom done a couple years ago, we had a new toilet and the floor done in the upstairs bathroom. So, all I really want to have done is a new vanity and sink, which Bob agrees. It also needs all the tile taken off, because it was a BAD DIY!!! Of course, then it needs new wall and tile, which Bob doesn't agree with! I'd LOVE to rip all that tile off one day while Bob is at work. It would be therapeutic!!! However, Bob and I would probably need therapy if I did it!!!

Linda, have a dear friend who was in the tile business and she taught me a great deal about tiling. The most important thing is that you get someone who really knows what they are doing and to be sure each tile is completely level. When you see tiles cracked or broken, it simply means the tile was not placed properly. The entryway was tiled first nearly thirty years ago and still looks great.

As for you ripping off all the tile, it reminds me of the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes when Kathy Bates tore her part of her walls down yelling "Tawanda" :D

caterinafmig 10-03-2012 06:49 AM

Chuckle for today...

Miracles
=========

So the Lutheran minister is driving down to New York to see the radio show
and he's stopped in Connecticut for speeding and the state trooper smells
alcohol on his breath and then he sees an empty wine bottle on the floor,
and he says, "Sir, have you been drinking?" And the minister says, "No, just
water."

The sheriff says, "Then why do I smell wine?" And the minister looks down at
the bottle and says,

"The Lord, He's done it again!"