Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 05:26 AM   #2081
Stazon Splitcoast

Christmas cards???? WHAT are those?!! LOL! I'm afraid that those might not happen this year. I decided that I will NOT stress over it this year...I just don't have the time to come up with an idea (welll....that is not exactly true, I have an IDEA but taking the time to see if it will work is another thing!) and I don't know WHEN I would get them done. I work full time this week (with a Christmas music concert on Wed evening, and an evening of baking for the "extra" teachers (band, computer, math, piano). That has to be done by Friday. YIKES!! I'm gonna stress just reading that! LOL
Exploring Creativity~blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-14-2009, 05:32 AM   #2082
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Christmas cards???? WHAT are those?!! LOL! I'm afraid that those might not happen this year. I decided that I will NOT stress over it this year...I just don't have the time to come up with an idea (welll....that is not exactly true, I have an IDEA but taking the time to see if it will work is another thing!) and I don't know WHEN I would get them done. I work full time this week (with a Christmas music concert on Wed evening, and an evening of baking for the "extra" teachers (band, computer, math, piano). That has to be done by Friday. YIKES!! I'm gonna stress just reading that! LOL
I hear you. I was figuring I was not going to send out cards this year and then a really simple (well... almost) idea popped into my head and I thought I'd try it. I'm going 'green' and using paper grocery bags on them. I'm still tweaking a bit, but I think I'll be able to manage these. But I need printer ink to do the inside and so I have to wait for a car. DS should be home by about 1:00, so maybe I can go after that. OD is only about 10 min. away.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 12-14-2009, 05:36 AM   #2083
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooo, just had an idea. I think I'll do our names on the computer as part of the inside piece. Then I won't have to sign them all (no help from the fam. on that). I am not one that has to put a personal note in every one.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #2084
Stazon Splitcoast

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
Ooo, just had an idea. I think I'll do our names on the computer as part of the inside piece. Then I won't have to sign them all (no help from the fam. on that). I am not one that has to put a personal note in every one.
Scary, but I still have the thought of sending something out. I just might do a short note on the computer. Of course I just might send a mass e-mail. Which just goes against everything in side of me as a card maker. But life is what it is and I suppose my family would rather that than nothing!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #2085
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Scary, but I still have the thought of sending something out. I just might do a short note on the computer. Of course I just might send a mass e-mail. Which just goes against everything in side of me as a card maker. But life is what it is and I suppose my family would rather that than nothing!
or perish the thought - send store bought ones!

Old 12-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #2086
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
or perish the thought - send store bought ones!
I did consider that, but would have to hide that fact from DH as he would NEVER let me live that one down! (not to mention all the snarkey comments I'd have to ignore about having all this stuff to make cards and then buying cards!) LOL!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #2087
Stazon Splitcoast

Unless I decide I need more, my cards are done. Still need to do envelopes yet.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #2088
Stazon Splitcoast

Sigh. I envy you. Just got notes/phone calls re: stuff for potlucks in the boy's classrooms. For this Friday. Think I'm signing up for the paper goods!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #2089
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

I have decided to send out the 18 or so cards I have...and then make snowy January cards next year for the rest of the list! haha

I got on a cleaning jag today. It's horrible. Who wants to clean? I'm talking DEEP CLEAN...cleaning closets, drawers, shelves. All those "tucked out of the way places." Whew!

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #2090

and now it's nearly 6:30pm...and there is no dinner in sight!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #2091
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmercedes View Post
I have decided to send out the 18 or so cards I have...and then make snowy January cards next year for the rest of the list! haha

I got on a cleaning jag today. It's horrible. Who wants to clean? I'm talking DEEP CLEAN...cleaning closets, drawers, shelves. All those "tucked out of the way places." Whew!
Uh, what does that mean?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #2092
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmercedes View Post
and now it's nearly 6:30pm...and there is no dinner in sight!
I came home from my workshop & threw together some lasagna. Should be done in about 10 min.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #2093
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok. Christmas Eve dinner is at my house. I don't know where my kitchen is, much less the rest of the house. AND I'm spending lots of time doing fun paperwork at work. Great. Just great! Guess what my weekend will be like!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #2094
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ok. Christmas Eve dinner is at my house. I don't know where my kitchen is, much less the rest of the house. AND I'm spending lots of time doing fun paperwork at work. Great. Just great! Guess what my weekend will be like!
Well, who invited these people? Do you do pot luck or something similar? That's what we do

We usually do Christmas eve at FIL's, but he's trying to work out either Sat. or Sun. instead - not sure why. And Christmas day is at my sister's.

I had 2 classes today - morning & afternoon - same class. As much as I love these classes, my back was sore from standing and I was pretty exhausted by the time we finished. Good thing supper was in the crock pot.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #2095
Stazon Splitcoast

I sent out a bunch of Christmas cards this morning, but I just couldn't shave off my list enough, so ended up making about 15 more tonight, but they are ready to mail and I'm done now.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #2096
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well, who invited these people? Do you do pot luck or something similar? That's what we do

We usually do Christmas eve at FIL's, but he's trying to work out either Sat. or Sun. instead - not sure why. And Christmas day is at my sister's.

I had 2 classes today - morning & afternoon - same class. As much as I love these classes, my back was sore from standing and I was pretty exhausted by the time we finished. Good thing supper was in the crock pot.
It's been our tradition....I have a full Mexican dinner at my house Christmas Eve (but! I cheat some as I buy the tamales from a teacher at school, throw the beans in the crock pot that morning and the rice is easy to make. The empanadas I will make this weekend and freeze so that leaves dessert). MIL serves the traditional turkey dinner for Christmas. Just my luck that I've been working full time this year and nothing is getting done. Going to have DH and kids start on the cleaning since the boys start vacation this afternoon (only 1/2 day at school)
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 AM   #2097
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I sent out a bunch of Christmas cards this morning, but I just couldn't shave off my list enough, so ended up making about 15 more tonight, but they are ready to mail and I'm done now.
I'm thinking that I'm going to go with Dawn's idea and send out Happy New Year cards...maybe (snort)
Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #2098
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Girls!! Are you all ready for the big day?!! Today is another "go at it" day and see how much I can get checked off (so why am I here? Because everyone needs a little break!! LOL!! I've got one load in the dryer ready to come out, another load in the wash....and the kitchen desk cleared. Now the fun time of doing baseboards and floors....ICK!! hehe)
Old 12-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #2099
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Girls!! Are you all ready for the big day?!! Today is another "go at it" day and see how much I can get checked off (so why am I here? Because everyone needs a little break!! LOL!! I've got one load in the dryer ready to come out, another load in the wash....and the kitchen desk cleared. Now the fun time of doing baseboards and floors....ICK!! hehe)
I'm so glad other family members are willing to 'have' Christmas at their houses & I don't have to clean for it.

My shopping is ALL DONE! I still have to do a couple of baked gifts. Everything else is WRAPPED! and under the tree! YES!!!

And yesterday, I pulled out another quilt that I started 5 years ago (before I started teaching every week) and worked on it a bit. This one is hand applique. Some blocks are all applique'd -- others are ready and then I still need to do the prep work on some more. Nothing quilted yet. It really feels good to get fabric in my hands again.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #2100
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm so glad other family members are willing to 'have' Christmas at their houses & I don't have to clean for it.

My shopping is ALL DONE! I still have to do a couple of baked gifts. Everything else is WRAPPED! and under the tree! YES!!!

And yesterday, I pulled out another quilt that I started 5 years ago (before I started teaching every week) and worked on it a bit. This one is hand applique. Some blocks are all applique'd -- others are ready and then I still need to do the prep work on some more. Nothing quilted yet. It really feels good to get fabric in my hands again.
MIL does do Christmas at her house....just never got up the guts to have her do Christmas Eve too!! LOL!! (JOKING!)

Since you are all in the wrapping mode....want to come and do mine? Actually, I think it will be mostly gift bags (less time)

I still need to try and do place settings....not that we need them, but I have an idea that will go with my decor really well, plus fulfill another DT requirement!!

Got a new computer for my christmas....but DH hasn't finished loading everything on it....getting used to the new set up. None of my blog links are on here yet (except yours and Dawn's) and I can't get to my messenger....the fire wall won't let me. I REALLY hate trying to figure out all this stuff as I'm sooo afraid I will do something to blow the thing up!!
Old 12-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #2101
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Girls! Just wanted to pop in tonight and wish you both a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS (and anyone else who might pop in!). I'm between baking projects. Have the orange cranberry bread cooling, the fudge cooling, the empanada dough chilling and I'm getting ready to make the orange/aniese flan. Dinner is here tomorrow and I still have gifts to wrap!
Hope you both have a wonderful holiday with you families!
P.S. Melody--the card is even more lovely IRL! Thank you!
Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #2102
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Girls! Just wanted to pop in tonight and wish you both a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS (and anyone else who might pop in!). I'm between baking projects. Have the orange cranberry bread cooling, the fudge cooling, the empanada dough chilling and I'm getting ready to make the orange/aniese flan. Dinner is here tomorrow and I still have gifts to wrap!
Hope you both have a wonderful holiday with you families!
P.S. Melody--the card is even more lovely IRL! Thank you!
You're welcome. And a Merry Christmas to you all! Tomorrow is baking day for me. We have Christmas at my sister's and will go to my FIL's on Sat. instead of Christmas eve (per his request). OK by me. Gives me an extra day to bake stuff.

My ws order came today. Hostess was happy to get her stuff before Christmas. I had tacked on one of the sale embosslits & an ink refill. I need to go through my supplies and figure out which inks I need to get refills for in January. I played with some paper & dies today, but no stamping. It's so nice to have a break from classes that I've really been taking a break from stamping. I think sometimes we forget to allow ourselves time off. But it sure feels good.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #2103
Stazon Splitcoast

Baking of the goodies is done. Managed to give myself a solid second degree burn if not a third degree on my finger. OUCH! Just in case you didn't know, carmel fresh off the stove should NOT be touched even if it is dripping! Have just the dinner stuff to make tomorrow. I'm cheating though. Tamales were bought from one of the teachers and just need to be thawed and heated. Beans will be out of a can this year vs fresh. Rice won't take long. And I'll finish the empanadas in the am.

I had hoped to make some cute name cards this year using a nutcracker image that matches my family room decor. Don't see that happening as gifts STILL need wrapping! Lol!

Girls at work loved all
the tags on their gifts. I used the tags I made for Tim Holtz's tags of
Christmas. Gave my ego a little boost! Hehe. I can't wait to just play with stuff
for the fun of it. Stress stamping takes the joy out creating

Geesh. My kitchen looks like a hurricane went through here. Guess I should go clean it up so I can do it all again tomorrow!

Have a good one and I'll sneak a peek at your blog tomorrow Melody to see if you've completed another quilt
Old 12-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #2104
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Baking of the goodies is done. Managed to give myself a solid second degree burn if not a third degree on my finger. OUCH! Just in case you didn't know, carmel fresh off the stove should NOT be touched even if it is dripping! Have just the dinner stuff to make tomorrow. I'm cheating though. Tamales were bought from one of the teachers and just need to be thawed and heated. Beans will be out of a can this year vs fresh. Rice won't take long. And I'll finish the empanadas in the am.

I had hoped to make some cute name cards this year using a nutcracker image that matches my family room decor. Don't see that happening as gifts STILL need wrapping! Lol!

Girls at work loved all
the tags on their gifts. I used the tags I made for Tim Holtz's tags of
Christmas. Gave my ego a little boost! Hehe. I can't wait to just play with stuff
for the fun of it. Stress stamping takes the joy out creating

Geesh. My kitchen looks like a hurricane went through here. Guess I should go clean it up so I can do it all again tomorrow!

Have a good one and I'll sneak a peek at your blog tomorrow Melody to see if you've completed another quilt
ROFLMBO!!! That's a good one! I'm sure it will be some time before I get another completed. I may post some pics of a few of the blocks I'm working on, but probably not until after Christmas. The blog is sooooo not a priority right now. It has been sorely neglected for a long time. I'm lucky to get in one post a week, if that.

Did you see the sneak peaks on Tim's blog of the new Sizzix Bigz dies being released at CHA? Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy cooooool!

We are getting more snow dumped on us. DD took my car to a friend's house this evening and just called to say she's camping there tonight -- good decision.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #2105
Stazon Splitcoast

I DID see Tim's new goodies and I can hardly wait for them to come out! I LOVE that flourish! I think mother's day can't get here soon enough! Lol!

Our weather has taken a turn towards cold, but no snow here,though the local mountains have a dusting. Crossing my fingers it is wa enough for the boys/dh to go for a planned bike ride tomorrow. Otherwise, I might get caught as to where the secret hiding place is for presents!

Got the kitchen looking presentable again. It's a shame cooking/baking requires one to make a mess. I might enjoy it more if I didn't have to clean up afterwards!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #2106
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I DID see Tim's new goodies and I can hardly wait for them to come out! I LOVE that flourish! I think mother's day can't get here soon enough! Lol!

Our weather has taken a turn towards cold, but no snow here,though the local mountains have a dusting. Crossing my fingers it is wa enough for the boys/dh to go for a planned bike ride tomorrow. Otherwise, I might get caught as to where the secret hiding place is for presents!

Got the kitchen looking presentable again. It's a shame cooking/baking requires one to make a mess. I might enjoy it more if I didn't have to clean up afterwards!
Oh, speaking of hiding places -- Years ago, sometimes I'd get a few presents really early and hide them and then totally forget that I had them or forget where I hid them. Or wrap them and forget what was in the box.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #2107
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL! I've done that. Instead of putting them in my usual hiding place (which is in the shower of the last bedroom (which is not used as such, but as my office/craft area. And usually you can't even find a path to the bathroom. There are advantages of having a messy craft area sometimes! BWHAHAAA) I'll put them somewhere else and forget about them. Which reminds me.....I put some on my shelves as I had to run the shower (was giving off an unpleasant odor from disuse.....)

Already got things rolling this am. Feeling pretty good about my time line. Of course, that could be thrown for a loop if it proves to be too cold for the boys to go for a ride this am!!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #2108
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Merry Christmas girls!

Hubby and I are out in CA for Christmas this year. It's been a rough couple months (I've been in CA since October caring for my MIL who passed away a couple weeks ago). We decided to stay on to have Christmas with my parents and FIL. We'll be heading home the day after Christmas. My boys will be having a late Christmas this year after we get home.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #2109
Stazon Splitcoast

Ms. Jeanne!! It's been FOREVER since you've visited with us!

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Sounds like you and your family have had a rough go of it!!
Is the sun shining today in your neck of the woods? Shining here, but kinda cold. Have the boys all bundled up like they live in the mid west and sent them on a bike ride with DH/FIL. FIL and oldest decided that they were going to try and ride 50 miles in 25 states for this next year. Today (if they don't freeze out) they are going for 50 miles in CA (figured that was an easy one!). Youngest and DH will ride probably 20 or so and then he and DH will hang out at a coffee shop and eat/drink hot chocolate.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #2110
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jeanne, it's good to see your face. I'm so sorry about your MIL. That makes Christmas especially hard. But I hope you have a good one anyway.

I did the ways to use it challenge, but need to get lunch on the table before I upload and then I am going to spend the afternoon baking.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #2111
Stazon Splitcoast

Just finished making the empanadas. Now to clean up that mess, make the cranberry/orange salad for tomorrow. Then wrap gifts. Then mop the floor and CALL IT DONE!! (welllll....maybe I should check my list first!)
Old 12-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #2112
Dirty Dozen Alumni

The sun is shining today! Glad the cold wind has finally gone away.

I'm heading to my folks this afternoon and then we'll head to my Aunt's house for Christmas Eve dinner (it's been 15 years since I've gotten to do a Christmas Eve with this bunch). Hubby will head over and visit for a bit and then head back to be with FIL and all his brothers and sisters (and families). Tomorrow we'll bounce back and forth between the parents - luckily they only live a few blocks away from each other.

At some point I have to try and pack up my car. I've accumulated a few extra things since getting here (we drove out with less than a day's notice) so that will be an interesting. adventure.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #2113
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, even though it was a sad event that brought you out here, it sounds like it will be nice to be with all your family this holiday (and a good thing too, hopefully!)

UGGHH!! HATE packing after going somewhere!! NOTHING ever fits like it should! Could you box up some stuff and ship it?

Had the thought that you left a house hold of men alone for a LONG time, Jeanne. Did everyone survive? Is the house still standing? (like they would tell you otherwise! snort)
Old 12-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #2114
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, baking is done except for what I'm taking tomorrow & I will work on that in the morning - actually baking it at my sister's.

My card is uploaded and posted on my blog.

I think we might be opening at least one gift tonight. No one seemed to want to be the one to make the decision. Just shows that the kids aren't little anymore (when they couldn't wait to tear into everything and I made them wait until Christmas morning except for one gift to open on Christmas eve.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #2115
Stazon Splitcoast

Dinner is done here and the kitchen is only partially cleaned up. Can't see the family room floor for all the tissue paper. Oh well! All the boys (including FIL and DH) are taking turns trying to race cars on the X-box. I am personally ready for bed! Lol! Dh informed me that the reason we don't entertain is because I become very $!/&@?! and not fun to be around! I had to inform him that today I spent the ENTIRE day getting stuff ready by myself while he was

out riding bikes so I'm allowed to be short with my patience!

(sorry about the typos. Trying to do this on my phone!).

Guess we are going to IL's in the am to open presents there ('cause heaven knows these kids didn't get enough stuff tonight!). Then the big lunch. Right now more food does not sound good!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #2116
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, we didn't open any gifts tonight. Guess that's gonna happen in the morning. I cleaned up all the dirty dishes after baking and then turned around and made more. I decided to prepare my food for tomorrow up to the point of baking so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning. I remembered that I had this cool tool from pampered chef that I could use to fill the won ton wrappers (in muffin tins), so that part turned out much easier and faster than I thought it would be. Alas, I needed to put these in the frig, which is stuffed, so I covered them all with aluminum foil, shoved the muffin pans in some big tupperware containers and put them out in the car in the garage. Yes, it's cold enough (upper 30's) to be a refrigerator. It's been raining most of the day, so I think they'll be fine out there.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #2117
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL!! Very creative idea!! Ended up cleaning up the rest of the kitchen last night. Well, washed the rest of the dishes and let them air dry. Actually having to do a load of laundry this am!! There's a reality show for you! hahaa!!

My kids got up at 6 am ready and rearing to go!! This after a full day of ridng bikes (youngest got in 40 miles on the tandem....oldest got in 48 on FIL's tandem) then staying up late last night playing with their new games (x-box). Oh to have so much energy!!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #2118
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Well, even though it was a sad event that brought you out here, it sounds like it will be nice to be with all your family this holiday (and a good thing too, hopefully!)

UGGHH!! HATE packing after going somewhere!! NOTHING ever fits like it should! Could you box up some stuff and ship it?

Had the thought that you left a house hold of men alone for a LONG time, Jeanne. Did everyone survive? Is the house still standing? (like they would tell you otherwise! snort)
Well.. if anything is destroyed I get to replace it.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #2119
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Well.. if anything is destroyed I get to replace it.
That's a tough call!! Having them destroy stuff~~BAD
BUT getting new stuff
Hmmmmm.......................
Old 12-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #2120

merry christmas!