Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #521
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I'm gonna hit the hay. Nice chattin' with you Dawn! Maybe I'll try to get back on here soon!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #522
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Okay...good luck with the start of the new school year! happy stamping!

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #523
Stazon Splitcoast

Looks like I missed all the chatting. But I need to get to bed anyway... early start tomorrow.

BTW... my wish list is over $600
Pinterest - SCS Favorites
Clean & Simple Weekly Challenges
Old 08-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #524
Stazon Splitcoast

AHHHHHH!!! I missed Barb!! I was thinking of her (you!) last week.......

$600?!!! HOLY MOLY!! I haven't even started a list....(don't know what is wrong with me.....I usually have....think this pup is taking up all my time!!) My boys are home from their vacation....maybe that will free up some time!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Old 08-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #525
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
AHHHHHH!!! I missed Barb!! I was thinking of her (you!) last week.......

$600?!!! HOLY MOLY!! I haven't even started a list....(don't know what is wrong with me.....I usually have....think this pup is taking up all my time!!) My boys are home from their vacation....maybe that will free up some time!
$600 is usually way below what I initially want - this time it's over $800 for stamps - that doesn't include any accessories. But you have to remember that the prices are higher, so that is to be expected. I know I will weed out a lot of those sets. Typically I will at least haphazardly categorize my list into 'must haves/need now', 'really want/can wait', and 'like, but could live without'. There are some sets that I know I will use a lot, so those become higher priority, because they 'pay for themselves'.

I'm not usually swayed by samples if I really don't like a set, so that usually isn't a problem for me. I'm much more likely to take stuff off my list than to add to it. I have a hard enough time coming up with ideas for the sets I like. It would be much harder to think up ideas for a set I'm not thrilled with. I've learned not to purchase a set simply because my customers might like it.

I know I can't order for another month, so I have lots of time to play with my first order (which will probably be only $150, possibly $200).

What's really kinda funny... I typed up my list, then went back through and picked out the sets I really love... about 80% were in the all natural section. hmmmmm...
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #526
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
$600 is usually way below what I initially want - this time it's over $800 for stamps - that doesn't include any accessories. But you have to remember that the prices are higher, so that is to be expected. I know I will weed out a lot of those sets. Typically I will at least haphazardly categorize my list into 'must haves/need now', 'really want/can wait', and 'like, but could live without'. There are some sets that I know I will use a lot, so those become higher priority, because they 'pay for themselves'.

I'm not usually swayed by samples if I really don't like a set, so that usually isn't a problem for me. I'm much more likely to take stuff off my list than to add to it. I have a hard enough time coming up with ideas for the sets I like. It would be much harder to think up ideas for a set I'm not thrilled with. I've learned not to purchase a set simply because my customers might like it.

I know I can't order for another month, so I have lots of time to play with my first order (which will probably be only $150, possibly $200).

What's really kinda funny... I typed up my list, then went back through and picked out the sets I really love... about 80% were in the all natural section. hmmmmm...
I like the nature ones too......My thing is....too many flowers, seriously. I'm soooo not the girly girl and have soooo many flower sets and I just don't use them. I have BOYS!!! (one is closing in on being a TEEN boy....)flowers just don't fly around here. My other problem....when I bought cards before this little hobby, (hehe) I either bought snarky (think Maxine style) or very simple, clean. When I first got into stamping I was swayed by samples (and now have a bunch of sets that I hardly/never used and now need to get rid of. Lately, I buy sets that I like and won't mind keeping for a LONG time (even after retirement) or that I can use for teacher/classroom gifts.

I need to go S....L....O....W....L...Y thru the catty again and see if the sets that first caught my eye still do and start making my list. And then consider the accessories. Love accessories and NEVER use them! BWHHAAAA!!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Melody... I'm the same way with weeding out sets as time goes on. Here's my first order:

Holiday Lineup
Crazy for Cupcakes
Under the stars

wide oval punch
scallop edge punch

In-Colors
ribbon
Sweet Always DP

I'm so excited!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #528
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Boo View Post
Melody... I'm the same way with weeding out sets as time goes on. Here's my first order:

Holiday Lineup
Crazy for Cupcakes
Under the stars

wide oval punch
scallop edge punch

In-Colors
ribbon
Sweet Always DP

I'm so excited!
Interesting. Not one of those stamp sets does a thing for me. Our tastes are so different. Top of my list is Inspired by Nature. I hate the fact that it's double mounted and I will not mount it that way. I will probably have my BIL cut some blocks for me.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #529
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Holiday Lineup
Crazy for Cupcakes
Under the stars

wide oval punch
scallop edge punch

In-Colors
ribbon
Sweet Always DP

I'm so excited!
going to have to look these up and see what you are getting....
I know that I like the reindeer in Holiday Lineup....the other are ok....nothing like WOW.....
have already ordered the scalloped punch....will get the oval (since I have the others, I NEED that one too, right?!) and I ordered the pack special with the in colors....why? I don't know.....cause I know that I will end up with them anyways and then at the end of the year I'll cuss my self out for buying them and then never using them again....grrrrr
Old 08-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #530
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:

Ok, my wish list is not even close to either one of you. My first order will probably be close to the 150 but just on my first pass through the catty, there are not a whole lot of sets that are reaching out and saying "buy me" in the catty. The ones that do, are in the nature section,and that train set. Accessories, are a different story. I'm thinking I need a few of those.

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Sr. Design Team Member Mark's Finest Papers,
Old 08-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #531
Proud Fan Club Member

I haven't really even begun to think about what accessories I need. I got the scalloped border punch, one level 3 hostess set and one stamp set on preorder, but that was it. I just didn't have enuff $$ to get more and would rather get hostess stuff from the new catty, so everything else has to wait.

I usually get a multi pak of in-color cs and maybe a couple of the inks to start with. I really don't like the fact that they retire in a year.

I love all the punches - will probably get the lg. oval, 1-3/4" circle, scallop square, trio flower, and the curly label bundle (which isn't overpriced this year with a box and ink cubes that I don't need). Plus I know I will get some of the dies to use in my cuttlebug. Can't see buying the bigshot when I already have the bug.

Other than that, it's mostly just replenishing stuff I run out of like ink, cs, glue dots, etc. I don't usually buy dp or designer ribbon and I think the designer buttons are waaaaaaaay overpriced. Besides I have big jars of old buttons - don't need to buy more.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Looked thru the catty again the other night....not too many stamp sets that I want....need to write down my list...couple of them are on "sale" so I need to work on that....
I was going to have my ws on the 24th...but have a b-day party that same day.....then the next weekend is Labor Day....this is not going good....that's why I'm a hobby demo I guess. My family's schedule interfers too much!! HEHE
Old 08-13-2008, 07:51 AM   #533
Gabfest Goddess

Morning ladies. Thought I'd better check in since it's been a long time of not being around. Not much going on because it's so hot. Sure been nice to sit in the a/c and make cards. Now just to get off lazy derriere to take pictures and upload. It's become such a hassle though to take the pictures with the new camera I just don't do it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #534
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone want a cute puppy?!!! Mine just grabbed my new Riding Hood red reinker out of the box and PUNCTURED IT!! (and on my TAN carpet.....) grrr....think I got it out tho.....but the reinker is history!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #535
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Anyone want a cute puppy?!!! Mine just grabbed my new Riding Hood red reinker out of the box and PUNCTURED IT!! (and on my TAN carpet.....) grrr....think I got it out tho.....but the reinker is history!
Ooo, gonna hafta ban him from the stamp pit! Duct tape won't work?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #536
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, you could duct tape the dog...

Old 08-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #537

Quote:
what did you use to get the ink out of the carpet? for future reference if something like that happens to me! We have dropped pads, face down plenty of times...

Old 08-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #538
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ooo, gonna hafta ban him from the stamp pit! Duct tape won't work?
OOOO!!! I think I will try that...the holes in the bottle aren't that big...it only leaks when squeezed!! (and if it doesn't work...then I'll duct tape the pooches mouth closed! (j/k....kinda!! hehe)
Old 08-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #539
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmercedes View Post
what did you use to get the ink out of the carpet? for future reference if something like that happens to me! We have dropped pads, face down plenty of times...
I have this concentrated cleaner called Xtreme kleen....think some door to door salesman sold it to me....the e-mail is xtreme@xccinc.com.... phone:
972-422-7272. The stuff works good on lots of things....got it because it cleans my grout for my floor the best!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #540
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:

Oh, oh, someone's in BIG trouble.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #541
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to GuarinoMom Send a message via Yahoo to GuarinoMom

Quote:
OMG!!! I am so happy to hear that you got it out but holy cow that dog is lucky he is still alive.

He should be banned from the stamp room from now on!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #542
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuarinoMom View Post
OMG!!! I am so happy to hear that you got it out but holy cow that dog is lucky he is still alive.

He should be banned from the stamp room from now on!
LOL....yeah, he should, but DH said it was my fault since the floor is covered with C@$*%!!!!
Taking him to the vet this am for a "little" surgery....hoping that helps some!! HAHHAAA!! Aaaaannndd!! I'm planning on cleaning up this room...that would make EVERYONE happy!!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #543
Proud Fan Club Member

Woohoo!!! We have a local craft store that's going out of business. The sale started a couple of weeks ago at 20% off. I went on the first day and literally couldn't walk around in the store it was so crowded. I picked up a few things and then realized that the checkout lines went from the front of the store all the way to the back and I wasn't willing to stand in line for an hour or more just to save a buck.

I went back on Tues. - 70% off everything, so I got a few things. Tomorrow is the last day. They are doing fill your bag for $5. So DD & I went over there to check out whether or not it would be worth getting up early tomorrow to get over there. Everything today was 90% off, so we decided to buy. I filled a shopping basket (carry kind) with goodies. I figured DH was going to be upset with how much I was spending. I got $170 worth of stuff! And I paid less than $18.00!!! How's that for a deal. We were talking about it on the way home and almost went back to get a few more things. Needless to say, we won't be going tomorrow.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #544
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Melody! That's awesome! Lucky you
Old 08-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #545
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Woohoo!!! We have a local craft store that's going out of business. The sale started a couple of weeks ago at 20% off. I went on the first day and literally couldn't walk around in the store it was so crowded. I picked up a few things and then realized that the checkout lines went from the front of the store all the way to the back and I wasn't willing to stand in line for an hour or more just to save a buck.

I went back on Tues. - 70% off everything, so I got a few things. Tomorrow is the last day. They are doing fill your bag for $5. So DD & I went over there to check out whether or not it would be worth getting up early tomorrow to get over there. Everything today was 90% off, so we decided to buy. I filled a shopping basket (carry kind) with goodies. I figured DH was going to be upset with how much I was spending. I got $170 worth of stuff! And I paid less than $18.00!!! How's that for a deal. We were talking about it on the way home and almost went back to get a few more things. Needless to say, we won't be going tomorrow.
OMG!! I'm jealous!! Can't wait to see what you do with all the goodies!!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #546
Stazon Splitcoast

actually got out my CB and played using it with the Sizzix (bigz) birds w/leaves and flowers. IT WORKS!! (doing a happy dance!!). Now I need to clear this mess so I can ACTUALLY create something!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #547
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:

Holy Cow!!!! That's a steal!!! They paid you to take that stuff home.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #548
Stazon Splitcoast

Did everyone see thE MINI? i'M GLAD THAT i DONT WANT TOO MUCH. (oOPS... SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS)

Mini Wish List

Halloween Frights
Frightful Fence wheel
Happy Blessings
maybe the Autumn Vine DP

Gotta have $ for tomorrow's stamping convention. And I need to sleep too. Dawn likes to be early.... It should help a whole lot with parking. She's a smart girl.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Did everyone see thE MINI? i'M GLAD THAT i DONT WANT TOO MUCH. (oOPS... SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS)

Mini Wish List

Halloween Frights
Frightful Fence wheel
Happy Blessings
maybe the Autumn Vine DP

Gotta have $ for tomorrow's stamping convention. And I need to sleep too. Dawn likes to be early.... It should help a whole lot with parking. She's a smart girl.
I just have a bunch of maybe's....
maybe the Create a calendar (thinking teacher gifts)
maybe Winter Post
maybe Felt Flurries (kinda $$)
maybe cardinal Christmas (school mascot is the cardinal)

Hope you and Dawn have fun today!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #550
Proud Fan Club Member

I was NOT impressed with the mini. I will probably get the cardinal. The felt snowflakes are kinda cool, but I don't know that I'd use them all that much. I can surely punch my own with my new sizzix die and CB. I kinka like the style of the Scandinavian set, but those really aren't the kind of images I want for Christmas. None of the Christmas sets in the big catty jump out at me either. Guess I may have to get really non-traditional again on my cards this year.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #551
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I was NOT impressed with the mini. I will probably get the cardinal. The felt snowflakes are kinda cool, but I don't know that I'd use them all that much. I can surely punch my own with my new sizzix die and CB. I kinka like the style of the Scandinavian set, but those really aren't the kind of images I want for Christmas. None of the Christmas sets in the big catty jump out at me either. Guess I may have to get really non-traditional again on my cards this year.
Yeah....I kinda liked this one too....but not sure I like it enough to get it! I'm thinking that this year I might use some Penny Black chickens singing that I bought last year.....Or I might try my hand at the CHF Santa's lap (which, in that case, I had better order it and start working on the coloring NOW!!)
Old 08-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #552

Miss Boo and I went to a Stamp Expo today. I had a lot of fun with her. Beats going there alone! Thanks Jen!!

If you want to see pix and read a little bit about our adventure, then check out my blog.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

It was a great time! Thanks Dawn!

Guess what???? I already have most of my new stamps mounted. More EZ mount came in the mail. I've used 10 sheets and have 2 left. (My thumbs were too tender to keep cleaning goo off old stamps so I quit that part for now) Now I'm into the cutting phase... sticky gooey mess. But I will be sooo happy once it's done.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #554
Stazon Splitcoast

Dawn... I just read your blog! Wow! You really told the story of the day, well. Your journal entries are always fun to read. You should be an author.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #555

haha...yeah, I believe it! I should have bought more pages..and ezmount myself...haha.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #556
Stamp'n In The Light

Sounds like Dawn & Boo had too much fun at the Stamp Expo.

Hey Starla, if you're going to use the CHF Santa, you'd better get that thing ordered or it won't work for your Christmas cards; especially if it's still sitting on their shelves. What am I saying? I still haven't ordered it. It's still in my shopping cart with the TK papers I've been so antsy for them to release. Will probably check out next week when Kim Hughes' stuff releases too.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #557

I know...

Boo has to come on over and play if she is free this year!

Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 AM   #558
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduse View Post
Sounds like Dawn & Boo had too much fun at the Stamp Expo.

Hey Starla, if you're going to use the CHF Santa, you'd better get that thing ordered or it won't work for your Christmas cards; especially if it's still sitting on their shelves.
What am I saying? I still haven't ordered it. It's still in my shopping cart with the TK papers I've been so antsy for them to release. Will probably check out next week when Kim Hughes' stuff releases too.
yeah....but then if I start now...I would miss the panic of trying to make 100 christmas cards late Dec!! BWHHAAAAA
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #559
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
It was a great time! Thanks Dawn!

Guess what???? I already have most of my new stamps mounted. More EZ mount came in the mail. I've used 10 sheets and have 2 left. (My thumbs were too tender to keep cleaning goo off old stamps so I quit that part for now) Now I'm into the cutting phase... sticky gooey mess. But I will be sooo happy once it's done.
Hey, Missy. Have you tried using tape to get the sticky off the back of your stamps. ***NO Guarantee*** , but sometimes if you stick the two tacky sides together and then pull the tape off, the sticky stuff will stick to the tape. I've had the best results with masking tape, but some other tapes may work as well.

And no, I'm not laughing here, because I get to do that with all the blocks when I get them, don't I?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #560
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey, Missy. Have you tried using tape to get the sticky off the back of your stamps. ***NO Guarantee*** , but sometimes if you stick the two tacky sides together and then pull the tape off, the sticky stuff will stick to the tape. I've had the best results with masking tape, but some other tapes may work as well.

And no, I'm not laughing here, because I get to do that with all the blocks when I get them, don't I?
That's a great idea. I still have my alphabets to do. And also Michael's $1 stamps... those are the worst to unmount.