In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #4521
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmercedes View Post
art journal? Like the commercialized smashbooks...only a non commercialized art journal? haha. I was going to use a composition notebook...but then a friend of mine gave me one. I have glued in "some of my favorite paper crafting products." I'd like to do a 2 page spread of my 2012 design teams...and that's all that I have thunked up!

I'm open to thoughts...ideas....suggestions!
I'm thinking non commercialized...play around with some different mediums, doodle, maybe add some drawings (something that I'm wanting to get back into)...very eclectic.
And since I do know where my BIA is , I'll bind them all together with that....might end up throwing it away when it is all done, but at least I'll have pushed myself to try some new things
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #4522
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I'm thinking non commercialized...play around with some different mediums, doodle, maybe add some drawings (something that I'm wanting to get back into)...very eclectic.
And since I do know where my BIA is , I'll bind them all together with that....might end up throwing it away when it is all done, but at least I'll have pushed myself to try some new things
No, you don't throw it away. You keep it so you can look back and see how far you've grown.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #4523
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
No, you don't throw it away. You keep it so you can look back and see how far you've grown.
True.....
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #4524
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

This weather is WEIRD!! 80's last week/Saturday....snowed last night!! 34 degrees now....we actually got a 1-2" of snow. But it is already starting to melt. Sun is trying to peek out of the clouds

Good excuse to stay in my room and get my DT project done!!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #4525
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
This weather is WEIRD!! 80's last week/Saturday....snowed last night!! 34 degrees now....we actually got a 1-2" of snow. But it is already starting to melt. Sun is trying to peek out of the clouds

Good excuse to stay in my room and get my DT project done!!
Here, you think spring might be coming early and then we get snow. Temps are anywhere from 20 to 50. I've been seeing robins off and on since the first week in January. They never come back until mid-march.

I guess it unpredictability makes life more exciting! lol
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #4526
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Well, I just looked out the window and we are getting snow. Checked the weather and it's supposed to be rain later. I finished my Tim February tag today.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #4527
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

We were suppose to get rain today...maybe they meant "evening"?!!
Most of our snow is all gone. Just a few scatterings where the sun doesn't shine this time of year

Worked today....totally forgot about the monthly tags....
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #4528
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Hey Gals!! Just thought I'd pop in here and say hello!
Nothing much new here. I'm slowly cleaning off my desk top. Hadn't done that between the last 2-3 projects and it was getting VERY deep. Realized that I couldn't even think of finding my mojo in the mess!!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #4529
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Hey Gals!! Just thought I'd pop in here and say hello!
Nothing much new here. I'm slowly cleaning off my desk top. Hadn't done that between the last 2-3 projects and it was getting VERY deep. Realized that I couldn't even think of finding my mojo in the mess!!
Hey, Starla. The last couple of days I've been working on class cards. This is cuttlebug week.

Most of our snow melted today (60 degrees).
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #4530
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

How was your class, Melody?
I seem to be in a serious MoJo funk...just no motivation to create.
Well, that is not entirely true. I have ideas...just no motivation!!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #4531
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
How was your class, Melody?
I seem to be in a serious MoJo funk...just no motivation to create.
Well, that is not entirely true. I have ideas...just no motivation!!
It was good. I only had two ladies today, but two others paid for cards, although they couldn't be here.

I was going to try & get the WT done, but never got started. I have a great idea for a card. Maybe I can do it tomorrow.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #4532
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Well, printed off basketball certificates. Now I need to go bake a cake so I can make cake pops. Or cupcake pops.
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #4533
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Well, printed off basketball certificates. Now I need to go bake a cake so I can make cake pops. Or cupcake pops.
That's crazy talk! lol
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #4534
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
That's crazy talk! lol
That would be my life! haha

Youngest DS and I also made Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. He is doing a demonstration speech on Monday and one of the girls in his class has Celiac's disease and he wanted to try and make something that she could eat (she is having a hard time right now being "different" and having to have her own "special" treats/food). They turned out good! Not quite like "regular" PB cookies, but everyone here has counted out how many cookies they each get!!

Experimented with a gluten free cake mix for the cupcake pops. Tastes good! Maybe not quite as sweet, which once you add frosting/candy coating would never be noticed anyways!! I made it in a 9x13 pan, and the cake did not rise as much as regular mixes do. Which, would be the reason behind their pan sizes of 9x9 the largest! haha.

I figure that I will try to make gluten free treats/food for the school parties. That way, the classmate doesn't feel like "her" food is the only one she can eat. We tried some gluten free pasta the other night, and since we are used to the whole wheat pasta (which was a big adjustment, initially, from refined pasta) we all thought it tasted like our "normal" pasta.

I'm off to go start melting candy and dipping!!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #4535
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

hey Girls! Just thought I'd pop in (since I REFUSE to let this thread die, haha!!) and say HI!!
Been working a lot, which means not much (ok, no) time for creating. I'm ready for a break but that is not likely to happen until 2nd or 3rd week in April!! OH WELL!! Better than no work!!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #4536
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
hey Girls! Just thought I'd pop in (since I REFUSE to let this thread die, haha!!) and say HI!!
Been working a lot, which means not much (ok, no) time for creating. I'm ready for a break but that is not likely to happen until 2nd or 3rd week in April!! OH WELL!! Better than no work!!
Hey, girl! I'm glad you guard this thread so well. It always amazes me how quickly time flies by and then you realize that we've neglected this very special place. Certainly not intentional.

I'm taking the on-line class that Tim is teaching. Fun & I hope to learn something. haha
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #4537
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
Hey, girl! I'm glad you guard this thread so well. It always amazes me how quickly time flies by and then you realize that we've neglected this very special place. Certainly not intentional.

I'm taking the on-line class that Tim is teaching. Fun & I hope to learn something. haha
Can't wait to see what you learn! I should have signed up for the class. But home life schedule is just by a thread as of late! I'm trying to figure out when I can go grocery shopping, never mind sit down and create! I also have some painting I need to do for the church Easter program. Time is slipping away!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #4538
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Can't wait to see what you learn! I should have signed up for the class. But home life schedule is just by a thread as of late! I'm trying to figure out when I can go grocery shopping, never mind sit down and create! I also have some painting I need to do for the church Easter program. Time is slipping away!
You can sign up for the class & take it at your own speed. I wanted to do it at the beginning, when there's a lot of interaction, but once you sign up, you have access forever.

I'm not sure how heavy Tim's tags are, but the ones I have are flimsy and I wasn't happy with them, at least not for using with the amount of ink & water that so many of Tim's techniques use, so yesterday I went to office depot & bought a pack of 50 heavy duty file folders with a nice smooth finish. I can cut 6 tags from each. I figured price wise: Tim's are 15 tags for about $3.75 or 100 tags for $13.00. I paid $11.00 for the folders (that's 300 tags) + a little elbow grease. I'll see how they react to ink & water today.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #4539
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
You can sign up for the class & take it at your own speed. I wanted to do it at the beginning, when there's a lot of interaction, but once you sign up, you have access forever.

I'm not sure how heavy Tim's tags are, but the ones I have are flimsy and I wasn't happy with them, at least not for using with the amount of ink & water that so many of Tim's techniques use, so yesterday I went to office depot & bought a pack of 50 heavy duty file folders with a nice smooth finish. I can cut 6 tags from each. I figured price wise: Tim's are 15 tags for about $3.75 or 100 tags for $13.00. I paid $11.00 for the folders (that's 300 tags) + a little elbow grease. I'll see how they react to ink & water today.
I'll have to keep that in mind using the folders. I have Tim's tag die, and a kid who loves cranking the handle on my Big Shot!! I'll check into the class details today, hopefully. While I have the day off, my to do list is a mile long!! One thing I have GOT to get done, is getting down to Michael's to pick up some more paint for the backdrops I need to finish painting. I haven't replinshed my paints in a while, and I know that I don't have enough to get the job done.
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #4540
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 59,115
Default

Two weeks into the deep clear out...
now...at least I can see the light!

can you believe this weather, melody?? 80s and 70s...in March??? sooooo crazy!
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #4541
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 59,115
Default

my afternoon...ready to stamp...anyone? anyone??
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #4542
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmercedes View Post
Two weeks into the deep clear out...
now...at least I can see the light!

can you believe this weather, melody?? 80s and 70s...in March??? sooooo crazy!
I'm soooo far in the dark that I don't even know which way to start heading!! I think I need you to come rescue me (since you are in the groove of the deep clean!!)

Mid afternoon. Lots of errands done. Dinner is in the crock pot. Now to just do some basic cleaning of the kitchen
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #4543
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

I had to work today, just got home. I put dinner in the crock pot before I left this morning. Maybe I'll get to some crafting after dinner.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #4544
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

While buying cheap acrylic paints for the backdrop (gotta remember that it IS cardboard, haha), I also picked up some new medium paint that I want to try. This has glass beads in it....
I'm ready to start my journal, Melody, just need the TIME!!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #4545
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
While buying cheap acrylic paints for the backdrop (gotta remember that it IS cardboard, haha), I also picked up some new medium paint that I want to try. This has glass beads in it....
I'm ready to start my journal, Melody, just need the TIME!!
Long day at the office today, but I managed to get my homework done for Tim's class. I'm gonna go blog in a minute.

There are classes, etc. all over the web on art journals. A lot of people say all you need is 10 minutes a day. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Mine isn't really what you'd call a journal. More a place I can play with art mediums, techniques, etc. It doesn't have to be perfect, just a place to express yourself either in words or artistically. I've been having fun with it because it's more than making cards, and yet is similar in a lot of ways. I tend to not be as free in my art as some people, but I'm ok with that. I still want beauty and balance, not something gaudy or that looks like a first grader made it. I think it's a lot about finding your own style and not trying to do what everyone else is doing.

I'd love to see what you do with yours.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #4546
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
Long day at the office today, but I managed to get my homework done for Tim's class. I'm gonna go blog in a minute.

There are classes, etc. all over the web on art journals. A lot of people say all you need is 10 minutes a day. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Mine isn't really what you'd call a journal. More a place I can play with art mediums, techniques, etc. It doesn't have to be perfect, just a place to express yourself either in words or artistically. I've been having fun with it because it's more than making cards, and yet is similar in a lot of ways. I tend to not be as free in my art as some people, but I'm ok with that. I still want beauty and balance, not something gaudy or that looks like a first grader made it. I think it's a lot about finding your own style and not trying to do what everyone else is doing.

I'd love to see what you do with yours.
I am envisioning my "Journal" to be a place to experiment too. I'm hoping that it will teach me to "let go" when I create, instead of trying to make WOW projects all the time. I need to get back to creating for the sake of creating.
And, I'm hoping that it will fire up some long lost artistic endeavors. I just have this desire to get back to my art roots, drawing, painting, etc.
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #4547
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I am envisioning my "Journal" to be a place to experiment too. I'm hoping that it will teach me to "let go" when I create, instead of trying to make WOW projects all the time. I need to get back to creating for the sake of creating.
And, I'm hoping that it will fire up some long lost artistic endeavors. I just have this desire to get back to my art roots, drawing, painting, etc.
I think the art journals really are all about the basics - filled with any kind of mixed media you want to throw in. For some, it's like a diary with art, but I've never been one to keep a diary, so no journaling in mine. I love using verses or quotes, or just words.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #4548
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
I think the art journals really are all about the basics - filled with any kind of mixed media you want to throw in. For some, it's like a diary with art, but I've never been one to keep a diary, so no journaling in mine. I love using verses or quotes, or just words.
I'm the same! Quotes, words, verses. No diary here!!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #4549
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I'm the same! Quotes, words, verses. No diary here!!
haha. the only time I ever tried to keep a diary, I don't think I lasted a whole week!
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #4550
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
haha. the only time I ever tried to keep a diary, I don't think I lasted a whole week!
I think I had a diary when I was a tweener.....but I don't recall writing much in it. I do remember keeping a journal for a bit while in college. But I literally burned it. I realized that if something ever happened to me, it was NO ONE's business as to my thoughts on certain happenings in my life. And I also decided that the best course of action was to NOT WRITE anything that I wasn't willing to share with anyone and everyone
Therefore....NO DIARIES!! HAHA
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #4551
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Well, it looks like I will have a few days off from work. WHOOHOOO!! I am creating today, but not for me. Helping youngest DS work on his Bosten Tea Party Diorama. I'd sigh about it, but this is how I justify having so much "crafting" stuff....LOL
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #4552
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Well, it looks like I will have a few days off from work. WHOOHOOO!! I am creating today, but not for me. Helping youngest DS work on his Bosten Tea Party Diorama. I'd sigh about it, but this is how I justify having so much "crafting" stuff....LOL
Just don't let him spell it like that... lol == Boston, hehee
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #4553
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
Just don't let him spell it like that... lol == Boston, hehee
LOL....I didn't even catch my misspelling...I have NO idea why I put "E" instead of "O"
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #4554
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Hello ladies! Just thought I'd pop in with a quick hello!!
Today I'm finishing up some mini Easter baskets for the 5th graders to give to their kinder buddies. The 5th grade teacher got sick over spring break and still isn't feeling all that great, so I told her I would just make them (lucky for me, there are only 7 kinder kids to make for!!)
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #4555
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 59,115
Default

oh you are so thoughtful, starla...just popping in myself!

happy spring break to all!
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #4556
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Hey Ladies! I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!
Did a lot of weekend warrior stuff. Went hiking with some friends on Saturday. Got about 10 miles in. Was already pretty sore from that when we did a 20 mile ride around a nearby dam on Sunday. That, luckily, was pretty flat! haha, but my legs were already jello from the day before. My youngest finished the 20 miles on his own!! Very proud of him as the IL's had their tandem and he could have gotten on that, but he was determined to finish it off himself. He HATED the last 3 miles, but he did it!!

Have to work all week again this week. But I'm not covering for the boss, which should mean not as much stress or paperwork (hopefully). I'm hoping to maybe get a little creating in, but work usually wipes mojo from the slate!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #4557
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Hey Ladies! I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!
Did a lot of weekend warrior stuff. Went hiking with some friends on Saturday. Got about 10 miles in. Was already pretty sore from that when we did a 20 mile ride around a nearby dam on Sunday. That, luckily, was pretty flat! haha, but my legs were already jello from the day before. My youngest finished the 20 miles on his own!! Very proud of him as the IL's had their tandem and he could have gotten on that, but he was determined to finish it off himself. He HATED the last 3 miles, but he did it!!

Have to work all week again this week. But I'm not covering for the boss, which should mean not as much stress or paperwork (hopefully). I'm hoping to maybe get a little creating in, but work usually wipes mojo from the slate!
I did a little creating this weekend. But it's always harder with people in the house and I had to do some cooking for yesterday - went to my sister's. I actually made two cards while there - nothing fancy & one I think I'm going to do a little work on to make it look better.

I might do some challenge cards today. Or I should start working on my technique cards for next week's class.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #4558
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 59,115
Default

happy belated easter! thought I'd get ahead today on crafting. But it's been a lounging day. I did start exercising today. I saw my easter pix (now posted on my blog) and thought...well, I sure don't want to look that way with a bathing suit on! haha.
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #4559
Stazon Splitcoast
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: technically, So Cal. But mostly here!
Posts: 14,708
Default

Is it Friday yet?!! Who ever thought that one would have more time when their kids got older, obviously never had kids!!
Oldest goes on his first big tour with choir/chorale/handbells on Thurs. They don't get back until Monday night and I have been running around like a chicken with her head cut off getting him stuff for the trip (like dress socks....'cause not having fresh dress socks
for each performance is NASTY with those feet! LOL!!)
I also signed up for an online mixed media type class so today I spent finding supplies as I have no idea where my art supplies from that former life are!! Looking forward to it.
Exercise.....sigh. That is something else I need to get on the schedule as we are suppose to ride the Colorado section of the Divide this summer. I am in NO WAY in any type of shape for a ride of that calibur!!

So...what's up with you gals?!
__________________
Starla
THE QUEEN, TWO PRINCES' AND THE KISSED TOAD!
Star Gazing(my gallery)
Exploring Creativity~blog
star is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #4560
Proud Fan Club Member
 
lacyquilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 25,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Is it Friday yet?!! Who ever thought that one would have more time when their kids got older, obviously never had kids!!
Oldest goes on his first big tour with choir/chorale/handbells on Thurs. They don't get back until Monday night and I have been running around like a chicken with her head cut off getting him stuff for the trip (like dress socks....'cause not having fresh dress socks
for each performance is NASTY with those feet! LOL!!)
I also signed up for an online mixed media type class so today I spent finding supplies as I have no idea where my art supplies from that former life are!! Looking forward to it.
Exercise.....sigh. That is something else I need to get on the schedule as we are suppose to ride the Colorado section of the Divide this summer. I am in NO WAY in any type of shape for a ride of that calibur!!

So...what's up with you gals?!
I've been 'trying' to get my cards ready for Thursday. Not going very fast. I have two ready - need one more. I'm really cutting it down to the wire.

Friday & Sat. there's a stamp/scrap expo in town. My sis & I are going on Friday. Not sure I'll find much or not. I've been checking out some of the vendors on line & not impressed with a bunch of them. But I do know that there is at least one that carries sizzix & spellbinders dies, so I shouldn't have any problem dropping some cash.

Looks like we are getting a new vehicle. DH's van is a 2001 with 150,000 miles on it and has a blown gasket - I guess that's something major. He/we decided that it was probably time to ditch it & buy, but we haven't quite narrowed it down. We looked at the new Mazda SUV, but they are actually hard to come by - hot sellers and not enough manufactured, so we'll see.
__________________
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

lacyquilter is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off