Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #4241
Stazon Splitcoast

My stupid computer is acting up again. I'm just about ready to pitch the stupid thing! ( but it really isn't that old, and I'm too cheap to spend the money on a new one right now. Guess I'll say some choice words and go do some laundry instead! ( this little chat is taking place from my phone!)
Exploring Creativity~blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 AM   #4242
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

ooh, great. I'm an old lady. It's so stiff every morning when I wake up too. Is that just life when healing a sprain?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #4243
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmercedes View Post
ooh, great. I'm an old lady. It's so stiff every morning when I wake up too. Is that just life when healing a sprain?
Doesn't it take longer to heal a sprain than a break?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #4244
Stazon Splitcoast

A sprain can be worse than a break, sometimes. A severe sprain can take a lot longer to heal than if you had just broke it.
I'm going to assume that yours is not that severe, if you are still ankle to think about exercising, lol!
Stiffness in the am is normal too. Or, after being in one position too long. Try writing out the alphabet with your foot ( not your leg, think of your toes as being the pencil) before
getting up. That may help loosen it up
Old 06-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #4245

I guess I feel flabby and I was trying to get toned. And then bam...

Mom is always right. And my mom says that exercise is bad for your health. No joke!

I can't sit knealing with my feet under neath me. That hurts. And I can't twist my ankle to the side.

I like the alphabet idea. Easy, not too hard, I hope...
Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #4246
Stazon Splitcoast

How is the ankle feeling, Dawn?

Haven't been creating anything lately. I've been covering vacations at work and by the time I get home, chilling with the family sounds better then trying to find some mojo. I do have to finish a DT project for Thurs. But I'm not really stressing. Which, could be a good attitude or a bad one, lol!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #4247
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
How is the ankle feeling, Dawn?

Haven't been creating anything lately. I've been covering vacations at work and by the time I get home, chilling with the family sounds better then trying to find some mojo. I do have to finish a DT project for Thurs. But I'm not really stressing. Which, could be a good attitude or a bad one, lol!
Well, hey, girl. Sure has been quiet around here. I haven't been doing much creating. This is one of those months that the dates just fall right to give me a big break between classes. (I do 2nd & 3rd Thursdays.)

This morning I finished digging the patch where my poppies were. I'm replacing them with lavender, but it has taken forever to dig out the patch, because we've had so much rain or too hot to be out digging. Today is a really gorgeous day - mostly sunny with a really nice breeze from the northwest. Unfortunately, the house completely cut off the breeze, so 5 min. of digging and I was sweating. I took lots of breaks, but finally got it done. Still need to rake it out and transfer the lavender from pots. I may add some potting soil or manure first. And I will probably put a stone covering to help control weeds.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #4248
Proud Fan Club Member

Cat is still with us. There is a possibility that Mark's brother will take him. They just lost their cat from a tumor. I'm really hoping and praying they will take him. I don't need the stress.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #4249
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
Cat is still with us. There is a possibility that Mark's brother will take him. They just lost their cat from a tumor. I'm really hoping and praying they will take him. I don't need the stress.
Oh my! I know that you were not thrilled with the little bugger at all, so hopefully kitty will find a new home soon!

We are so behind on yard work that there has been no planting, just weed pulling and maintainence going on here. I have sworn that after this week of full time and next week working 3 of the 4 work days, that I will NOT schedule myself on my two days "off". I need to get some things done for my own sanity! I tore into my closet late Sunday evening out of pure frustration of not being able to find anything in there! And I need to find my mojo. I miss the creative juices flowing and my brain is starting to stagnate! Lol!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #4250
Stazon Splitcoast

You two must be very busy. Been very quiet around here.

Still having computer issues and I'll admit, I've been keeping it that way as it seems I have been spending more time with the family with the computer off. Figure my kids are growing up so fast and they'll be gone in just a wink and the time spent in my craft room can wait a bit!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #4251

I hope you had a pleasant 4th of July!

Yes, busy...real life gets in the way of cyber time and stamp time!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #4252
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, Starla. We spent most of today at Mark's brother's house. They have a parade that goes right in front of their house, so that was fun to watch. It has been many years since I've watched a parade. Although I was sure I was sitting in the shade all day, I still got some sunburn on my face.

I haven't done a lot of creating lately. It's been a nice break between my classes and my DT assignment is over (by my choice). Everyone was asked to stay on if we wanted to. Although it was fun being on the team, I've really struggled with the digital images. Many were just not my style, but they also don't lend themselves to a lot of fun techniques, and I love using techniques on my cards, but most require stamping an image. I'm also not real big on coloring, and since my computer skills are pretty basic, the digital images needed to be colored manually. The last time I changed my black cartridge, I could no longer color without smearing the ink, so that was pretty frustrating.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #4253
Stazon Splitcoast

I can totally see how not being able to do different techniques would be a bummer for you! I love techniques too, and I don't do them as often as you!

I must admit, I think my mojo needs this little break too. I have ideas, just not the energy to start them. We are just getting started with the higher temps and BOY! does that ever put a crimp on the desire to do ANYTHING!! We spent the weekend off/on in the mountains and when we were home, we just lazed around reading and watching movies with the kids. Nice, but it did nothing for the dust collecting on all the furniture! hehe
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #4254
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I can totally see how not being able to do different techniques would be a bummer for you! I love techniques too, and I don't do them as often as you!

I must admit, I think my mojo needs this little break too. I have ideas, just not the energy to start them. We are just getting started with the higher temps and BOY! does that ever put a crimp on the desire to do ANYTHING!! We spent the weekend off/on in the mountains and when we were home, we just lazed around reading and watching movies with the kids. Nice, but it did nothing for the dust collecting on all the furniture! hehe
Don't you wish there was dustless furniture like there are frostless freezers?

Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #4255
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Don't you wish there was dustless furniture like there are frostless freezers?
Ooooo! I'd be in heaven! What's worse is my formal room furniture ( which you see when you walk in the front door or when going from the bedrooms to kitchen area) has this really wide wood frame around the top edge ( craftsman style furniture). It showcases the dust sooooo nicely! Grrrr

Just got off work. Next week I'm starting my " just say NO to working Tues and Thurs" effort. I can not wait. Right now, two days off to get things done ( or possibly craft) seems heavenly
Old 07-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #4256

this thread is still alive!!! Right?

how are you two doing these days??
Old 07-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #4257
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
this thread is still alive!!! Right?

how are you two doing these days??
Hey Dawn!
I haven't been on the computer much lately as I've been working quite a bit. That, and my stupid computer needs new psych meds! I'm having to rely on my phone, and it it just not the same as far as trying to cruise around SCS or blogs for that matter. I don't tend to comment when using my phone, as it is rather a pain to see my mistakes and try to get my cursor in the right spot to correct!

Actually made a card today, but my computer refuses to connect so I can't post. Grrrrrr! One of these days I'll get DH's buddy up here to see if he can figure out what is wrong with the stupid thing

What's new with you gals?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #4258
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, girls. It has been really nice for me to have this stamping break. But I have class this week and next, so I need to get my behind in gear and get some stamping done. I know I make it harder for myself than I need to. I have one card ready for this week, but need two more.

DD is going to be moving back home -- well, she's been more or less living here for the past month with the cat, but she will be officially moving back in. We decided that she could pay some rent (less than an apt., but at least to help out), since she eats here and I do her laundry, etc.

The cat -- is going to get declawed (front) on Wednesday and then my BIL will be taking him home.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #4259

I was diagnosed with runner's knee 2 days ago...and the braces were going to cost me $200...ankle and knee. But I think I need/want Phyrsical Therapy. Can I call you for a consult, Starla? I've been asking everyone if they have thoughts, been injured, are a doctor or PT.

Melody, your card was AMAZING!!!! today!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #4260
Proud Fan Club Member

Ooooo, OUCH!, Dawn! Have you been running? Or is it from something else. Maybe Starla would just come and stay with you for awhile and give you therapy.

I've never really enjoyed running for exercise. Get too winded. Now, walking wears me out me - lol. Sadly out of shape.

Thanks for the compliment on my card. Check out my blog - I've been published! Now I need to figure out how to put the badge on my blog.

Quote:
I was diagnosed with runner's knee 2 days ago...and the braces were going to cost me $200...ankle and knee. But I think I need/want Phyrsical Therapy. Can I call you for a consult, Starla? I've been asking everyone if they have thoughts, been injured, are a doctor or PT.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #4261
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

By all means you can call me! And I would recommend PT (not just because I am one!) Sometimes it is a muscle imbalance that is causing the stress on the knee. (and the imbalance can be in the hip or ankle, not just the knee). I'd say, if your MD will prescribe PT, your insurance will pay for it, it is worth the time to see if that helps before you shell out money for braces that are just going to take care of symptoms, not the cause
Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #4262
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ooooo, OUCH!, Dawn! Have you been running? Or is it from something else. Maybe Starla would just come and stay with you for awhile and give you therapy.

I've never really enjoyed running for exercise. Get too winded. Now, walking wears me out me - lol. Sadly out of shape.

Thanks for the compliment on my card. Check out my blog - I've been published! Now I need to figure out how to put the badge on my blog.
WHAT?! WAIT!! I've missed something!! (HATE not having Internet!!) off to check your blog to see what is going on!!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #4263
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I turned down the opportunity to progress to full time this past week. Which means I'm cutting back my hours and will be "on call" again to cover vacations, time off, etc, versus having a set schedule.

When considering the offer, I just realized that my oldest only has 4 more years of for sure being at home and my youngest will be in the same place before I know it. Working full time would have meant that I'd miss out on all of the oldest kiddo's high school games and such. I just couldn't stand that thought

While the extra $$ would be nice, the increased stress of trying to have someone pick up my kids from school, drive them to games etc, plus DH having to be "mr. mom" just didn't add up.

Then I got an offer to work 4 hours per week for my previous boss! Turned that down as the drive is 45 min away (one way) and the hours weren't worth the gas or hassel (the drive is HORRIBLE....curvey, narrow, lots of semi's, no off ramps, room to avoid accidents).

Sooo. Hoping that I get some more free time to craft! (after getting my house somewhat clean! haha)
Old 07-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #4264

You are making a great decision to be with the kids while they are still in the house! I applaud you!

My mom's friend, who is a PT, says that maybe I need the braces...to rest those muscles...then PT. Thoughts?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #4265
Proud Fan Club Member

Good for you, Starla! No matter how tight money was, I never regretted my choice to be a stay at home mom. And I never missed the stress of the workplace.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #4266
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
You are making a great decision to be with the kids while they are still in the house! I applaud you!

My mom's friend, who is a PT, says that maybe I need the braces...to rest those muscles...then PT. Thoughts?
Wellllll............I am more of the school of thought that braces are a band aid. Your muscles depend on the brace to "stabilize" versus doing their job they way they should. Not to say, that sometimes a brace is what is needed. Since I don't know the history of your injury....I can't really say. But I'm also of the thought that therapy should be within your tolerance and while progressing, there needs to be monitoring of any pain (is it soreness from starting a new exercise? Does something need to be modified). And I think that I'd still rather try some taping techniques (LOVE Kinseio taping techniques) or modalities while re educating the muscles to do their job versus spend $$ for braces that you may not need.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #4267
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good for you, Starla! No matter how tight money was, I never regretted my choice to be a stay at home mom. And I never missed the stress of the workplace.
Well, I was stressing for a few days that I'd get NO hours (I try to just work enough to pay the kiddo's school bill.....private school is NOT cheap!), but I'd be willing to put our house on the market if need be to cut expenses. Hopefully, it will won't come to that, LOL, as the market is HORRIBLE and I REALLY like my house, but it's just a house. Being there for my kids is more important

And with that said...I'm alreadying scheduling some 1/2 days. Nice thing about my set up with my boss is that I can say "NO" to the hours requested if I need too. That lets me schedule around games, school events, etc. as I need too

Everything will work out. I'm more calm about it now. Just need to be a bit more careful in the craft spending
Old 07-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #4268
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals! Everyone enjoying their summer?
My kids start school on Aug 18. Only a few more weeks. Been running around getting eye appoints and such taken care of. Need to start looking into uniforms before too much longer, just in case I have to get things altered.

My computer is still being a pain, but for the first time, it is saying it is the modem that is not connecting. Just need the time to be able to sit on hold all afternoon to get it checked out!

As usual, I haven't been creating too much. It would seem that my mojo is on summer break too!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #4269
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello?

Did everyone go on vacation?!

YIKES! Did everyone leave for another planet and I missed the memo? Oe worse, no one sent me the memo?! Lol
Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #4270
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Hello?

Did everyone go on vacation?!

YIKES! Did everyone leave for another planet and I missed the memo? Oe worse, no one sent me the memo?! Lol
haha!

Somehow the heat seems to zap every ounce of energy I have, which means no mojo as well. I've been doing very little creating. This past weekend was spent in a cleaning frenzy. Seems like it was a lot, although not much to show for all the effort. However, I did manage to find a spot of floor in my computer room. My bookcase, which my parents made for me, now sits where my ironing board and a number of boxes, etc. were, so DD could bring her bed over. She is moving back in bit by bit. Last night DD & DH brought her bed over from the apt.

I need to move a couple of beds today. And the list goes on - I don't even want to think about it.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 AM   #4271
Stazon Splitcoast

Ugghhhh! I hate rearranging type cleaning. Seems as if I make a bigger mess elsewhere just to get one area clean.

Is your daughter moved back in now, Melody?

I've had no mojo either, and can't even blame the heat, as it has been fairly cool here, for this time of year. I'm very afraid we are going to have a miserable Aug and Sept. But, I'll take what I can get!

I'm not sure why I have no mojo. I seriously think I need to get back to exercising so I get some blood flow to my brain. Maybe that would help. Seems like I'm just running around playing catch up from the time I was working so much. And my truck has been in the shop this whole week, which means I've had to make some runs to pick up DH from work.
And ants invaded yesterday. Seems as if my karma is getting payback for something! LOL!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #4272
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Ugghhhh! I hate rearranging type cleaning. Seems as if I make a bigger mess elsewhere just to get one area clean.

Is your daughter moved back in now, Melody?

I've had no mojo either, and can't even blame the heat, as it has been fairly cool here, for this time of year. I'm very afraid we are going to have a miserable Aug and Sept. But, I'll take what I can get!

I'm not sure why I have no mojo. I seriously think I need to get back to exercising so I get some blood flow to my brain. Maybe that would help. Seems like I'm just running around playing catch up from the time I was working so much. And my truck has been in the shop this whole week, which means I've had to make some runs to pick up DH from work.
And ants invaded yesterday. Seems as if my karma is getting payback for something! LOL!
ugh! ants!

I think that we just get burned out on creativity and sometimes need a break. I see a pattern when I go gung ho on VSN or another special challenge weekend, etc - make 20 cards - and then just plain need to give my brain a break. And even if we are doing some other activity that is stressful or energy draining, it works the same way. We just need to let our bodies rejuvenate. When I was doing challenges every day, sometimes it felt good to skip one or two. Creating can be very draining because we usually expect more from ourselves than we may be able to give. Like trying to be rembrandt or picasso, or Anna or Jeanne, if you get my drift.

With most of my crafts, I take long breaks - months or even years - before going back to them. Not that I'm not creating, because I usually am, just in a different format.

I think it's ok to allow ourselves time off - unless, of course, there are DT obligations or classes.

OK, didn't mean to write a book...

Old 07-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #4273
Proud Fan Club Member

OH, yeah... DD is living here, but still has some of her stuff at the apt.

Today, I convinced DH to go with me to a coin collector agency and take some old money (from my dad mostly). I was pleased to get a little bit more than triple the face value.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #4274
Stazon Splitcoast

Your cleaning bug invaded along with the ants, Melody! Yesterday I tore into oldest kiddo's room. All that is left is to go through shirts to see what he has outgrown. Ugghhhh!
Only 2 more bedrooms left that need the same treatment!
We've been in our house 10 years now and unfortunately, it is time to repaint, repair and replace. Not excited, LOL!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #4275
Stazon Splitcoast

But! Today we are headed to San Diego. Going to go check out the big military ship ( forgot the name). That's what you do when you are surrounded by testosterone, LOL!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #4276
Proud Fan Club Member

Mojo must have come back from vacation. Yesterday I did a card for free for all and then all SIX vsn challenges! Whew!

And this morning I have already done the inspiration challenge. Now I am going to see if I can keep going... on the DTGD11 challenges (4 posted today).

Have fun in SD, Starla.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 AM   #4277

Back...from a busy week. So busy, that I didn't use your card for the challenge. I had to make it super simple...b/c of my schedule. Sorry Melody. But I"ll be saving it for a future challenge!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #4278
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Back...from a busy week. So busy, that I didn't use your card for the challenge. I had to make it super simple...b/c of my schedule. Sorry Melody. But I"ll be saving it for a future challenge!
Hey, no big deal. I'd already forgotten!

Got my first card done for Dare to get Dirty. Haven't even checked what's posted today yet.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #4279
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm very jealous of the fact that you both have been creating and participating in challenges. It seems my mojo has moved out of state. I'm starting to fear she will never return!

I did do another tutorial for SCS ( coming up in a couple of weeks). Let me say that trying to create with no mojo is incredibly frustrating! I ruined a couple of sheets of metal and several pieces of cardstock. Finally got to the place where I just had to say " it is what it is". I had nothing left to fight for a better outcome! Lol!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #4280
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I'm very jealous of the fact that you both have been creating and participating in challenges. It seems my mojo has moved out of state. I'm starting to fear she will never return!

I did do another tutorial for SCS ( coming up in a couple of weeks). Let me say that trying to create with no mojo is incredibly frustrating! I ruined a couple of sheets of metal and several pieces of cardstock. Finally got to the place where I just had to say " it is what it is". I had nothing left to fight for a better outcome! Lol!
I feel your pain. I am really happy that I've been able to produce. Been cruising thru the DTGD challenges. So far have managed to get all but 4 done of those that have been posted. PLUS today I combined 2 with gina k release challenges - sweet! Maybe I'll win a stamp set. ha! wishful thinking.

Waiting on my distress stains to come. I ordered all the new ones except the white one, because that wasn't part of the special deal. I finally started to play with the ones I have and really love them.