Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #4041
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
Next time I get one I'll try to remember to let you know. I get emails from facebook.
Thanks, Melody! Everyone is trying to get me to do FB, but I figure that would just give me another reason to be on the computer way more than I should be! I'm sure that one of these days I'll have to give in, as technology will demand that type of networking. But for now, I'm still not on that wagon!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #4042
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

I haven't stamped in nearly 2 weeks! I'm just not feeling it! I can't believe no one has chattied in so many days here. Did you start a new thread without me?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #4043
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey Dawn. I guess we've all been busy. For some reason, I'm finding the days (and months actually) just flying by. Have no idea where they've gone.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #4044
Stazon Splitcoast

Been crazy busy too. Waited until almost the last minute to do my DT project that was due on Friday. Then I swear we drove all over So Cal this weekend. Hate when the schedule goes like that!

Spent most of yesderday taking pics of my kid playing in the snow. Then of course, we had to watch the All Star game.

I actually have to work all day today ( ahhh! The wonders of technology! I'm chatting thru my phone!) and tomorrow. And possibly 1/2 day Wed. Puts a damper on stamping!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #4045
Proud Fan Club Member

I had planned on going to my sister's today and probably not getting anything crafty done. That's usually what happens, because I can't take ALL my supplies with me and then what I want or need is at home. But we always have a good time together anyway. Haven't been over there since Christmas. That's how fast time is flying. I guess it's partly due to all the winter weather we've had this year. Which is why I didn't go today. Yesterday we had rain, sleet, snow all day, but it kept changing from one to another. Then changed to snow overnight. It's been snowing lightly all day today. And I'm a wimp and decided to not go. My tires aren't in very good condition, so I don't like to take chances.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #4046
Stazon Splitcoast

Better to be safe than sorry! Not worth taking the risk. Maybe you and your sister need to have a virtual stamp day. Get on the IM and stamp away!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #4047
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Better to be safe than sorry! Not worth taking the risk. Maybe you and your sister need to have a virtual stamp day. Get on the IM and stamp away!
haha! I hate IM. I'm not all that much a yakker.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #4048
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
haha! I hate IM. I'm not all that much a yakker.
Would you believe the ONLY person I IM is Amber (Bambi64)....otherwise, nope! I do text more than I ever thought I would.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #4049

whew! glad to hear you are both just living life too! I am really trying to get these 20 Bday cards made for a customer. And...some DT stuff...okay more than some. Trying to double up on things...but it's a slow, slow, slow go!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #4050
Stazon Splitcoast

ugghhh...After working two full days ( I have to work another 1/2 day tomorrow and full day Friday)....All I have to show is MOUNDS of laundry, a sink full of dishes that need to be done....and a tired body that only wants to sit and maybe try to create something....maybe....mojo is pretty tired
Old 02-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #4051
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, hello, quiet people! How are you girls. I went to my sister's yesterday. Took black, white and cream cardstock, a few ink pads and a stash of scraps (bits & pieces of cs, some stamped images, etc.) that had been cleared off a table. I decided to try and put some cards together from all that. I actually got two almost done. Just need to put a sentiment on one and play with the other awhile. Not sure where I'm going with that one.

Anyone doing VSN? I was going to and then right before it was suppose to start, my monitor when black. I thought I was going to be computer-less tonight, but after maybe a half hour it came back on.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #4052
Stazon Splitcoast

No VSN for me. I ended up working 4 out of 5 days this week. And on my dayhttp://sn-exploringcreativity.blogspot.com/ "off", I took oldest DS to urgent care, as it seemed his wrist was not getting better and he was pinpointing to an area of a wrist bone that is a common break ( and of course, the one wrist bone that has a poor blood supply, so healing can be iffy if not treated right away). He is in a splint cast now with an appointment with the ortho doc on Mon.
I've decided that this weekend HAS to be dedicated to making my house presentable! Tired of the mess!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #4053
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
No VSN for me. I ended up working 4 out of 5 days this week. And on my dayhttp://sn-exploringcreativity.blogspot.com/ "off", I took oldest DS to urgent care, as it seemed his wrist was not getting better and he was pinpointing to an area of a wrist bone that is a common break ( and of course, the one wrist bone that has a poor blood supply, so healing can be iffy if not treated right away). He is in a splint cast now with an appointment with the ortho doc on Mon.
I've decided that this weekend HAS to be dedicated to making my house presentable! Tired of the mess!
Bummer on the wrist. Of course, at that age, they milk the sympathy for all it's worth. lol

I haven't managed to do any vsn challenges, but I did finally finish the two cards from yesterday. I'll try to get them posted tomorrow.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #4054
Stazon Splitcoast

Well so far, the kid hasn't tried to milk it too bad. I don't think he has any pain with the wrist immobilized. That was the hard thing trying to decide whether or not to take him in. He really didn't have too much pain unless he moved it a certain way.

Been cleaning all day. Not done, but there is a layer off a couple of rooms!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #4055

just popping in so you two know I'm still alive! hope all is well...

stil super slow stamping..but my piano is certainly improving!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #4056
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, Dawn.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #4057
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmercedes View Post
just popping in so you two know I'm still alive! hope all is well...

stil super slow stamping..but my piano is certainly improving!
Well! That is something!!
I unfortunately, cannot say the same....I am now working again all day tomorrow.
No stamping. No cleaning. No grocery shopping. Did I mention no stamping?!

Once I get off work, my mojo goes into hiding! I NEED to start working on a project for Friday for another blog hop.....what I'd rather do is curl up in bed and just sleep!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #4058

I think I'm ready to give up stamping. entirely.

and when I said that, DD cheered and said "great, now we can have a dining room again!"

???
Old 03-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #4059
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think I'm ready to give up stamping. entirely.

and when I said that, DD cheered and said "great, now we can have a dining room again!"

???
I'd say that you need to just walk away from it for a while. You crank out the cards!! Just give yourself permission to explore another type of creativity (like your piano) for a while.

Then, if the urge hits to stamp, do it because you want too, not because you HAVE to
Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #4060
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I'd say that you need to just walk away from it for a while. You crank out the cards!! Just give yourself permission to explore another type of creativity (like your piano) for a while.

Then, if the urge hits to stamp, do it because you want too, not because you HAVE to
I totally agree. There are times when I just feel burned out with stamping, so I just allow myself some days when that is not an obligation. There are times when I haven't stamped in a week or two.

I used to do the challenge every day Monday through Saturday. Now I don't even look at the color challenge -- I was teaching a class on Tuesdays and it became too much to fit in the challenge. I usually still try to do the inspiration challenge (always been my fav), occasionally get the technique done, or the sketch, or ways to use it. But more often, I don't do any of those.

I'm obligated to make cards for my two monthly classes as well as the one design team I'm on. Anything else is just for fun. If it gets to the point that it isn't fun, then I shouldn't even be trying to do it.

I can remember jumping in with both feet for VSN and trying to do every challenge. This time, I only managed 3 cards and I'm completely satisfied with that.

I think another motivation killer is trying to be or mimic someone else in my artwork. I will never be anyone but the person God made me, with the talents that He gave me. If I'm making a card to encourage someone, does the card need to be a masterpiece? Absolutely not.

So give yourself time to just be you. Allow yourself some time away from the pressure of creating just for the sake of creating. When you feel the urge/need to create, then go for it, but don't feel you have to force yourself.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #4061
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I totally agree. There are times when I just feel burned out with stamping, so I just allow myself some days when that is not an obligation. There are times when I haven't stamped in a week or two.

I used to do the challenge every day Monday through Saturday. Now I don't even look at the color challenge -- I was teaching a class on Tuesdays and it became too much to fit in the challenge. I usually still try to do the inspiration challenge (always been my fav), occasionally get the technique done, or the sketch, or ways to use it. But more often, I don't do any of those.

I'm obligated to make cards for my two monthly classes as well as the one design team I'm on. Anything else is just for fun. If it gets to the point that it isn't fun, then I shouldn't even be trying to do it.

I can remember jumping in with both feet for VSN and trying to do every challenge. This time, I only managed 3 cards and I'm completely satisfied with that.

I think another motivation killer is trying to be or mimic someone else in my artwork. I will never be anyone but the person God made me, with the talents that He gave me. If I'm making a card to encourage someone, does the card need to be a masterpiece? Absolutely not.

So give yourself time to just be you. Allow yourself some time away from the pressure of creating just for the sake of creating. When you feel the urge/need to create, then go for it, but don't feel you have to force yourself.
You know....this is good advise re: blogging too! I start to get stressed out because I haven't produced anything for a blog post. I started blogging as a means to share....not stress about!! I NEED to remember that it doesn't pay (not into addng advertisements on my blog), it doesn't have two boys hollerin' "MOM, I need.....!" and it doesn't work part time (or lately, pretty much full time).

Those who chose to follow my blog will either follow through thick and thin postings, or they can chose to leave. It's about the journey!!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #4062
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
You know....this is good advise re: blogging too! I start to get stressed out because I haven't produced anything for a blog post. I started blogging as a means to share....not stress about!! I NEED to remember that it doesn't pay (not into addng advertisements on my blog), it doesn't have two boys hollerin' "MOM, I need.....!" and it doesn't work part time (or lately, pretty much full time).

Those who chose to follow my blog will either follow through thick and thin postings, or they can chose to leave. It's about the journey!!
Oh yeah! When I first started my blog, I had grandiose ideas about posting every day, but.... I don't think I've ever gone a whole week where I posted every day. I'm just not all about sharing my family life ups and downs like some people. I'm much too private a person. I do not want the rest of the world knowing all about us. So, if I post, it's because I have a card or project to share. My original thoughts were that I'd share about my SU business, but even that didn't happen.

Whenever I get an email notification that someone unsubscribed from my blog, my first reaction is why? what did I do wrong? what am I not doing right? And then I think, I'm not blogging to satisfy everyone else. But sometimes a person unsubscribes to email, because they are using a reader. If I could figure out how to remove the email notifications for that, I would.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #4063

Well, I had to start stamping. 1. my eldest is not home sick...#3 did go back to school today. And so I can't practice the piano b/c his room is above the piano! haha. And 2. I have a customer that ordered 20 bday cards...and I"m getting long in delivering. But I just made three absolutely AWESOME cards for three of her grandsons. I used the spring card as the base. It's just awesome. Now I need to make 2 for 13 year old twins. I was thinking of using that cell phone set from you Melody. Only, I bet they want uniquely different. So, one will be getting the cell phone. Not sure what I'm going to do for the other gal.

Then, I'm going to take that 100$ for this job and get my piano tuned. I've had it for nearly 12 years..and never tuned it. Oh yeah, it was bought used. But I think I will use the money for that.

Okay, any suggestions for a newly teen girl....for a card theme?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #4064

oh, I think I'm going to make the girls easle cards. I haven't made one of those yet!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #4065
Proud Fan Club Member

Is she a girly girl? Have a crush on some star? You could print out a pic.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #4066

Oh..that is such a great idea. I'll have to tuck that away into my own memory for my DD in the future.

I haven't met these grandkids so I don't know her personality. I remembered that I have a girl sitting at a computer...so I used that in purples....adn the cell phone in pinks.

DD is drooling all over them! She's 10. So I think they must be pretty cool. haha
Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #4067
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Oh..that is such a great idea. I'll have to tuck that away into my own memory for my DD in the future.

I haven't met these grandkids so I don't know her personality. I remembered that I have a girl sitting at a computer...so I used that in purples....adn the cell phone in pinks.

DD is drooling all over them! She's 10. So I think they must be pretty cool. haha
with lots of sparkly stuff... lol

Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #4068

okay, Melody..yesterday I used that cellphone set you gifted me...

Sunnyside Up: Happy Birthday, Teenager!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #4069
Stazon Splitcoast

Your cards turned out great, Dawn!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #4070
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok....something funky is going on with my gallery. I just went there to see if I had uploaded yesterdays project and the "newest" card is from Dec!! I KNOW that I have uploaded several cards since then (even if they didn't get many looks!)

Any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #4071
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Ok....something funky is going on with my gallery. I just went there to see if I had uploaded yesterdays project and the "newest" card is from Dec!! I KNOW that I have uploaded several cards since then (even if they didn't get many looks!)

Any suggestions?
I'm seeing the distressed card with tim's birdcage as the latest (march 4)

Old 03-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #4072
Stazon Splitcoast

closed down the site and opened again and wa-lah! everything back....

HATE computers some times
Old 03-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #4073
Stazon Splitcoast

Just booked a flight for my cousin's wedding in June.....no DH/boys going with me.
Wonder if this will be the kick in the rear I need to drop this extra weight?! Nothing like the possibility of family gossip to motivate oneself!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #4074
Stazon Splitcoast

uggghhhh.....both boys have to participate in the school's science fair this year. The fair is not until April and I'm already SICK of it!!

Spent most of my afternoon helping younger DS come up with a project....
Oldest has an idea (and lucky for him, mom looked up an experiement on it!) but now he needs to type up his detailed outline.....
Old 03-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #4075
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
uggghhhh.....both boys have to participate in the school's science fair this year. The fair is not until April and I'm already SICK of it!!

Oldest has an idea (and lucky for him, mom looked up an experiement on it!) but now he needs to type up his detailed outline.....
I do not envy you!

Old 03-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #4076
Stazon Splitcoast

I actually participated in a challenge today.....
Of course, it was not one of SCS's....used the MoJo Sketch.....
Rather nice to create for just the fun of it! Been a while for that type of creating!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #4077
Proud Fan Club Member

I figured out how to set a scheduled blog post, and it worked. I shut off my alarm this morning and fell back asleep and my post went live while I was sleeping. That was cool.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #4078

Quote:

oh man.so much work!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #4079
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I figured out how to set a scheduled blog post, and it worked. I shut off my alarm this morning and fell back asleep and my post went live while I was sleeping. That was cool.
I think the first couple of times I did a scheduled post I didn't sleep at all, worried that I had done something wrong!

One thing to keep in mind: if you've hit publish on your scheduled post and then need to edit it, don't forget to hit publish again. Ask me how I know!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #4080
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
oh man.so much work!
Don't I know it! Luckily, both boys chose topics that should only take one day to collect all the test results. (crossing fingers). I think I'd pull my hair out if they had chosen something that required weeks of data recording!