Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #1801
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
Thanks Worse. He had the congestion and sore throat from Monday and sinus pressure - well we both suffer with that every time a weather system moves in or out of here - so we just put it down to that. His just didn't clear. Mine on Tuesday night turned into a full blown migraine yesterday. We certainly won't miss that aspect of living at 3000 feet.
Oh man. I guess I'm glad I have never lived up that high!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #1802

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Sorry your DH isn't feeling well.

Mine has been sitting on the sofa trying not to literally hack up his lungs...
Oh dear! I hope your DH is feeling better fast, too!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #1803
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbb View Post
We had a nice holiday break. DH and the older kids are back at school today. Its nice and quiet and the house is clean. Ahh...I needed that. Something about having him at home makes things crazy!

We hosted three holiday get togethers at our house, attended a party for DH's work and hung out with the kids a lot.

I wasn't recovering from drunk on New Year's Day, Marge. I did, however, have to recover slightly on a couple of other occassions.
Bo!!! You're bback! Glad you had a good holiday!! Cinco is adorable and very much your Mini-Me! I love seeing all the little BBs grow up!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #1804

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
OMG - Amber, you're very good at catch up!

Geezer party was smaller than usual this year. Two people have died, several couples were off to the warm places earlier than usual, three people were sick... But it was fun. We sat and visited and ate potluck and drank wine w/prosecco at midnight.

My brother, at one point, changed the clock back an hour and no one noticed until it was almost 'midnight' - then we figured it out and argued about whether we should change it or just give in and have midnight an hour early, LOL. Ended up doing fireworks early and having the prosecco right at the real midnight - everyone was gone a glass later, LOL.

DH stayed to help clean up - I think he had the rest of the prosecco because he was awfully giggly when he came home!

Be careful running on the street - I know why you have to do it, but be careful!
I love your brother's sense of humor!! Tipsy DH sounds adorable. That's so sad about the group of people there getting smaller. Was it hard for your Mom? It sounds like such a lovely party though. There's something so wonderful about a group of friends that's stayed together that long. I hope that it was a lovely evening and a warm chance to share and cherish happy memories.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #1805

One of my Dad's friends still keeps me on his Hanukkah/Christmas list. He's a former high-powered NY atty and amazingly musical, creative guy. He and Dad used to organize musical evenings at retirement homes--they'd get folks together to sing songs from the 40s. Friend's kept up the tradition--he still plays at 3 retirement homes every month. Every year he records a CD (this year was 80s songs!) and sends a few of his amazing photographs (he's had his photos of NY collected and published) along with his annual letter. I love hearing from him every year. It brings back so many memories of Dad and of a really wonderful friendship that lasted decades.

Right after we moved down here from old house, he found video from Dad's 70th birthday, converted it to DVD and sent it to us. I was so sad that Dad would never sing here and we got the DVD and his friend made that possible. It was such a thoughtful, generous thing to do, especially for someone who clearly had way bigger stuff to worry about.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #1806

Quote:
Busy day. DH came home very early. His boss sent him to sick call - he has sinusitis and developing an ear infection. they didn't give him antibiotics straight off, just put him on quarters for 2 days. If the meds they did give him don't kick it by Tuesday then he has to have antibiotics. He's looking miserable but did manage to cut a couple of stencils for me on the Silhouette.
Oh Karen. I hope he feels better. Sinus stuff is just biseribble, stuffle.

Please tell both DH and the Silhouette that I said hello... tell him I will toast his recovery in my wonderful favorite mug.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #1807

Quote:
Thanks Worse. He had the congestion and sore throat from Monday and sinus pressure - well we both suffer with that every time a weather system moves in or out of here - so we just put it down to that. His just didn't clear. Mine on Tuesday night turned into a full blown migraine yesterday. We certainly won't miss that aspect of living at 3000 feet.

Sometimes humidity is a good thing. I hope you feel better too, Karen.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #1808

Quote:
Sorry your DH isn't feeling well.

Mine has been sitting on the sofa trying not to literally hack up his lungs...
Oh NO. PH that sounds miserable. I hope he feels better too. That's just exhausting.

I imagine it's exhausting to listen to as well.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #1809

Well, off to plug the ethernet cable into work laptop in a minute.

I went to get glasses replaced last night. Should have gone before year end--forgot my insurance deductibles were going up. I did get new frames from the folks who made the old green ones I had for years. They're a little different--not quite as bold. I'll send a pic when I pick them up.

Also found out that after years of Eye Dr telling me I would need bifocals this year and my very smugly not needing them at all... well... it is time. It's weird because none of the big-zero birthdays have bummed me out at all--not even 50. My knees and back don't like me so much any more and my asthma's gotten worse, but it's all stuff WEARING OUT from GOOD USE!!!! So THERE, phhhtttfftttpppttt!!!!

But for some reason this felt like Mother Nature and Father time smacking me upside the head with a big dead fish. Also smacked my budget upside the head with big dead fish--could have gotten the bifocals with lines that are way cheaper but I have to admit I bid adieu to the pitiful, barely recovered savings in my acct and got the lenses with no lines. I'm just not ready for that line yet. Sigh.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #1810
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
One of my Dad's friends still keeps me on his Hanukkah/Christmas list. He's a former high-powered NY atty and amazingly musical, creative guy. He and Dad used to organize musical evenings at retirement homes--they'd get folks together to sing songs from the 40s. Friend's kept up the tradition--he still plays at 3 retirement homes every month. Every year he records a CD (this year was 80s songs!) and sends a few of his amazing photographs (he's had his photos of NY collected and published) along with his annual letter. I love hearing from him every year. It brings back so many memories of Dad and of a really wonderful friendship that lasted decades.

Right after we moved down here from old house, he found video from Dad's 70th birthday, converted it to DVD and sent it to us. I was so sad that Dad would never sing here and we got the DVD and his friend made that possible. It was such a thoughtful, generous thing to do, especially for someone who clearly had way bigger stuff to worry about.
That'svery neat, MO!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #1811
blaBBermouth

Sorry to hear all the hubs are sick. Mine isn't great either. He did something to his hip and is a mess, struggling to walk and his back is killing him bc of it.

Although, I don't feel that bad for him give his rounds of *** hattery lately. Sometimes Karma comes around.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #1812
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:

Your dad's friend sounds like a genuinely terrific guy.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #1813
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Oh NO. PH that sounds miserable. I hope he feels better too. That's just exhausting.

I imagine it's exhausting to listen to as well.
Thanks, Jane.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #1814
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

y'all have to go see parental guidance.

i cried i laughed so hard.

way past pee my pants - i was rolling nad in tears.

it is HILARIOUS!

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1815

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbb View Post
That'svery neat, MO!
Dad had awesome friendships. I have a couple of paintings friends gave him, one from I think the 1940s or 50s, one from the 1990s. I was so sad that my sister (or BIL I guess) didn't want any of them but not that sad since I wound up with them!

I also inherited painting Dad bought from sister's first ex-fiance. Really cool geometric modern abstract. It looks great on orange wall where dining room leads off down hall to powder room and garage.

I know Dad would absolutely love all of you. He did NOT like the internet or anything online but I think if he'd lived long enough to hear about how close we've all gotten, he'd probably be bemused and/but/or/also impressed that people from all over the country and across an ocean could find each other and have such a sustained, lively correspondence! I wish I could tell him how much I've learned from all of you, and how much it's meant to have that day-to-day view into a world full of kids growing up. You all have no idea how much that's meant to me, or how much love that's brought into my life.

He'd probably also have agreed with ERK's husband when it came to the visits, though... are you SURE you all aren't secretly axe murderers? :mrgreen?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #1816

Actually, I have a really cool sequence of action photos Hanukkah/Christmas CD and photo friend took of Dad playing tennis when Dad was well into his 70s. Friend framed four shots taken in sequence of Dad's forehand and 4 of his backhand. It's nice to have Dad playing tennis with me at work!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #1817

Quote:
Your dad's friend sounds like a genuinely terrific guy.
He's amazing. My Mom has some incredible friends as well.

Profound friendship is a family tradition I'm very proud to carry on!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
y'all have to go see parental guidance.

i cried i laughed so hard.

way past pee my pants - i was rolling nad in tears.

it is HILARIOUS!
Ex used to rate comedies by how many inhaler hits I needed from the asthma attacks I got laughing--this sounds like one I should not even think about seeing without meds... or Depends, now that I'm needing bifocals...
Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #1819

So today I discovered that a BIG hazard of wfh is that it's time for neighborhood Girl Scout to show up selling cookies...
Old 01-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #1820

Well, I'm off to feed pups, then we're all going over to Debbie and the collies' house.

I love it that Friday night, my dogs have a standing date!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #1821
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:
Dad had awesome friendships. I have a couple of paintings friends gave him, one from I think the 1940s or 50s, one from the 1990s. I was so sad that my sister (or BIL I guess) didn't want any of them but not that sad since I wound up with them!

I also inherited painting Dad bought from sister's first ex-fiance. Really cool geometric modern abstract. It looks great on orange wall where dining room leads off down hall to powder room and garage.

I know Dad would absolutely love all of you. He did NOT like the internet or anything online but I think if he'd lived long enough to hear about how close we've all gotten, he'd probably be bemused and/but/or/also impressed that people from all over the country and across an ocean could find each other and have such a sustained, lively correspondence! I wish I could tell him how much I've learned from all of you, and how much it's meant to have that day-to-day view into a world full of kids growing up. You all have no idea how much that's meant to me, or how much love that's brought into my life.

He'd probably also have agreed with ERK's husband when it came to the visits, though... are you SURE you all aren't secretly axe murderers? :mrgreen?
Apparently I'll be dropping an egg soon because I just burst into tears reading this. Oh Janie I just love you!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #1822

Quote:
He's amazing. My Mom has some incredible friends as well.

Profound friendship is a family tradition I'm very proud to carry on!
I kinda felt that the other night out with my friends. I've known one since I was in 7th grade, one from hs but gotten way closer now, one was the boy I literally stalked, rode/drove by his house and all. but we're all very honest and sweet with each other now as well as hilarious and serious and quiet and embarrassing and flirty and would help each other at a moments notice. It's so fulfilling to have people like that in your life.

The best part for me tho is funny. ALl of my really really dear friends are the ones that just get so much joy and laughter out of life. The guy fell and shattered his arm and shoulder in October and we all keep in touch thru IMs so kknew about it but not too much detail. well he told us the other night how relieved he was that the doctor put together his tattoos well. He was so petrified he'd lose that part of him, even in the face of possibly losing the arm he joked to the doctor if that happened could he have it to frame and keep the tattoos (gross!) but that willingness to have levity in your life says a lot. Especially since he'd been planning on asking his long time GF to marry him and instead they broke up in the same week as his injury.

when all is said and done you gotta laugh. And be honest. The rest falls into place.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #1823

Uh oh sappy much?
Ignore that last post. Pretend I said something snarky and called the guy hawt and move on
nothing to see here
move along
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Apparently I'll be dropping an egg soon because I just burst into tears reading this. Oh Janie I just love you!
Sappy American!

No worse than me bursting into tears Christmas morning when I opened my sister's gift and there was a black lab ornament there.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Sappy American!

No worse than me bursting into tears Christmas morning when I opened my sister's gift and there was a black lab ornament there.
right? *sigh*

But last night I was watching a Craig Ferguson I recorded and was laughing so hard and so loud DH came in to the bedroom to tell me to shut up because he couldn't hear his movie in the front room!
It was when Craig was in Scotland
Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #1826

Quote:

Sweet. Y'all have some really nice friendships.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #1827

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
right? *sigh*

But last night I was watching a Craig Ferguson I recorded and was laughing so hard and so loud DH came in to the bedroom to tell me to shut up because he couldn't hear his movie in the front room!
It was when Craig was in Scotland
Oh! They are rerunning those this week, from last May! Michael Clarke Duncan has died in the interim so the new shows have a tribute to him at the beginning.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #1828

Quote:
Well, off to plug the ethernet cable into work laptop in a minute.

I went to get glasses replaced last night. Should have gone before year end--forgot my insurance deductibles were going up. I did get new frames from the folks who made the old green ones I had for years. They're a little different--not quite as bold. I'll send a pic when I pick them up.

Also found out that after years of Eye Dr telling me I would need bifocals this year and my very smugly not needing them at all... well... it is time. It's weird because none of the big-zero birthdays have bummed me out at all--not even 50. My knees and back don't like me so much any more and my asthma's gotten worse, but it's all stuff WEARING OUT from GOOD USE!!!! So THERE, phhhtttfftttpppttt!!!!

But for some reason this felt like Mother Nature and Father time smacking me upside the head with a big dead fish. Also smacked my budget upside the head with big dead fish--could have gotten the bifocals with lines that are way cheaper but I have to admit I bid adieu to the pitiful, barely recovered savings in my acct and got the lenses with no lines. I'm just not ready for that line yet. Sigh.
There's always something that hits you.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #1829

Quote:
Ex used to rate comedies by how many inhaler hits I needed from the asthma attacks I got laughing--this sounds like one I should not even think about seeing without meds... or Depends, now that I'm needing bifocals...
this is probably a 8-9 inhaler hit movie... i died... lol

To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #1830

Quote:
i wear bifocal lenses because i refuse to wear bifocal glasses... (and have been in bifocals for 2 years)

i am NOT that old yet... lol!

To date 20 completed!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #1831

janie - i love you too!
but i'm not going all sappy american on you... when i drop eggs - i get nasty! lol!

To date 20 completed!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1832

How'd we be able to tell?
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1833

hey - youre the one that told everyone to shuddap!

To date 20 completed!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1834

so shuddup already
Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1835

nope - because i'm the one that's always right!

To date 20 completed!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #1836

you know - there are some days that i wonder what stalkers think of us... lol

To date 20 completed!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #1837

They think we're awesome. DUH
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #1838
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Pondies, it was busy back at work this week. Luckily it was a short week.

I've been reading & keeping up, just not commenting.

I do hope all the sick family members are feeling better.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #1839

Hey Marge, wazzup.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #1840

DH and I went for Indian food tonight. Our last 2-3 visits have been to a nearby Indian Restaurant but when we pulled up there, it was GONE. So we drove a little further to the one that we had been going to.

Yum.