Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #1761
neglecting the kids and housework

I have to work again tonight. I'm not so looking forward to it. My least favorite manager and I'll likely have the department I really hate. Doesn't help that I get told I am put there because I do a good job, quickly and correctly. Here's an idea, tell the people that do NOT do that to do it!

But! Tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with my friends. GNO is on! Me, two of the hs besties and the guy we all had a crush on. It's always so much fun getting together.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #1762
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Sorry you have to work tonight. And yeah, that sounds familiar.... Kinda makes you realize why the good people generally don't stick around too long.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #1763
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
I have to work again tonight. I'm not so looking forward to it. My least favorite manager and I'll likely have the department I really hate. Doesn't help that I get told I am put there because I do a good job, quickly and correctly. Here's an idea, tell the people that do NOT do that to do it!

But! Tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with my friends. GNO is on! Me, two of the hs besties and the guy we all had a crush on. It's always so much fun getting together.
Hope it wasn't too bad last night and that dinner tonight ROCKS!!!! Old friends are just such a joy. People you don't have to explain your jokes from the dawn of time to, since they lived the whole history...
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #1764
blaBBermouth

hi.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #1765
blaBBermouth

Its been a while. I didn't even open my laptop the entire length of Christmas break. Feels weird to have it open and on the counter. Too bad I can't even access my email for some reason. And I know I have tons of emails to reply to. Ugh.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #1766
blaBBermouth

How was everyone's holidays? I'll try to flip back and see if I can catch up.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #1767
blaBBermouth

Quote:
ok yeah so caught up.
I'm off to bed soon
Spent the day visiting my uncle in the hospital. He has terrible diverticulitis and abcesses and all kinds of gut issues. Hasn't eaten in days. He's 6'2" and weighs 181 pounds! Then attempted lunch with the rest of the family and one trendy little place. there were 8 of us and in the whole place were only 6 tables. Asshat idea. So then I got fed up and we left to go somewhere without them lol. They went off to another trendy place. I'm kind of over waiting on a burger when instead we drove right over to our fave bbq place and sat right down and ate.
Got home after a fun drive in the rain (rain and rain and more rain) and made chocolate covered pb balls (buckeyes to noncalifornians) and sugar cookie dough. Baked off uh, 7 dozen maybe 8. They'll get frosted tomorrow.
Zach wanted a salad for dinner and Dh wanted a can of soup and Jacob sort of nibbled so I got off easy there.
Then got a comment on fb from sis. Asked her if she was coming to our house on Christmas since she didn't RSVP (annoyance 1). Oh yeah she says and probably with K and A (annoyance 2 and 3). No asking if they could extend the invite. ugh. I'll be avoiding people in my own house Christmas. Should be fun. Maybe they'll ahve to leave early.

Anyway the kids need to get to bed and I need to get to bed soon after so I can get up early and clean and frost and celan again and make breadsticks and finish cleaning before I go to work. Only working 6:30- 9. not sure what they think I'll accomplish but i an NOT going in early and I didn't go in today since I wasn't scheduled even tho three different people called me on three different occasions and asked me to work. Hey here's an idea...write up a decent schedule and overstaff it you lame-oes. I'm pretty sure if you ask someone to leave early they'll be fine with that.

Wow I'm just a ray of sunshine right? lol

Time to tuck kids in.
TWSS
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #1768
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Tamales for Christmas and Christmas Eve is a big tradition out here. I've helped make them once but it's more fun just being on the receiving end.
TWSS
Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #1769
blaBBermouth

Quote:
I meant I texted BB. i'm sure it tested her patience tho. Me bugging her on Christmas. It helped me not kill anyone tho.
It didn't bother me at all! I loved it. It helped keep me sane.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #1770
blaBBermouth

oK...catch up was long!!!

Marge-glad you had a nice visit with sister. I loved my tag. I packed it away with the rest of my ornaments so I can love it again next year.

Wrose-Sorry you're having to let go of your babies. I'm not far from DS if something happens and you need an immediate adult to go there.

ERK-the foods you made sound yummy! Where will you spend Christmas next year in the RV?

V-loved hearing from you over the holidays.

E-I can't believe you have that many pics! I am a terrible mom when it comes to pics. I never order them and hardly ever have them taken. Its terrible.

PH-how's the new laptop? Both boys wore the coats you gave them out in the snow the other day. The orange coat is on its last legs, but ds2 is now able to wear it. Its still going!

Alyson, how was the geezer party?

Mo-glad you enjoyed the party despite its early beginning. At a party like that, I always put "arrive anytime after 6" for a start time.

RS-Did you get to see the grandchildren over the holiday? I bet you snuggled them all up!

Did I miss anyone?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #1771
blaBBermouth

We had a nice holiday break. DH and the older kids are back at school today. Its nice and quiet and the house is clean. Ahh...I needed that. Something about having him at home makes things crazy!

We hosted three holiday get togethers at our house, attended a party for DH's work and hung out with the kids a lot.

I wasn't recovering from drunk on New Year's Day, Marge. I did, however, have to recover slightly on a couple of other occassions.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #1772
blaBBermouth

Here's a pic of me and my little mini BB
Attached Thumbnails
mom-dorothy-12-12.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #1773
blaBBermouth

OK...off to take a bath and throw myself together. Pick kids up from school, visit chiropractor, stop at home for dinner, take DD to game to cheer, run on the street while she warms up, make it back by 7 to watch her cheer, come home and collapse. *sigh*
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #1774
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Ur kids are already back to school??? Wow!!

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #1775
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbb View Post
OK...off to take a bath and throw myself together. Pick kids up from school, visit chiropractor, stop at home for dinner, take DD to game to cheer, run on the street while she warms up, make it back by 7 to watch her cheer, come home and collapse. *sigh*
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #1776
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
My guys are back to school too.

DH went in to work, but came back home around 11:30 because he wasn't feeling well. I woke up around 5:30 when he was getting ready for work, and didn't fall back asleep before time to get the boys up and ready for school. So now I'd like to take a nap but there's no chance of that happening.

Last edited by PH in VA; 01-02-2013 at 10:00 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #1777
Band Mom

Amber, good to see you (and Cinco)!

Honestly, I haven't done anything with the laptop since Christmas Day, except for look over DH's shoulder at it a few days ago.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #1778
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
Today was the first day back. DH went back to work too, which was probably a good thing before I comitted justifiable homicide.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #1779
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
LOL. Run on the street versus the track because the track will be snow covered. The street will have been salted and plowed.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #1780

Good morning! Nice to see you back, Amber. And hello to PH!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #1781

Quote:
Today was the first day back. DH went back to work too, which was probably a good thing before I comitted justifiable homicide.
yes, i was VERY thankful that dh went back to work... lol!

To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #1782
Glitter Guru

Quote:
oK...catch up was long!!! ...
Alyson, how was the geezer party?
OMG - Amber, you're very good at catch up!

Geezer party was smaller than usual this year. Two people have died, several couples were off to the warm places earlier than usual, three people were sick... But it was fun. We sat and visited and ate potluck and drank wine w/prosecco at midnight.

My brother, at one point, changed the clock back an hour and no one noticed until it was almost 'midnight' - then we figured it out and argued about whether we should change it or just give in and have midnight an hour early, LOL. Ended up doing fireworks early and having the prosecco right at the real midnight - everyone was gone a glass later, LOL.

DH stayed to help clean up - I think he had the rest of the prosecco because he was awfully giggly when he came home!

Be careful running on the street - I know why you have to do it, but be careful!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #1783
Glitter Guru

I thought DH was headed back to SD last night but he went to confirm his flight and it turned out he's not headed out til tomorrow night.

I thought the kids were back today, but they don't have to go to school til Monday. Good thing - DD's foot is still really bothering her, though she's getting used to the boot. Last night she was up past 3am, swollen and throbbing because no one at Mom's house (including my husband) remembered that she had to ice immediately after heating DESPITE my reminder call Anyway, with her up late, and me having trouble sleeping anyway, I just now finished getting 8 hours of sleep over the last 24 hrs.

I'm ready to have my schedule back to normal!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #1784

Our local schools don't go back til Monday.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #1785

We went to Red Robin tonight. Yum!

I got my free birthday burger tonight. I'd gotten the email that it was on my Loyalty Card for the month.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #1786

I think I have a little sinus headache.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #1787

Awww, the Charles Durning NCIS episode is on tomorrow afternoon on USA. At 4 p.m. if anyone is interested....

Old 01-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #1788
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
OMG - Amber, you're very good at catch up!

Geezer party was smaller than usual this year. Two people have died, several couples were off to the warm places earlier than usual, three people were sick... But it was fun. We sat and visited and ate potluck and drank wine w/prosecco at midnight.

My brother, at one point, changed the clock back an hour and no one noticed until it was almost 'midnight' - then we figured it out and argued about whether we should change it or just give in and have midnight an hour early, LOL. Ended up doing fireworks early and having the prosecco right at the real midnight - everyone was gone a glass later, LOL.

DH stayed to help clean up - I think he had the rest of the prosecco because he was awfully giggly when he came home!

Be careful running on the street - I know why you have to do it, but be careful!
I'm used to it. There are no sidewalks in rural areas where I live. So, its the track when its convenient or the road for regular runs.

When I run on my road, the speed limit is 55 and its a narrow two lane road with frequent dump trucks using it. I just watch curves and face traffic. I'm not suicidal, promise.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #1789
blaBBermouth

That was the fastest catch up in catch up history!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #1790

OMG last night was FUN!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #1791

I should start laundry
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #1792

Shopping with my gurls. Dd2 cleaned out her closet last week and except for her school polos. She had 5 tops that she could wear and 1 pair of pants. I'm such a bad mom. No wonder she kept stealing her sisters clothes... Lol

She got a bunch of money for Christmas so we r spending it today!!

To date 20 completed!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #1793

Hey

Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #1794

Busy busy. Went to WW, lunch with BFF and her son, who goes back to school in a few days, then home and working on ornaments. (Taking them down, that is.)

Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #1795
Stazon Splitcoast

Busy day. DH came home very early. His boss sent him to sick call - he has sinusitis and developing an ear infection. they didn't give him antibiotics straight off, just put him on quarters for 2 days. If the meds they did give him don't kick it by Tuesday then he has to have antibiotics. He's looking miserable but did manage to cut a couple of stencils for me on the Silhouette.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1796

Oh Karen, sorry DH feels badly.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1797
Stazon Splitcoast

DS1 and I went to the party shop and got plain blue plates, napkins etc. We'll stencil silver stars and moons for his wizard theme party. Pop rocks in soda make a great bubbling, popping, fizzing potion ( we just tried it!). They both worked hard on the wizard hat pinata, 2 layers of paper so far. I'll do the cake tomorrow and get the decoration done Sat am. Should be a fun party. We'll do some Minute to Win it games, adapted to suit wizards.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Worse. He had the congestion and sore throat from Monday and sinus pressure - well we both suffer with that every time a weather system moves in or out of here - so we just put it down to that. His just didn't clear. Mine on Tuesday night turned into a full blown migraine yesterday. We certainly won't miss that aspect of living at 3000 feet.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #1799
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
Busy day. DH came home very early. His boss sent him to sick call - he has sinusitis and developing an ear infection. they didn't give him antibiotics straight off, just put him on quarters for 2 days. If the meds they did give him don't kick it by Tuesday then he has to have antibiotics. He's looking miserable but did manage to cut a couple of stencils for me on the Silhouette.
Sorry your DH isn't feeling well.

Mine has been sitting on the sofa trying not to literally hack up his lungs...
Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #1800
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Sorry your DH isn't feeling well.

Mine has been sitting on the sofa trying not to literally hack up his lungs...
We're over the hacking part thank goodness. Hope your DH is feeling better soon.