Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #801
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

PH I remember when you directed us to look at where the school was once, and it was still an empty field on street view. (Google maps) If that's still true, then they haven't gone through and updated that. Although I believe YOU can report it to be updated. Whenever you pull up a map, on the bottom, toward the right, is "report a problem." You can click there. A couple years ago, their lettering was coming up right on top of the mileage measure thing, and I clicked and reported that. It's been fixed.

You might be able to speed up the update by providing the name and address of the school, and any other info they might be able to use.

Now if he used the map thing on the new iPhone, we'd just blame Apple. lol

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #802

If I got the right school, it looks like they do have the updated pic.

Not sure about his phone app. lol

I know when BFF got her car, it had GPS and she knew that if she wanted it to stay up to date, she'd have to pay for that - but she never has bothered.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #803
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
I still haven't seen a current IB&C to know whether or not there's anything new that I really need. Looking at it online isn't the same.
Seriously?? I mailed you one 3 months ago....; I freaking HATE my post office. I wonder if Taylor got hers!!

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #804

Quote:
And hot off the press, the results for ODS...

B-flat clarinet, 11th chair
E-flat alto clarinet, 2nd chair... making him eligible to audition for All-Virginia band!

I am one proud mom tonight!!!
So proud!!!!!

To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
You know, when DH and I can't decide what to do on our anniversary, we always opt for surgery, too!

LOLOLOLOLO!

Rainsong

(Feel better soon, E)
Lol. Hey. It works....

To date 20 completed!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #806

I love google maps on my iPhone. It's one of the best things about it.. My gps in the car... Not so much. It's never right

To date 20 completed!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #807

Ball was beautiful... I'm pissed about my seating arrangements though. And believe me I've raised Cain about it. I am an officer. I was sitting with the fundraising chair (who had nothing to do with the arrangements) and I was a top 5 donor.

They put me in the freaking back with the pledges AGAIN next to the bar so every freaking drunk idiot would spill their drink and bump me. I've been in the back the past 3 balls.

I had said something earlier in the week that I had paid for my seat this year I better not be in the back and I was.

Soooo pissed at the vp fundraising -who missed her target by $45000..... Nah nah. Probably because she pissed off all the other major donors...

To date 20 completed!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #808

But did I mention I'm going to Mexico???? We won a trip for 6... Woohoo.

To date 20 completed!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #809
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
But did I mention I'm going to Mexico???? We won a trip for 6... Woohoo.
WOWZA, that is some prize!!

Sorry that you were less than thrilled with the table seating....

Still want a photo of you looking lovely
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #810
Stazon Splitcoast

w00t! w00t!

Down 4 lbs at WW today
Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #811
Stazon Splitcoast

PH, I think poor DS deserves a little slack. Actually following the teacher/band leader was a pretty creative strategy
Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #812
Stazon Splitcoast

So Wrose, what will you do when DD takes the puppy away?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
WOWZA, that is some prize!!

Sorry that you were less than thrilled with the table seating....

Still want a photo of you looking lovely
we got a real good deal on it - there are 3 couples going and sharing a house. i'm very excited about it. there are some pictures of me on facebook - i'll have to post them elsewhere for you!!

To date 20 completed!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
Ball was beautiful... I'm pissed about my seating arrangements though. And believe me I've raised Cain about it. I am an officer. I was sitting with the fundraising chair (who had nothing to do with the arrangements) and I was a top 5 donor.

They put me in the freaking back with the pledges AGAIN next to the bar so every freaking drunk idiot would spill their drink and bump me. I've been in the back the past 3 balls.

I had said something earlier in the week that I had paid for my seat this year I better not be in the back and I was.

Soooo pissed at the vp fundraising -who missed her target by $45000..... Nah nah. Probably because she pissed off all the other major donors...
I saw pics on FB last night, E. Awesome! You looked terrific.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #815

Quote:
So Wrose, what will you do when DD takes the puppy away?
Not have to clean up after him?

Not get another dog yet.

Get the back patio door fixed, rip out deck (well not rip it out, have someone else rip it out) and put in a porch, remodel kitchen.

That should keep me busy!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #816

Quote:
w00t! w00t!

Down 4 lbs at WW today
Wow, that's great! Congrats!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #817
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Allloooo.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #818

I can haz come back to threadz now?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #819

Ack I haz some major catching upz to do...
Old 12-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #820

It's been a crazy month. I had a ton of catching up to do when I finally got back from parents' house. Mom is recovering way better than expected thank goodness but I was trying to work while spending 8-9 hours a day with Mom at the hospital, sometimes driving in once in the morning, coming back and working for a few hours, then going back in the evening. Hospital was 45 min from parents so I was getting up at 5:30 to get a couple of things out for work, going in, calling into meetings from home or hospital waiting room on the surgery floor and then talking to the Drs (Mom was eating lots of happy pills, stepdad when home for long naps every day so I tried to keep up with everything).

Did make it through 8 actual days without stepdad screaming at me, which will be published in next year's Guinness book of world records, although spending time with him is a bit like spending time in a house full of live ordnance with a gas leak and very frayed wiring. Got home and immediately got monstrous sinus infection so for about 3 weeks my 2 basic moods were 'at work' and 'in a coma.' Somewhere in there, either the wireless receiver on laptop and/or modem went out. At some point I'll call my friend on HOA board whose husband is a computer whiz and have him sort it all out but for now I've resorted to primitive technology of asking our admin if I could have an ethernet cable and just plug into the modem.

Of course this meant I had to clear off everything I'd dumped on the desk in my office where the modem lives, LOL... but a month after leaving for MA, I'm caught up at work, feeling a LOT better (infection was snot fun) and I'm enjoying the office I painted last winter! I never really started using it again after painting it, but I've moved the desk around to face the window instead of the wall and I LOVE it in here! I'd paid one of my friends from old team to help me hang pictures after I painted and it just feels so homey and comfy here!

I'd wanted to save up and get plantation shutters for the office so I could keep bottom part of window closed to keep Sonny from seeing things he could bark at but that's SOOOOO not in my budget after last couple of years(switching flights and double the rental car and dog sitter mean it's even more SOOOOO not in my budget). But Fri when I wfh'd in office for first time since painting it and rearranging furniture, I came up with the poor man's plantation shutter alternative: I opened the blinds, then manually closed the slats over the bottom window pane. Voila, problem solved, lots of light in office and no barking collie!

Dogs are doing well--trainer's been sick and out of town too so Sonny and I are in kind of a holding pattern doing our same routine and getting a little bored with it. We're both ready to learn some new tricks. Molly's had one more seizure since I got back but they're getting further apart (vet had me keep journal of them) so I hope they'll taper off and that it was just the new heartworm meds after they switched her. I finished the Christmas cards I started last year and never sent (Sonny ate a bunch of them and I kind of gave up after that) and finished Hanukkah cards yesterday just before sunset so I'll start mailing this week and go to a couple of parties next weekend. Then weekend after, dog and I head up to mtns to see my friend Mary. The out-laws want to have lunch with me while I'm up there--MOL has met Sonny but FOL still hasn't and he's looking foward to it. It will be great to see them!

Sooooo... now I can go catch up!

DANG but I've missed you all!!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #821
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
It's been a crazy month. I had a ton of catching up to do when I finally got back from parents' house. Mom is recovering way better than expected thank goodness but I was trying to work while spending 8-9 hours a day with Mom at the hospital, sometimes driving in once in the morning, coming back and working for a few hours, then going back in the evening. Hospital was 45 min from parents so I was getting up at 5:30 to get a couple of things out for work, going in, calling into meetings from home or hospital waiting room on the surgery floor and then talking to the Drs (Mom was eating lots of happy pills, stepdad when home for long naps every day so I tried to keep up with everything).

Did make it through 8 actual days without stepdad screaming at me, which will be published in next year's Guinness book of world records, although spending time with him is a bit like spending time in a house full of live ordnance with a gas leak and very frayed wiring. Got home and immediately got monstrous sinus infection so for about 3 weeks my 2 basic moods were 'at work' and 'in a coma.' Somewhere in there, either the wireless receiver on laptop and/or modem went out. At some point I'll call my friend on HOA board whose husband is a computer whiz and have him sort it all out but for now I've resorted to primitive technology of asking our admin if I could have an ethernet cable and just plug into the modem.

Of course this meant I had to clear off everything I'd dumped on the desk in my office where the modem lives, LOL... but a month after leaving for MA, I'm caught up at work, feeling a LOT better (infection was snot fun) and I'm enjoying the office I painted last winter! I never really started using it again after painting it, but I've moved the desk around to face the window instead of the wall and I LOVE it in here! I'd paid one of my friends from old team to help me hang pictures after I painted and it just feels so homey and comfy here!

I'd wanted to save up and get plantation shutters for the office so I could keep bottom part of window closed to keep Sonny from seeing things he could bark at but that's SOOOOO not in my budget after last couple of years(switching flights and double the rental car and dog sitter mean it's even more SOOOOO not in my budget). But Fri when I wfh'd in office for first time since painting it and rearranging furniture, I came up with the poor man's plantation shutter alternative: I opened the blinds, then manually closed the slats over the bottom window pane. Voila, problem solved, lots of light in office and no barking collie!

Dogs are doing well--trainer's been sick and out of town too so Sonny and I are in kind of a holding pattern doing our same routine and getting a little bored with it. We're both ready to learn some new tricks. Molly's had one more seizure since I got back but they're getting further apart (vet had me keep journal of them) so I hope they'll taper off and that it was just the new heartworm meds after they switched her. I finished the Christmas cards I started last year and never sent (Sonny ate a bunch of them and I kind of gave up after that) and finished Hanukkah cards yesterday just before sunset so I'll start mailing this week and go to a couple of parties next weekend. Then weekend after, dog and I head up to mtns to see my friend Mary. The out-laws want to have lunch with me while I'm up there--MOL has met Sonny but FOL still hasn't and he's looking foward to it. It will be great to see them!

Sooooo... now I can go catch up!

DANG but I've missed you all!!!!!
Boy I've missed your otter posts!

Sound like a month you won't want to repeat.

It is so neat that you & outlaws (LOL) are still on good terms.

How funny, I do the same trick with my blinds, in my bedroom. Ranch townhouse = ground floor bedroom. Close slats at bottom for privacy, open slats at top for sunlight.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #822
Stazon Splitcoast

Just made chicken & creamy wild rice mix for supper. Added carrots and onions and chicken to the Shore Lunch mix. 4 points a cup before I added the chicken.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to the best group of friends a girl could have living in her computer.

I really truly adore you all. Even Amber.
Thank you for everything. Sharing, lessons, laughs, recipes, books, grammar, motivation, support, donations...the list goes on and on. Kinda like Jane.

Love you guys!
Hey!

I stayed quiet for a really long time!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #824

Quote:
Sound like a month you won't want to repeat.

It is so neat that you & outlaws (LOL) are still on good terms.

How funny, I do the same trick with my blinds, in my bedroom. Ranch townhouse = ground floor bedroom. Close slats at bottom for privacy, open slats at top for sunlight.
Yes it was definitely a busy month. I'm SO glad Mom's doing better. We've been talking every day since I got home, which I love. Stepdad's even sweet when he answers the phone since I got back!

I'm looking forward to seeing the outlaws. FOL came up with that one when ex moved out--I love FOL's sense of humor. And MOL sent me a box of books last week so I'm going to take her up the latest things I've read. Although I still haven't finished 1100 pp. of Michener's Alaska, LOL! I have to admit I've picked up and finished 2 other books in the meantime. The meantime being since August.

I love that you do that with your blinds too! I went outside the house this evening to see if it looked dorky from outside and it actually looks just fine! I actually like it better than plantation shutters--I've never loved the way they poke out into the room if you open them all the way. I love it that I can get the same effect in terms of light and privacy and spend $0!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
Last night I did a roast chicken, roast potatoes, baked sweet potato, stuffing, collard greens, carrots, mac n cheese ( requested by the boys) and gravy. Then pumpkin pie ( which I bought on Monday) and an apple crumble. We never cook big on Thanksgiving but DH decided yesterday morning that he'd like the above. I asked if he seriously expected me to go shopping the day before thanksgiving!
I know I'm late to the party but all the Thanksgiving recipes are making me hungry!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #826

Quote:
Ours aren't having big presents cos we'll be in an RV next year!
If you don't come through here, maybe I can meet you all on the road when you hit the Eastern seaboard!

If Wrose and her DH retire and move East before next Spring, we'll have all the Eastern pondies come down and have a stamping retreat, LOL!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #827

Quote:
It got down near 60 last night, so my in-laws turned on the heater.
Omigoat I'd have to shoot myself.

Seriously the programmable thermostat turns itself down to 59 at night. Heaven.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #828

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
It's 45F here, down to 35F-ish at night. The thermostat is set at a balmy 65F during the day and 50F at night . The house retains temperature very well, though and never gets low enough for the heat to kick on at night.
<--looks forward to visiting you next year!!! Will bring fuzzies!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbb View Post
I grew up in a house with only heat in the main living area. A glass of water would turn to ice in my bedroom overnight.

I keep the house on 66 and that's a struggle for me. I get cold. I open all the shades and let the sunlight in during the day and that usually warms the house to about seventy and keeps it there all day without the aide of the furnace. We have a separate heat in the addition because our furance and AC weren't big enough to support another 500 sq ft. Its set at 68.
What size LLBean fuzzy do you wear?

Seriously I have a bag of scarves ready (hoping to make it to the PO some time before 2014) and I can tuck a fuzzy in. I have billions of them. I think they breed in my closet...
Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #830

Quote:
I grew up in a house with only heat in the main living area. A glass of water would turn to ice in my bedroom overnight.

I keep the house on 66 and that's a struggle for me. I get cold. I open all the shades and let the sunlight in during the day and that usually warms the house to about seventy and keeps it there all day without the aide of the furnace. We have a separate heat in the addition because our furance and AC weren't big enough to support another 500 sq ft. Its set at 68.
What size LLBean fuzzy do you wear?

Seriously I have a bag of scarves ready (hoping to make it to the PO some time before 2014) and I can tuck a fuzzy in. I have billions of them. I think they breed in my closet...

Actually I'm kind of hoping you wouldn't drown in an XL since that's the only size I think I have.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #831
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, so have spent a TON of time working on my "tags" made from recycled Christmas cards. I think I might have enough now! I also got my letter drafted. This is all quite late for me.
Attached Thumbnails
tags.jpg  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
I only would watch golf if I was having trouble sleeping.
I only would watch golf if someone held a gun to my head.

I think I'd like golf better if it was more like Happy Gilmore.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #833

Quote:
DH's grandmother died on Thanksgiving. We, of course, cannot afford to go to Belgium for services. I find it odd that a couple of family members are going to services. I mean, really...you didn't go see her when you knew how ill she was, but you'll go now?? I don't get it. Hopefully, a service will be held in the states and we can swing it, financially, to go. It will likely be in Peoria in January, Marge. Maybe we could do lunch or something. Its likely that just DH and I will go and make it a super duper quick trip up, overnight and then straight back home.
Oh Bo. I'm so sorry to hear. Please give DH my condolences.

I know what you mean about going to the services but not to see her while she was alive. I'm with you--it would mean so much more to have the time with her.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #834

Quote:
I wonder how other people feel on this subject. I've heard several people mention eternal damnation if the body wasn't properly cared for after death. I figure I've sealed the deal on that anyway, might as well go ahead and do what I want with my body.
The most beautiful service I ever went to was for a friend of mine from my hiking and camping group who died when she was 38. Her parents had her cremated (she was in a coma and died after an accident). They knew how much she loved being outdoors and asked us if we'd take her to a place she loved and scatter her ashes. She also volunteered at a raptor center here where they rehabilitate injured birds and release them if they can restore them to health. A hawk was ready to be returned to the wild and several friends of hers who worked there came with us. We went to a beautiful stretch of the Blue Ridge in the SW tail of Virginia. At the beginning of the day we all gathered in a circle and released the hawk and scattered her ashes. Then we hiked all day, picked wild blueberries and all told our favorite stories about Laura.

I can't think of a more beautiful way to honor someone's life and friendship and everything that person loved. That day has stayed with me as much as her friendship. Laura hadn't ever married when she died and had no kids and that day I lost all my fear of dying if I never got married or had children. There was just so much love there, and people who'd known her for years before I was lucky enough to meet her. It means the world that so many of us are still close almost 18 years later.

I wish my sister had let us scatter our Dad's ashes at the beach he loved so much. That's where I'd want to be: just blowing around in a wild place I loved. I love you and your family's feelings about organ donation. I'd definitely leave anything usable behind if it could help someone else.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
When dh was diagnosed, we had our wills drawn up and specified we wanted cremated.

I've always hated what my m-i-l did after f-i-l died. He had put in his will that he wanted his body to go to science, but she buried him instead. To me, that was a huge sign of disrespect.

Rainsong
Oh. That's so sad that MIL did that. I agree with you. Huge disrespect.

Actually that also reminds me that I need a new will.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
I have been supremely lazy today.
Took Zach to school and came home and snuggled in bed to watch Top CHef. Jacob hung out a bit then watched tv out on the couch then hung out some more and we played Angry Birds Star Wars. Then I took a bath because I was freezing. I'm still barely warm enough. I must be overtired today.
After the bath I figured we'd better get dinner food and maybe let J pick out a gift for Z so we went to Target. I ended up getting frozen meatballs wich are in a crock pot with marinara, garlic cloves, dash of balsamic and dried onions, hoagie rolls, sliced mozarella, and a frozen oreo pie for dessert. If I had em I'd use paper plates today too lol
Between you all and my friend Debbie, who always feeds me something yummy when I go over to cut paper for her classes, I am starting to think I need a crock pot.

Of course just at the moment it's on the list behind paying off credit card for changing my flight home and extra rental car days, and the new will...
Old 12-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #837

Quote:
Here is my very pretty, Twilight blue, new car! eeek.
YOU GOT A NEW CAR!!!!!!!

OMIGOAT!
OMIGOAT!
OMIGOAT!!!!!

LOVE it!!! It's gorgeous!!! Will you be towing it when you take the RV cross country?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #838

Good to see you again, Jane!

Parties and weekends in the mountains FTW!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
If you don't come through here, maybe I can meet you all on the road when you hit the Eastern seaboard!

If Wrose and her DH retire and move East before next Spring, we'll have all the Eastern pondies come down and have a stamping retreat, LOL!
HAHAHAHAHA

before next Spring

Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #840

Hey Jane, remember the top of our hill with cows on the other side? From there you can clearly see the 49ers new stadium going up, and not too far away either! It's a huge hulk of framework at the moment.