Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #7801
neglecting the kids and housework

I do miss you guys but really have grown to love being back at work. yes hot guys happen daily but I like being productive and I have been getting a lot of compliments from the people I help
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #7802

Let's see, where to start to get you updated on us.

Last week Jacob started at the same day care Zach is. He had a rough weekend prior, a little nervous and stuff but fine once he started. IT's so much nicer for DH and I not to have the added commute to get him dropped off in the other city. Now when I'm off at 4 I get the kids and am home by 4:15.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #7803
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Anyone around to chat? I see Wrose here.
Back and forth, coloring my roots. After a haircut the roots always seem to jump out and look worse. Probably because I wait 6-8 weeks between cuts.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #7804
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Last week Jacob started at the same day care Zach is. He had a rough weekend prior, a little nervous and stuff but fine once he started. IT's so much nicer for DH and I not to have the added commute to get him dropped off in the other city. Now when I'm off at 4 I get the kids and am home by 4:15.
That's excellent.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #7805

I'm still doing both jobs but leaning towards not staying too much longer with Target. They are just so full of crap I can hardly stand it.

I just want to see what the $$ situation is after moving around insurance premiums and the day care fees and using less gas.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #7806

As for this weekend in APril I had asked for the 4,5 6 off because I've pretty much worked every holiday but Halloween since I worked at Target. SO as of 4 pm on Wednesday I was OFF!!!!! We hit the fair wednesday night just to hang around. Rode a few rides, ate some fried nutella. Thursday we joined the family of the woman who had been diagnosed with BC when Z was in kindergarten for a bbq and fireworks and kids playing and stuff. That was from 3 to almost 11! Friday we went to the fair again to see the things we really needed to see. We saw the FMX stuff (the dirtbikes that fly and do somersaults and I think I had a small heartattack watching that) and Zach won a gift bag thing for being the loudest fan
then we ate peed and got ride bracelets and hung out at the midway. Eventually friends started trickling in to the fair so we slowly met up with them, some to tag along some to just say hey. Around 3:45 we walked over to get in line for the free concert. wait for it.....WEIRD AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #7807
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Hi V!!!

Abby: So, what about you, Gibbs? You got any fetishes?
Gibbs: I have three ex-wives. I don't have time for fetishes.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #7808

I've seen a lot of concerts and some very famous concerts/bands. This by far was one of if not the best show I've seen.
THe encore was his Star Wars themed songs.
Anakin Guy (American Pie)
Yoda (lola) Y-O-D-A yoda!

It was incredible. There is a video that should surface on FB of Zach dancing to White & Nerdy that is just perfection. The kids had a blast. Our friends had a blast (ended up being 6 families worth of people connected and sitting together. Then we sort of split up but hung with one family grabbed some more food and then hit the midway again now in the dark. Fireworks started. It was awesome. After that family headed home we did a few more rides and then were just wiped so headed to the car. TEN HOURS!!!!! ten hours at the fair. Everyone really had a blast. Baby animal, carnival, concert, fried stuff (fried brownie, fried nutella again, funnel cakes, corndogs with the best cornmeal batter I've ever had, friends, cotton candy. It was just so so much fun.

ANd somewhere along the night we asked friends if they were still planning on painting. "Funny you should ask" lol she had gotten the paint a few days ago but didnt' want to ask us again since it fell thru last time. So we then spent Friiday painting their livingroom. Kids playing us being entirely too pervy with the "have you seen my long stick" "want me to get it wet" talk that had us giggling all day from before noon to after 6.

Just a super super fulfilling and fun and happy few days.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #7809
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Rode a few rides, ate some fried nutella.
Glad you had the time off. Sounds like good family time.

But what is this fried nutella?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #7810

Quote:

That's really great to hear!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #7811
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm still doing both jobs but leaning towards not staying too much longer with Target. They are just so full of crap I can hardly stand it.

I just want to see what the $$ situation is after moving around insurance premiums and the day care fees and using less gas.
I can't imagine working 2 jobs and little ones.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #7812

Weird Al does nothing for me but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know what you mean about a good show, and I think people can enjoy that even if they're not a super fan. I took a few guys to Barry Manilow concerts back in the day (or they took me!) and they all had to admit it was a good show even if they weren't what you'd call fans.

Of course now - well one of my sisters saw him over the 4th and asked what happened to his face. ha ha ha I said yeah that's a few years old. I saw him on a talk show back then and was shocked. He said he'd taken some time off for hip surgery. I said (to the TV), "you got more than your hip done!" His skin is SO tight! You can look at album covers from the 70s and it wasn't like that!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #7813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Glad you had the time off. Sounds like good family time.

But what is this fried nutella?
A frozen hunk of Nutella battered like a cake donut and fried. I had one bite. The boys LOVED it. Give me a plain funnel cake any day. Even the delicious corndog I only had about 5 bites before handing it over to one of the boys/
jmscoping likes this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #7814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Weird Al does nothing for me but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know what you mean about a good show, and I think people can enjoy that even if they're not a super fan. I took a few guys to Barry Manilow concerts back in the day (or they took me!) and they all had to admit it was a good show even if they weren't what you'd call fans.

Of course now - well one of my sisters saw him over the 4th and asked what happened to his face. ha ha ha I said yeah that's a few years old. I saw him on a talk show back then and was shocked. He said he'd taken some time off for hip surgery. I said (to the TV), "you got more than your hip done!" His skin is SO tight! You can look at album covers from the 70s and it wasn't like that!
Most of the songs he parodies aren't ones you'd normally listen to so I can see you not digging it. But seriously such a great production and the look of enjoyment on his face when he's doing it makes it all the better.

At one point it's a total sing along type of song and he points the mic to the crowd we sing, he points it to our side we sing, he points it to the other side they sing, then he says "ok now just the transvestites!" and people laugh and a few sing and he points the mic directly at one person raises his eyebrow knowingly. Just so funny!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #7815

Lets see...in other news I've maintained a 29-30 pound weight lose, DH has gotten his cholesterol numbers to be in the "wow you are doing great, might not need to be on the medications soon" range and continues to maintain his weight loss and manage his diabetes. The kids are just growing stronger and funnier and smarter and taller by the minute. Zach will be 8 in just a few weeks. Thinking of subjecting myself to a sleep over party for a few of his friends. Jacob starts kindergarten in August. wasn't he just born?
jmscoping and PH in VA like this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #7816

Yes he was just born, he can't go to kindergarten, obviously.

muddy otter likes this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #7817

It sounds like Weird Al is a great performer.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #7818

OK three minutes to kidlet bed time. Then I'm making popcornand getting in bed and relaxing with whatever reality tv show is recorded.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #7819

Oh no wait I do have one ore thing to say "(ee I rarely get to talk enough to adults even still with the two jobs LOL)
So I've been struggling with the decision to walk or not to walk in this years AWBC. I am having a terrible time making my minimum. Usually I have the huge fundraiser and bake sale and really work it. Just ain't happening with the jobs and life craziness. But I didn't want to regret NOT doing the walk rather than the slim possibility of regretting doing it. I'm still $700 away from the minimum. If any of you can help by donating or sending out my link to anyone you think may be interested I'm still far enough away time wise that $0 here and there will add up and help. I'm also thinking of going through my stamps and selling off for donation $. But I don't honestly know if I can even get organized for that.

Anyway just putting that out there for you to ponder and maybe slip me a few bucks in the donation pot. I know I don't HAVE to walk if it's tough for me to work out but I WANT to walk. And if there's any little glimmer of want then I can't deny it to myself. I'll be doing it alone this year. Hoping to get a few friends to come to the closing ceremony and see what it's like to try to do it with me next year.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #7820

Quote:
Oh no wait I do have one ore thing to say "(ee I rarely get to talk enough to adults even still with the two jobs LOL)
So I've been struggling with the decision to walk or not to walk in this years AWBC. I am having a terrible time making my minimum. Usually I have the huge fundraiser and bake sale and really work it. Just ain't happening with the jobs and life craziness. But I didn't want to regret NOT doing the walk rather than the slim possibility of regretting doing it. I'm still $700 away from the minimum. If any of you can help by donating or sending out my link to anyone you think may be interested I'm still far enough away time wise that $0 here and there will add up and help. I'm also thinking of going through my stamps and selling off for donation $. But I don't honestly know if I can even get organized for that.

Anyway just putting that out there for you to ponder and maybe slip me a few bucks in the donation pot. I know I don't HAVE to walk if it's tough for me to work out but I WANT to walk. And if there's any little glimmer of want then I can't deny it to myself. I'll be doing it alone this year. Hoping to get a few friends to come to the closing ceremony and see what it's like to try to do it with me next year.
Understood! I understand your desire and I understand that you have two jobs. I've been wondering how you could do it.

I will shake some trees myself.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #7821

Okay, I've posted something on FB for you. Hope it helps, even just a little.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #7822

Quote:
OK three minutes to kidlet bed time. Then I'm making popcornand getting in bed and relaxing with whatever reality tv show is recorded.
We've mostly had NCIS on today with some news thrown in.

You'll probably appreciate that my (great?) nieces had their 9th birthday today and their present was going to a WWE performance! My niece posted this:

Quote:
Kids had a blast at WWE til Alberto del rio ripped their birth sign & made [their little sister] cry but in exchange they got Dolph Zigglers shirt off his back and each got a RKO hat♥ & hi fives from R Truth, Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Justin Gabriel & The Funkadactles & A bunch of Happy Birthdays.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #7823

Uh yeah tha'ts hellsa AWESOME!!!!!
Randy Orton is super hawt!
We'd LOVE to take the kids again. But the tickets close to the action like they had would run us about $400 alone. Add in a treat for each kid and the little amount of food that we might get and it's way beyond our budget.

So cool that tehy got to go and see that, even with the hurt feelings.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #7824

Oh good, I had no idea what she was talking about! ha ha ha

The twins also got WWE shirts for their birthday, before they went. (The twins are one girl, one boy.) They looked super happy. lol

The little sister is only 3, I'm sure she didn't "get it."

Old 07-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #7825

Of course, that makes me wonder how they got the money, maybe it was a gift from somebody else, the family doesn't exactly have a lot.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #7826

Quote:
Of course, that makes me wonder how they got the money, maybe it was a gift from somebody else, the family doesn't exactly have a lot.
It may be less depending on the venue. We'd go see them in SJ at the Arena. I'm sure that's a more expensive place than others.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #7827

I think I'll discreetly ask my sister. (As opposed to discretely. lol)

Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #7828

Ahhhhh Google has a new doodle, the Roswell Alien!!!! Interactive.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #7829

Ahhhh! Gotta read the whole article (it's short).

Angry Mother of Twins Throws Flaming Diapers at Late Night Firework Shooters | Rock City Times

Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #7830

I know a lot of women are nodding their heads when they read that.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #7831

It's also fiction. But man it's inspirational! lol

Old 07-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #7832
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Passed gas?
Passed on dessert?
Passed out?
lol.
passed the extended family test. my bff is already planning their wedding... and she's very picky and hard on boys.. lol i told her to slooooow down. we're nowhere near ready for a wedding. lol.

and the other girls all gave him an A+ rating... and only picked on him just a tad... enough to let him know they liked him but not sooo much to run him off. and they even brought another girl who we are close to and she liked him...

she's going to his high school and will keep an eye out for us too

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
PH in VA likes this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #7833
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

all dd's friends have already had multiple boyfriends... i'm glad she waited and found a good one. she kinda had one last year - but not really - all they did was sit together at lunch. no calls, texts, holding hands or anything.... this is her first and she did well.

there's hope for her finding a husband i will like! yay! (in 20-30 years of course)

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 07-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #7834
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
all dd's friends have already had multiple boyfriends... i'm glad she waited and found a good one.
Just laughing....waited till she was 14
From me, who did not date at all in HS
jmscoping and muddy otter like this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #7835
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL, funny

From me it would have been: "Angry Mother of huge barking German Shepherd throws giant poopy bags at stupid kids setting off fireworks illegally behind the townhomes".
Stampin Wrose and muddy otter like this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #7836
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I know I don't HAVE to walk if it's tough for me to work out but I WANT to walk. And if there's any little glimmer of want then I can't deny it to myself.
You've got 2 jobs, 2 young kids...totally understandable that you have no time for fundraising.

Maybe this is one of those things where for the next couple years you support someone else for now, and then down the road when timing is better in your life you pick it up again with doing the walk?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #7837
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:

Can't beat that short of a commute! Wow.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #7838
Band Mom

Quote:
As for this weekend in APril I had asked for the 4,5 6 off because I've pretty much worked every holiday but Halloween since I worked at Target. SO as of 4 pm on Wednesday I was OFF!!!!! We hit the fair wednesday night just to hang around. Rode a few rides, ate some fried nutella . Thursday we joined the family of the woman who had been diagnosed with BC when Z was in kindergarten for a bbq and fireworks and kids playing and stuff. That was from 3 to almost 11! Friday we went to the fair again to see the things we really needed to see. We saw the FMX stuff (the dirtbikes that fly and do somersaults and I think I had a small heartattack watching that) and Zach won a gift bag thing for being the loudest fan
then we ate peed and got ride bracelets and hung out at the midway. Eventually friends started trickling in to the fair so we slowly met up with them, some to tag along some to just say hey. Around 3:45 we walked over to get in line for the free concert. wait for it.....WEIRD AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two questions:
1. How does one fry Nutella? (eta: SRA - I see that you eventually answered that question)
2. Why oh WHY the heck would you eat urine? V! I know it's supposed to be sterile but still!!! YUCK!

Last edited by PH in VA; 07-08-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Old 07-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #7839
Band Mom

Quote:
I've seen a lot of concerts and some very famous concerts/bands. This by far was one of if not the best show I've seen.
THe encore was his Star Wars themed songs.
Anakin Guy (American Pie)
Yoda (lola) Y-O-D-A yoda!

It was incredible. There is a video that should surface on FB of Zach dancing to White & Nerdy that is just perfection. The kids had a blast. Our friends had a blast (ended up being 6 families worth of people connected and sitting together. Then we sort of split up but hung with one family grabbed some more food and then hit the midway again now in the dark. Fireworks started. It was awesome. After that family headed home we did a few more rides and then were just wiped so headed to the car. TEN HOURS!!!!! ten hours at the fair. Everyone really had a blast. Baby animal, carnival, concert, fried stuff (fried brownie, fried nutella again, funnel cakes, corndogs with the best cornmeal batter I've ever had, friends, cotton candy. It was just so so much fun.

ANd somewhere along the night we asked friends if they were still planning on painting. "Funny you should ask" lol she had gotten the paint a few days ago but didnt' want to ask us again since it fell thru last time. So we then spent Friiday painting their livingroom. Kids playing us being entirely too pervy with the "have you seen my long stick" "want me to get it wet" talk that had us giggling all day from before noon to after 6.

Just a super super fulfilling and fun and happy few days.
Sounds like y'all had an awesomely fun weekend. It's great to hear it.

I do remember "yuh, yuh, yuh, yuh, Yo-da-uh" I'm pretty sure that wherever my cassettes from the 80s are, there's a Weird Al tape.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #7840
Band Mom

Quote:
Oh good, I had no idea what she was talking about ! ha ha ha

The twins also got WWE shirts for their birthday, before they went. (The twins are one girl, one boy.) They looked super happy. lol

The little sister is only 3, I'm sure she didn't "get it."
You and me both - WWE does nothing for me.
The little sister is the one who had heart surgery soon after she was born, yes? (or am I getting your young relatives confused?) Everything going OK for her now?