In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 05:00 AM   #7441
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

Going to be hot....almost 90 and muggy. Ugh
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #7442
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

Yesterday after Peking Duck excursion (we went on Lake Shore Drive, Jane......) went to Leona's sister's house to see her flower garden (very pretty) and then to a little clay/pottery art show where a grade school friend of her son Tim was exhibiting her wares. Just a young lady starting out....she had potential with some interesting glazing approaches. I didn't get anything though (they weren't that good). Leona did as show of support.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #7443
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Not a concern here. Shadow's barking would scare them to death. However if they actually got in, his tail wagging might knock them off balance as it went swoosh in a 2 foot arc....
We always used to say that about the golden retriever we grew up with, but one day my brother was walking her and a gang of older kids started hassling him. This absolutely gentle, sweet dog who loved everyone bared her teeth, growled and snapped at them and they got lost.

Dogs know... they're just amazing.
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #7444
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Yesterday after Peking Duck excursion (we went on Lake Shore Drive, Jane......) went to Leona's sister's house to see her flower garden (very pretty) and then to a little clay/pottery art show where a grade school friend of her son Tim was exhibiting her wares. Just a young lady starting out....she had potential with some interesting glazing approaches. I didn't get anything though (they weren't that good). Leona did as show of support.
Lake Shore Drive!!!

It was nice of Leona to support her. Sounds like a fun day!
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #7445
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

We also brought back a Chinese soy sauce chicken - BBQ'ed for crispy skin. They had them hanging whole in window of restaurant. I have seen those a thousand times, never brave enough to buy. But Leona's sister wanted her to bring a whole duck and BBQ pork back, so I got brave. They chop the chicken up with a huge cleaver and package it for you. We are having it for dinner tonight. They gave me the head and neck and butt and feet, etc too -- I said no thank you. Then Leona whispered to me to take them so I did. She said she wanted them for soup -- so she now has a plastic bag of my chicken parts. She said those parts are very gelatinous and no fat, the broth made from them is good for old people joints and menopausal women. Who knew

Jane, while good, the suburban restaurant nearby (Lu's) with the out-of-this-world fried rice was in my opinion better food. Also a Leona favorite. But they do not have old men with cleavers to chop up whole chickens hanging in the window to take home, and of course no LSD.

We were north of the city -- not Chinatown. A section of Chicago with a lot of Vietnamese and Jamaican immigrants.

Afterwards we went to Asian grocery store - she wanted a brand of soy sauce made of seaweed and whole ginger (she steeps it in hot water and drinks it for her joints daily). Found Cafe du Monde coffee - New Orleans style coffee with chickory. I assume they stocked it because of the Caribbean population? Anyway only $4.50 so I got it, just brewed a pot, warmed milk and am now drinking cafe au lait. Just need a beignet, LOL
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #7446
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

Chinatown is south of city and easier to get to. But no LSD on the way to Chinatown either.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #7447
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

I figure we'll go downtown one day, maybe do either the double decker bus tour of architecture or the boat (river/lake) tour of architecture and then we can see LSD that way.

Chicago has amazing architecture and was very influential in the birth of the skyscraper.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #7448
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

I think maybe we should do the double decker bus tour. You can hop on and off anywhere along the very long route (like at Millenium Park with beautiful bean statue) or at Sear's tower with the glass protrusions you can stand in a brazillion feet up and look down at the city and feel like there is nothing under your feet.....or at Water Tower (what was left standing after the Chicago fire that the dang cow started....

And you learn more too. Great way to see a lot of the city in one day.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #7449
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

Off to pay some bills.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #7450
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 31,835
Default

Marge!!!! I'm SOOOO excited!!! I've never seen Chicago other than from the air, either flying back from Seattle or changing planes at O'Hare to fly to Tucson or home from Anchorage. From all the pictures I've seen I can't wait to see it IRL!

Can't WAIT to meet in person, meet Steve and Leona, and meet your part of the world! And Door County, speaking of which MUST find that dang Subaru Drive magazine article!
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #7451
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Going to be hot....almost 90 and muggy. Ugh
Going up here, too. Muggy and horrible out yesterday. I was ultimately glad I went to hear the music late yesterday and drove. I don't do well being miserably hot for 8 or 10 hours at a time. I'll get a paddle in after dog training but other than that will be a mostly indoors day--cleaning then off to early dinner with my friend Cynthia up on her end of town.
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #7452
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
I think maybe we should do the double decker bus tour. You can hop on and off anywhere along the very long route (like at Millenium Park with beautiful bean statue) or at Sear's tower with the glass protrusions you can stand in a brazillion feet up and look down at the city and feel like there is nothing under your feet.....or at Water Tower (what was left standing after the Chicago fire that the dang cow started....

And you learn more too. Great way to see a lot of the city in one day.
Are they still trying to blame that darn cow? It wasn't a cow, you know. A reporter made it up. lol Poor cow.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #7453
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Not a concern here. Shadow's barking would scare them to death. However if they actually got in, his tail wagging might knock them off balance as it went swoosh in a 2 foot arc....
Yes it was quite handy when Phantom was here, and a knock at the door - and when I did open it, I had this big black dog trying to get at whoever was at the door. They didn't know he probably would just lick them to death.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #7454
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

So Marge, why are you looking for LSD?

Is that code for Lake Shore Drive?
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #7455
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

You know, Marge, the NSA and CIA now have us pegged as drug dealers. ROFL
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #7456
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Was reading today about these mug shot websites. They just take all police photos and put them up.

Arrested as a youth for being an idiot in your yard, and it was dismissed? If they took your picture, it's there. And if you want it gone, you'll have to pay hundreds.

Apparently you can't get rid of your past. Some states are trying to fix it, like you have to take it down free if the person can prove it was dismissed or expunged or not guilty or whatever. But it's pretty bad.

I haven't been a saint, but I've never been arrested or had my pic taken so I guess I'm good.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #7457
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

It sounds like Leona has done some good research on what helps her. Still, I'm not sure I could do that - take the chicken parts, etc. More power to her.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #7458
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

The Colorado fires are like 100 square miles now.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #7459
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Ever hear of Triple Divide Peak? DH hadn't either. It was hard to find on google maps because the picture that came up looked like rolling hills. I had been looking for it a bit northwest of that spot where all the big mountains are with names that include heaven and sky. But no, Triple Divide Peak is a kind point where three walls intersect. It's in Montana in Glacier National Park. I found a photo that does it justice. And to be fair, when I completely zoomed in on the google map, I could see it. (Once I knew what I was looking for.) (I won't bother linking the google map because that doesn't always work well.) But I hope this pic works: Re: "A map of the principal hydrological divides of North America", submitted earlier by wainstead. Here's a recent oblique aerial of one of the key features on that map, Triple Divide Peak, MT. - Imgur

It's one of few unique spots on earth where rain falling on one side of it ends up in the Arctic Ocean, rain falling on another side finds its way to the Atlantic and on the other side, yep, the Pacific.

As Wiki put it: one of the few places on the Earth whose waters feed three oceans.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #7460
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

So how did I come upon this place? I was looking at the Colorado wildfire maps. I wanted to find Wolf Creek ski area, and finally did. Noticed how close it was to the Continental Divide Trail. Was trying to grasp size of fire in square miles.... Anyway, I wandered, looked up the Cont. Div. Trail and saw this point on one map called Triple Divide Peak and was like, what the heck is that?
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #7461
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 31,835
Default

Friend had this up on FB this morning. Great article.

Decline and fall: how American society unravelled | World news | The Guardian
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #7462
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
So how did I come upon this place? I was looking at the Colorado wildfire maps. I wanted to find Wolf Creek ski area, and finally did. Noticed how close it was to the Continental Divide Trail. Was trying to grasp size of fire in square miles.... Anyway, I wandered, looked up the Cont. Div. Trail and saw this point on one map called Triple Divide Peak and was like, what the heck is that?
Holy cow Wrose. That's such an amazing small corner of the world. That's pretty awesome.

I love the places we wind up sometimes when we just get out and amble, not just going on walks but mentally as well. Reminds me of that line from the Hobbit that not all who wander are lost.

Although I guess some do have wanderlust, if they haven't lost it...
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #7463
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Englishrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Ever hear of Triple Divide Peak? DH hadn't either. It was hard to find on google maps because the picture that came up looked like rolling hills. I had been looking for it a bit northwest of that spot where all the big mountains are with names that include heaven and sky. But no, Triple Divide Peak is a kind point where three walls intersect. It's in Montana in Glacier National Park. I found a photo that does it justice. And to be fair, when I completely zoomed in on the google map, I could see it. (Once I knew what I was looking for.) (I won't bother linking the google map because that doesn't always work well.) But I hope this pic works: Re: "A map of the principal hydrological divides of North America", submitted earlier by wainstead. Here's a recent oblique aerial of one of the key features on that map, Triple Divide Peak, MT. - Imgur

It's one of few unique spots on earth where rain falling on one side of it ends up in the Arctic Ocean, rain falling on another side finds its way to the Atlantic and on the other side, yep, the Pacific.

As Wiki put it: one of the few places on the Earth whose waters feed three oceans.
We'll be at Glacier next year. I'll take a picture for you.
__________________
Karen
XXII
Englishrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muddy otter likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #7464
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,577
Default

Zoo was fun. It was a nice slow start to the morning then we headed out around noon. It was cool and a little drizzly. MO the kids and seven rowdy otters say hi.

THen we headed home and I cleaned kitchen, cut Jacobs hair and DH grabbed McDs for dinner because wow it had gotten to be after 6. Kids still have regular bedtime because they have to be up to get to the day cares. That will all change next week tho. New schedule next week for everyone since J will be in care in town! YAY!
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muddy otter likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #7465
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

ERK, I will look forward to the picture!

V, nice day! I remember those otters!

Maybe next year we can all get to the zoo. We'll have to see if we can get that in for our day together.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #7466
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

This evening I started to organize the cards I need to send through Sept. So yes if you have a birthday coming up, I may have already picked out the card, signed it and addressed and stamped the envelope. lol I had a bunch!!! I have to make a few, for kids and males, I don't have much for those groups on hand. But I know I'll be gone at some point for a couple weeks, not sure when, but it would be real nice just to grab the pile and take it with me.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #7467
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
This evening I started to organize the cards I need to send through Sept. So yes if you have a birthday coming up, I may have already picked out the card, signed it and addressed and stamped the envelope. lol I had a bunch!!! I have to make a few, for kids and males, I don't have much for those groups on hand. But I know I'll be gone at some point for a couple weeks, not sure when, but it would be real nice just to grab the pile and take it with me.
I organized like that for the month ahead. But wow - through September? I am impressed.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #7468
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

So yesterday morning I spent some time training Shadow how to go up and down the doggie ramp I had bought. With his arthritis it was getting hard for him to jump up in to the car. Which meant I couldn't really get him to the vet's or to the groomer's. Which meant he hasn't had a bath/grooming since winter and well smelling doggy-ish. Or maybe bear-ish.

Anyway training session was successful - but not with my car. side doors do no open wide enough for ramp to fit properly.

So used Steve;s old PT cruiser and positioned ramp at the back hatchback.

And, serendipity, the stars aligned and groomer was able to fit him in at 3pm yesterday so I now have a sweet smelling bear.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Englishrose likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #7469
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
So yesterday morning I spent some time training Shadow how to go up and down the doggie ramp I had bought. With his arthritis it was getting hard for him to jump up in to the car. Which meant I couldn't really get him to the vet's or to the groomer's. Which meant he hasn't had a bath/grooming since winter and well smelling doggy-ish. Or maybe bear-ish.

Anyway training session was successful - but not with my car. side doors do no open wide enough for ramp to fit properly.

So used Steve;s old PT cruiser and positioned ramp at the back hatchback.

And, serendipity, the stars aligned and groomer was able to fit him in at 3pm yesterday so I now have a sweet smelling bear.
Awww that's sweet! We thought about getting something for Phantom so he could climb up on our bed, but then it just got too difficult for him to get up the stairs. At least when we were going somewhere, we had DH or DS able to lift him up. Not that Phantom like that, but hey.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #7470
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
I organized like that for the month ahead. But wow - through September? I am impressed.
Well I used to get cards from Current, and I would do the whole year ahead! But I've never had enough home made cards to do more than a couple so never did.


I still have to make one for the twins birthday in early July - I don't have kids cards and they'll be 9. Funny age, you don't want it too baby-ish either, ya know? I loved getting more normal cards starting around that age, so I didn't feel like a baby. lol Then one for DH. And I just need a couple of male cards. I have one for a friend in FL but didn't sign or address it yet; she loves Asian themes (she's Jewish, lol), so if I can, I'm going to make her a special card. I even have some coins I can stick on the card!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #7471
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Did you see that the red panda escaped from the National Zoo? But they found him. What a cutie. A young thing. Looks like a cross between a red fox and a raccoon. lol

Red Panda Missing From Zoo In Washington Found
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #7473
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Ever hear of Triple Divide Peak? DH hadn't either. It was hard to find on google maps because the picture that came up looked like rolling hills. I had been looking for it a bit northwest of that spot where all the big mountains are with names that include heaven and sky. But no, Triple Divide Peak is a kind point where three walls intersect. It's in Montana in Glacier National Park. I found a photo that does it justice. And to be fair, when I completely zoomed in on the google map, I could see it. (Once I knew what I was looking for.) (I won't bother linking the google map because that doesn't always work well.) But I hope this pic works: Re: "A map of the principal hydrological divides of North America", submitted earlier by wainstead. Here's a recent oblique aerial of one of the key features on that map, Triple Divide Peak, MT. - Imgur

It's one of few unique spots on earth where rain falling on one side of it ends up in the Arctic Ocean, rain falling on another side finds its way to the Atlantic and on the other side, yep, the Pacific.

As Wiki put it: one of the few places on the Earth whose waters feed three oceans.
Wow. Sounds and looks like a really interesting place to visit!
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #7474
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
This evening I started to organize the cards I need to send through Sept. So yes if you have a birthday coming up, I may have already picked out the card, signed it and addressed and stamped the envelope. lol I had a bunch!!! I have to make a few, for kids and males, I don't have much for those groups on hand. But I know I'll be gone at some point for a couple weeks, not sure when, but it would be real nice just to grab the pile and take it with me.
Overachiever. LOL *teasing grin*

The next Pondie birthday is Rainsong's, yes?
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #7475
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Well I used to get cards from Current, and I would do the whole year ahead! But I've never had enough home made cards to do more than a couple so never did.
Like I said earlier...


Quote:
I still have to make one for the twins birthday in early July - I don't have kids cards and they'll be 9. Funny age, you don't want it too baby-ish either, ya know? I loved getting more normal cards starting around that age, so I didn't feel like a baby. lol Then one for DH. And I just need a couple of male cards. I have one for a friend in FL but didn't sign or address it yet; she loves Asian themes (she's Jewish, lol), so if I can, I'm going to make her a special card. I even have some coins I can stick on the card!
I agree with you that it can be hard to make cards for tweens/teenagers. If you want some ideas, I'll share some of the cards I've made for my boys.
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #7476
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Did you see that the red panda escaped from the National Zoo? But they found him. What a cutie. A young thing. Looks like a cross between a red fox and a raccoon. lol

Red Panda Missing From Zoo In Washington Found
Awww, he's CUTE!

I loved this quote from the article:
"We all know that young males like to test boundaries."
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stampin Wrose likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #7477
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

So Jane, what is the backstory behind your affection for lobsters?
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #7478
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,193
Default

Well the Blackhawks just won (I didn't watch any of the games....)

Stupid idiots outside are setting off firecrackers and making poor Shadow bark. Not to mention, I need to get to sleep because work comes all too early in the morning....
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #7479
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Overachiever. LOL *teasing grin*

The next Pondie birthday is Rainsong's, yes?
I do believe so!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #7480
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 98,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Well the Blackhawks just won (I didn't watch any of the games....)

Stupid idiots outside are setting off firecrackers and making poor Shadow bark. Not to mention, I need to get to sleep because work comes all too early in the morning....
Yes they did win! In Boston too! I got to see Handzus - who was a Shark earlier this season - hoist the cup with the Blackhawks.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off