Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #6641
neglecting the kids and housework

So I got notice of MO, Marge and Alyson ordering. Thank you ladies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #6642
Stazon Splitcoast

I finished 3 versions of Leona's resume from Saturday and just got them emailed off for review.

#1 for Mandarin Language instruction / translation
#2 for Office Manager & general accounting
#3 - hybrid of both

Pretty much killed Saturday afternoon and this evening but after ALL the help she gave me with the flooding, figured it was the least I could do to try to help her.

Saturday I also showed her how to use Monster and Career Builder.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #6643
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
I've never had one so bad. And you'd never know looking at me or my reactions that I'm uncomfortable in places. At the open house at one point I looked up and saw what felt like too many people to me so I told DH that I was going to be outside it was too hot in there.

My most uncomfortable is just in large places with people who IMO can't behave. Rude, loud, unaware of what's going on around them makes me really anxious and stressed. But stress in it's own or if I'm alone in a situation like that doesn't bother me.I have no issues being at the Avon Walk. I have no issues when I'm at work and it's crowded or busy or people are stupid (I'm in control of what I'm doing and am not responsible for others) but bring the kids in and DH and I get very anxious. I also have anxiety on windy days when there is just way too much auditory overload with the wind and the trees and stuff. All I can explain is it gets to be too much.

You are sensitive and perceptive - these are not bad things, they are good things. I'm glad you recognize overwhelming situations and are able to escape from them when you can
Old 05-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #6644
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

V - {hugs} to you. I'm sorry about the panic attack. But it sounded like you had a really nice birthday and I'm glad about that.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #6645
Band Mom

ERK - dang, that's a lot of cherries. I'm looking forward to the RV before and after photos, too!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #6646
Band Mom

The age thing - yeah, I kinda feel like I'm still somewhere in my early 30s. But without the little kids and toilet training and those kind of hassles.

I wonder if, at least for me, that's partly because of perceiving parents as being "older" because my parents were older. I'll turn 46 about the time ODS starts college. In comparison, my parents were in their upper 50s/early 60s when I started college. That's a pretty big difference.
DLS881 likes this post.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #6647
Band Mom

*yawn*

Sorry. I'm tired. I didn't sleep well over the weekend, and it's been a pretty busy day here.

The boys had to go to school today (makeup day because the snow in March caused the school system to go over its built-in days, and heavenly Goat forbid that days be taken away from The Almighty Week Long Spring Break ) but DH got them up and made their lunches so I got to snooze for a little longer. DH and I went out to Walmart and Lowe's and Tractor Supply, looking for more seeds for snaps and butterbeans because we wanted to finish planting the garden today. We couldn't find butterbeans so we decided to give lima beans a try, and we decided to go for a different variety of snaps than what we'd used for our first planting.

Bad little bunny has been nibbling our peas, so when we got back I sprayed Liquid Fence around the garden and on the plants. (It was a more cost effective and much less labor intensive option than putting up a fence.) Then DH tilled up everything that hadn't been planted in yet and got the rows started for me while I got a couple loads of laundry going. So we got all the seeds planted that we bought today, along with some more yellow wax beans and some corn. I had run out of seeds before I got to the ends of a couple of the various bean rows, so I filled in those with lettuce and carrots. There's still space for some more lettuce and/or two or three pepper plants. DH also planted some cucumber seeds in the original garden plot.

I worked laundry loads and eating lunch around planting. Then because DH had tilled up all around the perimeter of the garden where I'd sprayed the Liquid Fence, we figured I ought to go back around the garden again with it. I was NOT happy to have to smell that stuff a second time today.

Then the boys got home and I relaxed for a bit before taking a shower and getting ready for the high school's band concert.

The concert was really, really good, but it was looooong.

And now that I've gotten pretty well caught up here, it's time for me to call it a night.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #6648
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
The age thing - yeah, I kinda feel like I'm still somewhere in my early 30s. But without the little kids and toilet training and those kind of hassles.

I wonder if, at least for me, that's partly because of perceiving parents as being "older" because my parents were older. I'll turn 46 about the time ODS starts college. In comparison, my parents were in their upper 50s/early 60s when I started college. That's a pretty big difference.
I don't think that's it, my parents were in the early and mid 40s when I started college. I'm the only old parent in my family. lol

I guess mom was only 41 when I first went off to college. So dad was 44.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 05-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #6649

We went to our favorite pizza place. Hadn't been there since Feb., the last Monday holiday. I blame the highway, and the fact that DS isn't pushing us. lol They changed the way the one highway works and now people coming out of my town can't get into the car pool lane for two miles, unless you cross the triple white line with signs saying "Do not cross triple white lines" because it's an express lane carryover from the other highway. It's absolutely insane. Because that two miles can take about half an hour to traverse. The whole trip should only be 25 minutes. So if we go on holidays, there's no traffic.

We could also go weekends but they have 20% off on Monday nights.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #6650

Okay V, I got my order in.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #6651
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Hey! That's not allowed! You can't feel bad about this.

Some of you ladies seem to think you have to do everything. Sheesh.
Wait, we don't?

I know I'd get a lot more cards made if I could just copy them and be done with it but it's the design part I love. Plus now that ERK's gotten me into fussy cutting I'm hooked... but it does slow down the production.

Every year I swear I'm going to come up with a nice simple easy peasy design for the holiday crustaceans and every single year I wind up with some multi-step embossed and colored version... LOL. Although no fussy cut lobsters yet--trying hard to keep it that way! The antennae are killers... not that I'd know from ever having done it...
Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #6652

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
But DH is here this weekend through next Tuesday, so that's nice I'm pretty sure he is WFH on Tues-Fri, but still, he's here!

Our anniversary is next weekend and my mom donated her Seattle Symphony tickets so we're headed to Seattle (yes, on the beautiful ferry ride) for a light lunch somewhere, the concert, then dinner at Wild Ginger, and another ferry ride home. Looking forward to it!
Glad to hear you're feeling better and hopeful for a helpful diagnosis that isn't more serious--all of this sounds serious enough. The human body is an amazing thing but when it starts to malfunction it's not much fun to be the human inside it. I'm glad to hear you're at least not in that constant terrible pain and very much hope things continue to improve. I hope things go well for DD too.

Anniversary sounds WONDERFUL and it must be lovely to have DH home! I hope it's a magical, beautiful night!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 AM   #6653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
OK, so this is how I felt like I spent my day off today:

Tips for keeping your tenement tidy (in 1911)
Sandpaper for the laundry? Naphtha-ing your bed to keep the bugs out without burning the tenement down? Of course back then in the absence of finger surgery for space aliens I could have just flipped off the bedbugs with my pyrogenic finger and they would have been toast.

OK I'll admit it... the 21st century does have its advantages... holy COW.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #6654

Quote:
Remember my stuck keyboard?

Well I was struggling with it for over 2 weeks.

Turned out it wasn't stuck at all. The wireless receiver part had fallen on the floor. When I cleaned under the desk today I found it. Put it back on the desk and voila -- keyboard works fine
Funny!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #6655

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlalei View Post
I work for half a day tomorrow and then I'll be popping in with some more frequency. So get ready!!!!
AWESOME sauce!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #6656

Quote:
I'll take "things you'll never hear me say for $800 Alex"
I'm right behind you... LOL!

Oh and Marge, just as a warning... taking the pans out of the stove top and cleaning them makes me snore even louder so I'd recommend skipping stuff like that when it's my turn!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 AM   #6657

Quote:
OK, placed.

Bad checkout design on the PC site.

It truncates the phone number if you use dashes (630-111-22) and then erases the other stuff you filled in when you go to remove the dashes so you can add the last 2 digits. Poor requirements and poor testing. Just sayin'
As a fellow IT geek, I concur. That site is not user friendly. Berkshire Hathaway owns Pampered Chef last time I checked so maybe we should all complain to Warren Buffett?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #6658

Quote:
I've never had one so bad. And you'd never know looking at me or my reactions that I'm uncomfortable in places. At the open house at one point I looked up and saw what felt like too many people to me so I told DH that I was going to be outside it was too hot in there.

My most uncomfortable is just in large places with people who IMO can't behave. Rude, loud, unaware of what's going on around them makes me really anxious and stressed. But stress in it's own or if I'm alone in a situation like that doesn't bother me.I have no issues being at the Avon Walk. I have no issues when I'm at work and it's crowded or busy or people are stupid (I'm in control of what I'm doing and am not responsible for others) but bring the kids in and DH and I get very anxious. I also have anxiety on windy days when there is just way too much auditory overload with the wind and the trees and stuff. All I can explain is it gets to be too much.
It sounds as though you have a good handle on what triggers it but that still has to be pretty tough to deal with, V.

(((HUGS))).
Old 05-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #6659

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
You are sensitive and perceptive - these are not bad things, they are good things. I'm glad you recognize overwhelming situations and are able to escape from them when you can
Hadn't thought about it that way, Alyson, but I'm sure that's part of it--the difficult flip side of so much responsiveness and caring.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #6660

Quote:
I finished 3 versions of Leona's resume from Saturday and just got them emailed off for review.

#1 for Mandarin Language instruction / translation
#2 for Office Manager & general accounting
#3 - hybrid of both

Pretty much killed Saturday afternoon and this evening but after ALL the help she gave me with the flooding, figured it was the least I could do to try to help her.

Saturday I also showed her how to use Monster and Career Builder.
You're such a warm friend Marge--I know that must mean a lot to her. Plus with your business experience I know she must have really sharp, polished resumes to send now.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:59 AM   #6661

Quote:

My parents were the same age as yours, PH.

Never thought about it but I guess I've always assumed parents were older, too. Probably for the same reason. Or Wreason?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:59 AM   #6662

Well, off to face the new week!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #6663

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
As a fellow IT geek, I concur. That site is not user friendly. Berkshire Hathaway owns Pampered Chef last time I checked so maybe we should all complain to Warren Buffett?
I wish sites would hire me as an end user to test stuff.

I'm a very smart idiot about computers and if there's going to be any problem, I'm sure I'll encounter it.

lol

Old 05-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #6664

Quote:
Wait, we don't?

I know I'd get a lot more cards made if I could just copy them and be done with it but it's the design part I love. Plus now that ERK's gotten me into fussy cutting I'm hooked... but it does slow down the production.

Every year I swear I'm going to come up with a nice simple easy peasy design for the holiday crustaceans and every single year I wind up with some multi-step embossed and colored version... LOL. Although no fussy cut lobsters yet--trying hard to keep it that way! The antennae are killers... not that I'd know from ever having done it...
I see all of these as creative choices. I'm sure you could churn out a bunch of fast and easy cards if you chose to, if you worked at finding one that was acceptable. But you enjoy the design part - I pretty much suck at that 90% of the time. If I cruise the gallery and get enough into my head, sometimes I'm lucky enough that things mesh and I have an original thought. (Well, that is, original in that I didn't CASE it, not saying nobody else didn't do it.) I'm very good at CASEing and changing things to suit, my BFF said she can't even do that, when she goes to CASE a card, she stresses if she doesn't have the set, the colors, etc. Whereas I can easily substitute something I have if I see a card I like.

I avoid fussy cutting because my fine motor skills are shaky, literally. That's the same reason I rarely color.

And I have lots of different designs of Christmas cards because I can't stand doing too many of one card, no matter how much I love it. lol I rarely have more than 8 of any one design.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #6665

Waitin' on Char.....

tap tap tap tap tap tap muddyotter tap tap tap .... lol

Old 05-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #6666

No Char is not muddy otter but I couldn't help but remember.....

Old 05-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #6667
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quote:
Wait, we don't?

Silly Otter.

Stamp lobster, color, then cut out without antennae. Stamp lobster on background. Cover background lobster with previously cut-out lobster.

Miraculously, the antennae are now ON the cut-out lobster.

Houston--we have a signal!

Rainsong--attempting to catch up but has no chance in heck
Old 05-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #6668

Hello Rainsong!

Hah, I was going to suggest she could get some wire, and cut tiny pieces of it, and attach them to the back of the lobster, for antennae. You know, cos she loves doing all that fussy work....

Old 05-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #6669
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
DH and I went out to Walmart and Lowe's and Tractor Supply, looking for more seeds for snaps and butterbeans because we wanted to finish planting the garden today. We couldn't find butterbeans so we decided to give lima beans a try, and we decided to go for a different variety of snaps than what we'd used for our first planting.

Bad little bunny has been nibbling our peas, so when we got back I sprayed Liquid Fence around the garden and on the plants. (It was a more cost effective and much less labor intensive option than putting up a fence.) Then DH tilled up everything that hadn't been planted in yet and got the rows started for me while I got a couple loads of laundry going. So we got all the seeds planted that we bought today, along with some more yellow wax beans and some corn. I had run out of seeds before I got to the ends of a couple of the various bean rows, so I filled in those with lettuce and carrots. There's still space for some more lettuce and/or two or three pepper plants. DH also planted some cucumber seeds in the original garden plot.

I worked laundry loads and eating lunch around planting. Then because DH had tilled up all around the perimeter of the garden where I'd sprayed the Liquid Fence, we figured I ought to go back around the garden again with it. I was NOT happy to have to smell that stuff a second time today.
And I am very proud to announce that my two tomato plants are both still alive
Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #6670
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I wish sites would hire me as an end user to test stuff.
Need a resume?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #6671
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm right behind you... LOL!

Oh and Marge, just as a warning... taking the pans out of the stove top and cleaning them makes me snore even louder so I'd recommend skipping stuff like that when it's my turn!
One dirty cooktop for Jane's visit, coming right up
Old 05-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #6672
Band Mom

Quote:
We went to our favorite pizza place. Hadn't been there since Feb., the last Monday holiday. I blame the highway, and the fact that DS isn't pushing us. lol They changed the way the one highway works and now people coming out of my town can't get into the car pool lane for two miles, unless you cross the triple white line with signs saying "Do not cross triple white lines" because it's an express lane carryover from the other highway. It's absolutely insane. Because that two miles can take about half an hour to traverse. The whole trip should only be 25 minutes. So if we go on holidays, there's no traffic.

We could also go weekends but they have 20% off on Monday nights.

Which is why I wouldn't want to live in a major metropolitan area.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #6673
Band Mom

Quote:
I had to read that several times before I realized what you meant. That was one of the (many) things I hated about our old stove.

Smooth top stoves = FTW!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #6674
Band Mom

Quote:
Omit the crustacean part, and that sounds a lot like my usual holiday card making ordeals. LOL
Old 05-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #6675
Glitter Guru

I'm procrastinating - my inspiration from the cleaning Pondies extended to one and a half loads of laundry (I'm teasing one load right now - it's been washed twice because I forgot it last night and, in a front load washer, that means it's stinky...), one sink-full of hand-wash pans, and dinner last night (tonight is leftovers). Then I succumbed to the lure of Masterchef Australia (did you know they run 72 episodes per season?!?) and haven't done a bit of housework since!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #6676
Stazon Splitcoast

Tornado warnings in Will & Grundy counties, south east of here by maybe 30 miles or so. Along I-80
Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #6677
Glitter Guru

Ack, Marge! Be safe. I'm glad you did such a good job cleaning your basement so you can spend time there if you need to hide from a tornado!

The kids still remember the couple tornado warnings we had in Maryland. They thought it was fun, because we camped out in the basement I'm glad my anxiety (ack! tornados???) didn't ruin a fun experience for them
Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #6678
Band Mom

Alyson, don't feel bad. I'm good at procrastinating too.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #6679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
Silly Otter.

Stamp lobster, color, then cut out without antennae. Stamp lobster on background. Cover background lobster with previously cut-out lobster.

Miraculously, the antennae are now ON the cut-out lobster.

Houston--we have a signal!

Rainsong--attempting to catch up but has no chance in heck
RS!!! We should meet in the middle some time and cut lobsters out now that that's solved!

Thinking of you.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #6680

Quote:
One dirty cooktop for Jane's visit, coming right up
Awesome sauce!!! (much better than Huey sauce...).