Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #6041
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Debbie had 3 of us over today to play with new catty stuff. We had a blast! I made 2 cards and then went through new catalog and retiring list--realized I'm missing refills for soon-to-be-discontinued In Colors I know I'll keep using. Had to take off mid-afternoon for Dragon Boat practice. I went even although I won't be there for the race weekend--I watch the bags while everyone's out on the water, and keep an eye on the kids while their parents are practicing.

Had a great time talking to very interesting boy today--his folks are from Mexico and from Peru--though his Dad's half Chinese. We talked a bit about history of Chinese immigration to Peru to build railroads in the 19th century, same as here. Then he started making all sorts of creative things with pine cones, and I told him I thought the seeds were buried in the little spikes so we started trying to dissect a pine cone till he found them. It was so coool to see the expression on his face while he was pulling the pine cone apart and looking. Had fun talking to his parents, too. They're friends of a co-worker who invited them to join the team. Evidently they race in a Dragon Boat league and travel all over the SE. They invited me to come practice with them one Saturday morning--part of me thinks that would be cool and part of me thinks GAAA NO MORE COOL STUFF RIGHT NOW TOO BUSY. I guess I should think about broadening my horizons but I like my horizons just fine at the moment.

So volunteering's been fun. Got in a 2 mile paddle last night behind the house before the rain rolled in today, just got drizzled on a bit at practice but rain was coming down in a nice steady soaking rain by the time I drove home.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #6042
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
We got the stamp room set 90% back in order -- I'll try to finish it up tomorrow.
That's good. It helps when things are back where they belong.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #6043
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
School carnival!!! Did they have as much fun as they did last year? That was so much fun!

I'm still so happy to have had that glimpse of school life and how much your boys love their friends and watching them climb walls and sing. What a lovely day--you have no idea how much of a gift it felt like to be part of it, and still feels like to remember it!
They did have fun. DS1 even got to have a turn in the dunk tank. And because it was 6 weeks later than normal, it was hotter. Around 85 yesterday (90 today) so even though the water was cold they had fun. Each kid who had volunteered was allotted a 5 minute slot. Each kid also probably got dunked 5 or 6 times!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #6044
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Debbie had 3 of us over today to play with new catty stuff. We had a blast! I made 2 cards and then went through new catalog and retiring list--realized I'm missing refills for soon-to-be-discontinued In Colors I know I'll keep using. Had to take off mid-afternoon for Dragon Boat practice. I went even although I won't be there for the race weekend--I watch the bags while everyone's out on the water, and keep an eye on the kids while their parents are practicing.

Had a great time talking to very interesting boy today--his folks are from Mexico and from Peru--though his Dad's half Chinese. We talked a bit about history of Chinese immigration to Peru to build railroads in the 19th century, same as here. Then he started making all sorts of creative things with pine cones, and I told him I thought the seeds were buried in the little spikes so we started trying to dissect a pine cone till he found them. It was so coool to see the expression on his face while he was pulling the pine cone apart and looking. Had fun talking to his parents, too. They're friends of a co-worker who invited them to join the team. Evidently they race in a Dragon Boat league and travel all over the SE. They invited me to come practice with them one Saturday morning--part of me thinks that would be cool and part of me thinks GAAA NO MORE COOL STUFF RIGHT NOW TOO BUSY. I guess I should think about broadening my horizons but I like my horizons just fine at the moment.

So volunteering's been fun. Got in a 2 mile paddle last night behind the house before the rain rolled in today, just got drizzled on a bit at practice but rain was coming down in a nice steady soaking rain by the time I drove home.
Sounds like a very fun day preceeded by a nice little paddle.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #6045
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:

I believe there is only ONE soon-to-be-discontinued In Color. That would be Lucky Limeade. The other four retiring and going into our core colors!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 04-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #6046
Stazon Splitcoast

We got the counters out, sanded, got the black paint/adhesive and the chips spread on top. Dries for 12 hours ( although I'm sure we could do it now). So in the morning we'll sand the chips then put the top coat on and "hello faux granite worktop". Also took the shower frame out and DH will sand blast it and spray it with brushed nickel paint and sealer. Picked up shower refinish epoxy so will either do that in situ or take it out and do that in the garage. Very busy day and more of the same tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #6047
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Kathy
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #6048

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Hey Wrosey - maybe this is something you could make for your home.
Pinwheel Wreath by shcommish - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Ha ha, yeah except mine would be teeny. I only have the sizzlet for the 2" pinwheel. In fact it's slightly smaller than 2", but I can cut the DP into a 2" square to go through the Big Shot.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #6049

Hi ERK.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #6050
Stazon Splitcoast

How is your DD enjoying her time at WDW? Is Pippin behaving any better?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #6051

She's doing okay, ERK. Threw her back out and missed a few days but back to work. Pippin seems to be behaving better, at least I haven't heard anything!

Englishrose likes this post.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #6052

Goodnight, Pondies!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #6053
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
We got the counters out, sanded, got the black paint/adhesive and the chips spread on top. Dries for 12 hours ( although I'm sure we could do it now). So in the morning we'll sand the chips then put the top coat on and "hello faux granite worktop". Also took the shower frame out and DH will sand blast it and spray it with brushed nickel paint and sealer. Picked up shower refinish epoxy so will either do that in situ or take it out and do that in the garage. Very busy day and more of the same tomorrow.
Sounds fantastic! We'll want pictures of the refurbished/improved motorhome!
Englishrose likes this post.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #6054
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooohhhh....running across some odds and ends in the basement that got water damaged that I missed on the first pass-through.

A big 3" binder of backgrounds (polished stone, shaving cream, heated pearls, etc etc). Waterlogged -- I salvaged about a couple dozen, but just threw hundreds away, along with the binder and plastic insert pages.

Found a big portfolio that had some of the boys' larger-sized grade school artwork. The smaller "keeper" pieces I had saved elsewhere. Salvaged 3 laminated pieces and everything else got tossed.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #6055
Stazon Splitcoast

Running some loads of laundry. Am hoping the dryer works now. If not I have a drying rack that I'll set in the back courtyard until I get a chance to buy a new one. Will know in about 45 minutes if it is toast or not.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #6056
Stazon Splitcoast

Jane, that was a very, very sweet offer that you made to me yesterday.....how great to be cared for so much by cyber friends so far away.....
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #6057
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ooohhhh....running across some odds and ends in the basement that got water damaged that I missed on the first pass-through.

A big 3" binder of backgrounds (polished stone, shaving cream, heated pearls, etc etc). Waterlogged -- I salvaged about a couple dozen, but just threw hundreds away, along with the binder and plastic insert pages.

Found a big portfolio that had some of the boys' larger-sized grade school artwork. The smaller "keeper" pieces I had saved elsewhere. Salvaged 3 laminated pieces and everything else got tossed.

How sad to lose the boys artwork.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #6058
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Running some loads of laundry. Am hoping the dryer works now. If not I have a drying rack that I'll set in the back courtyard until I get a chance to buy a new one. Will know in about 45 minutes if it is toast or not.
Fingers crossed that the dryer works.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #6059

Quote:

Oh Marge. I'm so sorry. That sucks.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
They did have fun. DS1 even got to have a turn in the dunk tank. And because it was 6 weeks later than normal, it was hotter. Around 85 yesterday (90 today) so even though the water was cold they had fun. Each kid who had volunteered was allotted a 5 minute slot. Each kid also probably got dunked 5 or 6 times!
Oh that's FUN!

I need to send you the box tops I've been saving for the school before you pack up that refurb'ed camper and start travelling!

Then I'll need to know who gets the box tops next year!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #6061
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my masterpiece" from last week's retreat. This is an all day 8.5 x 11" piece.
Attached Thumbnails
flood-retreat-018.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #6062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
I believe there is only ONE soon-to-be-discontinued In Color. That would be Lucky Limeade. The other four retiring and going into our core colors!
Oh, RIGHT!!! That's good news--trying to keep upcoming order to a minimum to stay in my budget!

The budget and I are actually getting along pretty well these days.

I have to admit I was kind of weirded out by some of the nuked in colors they brought back. That seemed a little cheesy. Crushed curry in and mustard's out? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #6063

Quote:
She's doing okay, ERK. Threw her back out and missed a few days but back to work. Pippin seems to be behaving better, at least I haven't heard anything!
Ack. Glad both her back and our friend Pippin are doing better!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #6064

Quote:
Sounds fantastic! We'll want pictures of the refurbished/improved motorhome!
We do! We do!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #6065

Quote:
Jane, that was a very, very sweet offer that you made to me yesterday.....how great to be cared for so much by cyber friends so far away.....
Actually it was very selfish since it meant I'd get to meet you IRL that much sooner!

After meeting Karen last year I've decided that meeting a very dear friend for the very first time when they pick you up at the airport is just too much fun an opportunity to miss! Neck in neck with Chili's waitress asking how long you've known each other and getting to answer that you're just meeting for the first time!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #6066

Quote:
Here's my masterpiece" from last week's retreat. This is an all day 8.5 x 11" piece.
Holy COW Marge that's just awesomely beautiful!!! Are you going to frame it? It's amazing!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #6067
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That is stunning!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #6068

I'm busy jonesing the moose stamp from new catalog. I moose acquire it somehow...
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #6069

Today is Pippin's birthday, he's a year old!

Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #6070

Pippin's birthday (and cupcake chew toy).
Attached Thumbnails
pippin-bday-1.jpg   pippin-bday-2.jpg  

Old 04-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #6071
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So cute!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #6072
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I napped on the couch most of the afternoon And my throat is very sore. Uh oh, think I'm getting sick. Timing couldn't be worse.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #6073
Stazon Splitcoast

Neighbor' & son-in-law helped me get the heavy generator out of the car and stored in the garage.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #6074

Quote:
That face!!! And the HAT!!! Too adorable!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #6075

Read this today and loved the perspective:

Why is the feminist movement in an identity crisis? Just look at the back of your jeans. - The Washington Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #6076

Yeah who wants to advertise the size of their pants! OWEEEEE

Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #6077

Good afternoon!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #6078

So our most recent electric bill.

$106.67.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

PH in VA likes this post.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #6079
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:

Oh noes. The backgrounds are a bummer, but losing the boys' artwork is so disheartening.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #6080
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Is that all created from stamps? Those green eyes are mesmerizing.