In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #5001
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Shadow woke me up 4 times last night. **FOUR. **

Runny poop. Twenty degrees out. After the 7am wakeup, I slept till 10:30am. I cannot even remember the last time I slept that late. But not a restful night with so many interruptions.
Arghhhh


When I wake up in the middle of the night like that, I don't count it as "sleeping late" - just trying to get the hours in! Hope he's doing better. Any idea what's causing it? Have you asked the vet? Or is it very rare? Seems like it's happened before.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #5002
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
poor shadow. i hope he's okay.

but you know - if you lived near me - it only got down to the upper 50s last night...
I think it got down to 50 last night or just under that. Not too bad! It does feel like spring is here. Not so much for my sister who had the "blizzard" yesterday!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #5003
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Agree that in some months the weather is better.
Not sure I could do the extreme heat in the summers.


And I'm absolutely sure that I couldn't do the political conservatism which is the overall image I get when I think of Texas. Sorry E....
lol For me it's definitely the heat and humidity. Although if you HAVE to live in it, you do learn to deal with it. Basically we didn't do outdoor activities in southeast Florida from April through September!!! When the overnight low is 79 every night...... no thanks.


Here, we occasionally have very high heat for a few days, but at least it's not humid. V gets more of that heat than I do, I'm closer to the Bay and it moderates. Most hot days, it's cool enough to open up for sleeping overnight.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #5004
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Arghhhh


When I wake up in the middle of the night like that, I don't count it as "sleeping late" - just trying to get the hours in! Hope he's doing better. Any idea what's causing it? Have you asked the vet? Or is it very rare? Seems like it's happened before.
Last January he had a bad bout of diarrhea. I was happy that I was retired as I was taking in for walks every 3-4 hours. They never found a cause / infection/ whatever for that.


Didn't take him to the vet today, closed plus anyway it is so hard for him to jump in to the car.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #5005
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Oh that was awhile ago then. Sigh.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #5006
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,817
Default

Another St Patricks dinner in the books. Crock potted the corned beef as I was gone most of the day. Roasted potatoes, soda bread, salad, deviled eggs. I ate very moderately and since I was at the zoo today walking and ate only fruit and veg as snacks there it should still be a good weigh in for me tomorrow.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #5007
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,817
Default

Marge sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. I'm glad your sister will be there to represent your family.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #5008
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,817
Default

I should go pick out my clothes for tomorrow.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #5009
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,817
Default

Oh also there was some awesome band news in the catch up? Congrats to the boys PH.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #5010
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,454
Default

why am i not finishing up answer keys for tomorrow's work... i'm going to regret it if i don't....
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #5011
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
why am i not finishing up answer keys for tomorrow's work... i'm going to regret it if i don't....
"Procrastination, I know thee well...."


__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #5012
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

So DH was looking for something today. A small piece of paper (like cardstock) with three small o-rings on it, wrapped in clear plastic.

I told him it didn't sound familiar at all. I saw him wandering the house, going thru his piles of stuff. He'd stop at one of my piles and I'd say, "I've been through there, it's not in that pile." (I've done a LOT in the last two months.)

He was sitting on the couch when I thought I'd just kind of walk around and see if I saw any small piles of his stuff that he might have missed. He had noted that the item hadn't been seen in a few months, so I knew it wasn't something I'd have moved recently.

I saw a small plastic tray with some doodads in it, and some papers sticking up, so I picked it up and flipped through the small papers.

Yeah, guess what.

I walked in and put it next to him on the arm of the couch. I love doing that.

I am The Finder.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #5013
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Did I tell you about Comcast?

Thursday night, we couldn't get NBC or a local affiliate. Other stations seemed okay. After a few hours, DH went to bed, and I called Comcast. Did you know they outsource customer support? Right, no surprise. Anyway, the accent was difficult and she couldn't help me, we had a weird issue, and are watching HD through the TiVo that DD won last summer. So it has a cable card. She suggested calling TiVo. Well they aren't there 24/7, so I called in the morning. I got an American in Colorado! W00t! Anyway, he was very helpful even with ME, the non-techie, and was able to get me to a screen where he could tell me to try things, and some number told him that the cable card was not getting the signal. He said to call Comcast, that they might tell me the signals on their end look great, but obviously the cable card wasn't getting them.

So I called Comcast. Worse accent than the night before. She couldn't help me but told me I should talk to the Cable Card division, and gave me the number. Then tried to upsell stuff. I told her I would talk to DH. She seemed surprised that I wasn't anxious to take all their services that would save me so much money! lol

So I called the CC division and that person also had an accent but she knew what she was doing (and didn't try to sell me anything). She said we needed a new cable card, and I said we were close to a Comcast store and could run down and get it. So she put a note on the account about it. This is Friday afternoon now so as soon as DH got home, he got the old card out and we took it down and exchanged it. Got home, had to call Comcast again to activate. I told DH to call - I even warned him that they'd start by telling him how to get the fight Sat. night. Yeah I had the menu memorized by then. Anyway, they activated and told him it would take about 45 minutes for it to download all the info.

And then it worked.

But then, last night (Sat.), we went to watch something On Demand and it would get to the end of the menu, that is, click on the show we wanted, and a stupid screen would come up and told us to call Comcast.

DH did. He got some guy in "probably India" and the guy was most unhelpful. So DH asked if he could talk to the next level up, his supervisor. The guy got hostile. DH was explaining to him that since he couldn't solve the problem, he needed to talk to someone higher up who might. The guy hung up on him!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoa.

So he got online and talked to two different people on their chat help page. They ended up scheduling a visit this afternoon by a tech. DH said the guy wasn't going to be able to help, and he was right. He did tell us that they are having an awful time with the cable cards. He didn't even have one to swap out, I guess they usually do but he said the warehouse was out.

So we're going to go down after DH gets home from work tomorrow and hope the store has one to give us. And then hope it works.

FUN FUN FUN
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #5014
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,817
Default

hi
lunch break.
I'm tired. Mentally exhausted. But I'm enjoying the position so far. The people I've met have all been very nice.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #5015
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,817
Default

I do really miss the kids tho. I don't think I'll be hanging on to too many hours at Target. I don't think I can stand getting them from school heading home making dinner and getting back out to another job. I'd feel like I'd never see them.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #5016
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

It's so hard, V. You're very lucky to have a DH that is willing and able to help but it's still hard on the mama.

Mentally exhausted - always happens at a new job, even if it's easy, it's all new, new people, and it's tiring! But you know you'll be fine after you get used to it.

Love you girl!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #5017
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: in an auditorium, enjoying concert season
Posts: 73,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Just got a call from my cousin in Oil City/Franklin.

The Aunt that I had gone to see in the hospital when I drove out there last week died a few hours ago.


So my dad's family is now all gone. Only one Aunt left (the wife of his youngest brother).
I'm sorry, Marge. {hugs}
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #5018
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Did I tell you about Comcast?

Thursday night, we couldn't get NBC or a local affiliate. Other stations seemed okay. After a few hours, DH went to bed, and I called Comcast. Did you know they outsource customer support? Right, no surprise. Anyway, the accent was difficult and she couldn't help me, we had a weird issue, and are watching HD through the TiVo that DD won last summer. So it has a cable card. She suggested calling TiVo. Well they aren't there 24/7, so I called in the morning. I got an American in Colorado! W00t! Anyway, he was very helpful even with ME, the non-techie, and was able to get me to a screen where he could tell me to try things, and some number told him that the cable card was not getting the signal. He said to call Comcast, that they might tell me the signals on their end look great, but obviously the cable card wasn't getting them.

So I called Comcast. Worse accent than the night before. She couldn't help me but told me I should talk to the Cable Card division, and gave me the number. Then tried to upsell stuff. I told her I would talk to DH. She seemed surprised that I wasn't anxious to take all their services that would save me so much money! lol

So I called the CC division and that person also had an accent but she knew what she was doing (and didn't try to sell me anything). She said we needed a new cable card, and I said we were close to a Comcast store and could run down and get it. So she put a note on the account about it. This is Friday afternoon now so as soon as DH got home, he got the old card out and we took it down and exchanged it. Got home, had to call Comcast again to activate. I told DH to call - I even warned him that they'd start by telling him how to get the fight Sat. night. Yeah I had the menu memorized by then. Anyway, they activated and told him it would take about 45 minutes for it to download all the info.

And then it worked.

But then, last night (Sat.), we went to watch something On Demand and it would get to the end of the menu, that is, click on the show we wanted, and a stupid screen would come up and told us to call Comcast.

DH did. He got some guy in "probably India" and the guy was most unhelpful. So DH asked if he could talk to the next level up, his supervisor. The guy got hostile. DH was explaining to him that since he couldn't solve the problem, he needed to talk to someone higher up who might. The guy hung up on him!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoa.

So he got online and talked to two different people on their chat help page. They ended up scheduling a visit this afternoon by a tech. DH said the guy wasn't going to be able to help, and he was right. He did tell us that they are having an awful time with the cable cards. He didn't even have one to swap out, I guess they usually do but he said the warehouse was out.

So we're going to go down after DH gets home from work tomorrow and hope the store has one to give us. And then hope it works.

FUN FUN FUN

Oy vey!!!!
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #5019
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: in an auditorium, enjoying concert season
Posts: 73,444
Default

Wrose, I'm sorry for the Comcast craziness. What a PITA.
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #5020
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: in an auditorium, enjoying concert season
Posts: 73,444
Default

{Hugs} to you, V. I hope your afternoon went well!
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #5021
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: in an auditorium, enjoying concert season
Posts: 73,444
Default

So today, on my blog, I received two comments from the same person on the same card, barely 6.5 hours apart.



I guess my work is so forgettable that she didn't remember commenting on the card earlier. Sigh.

Last edited by PH in VA; 03-18-2013 at 07:15 PM..
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #5022
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
Muddy Otter, do you realise it's been a year since you visited? Another year and we'll be in your neck of the woods!
OMIGOODNESS!!! It has been, hasn't it? Can't WAIT to see you all here next year!

My Desert museum fuzzy had a lovely time in the mountains this weekend. Perfect weather for it! I think of you all and of my friends the saguaro every time i wear it!
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #5023
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
We talked about naming him Patrick but we had already chosen Steve, liked it better. And Patrick can be shortened to Pat which is both male & female. Also just seemed a bit cliche-ish...
Faith and begorrah!

I do like Steve, though. And it seems to suit Steve well. How was his birthday? I'll have to keep reading.
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #5024
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Awww, that gave me goose bumps. See that's the thing, these people have decided for themselves and don't presume to decide for others. Sure we'll discuss when it's appropriate, but it's not like we're out to deconvert people. Well, maybe Dawkins is. lol Actually I have a feeling he just had his fill of stupid people through the years. I don't mean believers, I mean stupid people. Most atheists aren't that militant, they simply want to be able to not believe and not be tortured about it (or their cars keyed).
I still think the best quote I've ever read on evangelizing is the St Francis quote Alyson passed on to me: Preach the gospel at all times. When absolutely necessary, use words.

My feeling has always been that actions speak so much more profoundly about what someone considers important--not just religious people but athiests too. I think that's why I find it so easy to respect--or to feel uncomfortable with--such a broad range of religious beliefs. If you want to burn someone else's sacred texts, blow them up or lecture people you don't even know anything about that they're going to hell if they don't think exactly the same way you do, you've told me a lot about your belief system right there that makes me want to run as fast as possible in the opposite direction while screaming like a little girl.
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #5025
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
i ended up working with a differetn team than i had planned since my boss screwed me over. ended up loving hte team. they are great. we play hard and drink hard. next year i'll stay up there so i don't have to drive home each night and i can stay and play .

of course dh is already ticked off that i had an amazing time wihtout him.
Sounds like you had SO much fun!

I've never been to a rodeo. Several bullfights, but no rodeo.
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #5026
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
oh wait - i normally have amazing times without him....

it's when he's around that everything starts to suck.

dd1 and i decided he could suck the joy out of christmas he's such a sour puss.
Gack.
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #5027
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,394
Default

Ruh roh.

HUGE thunderclap. Terrified Molly. Back tomorrow.
__________________
Jane
Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #5028
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
Ruh roh.

HUGE thunderclap. Terrified Molly. Back tomorrow.
They had some really big hail go through parts of Georgia!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #5029
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
I still think the best quote I've ever read on evangelizing is the St Francis quote Alyson passed on to me: Preach the gospel at all times. When absolutely necessary, use words.

My feeling has always been that actions speak so much more profoundly about what someone considers important--not just religious people but athiests too. I think that's why I find it so easy to respect--or to feel uncomfortable with--such a broad range of religious beliefs. If you want to burn someone else's sacred texts, blow them up or lecture people you don't even know anything about that they're going to hell if they don't think exactly the same way you do, you've told me a lot about your belief system right there that makes me want to run as fast as possible in the opposite direction while screaming like a little girl.
I do like that quote. Of course, there are people that think it's "necessary" long before someone like you might!

I heard from my New Zealand friend that whenever there's a knock on the door, and it's an American, they are pushing religion. She gets people trying to sell stuff or services too, but the Americans just want to sell religion. I apologized for that particular export! lol
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #5030
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
So today, on my blog, I received two comments from the same person on the same card, barely 6.5 hours apart.



I guess my work is so forgettable that she didn't remember commenting on the card earlier. Sigh.
LOL!!! Better twice than none! I'd say the card was quite memorable if she wanted to be sure to comment; she's the flake for not remembering she already did. Maybe she left it open for awhile and forgot she'd said something already. How different were the comments?
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #5031
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: in an auditorium, enjoying concert season
Posts: 73,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
LOL!!! Better twice than none! I'd say the card was quite memorable if she wanted to be sure to comment; she's the flake for not remembering she already did. Maybe she left it open for awhile and forgot she'd said something already. How different were the comments?
The second one was a paraphrase of the first.

I did notice that she linked herself to two different URLs, although she used the same email address (which is only visible to me) and she has the same photo avatar on both comments. The first one was a Wordpress blog, and since my blog tends to send Wordpress users' comments to moderation, I'm wondering if maybe that's what happened. I don't remember if it did or not. But maybe if she got a notice that comment #1 was sent to moderation, she felt it didn't go through or something, and didn't look to see if it had been processed when she left comment #2.

But yeah, like you said, two is better than none. It just surprised me, that's all.
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #5032
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Ahhh that's a good explanation, PH. (Or she's just a flake.)
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #5033
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Dang, I crossed over into 94,000 posts and missed it!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #5034
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

The Comcast saga is NOT over. No "On Demand" from this Cable Card either. DH called and escalated to second level and at least didn't get hung up on this time.

We're to try another card and I guess give them more information to get "the right" card.

Why didn't they give us the right one the first time? They also tried to suggest another service call. DH let him know in no uncertain terms that that was not going to happen.

Yeah I could tell he was ticked.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #5035
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Jane, I hope you got back to sleep, I saw you on briefly around -- well I guess 1:15 your time. Boy was I surprised! That would be like seeing me on at 7:30 a.m. my time! ha ha
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #5036
Glitter Guru
 
AlysonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
The Comcast saga is NOT over. No "On Demand" from this Cable Card either. DH called and escalated to second level and at least didn't get hung up on this time.

We're to try another card and I guess give them more information to get "the right" card.

Why didn't they give us the right one the first time? They also tried to suggest another service call. DH let him know in no uncertain terms that that was not going to happen.

Yeah I could tell he was ticked.
Kathy: DIRECTV Refer A Friend ? Share DIRECTV With Friends & Get Rewards

$100 off for you, $100 off for me (just need my acct# to activate).


We have never been disappointed with DirecTV - best choice we made was dumping Comcast. Got a problem - they fix it asap and give you a credit for the inconvenience. Really good customer service!
__________________
“My dear, all life is a series of problems which we must try and solve. First one, then the next, and the next, until at last, we die.” --- Dowager Countess Violet Grantham
AlysonRR is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #5037
Glitter Guru
 
AlysonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,281
Default

Congrats on the job, V - can't imagine how you can manage two - I'm amazed by your energy level! Do you have a specific financial goal so you can just work til you get that $ then quit the extra job? I imagine it's a lot of pressure to have so many hours...

Marge - so sorry about your aunt... I'm so glad you went to see her when you were out there! A visit to the living is definitely higher value compared to attending a funeral.
__________________
“My dear, all life is a series of problems which we must try and solve. First one, then the next, and the next, until at last, we die.” --- Dowager Countess Violet Grantham
AlysonRR is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #5038
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 99,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
Kathy: DIRECTV Refer A Friend ? Share DIRECTV With Friends & Get Rewards

$100 off for you, $100 off for me (just need my acct# to activate).

We have never been disappointed with DirecTV - best choice we made was dumping Comcast. Got a problem - they fix it asap and give you a credit for the inconvenience. Really good customer service!
I asked DH, and while he said the TV service would be comparable, Comcast apparently (? in his opinion) has the best/fastest internet service. And of course if you separate those into two different services, you pay through the nose.

I know part of it is because we're using TiVo for our HD at the moment. We never had a DVR, but DD won the TiVo last summer, along with a year of service. So he doesn't really want to switch. And, fortunately, we rarely have to deal with Comcast. Our neighborhood's wires are all underground so we rarely lose power or cable or anything.

But thanks for the offer!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #5039
Glitter Guru
 
AlysonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,281
Default

On my end, the Destination Imagination team I manage won their Regional Tournament in their event and now get to go to the State Tournament!!! They're only the third team at their school to get that far, with about 30 school teams over the last four years, so they're really excited and I'm really proud of their hard work.

Three of them have been together for three years, three others were together on a different team for two years. It was a really rewarding year for me, seeing the growth over the years in individual and team behavior - we have ADD, ADHD, Asperger's, ODD diagnoses for some of the team members, plus two that are pretty bossy and two that cry easily - it's always been dramatic, and this year, no tears, minimal bossing! Last year's teamwork score was 27/100 - this year was 68/100. Yea for progress! They want to stay together as a team and I'm excited to see how they come along


Global finals would cost ~$14K, so I'm hoping they do well at State, but not too well That much fundraising (in a month!!!) intimidates me!
__________________
“My dear, all life is a series of problems which we must try and solve. First one, then the next, and the next, until at last, we die.” --- Dowager Countess Violet Grantham
AlysonRR is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #5040
Glitter Guru
 
AlysonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
I asked DH, and while he said the TV service would be comparable, Comcast apparently (? in his opinion) has the best/fastest internet service. And of course if you separate those into two different services, you pay through the nose.
yeah, no internet w/DirecTV - we get ours via cable for not too much.

Quote:
I know part of it is because we're using TiVo for our HD at the moment. We never had a DVR, but DD won the TiVo last summer, along with a year of service. So he doesn't really want to switch. And, fortunately, we rarely have to deal with Comcast. Our neighborhood's wires are all underground so we rarely lose power or cable or anything.

But thanks for the offer!
We're still using a TiVo box on the tv in my office - DirecTV had a relationship with them when we first started their service so it's the oldest box we have, with the least capacity, but it's still going strong! So I know TiVo (at least the older versions) are compatible with DirecTV.

Just a thought I spent 20 hours on the phone setting up DH's cable internet in CA, more hours than that on ours (ours is buried but we're just a little far from the connection - 400 foot driveway - so we continued to have signal problems). We've moved the DirecTV four times and haven't spent more than an hour total on any of the customer service nonsense. High quality, good customer service.


Bundling is good, though.
__________________
“My dear, all life is a series of problems which we must try and solve. First one, then the next, and the next, until at last, we die.” --- Dowager Countess Violet Grantham
AlysonRR is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off