Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #441
Glitter Guru

Marge - we had so much fun while you were away.

Wait a second - so did you
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #442
Glitter Guru

Amber, I'm lucky that my family (well, at least my husband and mom - we haven't discussed it with the kids much yet) agree with my choices after death. We all (including my dad) agreed that donation of any useful bits followed by cremation and sprinkling somewhere we enjoyed in life was preferable. We sprinkled my dad in the water in front of the house where he spent 62 years swimming and waterskiing and crabbing and smelting (catching smelt, not metal-working); mom kept a bit and went out in an outrigger canoe in front of their Maui condo, too. She also transformed an old gaudy (but real diamond/platinum) ring into a lovely necklace which encases a bit of Dad so he can 'go with her' on her travels - that was her need. I do understand why some people need different things when they're grieving. I think it's good that you're talking about it with your kids and both of you are open to what the kids may want.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #443
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
If you're dead, ya can't change your mind.

Rainsong
I think he assumed I would know the time was coming or if something were to happen to DH or one of the kids. I've never been known to change my mind, so not sure where get got that idea. He treated my brothers and I as if we just couldn't possibly understand the way he felt when losing mom. It was offensive and out of line, but we all just let it go bc if it helped him to deal with his pain, who were we to squash that? Of everyone in the family, he knew her the least, IMO. I knew her the best, IMO.

He has since recreated memories and made them much more pleasant than they ever were and has no recollection of all of the horrible things he did. Truly.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #444
blaBBermouth

Quote:
When dh was diagnosed, we had our wills drawn up and specified we wanted cremated.

I've always hated what my m-i-l did after f-i-l died. He had put in his will that he wanted his body to go to science, but she buried him instead. To me, that was a huge sign of disrespect.

Rainsong
I agree, that is incredibly disrespectful.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #445
blaBBermouth

Quote:
You guys are always listing what you do during the day, so I think I'll post my "today."

Showered then left for the grocery store.

Came home, put stuff away then started dinner in the crockpot--beef for French dip sandwiches, a request from hubby.

Took dh for neurologist appt. Spent over an hour waiting for appointment and fifteen minutes with the doctor. All told, round trip, waiting and actual appointment, 2 hours.

Came home, fed the cats, washed the dishes and started the BBQ sauce for tomorrow's visit with dh's sister.

While BBQ sauce was simmering, I grated cabbage for slaw.

Played with new Acrylic Silks I got in the mail. (They're GOR-JUS!)

Had dinner.

Cleaned up and did dishes again.

Watched NCIS and Survivor.

Put BBQ on to get it started for tomorrow.

Baked cake.

And now I'm off to do the dishes--again.

Tomorrow I'll dust and whip up the dressing for the slaw and ice the cake. Dh gets to vacuum since he likes it so much.

Rainsong
Busy day!

I take a lot of pride in my time management and multi tasking skills. I used to think everyone could accomplish anything if they just stopped being lazy brats, but I've since realized that some people just don't even think to do another task while they wait for the water to boil.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #446
blaBBermouth

I keep telling DH that I am going to keep a running chart with times on it so he can see just what I do all day and why the house completely falls apart in the two hours he is with the children. *sigh*

I can leave clean happy children in a spotless house. I go to a two hour ballgame and it looks like the house vomitted clothes, toys and dirty dishes. He is completely exhausted and acts like he could barely get the kids in bed, let alone get anything else done. Then, I have to spend about an our packing lunches, cleaning the kitchen and cleaning the living room. I have yet to figure out how he does it.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #447
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbb View Post
I keep telling DH that I am going to keep a running chart with times on it so he can see just what I do all day and why the house completely falls apart in the two hours he is with the children. *sigh*

I can leave clean happy children in a spotless house. I go to a two hour ballgame and it looks like the house vomitted clothes, toys and dirty dishes. He is completely exhausted and acts like he could barely get the kids in bed, let alone get anything else done. Then, I have to spend about an our packing lunches, cleaning the kitchen and cleaning the living room. I have yet to figure out how he does it.
Been there, done that--finally figured out a clean house isn't all that important in relation to time spent with daddy or mommy.

Rainsong
Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #448
blaBBermouth

I don't think he even spends any real quality time with them. He acts like feeding them and putting on pj's is a daunting task that takes all night. LOL! Men!

When I was gone on Black Friday, I thought he would spend the day on the floor playing with the kids. He said it was all he could do to feed them breakfast(canned refridgerated cinnamon rolls), get them dressed(baby was still in a sleeper when I came in.) feed them lunch(cheese sandwich with applesauce) and put the girls down for a nap.

He kills me!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #449
blaBBermouth

OH, and there were cracker crumbs all over the floor and dirty dishes everywhere!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #450
neglecting the kids and housework

HI!
RS I'm so glad you still watch Survivor. Some reason I thought you abandoned that a few seasons ago.
Alyson I'm glad you clarified smelting because I was wondering there for a sec.
BB men are dorks.I know DH plays with them at night and tha'ts fine, I don't expect to come home to a cleaned up place necessarily but some nights he doesnt' even put the trash from the table to the can that is about 2 feet from the table.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #451

I have been supremely lazy today.
Took Zach to school and came home and snuggled in bed to watch Top CHef. Jacob hung out a bit then watched tv out on the couch then hung out some more and we played Angry Birds Star Wars. Then I took a bath because I was freezing. I'm still barely warm enough. I must be overtired today.
After the bath I figured we'd better get dinner food and maybe let J pick out a gift for Z so we went to Target. I ended up getting frozen meatballs wich are in a crock pot with marinara, garlic cloves, dash of balsamic and dried onions, hoagie rolls, sliced mozarella, and a frozen oreo pie for dessert. If I had em I'd use paper plates today too lol
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #452
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
I have been supremely lazy today.
Took Zach to school and came home and snuggled in bed to watch Top CHef. Jacob hung out a bit then watched tv out on the couch then hung out some more and we played Angry Birds Star Wars. Then I took a bath because I was freezing. I'm still barely warm enough. I must be overtired today.
After the bath I figured we'd better get dinner food and maybe let J pick out a gift for Z so we went to Target. I ended up getting frozen meatballs wich are in a crock pot with marinara, garlic cloves, dash of balsamic and dried onions, hoagie rolls, sliced mozarella, and a frozen oreo pie for dessert. If I had em I'd use paper plates today too lol
I can't imagine that crock pot combo, but to each her own.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #453
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
HI!
RS I'm so glad you still watch Survivor. Some reason I thought you abandoned that a few seasons ago.
Alyson I'm glad you clarified smelting because I was wondering there for a sec.
BB men are dorks.I know DH plays with them at night and tha'ts fine, I don't expect to come home to a cleaned up place necessarily but some nights he doesnt' even put the trash from the table to the can that is about 2 feet from the table.
Right? LIke dirty tissues laying on the counter above the garbage can? Who does that? Diapers...hello, trash can! Dirty underwear from where the kids change clothes...hamper!

Most nights I come in at 830 and he is in the chair asleep as if he has just run a marathon in the two hours I was gone. I usually have dinner ready before I leave. He's just a spoiled brat!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #454
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
A We all (including my dad) agreed that donation of any useful bits followed by cremation and sprinkling somewhere we enjoyed in life was preferable..
i doubt by the time i'm finally dead there will be any useful bits of me left...

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #455

Quote:

He has since recreated memories and made them much more pleasant than they ever were and has no recollection of all of the horrible things he did. Truly.
wait - are my mom and your dad related???

To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #456

Quote:
Right? LIke dirty tissues laying on the counter above the garbage can? Who does that? Diapers...hello, trash can! Dirty underwear from where the kids change clothes...hamper!

Most nights I come in at 830 and he is in the chair asleep as if he has just run a marathon in the two hours I was gone. I usually have dinner ready before I leave. He's just a spoiled brat!
don't get me started there... ugh.

To date 20 completed!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #457
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my very pretty, Twilight blue, new car! eeek.

Last edited by Englishrose; 04-12-2013 at 11:31 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #458

love it!!!

To date 20 completed!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #459
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Your men are pathetic and hopeless. Mine got much better trained.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #460

Nice car, ERK!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #461
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you. We got it on Tuesday.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #462
Stazon Splitcoast

Mine puts his dishes in the sink, not the dishwasher but better than nothing. Dirty laundry either goes next to or, even worse, on top of the laundry basket.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #463
Stazon Splitcoast

Kids have had benchmark tests all week so no volunteers are allowed in. Tomorrow, I'll be there most of the day in both classes. Fun.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #464

I used to go off to arts and crafts shows on fairly frequent Saturdays during the season, with a friend. We'd go around 9 a.m., spend a few hours, have lunch and go home. Frequently DH would take the kids to a park.

But then again, HE was the one who wanted kids, not me. So he knew better than to pretend he didn't know what to do. lol

Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #465

DH always puts his dishes in the d/w, so does DS. DD not so much.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #466
Stazon Splitcoast

Productive day. As well as cleaning, cooking and laundry I wrote some long letters to go in with Christmas cards and wrote probably 30 cards, too. Too warm to feel Christmassy though, still 78 today.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #467
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
DH always puts his dishes in the d/w, so does DS. DD not so much.
It amazes me how the kids can sometimes be oblivious as to how things are done in the house even though they see DH and I do them all the time. They are good about clearing the table and loading and unloading the dishwasher though. They take a leaf out of DHs book with laundry though.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #468
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
I used to go off to arts and crafts shows on fairly frequent Saturdays during the season, with a friend. We'd go around 9 a.m., spend a few hours, have lunch and go home.

I'm looking forward to finding things like this when we're on the road.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #469
Stazon Splitcoast

DS is going on a field trip in a couple of weeks to a place in Phoenix called Biztown. They've tons of work to prepare and if DH wasn't out of town I'd go as a chaperone.They interviewed for jobs last week and DS1 got Bank VP job which he wanted. DS leaves school at 6.30 to get there for 9am.... chaperones have to drive up and need to be there at 7.30 so I'd have had to leave here at 5.30........ just wouldn't work.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
It amazes me how the kids can sometimes be oblivious as to how things are done in the house even though they see DH and I do them all the time. They are good about clearing the table and loading and unloading the dishwasher though. They take a leaf out of DHs book with laundry though.
Yeah when I was gone back east for my dad's funeral, DD put signs on the sinks for everyone else. ha ha ha What not to leave in there, etc. HAHA

Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #471
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

HOW CUTE is this?!?

Globe Christmas Ornament
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #472
Stazon Splitcoast

What a fun idea.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #473
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
Here is my very pretty, Twilight blue, new car! eeek.
Nice! Hope you enjoy it!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #474

I went to the eye doctor today, it had been two years. My eyes are slightly IMPROVED in their nearsightedness.

No signs of glaucoma. He looked real good. Really bright light in my eyeball.

No dilating tho.

Then to WW to get to a meeting. Then home briefly, and DS and his GF, and DD and me all went to Michael's, then lunch at Taco Bell.

I got mostly adhesive stuff but picked up a couple edge punches (M. Stewart) on coupon. Spread the coupons around so everyone got something off. I'd printed them off before we left.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #475

So y'all know Pippin has the cone.

Well yesterday DD called to let the vet's know he needed a longer cone. The dog is a contortionist. So she got that today after class and put it on him.

He just really seems to have no clue that he should slow down or anything. He is just clunking into everything!

And we have this storm system going through - just wind and rain but for this area, it's a big deal. But Pippin keeps barking at the wind and creaking house! HA HA HA

Goofy dog.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #476

It is crazy raining out here. We have a canal/stream that runs through the developments out here. It's about two feet from cresting.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #477

Wow V, and it's only just begun......

Hope it doesn't go over by Sunday!

Been raining here all day but I think we're predicted to have less rain than you - the further north, the more rain.

But they keep upping it. Early yesterday I thought we'd not even get maybe 2 inches of rain, now they are saying "at least three."

Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #478

So DH's truck renewal was due today so I got on last night to do it. I hit submit and it went off into never never land and finally an error message.

Checked the CC this morning but nothing went through, called the tech number at DMV to see, she said what I suspected - if it lets you do it, it wasn't done. So I did it.

I'll watch the Discover card and make sure it doesn't show up twice! lol

Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #479

Wow.

ThinkGeek :: Golden Limited Edition Star Trek Pizza Cutter

No I'm not buying it. Maybe if I'd won the lottery. Oh wait, I don't play the lottery....

Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #480
Band Mom

My boys are so pretty.

Yes, both of them.