Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #4161
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbb View Post
PH, will the students in the pit be dressed in tux like attire?
They had to wear black. So ODS wore a solid black dress shirt and his tux pants.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #4162
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Ah, OK. The flexible hose sounds functional but I was looking for something more living room aesthetic, traditional. I may need to resort to searching online which I have not done. I don't want the "upward" kind.
Oh Marge! They had those too! They had an amazing variety!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 02-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #4163
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
I'm so glad you said that! I had to google.

He was the jerky stupid little guy in Shrek. The Prince.

But the note I saw also indicated that it surely can't be coincidence that the word is so much like f***wad. lol (I censored myself.)
Close, but not quite. He was the guy in the original Shrek movie who wanted to force Princess Fiona to marry him so he could become a king. But then when he learned Fiona was under the curse that turned her into an ogre, he didn't want anything to do with her.

The Prince was in the 2nd and 3rd movies, trying to prevent Shrek from becoming king.

And yes, the sound-alike is quite amusing, isn't it?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #4164

Quote:
E, Super proud of you for doing the 5k! I'm sorry that DH and the girls aren't supportive. My hubs and kids never come to my runs, but I'm ok with that. I kind of like having my own thing. I'm debating about whether or not I'm capable of running the half marathon in May.
I can see that too. For one thing, with five kids, it's probably easier just to get away. lol Also bringing them would leave your DH trying to handle everyone while you're doing your thing. And they're so little. Well some of them.

Quote:
Wrose, I'm sure DS will love his new robe. Is he adjusting to life in the midwest? HOw's DD adjusting to her new job and home?
They all seem fine, DS really likes where he is, and his car. lol DD didn't like the cold spell they just had but is loving it.

Quote:
MO...I wish you would stop talking poorly of your looks. You are absolutely beautiful inside and out. I mean it.
I so agree. It's not even worth worrying about. I'm glad you are more accepting of yourself and not "in need" of a man to validate yourself.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #4165

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Close, but not quite. He was the guy in the original Shrek movie who wanted to force Princess Fiona to marry him so he could become a king. But then when he learned Fiona was under the curse that turned her into an ogre, he didn't want anything to do with her.

The Prince was in the 2nd and 3rd movies, trying to prevent Shrek from becoming king.

And yes, the sound-alike is quite amusing, isn't it?
Yeah that's what I meant. I only saw the first one. lol

Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #4166
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:
E, Super proud of you for doing the 5k! I'm sorry that DH and the girls aren't supportive. My hubs and kids never come to my runs, but I'm ok with that. I kind of like having my own thing. I'm debating about whether or not I'm capable of running the half marathon in May.
well dd1 wanted to go - but she didn't want to get there as early as i needed to get there for registration - plus it was 44 degrees... (yes, i was outside in 44 degree weather)

but dh wouldn't take her... i guess that's what ticked me off the most is that she would have come if he woudl have taken her - but he wouldn't get up...

she did wake up enough to text me before i started and tell me good luck. then she went back to bed.

now dd2... she was still sleeping in when i got home.

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #4167
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Bo, I can see how it would mean a lot to have something that's just yours, especially given how many small people--and really all of the family--need to rely on you for so much. That feeling of being out and moving and free is so exhilarating even if you don't have that many people relying on you. I imagine it must mean all the more when you do.

And thank you very much for the kind words. You've said a lot that's helped me rethink just leaning back and having fun with myself. That's helped more than you know.

E, the fact that your daughter wanted to go and cheer you on and her Dad wouldn't take her makes me want to drop a very large grand piano directly on his naughty bits. Seriously, if I could fit a piano in the back of the wagon I'd be driving there right now. I'm SO furious about that.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #4168

By the way E I really admire you for getting out when it was 44.

The next time I'm out and it's over 95 and 9000% humidity and I want to kvetch I will think of you with profound humility and try to STFU about how hot it is.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #4169
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
By the way E I really admire you for getting out when it was 44.

The next time I'm out and it's over 95 and 9000% humidity and I want to kvetch I will think of you with profound humility and try to STFU about how hot it is.

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #4170

Just finished my federal return. Office is SOOOO organized--and I've made a start on boxes upstairs. Now I just need to finish my State return which I hope will go quickly. Then off to take pups out for one last trot and head upstairs to commune with the ZZZZZZs.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #4171
Glitter Guru

Quote:
{re: menopause and not sleeping}
I'm not a huge fan of taking pills for anything but when nothing else helps, I'm also not a huge fan of continuing to suffer something might alleviate it. Especially if you've tried everything organic and peaceful and non-pharmaceutical and you're still getting zilch.
I'm nervous to take anything when I'm the only adult in the house... I once took a sleeping pill, in desperation for sleep, at 8am (kids had an early bus). I didn't wake up when the kids got home in spite of an alarm, the kids' knocking and ringing the doorbell, the neighbor yelling through the screen window (he had to climb up to the second floor on a ladder), and finally woke up when the paramedics stormed up the stairs (after breaking glass in my front door to gain entry). So I think they make me pretty oblivious...

OTOH, I couldn't have lived without them when I worked 11pm-10am shifts at the call center. But DH was home then.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #4172
Glitter Guru

PH - thanks for sharing Farquaad story - so many Farquaads in the world...

ERK - thanks for confirming my stereotype about English people and peanut butter, LOL.

MO - yea on finishing taxes!

Wrose - DH doesn't even like peanut noodles (yum), though he will eat peanuts on their own. Just not in a liquefied form.

AmBBer - hugs

E - hurray for your 5K!

Marge - sounds like a fun party despite the marmite. I watched via piratebay last fall and I've been dying for people to know what happens in the last episode!

V - good luck with the job hunt! Hope the new agency has something for you.

--------
Re: what I'm doing - well, the inspection gig didn't last - seems that despite saying it was flexible independent work, what they really wanted was people who would work all the daylight hours plus enter data later at home. It was taking way too much time, and no flexibility when either I or the kids were sick, which seems to happen more often to us than many So I'm on the lookout again, too...

Last edited by AlysonRR; 02-18-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #4173

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
I'm nervous to take anything when I'm the only adult in the house... I once took a sleeping pill, in desperation for sleep, at 8am (kids had an early bus). I didn't wake up when the kids got home in spite of an alarm, the kids' knocking and ringing the doorbell, the neighbor yelling through the screen window (he had to climb up to the second floor on a ladder), and finally woke up when the paramedics stormed up the stairs (after breaking glass in my front door to gain entry). So I think they make me pretty oblivious...

OTOH, I couldn't have lived without them when I worked 11pm-10am shifts at the call center. But DH was home then.
I can completely understand that. The stuff they gave me is notorious for producing strange side effects like driving a car without remembering it or sleepwalking to the fridge and consuming everything inside it down to the small bowl of baking soda in the back. Although I was lucky enough that at the half-pill dose I've done well with it--I was paranoid enough to put tape across the door the first few nights to see if I was leaving my bedroom but it was still there in the morning.

I wonder if your Dr might know of something that might help. Would your Mom be able to come stay for a few nights to make sure you were ok? You just sound so tired. I wish I were closer and could offer to come help out for a bit. I know for me, not sleeping really, really made the depression a lot worse.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #4174

Well, off to get my newly-better-organized butt into work a little earlier than usual. Scary... ooooOOOooOoOoo...
Old 02-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #4175
blaBBermouth

Morning!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #4176
blaBBermouth

E, I'm proud of you for getting out in the 44 degree weather. I'm supposed to run tonight as part of my regular training and its 17. Waaaahhhhhh. I don't like running when its that cold. By the time I finish I get the tight feeling in the chest, which I do love.

I'm sorry that DD wasn't there to cheer you on when she wanted to be and that DH was being a jerk face.

I should have added, that I don't mind my family not coming because I do adult oriented races. I train with other adults, run the race with other adults, etc. I'm even doing a couple Beer Runs. Yes...E! Rather than a cup of water at each mile, you chug a beer. Feel free to fly to Cinci and do it with me. For reals!!! And really, depending on the weather, its not really conducive to having a bunch of kids standing around miserably.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #4177
blaBBermouth

E, if you're getting into running, I highly recommend the new nike dri fit socks. They are amazing. Pricey, but amazing. They have cushioning in all the right places to accomodate normal blistering spots and they wick away the sweat from your feet. I'm in love with socks. This is what my life has come to.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #4178
neglecting the kids and housework

Morning
Kids off to school. Going to watch tv and have breakfast then work on more online skill testing for the agency.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #4179
Band Mom

Wrose!!!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #4180
Band Mom

Ha ha ha, cute this one is:

Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #4181

OMG I LOVE THAT ONE!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #4182

Got called off of work tonight. Get to have a nice dinner with the family and relax a little. Gonna go get my Jacob in a few minutes and hope I don't have to drive thru much rain. IT's bonkers out there
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #4183
Band Mom

We had a true "wintry mix" this morning - sleet, rain, and snow all between 6:45 and 7:30 this morning. Thankfully the sleet lasted only a few minutes.

Apparently everyone around here made it to school safely enough because I didn't hear any sirens go by here on the main road.

Now the sun is out and it's around 50°.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #4184

Too funny, PH. Found a Yoda site, you have.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #4185

Yes, V, we have a winter storm going thru. It's raining and cold.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #4186

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Got called off of work tonight. Get to have a nice dinner with the family and relax a little. Gonna go get my Jacob in a few minutes and hope I don't have to drive thru much rain. IT's bonkers out there
It's only been gently raining here for awhile, maybe worse up north??

Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #4187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
PH - thanks for sharing Farquaad story - so many Farquaads in the world...

ERK - thanks for confirming my stereotype about English people and peanut butter, LOL.

MO - yea on finishing taxes!

Wrose - DH doesn't even like peanut noodles (yum), though he will eat peanuts on their own. Just not in a liquefied form.

AmBBer - hugs

E - hurray for your 5K!

Marge - sounds like a fun party despite the marmite. I watched via piratebay last fall and I've been dying for people to know what happens in the last episode!

V - good luck with the job hunt! Hope the new agency has something for you.

--------
Re: what I'm doing - well, the inspection gig didn't last - seems that despite saying it was flexible independent work, what they really wanted was people who would work all the daylight hours plus enter data later at home. It was taking way too much time, and no flexibility when either I or the kids were sick, which seems to happen more often to us than many So I'm on the lookout again, too...
Oh man, Alyson..... sorry.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #4188

Quote:
E, if you're getting into running, I highly recommend the new nike dri fit socks. They are amazing. Pricey, but amazing. They have cushioning in all the right places to accomodate normal blistering spots and they wick away the sweat from your feet. I'm in love with socks. This is what my life has come to.
lol

It's the little things.....

Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #4189

Quote:
It's only been gently raining here for awhile, maybe worse up north??
Crazy. Just drove home thru slushy melty hail
Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #4190

Yeah I spoke too soon.

It had stopped here and was actually almost sunny. Then suddenly I noticed it was really dark, and then WHAM - Really LOUD - 15 seconds of hail and the deck is covered!

Crazy!

Then it got lighter again but I see it's dark again. lol

Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #4191

It got sunny for a bit but COLD. Ok California cold. Drove around a little afterschool to see the mountains on either side of the valley were dusted with snow. Now it's getting gray again.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #4192

Quote:
You're not alone... the first thing I did when I excavated long lost REI gift certificate was order 6 pairs of warm and cushiony uber-awesome Smartwool socks from their clearance rack.

Back in the 80s BFF and I went nuts over the capilene sock liners that kept us from getting blisters when we hiked.

Unfortunately no matter what you washed them in you could not get the smell out. After our 6 week cross country trip we about had to have a ritual burial supervised by the Love Canal hazmat team.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #4193

We just had about 15 seconds of ... not quite hail, more like sleet. Weird.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #4194
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Unfortunately no matter what you washed them in you could not get the smell out. After our 6 week cross country trip we about had to have a ritual burial supervised by the Love Canal hazmat team.
OK, so the first thing that went through my head is that our youngster Pondies may think the Love Canal is something other than you intended
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #4195
Stazon Splitcoast

Bitter cold here.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #4196

DD's freckles came back. lol

Old 02-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #4197

Marge you made me go google. I was only 2 lol
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #4198

If you've friended DD on FB, check out her new profile pic, you can see the freckles all around the edges. lol

Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #4199
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
If you've friended DD on FB, check out her new profile pic, you can see the freckles all around the edges. lol
Freckles and having lots of fun, too!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #4200

Quote:
I'm not. Would it be weird if I did?