Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #281
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just so stressed and trying to get out the door. I tend to double and triple check. I should have just left everything as it was and went out the door. I am so glad that it was not brand new and not too expensive. I have another one in my closet for my middle ds, I can just take that one. Or I have 2 more that I bought for my bil and sister, I can just keep one of those. We will see what we can do. I hate to be out $200 don't get me wrong, but at least it was only $200!

I am thankful that my son is healing! In the end that is all that matters, the rest is just stuff.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #282
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Sounds like she has her heart in the right place but doesn't think things through or doesn't pick the right kind of people to help out or feel sorry for.
Amen to that!

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #283
Watercolor Wizard

Good line of thinking Pia...family is much more important than a laptop! I feel for you though cause I remember what it was like trying keep DD down after about a week. It was a nightmare! She wasn't allowed to go back to school but had all her energy back and felt fine....good luck!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #284
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Ducki,
I am worried about that too. We are home for 2 weeks. So we will see how it goes. I am not a home body so that will be hard for me too.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #285
Watercolor Wizard

you may have to go shopping or visiting or something cause the energy comes back and they want to expel it and don't realize running and jumping can make the bleeding start again in their throat and it's a scary thing! My younger brother had to go back in and have his cotterized again because he didn't wana take it easy so I was double paranoid with DD! Take nice long walks to wear him out without him knowing you're wearing him out on purpose so he will go home and crash instead of bouncing off the walls! LOL

Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #286
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

The weather looks good next week so we can walk. My mother came to visit today at lunch. My niece is staying for a little bit so my mother can get her errands done. My niece had the same surgery in August.

He is doing better than I expected. He has been eating macaroni. I keep pushing the drinks on him. He is running a slight fever which is to be expected.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #287
Watercolor Wizard

I'm glad he's doing well!

Old 10-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #288
Watercolor Wizard

Need to vent....so frustrated!!

I wish that I could get anyone to help out around here!! I can't seem to get one single thing done from start to finish!! Last night I told my husband that I had no idea how in the world I was going to get everything done that I need to do over the weekend....he was surprised..."Like what..." he asked.
Well....The house is a disaster, the time that I used to use for cleaning (and crafting) is now spent teaching the kids at home. I'm pretty sure last night I had more dirty dishes to do than clean ones in my cupboard. The floors are filthy and I'm pretty sure they haven't been scrubed good in a least a month (gross). Then I thought that I had Friday (today) to get groceries and make a Costco run(he has Fridays off)...he told me at the last minute that he had a meeting in Omaha today...so that killed that idea. He was going to meet me in a nearby town (not were costco was) after he got back from his meeting (at 11)...well he JUST called a little bit ago and wanted to know if I was going to meet him with the kids (it's 3pm here now...we need to be at the football game at 6pm). He was running a little late becuase he decided to call our son and see if he wanted to go out and have lunch. REALLY??? We just went to the zoo on Wednesday and seen him then, I don't want to sound like a complete witch but he does have meeting in the town where he lives at least once or twice a week. Today was not the day to have lunch. DS #3 was invited to play in the All Star game tomorrow for his padded football league (another last minute thing). I thought that I had tomorrow to clean and cook for our "spooky barn party" at my sisters tomorrow night. Did I mention that I am taking 5 (yep...5) dishes to that???!!! The football game is an 1 1/2 away and we won't leave to come home from there untill at least 1pm...I"m not sure how I'm supposed to get to the store, make 2 ball games, prepare 5 "spooky" dishes, make the goody bags and try to clean this pit between now and tomorrow at 4pm??? I work good under pressure but this is a little ridiculous! Sunday I needed to get ready for our homeschool homevisit on Monday morning (clean/make sure the kids books are in order/questions/prepare next weeks assignments).....??? I'm just not seeing it. Sometime on Sunday I will still need to get to Costco too. And then there are the 2 swaps that I need to complete before the end of next week. I wish I could be just like him and just leave to do the things he needs to do (or wants to do). Last night he was gone for almost 6 hours preparing the football field for tonights game. I would love to get 6 hours of time to get stuff done. Why is it when they stay with the kids they are babysitting? I love my kids like crazy but I can't do everything with them every second of every day...I just can't get anything done around here and would love to figure out how to get some help getting everything done.
Now I just spent more of my time venting...(but I sure feel better).
Old 10-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #289
Stazon Splitcoast

Natalie,

You vent all you want/need. We are all here for you and, I for one, understand what you're talking about. I wish there was a button we could hit (maybe on the back of their heads) that would turn them on. You know, kinda like Gibbs on NCIS. LOL

Glad you feel better and hope things aren't quite as bad as you're expecting them to be.

Love and hugs and prayers
Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #290
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

All men are the same Natalie. They babysit and we nurture and have to do everything around the house.

They don't plan either. Everything they do is at a moments notice and they can't see why everyone else has a problem with it.
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #291
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Natalie, I feel your pain. No one here even tries to help around here. It takes ke yelling to get them to move. I spent thursday at the hospital, when we all got home I just wanted to sit and perhaps a nap. Dh decides to stay at boy scouts. Now I understand that he could not take off from work. He has only been there for 2 weeks, but to leave for scouts too. He could have just dropped our son off and come home. What bothered me the most is that the idea didn't even cross his mind.

We make it too easy for them! And we just need it done so we just keep doing!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #292
Watercolor Wizard

I was the evil witch yesterday! DH said before work was over that he was going to put wheel bearings in for a coworker after we got back from Golden Corral or 1st thing Saturday am. I explained rather bluntly (must be all the stress with oldest DD) that he was not doing another thing for anyone else until my furniture was all moved back in to the livingroom where it belonged! He just looked at me like I had three heads. I took a deep breath and said "listen, I am not a demanding wife and I never ask for anything and I told you when we started the floor it wasn't going to take forever to get done and that's what I meant" and walked away. It must have worked because he made sure to move all the furniture back last night when we got home. It's just too bad we had a cow down this am the vet had to pull a dead calf out of and the guys are finally here to put the new roof - that all matches unlike the one that came with the modular - on DMIL's house! So of course nothing is getting finished at our house today we are down at the farm! To top it off DH just got a call one of our Company vehicles is not running right in Indiana (state of not the town 2 hours away) and we may have to load a vehicle and haul out and swap them....okay now that's I've done my whineing for the day hope everyone's weekend gets better! Talk to you all later on or maybe not til Monday but I'm thinking about you all!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #293
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Enjoying another day at home.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #294
Stazon Splitcoast

2 more weeks (10 work days) and counting down.......
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #295
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
2 more weeks (10 work days) and counting down.......
I wanna retire too!

Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #296
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducki View Post
I wanna retire too!
You should try it (or at least reduced hours)!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #297
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies,

I'm hijacking for a minute to advertise my journaling box swap linked in my siggy. It isn't due until January of next year and is a really easy swap. Stop by and say hello and join if it is something you're interested in. Thanks

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.

Now back to normal programing. LOL
Old 10-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #298
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
You should try it (or at least reduced hours)!
I'm too stubborn to just do that. I like knowing I contribute to the household income, and DH wouldn't care how I spent his money or mine as long as the bills were paid, but I'm too independant I guess! Not to mention stubborn and bullheaded! I refuse to let anything drag me down including medical issues!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #299
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone. I was at the dentist this morning. I had my root canal last week and today I went for the temporary crown. OUCH! This hurt more than the root canal. I have to go back in 2 weeks for the crown.

I just signed up for a spot in a 12x12 sb page swap, I know I was supposed to check with you first! It is only 3+1 and not due till February. I like swaps so I am thinking one every couple of months will be okay.

I finished my calendar swap, now I have to work on Ducki's card candy swap.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #300
Watercolor Wizard

Like anyone would have told you no anyways! LOL I felt bad to drop out of the ones I was in that I didn't have started but I just can't keep up with everything and oldest DD hasn't contacted me for several days so who knows what she's up to! If anyone tells you that you're a bad girl tell them I'm living vicarious through you all so you had to!

Hope your tooth gets feeling better soon! How is DS doing?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #301
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

He is doing fine. He is a little bossy. I am the one who had surgery you know...

My tooth feels better. I am back at the dentist waiting for oldest ds.

Sorry to hear that your daughter hasn't gotten in touch with you. I can only imagine how worried you are.

My dh cooked extra food last night so leftovers are for dinner.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #302
Watercolor Wizard

I remember the "I'm the one that had surgery" routine. At our house it was "I'm the one that had my tonsils out and I feel fine so I can ride the 4wheeler so you don't yell at me for running"....yeah right! Not! LOL

I'm glad he's a little bossy though cause that way you know he's feeling pretty well if he's up to being the boss! LOL

Old 10-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #303
Watercolor Wizard

Well we finally got the baby shower pictures ordered tonight on shutterfly! Charli better get caught up quick with her scrapbooks cause I just ordered over 100 more for her to scrap! LOL

Old 10-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #304
Stazon Splitcoast

yep, he is probably feeling pretty good if he's bossy! LOL

How was everyone's day?

I am tired. Someone called from a different time zone and woke me up! After I left a vm that I was going to bed so don't call. He is working midnight shift and hasn't had to do that in a long time.
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #305
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess we all need to suffer when they are suffering! He will get used to it I guess. Will he do that shift all the time? My friend's husband is living in Wisconsin for work, he comes home once a month.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #306
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
I guess we all need to suffer when they are suffering! He will get used to it I guess. Will he do that shift all the time? My friend's husband is living in Wisconsin for work, he comes home once a month.
I don't know how long. The person he replaced was on that shift. Along with another guy on midnight. I don't know if they rotate it every so often or not.

When we first moved to VA he was stuck on midnight, then swing shift, day shift, and back to swing shift, and finally on day shift again! He was on swing shift for a long time and I got used to that schedule.
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #307
Watercolor Wizard

I attempted bed but tossed and turned so I figured I might as well get online and see what's happening!

How do the kiddos feel about the move to Chicago?

Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #308
Stazon Splitcoast

There are some really nice & terribly talented ladies on SCS in the Chicago area. I'd love to make a trip just to meet some of them. And for that matter I'd love to just take a trip up the east coast to meet a lot of the ladies I talk & trade with as well. That would be so much fun.

I know, since ducki has all that room (at the farm) we could have us a tent city/revival of paper crafting. Or they could be like Mr Yester who allowed for Woodstock but we'd be more clean & wouldn't tear up all the grass or smoke any wacky weed. LOL
Old 10-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #309
Watercolor Wizard

Well, if we can't have wacky weed I don't wanna play! LOL

Old 10-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #310
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Too funny!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #311
Watercolor Wizard

I wasn't being funny I was totally serious! haha One of the things I've read online was that it was good for my medical problems...just not legal here so if someone's bringin it legally I'm gonna find out! LOL

Old 10-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #312
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Move to California
Old 10-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #313
Watercolor Wizard

That's what I hear and I always wonder how you get that prescription filled! The doctor says "hey to get this filled you need to go see big Jim on the corner of 1st and main but he doesn't take blue cross insurance - cash only"! LOL

Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #314
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I attempted bed but tossed and turned so I figured I might as well get online and see what's happening!

How do the kiddos feel about the move to Chicago?
One could care less because she thinks she will not be living there except in the summer. College bound with big ideas LOL!

The other two are excited and keep asking me questions like....will we bring our clothes, will we bring our furniture (the reply to the furniture one when I said yes was .... why! lol).
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #315
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
One could care less because she thinks she will not be living there except in the summer. College bound with big ideas LOL!

The other two are excited and keep asking me questions like....will we bring our clothes, will we bring our furniture (the reply to the furniture one when I said yes was .... why! lol).
Well it's a new house, a new experience, and they probably want new stuff Mom! LOL

Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #316
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

too funny!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #317
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well it's a new house, a new experience, and they probably want new stuff Mom! LOL
oh, it gets better....DD1 (who could care less we are moving cuz she thinks she won't ever really be living there) demands that she should get all new bedroom furniture.

So, I said, why since you won't be living there.....and you can't bring it to college! DUH, she does not have any common sense!!!!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #318
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
oh, it gets better....DD1 (who could care less we are moving cuz she thinks she won't ever really be living there) demands that she should get all new bedroom furniture.

So, I said, why since you won't be living there.....and you can't bring it to college! DUH, she does not have any common sense!!!!
Don't forget they are the ones who will be taking care of us! Have you started looking at colleges? We have to start going on tours.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #319
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
Don't forget they are the ones who will be taking care of us! Have you started looking at colleges? We have to start going on tours.
Yes, we did go to Georgia and looked at Wesleyan. They have an equestrian team (cares more about the horses!). Haven't looked at any others in person.

I told her to look at Bridgewater (they also have an equestrian team, thought that would get her interested!).

She needs to get her ACT composite up a few more points and her GPA back were it was to get some scholarships at Wesleyan not to mention earn her Girl Scout Gold Award. If she can do those two things she can get $15k in scholarships/yr at Wesleyan .

Bridgewater has a lot of scholarships but they don't go into detail on the requirements for each one that I can find on their site.

She needs to get her butt in gear though and get her counselor recommendation form completed etc and start filling out apps!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #320
Watercolor Wizard

I think Slippery Rock University has some sort of Equesterian program too...at least they used to if I'm thinking of the right college because a local graduate took her horse to college too! LOL